• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Toon Zelda:

Chance: 10%

Was considered for Brawl and has made quite a few appearances, but she'll most likely be a full on clone which I doubt would appeal to the general audience. Plus there are better Zelda choices such as Impa and Tetra.

Want: 20%

I'd like to see another Zelda character though Toon Zelda probably isn't the best candidate. Impa and Tetra have more potential when it comes to their moveset (she could be interesting if she was given her own unique moveset, but I highly doubt that'll happen). She's probably my third most wanted Zelda newcomer but that isn't saying much.

Fire_Voyager

Smash Journeyman
Clone Toon Zelda
Chances: 20%... easy clone, but we are talking about the ballot DLC right?
Want: 0% No more clones for DLC... this looks more like "Downloadable Ex-Characters" or "Downloadable Clones"

Anna:
Prediction: 5% we like her, but there are a lot of FE characters now, and not a third DK or Metroid one?

Noms:
Bub/Bob x5 (Not Clones, Toon Like looks, cute, Third Party....) :bubblebobble:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Didn't we already do Tetra

Sir, we have some news. We did but Toon Zelda =/= Tetra

Ah.

Chance: 30%
Want: 15%

I wasn't big on Toon Link so Toon Zelda wouldn't get me interested unless she's super different from Zelda

Prediction: Anna 20%

Nominations: Isa (Sin and Punishment) x4

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Toon Zelda

Chance - 14.5% - As a Forbidden Seven character, she might have some work already done on her. However, the backlash against clones has resulted in people giving her a mean look. As she probably has to have her assets remade, it's probably more worth than one might think. The Toon games are popular, but I doubt it is enough for her to be considered. Still, she at least might have some base for a move set, however clone-y it may end up being.

Want - 20% - Bleh. Give me Tetra instead, she's more interesting.

Anna Prediction - 6.35% - Some support, but we already have Roy to contend with, and many are already stating Fire Emblem has enough characters.

Nominations
New Paltuena's Guidance Conversations X5

Drason

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Coke
Toon Zelda
Chance:15%
I'm pretty sure people were pissed when Young Link was replaced with Toon, so, Zelda probably won't be the best way to go
Want:4%
Wow, my first want below 50% because she'll just be a clone and I don't like the Toon characters much with a few exceptions, and Zelda isn't one of those exceptions
Nominations:
TalimX3(SoulCalibur)
Silver(Sonic series)
Nightmare(SoulCalibur)

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
So a Chibi-Robo amiibo has been revealed in the Japan-only Direct. The Chibi-Robo day is coincidentally close to happening... I wonder if it will have a strong impact on the chances score. I guess it kind of increases his chances because MUH RELEVANCE RECENCY!!!!1!1!! it may convince Sakurai that Chibi-Robo! is stronger and more Smash-worthy than the average unrepresented series. Though I wonder if this amiibo will actually remain exclusive to Japan...

@ PK_Wonder PK_Wonder just asking for a confirmation of the E3 week schedule; here's what I'm suggesting/expecting based on what you suggested earlier:

June 12th: rating whoever reaches the top of the nomination list; no predictions this day (but nominations allowed).
June 13th: votes for most overrated, most underrated, and most accurately rated character; no nominations until the 18th.
June 14th: most hyping and deflating Smash 4 related moment, pre- or post-release.
June 15th: general E3 discussion and speculation day. We're not rating anything, just discussing.
June 16th: cooldown day.
June 17th: satisfaction rating for the Digital event and each character revealed.
June 18th: rerate for the most overrated and underrated character; predictions for whoever is at the top of the nomination list. Nominations are allowed again, and everyone gets 15 extra nominations this day as you suggested.
Unless both the most overrated and underrated are revealed at E3 lol, in this case return to normal except that everyone gets 15 extra noms.
June 19th and beyond: return to normal.

I think a most hyping and deflating thing should be done, it has been done in the original RTC for the April Direct, E3 2014, and the July character reveal, and there would be the possibility to include post-release things as well (Mewtwo reveal, Lucas reveal, ballot reveal, amiibo shortage...). You originally suggested a satisfaction rating for June 16th then a cooldown day for the 17th, but don't you think those should be reversed instead? I think it would be better to get fully hyped for the Digital Event day and wait one day of cooldown or hindsight for a more accurate rating, isn't it? Anyway, thanks for your feedback ;)

@JackerX so it's a 0% (or 1-5%) want rating I guess?
This seems pretty ideal to me. The perfect RTC celebration of "Gamer Christmas."

How does everyone plan on spending their E3? My friends and I are having a 3-day Sundaynight/all Monday/Tuesday morning gaming and pizza party where we watch all the conferences (with plenty of fresh air and showers in-between conferences).

Laniv

Smash Lord
Toon Zelda

Chance: 30%
I feel that Impa has a lot more going for her.

Want: 55%
As long as she puts more effort into being different from regular Zelda. (And again, Impa.)

Anna Prediction: 12% Chance, 5% Want

Nominate Chibi-Robo x 5

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
Toon Zelda

Chance: 20%
If she was supposedly considered once, then probably Sakurai saw potential in her.

Want: 0%
I'd prefer if the Zelda series got first Impa, Ganon, or Tingle (don't forget his popularity in Japan) first. If Toon Link still doesn't have the Ballad of Gales as a final smash, then I'm sure she would also be a clone of Zelda.

Nominations
Tingle x5

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Toon Zelda:

Chance: 25%

Possible. I think she had files in Brawl so maybe they had plans to include her.

Want: 1%

I'd rather have Tetra for an alternate Zelda.

Nominations:
Concept Full Ken Alt x5

StormC

Smash Hero
Chance: 15%. With transformations gone there doesn't seem to be much merit to this character, especially as DLC.

Want: 5%. She's cute, but we already have two Zeldas.

Anna prediction: 5%

Beast Ganon 5x

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Toon Zelda - Not Tetra, but I still think it's close enough.

Chance: 20% - I believe Toon Zelda might have a higher chance than Tetra, due to being an easy to make clone character, but I still don't see it very likely, due to there being better choices, and given the fact that she was one of the forbidden 7.

Want: 1% - Same rating I gave Tetra actually. I understand that the two are actually different characters, but to me, they still feel like the same character. Furthermore, neither of them appeal to me. Impa, Ganon, Vaati, and Tingle still seem like better choices, especially since Toon Zelda's Phantom from Spirit Tracks is one of Zelda's actal moves.

Predictions: Anna - Oh boy, more Fire Emblem characters. Can we please have a break from these guys. I understand Fire Emblem is a rather decent series, but it's beginning to tie with Zelda in characters... 16.7%

Nominations:
Meowth X3
Chibi-Robo X2

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Toon Zelda:

Chance: 20%

Toon Zelda (Like her pirate alter ego) was considered for Brawl and has made quite a few appearances in the franchise. Wind Waker itself had been remade for the Wii U which adds more to her viability like Tetra. But she'll most likely be a full on clone which I doubt would appeal to the general audience (Though that doesn't stop characters like the flaming clone Roy or powerful pseudo-clone Lucas from being DLC). While there are better choices like Impa and Lana, you can't deny that she's in a better situation than those two because the team tried considering Toon Zelda for an older Smash title.

Want: 85%

As a Falcondorf and Toon Link main, I would least care about clones since they still have a distinct playstyle despite their little similarities to the "originals". Toon Zelda herself would be no exception since I can imagine her as a lighter Zelda with more defensive options to separate herself from her detailed counterpart. Hell, even the Phantom move would suit her even more than the real Zelda. Winder Waker was a great game and her character interested me in both forms, so I would love her inclusion in Smash.

Anna Prediction: 15%

Nominations: Takamaru x5 #SlashtheVote

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
TOON ZELDA:
CHANCE: 15%
WANT: 45%

Toon Zelda's biggest advantage was that she was planned to be included in Brawl, so there is a good chance Sakurai might revisit the idea. Though I'm not really sure how much of a great idea ahe sould be for DLC, as being cloney isn't particularly good for your reputation. Then again, Smash DLC is going to sell no matter what, so there's that.

As for want, I've never been too interested in her, personally. Her alter-ego, Tetra, interests me far more. Now that Tetra doesn't need Toon Zelda to get in, she's even less relevant for me.

ANNA PREDICTION:
6% CHANCE
55% WANT

ASHLEY (WARIOEARE) × 5

:231:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
I'm pretty sure people were pissed when Young Link was replaced with Toon, so, Zelda probably won't be the best way to go
Not really, actually. There was a lot of frustration over Toon Link being a semi-clone, but most of the fans were okay with him basically being Young Link's successor.

Fire_Voyager

Smash Journeyman
Not really, actually. There was a lot of frustration over Toon Link being a semi-clone, but most of the fans were okay with him basically being Young Link's successor.
Yeah, I like toon link, his expresions, is quick, the games that he represent are pretty cool... but... why is he a semi-clone? Link has an arsenal of weapons, attacks, and thechniques... making him a semiclone (or the Young Link successor) was a lazy option in my eyes...
the same with:4ganondorf: :4falco::4lucas::4drmario::wolf::roymelee::younglinkmelee:
And 2 Zelda characters that are Semiclones is more disrespectful than :4ganondorf:himself.... we don't need a third clone... maybe another Zelda, but not a clone of her

Last edited:

A-money2121

Smash Journeyman
Toon Zelda:

Chance: 15%

It's a very odd selection for a Zelda representative. I think Nintendo would have their sights on other more important Zelda representatives. Toon Zelda would likely serve as a Zelda clone, which I'm not very fond of. If morphing were still in the game (but since it isn't), I would've liked to see Toon Zelda transform into Tetra, just like Zelda would transform into Sheik in the other games.

Want: 30%

I'll admit, when I heard Toon Zelda files were in Brawl, I was kinda upset that they cut her off, practically because I was a huge Wind Waker fan at that time. But, as I began to realize, I thought she'd probably been a smaller, weaker, lighter but more nimble clone of Zelda. If anything, I would rather get Tetra as a playable character in Smash. She's a better choice since she's plays more into Wind Waker's story in comparison to Zelda, and because they cannot POSSIBLY make her a Zelda clone, due to their differences and powers.

Last edited:

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
Toon Zelda:

Chances: 30%
@Scamper52596 Made a compelling enough argument to make me re-think her chances.

Want: 50%
To be honest, I don't care which one appears as DLC just so long as we get another Zelda character in the game. It can be Toon Zelda, Gonzo, Tetra, Impa, Tingle, Tingles brother, Fi, Lana, Groose... Scratch that, I wan't Groose more than everyone else, but so long as we get another Zelda rep, I'll be one happy camper.

Prediction:
Anna:
Chances: 18%
Want: 22%

Nomination: Sora x5
How does everyone plan on spending their E3? My friends and I are having a 3-day Sundaynight/all Monday/Tuesday morning gaming and pizza party where we watch all the conferences (with plenty of fresh air and showers in-between conferences).
If I'm not working those days, I plan on sitting down with a few bags of chips and 2 gallons of soda and doing an on-and-off stream watch.

Last edited:

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Toon Zelda
Chance: 40%
She was part of the forbidden 7.
Also Wind Waker was the most recent Zeld game.
And there's only one Zelda character from the toon games.

Would prefer Tetra or Groose

Anna Prediction: 5%

Nominations: Jibanyan x2
Leon Powalski x1
Shy Guy x1
Rerate Inkling x1

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Toon Zelda:
I still don't think non-veteran clones will happen, but if they do I could see her happening.

Want: 10%
I really don't want to see dlc clones, but I do like the character.

Predicting Anna at 10%
Nominating 6+dlc characters x5

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Toon Zelda

Chance: 5%

Was a Forbidden 7 character yes but the DLC ship has since sailed from her and other LoZ characters are more likely to be DLC granted we even get any DLC LoZ rep.

Want: 1%

I don't even like Zelda as a character both in Smash and in the LoZ games so Toon Zelda is no different. I would rate higher if it meant we could see a TZelda/Tetra combination like with Zelda/Sheik but with in game transformations being gone, my want for the character has gone down the toilet.

Prediction
Anna: 5%

Nominations
Andy x5

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Toon Zelda
20% Chance
Forbidden 7, Easy to make clone. Does not have ballot support though.
100% Want
I like Zelda characters. Make her a semi clone, fighting somewhat differently, and I am down to clown.

Anna 6.66%

Nominating Andy x 5

Last edited:

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Toon Zelda's chances: 15%

Part of the forbidden seven and an easy semi-clone, but there's competition in her series.

Want: 0%

I really like Wind Waker...but I don't like this choice. There are plenty of options from her series that I find far more interesting, including her pirate form. And I don't like fighting as Zelda anyway, so I wouldn't want a clone of her. Honestly, I'm not even sure I'd want to buy her if she did become DLC.

Anna prediction: 8.39%

Eh...

Nominations: Karate Joe x5

a smart guy

Smash Journeyman
Toon Zelda:
Chance: 15% Her only saving grace is being in the Forbidden 7.
Want: 10% Not another clone...

Anna prediction: 15.3%

Nominations: I'm tempted to hold off on nominating Chibi-Robo so the hype can die down, but it'll still be a few days before we rate him, so...
Chibi-Robo x5
I want that Amiibo

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Toon Zelda
Chance: 35%
Has the advantage of being a part of the Forbidden 7. As well as just being really easy to make. Could happen if Sakurai has some spare time.

Want: 5%
Meh. Give me Tetra.

Prediction
Anna: 5%
Looking pretty unlikely....

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Toon Zelda:

Chance: 20%. Easy clone of Zelda, that would fit in with the rest of the Zelda characters and is promoted by Nintendo as their 'main' Zelda.

Want: 80%. Aesthetically pleasing character that would be a nice friend for Toon Link. Don't know where all this needless clone hate is coming from.

---
Jill Valentine x2
Pirate Ship x3

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Toon Zelda
Chance: 10% - I'm not putting as much weight on the "forbidden seven" argument as most people do as I believe Toon Zelda was only ever planned as a clone to full up Brawl's roster. Also as far as F7 characters go, Dixie is far more requested.
Want: 10% - I would honestly raise this to 100% if their was any chance of us getting Ghost Zelda from Spirit Tracks but unfortunately that seems impossible.

Anna prediction: 9%

Nominations: Ghost Zelda Jibanyan x5

DAY OVER
PLEASE WAIT WHILE I CALCULATE THE RESULTS

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Chance: 15%

Toon Zelda's chances of joining the rooster are still around considering she was one of the forbidden seven fighters from Brawl, and with Windwaker being such a huge success, I can understand why they were considering adding her at one point. Now that Windwaker was remade in HD, she is still a relevant character to consider. However, I'm pretty sure the reason why she wasn't added in Brawl's roster back then was because she would very likely be a clone of the normal Zelda character, and many Smashers generally hate clone characters. To this day, there is still a noticeable hate for clones, evident with Dark Pit's inclusion. Considering how she would be the second clone/semi-clone of all the Zelda characters in the current Smash Bros, Zelda characters like Impa would have a much higher chance because they would have a more unique moveset. Thus, her chances of joining the roster are slim but still existent, as I'm sure there are fans out there who would love to see her join Smash Bros.

Want: 60%

Windwaker is still my favorite Zelda game out there, and I would love to see more representation from that series of Zelda games. Heck, now with Spirit Tracks' release, I can see some uniqueness going for her considering she could transform into a ghost for a brief period of time for her moveset, but beyond that, I feel as though it would be the same as Zelda's for the most part. If Sakurai were to consider adding another rep from the Windwaker series, I would prefer seeing Tetra instead because she would have a much more unique moveset, and I just like her personality more than Zelda's. For a general Zelda rep, I would prefer seeing Impa too because she has become quite an important character over the past few years, and she also would have a truly unique moveset too.

Long story short, Toon Zelda isn't the Zelda character I want to see join the roster the most considering there are other Zelda characters who would be more unique and not end up as clone characters like Toon Zelda. Sure she could be unique considering she could briefly transform into a ghost, but I still visualize her being a clone regardless.

Nominations:

Jean Descole (Professor Layton): x3
Gallade (Pokemon): x2

EDIT:
Welp, Turns out I completely overlooked that post that revealed Toon Zelda's day is over. Oh well, maybe I'll be quicker next time.

Last edited:

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
TOON ZELDA
CHANCE: 20.68%
WANT: 27.94%
I don't have much to say about Toon Zelda's score, but she got a surprisingly low want rating. Next up we're rating Anna who is the "Cid" of Fire Emblem. We have tie in nominations but we'll just predict the score of the B. B. Bandit Trio first because I still need time to think about whether or not we split up ratings between Melee Young Link and Mask Link.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Anna Chance:
5%
She hasn't appeared in the new FE yet, and she's no longer the merchants from what we have seen in the direct, I'm afraid her chances really skyrocketed downwards this time like with Tharja and Tiki, as she's not being promoted and has had much of a presence in the game like in Awakening.

Anna Want:
80% I'm slowly converting into a Kamui fan now. FE:If gets more and more interesting the more info they show, and I would rather see that game get promoted with a character than getting in Anna in the game unfortunately, but I would still like to see her in.

Young Link Prediction:
13.242% (For both)
I got something big planned for this. You guys are going to love it! :D

Nominations:
x5 Jibanyan

Burruni

Smash Hero
Anna chance:
5%
Roy took a hard chunk of hope for any FE character. Even is she is Resident in 12 of the released 13 games and is clearly a developer favorite at IS with a really pliable existance for being used however they'd wish.

Anna Want:
80%
Best FE newcomer period and hopefully will become a reoccurring secret unit. By gods she was the ultimate super boss of the series up to the point of Awakening toting two kinds of lances.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
@ colder_than_ice colder_than_ice , how about we tackle Young Link in both his Melee and Majora's Mask concepts, since they're still the same person, just different perspectives and moveset ideas. One is Hero of Time with his clone moveset from Melee, or the Masks he picked up in Majora's Mask, or a new moveset inspired by Hyrule Warriors.

I'll come back to Anna a little bit later.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
TOON ZELDA
CHANCE: 20.68%
WANT: 27.94%
I don't have much to say about Toon Zelda's score, but she got a surprisingly low want rating. Next up we're rating Anna who is the "Cid" of Fire Emblem. We have tie in nominations but we'll just predict the score of the B. B. Bandit Trio first because I still need time to think about whether or not we split up ratings between Melee Young Link and Mask Link.
I wouldn't split Young Link, they're the same exact character.

Anna
Chance: 1%
She appears in a lot of Fire Emblem games but thats it.
Want: 5%

nominate R.O.B. eye bug fix x5

Predict BB Bandit Trio 1.9%

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
Anna:

Chances: 10%
Once upon a time, there was a following for this girl... But that time is over... Especially since all eyes are on Roy(and Chrom).

Want: 94%
I've always loved this character. Infact, I gunned for her S support the instant I found out she was in Awakening! I'd be ecstatic if she ever made the roster... Or made it as a DLC assist trophy.

Prediction:
B.B.Bandit trio:
Chances: 5%
Want: 2%

Nomination: Sora x5

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team

Anna:
Chances: 10%

She is a major reoccurring character in Fire Emblem, which already is represented more than well enough. I'm not giving her a flat out 1% because Mr. Sakurai loves Fire Emblem and we all know that his bias some times takes priority over some rational decisions. Sadly it may actually happen, I don't trust Mr. Sakurai with Fire Emblem at all. Hopefully Nintendo will eventually step in.

Want: -50% (0%)

Probably one of the few characters that I'd be legitimately upset if they got in. She's another Fire Emblem rep, which already has 4 (5 soon) reps with around 13 million units sold, while series such as DK have 2 reps (despite having 56 million units sold) and Kirby has 3 (despite having 34 million units sold). It would be quite the disservice to fans of other franchises to allow Fire Emblem anymore representation, especially while shafting those two, along with the fact that it's lucky to even have this much in the first place.

Really, what makes Fire Emblem so much more important than everybody else? And to top it all off, I don't believe she'd add anything interesting or unique to the roster. (Inb4 she's the third Marth clone)

Predictions: Young link 15%

Nominations: Dark Matter (kirby) x 4 Dr. Eggman x 1

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Anna

The most recurring character from the Fire Emblem series enjoyed a skyrocket in popularity with Awakening, but I'm not sure how said popularity will fare when the next installment releases since she is nowhere to be seen so far.

Part of me thinks I would welcome her inclusion while the other has seen enough Fire Emblem characters for one Smash game as much I like the series.

Prediction: BB Bandit Trio - 5%

Nomination: Zael x5

Last edited by a moderator:

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
I'd like to remind you guys that we're rating the B. B. Bandit Trio tomorrow and Young Link the day after. I'm seeing a lot of you casting predictions for Young Link already.

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
WTF guys, we have 5 FE characters, Anna is not even a popular character in the ballot and if Sakurai adds another FE character, he would probably choose one from IF.

I like Anna, but 10% is just too much xd

Top Bottom