• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Mach Rider Chance:
10%
Mach Rider, a one-time retro character whose game has first released internationally unlike Takamaru, which gives him a slight better edge over most retro characters. He does have interesting enough characteristics with his motorcycle and gun to make for a moveset. He also has the benefit of him being Sakurai's most wanted when it comes to developing characters. It isn't saying much though as he neither has the benefit of getting a new game like Little Mac though. (Which would benefit his chances greatly)
I'm gonna need a source on Mach Rider being Samurai's personally wanted character.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Mach Rider

Chance: 25%
Biggest hindrance is lack of support, but then again...he's retro, and Sakurai seems to be somewhat fond of him so I don't think his chances are terrible...for DLC he may be a decent blast to the past candidate...but with his lack of support I'm not sure how well he'd sell since no one is really clamouring for his inlcusion, save a few people here and there...He gets a modest quarter which is better than most characters we've rated lately...

Not much else to say...Retro, not heavily demanded, but has Sakurai's favour...

----

Want: 45%
Almost indifferent, he'd be a cool addition as a fighter but at the same I won't miss him if he isn't added...

----

Prediction: 19.1%
Toon Zelda
part of the Forbidden Seven, so she was planned in Brawl initially (along with Toon Sheik)...I think her chances aren't that great myself but I suspect a bit of overrating going on...

----

Nominations:
Dark Samus x5
Not retro, but was made by Retro....:grin:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
I've heard of rolling around at the speed of sound, but riding?

--

Mach Rider

Chance: 12%
For a guy who's supposedly from a post-apocalyptic future, this guy has quite a few ties to the past. A surprise in Melee gave his theme a remix as Big Blue's alternate music and himself a trophy (With an updated appearance, no less!). Though he's been passed on since, could he speed back into the spotlight?

There's one big factor tying into Mach Rider's chances: Sakurai. Reportedly, Mach Rider is among the guy's favorite characters. Rumor has it he'd also spent a while toying with the idea of putting him in Smash...and whether I don't personally know if it's true, it was enough for Mach Rider to be thrown into a few fake leaks last year. There's a chance we could see him sneak in as DLC through the now famous phrase...of "Sakurai bias" (Take a drink!).

Thing is, if he isn't given the inside track by the developers, Mach Rider isn't looking too good. He's a ballot afterthought, more or less, with too lacking of fan support for him to get in through it. Further complicating things are the fact that the last time he was mentioned, Sakurai said he hadn't been able to come up with a moveset that worked. While something could've happened since, if it hasn't, that's a major strike against him.

This feels like such a familiar story, now. A character with a few upsides, but not enough to overcome his problems. He has a little better of a chance than some others, though, if Sakurai is still a fan.

Want: 25%
Meh. I guess the concept of a fighter riding a bike could be interesting, but he doesn't interest me at all. Definitely not in the way a handful of other characters do.

Toon Zelda Prediction: 15.75%
On one hand, there'll be Forbidden Seven talk and the "easy clone" argument. On the other, the "easy clone" argument usually only shows up for former veterans.

Nominations:
Concept: Alpha-Form Stages x5

Last edited:

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Mach Rider - More like Go K.K. Rider!, no? OK...

Chance: 25% - Aside from the Ice Climbers, this is the only other retro character that is a possibility at being seen in DLC, due to Sakurai's consideration of this character before. However, I also see the problems in getting a character like this to jump. Unlike Bowser Jr., who has a propeller on his vehicle (heck, the Jr./Koopa Clown Car is supposed to stay in the air), a bike isn't easy to make jump, similar to Captain Toad in a way, but at least we've seen Toad's jump before. Also, Wario himself already has a motorcycle, I'm and considering Wario's Bike, Mack Rider seems less likely.

Want: 10% - People have brought up that this character looks "bada**." These kind of characters, as well as "edgy" characters, are generally among the types of characters I dislike the most, although I'm not sure why (what, my profile picture? Yes, Shadow the Hedgehog is among the "edgy" characters that I dislike, but he didn't use to be that way, aka SA2 Shadow wasn't entirely "edgy." Fancy Shadow is my way of coping with the "modern" Shadow). Mach Rider does seem to fit the description, and being a retro game character who hasn't appeared in Smash before, it might be hard to get population interested in him. Also, he looks awfully similar to Captain Falcon, seriously, the two could be brothers.

Predictions: Ugh, didn't we do this one already? Oh, that was Tetra? Wait, aren't these two the same thing?
*prepares for the possible anger of fans*
*sigh*, I feel that I'll just give the same rating I gave Tetra, but as for now, 25%.

Nominations:
Meowth X3
Chibi-Robo X2

*Note, I'm perfectly aware that Tetra and Toon Zelda are technically two completely different things, such as Wind Waker = Tetra and Spirit Tracks = Toon Zelda. However, the two characters are supposed to be one in the same, in a similar manner to Sheik and Zelda I suppose...

Last edited:

4theRECORD

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2878-9708-8635
By the way, people, Mach Rider is a she.
Mach Rider (Mach Rider)

Chance:10%

I'm going to assume that Mach Rider is a fairly popular choice among retro reps, or else she wouldn't come on this list in the first place.

Mach Rider has a number of connections with Smash, she had a song on the Big Blue stage in Melee. Also, she was once considered to be in Melee as the retro rep, but along with a number of others(Balloon Fighter, Excitebike) was canned and Ice Climbers took their place. It is certainly possible for Sakurai to go back to his old ideas and have Mach Rider in Smash. Is it very likely? I don't know. I don't think it's near the top of his to-do list though.

A different concern I have about Mach Rider is that, well, what are you going to do with her moveset? All she did in the original game was ride her bike and shoot. There's not a lot of stuff to pull out from. You could say that Sakurai could give her original movesets, but I feel it would be too similiar to Captain Falcon. Sure, Sakurai can make the most imaginative moveset possible, but if there is enough moveset potential set in place that Sakurai can pull moves from without trying too hard, he'll probably use the character with that.

Want:20%
She's a retro and a female, which is always nice, but that's all of the appeal I could find about her.

Predictions: Toon Zelda 15%

Nominations: Slime (Dragon Quest) x5

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Mach Rider chances: 2.2%
A classic NES character with I guess gets more recognition than the average NES-only Nintendo character... and Sakurai had considered it before. But that's not saying much, I guess it's a long shot for DLC. Not willing to elaborate more >_>

Mach Rider want: 0.32%
I guess it could have some uniqueness by having a bike-based moveset... otherwise I have no reason to want that. Mach Rider awfully overlaps with F-Zero as a game, like... both are about the exact same thing, super fast aggressive racing. F-Zero is generally considered as Mach Rider's spiritual successor and we have a Mach Rider music in a F-Zero stage in Melee and Brawl, so the overlap is even more noticeable. Also I dislike the "retro" mindset which consists of giving the advantage to anyone from the NES era just because... like... what's the point? Why would coming from a specific part of the gaming history give you the advantage over other characters regardless of your personal legacy and merits? I honestly have my doubts about the Mach Rider game itself being Smash caliber and I'm tired of this arbitrary "retro" mindset. Plus we already have a fighter with a bike (granted, non-permanently and through a special move, but still).

Toon Zelda prediction: 12.78%
The fact she was planned for Brawl and the "easy clone" argument will help her, but I have a feeling most people will judge the idea pointless.

Nominating:
Concept: Roy revealed in tomorrow's Japan-only Nintendo Direct x5
Concept: Battlefield form stages x3
Playable newcomer: Tetrimino x2

Last edited:

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
Hmmm, all sources I see refer Mach Rider as a man. Weirdddd

Mach Rider

Chance 10%:
Well idk. A retro character, sorta-spiritual-predecessor of CF, who gets considered before, blah blah blah.

Just want to say tho, does being "considered" really change much to the chances. Sure they've been thought of once, and most of them are somehow deconfirmed/cancelled. But whenever that happens, there must be a reason. Either not as a good enough choice or has no potential, or just hard to program one out, whatever it is. Someone considered DO happen in later series, like Wolf or Wario. But when there's nothing said for the reason of the cancellation, we can't really say they're more likely or not.

Just giving this rating because ummm... He/She does have a plus for being a retro Nintendo game and is more known than most other choices. However, we also do have sorta enough Classic characters... MrG+W, Pacman, Ice Climber (disregard the limitation), Duck Hunt, etc. Plus that Mach Rider probably isn't too much of a popular choice either, soo....

Want 5%:
Wouldn't mind too much if he/she gets in, but don't have really much feelings about this addition either.

Prediction Toon Zelda 7%:
Probably a choice more would be okay with, due to Zelda being a more popular series and Toon Zelda being a more relevant character than, say, Geno or those stuffs.

Nominations:Slippy x3
Slime x2

Last edited:

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
Turbo Tastic:

Chance: 15%
Its assist trophy status was removed and it has a new model from the new trophy and it was considered in the past (being turned down in favor of Ice Climbers), but I remember hearing that it didn't get far off the drawing board due to not coming up with a way to jump without looking ridiculous. honestly, I feel that this one has potential to be in at some point.

Uh, I misread this as Excite bike for a moment. I feel this one has much less of a chance than the latter.

Want:50%

Nom. Moonstruck Blossom x5

Too tired for anything else.

4theRECORD

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2878-9708-8635
Wait a minute...you're telling me Mach Rider pulled a Samus?
Apparently Mach Rider was established as a female in the Japanese only arcade port of the game. In the original Famicom/NES version Mach Rider's gender is unknown. Sorry I didn't have a source, many Japanese Nintendo communities referred to Mach Rider as female and naturally I thought it was the same in the west.

On a somewhat unrelated note, Mach Rider was supposed to be in Captain Rainbow. Her appearance in this game resembles much more of a female, so I assume that is the canon gender.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Mach Bike without Daisy.
What a joke.

Chance: 10%

A retro.
Yeah.

I dunno if Sakurai would revisit him/her

Want: 78%
A bike moveset does excite me.

Toon Zelda: 13.45%

Takamaru x5 #SlashtheVote

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I always need to dash-dance whenever I hear Mach Rider play on Wrecking Crew.
Previous Evaluations:
K.Rool Chance: 87% Want: 100

Banjo & Kazooie Chance: 3% Want: 14%

Isaac Chance: 70% Want: 90%

Bandanna Dee Chance: 42% Want: 50%

Captain Toad: Abstained chance and want

Krystal Chance: 36% Want: 71%

Dixie Kong Chance: 40% Want: 43%

Impa Chance: 35% Want 79%

Shantae Chance: 10% Want 54%

Inklings Chance: 31% Want: 51%

Rayman Chance: 61% Want 89%

Snake Chance: 35% Want: 50%

Wolf Chance: 98% Want: 100%

Shovel Knight Chance: 13% Want 65%

Quote Chance 8% Want: 4%

Ice Climbers Chance: 25% Want: 40%

Sceptile: Chance: 12.60 Want: 52%

Wonder Red Chance: 18% Want: 78%

Promoted NPCs Chance: 13% Want: 30%

Henry Fleming Chance: 13.20 Want: 57%

Paper Mario Chances: 14% Want: 8%

Roy Chance: 98% Want 100%

Ridley Chance: 5% Want 75%

Chorus Men Chance: 9% Want: 45%

DLC Costumes: Chance 80% Want: 100%

Magolor Chance: 7% Want: 46%

Wolf Link and Midna Chance: 3% Want: 25%

Ray Chance: 37% Want 55%

Tetra Chance: 19% Want: 46%

Pichu Chance: 30% Want: 68%

Ryu Chance 98% Want: 75%

Phoenix Wright Chance: 7% Want: 100%

Lip: Abstained Chance and Want

Simon Belmont Chance: 4% Want 57%

Daisy Chance: 21% Want: 10%

Ninten Chance and Want 1%

Geno Chance: 1% Want: 13%

Squirtle and Ivysaur Chance 13%, Want: 1%

Professor Layton - Chance: 23% Want: 75%

DLC Customs - Chance: 67% Want: 100%

Spyro the Dragon - Abstained Chance and Want

DLC Music Packs - Chance: 67% Want: 100%

KOS-MOS Chance: 1.67% Want: 1.67%

Any Rhythm Heaven Representative character Chance: 35% Want: 65%

Elma and Cross Chance 4% Want: 0% (Not at the moment)

9-Volt Chances: 3% Want: 3%

Monita Chance: 7% Want: 47%

Mach Rider 9% Want: 15%

Chance: 9%
Being without a game for so long, he doesn't have a big fanbase that's requesting him in the Ballot.

Want: 15%
I could do without Mach Rider for now, but I can see him as a worthwhile retro character for the next Smash Bros. But Nintendo would need to remind the audience who they are, so I think a new Mach Rider game would be a good way for people to recognise them again. Even just DLC in Mario Kart 8 would be good enough, or even an appearance in F-ZERO NX. < (When, Nintendo...!?)

Toon Zelda Predictions: 16%

Nominations: Ghirahim X4 Tingle X1

Geno Boost

Smash Master
By the way, people, Mach Rider is a she.
wait a second if mach rider is female then why did SSB crusade give it a male voice :0

Mach rider chance 13%
he is not winning the ballout but when it comes to a retro character this character would be the perfect choise there are many deconfirmed retro characters in smash but he isnt but there is 1 problem exitebike is popular and older than mach rider and got more games and he got a stage in mario kart 8 wich hurt mach rider chances

want 70%
Bike + Gun yeaaaaaaaaaaaaah i want this kind of fighter

4theRECORD

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2878-9708-8635
wait a second if mach rider is female then why did SSB crusade give it a male voice :0
Uh...no clue. XD
But I believe Crusade is a fan project, so it is probably just that the people behind it didn't know, or just thought male was the canon gender.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
Mach Rider
Chance:25%
For retro reps, he's/she's starting to become the last few to choose from. But the thing is, did they have an impact on the NES? Much like Ice Climbers, I'd say Mach Rider was forgotten. However, he/she does have the small impact of him/her being the predecessor to F-Zero. I'm Also seeing how he/she was apparently a favorite to Sakurai. So right now, i'm keeping them low.

Want:70%

After Takamaru's deconfirmation and before Duck Hunt, Mach Rider was my choice for a retro rep. I thought he/she looked cool and his most interesting aspect could've been him/her riding his/her bike: Essentially becoming our second mounted fighter. He/she has a blaster, the ability of breaking into pieces, the signature bike, give him/her some unqiue orginial moves and he/she would become a favorite imo. He/she has gone down in terms of my want list, but he'll/she'll always have a small part in my list of characters. And I'll still be rooting for them. (Wow, that ambiguity really is hard)

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
Mach Rider

Chance: 20%

I would've given him 25%, but I felt like this was the best rating to give him chance-wise. I think the chances for another "retro" character to appear is at least around this point and at most 25%.

Want: 80%

Mach Rider sounds like a fun character to have in Sm4sh.

Concept: Alpha-Stages 5x

Last edited:
poor mach rider. you once had decent fan support when you were in quite a few fake leaks. Then the esrb came and blew you out of the water. . .

chance 5%
I really dont think we are getting a retro. TBH i would think excitebiker has a better chance anyway. Even if (s)he was previously considered.

want 5%
i cant think of anything interesting for him/her and anything I have seen hasnt been very spectacular either. at least (s)he could make a decent falcon clone or something :laugh:

not tetra prediction 22%

noms
viridi 4
nintendoland stage 1

Laniv

Smash Lord
Mach Rider

It took me five years to realize the Mach Rider theme was in Melee.

Chance 2%
In terms of retros, she/he's got to deal with:
- Balloon Fighter (:4villager: is effectively BF at this point)
- Excitebiker
- Bubbles (Lolwho)
- Urban Champion (...)
- Takamaru (AT for now)
- Sable Prince (AT for now)
- Lip (pls Sakurai pls)

Want: 50%
Ehhhhh....

Predictions for Toon Zelda: 35% Chance, 70% Want

Nominate Tingle x 5

Fire_Voyager

Smash Journeyman
Mach Rider
Chances: 18% being a "One hit Wonder" has being enough to be in Smash :4ness::4falcon::4duckhunt::4rob::4pit:
Want: 75% If we wont get a F-Zero character, He (or She) could be a cool addition, with an original moveset anyone could be in... and look at :4pit:... we could get a revival of this IP... our very MadMax world...

Toon Zelda
Prediction: 30%... I like to use clone characters :4falco::4drmario::roypm: but if they get an "original moveset" I will use them even more... I would be sad to TLoZ to be a Clone Party... :4tlink::4ganondorf:

Noms
Bub/Bob x5 :bubblebobble:

Last edited:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Mach Rider

Chance - 8.25% - Still good, but the Rider not exactly the most likely. I'm not exactly expecting a retro, but as one he/she has a decent chance. Mach Rider's a reasonably popular character for one, though, so I can see him depending on how many characters we get out of the ballot.

Want - 60% - Could be cool, but not actually supporting the guy.

Toon Zelda Prediction - 6.75% - Clones lambasted as always.

Nominations
New Palutena's Guidance Conversations X3
Anna (FE) X2

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
MACH RIDER:
CHANCE: 5%
WANT: 20%

In terms of content, Mach Rider had a song in Melee, which I didn't know was a Mach Rider song until I saw it in Brawl's Sound Test, and beautiful trophy in Melee, and nothing besides that. Kind of puts him on par with other retro hopefuls, though those that have been ATs have a greater chance than him.

As for want, let's just say that if we are going to get a motorcyclist, I by far prefer ExciteBiker.

TOON ZELDA PREDICTION:
20% CHANCE
31% WANT

ASHLEY (WARIOWARE) x 5

:231:

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Mach Rider

Chance: 25%
Finally, someone who may actually stand a chance. Sakurai does like Mach Rider, and the game's been referenced by songs since Melee. He is even mentioned by a trophy in melee (and the US version uses the 'he' pronoun, number 280, in case anyone's wondering). Unfortunately, Nintendo seems to favor ExciteBike, as that was the one that's popped up more frequently - they have a trophy in Melee, and then have shown as assists since then; they've also got a track in MK8.

Now if they jut focused on him being a cyclist, then it's easy enough to put excitebike as alts (and they can even do various genders if they want, since gener isn't the most important thing to biking ability). That would represent both.

But we've got the problem that Wario spawns a motorcycle, and how could they easily be implemented as characters - their up special would probably have to be a clone of BJ's to deal with that, and go from there. That's probably their maor hurdle is making an all bike moveset. Or, look at Cap - he's only been in a racking game, but there's no evidence of FALCOON PUNCH!!! anywhere else. Now SSB wouldn't be the same without it.
Want: 10%
Meh. There's nothing that really sticks out for these guys. I've got a racer, I've got a motorcycle side special, and I've got a permanently-on-vehicle fighter. They work best as a stage/assist. I'd be interested to see a Mach Rider assist, actually, since the little pixel bikers are not as awesome as a fully rendered 3D post-apocalyptic motorcyclist.
Toon Zelda: 17.5%

Nom stage pack DLC x5

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
Mach Rider

Chance: 10%
As dlc, he's very unlikely.

Want: 70%
I like the idea of another agressive character similar to Captain Falcon but with a gun and bike. He doesn't need to be on his bike at all times, since it could be one of his special moves and could alter his other moves. Like for example, let's say his normal b is a blaster and his down b is summoning his bike, and when you ride it you can also use your other specials like the blaster.

Nominations:
Tingle x5

NNID
Majorasmask66
Mach Rider

I feel like with Duck Hunt Dog out of the way, he is one of the next big retro characters. Takumaru is also out of the way so I think if Sakurai feels like adding another retro character, it will probably be Mach Rider.

Want: 75%

Nominations
Hades x5

Drason

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Coke
Mach Rider
Chance: 40% Considering Mach Rider basically created F-Zero, He's got a pretty high chance
Want:95%
I want this speed demon revived and brought to smash
Nominations:
TalimX3(SoulCalibur)
Nightmare(SoulCalibur)
Silver(Sonic series)

MatvaradoxD

Smash Cadet
Mach Rider
Chance: 30%
The ballot isn't helping him much even though I continue to vote for him but he was worked on at some point in Melee which means Sakurai probably found him interesting. He had a trophy in the same game a sticker in SSBB and even though he's not as important as they may have thought initially, he's still existing with some representation throughout these games. Not much but the Mach Bike was in MK7 so that makes me believe Nintendo is still somewhat aware of him. There was some support with earlier leaks mentioning him so there has to be a decent sized fan base. He's lost support and I've been slowly giving up on his inclusion in every game that comes out but I feel as if he's the closest to represent the retro reps next to Takamaru and Duck Hunt.

Want: 100%
I've been nominating him ever since I signed up here so of course he's my first choice to be included in Smash Bros. Mach Rider was one of the first few games I owned and loved playing the game over and over. I just thought he or she was cool lol. The only move set I could imagine on this character would be the one Angsty Guy drew it just looked awesome and perfect since I imagine Mach Rider to be developed with a mixture of projectiles and some kind of standard kicks & punches. I agree with some people on here that it would be cool to incorporate his bike in his moves but just like how a few also mentioned that Wario has a bike too so it would kind of put him in a tough position to figure out what could make the character unique. If he got in I know he'd be iconic almost as close as Captain Falcon. His amiibo would look amazing and bring back the Mach Bike as DLC for MK8 as well as his outfit but that's just me dreaming. I'm rooting for K. Rool, Takamaru, Isaac, Impa, Bandana Dee, Wolf, Ice Climbers, all a whole ton of first parties but I'll be happy if Mach Rider jumps in the battle. If not then i'll just keep voting for him on Smashified lol.
Here's to: Mach Rider Approaches the Sector! as his splash screen as his theme starts to play. Something along those lines.

Prediction:
Toon Zelda - Chance: 34%

Nominations:
Slippy Toad x5

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
I don't really care so I'm just going to predict and nominate

Toon Zelda Prediction: 23%

Nominations:
Jibanyan x2
Leon Powalski x2
Shy Guy x1

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Editing later. Again. Sorry.

Chance: 10%.
Want: 15%.

Toon Zelda prediction: 20%

Beast Ganon 5x

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Chance: 29%

If I remember correctly, Sakurai was kind of interested in seeing HER in Smash Bros. But she doesn't seem to be high on Ballot. Maybe Smash 5 she'll be the residental unlockable retro.

Want: 80% Pretty much the retro character I want to see most.

Prediction:

Toon Zelda: 20.11%

Nominate Mother 3 Stage x5

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Mach Rider
Chance: 18%
Mach Rider probably has the best chance at becoming a retro DLC representative, assuming those kind of characters are on the table. Sakurai has expressed interest, and Mach Rider isn't an NPC. I'm unsure if we will see a new retro rep, but at this point Mach Rider has an okay chance. I'll give the futuristic bike rider a chance of 18% likelihood.
I wonder if we'll actually see a new retro representative...

Want: 37%
I think it would be neat to see Captain Falcon have a rival in Smash 4. :chuckle:

Prediction - Toon Zelda: 23.5%

Nominations:
x5 Tails the Fox

Seanp12

Smash Journeyman
I've been gone for quite a while. When I got home from college, I finally was able to play Fire Emblem Awakening and have been doing so almost nonstop ever since. And I'll probably go right back to it shortly.

Chances: 20%

I don't know much about Mach Rider. I've heard of it, but I don't know much about it. From what I've read, it could be interesting, but it sounds as if it depends on whether Sakurai feels like it. I don't think it's necessarily likely, but it's not any more unlikely than any other character. If it does get it, it won't be because of the fan vote though. It relies on the unpredictable Sakurai.

Want: Abstain

Aside from the fact that I don't know anything about it, I haven't the foggiest of how it would actually work, since the only other vehicle pilots we have have their movesets mostly contrived.

Nominations: Any Star Fox character DLC released near Star Fox U's release date. x5

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Mach Rider's chances: 15%

I'm not super optimistic in the chances of a retro character, but if we were to get one, I think this would be the most likely option.

Want: 80%

Would be my preferred choice for a new retro character. I've always been fairly interested in the idea.

Toon Zelda prediction: 18.59%

I don't know.

Nominations: Karate Joe x5

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Mach Rider:

Unless the team decides to pick a retro character, I think this guy has little to no chance. But there's that possibility and I think he'd be among the top retro picks.

Want: 75%

I'm actually somewhat into seeing this character in Smash for some reason. More than Falcon bruh.

Nominations:
Concept Full Ken Alt x5

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Mach Rider:

Chance: 16%.
OH MY GOD A DOUBLE DIGIT RATING.
Mach Rider doesn't really have too much going for or against him. He's got decent potential and he's among the top retro characters if they decide they need to make one DLC.
If Sakurai is [biased] for him, well that's great, but in that case why isn't he already a character?

Want: 60%. He's cool, and I used to support, but now I would prefer Excitebike as our bike-riding character, as Excitebiker is considerably more prominent and would make sense for Smash Bros. However, if Mach Rider getting in leads to a rad revival game, I'm all for it.

------
Nominations:
Jill Valentine x2
Pirate Ship x3

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Mach Rider
Chance: 5% - He? She? They are not widely requested and making bike based move set would probably be difficult.
Want: 80% - I'd actually love to see a bike based character in SSB, seems like a lot of fun.

Toon Zelda prediction: 17%

Nominations: Jibanyan x5

DAY OVER
PLEASE WAIT WHILE I CALCULATE THE RESULTS

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
That guy people would put in fake leaks to make them seem legit:

Chance: 3%
I've always thought he was just too generic for a retro rep. We've gotten a robot and a guy with two dimensions, and an ordinary biker just doesn't compare. If we do get another retro rep, I would expect someone completely out of left field like President or a Virtual boy rep.

Want: 20%
I don't see the need for a fighter on a motorcycle. Plus I prefer Excitebiker.

Predicting TZ at 20%
Nominating 6+dlc characters x5

Edit: I'm sorry I keep posting my ratings late @ colder_than_ice colder_than_ice :facepalm:

Last edited:

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
MACH RIDER
CHANCE: 14.59%
WANT: 48.03%
Mach Rider was definitely more successful than most characters that we've rated recently. Next up we're rating Toon Zelda and predicting what score Anna (raised to the top by Sid-cada's vote) will get tomorrow.

@ Leafeon523 Leafeon523 I counted your vote.

Top Bottom