• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Spyro
Chance: 0.4%
Abstain from explanation. I'll give the small purple dragon a score of 0.4% likelihood.
Everything that I could say has already been said...

Want: 0.9%
I feel like there are a multitude of characters that should get in before him.

Prediction - DLC Music Packs: 41.5%

Nominations:
x10 Toon Zelda

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
So by "DLC Music Pack", the concept means the idea of extra music being released as standalone DLC, correct? Not any music that already plays on any stage DLC?

D

Deleted member

So by "DLC Music Pack", the concept means the idea of extra music being released as standalone DLC, correct? Not any music that already plays on any stage DLC?
I would assume this is correct, mainly because new songs will come with the addition of new stages.

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
Spyro
Chance- 1%
Good luck.
Want- 50%
I'm not really sure if he belongs in Smash… but I have fond memories of playing Spyro games that made it to Nintendo consoles as a kid. I actually had no idea that he is so strongly associated with the Playstation.

Predictions- 72%
Nominations:

Crono x5

Last edited:

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Spyro Chances: 0%
Spyro's still a thing?

Spyro Want: 0%
No attachment towards him. Don't want him.

DLC Music Packs: 91%

Nominations:
9-Volt x5

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
Spyro the Dragon

Chance: .001%
Everything that other people have been saying about him.

Want: 0%
If we are getting a purple dragon, I want it to be one that is owned by Nintendo and is a bigger deal than Spyro.

DLC Music Packs: 50%
I have no clue...

X5 Rhythm Heaven character

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
Chance: 0.1%
Nothing's impossible.
Why do you think I haven't put a blatant 0% as a Chance rating for Spyro? (I've put "Negligible", which is NOT 0, but rather a number between 0 and 2)? BECAUSE NOTHING'S IMPOSSIBLE!

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
Why do you think I haven't put a blatant 0% as a Chance rating for Spyro? (I've put "Negligible", which is NOT 0, but rather a number between 0 and 2)? BECAUSE NOTHING'S IMPOSSIBLE!
Easy, no need to go allcaps.

I don't like talking in absolutes, myself. The highest Chance rating I've given so far is 80%, and the lowest 1.5%. I don't see myself giving anything a 0 except for blatant joke suggestions. I've seen too many curveballs in the past couple years to assume anything is guaranteed or impossible.

It's also why I've given even the characters I feel would be redundant a Want rating of at least 5%. I don't want to rule out the rare chance of them surprising me and actually being pretty fun to play.

...Which is why is frustrates me to no end when I see people treat certain things as if they're automatically true, even if there's nothing proving them to be so.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
I have a question...
Why are we only rating one concept a day?
Because people say we will run out of characters and concepts quickly.
I personally think the game is extremely slow with just one per day.
@ colder_than_ice colder_than_ice

While a few people do like the idea of this, doing two a day would honestly cause more harm than good, I think. A large number of people here give very detailed, intricate write-ups and responses on each day. It'd be pretty demanding to double everyone's writing work everyday, and in the long run is going to make more give "rate it and done" or one-sentence responses. It's unfair to everyone who has spent all of the time nominating their characters and concepts to not have a day solely dedicated to it. I think we're a lot more focused doing one thing at a time unless the two things are closely related.

One exception is when we start to do rerates of characters, those should be double days. Other than that, the general rule by default should be one topic a day primarily. That's what I'd like to continue anyway.

Last edited:

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Spyro the Dragon
Chances - 0.25% a pretty generous score, only as high as it is because of the sheer combined popularity of his platformer days + Skylanders (and the unmonogamous success that series has had on Nintendo platforms, as well as being the original holy cash cow grandfather of toys-to-life).

Spyro in a lot of ways is a double historical rep. As "the other" late 90's mascot of Nintendo's "other" rival, Sony, he locked a spot in the gaming hall of fame. He eventually went multiplat, granting him technical eligibility for Smash. Spyro may have slowly faded from his gameplay origins after that, but he secured a permanent spot in gaming history by being a true mascot character in a popular genre, even if he never has another traditional game. But then, as I mentioned, Skylanders happened, and while Spyro is far from being the icon in it compared to his glory days, the name "Spyro" is very much part of what has become one of the biggest movements in not just gaming, but toys/collectibles. Spyro is important. He just isn't very requested or likely... unless Activision wants to make lots of moolah.

Want - 20% While Skylanders is something I will never touch, I need to go back and check out some classic Spyro one day. Probably the biggest series in gaming I haven't played that isn't an EA Sports franchise. I don't want or support Spyro, persay, but as I mentioned in my above post, I think he deserves it for various reasons.

predict - 21%
nominate - Black Mage x5

Edit: Oops, double post. I figured someone would have posted by now.

Last edited:

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Spyro:

Chance: 1%
I mean he's kinda still a little relevant sort of... Just not to Nintendo specifically... Heh.. Sorry, buddy.

Want: 80%
Spyro is one of few characters that triggers nostalgic feels of mine. Enter the Dragonfly was the first game I got with my Gamecube, and I had been playing PS1 Spyro long before that. He's a childhood favorite.

Prediction:
10% (If standalone music is the concept)
95% (If music included with new stages is the concept)
I felt like there was a bit of gray area there, although I may have not read thoroughly...

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I'll abstain for today.

I am familiar with Spyro, even though the only game I ever played was Enter the Dragon on the Gamecube.

RetroBro

Smash Ace

Chance: I would say 0%
Square Enix owns him, and they have much more iconic characters like Black/White Mage or Chocobo from FF (Final Fantasy), or the Slime from DQ (Dragon Quest). I wouldn't say he has a chance as either a 1st-party, 2nd-party or 3rd-party character.

Hyprocisy, thy name is Extremmefan.

Last edited:

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
Spyro
Chance: 5%

Yeah, I can already see legal issues going for this character. If Nintendo or Sakurai had really wanted him playable they would've gotten the rights to him years ago. They'd probably have to go to Activision, and we all know how Activision is with their charcters. They are just as bad as Square Enix when it comes to outsiders using their characters. Too much standing in his way. He's not bought up at all in the ballot if you want to talk about third party inclusion. Only by trolls on the Internet, YouTube, or Miiverse only request him and we know to never take those requests seriously. Skylanders are competing with the Amiibos. He's just barley relevant anymore in Skylanders. He may have some history with Nintendo but just like Crash it's so minor and it was multiconsole to begin with. Don't see any good reasons for him to be in Smash as DLC, besides having his popularity back. The best thing for Spyro now is to hope that Activision gives up the rights to both Crash and Spyro just send them back to their original home to Sony and hope that they'll be back in for gaming and PlayStation All-Stars. I mean really I don't even think Nintendo would get much out of this if they were to put Spyro in Smash, I mean really why would Nintendo care about him all of sudden, like I said what would they really get out of it?

Want: Abstain
He's wasn't much of a Nintendo All Star to begin with. He's a Sony All-Star. The best thing is to hope that those rumors are true about Sony wanting to buy back Crash and Spyro let them go to their original birth place and let them join PlayStation All-Stars. Because that's what they are, that's where they belong. It'd feel like they betrayed their own company if they were to join the Super Smash Bros roster. It just wouldn't feel right. Fans deep down would probably feel betrayed if they ever see Spyro their one of the favorite Sony mascots in a Nintendo celebration game and not a PlayStation celebration game.

DLC Music Predicition 50%:
Hey I'd be down for this. If we get downloadable music files for Street Fighter and Fire Emblem then it better happen for other franchises. This is again something that can get updated into another version for the game. Especially if this means we're getting new stages.

Nominations:
x5 DLC Stages

Last edited:

Laniv

Smash Lord
Spyro the Dragon:

Chance: 2%
Ehhhh, not really feeling it.

Want: Abstain
I've never played his games.

Prediction for DLC Music 50% Chance, 100% Want

Nominate King Boo x 5

D

Deleted member

They'd probably have to go to both Sony and Activision, and we all know how Activision is with their charcters.
Why would Nintendo have to go to Sony? That doesn't make sense. Sony hasn't been involved with Spyro in years and they never even owned the IP in the first place (a subject for a future post).

Last edited by a moderator:

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
Why would Nintendo have to go to Sony? That doesn't make sense. Sony hasn't been involved with Spyro in years and they never even owned the IP in the first place (a subject for a future post).
I meant to just say Activison, I went back and edited it. Im writing this on my iPad because my laptop crashed and doesn't have good wifi right now and for some reason Sony popped up in the word bank thing.

Last edited:

RaenUE

Smash Cadet
NNID
RaenUE
3DS FC
0705-3752-9517
Spryo:
Chances: 0%
Spryo's target audience does not align with Smash's, and mostly contains children not yet at an age where I'd be expecting them to be accessing the internet and submitting a ballot. Since that would leave a handful of people left to appear as a voice on the ballot, I highly doubt that since Spryo wasn't a super revolutionary third party, Sakurai and Co. would have nearly no reason to make Spryo DLC. If we got 1000 DLC characters, then yeah, he'd probably get in, but I highly doubt it.
+1% for "Not impossible", -1% for "Might as well be zero"

No attachment to the character whatsoever. This was what I meant when I said "There Are Worse" in my Ninten want.

Music Prediction: 21%

Nomination:
*Concept: (Shin) Megami Tensei Character (includes Persona & Devil Survivor) x5

oh man I should probably start to write that there's so much I want to say

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Spyro

Chances: 0.6%

Not an ideal candidate. He has a lot of potential and I really loved his games when I was a kid. He could probably use his fire, headbutt, and maybe even summon some of his friends. That would be awesome.

Want: 50%

Have to be generous here. He would be a unique fighter but his chances are very slim.

Nominations: KOS-MOS X5.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
On the topic of double ratings, I'm willing to consider it if there's lots of demand. My biggest problem with double ratings though is that I'm worried it will cut the lifespan of this game, we're 41 days into this and we're already starting to rate characters that most people consider very unlikely. I'm also worried about the work load of course. I will still probably do double ratings on special occasions such as when we're re-rating characters. I'm still open to hearing more of what you guys think though.

Spyro
Chance: 0% - Rounded down. I'd probably be willing to give him a higher score if he still starred in his own series.
Want: 70% - The only Spyro game I've ever played was Season of Fire on the GBA, but I enjoyed it.

DLC Music Pack prediction: 12%

Nominations: Jibanyan x5

DAY OVER
PLEASE WAIT WHILE I CALCULATE THE RESULTS

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
On the topic of double ratings, I'm willing to consider it if there's lots of demand. My biggest problem with double ratings though is that I'm worried it will cut the lifespan of this game, we're 41 days into this and we're already starting to rate characters that most people consider very unlikely. I'm also worried about the work load of course. I will still probably do double ratings on special occasions such as when we're re-rating characters. I'm still open to hearing more of what you guys think though.

Spyro
Chance: 0% - Rounded down. I'd probably be willing to give him a higher score if he still starred in his own series.
Want: 70% - The only Spyro game I've ever played was Season of Fire on the GBA, but I enjoyed it.

DLC Music Pack prediction: 12%

Nominations: Jibanyan x5

DAY OVER
PLEASE WAIT WHILE I CALCULATE THE RESULTS
To promote longevity and to make it easier perhaps double ratings could be done once or twice a week? or additionally as you stated with special circumstances such as Squirtle and Ivysaur...as opposed to doing it everyday...

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
SPYRO
CHANCE: 2.72%
WANT: 18.97%
Spyro finished dead last in both ratings. I'm actually surprised his "want" rating is so low, I'm guessing it's because so many people abstained from giving one. Next up we're rating the concept of a DLC Music pack. Note that we're focusing on DLC that's primarily about music and not something that just comes with new stages and characters. Also please predict what score KOS-MOS will receive tomorrow.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Music specific packs:
Chance and Want: Abstain

I honestly can't give any sort of rating to this, considering I have no idea about the probability of custom stages/music and don't feel like posting a blanket 50% rating. In terms of want, it all depends on pricing. If it's free, then 100% all the way. If they expect me to pay for it, then 0% to the idea.

Predicting KOS-MOS at 2.32%
Nominating 6+ dlc characters x4
Dark Lord Owain x1

D

Deleted member

DLC Music Packs

Chance: 50%

There's no evidence for or against their inclusion, so it could go either way.

Want: 90%

I could list every song that I wish were included, but I'll pick a select few for the sake of keeping this post short.
  • Missing tracks from previous Smash Bros. games.
  • Music from Mega Man X/Zero/Legends/ZX/Battle Network/Star Force.
  • His World with vocals from Sonic '06.
  • New Sonic remixes. I've heard Brawl's Angel Island and Generations' Rooftop Run countless times already.
  • Unfinished Battle from Xenoblade.
As long as these packs are reasonably priced, I'll consider buying them.

Prediction: KOS-MOS - 1.5%

Even with Bandai Namco's involvement with Smash 4, Shulk's spiritual predecessor doesn't have much of a chance at all.

Nomination: Zael x5

I meant to just say Activison, I went back and edited it. Im writing this on my iPad because my laptop crashed and doesn't have good wifi right now and for some reason Sony popped up in the word bank thing.
I see. Sorry about that.

Last edited by a moderator:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
DLC music pack? Does that mean just a pack that only adds music?

Chance 0%
Has this EVER been done before, what kind of company would rip off people by selling music? Unless its free it which case it becomes more of an update than a music pack. I can see being added alongside a stage, that's a given. But music on its own?
Want: 20%
I want new music, but not on its own, especially if they charge for it. And if they don't charge for it then it becomes less a pack and more an update.

nominate R.O.B. eye bug fix x5

prediction: KOS-MOS 3.2%

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
DLC Music Pack Chance:
5%
I see music being bundled with characters and stages and not just music alone. Not really likely to happen at all.

DLC Music Pack Want:
1% I don't want it separate at all unless it's 20 track collection.

KOS-MOS Prediction:
6.787% Don't really know who she is, but I hear about the character from time to time, barely anyone is going to mention 2nd character thing when it comes to her.

Nominations:
x5 Jibanyan

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪

DLC Music Pack

Chance: 65%
(still not a link) Where to start, music is a pretty big part of smash. It already has hundreds of tracks available and more often than not franchises are represented solely through music...Even Tetris has music in game. It is pretty likely that we will get music with the addition of new stages and playable fighters from new franchises (such as Street Fighter for example), but whether or not we will solely get music bundles is another question...I personally feel like chances are more likely than not, especially since it is rather easy to put a lot of music into the game if it ripped straight from other games with a few Smash original remixes here and there. And if music comes with stages and characters it may be likely that we may get the choice to download the music separately.

It is pretty tough to say overall that it will happen because we still only got a taste of what's in store for DLC, with just Mewtwo and a few Mii costumes...and Lucas on the way...We will see what we get at E3 as I feel like there will be a ton of DLC announced/released in addition to how ever many playable characters we may get...

----

Want: 100%
Of course I do! One of the key factors in whether or not I like video games, movies, etc in general is the soundtrack that goes with it...it just adds to the overall mood and feel, and years later fuels nostalgia! I would definitely spend ridiculous amounts of money (I don't have) on just music itself through DLC simply because there is so much awesome music, especially for Nintendo games specifically.

Yesterday I said I'd upload a bunch of :link:s for various soundtracks that I'd like to Smash to in game...

So here ya go...pick your poison:mad088:
ignore if the soundtrack is already in game as Smash already has a sh*tton of music...or you could still listen to it anyways up to you...

Pokemon
Kalos Power Plant
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_csfdsyYX4

Mortality Duo (and Zygarde)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWRTxXvuI3s

Elite Four X and Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlWrzuZoL5Q

Steven
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDFWznA_L2k

Zinnia
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIn8_Q27WFY

Deoxys
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8LZruXvong

Weather Trio
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jXNiy68kIM

seriously, x and y and ORAS has so much awesome music! I could pick 100 other tracks from the other pokemon games as well...but I'll just give you this one...

Rocket Hideout
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kiKM2f2j_o

----

Metroid
Phendrana Drifts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbbUv1hz6mE

Sanctuary Fortress
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6OTbdgt_Ms

Skytown
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7P7jdnU06ew

Rundas
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nMFLquJeCc

Gandrayda
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SySV9xBU6M

and of course Dark Samus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEVQ6JxQFr4

Super Metroid Locations Medley Track (make it happen Sakurai!!!)
Crateria
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hx4Gsp5rcwM

Maridia
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvAu58MtF5Y

Lower Norfair
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgHkrY6v-Ko

Brinstar
Upper
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbcZmaus6g0
and
Lower
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zj5DWB5a2n8
seriously a Super Metroid Medley for Smash would be frikkin Amazing!!

----

Zelda
Koloktos/Moldarach theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzL4IA16k78

Gerudo Desert (TP version)(I actually like this one better than OoT's version tbh)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ss-T5BqY2M

Clock Town Day 1,2,3 and Final hours (I want a Clock Town stage so bad you don't even know, with different things happening as time passes until reset back to day 1)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0kXVfqPrLs

Deku Palace (of course:D)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnAavurqe-M

Ocarina of Time Temple Medley
Forest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmsZyC0UXUU

everyone's favourite :troll:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qAvtuEtfQU

Fire
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZSi6FdBnlQ

Shadow
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8H5DFyv4s4

Spirit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEWOeiUmFgA

Ganondorf's Battle Theme (TP)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr-I76OxsVg

Lorule Castle (fun fact it's Hyrule Castle's theme backwards)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g75HDyL2BGc
ok I think I'm done...many other games have great music as well...but I'll leave everyone else to their own accords...

----

Prediction: 5.2%
KOS-MOS
er....sure...

----

Nomintaions:
Dark Samus x5
Yeeah that's right!

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Music Packs

Chance: 25%
Just music, nothing else? It's a possibility, but I don't think this would sell too well. I'd really like to see the statistics for what they've got so far, or maybe after E3...Mewtwo did reasonably well, I'd wager, but I don't know how well the Mii costumes did. There doesn't seem to be as much draw in putting a monkey suit on a Mii as opposed to bringing in a new character. Similarly, just buying some music doesn't seem to be a huge draw in the first place - a lot of people may play without music in the first place.
Also, how would it be implemented? Would you get a new song to show up in 'My Music' on every stage? That would get cluttered if you downloaded more than three. Or would it only exist on certain stages? Seems unlikely since you may prefer it on a different stage. I'm annoyed enough that some songs would do better on onther stages: I would love to switch the Lorule Theme and the Ocarina of Time Medley - the mood of Eldin Bridge fits the darker Lorule theme much better, and most of the OoT medley is bright...like Skyworld. Now if they added a feature to move songs to whatever stages you want... that's a different issue.
However....
Want: 75%
Nintendo makes some amazing music. It was a little disappointing and relieving to see the soundtrack here - relieving since most of the Brawl remixes returned, disappointing since there were so few new ones. When they made those remixes from Brawl, that was an eargasm in itself. I'd love to see more inbound.​

KOS-MOS: 4.89%

Noms: Stage packs x5

And as a side note, I think it's fine with one-per-day. We are rating a lot of low things character-wise, butI do like when we manage to hit concept days. I vote keeping it one-a-day unless there's a good reason not to - like Squirtle and Ivysaur were great together.

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
@ Leafeon523 Leafeon523 gets the extra nominations for Spyro's day.

And I personally think we should stay at one rating per day for now unless there's a rerate or someone like Squirtle and Ivysaur who make a lot of sense being rated together.

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
DLC music pack

Do you know how many music tracks I want in this game!?
Well here's a sample,

Predictions: KOS-MOS 2%

Nominations: BB bandit trio X5.

Last edited:

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
Crumbumbs! I forgot to rate yesterday... Oh well!

CONCEPT OF DLC MUSIC PACK
Want: 50%

KOS-MOS
Prediction: 2%

NOMINATION
Elma x5

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Roy C 85% W 30% (opinion has now changed to 0% want and now up to 10%)
Ridley C 5% W 70%
Chorus Kiddos C 17% W 10%
Magolor C 23% W 100%
Midna and inferior Star Wolf C 0% W 0%
Ray C 10% W 20%
Tetra C 15% W 40%
Pichu C 45% W 90%
Ryu C 75% W 5%
Daisy C 15% W2%
Ninten C 10% W 30%
Geno C 0.1% W 7%
Squirtle C 50% W 40%
Ivysaur C 40% W 70%
Prof. Clefairy Layton C 3% W 0%
Spy and Pyro : C W
Dlccostumes C 75% W 90%

~♪Music Packs♪~
Chance: I'm assuming this is Music alone correct? If so, 70% chance, New songs have been added to the game but not in the form of dlc yet.
. I don't see why I wouldn't want more songs from this already fantastic OST. Would gladly pay 5$ for about 20/25 songs.
Nominations: Dark Matter (kirby)
Predictions: Kos-Mos 3% I have no clue who this is, so I'd imagine they can't be that big of a name.

Also, if you ever need any help with any workload related issues, I'd be glad to help to you.;)

Last edited:

cj.

Smash Journeyman
DLC music pack

Chance 50%

Who Music?

Prediction
KOS-MOS 4%

Nomination
Bub/Bob X5

Last edited:

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Music DLC:

Chance: N/A

I have no idea what the chances are so I'll just leave it blank.

There's a ton of great songs out there that I'd gladly buy if they become available.

Examples include: Most Zelda songs, Sonic Adventure, the Metroid Prime Trilogy and anything from Star Fox: Assault.

ignore if the soundtrack is already in game as Smash already has a sh*tton of music...or you could still listen to it anyways up to you...

Metroid
Phendrana Drifts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbbUv1hz6mE

Sanctuary Fortress
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6OTbdgt_Ms

Skytown
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7P7jdnU06ew

Rundas
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nMFLquJeCc

Gandrayda
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SySV9xBU6M

and of course Dark Samus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEVQ6JxQFr4

Super Metroid Locations Medley Track (make it happen Sakurai!!!)
Crateria
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hx4Gsp5rcwM

Maridia
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvAu58MtF5Y

Lower Norfair
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgHkrY6v-Ko

Brinstar
Upper
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbcZmaus6g0
and
Lower
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zj5DWB5a2n8
seriously a Super Metroid Medley for Smash would be frikkin Amazing!!

Zelda

Ocarina of Time Temple Medley
Forest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmsZyC0UXUU

I actually liked it despite the difficulty.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qAvtuEtfQU

Fire
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZSi6FdBnlQ

Shadow
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8H5DFyv4s4

Spirit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEWOeiUmFgA
We like the same Metroid music, especially from the Prime games.

Also Ocarina of Time temple music is amazing stuff.

Especially the original Fire Temple music.

Last edited:

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
I'd also prefer if we stay with one topic on most days. As one of the people doing long and drawn-out analyses, the idea of having to do two completely different ones every night would...well, it'd get stressful, fast. I can't be the only one who sees it that way, and as it's been mentioned, it'd probably lead to a lot of quick ratings without the discussion behind them that we've had so far. I'd be up for doubles when the occasion calls for it, but I think we're doing pretty well as it stands.

With that in mind, cue the epic music!

--

Concept: DLC Music Packs

Chance: 37.5%
Another case we can only speculate on.
Nintendo has a long history with music, as well as some legendary soundtracks so incredible to listen to that I wasn't even trying to make a pun. There's so much untapped potential that it certainly seems plausible for them to package more together in an optional DLC pack or even a free update.

But would they, though? That's a question I can't answer so easily. Since we basically have no precedent, all we can really do is guess. We know DLC of characters and Mii costumes are a thing, we have reason to believe stages are in the works, and alternate costumes for characters seem more likely than not. On one hand, music packs could be among the easiest and least time-consuming to create--all they'd need is the licensing and the OK from the source companies. On the other...perhaps music would be too low of priority for them to bother with.

This one could really go either way. Maybe it's my cynical side that has me doubting. Time will tell, I suppose.

...But I'd be all for it if it happened. As a gamer and a musician.

KOS-MOS Prediction: 0.85%
A lower-tier third party character far enough off the radar to where we've already had people ask who she is? Well...at least Spyro won't be the lowest any more, right?

Nominations:
Concept: Alpha-Form Stages x5

Last edited:

JBRPG

Smash Journeyman
DLC Music Pack:

Chance: 70%

Want: 60%

KosMos Prediction: 4%

Nomination: Bayonetta x 5

Top Bottom