• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
Isn't that a good thing though, the fact that we lack those kinds of characters that makes him more stand-out really, and he does have a large audience with the female demographic here (Something that rarely happens with Nintendo IPs) that makes him a great selling point for DLC.

It is starting to become one with Level-5's biggest franchise money maker in Japan right now though, Yo-kai Watch. They have been very close to Nintendo for a number of years now, with Nintendo publishing their games outside of Japan, with that kind of relationship, Nintendo is likely going to recommend a Level-5 character to Sakurai, because it can sell by large margin with the newer audiences recognizing these characters too.

I highly recommend reading back to @Curious Villager @captain Hotcake and mines to explain the moveset potential he has, I have a feeling you have not read them at all and just skimming it quickly.

Again in the previous post.

Again I'm not telling to put them at a high chance rating, just give them a fair rating and not give 0.01% because non-iconic. Their chance are not on the equality of Banjo-Kazooie and Ridley right now.
What I can't give characters a low score. I'm rating them the best way I can here. I've went in a bit more detail on this character, I and plenty of others has given low scores to most third parties, we just don't think they have that much a chance. If anything it's just wishful thinking for most of them. Going off on what we know so far. I just don't see him being that likely. There nothing wrong with that. I and plenty of other people have been wrong on other charcters before Smash 4 even came out for speculation, who's to say it won't happen again for DLC? I'm just saying we can't expect every character out there to be playable. There are times when certain charcters need to have their own chance to shine, especially first party charcters that has little to no representation in Smash yet. We need those first before another third party. Like I said I like the third party roster right now. Even though there's some more I'd like to see make it in as DLC even the ones I want I'm giving a low chance score to.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
What I can't give characters a low score. I'm rating them the best way I can here. I've went in a bit more detail on this character, I and plenty of others has given low scores to most third parties, we just don't think they have that much a chance. If anything it's just wishful thinking for most of them. Going off on what we know so far. I just don't see him being that likely. There nothing wrong with that. I and plenty of other people have been wrong on other charcters before Smash 4 even came out for speculation, who's to say it won't happen again for DLC? I'm just saying we can't expect every character out there to be playable. There are times when certain charcters need to have their own chance to shine, especially first party charcters that has little to no representation in Smash yet. We need those first before another third party. Like I said I like the third party roster right now. Even though there's some more I'd like to see make it in as DLC even the ones I want I'm giving a low chance score to.
I think Blue was referring more to peeps who go...
----
Chance: 0.05%

Want:0%

Nominations: Master Cheif x7 roflluls...
----
then say nothing...

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
I think Blue was referring more to peeps who go...
----
Chance: 0.05%

Want:0%

Nominations: Master Cheif x7 roflluls...
----
then say nothing...
Still, we can give low chance scores. I kinda have to agree with him, the decimal thing is ridiculous. I never understood why people do that it makes no sense. Give the chance rating a whole number rating don't round it off. If there at 30% give them a 30% not a 30.50%. For the whole 0% want thing at least put abstain or just don't rate the character at all.

Last edited:

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Sorry I'm late guys

Professor Layton
Chance: 5%
Want: 100%

Nominations: DLC Music Pack x5

DAY OVER
PLEASE WAIT WHILE I CALCULATE THE RESULTS

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
PROFESSOR LAYTON
CHANCE: 16.82%
WANT: 48.39%
Another puzzle solved! Next up we're rating the concept of DLC characters custom moves. Also please predict what score Spyro will get tomorrow.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
DLC custom moves:

Chance: 85%
I heard that Lucas and Mewtwo Amiibo are coming at some point. It wouldn't be right creating an Amiibo without custom moves available. It might take a while, but I think we will see them.

Want: 0%
Because I like having my paid for characters in compete, and can't wait to pay money for incomplete Lucas as well... just kidding, just kidding.
100%
It would take a pretty compelling argument to convince me why this wouldn't deserve an 100% in want.

Spyro: 2.7%
Nominating 6+ dlc characters x5

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
DLC custom moves:

Chance: 75%
I'm sure Nintendo is already aware of how many fans are upset because of the absence of custom moves in Mewtwo.

It just doesn't feel right to have a character with one set of specials when everyone else has three to choose.

Nominations:
Monita x5

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Custom Moves

Chance: 33%
I dunno if this is their priority, but I know there's been a lot of outcry for this.
Want: 33%
Depends. Normally I wouldn't care one way or the other since I don't use the customs, but I'd hate for them to give us fewer DLC characters because they're using the time to make custom specials...
Spyro: 3.9%

Noms:
Stage packs x5​

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
DLC Mewtwo Custom Moves

DLC Characters get Custom Moves

Chance: 50%
I feel like it is literally a coin toss...On one hand we have the possibility that Mewtwo's customs are not quite ready yet and may be patched into the game later or given to us via a mass Custom Moves bundle at some point later on...on the other hand perhaps Sakurai wasn't intending on giving DLC characters custom moves to begin with...We still only have one DLC character available and until E3 passes we can't really say for sure what the likelihood for this is...

----

Want: 10%
I mean they are kinda cool I guess, but I was pretty disappointed with how they were handled for some characters. I mean I was hoping for actual differing moves for Characters such as Link that could literally have 100 different Specials but yet we get different variations on his current moveset *snore*...Then Sakubias gives us Palutena with all sorts of neat Alternations with her customs basically showing us how awesome his new toys are...
Unless DLC gives us some actual decent customs for 'ALL' characters I'm not really going to care too much about them...

----

Prediction:
A Purple fire breathing dragon!!!! yay...

oh wait not that one...

Spyro-4.5%

----

Nominations:
Dark Samus x5
Samus doesn't catch a break does she? I mean she runs into so many enemies that just don't like to stay dead don't they?...seriously look at all these guys!!!

(almost)
(edit: forgot this guy)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

DLC Custom Moves

Chance: 20%

Mewtwo not having any might be a sign towards their exclusion. If Sakurai and Nintendo ever hear the fan outcry, then maybe it would happen.

Imagine Ryu with Ken's flaming Shoryuken.

Prediction: Spyro

average rating from the old thread (0.43%) + possible optimism from @ A10theHero A10theHero = 0.6%

Groose said:
1) He's been marginalized in his own series.
2) He's never been very popular at all in Japan.
3) There doesn't seem to be any link to get him in, which is a problem for third-parties.
4) Pac-Man and Snake monopolize most of the third-party consideration, and other characters can make stronger cases.
Not much has changed since. Points 1, 2, 3, and to a smaller extent, 4 still apply to him.

Nomination: Zael x5

Last edited by a moderator:

JBRPG

Smash Journeyman
DLC custom moves:

Chance: 60%
Want: 70%

Spyro Prediction: 3%

Nomination: Bayonetta x 5

Troykv

Smash Master
Eh? Maybe I justo a little lost... But I don't ser how Spyro get more votes than Kos-mos (only the +5)... But Looks like she only need get like 8 nominations to puts above again... I"m almost sure that something was left...

Last edited:

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
DLC Custom Moves -
20%

As exhibited by this thread, there are a few fans who really love custom moves, but the vast vocal majority of people I have seen everywhere - here, articles about Mewtwo's lack of them, Faqs, other Nintendo forums, Miiverse, all of the 150 or so Smash players I know IRL, be them casual or competitive - are neutral or disinterested at best. It seems really time consuming to work on a full set of customs for a fanbase who, as a general rule, doesn't use them frequently. They might pick up use due to the tournament scene experimenting with them, but there's no guarantee they'll stick in popularity.

Want - 10%
I care for the fans who want them/like them, and support you 100%. But my want priority is in vanilla characters, stages, alt costumes, modes, trophies, music, items, and then custom moves. I wouldn't want work on custom moves to take away from the amount of DLC content we get otherwise.

predict Spyro 1%

nominate Tails x5

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
How can you tell a topic is tough to discuss? When I don't even have an opening joke for it!

--

Concept: DLC Characters Receive Custom Moves

Chance: 35%
Hoo boy. Okay, the main reason this is a difficult one to judge is how limited our information is right now. We know that Mewtwo didn't come with customs, and what code was found in the space normally reserved for customs was basically a bunch of junk data that got patched out when the Mewtwo glitch that blocked off online play was patched. That's literally all we know, and we can only guess what any future plans for customs are.

On one hand, there's an argument for the chance being there. There was at least some data where Mewtwo's customs would go, possibly hinting toward them having worked on something that was postponed. There's also the fact that DLC characters not having customs would give them a disadvantage against the initial roster, hurting them in casual play likely ruining any chance for customs being used competitively. Odds are, they had to weigh that when considering what to do, and it might've led them to decide to finish Mewtwo's customs later and eventually add them in a free update.

On the other, though, there're also a few things complicating this. The junk data in the spots for Mewtwo's customs didn't function correctly and didn't even resemble custom moves at all. For all we know, they could've been leftover data used when writing base!Mewtwo's code. And considering the dev team for the DLC is smaller than it was for the base game, they just might not have enough people available who aren't busy on something they deem more important.

This really is one that could go either way...but right now, it feels like the odds favor it not happening.

Want: 80%
The whole idea of having alternate special moves is still really interesting, and even though I'm more on the fence now about their viability in tournaments, I still like them being there. Even if I'm more hesitant than before due to how few were altered in the last balance patch, from a speculator's standpoint I'd want to see what new tricks Mewtwo and any who follow him would have available to them.

And to be honest, I'm actually a bigger fan of Mega Man-style customs than Palutena-style ones. Twelve different B moves on every character would get pretty crazy, but I'd still prefer it if the customs for most characters were as varied in use and inspired in appearance as Mega Man's despite being variants, instead of feeling more like an afterthought.

Spyro Prediction: 1.33%
Apologies in advance, @ A10theHero A10theHero . Your character's probably about to get the lowest Chance score we've seen yet.

Nominations:

Concept: DLC Music Pack x4
Concept: Alpha-Form Stages x1

Last edited:

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
DLC Characters Receive Custom moves:

Chance: 40%
- I feel like they were considered at one point, considering the left over data found in Mewtwo showing that he could have customs, but were then thrown away due to them probably not wanting to make Mewtwo balanced in the custom field, at least not yet. If Lucas comes without any and Mewtwo doesn't get his by then, I say its best to think it won't happen.

- Of course. Lets make these characters fully complete and not completely give up on the concept of custom moves Sakurai. Stop buying into the Melee community, they were a brilliant idea. The only thing that'd make it better is if everyone had customs like the Miis and Palutena

Predictions:
Spyro: 4.5%

Nominations:
Crash Bandicoot x5

Last edited:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Custom moves for all DLC characters chances: 85%
Something I feared about DLC characters in Smash Bros. was the fact they could possibly not get as much as characters from the base game when it came to contents, like: no fighter trophy, the inability to use them in Classic/All-Star mode, no amiibo for them, or no custom moves for example... and unfortunately I was right on the later. That said, I never accepted to believe it was a fate set in stone, and I think Mewtwo's custom moves have a very strong chance to eventually release.

Custom moves are, admittedly, not necessary to have a (mostly) functional fighter, which means they were most likely put low priority when Sakurai's team was developing Mewtwo. That said, I refuse at this point to believe they were just deemed as disposable enough to simply ignore. You may think "They're not necessary" if you don't like them, but they're still a fully legitimate part of each character's identity and a standard set for every fully fledged character unless Mewtwo was somehow specifically designed with no possibility to customize the moveset in mind. Custom moves are an heavily prominent game mode in the new iterations on Smash Bros., promoted in the April Direct, getting its page on the official Smash Bros. website, and featured in the game's tips, and most importantly: they're an important gameplay feature that helps making SSB4 more different from its predecessors and allow to change how you're using a character. Here's the key part: gameplay feature!! Without custom moves, DLC characters get less gameplay features than the standard set by the base game; it's absolutely not comparable with Palutena's Guidance which is a stage specific easter egg with no direct influence on the gameplay. Without them, there's much less incentive to use them with custom on which means: DLC characters are less usable in an entire game mode than the rest of the cast!

Even though I guess custom moves as a whole may be a bit gimmicky in how they work, that doesn't mean they're just an "unnecessary gimmick", they're still a fully legitimate gameplay feature and just saying "they're just a disposable gimmick" doesn't work for me. Otherwise you could just remove modes like Special Smash, Trophy Rush, Events, Challenges, Smash Run or Smash Tour just because they're "gimmicky", right? Okay I admit the later is useless ahah. This feature is noticeably even mentioned in the back of the box of both versions!

You may not like them which is fine, maybe you don't like them because of the wasted potential for more references to the source material, maybe you don't like how tedious it is to unlock them, and I won't disagree with those criticisms, but a lot of people enjoy custom moves for what they are. Three different variations for each special move is the standard set by the base game, they're part of the identity of each fighter, and without them Mewtwo is downright incomplete and bellow this standard. As such I'm confident they'll eventually happen in a future update, and I think it's very likely they were put as a low priority thing set to be released in the next update; programming and debugging may have delayed them, thus preventing them to be released alongside Mewtwo, which I think is more likely than they just ditched them. Plus I doubt Nintendo is just going to ignore the disappointment coming from the fans, and I'm fully confident they'll at the very least acknowledge this concern at some point in the future.

I have enough faith in Sakurai and his team to consider custom moves as a fully legitimate gameplay feature which deserves to be given to everyone and not as something disposable they can't even take themselves seriously, and that's the reason why I give such a high chances score. I just can't imagine Mewtwo and future DLC characters never getting them; it would be making DLC characters incomplete by being less usable in a prominent game mode just to save time and money, which I think would be a bad business practice. The worst thing coming from this is the fact it would come from the same person who cut the Ice Climbers on the Wii U version because they couldn't work on the 3DS version, due to Sakurai's philosophy about all characters getting the same treatment of being on both versions to benefit from all the things they have to offer like the different stages, different game modes, and custom fighter transfer from one version to another. If no DLC characters get custom moves then it would mean that Sakurai is an hypocrite for me.

Well, I think we'll most likely know in the next update. If Mewtwo still doesn't get his custom moves, then I'll admit I was in denial hoping they would eventually be released. But until that don't expect me to lay down my arms anytime soon.

Custom moves for all DLC characters want:
Despite what I said on the first paragraph of my chances rating I was still 99% confident custom moves for DLC characters were going to be a thing, and I loved all the speculation about them, like how they could work, if they could represent actual Pokémon moves, how to unlock them (unlocked at the start, or randomly like most other fighters?); I only jokingly said once "Plot twist: Mewtwo has no custom moves :troll:" once prior to Mewtwo's release... and I was right :sick:

I was so overjoyed when I played Mewtwo for the first time on the 3DS version! I played some battles with him, completed classic mode, used his awesome Final Smash, it felt so amazing! After that I wanted to see what Mewtwo had as custom moves, I was really curious to see them, maybe they're unlocked by default since he's a DLC character! Oh, no custom moves? No problem, I just have to unlock them first like other characters it seems. As such I immediately played Smash Run with Mewtwo, with the excitement of unlocking his custom moves! I was surprised when I didn't unlock any in my first run with him, so I did a second one, and then I started to imagine the worst, thinking "Wait, please don't tell me..." then I did a third one and when saw the rewards I was like this: :c I finally saw on Smashboards a confirmation of no custom moves for Mewtwo and this happened in my mind:

Ever since I've learned about this I've made a personal commitment to this cause, like changing my avatar and signature, posting about how I was upset about this, suggesting people to send emails to Nintendo, and nominating this concept on this thread. I love using custom moves, even though I admit they're not flawlessly handled (I wish they could be chosen from the CSS so they could be more practical to use consistently), but I find it awesome to have the possibility to change how each character's special moves work and I enjoy them for what they are. Mewtwo not having custom moves just makes me unable to fully enjoy him in an entire game mode and if they're simply cut for all DLC characters just to save time and money then I call this an horrible business practice and bad handling of Smash DLC. Heck I'd rather have four fighters with all their custom moves rather than six fighter with no customs! Especially if it means we're not getting characters I don't want like Daisy :troll:

Mewtwo's lack of custom moves really deflated my hype towards DLC characters in general, and I'm not even sure if I'm going to buy more characters if I won't be able to fully enjoy them in all game modes. The only character I would be getting no matter what would be Tetrimino, because it would be downright amazing, with or without custom moves :grin:

With this wall of text I written I guess you may understand why I absolutely wanted to be there for this day. This is without a doubt my longest post for any rating, something I want much more than any character or additional game mode, and I wanted to share all my thoughts about the situation. Oh, and if you care about them like I do, don't forget to send an email to Nintendo to show your interest towards DLC characters getting custom moves! Nintendo must be as aware as possible about this!
DLC characters not having their own Palutena's Guidance and being put at the wrong place on the CSS is rather sad, but at least those are only aesthetic or at least non-gameplay features and don't leave me anywhere near as upset as the lack of custom special moves.

Finally I guess you've understood that my want score for this is an absolute 100%!!
Again, I want to thank everyone who helped me nominating this concept during Squirtle's and Ivysaur's day to let it happen today!

Spyro prediction: 0.45%
This one has so much going against him... maybe our first <1% chances character?

Nominating:
Concept: Battlefield form stages x1
Playable newcomer: Tetrimino x4

Last edited:

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
Chance:
DLC Custom Moves 45%
I see it going either way really (with some added skepticism). We saw evidence of Mewtwo having (incomplete) customs moves. And now we don't. It's possible that they're either going to release the completed custom moves later or just leave the DLC characters with standard moves.

Want: 99%

Prediction:
Spyro the Dragon (I've been waiting 40 day for this moment to come! :D): 6.7%

Nomination:
Crash Bandicoot [x5]

As the unofficial official Smashboards resident expert on Spyro, I do wish to say some things about this purple dragon.
First off, I'm not gonna criticize or condemn anyone for giving him a low rating. Him being third-party and unpopular on the ballot is more than enough to keep him away from Smash. However, other points that people usually bring up against him are very much debatable. For that reason, I wish for you to consider the following information:

I hear this said a lot. Usually by people who haven't played the games, unfortunately. Admittedly, there is no "main character" in the series per se since you have the freedom to choose who you play (though each game's gimmick gets extra attention in the commercials and such). A member of Toys for Bob even said that they wanted Skylanders to be equally represented in the series. HOWEVER, Spyro the Dragon is still the most prominent character. If Nintendo wanted to represent the Skylanders in their game (which actually doesn't sound too far-fetched, but that's for another conversation some other time), Spyro would be the best choice.
He is still the most notable character. These distinctions continue past the first game (though there were some especially notable facts from that game). Here is a list:

1: He is the leader of the modern Skylanders.
2: He has the most playable NFC figurines out of all the Skylanders (Series 1, Dark, Legendary, Series 2, Series 3, Series 3 Dark, Mini, Elite).
3: In the games, there are collectible hats which you can equip to your Skylanders. One of them (the Trucker Hat) has Spyro on it.
4: One of the Skylanders, Trigger Happy, uses gold coins as bullets and his Series 1 artwork had Spyro's face on the coins.
5: There is a form of currency (an inner tube) you can pick up that resembles Spyro.
6: In the 3DS version of Swap Force, there is a statue of Master Eon with Spyro next to him.
7: In that same game, there is a cutout of him in the Museum.
8: Spyro is the most recurring Skylander in the novels.
9: He is the only character to have been specifically mentioned in the title of a Skylanders game. His name appears in Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure and Skylanders: Spyro's Universe.
Red: A distinction that is recurring and not limited to a single game.
Purple: A distinction from the first game Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure.
Orange: A distinction from the second game Skylanders: Giants.
Green: A distinction from the third game Skylanders: Swap Force
White: Other category
You'll probably notice that I haven't cited anything from the newest game. That's because 1) I haven't really analyzed it yet and 2) The most important point from Trap Team that I'll be making comes a little later in the post.
Also, I haven't played the mobile Skylanders games much except for Skylanders: Lost Islands, so I don't have much information from them. From Lost Islands I could mention that Spyro is the starter character and that the menu for viewing your Skylanders has Spyro on the Portal of Power as its icon, but they're not unique distinctions of his. A few other Skylanders have these characteristics in other games.

This isn't another point because I haven't been able to verify it yet, but according to the Skylanders Wiki, "Out of all the Skylanders, Spyro is the most recognizable." No citation was added to that claim, so I have no idea why that was written. It could've been some crazed fanboy proclaiming his love for Spyro or something, but I don't know. I'll try and find out why that was added to the Trivia section later.

Anyways, a point I especially want to emphasize is the fact that Spyro received an Elite version. Introduced in Skylanders: Trap Team, Eon's Elite Skylanders are very special. There's one representing each element and the most iconic of each element is chosen. And, of course, Spyro is one of them. All of these Skylanders are special, but none are as unique as Spyro. The closest one is Trigger Happy, but even he's not on par with Spyro. The above list shows many notable and exclusive characteristics of Spyro that any other Skylander has yet to match.

Moving onto the larger issue, when referring to "Spyro games" many people refer to the classic Spyro and Legend of Spyro games yet leave out Skylanders games. By this logic, Legend of Spyro Spyro shouldn't be grouped with classic Spyro either because--like Skylanders Spyro--his series is a reboot of the original Spyro series. Yet since he still is the main protagonist--having the title, ads, and story all pertain to him--we call it a Spyro game. Skylanders Spyro should be included under this label too then.
Skylanders is interesting in that it has many protagonists. You choose which one you want to play as. Thus, Spyro is still technically a main character like in the Legend of Spyro and Spyro series, and we could call it a Spyro game, but since he's not the only choice, he shares this with all the other characters too. So it's also a Trigger Happy game, a Gill Grunt game, a Cynder game, etc. and we group this ownership under the name "Skylanders". But underneath that umbrella term, it still is a Spyro game. It's just bigger than that. For that reason, expecting game titles, ads, etc. to focus solely on him is unreasonable. He is the most prominent Skylander, yes, but that does not exclude him from sharing some of the glory. The nature and flexibility of this series require this. He cannot hog the spotlight all the time. If the above list were any larger, there would be some serious conflicts with the "choose your character" approach. Thus, with the limitations of being a Skylander in mind, Spyro the Dragon is, in fact, the most important and prominent character of them all.

Who here hates Activision? I expect everyone does, myself included. Many people argue that this company would be a hindrance for Spyro's inclusion, citing that they are blood-sucking money-grabbers. However, this company actually has a pretty decent relationship with Nintendo. Limiting the scope of this argument to Spyro, I would like to mention the predecessor to Skylanders: Name Unknown (We'll just call it Version 2). After the idea for Spyro's Kingdom was scrapped, the second version of this game was going to be made into a Nintendo Wii exclusive game. The only reason that changed was because of fan outrage. In spite of this, however, the Skylander series still has a special relationship with Nintendo. The 3DS versions of these games are always unique--the storyline and gameplay are changed. They're practically different games! Considering this information, negotiations would likely go smoother than expected.

If we were talking about the classic Spyro the Dragon only, I would wholeheartedly agree. After all, he was their mascot. However, when considering the entire extent of the Spyro the Dragon series (all three versions included), the relationship with Sony is not really significant. In fact, Nintendo has a better relationship with Spyro. There have been more Nintendo-exclusive Spyro games than there have been Sony-exclusives. And everything I mentioned in the previous spoiler about Activision and Nintendo's relationship pertains to this spoiler as well. When examining the entire life of Spyro the Dragon, we find that his place in Sony is largely irrelevant. Nostalgia inflates the scope of their relationship. In reality, they have grown further apart over the years.

Did you know that, until the release of Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure in 2013, Japan had gone almost 10 years without a Spyro game? With this in mind, many would argue that he has no chance at Smash. Nonetheless, I would like to draw a comparison between Marth/Roy in Melee and Spyro now. Their situations are essentially reversed--Fire Emblem wasn't well-known outside of Japan and Spyro the Dragon is well-known outside of Japan. Despite this, the developers risked adding character who most of the world did not know about to their game. And it turned out fine. Adding Spyro would pose a much smaller risk. Only the age group in between the older and younger audiences would not know him. Also, it is much more important if the developers know about Spyro than if the entirety of Japan does. After all, they will make the final decision. And it is highly likely that they know of him because of the Skylanders series. The revolutionary NFC figures of this series inspired Nintendo's Pokemon Rumble figures and, of course, Amiibo. Because of this, his popularity in Japan is not as big of an issue as some would suggest.

Thanks for reading! :)

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Dlc custom moves
Chance: 20%
Its possible? But if they didn't have any to begin with then I doubt we might get it later. But thats just an opinion
Just as long as I don't have to pay extra

Nominate R.O.B. eye bug fix x5

Prediction Spyro: 2%

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
DLC Custom Moves:

60% So far we only have Mewtwo and as seen when he was first released he seemed rushed, considering the glitches found. I think the Custom moves are being worked on. But in this case it;s hard to say if DLC characters will get custom moves as we're at the start of the DLC race. But if the custom moves glitches mean anything I think there's a good chance of DLC characters getting Custom moves.

Want: 100% Definitely. I don't want Lucas, Roy etc to be left out of the dust.

Prediction:

Spyro: 1.57%

Nominate Lloyd Irving x5

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
DLC Custom Moves:

60% So far we only have Mewtwo and as seen when he was first released he seemed rushed, considering the glitches found. I think the Custom moves are being worked on. But in this case it;s hard to say if DLC characters will get custom moves as we're at the start of the DLC race. But if the custom moves glitches mean anything I think there's a good chance of DLC characters getting Custom moves.
To be honest I doubt the glitched custom moves we used to exploit before the 1.0.7 patch mean anything about what's planned. Actually I think those are probably the results of the game getting orders to read data not related to custom moves, just similar to how MissingNo. was the result of Pokémon Red and Blue trying to read data unrelated to actual Pokémon data. Just saying.

Leaf_It

Smash Cadet
DLC Custom moves
It seems likely honestly. I don't know why they wouldn't eventually do it, especially if Nintendo realizes that DLC is a money maker.

Want: 40%
I don't really care. Custom moves are great and all, but for me, I'm still learning how to play a lot of the characters decently with their base move set, so custom moves don't have too much of an appeal to me. That being said, it wouldn't hurt to have them, so 40% seems fine.

Prediction: 5%

Nominations:
x2 Flying Man
x2 Isaac (Binding of Isaac)
x1 4th Mii Fighter type

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
DLC Custom Specials
Previous Evaluations:
Toggle Spoiler
K.Rool Chance: 87% Want: 100
Banjo & Kazooie Chance: 3% Want: 14%
Isaac Chance: 70% Want: 90%
Bandanna Dee Chance: 42% Want: 50%
Captain Toad: Abstained chance and want
Krystal Chance: 36% Want: 71%
Dixie Kong Chance: 40% Want: 43%
Impa Chance: 35% Want 79%
Shantae Chance: 10% Want 54%
Inklings Chance: 31% Want: 51%
Rayman Chance: 61% Want 89%
Snake Chance: 35% Want: 50%
Wolf Chance: 98% Want: 100%
Shovel Knight Chance: 13% Want 65%
Quote Chance 8% Want: 4%
Ice Climbers Chance: 25% Want: 40%
Sceptile: Chance: 12.60 Want: 52%
Wonder Red Chance: 18% Want: 78%
Promoted NPCs Chance: 13% Want: 30%
Henry Fleming Chance: 13.20 Want: 57%
Paper Mario Chances: 14% Want: 8%
Roy Chance: 98% Want 100%
Ridley Chance: 5% Want 75%
Chorus Men Chance: 9% Want: 45%
DLC Costumes: Chance 80% Want: 100%
Magolor Chance: 7% Want: 46%
Wolf Link and Midna Chance: 3% Want: 25%
Ray Chance: 37% Want 55%
Tetra Chance: 19% Want: 46%
Pichu Chance: 30% Want: 68%
Ryu Chance 98% Want: 75%
Phoenix Wright Chance: 7% Want: 100%
Lip: Abstained Chance and Want
Simon Belmont Chance: 4% Want 57%
Daisy Chance: 21% Want: 10%
Ninten Chance and Want 1%
Geno Chance: 1% Want: 13%
Squirtle and Ivysaur Chance 13%, Want: 1%
Professor Layton - Chance: 23% Want: 75%
DLC Customs - Chance: 67% Want: 100%
Chance: 67%
Perhaps Sakurai decided to put them off to the side to spend more time on developing characters quickly, so if they decided that once all the characters have been made DLC, they'll go back and fix them with customs so that the Back Room will have even more difficulty making a tier list they don't feel to discriminated by development.

Give me a time-stopping Mewtwo, Nintendo!! (Even though it might never happen, but if it did...WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!)
Spyro Prediction: 2.65%

Nominations: Waluigi X3 Ghirahim X2

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
DLC custom moves

Chance 50%
This could go either way.

Want: 75%
As long as it doesn't hinder other DLC characters from being made, I'd be fine with it, but I don't normally use custom moves.

Predictions: Spyro 3%

Nominations: BB bandit trio X5.

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
DLC Custom moves
There's a definite chance that Sakurai will include these custom move in, but it is questionable as to much he prioritizes them over the other DLC options we'll most likely be getting.

Want: 90%
It'd just feel incomplete without them( but I'd still like them to be free 'n stuff).

Nomination: Sora x5

Last edited:

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
Time-stopping Mewtwo and other glitched custom moves for DLCs

Could go either way. I won't be too specific about it (so... many... possibilities... :dizzy:).

Want: :awesome: 100% :awesome:
I don't want Mewtwo, Lucas, and all the "possible thanks to the ballot" DLCs (Daisy, Roy, Pichu, Squirtle, Snake, Krystal, Viridi, etc...) to be left out in favor of characters in the base game, so it's a 100% in want. Plus, it sounds awesome.

Spyro prediction: Abstain (never heard of him... so it's "Abstain" for now)

Nominations: (Daisy and :roymelee:/:roypm: are already nominated or leaked respectively so...) (:172:/:pichumelee: is already nominated)
Viridi (Kid Icarus: Uprising) (Playable newcomer) (My favorite Kid Icarus character)
Prince Fluff (:4kirby:/:kirby2:/:kirbymelee:/:kirby64: Epic Yarn) (Playable newcomer) (My favorite :kirby64:/:kirbymelee:/:kirby2:/:4kirby: character)
Emolga (Pokemon Black/White) (Playable newcomer) (One of my favorite pokemons... Plus, I needed someone to counter :4greninja:'s appearance, by having someone else from another recent generation)
:snake: (Metal Gear Solid) (Returning veteran) (My Brawl main, re-ratable, I missed his day)
King Boo (:4luigi:/:luigi2:/:luigimelee:/:luigi64:'s Mansion and many :4mario:/:mario2:/:mariomelee:/:mario64: spin-offs) (playable newcomer or stage boss on :luigi64:/:luigimelee:/:luigi2:/:4luigi:'s Mansion stage) (my second favorite character from the :mario64:/:mariomelee:/:mario2:/:4mario: series. Second only to the great Daisy)
Same exact nominations EVERY TIME UNTIL ONE OF THEM GETS ITS DAY! (I will then choose another character instead of the one who got its day)

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
CUSTOM MOVES FOR DLC CHARACTERS:
CHANCE: 60%
WANT: 100%

We already have evidence that Mewtwo's custom moves were worked on, before they were made inaccessible by the 1.0.7 patch. I think there's a good chance that the finished ones will be made available in a later patch, like Lucas is released. I hope they don't make us buy them though.

As for want, why not? With customs growing in acceptance, this is an undeserved handicap for Mewtwo and future DLC character mainers. Please don't make us unlock them.

SPYRO PREDICTION: 4%

ASHLEY × 5

:231:

Customs
chance 20%
honestly the fact that they arent there in the first place seems like a decent enough problem. I know it was super easy to just change a String value but the fact they changed it to "this character does not have custom moves" or whatever it says doesnt help either.

Want 100%
i cant think of any good reason not to want this. Maybe if i wasnt pro custom specials i would feel differently but oh well.

Prediction
1%

Noms
viridi 2
roy has awakening attire as default 2
4th mii class

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
They were working on something before Mewtwo was released, so it could go either way. Either they cut them for whatever reason, or couldn't finish them in time.

Why not?

Prediction: 2.813%

Nominations:
Anna (Fire Emblem) x3
Tiki (Fire Emblem) x2

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Seeing that Mewtwo has data for custom moves before it was locked away, I see the chances to be decent. Couple that with uproar if all DLC characters are "incomplete", i.e. no custom moves and I can see Nintendo working on them. They do try to make their DLC more value seeing how they have handled DLC for some other games, especially Mario Kart. Plus not having custom moves will limit the DLC characters somewhat so I think Nintendo will see that.

YES! I can't imagine DLC characters without custom moves to be honest. It would be such a downer if a character with huge potential doesn't get custom variants. Not as many as Palutena but atleast the normal amounts of custom moves would be nice! Plus if Isaac comes as DLC, I would really really want him to have customs. As well as other characters who have tons of moves to choose from for their Smash moveset.

Spyro Prediction: 1.79%
(Sadly I missed Layton's RTC >.<)

The Professor
Chance: ???% This reminds me of a puzzle!

Puzzle #123 See If you can solve it!
Professor Layton's is a third party, so his chance score is low. In fact, the number is spelt with only two letters! What could it be?

Luke: I can't think of a single number with only two letters, Professor!
Layton: It appears that the answer is no ordinary number. We need to view this puzzle from a different angle.
Luke: Maybe we should use a hint coin.
Hint Coin#1: The number is between three and four.

Layton: So I was right to believe that this number is a decimal.
Luke: But that still doesn't leave us any closer to finding a number with two letters!
Layton: This number clearly is spelt in more than one manner. Maybe a second hint coin would shed some light on the answer?

Hint Coin#2: Despite your thoughts being infinite, make sure that they always come full circle.

Luke: That hint was no help at all!
Layton: I believe that I have figured out the solution!
Luke: Really? What is it professor?
Layton: You simply need to approach this puzzle from a mathematical perspective. Use the final hint coin and I believe you will understand.

Hint Coin#3: The number is almost always represented by a symbol.

Luke: Symbols are often in mathematics, correct?
Layton: Precisely! And the previous hint suggests that we looks towards circles for the solution. Do you remember a symbol often associated with circles?
Luke: Of course! π is the circumference of a circle, right?
Layton: Correct! And when Pi is spelt out...
Luke: It's two letters! That means that the percentage must be...

Both: 3.14%!

dun
dun
dun
Correct!
*Victory music*

He was awesome back in Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright. I've been waiting for a copy of Curious Village to pop up at the used game store I visit for a year, but no luck so far (Although there have been enough copies of Diabolical Box to make my own Diabolical Box). I'm just not sure how well he would fit in with the rest of the cast.

Predicting Custom moves at 54%

Nominating 6+ dlc characters x3
KOS-MOSx2
Ironically enough I had used 3 x pi as my prediction rating for Layton :p

Nominations:
Abel (SMT: Devil Survivor) or other SMT character x 5

Last edited:

RaenUE

Smash Cadet
NNID
RaenUE
3DS FC
0705-3752-9517
DLC Customs:
Chance: 45%
I want to be hopeful, I really do, but since they hadn't released Mewtwo with customs initially, and show no indication of trying to make up for this atrocity, I can't say that it's more likely than not.
+50% for otherwise being an incomplete game, -10% for no official announcement along the lines of "we'll do it later" and them going out of their way to note in the game that there were no customs for Mewtwo, +5% for "maybe it's a secret"

Want: 90%
+100% for "it'd be super cool", -5% for the nagging fear that I'll have to pay for something that should have been released initially (it might be like Mario Kart's 200cc update, but I'm not holding my breath), -5% because I can live without something for a character(s) that I wasn't going to play in the first place (this'll change if certain characters become DLC)

Spyro prediction: 1.6%

Nomination:
*Concept: (Shin) Megami Tensei Character (includes Persona & Devil Survivor) x5

EDIT 12:20-ish EST: fixed a minor spelling error

Last edited:

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
DLC Character Customs:
Chance: 50%. In my opinion, this is something that could go either way. There has been no official statement on the status of DLC characters getting customs, and I'm sure those aren't high on the priority list right now with DLC characters being made. Based on Sakurai's comments on time it takes to develop a character, I'd bet they have most of their resources focused on the upcoming DLC for the time being. I feel the customs won't come for a very long time if they ever do.

Want: 100% Well duh, I want custom moves. Custom moves are taking over the competitive Smash 4 scene for the most part, and no character should be cut short. Plus customs are just plain fun.

-------------------
Spyro prediction:
2%
-------------------
Chibi Robo x5

StormC

Smash Hero
1. K. Rool: 75%/100%
2. Banjo-Kazooie: 10%/70%
3. Isaac: 60%/40%
4. Bandana Dee: 50%/25%
5. Captain Toad: 25%/15%
6. Krystal: 25%/15%
7. Dixie Kong: 50%/50%
8. Impa: 50%/50%
9. Shantae: 15%/40%
10. Inklings: 55%/40%
11. Rayman: 30%/40%
12. Snake: 40%/70%
13. Wolf: 85%/65%
14. Shovel Knight: 20%/40%
15. Quote: 15%/45%
16. Ice Climbers: 10%/35%
17. Sceptile: 20%/50%
18. Wonder Red: 20%/35%
19. Promoted NPCs: 5%/Abstain
20. Henry Fleming: 15%/15%
21: Paper Mario: 30%/20%
22. Roy: 95%/0%
23. Ridley: 5%/80%
24. Chorus Kids: 25%/35%
25. DLC Alternate Costumes: 75%/75%
26. Magalor: 15%/30%
27. Midna/Link: 1%/5%
28. Ray: 20%/35%
29. Tetra: 20%/20%
30. Pichu: 15%/0%
31. Ryu: 90%/30%
32. Phoenix Wright: 15%/55%
33. Lip: 15%/35%
34. Simon Belmont: 5%/30%
35. Daisy: 15%/0%
36. Ninten: 5%/10%
37. Squirtle/Ivysaur: 20%/30%
38. Layton: 10%/30%

Chance: Abstain.

Want: 40%. I'm pretty indifferent to customs on the whole, even if some of them are neat.

Beast Ganon 5x

Spyro prediction: 5%

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Chance: 35%

Unless they are for the DLC characters they will be for free with an update if not then no.

Want: 45%
I rarely use custom moves sans :4littlemac:&:4wiifit: because their insanity of them in Smash Run

Prediction: Spyro 2%

Nominations:
Advance Wars rep x2

Spikeez

Smash Cadet
DLC characters receive Cusom Moves

Chance: 70%
Depending on the circumstances, Custom Moves may be added if the development team is still trying to make them for Mewtwo and other fighters, thus adding in another patch, it might be unlikely since they want to have as much time as possible.

I like Custom Moves in this game, it would be awesome to see Disable make opponents trip and can be used without the need of facing in front of Mewtwo but with less damage or Confusion with a larger reflection area but loses the ability to hit opponents. Just think of the possibilities.

Spyro Prediction: 6%

Nominations:
DLC Music Pack x2

Troykv

Smash Master
Concept DLC Character recieve custom move

Because the incomplete data with the glitched moves...

Want: 90% (If is free)

Yeah! They need it!

Predicción: Spyro

Chance: 2%
Want: 25%

Nominations:

Micaiah x5

(Kos-mos don't need now my help. Tomorrow will begin her predictions).

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
DLC Custom Moves
Chance: 37%
The main thing that makes me think they aren't planning to implement custom moves in a future patch is the fact that Lucas's voice clips are seemingly unchanged from the transition to Sm4sh from Brawl, going by the trailer at least. Ness's voice clips were changed. The only reason I think they changed Ness's voice is because they needed him to shout the moves of his different customs. If DLC characters aren't going to get custom moves, there's no reason to change Lucas's voice hence why he sounds the same in his trailer. It's certainly possible that they've since hired a new voice actor and just reused his old voice clips for the trailer, but until he's released and we know for sure I'm going to be a little pessimistic about this concept and give it a chance of 37%.
There's still a decent chance, but so far everything to me points at this concept not happening...

Want: 65%
A part of me wants every DLC character we get to be the complete package, but I hardly use custom moves so another part of me just wants that development time to go into creating another character that we might not end up getting if they spend time making custom moves for every DLC character. I'm a little torn on this one.

Prediction - Spyro: 2.9%

Nominations:
x5 Toon Zelda

Top Bottom