• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Squirtle and Ivysaur!

Chances:
:007: 35%
:002: 33%

Ooh, these guys were great in Brawl. Missing them so much!

Really, the biggest argument against them that cam be made is the "ERMAHGERD, TOO MANY REPZ!!!" and that's about it. This game is saturated with Pokémon, particularly from the 1st generation. Why? Because that's the only franchise that has suffered more than one cut since the series began. Even if we get both of them (and Pichu), we still don't get a Pokémon newcomer - and didn't Sakurai say that he hates cutting characters? Furthermore, their respective movesets are complete in Brawl - they just need to be ported, given a new set of victory animations (Squirtle Squad Shades plz), and new Final Smashes (Ivy's could easily be a Samus-style solarbeam...)

So looking at them specifically...
:squirtle: is another water starter. We've got one in the game, but as far as I know, they removed the 'water hitbox,' so there is no more type-effectiveness. Squirtle has always been a really popular starter choice, and his appearance in the anime had a great personality.

:ivysaur: on the other hand represents the 'lost' grass starter. However, as before, the hitbox specificity is no more. Ivy's also got a bit of a popularity problem. Bulbasaur was never the most popular of the three Kanto starters, and the second-stage is never as popular as the first or last. He's also got one more problem in the moveset department - his uspecial is Vine Whip, and all tether-only recoveries (Pikmin Chain, Plasma Whip) were removed. He may need to get a new up special
DLC is the perfect place to bring back veterans, since a lot of people who played those characters really want them back. And if Charizard gets to go free, the other two shouldn't be forgotten. Pikachu is tired of being the only unevolved Pokémon.
Want: 100%:squirtle: 99%:ivysaur:
I loved them so much. I know everyone hates the transformation mechanic, but it was loads of fun for me. My favorite was to get the Trainer in a 6-stock battle with a bunch of CPUs, and I would switch characters as each stock was used. It really forced me to git gud with all of the characters, as opposed to Shielda and Zamus - for them, I picked one and stuck with it, so therefore my Shiek and Zerosuit were useless.
I even made my team in SS :007::002::006: since I liked them so much... Such a great team, and I really miss it.

look at that awesome badass!! SO MUCH WANT!!!
Prediction: Layton - 6.95%
Nomination:
DLC Stage packs x5

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Geno still beat Midna (& Wolf Link)?! Sometimes I wonder what's with these people!! (no faith in NPC promotion)

:ivysaur:Ivysaur Squirtle:squirtle:

Chance:
:007: 15%
:002: 20%

Receiving both for DLC: 5%

Yeah I'm gonna be that guy! Thing is, both of these guys may be popular due to their inclusion into Brawl, but...they were part of the Pokemon Trainer and since transformations were removed and :4charizard: made it back and they didn't it makes me think that they might not really be coming back at all since their gimmick had been removed. Charizard is a popular enough pokemon on his own so his return was pretty much a no brainer. We also don't know if we are getting all veterans back, or if we are going to get more than one character per franchise...Which at this moment I don't believe we will at least not for a while...

Let's break it down:
Squirtle-was fairly fun to play with he had brought something new to the mix with his water attacks and now only Greninja and Mario have any sort of water based attack. Squirtle is a popular enough pokemon considering his role in the anime, which hasn't been for a while to my knowledge but still one of Ash's more notable pokemon...

Ivysaur-So far the only character with any plant based attacks (Olimar's pikmin don't really count because fire and electricity is not plant) This is the main reason why I ranked him 5% higher because he actually brings something that no other character has in the current roster...however Ivysaur on his own is not as popular oputside of Smash being the more often than not ignored middle stage...Bulbasaur being the cute little starter (plus Ash's Bulbasuar in the anime) and Venusaur the final stage that everyone trains for...not saying Ivysaur doesn't have his fans but overall is a bit of a weird choice for Smash without the whole water-basic, grass-middle, fire-fully evolved gimmick that Pokemon Trainer had...

In the end I feel Ivysaur has the better chance simply because he has something that no other fighter has, while Greninja now has the water element covered, and in a more interesting way as well...even though Squirtle is the more popular pokemon overall...But their vet status had prevented me from ranking them lower but I personally don't think that their chances are too great to begin with...And I do not think we'll get both for DLC...remember we already got Mewtwo and getting two more pokemon might make some people upset due to 'reps'...Let's also remember that they aren't really all that demaded and most likely are not getting as much supprt that they could get

----

Want:
:007: 15%
:002: 5%

Recieving both for DLC: 0%

I liked Squirtle (a little bit) better overall, the wall clinging and the withdraw (why do these moves act so differently that they do in game) was pretty fun...Ivysaur with his Vine Whip recovery was a little lame in my eyes. Of course he's most likely going to get a new move but still...
I'm not really too excited about getting either of them to be honest...I mean I wouldn't mind getting more pokemon, but I'd rather them be new and from a different generation (if they come back that'll be 6 pokemon from Gen 1, what about gens 2, 3, and 5? They have plenty to offer)...Bring in Sceptile for the grass element or bring something from Gen 5 like Zoroark...
I will not be too happy if we get both for DLC though...I don't really see it as being necessary receiving too many veterans when there are so many new characters I'd want to be added, there are a few vets I'd be happy for but these two not so much...

----

Prediction: 6.4%
Professor Oak Layton
Honestly haven't got a clue...get it...GET IT!!?!...but seriously though I don't even know...

----

Nominations:
Dark Samus x10
aka NOT just 5 because I actually won!?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Squirtle and Ivysaur - The Leader of the Squirtle Squad and the Tempter of Bulbasaur

Chance: 40%

One is a fan favorite starter Pokemon from the First Generation that starred in the first few seasons of the anime. The other is an unexpected choice that had little anime promotion, but was a memorable Pokemon in his own right. They are veterans for which they are likely to return depending on if Sakurai wanted to bring the back or not (Even with the death of Pokemon Trainer;s gimmick). What really hurts their inclusion is that fans wouldn't be too fond of Pokemon having 8 reps in the end else two are dependent on each other (Meaning either both return or they stay out since I can't image one of them being picked). The other problem is that they probably won't be heavily requested in the ballot in comparison to characters like Snake or the already "confirmed" Roy.

Want: 80%

I wouldn't mind their return, especially Squirtle since that almighty turtle is too cool to drop. I don't mind Ivysaur either since his Smashes were mad broken and risky. R.I.P. Pokemon Switch and hello two of the better Pokemon than the inferior Zard.

Prediction Professor Layton: - 10%

Nomination: Monita x5

Last edited:

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
DOUBLE RATE TIME!!!

Squirtle
Chance: 35%
- Has his own interesting and unique moveset, also the most beloved 1st stage starter in Gen I (possibly bias statement). Also a veteran, and WHO CARES HOW MANY POKES THERE ARE NOW.

Want: 80%
- Squirtle is my favorite Pokemon of all time and I feel like he'll be buffed up similar to how Yoshi was. I'll main him :)

Ivysaur
Chance: 30%
- Slightly less just because he is the runt of the litter. Again, veteran and unique moveset. Make room for Solar Beam down-special.

Want: 70%
- I'd love to have veterans back. Ivysaur is no exception.

I'd like to point out, that if either is ever confirmed before the other, it basically confirms them both in my opinion.

Prediction:
Professor Layton: 12%

Nominations:
Crash Bandicoot x4
Spyro

Last edited:

Mario123311

Smash Ace
On the subject of Squirtle and Ivysaur: I actually kinda wanna see Pokemon trainer make a comeback somehow and have alternate skins, each skin being trainers from different generations with starters from said gens. ((I honestly wanted Piplup as a Pichu replacement in brawl ; w ;))

And hopefully I never hear of Geno again from this point onward. He is 100% "do-not-want" for me honestly.

If we mention Dragon Quest Slime on the other hand... Yes, please. Rocket Slime was one of my favorite DS games.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Roy C 85% W 30% (opinion has now changed to 0% want and now up to 10%)
Ridley C 5% W 70%
Chorus Kiddos C 17% W 10%
Magolor C 23% W 100%
Midna and inferior Star Wolf C 0% W 0%
Ray C 10% W 20%
Tetra C 15% W 40%
Pichu C 45% W 90%
Ryu C 75% W 5%
Daisy C 15% W2%
Ninten C 10% W 30%
Geno C 0.1% W 7%
Dlccostumes C 75% W 90%
Together Chances: 30% Veterans, but they are the most forgotten characters in the whole series, and would massively inflate Pokemon's reps (Although Pokemon can be as huge as it wants I guess, if were talking about sales)
Want : 50% I don't really want or need them, but it just feels wrong having :006: without them.

solo Chance : 50%
Want: 40%

solo Chance: 40%
Want: 70%

Greninja doesn't have a sprite,so here's a Clefairy instead :troll: Bonus stuff
Predictions: Prof. Layton 9%
Nominations: 1st person to make me laugh gets to choose the noms. Yes, I'm that bad at deciding things.

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
IVYSAUR & SQUIRTLE
Chance: both at 10%
Want: Ivysaur= 60% while Squirtle= 70%

PROFESSOR LAYTON
Prediction: 7.45%

NOMINATION
Elma x5

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
:002::007:

Chance: Both 35%
They aren't requested as much as other veterans and they wouldn't add one without adding the other one, so Nintendo might not like to inflate the roster with too many Pokemons.

:002: Want: 50%
He was my most used Pokemon from the three and it was fun to ko with his up aerial. However even though I'd be cool with his inclusion, I wouldn't mind at all if he doesn't appear.

:007: Want: 40%
Same reason as Ivysaur, but a bit lower since Ivysaur still remains my favorite of the three.

Nominations:
Monita x5

Leaf_It

Smash Cadet
Chance (both): 65%
They are veterans with unique move sets, so their likelihood is pretty high imo.

Squitle
Want: 60%

Ivysaur
Want: 62%
Bulba was my first starter pokemon, so an extra 2%

Professor Layton: 15%

Nominations:
x1 Birdo
x1 Flying Man (Flying bird men from the Magicant stage)
x1 Concept 4th type of Mii fighter (Magic Mii)
x1 Concept: Themed Stage packs DLC (i.e, 64, Melee, Brawl)
x1 Isaac (Binding of Isaac)

@ Zerp Zerp

Last edited:

Spikeez

Smash Cadet
:002: Ivysaur

Chance = 25%

Want = 67%

:007: Squirtle
Chance= 20%

Want= 86%

Nominations:
Mach Rider x5

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
So you two were in the last Smash Bros.? Quite interesting. But here's what I need to know...

Are you a boy, or a girl?

One of each, you say?

--

Squirtle and Ivysaur

Chance:
Squirtle: 25%
Ivysaur: 30%

As Red left, so did they. The decision to axe character transformations left Squirtle and Ivysaur on the chopping block, as the more popular Charizard left for Smash 4 without them. With a decent amount of fans still, could they make a delayed switch-in and return as solo characters themselves?

There're a number of factors in play here. On one hand, being veterans lends toward them having a larger support base than a lot of potential newcomers, meaning they wouldn't have to worry about winning the fans over (although that wasn't a problem for most of the newcomers we've had, anyway). As well, the developers may or may not be favoring veterans, meaning they could have a greater chance still. Though Squirtle's water-based powers may run him up against Greninja, Ivysaur has no competition in the niche for a character with nature-based abilities, therefore giving her an edge though uniqueness and possibly less chance of being vetoed by Sakurai's crew.

(Yes, apparently the Ivysaur in Brawl is female!)

At the same time, though, other factors hurt their chances. The fanbase isn't as sold on another Pokémon character, meaning they can't count on the same landslide support as the likes of K. Rool, Isaac, or fellow veteran Wolf. Furthermore, a significant amount of the Pokémon fans within the fanbase seem to want a newcomer rather than more veterans! In the majority of the straw polls, Sceptile is getting more votes than Squirtle or Ivysaur, as the trainers amongst the Smash fans want to see 'mons from more than Gen 1 make it in, while the fans more nostalgic over Gen 1 are more interested in characters from other series.

They have better chances than many, but it may not matter if their fans care more about other characters from their series. They may be outmatched.

Perhaps some Audino grinding is in order?

Want:
Squirtle: 17.5%
Ivysaur: 35%

I'm not a huge fan of either. I'm among the ones who think we have enough from Gen 1 already. So many other generations also have viable candidates, and it'd be a damn shame to see them ignored just because they didn't come first.

Furthermore, Squirtle's moveset was...pretty bland in Brawl, to be honest. Greninja took the water-user concept and did so many more interesting things with it, and next to a badass waterbending ninja frog, a turtle with a tail and generic water powers would feel pretty redundant.

Ivysaur would still be unique, at least. Even if I'm a much bigger Sceptile fan, the fact that Ivysaur also has abilities no one else on the roster has means she'd still bring something new...well, old-new...sort of.

Professor Layton Prediction: 11.75%

I deduce...that I'm basically guessing on this one. >_>

Nominations:
Concept: DLC Music Pack x4
Concept: Alpha-Form Stages x1

Here's an interesting scenario: If Ivysaur does get in, it'd basically ruin Sceptile's chances. Scep's biggest draw is being a Grass type when we don't currently have one, and he wouldn't feel unique enough compared to Ivysaur to avoid feeling kind of redundant.

In that case, there'd still have to be people who wanted a Pokémon newcomer, especially one that wasn't from Gen 1. So...who would they rally around?

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
:ivysaur:&:squirtle:

Ivysaur
Chance:25%
Want:10%

Squirtle
Chance:25%
Want:15%

Unless these two can act like Digimon and warp evolve into Mega Venasaur/Blastoise, they can't, won't and shouldn't be in.

:4charizard::4jigglypuff::4pikachu::4lucario::4mewtwo::4greninja: is all we need and Mewtwo was just DLC. We don't need anymore Pokemon.

But it's cool because Pokken Tournament needs some reps and Charizard doesn't want to be alone

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Squirtle - 7%
Ivysaur - 5%

Veteranhood helps both, but DLC slots are presumably limited to 4 - 6 more beyond Mewtwo and Lucas (Roy and Ryu take up two of those slots). We already have the most requested veteran Pokemon, and there are other, more requested vets than these two (Wolf, Ice Climbers, Snake). Then there are many, many more requested newcomers. Their low scores come down to limited slots.

Want -
Squirtle - 40% a small, adorable, all-star starter Pokemon, and another water-based character.
Ivysaur - 40% a unique, grass-elemental quadraped. I'd prefer Sceptile, but I ranted about my love for him enough back on his day.

predict Professor Layton - 6.5%

nominate -
DLC characters get custom moves (including Mewtwo) x4 (we should be good, @ ShinyRegice ShinyRegice )
Black Mage x1

Last edited:

Martingale

Smash Apprentice
Alright, so due to my study occurring at the moment I haven't mad much time to do RTC sadly. I won't have time again today so Squirtle and Ivysaur get spared my lance of assessment. However, I popped in to look at Layton's predicted chances and I'm a little worried due to a lot of "idk" on this one. Tomorrow I'll abstain from chance (to avoid bias, I don't want to know what I think) and give 100% want, but please do me a favour:

Before you vote on Layton tomorrow, please read this! If you don't know too much about the Professor, these are a few reasons I've summarised to make his case in the past.

-Diverse moveset possibilities: proven capability in fencing, inventions such as the Slot Machine Gun, St. Mystere Glider and the Catapult, and in-game nuances from the hundreds of puzzles could build a moveset simply. He's also great at hand to hand combat (he slapped a mind-controlled wolf in the face so hard it was sent flying. So basically he has won the 74th Hunger Games.). These diversities offer a lot of unique moves and "mind-game" potential which would make him a very interesting character.

-15 million game sales across seven games. Well above StarFox and just shy of Metroid, so relevancy with respect to sales is not an issue. He is also one of the rare franchises that sells best in Europe, one of the hardest demographics with respect to video game sales of the main three-- and a demographic Smash could capitalise on.

-High popularity on tumblr and Twitter, strong female support, (a demographic Nintendo want to expand within Smash). Shigeru Miyamoto has praised Professor Layton highly for opening up the female gaming market. This doesn't mean he's only popular with the ladies, though, and placed highly on many gaming news websites' "characters that should be in Smash" lists, and now on quite a few YouTubers' DLC newcomer lists. Was rumoured to be a character included in Brawl, and rumours of his inclusion have been circulating since.

-The Layton franchise debuted on the DS, and we have yet to receive a character from a franchise that debuted on the DS or 3DS. Only Greninja, Lucario and Lucina debuted on these consoles, but none of these are suitable candidates to truly represent these consoles in the way Wii Fit Trainer represents the Wii. Layton epitomises the unique staple (3)DS character, and was one of the first franchises to truly explore the touch screen functionality.

-Liked internally by Nintendo; Nintendo UK's website lists him third out of all Nintendo characters in their character hub, even above the likes of Pikachu and just shy of Link. Nintendo UK consider Layton more relevant Nintendo than Pokemon, Metroid, Kirby, Starfox and so on. Make of it what you will.

-We need a puzzle game representative that isn't Dr. Mario, and actually incorporates puzzle elements. With platformer, adventure, minigame, open-world, arcade, RPG, FPS, fantasy, second life, sports, sci-fi, racing, and even more genres represented, a genuine and hearty foray into the puzzle genre is needed.

-Although third party in Japan, Level-5 and NoJ are very close, withLevel-5 mainly publishing on DS and 3DS for such favourites as Layton, Inazuma Eleven, Fantasy Life, Yokai Watch and more. (Though if they did Ni No Kuni on the WiiU I'd be very happy... Different topic.) Note the availability of the Inazuma Eleven anime on the Nintendo Anime Channel. Layton is a second party character elsewhere published by Nintendo, akin to Pokemon.

-Layton's creators have already stated they would willingly work with the Smash team to make his inclusion a reality.

And if anyone considers bringing the fact that Layton-7 is going to be mobile only:
-Layton-7 is a spin-off. Any official canonical Layton games are preceded with "Professor Layton". Layton Brothers Mystery Room is another spin-off which hasn't affected the chances yet. The reason the game didn't make it to 3DS was because of its highly experimental style which Level-5 considered too much of a risk to put through the hardcopy publication process on 3DS, though has stated interest on bringing it to WiiU potentially through eShop. And really, if you're going to bring in this mobile game, better ignore the mobile ports of Mega Man, Pac-Man, and Sonic the Hedgehog 4/ Sonic Dash (although Sonic's games are slowly disappearing because Sega can't company.)

-Fantasy Life 2 is not actually an expansion of the first game-- it's basically a second version of the same game in which city building is key. It offers a free-to-play alternative to get people interested in the FL franchise which will be continued on console. Note that both of these are working titles and will almost certainly not be the published titles due to their misleading nature.

And as a final point:
-If you don't want to play a game where you can see a top-hat wearing London archaeologist murder a dinosaur, while smiling from behind his beady eyes, by blasting it to death with a machine gun that shoots coins, you kind of need to re-evaluate that position.

This has been a sponsored message from the People Pushing Professor Layton Party. Continue your Pokemon ratings.

4theRECORD

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2878-9708-8635
Ivysaur & Squirtle (Pokemon)

Chance:20%
Sooooo mixed. On one hand they're two more Pokemon representatives, a franchise that already has a ridiculous amount of representation in Smash, it looks so unlikely. On the other hand, they're veterans that had original movesets in Brawl. And looking at how Roy is looking like he's so likely right now, Sakurai apparently dosen't seem to care about how many reps a franchise gets (at least for DLC anyway) and if he follows that logic, these two would be pretty good choices for DLC. There would be data from Brawl to reuse, and they're not clones so few people would be complain that. I've decided to stick to my former conception but, I wouldn't be too suprised if they did manage to come back.

Ivysaur want:50%
Squirtle want:30%
I used both of these two more than Charizard back in brawl, actually I used these two more than most of the other characters. Buuuut, this generation I've tasked myself to main as many characters as I possibly can, and currently I have two mains, seven sub-mains, and twenty or so contenders to beome a main. I honestly don't have much space for other characters, and I'm leaving them for my most wanted. So.....yeah. Not in a desperate need for them. Did raise Ivysaur's want a bit more, as I thought he had a really unique moveset.

Professor Layton predictions: 10%
Eh...With his latest game exclusive to smartphones, and Youkai Watch exploding with popularity, I don't think he's so likely.

Nominations:
Slime (Dragon Quest) x5

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Squirtle and Ivysaur chances (each): 9%
They're veterans and Sakurai said he didn't like cutting them; most of the confirmed or seemingly leaked DLC characters are returning cut fighters, which definitely proves that. But compared to the likes of Lucas, Wolf or even Roy, the demand for those two doesn't seem to be anything special and they're actually outweighed by several newcomer requests, though they're not hated either. There's also the fact they don't have the star power level of Charizard, a Pokémon almost at the level of Pikachu when it comes to fame and influence, something Squirtle and Ivysaur can barely claim. In all honesty the Pokémon Trainer was the reason why they were put in the first place.

Though if they come back I fully expect both. It would make little sense otherwise.

Squirtle want: 50%
Ivysaur want: 40%

I didn't like Pokémon trainer very much in Brawl, it felt kind of forced, the Pokémon switching mechanic was annoying, and fighting with a Pokémon team owned by a trainer felt so wrong against Pokémon fighting on their own. I also didn't like how some one of each Pokémon's special move was blatantly cloned from someone else (Mario's F.L.U.D.D., Toon Link's Boomerang, Bowser's Fire breath). I'd also rather have newcomers over them, but I wouldn't mind if they came back; the transition from Brawl to SSB4 with one more special move among other changes would be interesting to see. I give Squirtle a higher want score than Ivysaur because he was my favourite Trainer's Pokémon to play as in Brawl and also because the Final Smash from Project M is awesome. It's freaking WATER SPOUT!

Professor Layton prediction: 13.48%
A third-party with a strong association with Nintendo. This prediction score is on par with the scores he got in the original RTC, so I think he will do relatively well. And there's no way he will do worse than Shantae or Quote, right?

Nominating: since other people seem to want to help me, then I'll give nominations to my own concept. I'd prefer its day to happen Friday, though I could deal with Saturday. Only Sunday is a big no-go whatever happens.
Concept: DLC characters get custom moves (including Mewtwo through patching) x5

Last edited:

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
swampasaur:

Chance (both): 18%

I somehow doubt Sakurai would add another Pokémon as DLC. Even then, these guys have unique move sets, but neither can stand up on their own as well as Charizard, in terms of moves and popularity.

Ivysaur Want: 10%

Out of Red's Pokémon, Ivysaur was my favorite, but my rule still applies.

Squirtle Want: 2%

Squirtle was cool as well, I just liked Ivysaur more.

Layton Predict:

Chance: 26%

Want: 47%

Nom:

Moonstruck Blossom x2

Homecoming Hijinx x3

MainJPW

M.T.A
Squirtle & Ivysaur

Chance: 35%

Their veteran status helps them but I'm not too sure they can pull through. Maybe.

Squirtle want: 60%

Ivysaur want: 40%

I do miss them a little.

Professor Layton Prediction: 7.5%

Nominations:
DLC characters get custom moves (including Mewtwo) x4
DLC Stage packs x1

Last edited:
Gen 1

Chance 10%
veterans from pokemon. That alone would make them sell but they have very stiff competition. If they're popularity didn't drop so hard after the charizard reveal this would be much higher.

Want : squirtle
60% barely played him but all unique vets are cool.

Ivysaur
100% one of my most played back in brawl. I pretty much only played ivy and ignored the other 2.
A solo ivysaur would be absolutely fantastic.

Prediction: 20%

Noms
viridi 2
Roy has awakening atire as default 2
4th mii class

NebulaWords

Smash Journeyman
Ouch for Geno's final score. But it's not the worst too. So it's good. It's not a flat 0% too x)
Ah well, I tried to defend him as best as I could uvu I'm happy with that.
So ! Which starter are we gonna rate today ? eve

DAY 38 : Squirtle and Ivysaur
Chance : 15% (together) 35% (seperated)
They were great in Brawl, but as Red have released Charizard, it seem unlikely that both (for all of them if you include Red) to come back. They must have followed Red or are released too but not near the Smash Universe. Either way, they aren't going to be there UNLESS they come "together" as a DLC but as their unique spots.

Want : 25%
They were fun to play in Brawl but I won't miss them too much if they don't come back. I mean, there's already worth a whole team in Smash and I think that's enough. But as someone stated, Sakurai probably don't care about how many Reps there is so they can come back if he decides to. Personally, I would rather have Ivysaur than Squirtle, so we can complete the "Grass/Fire/Water" trio.

Prediction :

Professah ! Layton : 11%

Nomination : Klonoa (Klonoa) x5

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Squirtle Chances: 20%: Popular character from a popular series, plus a vet. However, beyond Wolf and K. Rool (and I'm only saying Rool if the ballot actually has worth), I highly doubt we will get much more DLC than we already now.
Want: 100%: Screw Charizard. He's just an overrated lizard.
Ivysaur Chances: 10%: Less than Squirtle due to being in the least popular starter line of Gen 1.
Want: 20%: If he gets an improved moveset, my want would go up. Sadly, it'd probably stay the same or similar.
Layton: 15%.
X5 Gengar

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
:007: and :002:

Chance: :007: 45%
Has "type already represented in-game" competition that shouldn't have been in in the first place (and that competition is just a s***y :4greninja: WHO'S NOT "cool", CONTRARY TO POPUAR BELIEF AND WHAT FANBOYS WOULD SAY!), but seems to be liked by the developpers for being a veteran. Also, fun to play in Brawl. That could easily convince people on sites that aren't Smash specified and are more "social" sites
:002: 40%
Has less competition that is already in-game, but more "voting" competition, like Isaac, Daisy and Viridi. Also, less fun to play out of the three... or tied with :006: for "less fun to play".

(The fact that both :4greninja:, :4charizard:/:charizard: and :4mewtwo:/:mewtwomelee:/:mewtwopm: are over-ratted and over-loved DOES help... and also the fact that these three are in by being over-loved and over-ratted while Sceptile is not in for the same attributes literally gives Sceptile less chance than the veterans)

Want: .:squirtle: 100%
Squirtle (and all the water starters that aren't fully evolved or evolved in general) is cute, like :pichumelee:/:172:. Plus, He was part of my favorites WAY back in Brawl, alongside even the likes of :snake:.
:ivysaur: 10%
I'm being generous on him, seriously. I don't want anyone else that would concurrence with Daisy or Viridi, but I'm not really against him. Bonus points for being a veteran... However, he lacks the cuteness of :007:.

Professor Layton prediction: somewhere near between 40% and 50%
If Phoenix Wright gets in as a 2nd or 3rd third-party rep for Capcom, then Layton will have a better chance.

Nominations: (Daisy and :roymelee:/:roypm: are already nominated or leaked respectively so...) (:172:/:pichumelee: is already nominated)
Viridi (Kid Icarus: Uprising) (Playable newcomer) (My favorite Kid Icarus character)
Prince Fluff (:4kirby:/:kirby2:/:kirbymelee:/:kirby64: Epic Yarn) (Playable newcomer) (My favorite :kirby64:/:kirbymelee:/:kirby2:/:4kirby: character)
Emolga (Pokemon Black/White) (Playable newcomer) (One of my favorite pokemons... Plus, I needed someone to counter :4greninja:'s appearance, by having someone else from another recent generation)
:snake: (Metal Gear Solid) (Returning veteran) (My Brawl main, re-ratable)
King Boo (:4luigi:/:luigi2:/:luigimelee:/:luigi64:'s Mansion and many :4mario:/:mario2:/:mariomelee:/:mario64: spin-offs) (playable newcomer or stage boss on :luigi64:/:luigimelee:/:luigi2:/:4luigi:'s Mansion stage) (my second favorite character from the :mario64:/:mariomelee:/:mario2:/:4mario: series. Second only to the great Daisy)
Same exact nominations EVERY TIME UNTIL ONE OF THEM GETS ITS DAY! (I will then choose another character instead of the one who got its day)

Edit: Images speaks better than words... at least for me.

Last edited:
s***y :4greninja: WHO'S NOT "cool", CONTRARY TO POPUAR BELIEF AND WHAT FANBOYS WOULD SAY!), Plus, I needed someone to counter :4greninja:'s appearance, by having someone else from another recent generation)
Yo. We get it. You dont like greninja.

And viridi definitely isnt voting competition.

Ivysaur has all of his brawl fans. Viridi has me and like. . . 2 other people.

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
Yo. We get it. You dont like greninja.

And viridi definitely isnt voting competition.

Ivysaur has all of his brawl fans. Viridi has me and like. . . 2 other people.
Viridi has possibly hidden fans (SmashBoards isn't all of the internet, you know!) in more "social" sites.

I STILL HATE THAT FRIGGIN' USELESS GRENINJA! HE SHOULDN'T EVEN BE IN IN THE FIRST PLACE! (Also, I explained why Greninja and Geno cannot be considered "cool". Greninja has zero personality, like any pokemon, therefore cannot be considered "cool". Geno could be considered "cool" only if people looks at his personality, but they don't! they just like him for the fact that he's a friggin' "Star puppet with guns and lasers as weapons"! I've explained that weapons and ranks doesn't matter for the word "cool"! Appearance and personality are all that matter! Greninja doesn't have that much appearance, and has zero personality, since gen 6 isn't even expanded in a Pokepark game, unlike gen 5, who's unfairly rejected from having a playable rep in Smash!)

Last edited:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
:squirtle::ivysaur:
Chances: 70%

They're veterans with unique movesets. Sakurai doesn't like cutting characters and disappointing fans. They have all the time in the world for DLC, so these two won't slip by.

Want: 100%

So fun to play.

RetroBro

Smash Ace
Viridi has possibly hidden fans (SmashBoards isn't all of the internet, you know!) in more "social" sites.

I STILL HATE THAT FRIGGIN' USELESS GRENINJA! HE SHOULDN'T EVEN BE IN IN THE FIRST PLACE! (Also, I explained why Greninja and Geno cannot be considered "cool". Greninja has zero personality, like any pokemon, therefore cannot be considered "cool". Geno could be considered "cool" only if people looks at his personality, but they don't! they just like him for the fact that he's a friggin' "Star puppet with guns and lasers as weapons"! I've explained that weapons and ranks doesn't matter for the word "cool"! Appearance and personality are all that matter! Greninja doesn't have that much appearance, and has zero personality, since gen 6 isn't even expanded in a Pokepark game, unlike gen 5, who's unfairly rejected from having a playable rep in Smash!)

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
Ignore this
The like is a troll.:troll:

You forgot that I'm not talking about my opinion, I'm talking about the general conception of the word "cool".
- If you think Geno is "cool" because of his personality, then I'm ok with it since it fit perfectly with the definition of the word "cool":cheep:.
- If you think Geno is "cool" because of his weapons or status, then that's not a valid reason. In fact, I'll say it's a pretty empty reason.:emptysheep: :troll:

Last edited:

RetroBro

Smash Ace

You forgot that I'm not talking about my opinion, I'm talking about the general conception of the word "cool".
- If you think Geno is "cool" because of his personality, then I'm ok with it since it fit perfectly with the definition of the word "cool":cheep:.
- If you think Geno is "cool" because of his weapons or status, then that's not a valid reason. In fact, I'll say it's a pretty empty reason.:emptysheep: :troll:

I think he's really cool because of his personality.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero

- If you think Geno is "cool" because of his weapons or status, then that's not a valid reason.Yes it is! In fact, I'll say it's a pretty empty reason.:emptysheep: :troll:
Replies in red.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

you do know that 'cool' is a very subjective term right?

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Whoops, forgot past ratings.

Past Chance Scores:

Roy: 99%
Ryu: 99%
Wolf: 99%
King K. Rool: 50%
Dixie Kong: 50%
Inklings: 40%
Isaac: 40%
Snake: 30%
Impa: 30%
Captain Toad: 30%
Chorus Kids: 20%
Rayman: 20%
Pichu: 20%
Bandana Dee: 20%
Paper Mario: 15%
Krystal: 15%
Wonder Red: 15%
Tetra: 15%
Daisy: 10%
Ray: 10%
Ice Climbers: 10%
Sceptile: 5%
Magolor: 5%
Lip: 5%
Banjo-Kazooie: 5%
Henry Fleming: 3%
Ninten: 1%
Simon Belmont: 1%
Phoenix Wright: 1%
Quote: 1%
Shantae: 1%
Geno: 0.5%
Shovel Knight: 0.5%
Midna & Wolf Link: 0.5%
Ridley: 0%

DLC Alternate Costumes: 65%
Promoted NPCs: 0.5%

Past Want Scores:

Banjo-Kazooie: 100%
King K. Rool: 100%
Ice Climbers: 100%
Isaac: 100%
Ridley: 100%
Dixie Kong: 100%
Wolf: 100%
Rayman: 70%
Lip: 70%
Simon Belmont: 60%
Captain Toad: 60%
Inklings: 55%
Snake: 50%
Impa: 50%
Ray: 50%
Wonder Red: 50%
Magolor: 40%
Ryu: 35%
Tetra: 30%
Phoenix Wright: 25%
Roy: 20%
Bandana Dee: 20%
Henry Fleming: 20%
Pichu: 20%
Paper Mario: 5%
Krystal: 5%
Ninten: 5%
Quote: 5%
Chorus Kids: 5%
Shantae: 0%
Shovel Knight: 0%
Sceptile: 0%
Daisy: 0%
Geno: 0%
Midna & Wolf Link: 0%

Promoted NPCs: 100%
DLC Alternate Costumes: 50%

Squirtle
& Ivysaur's chances: 15%

Firstly, I believe we will either get both or neither. The two are among the least popular veteran choices to return, and I'm not sure if we'll get any more Pokemon to begin with. Kind of feel like Pichu might be more likely even if we did.

Squirtle want: 40%

I thought Squirtle was fun to play as sometimes, he was my favorite of the trainer's Pokemon. I probably would use him more often this time without the Trainer's gimmick. It'd also be interesting to see every veteran minus Young Link return, like I said on Pichu's day. I didn't miss him that much, though. I personally think Charizard is the only one of the three that really makes sense solo, and if we were to get more Pokemon I don't know if we really need someone else from the first generation. Even if we did, there are potential new Pokemon from that generation I would be interested in seeing instead.

Ivysaur want: 20%

Ivysaur gets half Squirtle's want score because he is not only my least favorite of the three to play as, but my least favorite character in Brawl's entire cast, and my forth least favorite overall.

Professor Layton prediction: 13.25%

Won't do terribly.

Nominations: Karate Joe x5

Last edited:

Fire_Voyager

Smash Journeyman
:ivysaur::squirtle:
Chances: 20% Unlikely...
Want: 20% It's time to move on with the veterans...

Prof. Layton
Prediction: 15%

Noms:
Bub/Bob x5 :bubblebobble:

Top Bottom