• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Geno - Today's rating whirls by...

Chance: 2% - I'm giving him 2% for appearing in two games, even if one was a cameo (Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga). Does Geno really have anything to support himself vs. the likes of someone like Banjo and Kazooie? He was in one game primarily, and he hasn't even been seen in years. Heck, even when the two companies that created him teamed up again in the future, we haven't seen nigh or low of him. Geno, in my belief, is a character we'll most likely never see again...

Want: 0% - ...and I'm OK with that. I've never played Super Mario RPG. I've thought about it, but I've essentially come to the conclusion, "why should I?" Mario RPG was good for it's time, but it can't compete with the Paper Mario series and the Mario and Luigi series that Nintendo's mascot now stars in RPG wise. Even if I did play Mario RPG, I believe my Team would usually just consist of Mario, Peach (Toadstool), and Bowser, meaning I'd probably never use Mallow or Geno except in situations where I'm absolutely forced too. From what I do know about Geno, he's a doll that's inhabited by some spirit, who's apparently the "uber tier" of the game. I don't like these characters. They debut in a game, given an "amazing" back story, and are the strongest character in the game. I don't like these characters, because I feel that we're being forced to like these characters, and I don't appreciate this. Bottom line, I don't like him as a concept of a character, and I don't really want to see him.

I'm sorry for making these assumptions without actually playing the game and fully understanding Geno, but from how overrated he appears, I don't like him.

Predictions: Ivysaur and Squirtle
Good, I need some veteran voting to make me feel better after doing this Geno rating. I understand they might get low chances, but I hope they'll do decently in want (I actually liked these two in Brawl more than Charizard, especially considering how bad Charizard is now, popularity is cruel :c)

Nominations:
Meowth X3
Chibi RoboX2

Steelia

Smash Champion
Geno

Chance: 11%
Even this feels a little generous... There's been a slew of 3rd party support, and even some 3rd party developers going out of their way to have people vote for their characters. But we've heard nothing from Square, and that worries me. Doesn't help that apparently Square and Nintendo haven't been on the best of terms.

Want: 100%
One of my top three, so of course I'd be ecstatic to see him! He has tons of moves, and would make for a unique, speedy glass cannon. Bullets, stars, magic, shooting his hands off like rockets, you name it. I can't imagine what his VA would sound like...

Tomorrow's Prediction: 10% and 5% (is that correct in predicting two characters at once? lol)

Nomination:
x5 Young Link

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
True, but what Square Enix character would you suggest instead? A Chocobo from one of the FF games? A Slime from ones of the Dragon Quest games?
Why not just not have a Square-Enix character? Do we need reasons to not include third parties in a Nintendo crossover?

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Yeah, if you made me pick a Square-Enix character, I'd probably go with Sora as he's a mascot that is an actual character.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
If were going by likelyhood here, then I see this being the case:

1. Black Mage/Agnes/Geno
2. Sora
3. Slime
4. Shu

Black Mage and Agnes: Popular franchises that revolutionized the RPG genre, relevant within Nintendo right now with Bravely Second and Final Fantasy Explorers for Sakurai to decide on for promotion pre-ballot, decently requested, and have a very unique moveset.

Geno and Sora: Both are highly requested (to be considered) and have moveset potential, though one is a one off while the other is not associated with Nintendo has more legal hurdles than most characters.

Slime: From a very popular relevant franchise, though the one thing that kills his chances is his lack of moveset potential in the games, canonically a regular Slime can only tackle a character to inflict damage, nothing more nothing less. With Sakurai's criteria being that third-parties should be unique with a range of moves to offer, and Slime isn't that.

Shu: The least successful franchise from Square right now, I doubt this guy will be playable, he's hardly requested so far to be qualifiable for the ballot, and based on the few games Blue Dragon had, I doubt Square would agree with this guy being playable.

Though their chances aren't that huge at all, Black Mage is at most at 10% chance.

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
If were going by likelyhood here, then I see this being the case:

1. Black Mage/Agnes/Geno
4. Sora
5. Slime
6. Shu

Black Mage and Agnes: Popular franchises that revolutionized the RPG genre, relevant within Nintendo right now with Bravely Second and Final Fantasy Explorers for Sakurai to decide on for promotion pre-ballot, decently requested, and have a very unique moveset.

Geno and Sora: Both are highly requested (to be considered) and have moveset potential, though one is a one off while the other is not associated with Nintendo has more legal hurdles than most characters.

Slime: From a very popular relevant franchise, though the one thing that kills his chances is his lack of moveset potential in the games, canonically a regular Slime can only tackle a character to inflict damage, nothing more nothing less. With Sakurai's criteria being that third-parties should be unique with a range of moves to offer, and Slime isn't that.

Shu: The least successful franchise from Square right now, I doubt this guy will be playable, he's hardly requested so far to be qualifiable for the ballot, and based on the few games Blue Dragon had, I doubt Square would agree with this guy being playable.

Though their chances aren't that huge at all, Black Mage is at most at 10% chance.
I'd rank them something like:

Black Mage > Slime = Agnes >>> Sora > Geno >> Shu

Of course, that's provided Square Enix gets the nod to have a character in Smash to begin with. I think it could be possible in Smash 5, but far from it right now.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Uh guys, as much as I wish Blue Dragon was owned by Square Enix, that's not the case for it. It's owned by Microsoft and developed by Artoon and Mistwalker. Square Enix's only influence is that it had a few of their old developers from there help make the game as they were a part of Mistwalker (like Sakaguchi of Final Fantasy fame).

Last edited:

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3

Chance 30%
Nintendo and Square Enix have been on very good terms lately, and as for Geno's competition with other Square characters- no other Square character has been requested as much Geno. Last I heard, him and Paper Mario were both in the Top Ten in the official Smash Ballot. That has to count for something right?
I believe Geno has a better chance than any other Square-Enix character.

Want 100%
I've wanted Geno in a Smash game for a very, very, VERY long time! He is a character very dear and close to my heart. I have many good old fuzzy nostalgic memories of Super Mario RPG. It's one of the best games ever!
I think if many more of you here would have played SMRPG back in the 16-bit glory days, you'd be feeling very much the same way~

Ivysaur & Squirtle prediction 11%

Nominations:
Ashley x2
Viridi x3

Last edited:

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
Chances: 100%-Yes, the Time is NOW for Geno deserves a chance to be confirmed as a New DLC playable fighter and especially he has incredible spectacular move sets of potential from Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars-SNES, 1996!

Want: 100%-Yes, once Geno is actually & strictly confirmed for DLC in Super Smash Bros Franchise, then hopefully Square-Enix needed to stop being D-I-C-K-S to fans for good Lord's sakes about Copyrights issues etc. and even controversy argument over online social media sites between the true believers & haters that never understand each other truthful opinions of what's true! Btw, Geno would be perfect and be the last thing of my personal mindset of voting between Geno, Shantae, Izuna dgBbgmD Izuna's Big icon.png , Manic
B6p0etP Manic's Icon.png
& Sonia
YtntrLJ Sonia's Icon.png
and a lot more like Neku Sakuraba and Sora from Kingdom Hearts ect.
(Sigh) I sincerely truly hope that Geno shall make it in SMASH BROS in T-I-M-E without any case of setbacks issues from Square-Enix again just like back in those Brawl Days! P.S: Hey, @Geno Boost! #GenoForSmash, no matter what-regardless of HATERS WHO BOUND TO HATE AND if any thing wrong may come!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Geno...in-Smash-4-3DSWii-U-verisons/1722501687975421

Last edited:

Revibe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Revibe
3DS FC
2380-4883-4721
I'm just here to nominate Polygons x5

Seriously, I thought about all the juicy goodness in movesets they could have. Also They were introduced in the very first smash, and I would love to see them return.

Today is about Geno, I heard. Listen, I think Geno would have a better of chance of actually being included into the Smash Series, because he is a TOY. That's right, being a toy alone should greatly increase is plausibility. Shouldn't we all know the lore of that game yet? I mean if some people were not aware, they should reconsider some video game characters that were voted upon.

And yes, I do want Geno in the game. Even if we have some fans in the fan-base that Geek out over him, but they have their reasons. I've got to read some neato stories with sentimental value to them. I'm sure all fan-groups can relate to a degree. Hell, I even wanted to see Ridley playable in the game just so I could crush some of the Ridley fans dreams and send him to the bottom tier for good fun, haha. ... I just don't want smash players to let them let this game tear us apart from having a good promotional Nintendo fun.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Geno

Chances: 0.1%

I am being generous here. Geno is never getting in smash because Square Enix owns the rights to him. He is a super cool character and I know a lot of people want him in. I'm a super big fan of mages in general so I know for sure he would be a really great fighter. I am not sure how popular he really is on the ballot, but we will have to see.

Want: 50%

Great potential, magic abilities, super cool powers, etc. He would be amazing, but I am not holding my breathe. Also, super mario and the legend of the seven stars is an amazing game.

Nominations: KOS-MOS X5 :)

Last edited:

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Past Chance Scores:

Roy: 99%
Ryu: 99%
Wolf: 99%
King K. Rool: 50%
Dixie Kong: 50%
Inklings: 40%
Isaac: 40%
Snake: 30%
Impa: 30%
Captain Toad: 30%
Chorus Kids: 20%
Rayman: 20%
Pichu: 20%
Bandana Dee: 20%
Paper Mario: 15%
Krystal: 15%
Wonder Red: 15%
Tetra: 15%
Daisy: 10%
Ray: 10%
Ice Climbers: 10%
Sceptile: 5%
Magolor: 5%
Lip: 5%
Banjo-Kazooie: 5%
Henry Fleming: 3%
Ninten: 1%
Simon Belmont: 1%
Phoenix Wright: 1%
Quote: 1%
Shantae: 1%
Shovel Knight: 0.5%
Midna & Wolf Link: 0.5%
Ridley: 0%

DLC Alternate Costumes: 65%
Promoted NPCs: 0.5%

Past Want Scores:

Banjo-Kazooie: 100%
King K. Rool: 100%
Ice Climbers: 100%
Isaac: 100%
Ridley: 100%
Dixie Kong: 100%
Wolf: 100%
Rayman: 70%
Lip: 70%
Simon Belmont: 60%
Captain Toad: 60%
Inklings: 55%
Snake: 50%
Impa: 50%
Ray: 50%
Wonder Red: 50%
Magolor: 40%
Ryu: 35%
Tetra: 30%
Phoenix Wright: 25%
Roy: 20%
Bandana Dee: 20%
Henry Fleming: 20%
Pichu: 20%
Paper Mario: 5%
Krystal: 5%
Ninten: 5%
Quote: 5%
Chorus Kids: 5%
Shantae: 0%
Shovel Knight: 0%
Sceptile: 0%
Daisy: 0%
Midna & Wolf Link: 0%

Promoted NPCs: 100%
DLC Alternate Costumes: 50%

Geno's chance: 0.5%

Want: 0%

I don't think he stands much of a chance and I've personally never cared for the idea. I don't have time to go into further details right now.

Squirtle prediction: 24.86%

Ivysaur prediction: 25.38%

Nominations: Karate Joe x5

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I seriously hope that 100% is ignored. Its obviously trolling.

Fawful has a better chance of being playable then Geno does, being in 3 rpgs and is the main antagonist of the actual most critically acclaimed mario rpg.

The only thing Geno has going for him is popularity, even that isn't as high as people make it out to be.

Fire_Voyager

Smash Journeyman
Geno:
Chances: 1%
Want: 50% it would be cool to have another projectile heavy character :4megaman:, and something related to the SNES era, all the retro characters are from the NES...

:ivysaur::squirtle:
Predictions:
no more than 20%

Noms
Bub/Bob x5

IMO
Geno (SMRPG) / Agnes (BD) / Chrono(CT) > Warrior of Light (ff1) / Black Mage / White Mage / Red Mage > Terra (ff6) / Cecil (ff4) / Luneth (ff3) / Neku (TWEWY) >>>>>> Sora...

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Geno
Chance: 1% - He's a third party character with a secondary role in a 19 year old game who's only other appearance was a very small cameo. He even failed to appear in Mario Hoops and Mario Sports Mix. The Mario franchise is filled to the brim with many iconic characters like Toad, Daisy, Waluigi, King Boo, and Birdo who all have much more impressive resumes. Including Geno would just feel random.
Want: 20% - I never understood his massive cult following.

Squirtle prediction: 20%
Ivysaur prediction: 17%

Nominations: DLC Music Pack x5

DAY OVER
PLEASE WAIT WHILE I CALCULATE THE RESULTS

Last edited:

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
Geno

Chance: 1.5%. Being a one-off character with a cameo in one or two other games, his odds aren't that good, even though the RPG is quite good. He is quite insignificant (no offense) when compared to others like Fawful or even Waluigi. Popularity is the only thing keeping him afloat.

Want: .5%. Never played the game myself, nor have I watched a let's-play of it, so I don't really have any emotional attachment nor do I understand why he is so popular.

It is certainly high, it has gained almost all of the fanbase from Brawl back together since the ballot announcement.
Interesting... Then maybe his chances may increase. I still hesitate though.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
GENO
CHANCE: 4.29%
WANT: 28.79%
Next up we have our very first double rating, both Squirtle and Ivysaur. Also please predict what rating Professor Layton will get tomorrow.

D

Deleted member

Squirtle and Ivysaur - The missing two thirds of the Pokemon Trainer

Chance: 20%

I don't recall these two Pokemon being very popular during the Brawl era, but I don't remember any hatred towards them. I don't see many requests for their return, so I'm leaning towards their exclusion.

Viewing their situation from a glass half full perspective, it could be worse. At least neither of them are Geno or a Konami character.

Want: 80%

Sure. I wouldn't mind their return.

Prediction: Professor Layton - 10%

This thread is sorely missing @Groose.

Nomination: Zael x5

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
Squirtle & Ivysaur
Chance 3% both
I see no real reason to put them in they are cool in project M but for any other reason besides being vets I don't see anything really and we already got a perfect 6 pokemon team.

Want 65% squirtle
he felt really nimble he was fun in brawl and like a ninja

20% Ivysaur
He was a bit clunky to play as in brawl for me personally but hey he has whips different game play.

Nomination
3rd party 2nds x5

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Squirtle
Chance: 59%

Imo, all veterans (except maybe Ice Climbers and Snake) are more likely than they are unlikely. Squirtle is a veteran. He also has a unique moveset.

Want: 60%

I would like to see all cut characters back

Ivysaur

Chance: 55%

Not as popular as squirtle, but would give us a grass starter. Either way, he is a veteran.

Want: 60%

Again, cut characters should all come back, I don't care if it means a lot of pokemon.

nominate R.O.B. eye bug fix x5

prediction: Layton 8.4%

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Squirtle and Ivysaur
Chance: 45% (both)
I see both as equally likely, since Sakurai doesn't think in terms of series reps or starter type triangles or whatever else is being thrown around regarding Ivysaur's chances. Them being veterans helps their chances, but there's also the fact that the Pokémon Trainer concept was dropped entirely, and Charizard was the only one of the three to return. Transforming characters like this were removed entirely, but in the other cases (Sheik, ZSS) we got both the original and transformation - maybe they were considered early on, and dropped for whatever reason? If they get enough support they've got a decent chance, but I'm not really seeing it anywhere.

Want: 15% (both)
They were interesting, but I didn't care for them all that much. There are plenty of other Pokémon I'd pick before them.

Prediction for Professor Layton: 17.63%

Nominations:
DLC characters to get custom moves x2
Anna (Fire Emblem) x3

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Squirtle and Ivysaur

Chance: 60%

Taking Sakurai's claim of getting "as much DLC as possible", I think theirs a decent chance we could see the two of them back in Smash. It's not major or anything but it's still decent.

Want: 85%

I'm all in for vets to return to the game. I also liked playing as both characters in Brawl so that's a bonus.

Prediction
Layton: 40%

Nominations
*Concept: Decloned Roy* X4
*Concept: Roy has his Awakening attire as his default* X1

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Squirtle and Ivysaur Chance:
10%
I think both of these guys have similar chances, so I'll group them together this time.

The only things going for them is that they are veterans really; that's what will help their chances pre-ballot wise, though they aren't easy to make clones like Young Link or Pichu, they require more development time. And there isn't much regarding them with upcoming Pokemon games, as none so far have given them major roles to put them at a top priority.

Other than that, there's not much else helping their inclusion really, I'm kinda blank with positives here.

Squirtle Want:

5%
Probably the least inspiring Smash Bros character in existence IMO.

Ivysaur Want:
45% I actually like this guy a bit more only because his awesome reach with his vine attacks and surprisingly useful aerials.

Professor Layton Prediction:
13.532% This is probably going to get more controversial whether or not he's an icon in video gaming. Not gonna give a crap about it. :p

Nominations:
x5 Young Link

Troykv

Smash Master
GENO
CHANCE: 4.29%
WANT: 28.79%
Next up we have our very first double rating, both Squirtle and Ivysaur. Also please predict what rating Professor Layton will get tomorrow.
Wow... Geno was saved of be the character with the worst Chance for some fans's help xD

Anyway...
____

Squirtle & Ivysaur (I will give them the same Chance Rate... Squirtle is most popular... but Ivysaur has other thing to be considered: Her? Grass Type)

Chance (Both): 30%
Not exactly the most wanted veteran in Smash (that achivement is to Wolf)... But Still Vets, have base to work and don't are unpopular, redundants (Young Link) or hated (Pichu)... That really boost their chance.

Want (Squirtle): 50%

I prefer use other Pokémon over here... but still... I don't have strong feels in one or other side.

Want (Ivysaur): 80%

Yeah! It's my favorite Pokémon character in Brawl... it's so... unique, I love ... her?

Predictions: Professor Layton

Chance: 16%
Want: 48%

Nominations:

Micaiah x4
Kos-mos x1

Last edited:

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Squirtle: 5%
I just don't see it when we have so many more deserving contenders. Don't get me wrong, Squirtle was a fun character (although incredibly useless imo) and i truly hate it when fighting games remove characters but there are just so many possibilties for DLC that squirtle just wouldn't really excite many people. He isn't exactly Ridley or even Snake. If anything i think people would start going ballistic over ANOTHER pokemon rep while other series have so little (*Cough* Sonic *Cough*).

Want: 25%
Solely because im sure some people liked him alot and he got removed. I don't like him that much though so I'm rolling with 25%.

Ivysaur: 5%
Same case as Squirtle: Wouldn't generate hype, more deserving contenders, boring, etc.

Want: 10%
At least squirtle was fun. I like Ivysaur as a pokemon but as a Smash fighter he left me with many bad memories. Honestly if i could switch bewteen squirtle and Charizard in matches and skip Ivysaur entirely i feel like i could have done much better. Either way i wouldn't spend as much on ivysaur and squirtle seperatly as i did Mewtwo. Maybe if they came in a bundle.....

JBRPG

Smash Journeyman
Okay... Here's my turn...

Ivysaur:

Chance: 30%
Want: 30%

Squirtle:

Chance: 20%
Want:30%

While Starter types are not a huge priority, its a fat chance that either of those two would make it.

However I propose a crazy idea: WHAT IF SQUIRTLE AND IVYSAUR WERE TOGETHER AS ONE? (Squirtle riding on Ivysaur it just too crazy good an idea since duck and dog in Duck hunt worked well because of realistically perceived size ratio)

Think about it, the two would execute their best strengths while sharing the weakness of extra weight and slightly higher knockback.

Nomination: Bayonetta x 5

Prediction:
Layton Chance: 7%

RetroBro

Smash Ace
Both - 1% Chance - With the recent inclusion of Mewtwo, another pokemon seems very unlikely at this point.

Both - 20% Want - It'd be nice to see them come back, but I'm not too worried about them.

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
Squirtle and Ivysaur
Chance- 20%
Honestly, they'd be pretty logical DLC additions. That being said, they aren't as demanded as other cut veterans, and I'm not sure if the team wants to spend more time working on Pokemon characters. Not saying that there is some kind of "rep limit" (maybe there is, maybe there isn't), but I could definitely see them wanting some more variety. Maybe it's just me that would get bored.
Want- 40%
Indifferent. I guess a little less as it means less time to work on other characters that I am not so indifferent about.

Professor Layton Predictions- 25%
Nominations:

Crono x5

Top Bottom