• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
Yup, despite all your negativy, I'm still supporting him. :p (And I'll support him until the end~)
And that's fangirl (my hating friend !), thank you very much ;p

You call this a "Pheonix Wright" debate ? I would call it more "Hater-Fans" debate in my opinion.
I won't argue your vision of "cool" characters. In mine, he is. We have personal reasons why we think that way. uvu
I guess we find Greninja cool 'cause he's a ninja. As for Geno, it's more his "Star Possessed Doll Gunner" part.
I find Pichu cute too ! I have nothing against him. Heck, bring Pichu back Nintendo ! I wouldn't mind much. As I said, I'm more in the troller side for Pichu (Hmmm tears, my favorite drink ewe *shot* Ok I'm going too far there-- xD)

True, Pichu have more chance because he was a veteran. But didn't Sakurai hate Pichu ? He was given a pretty bad description on his trophy if I recall. (And again, same thing, Geno is not only owned by Square Enix. Nintendo still have his part too.)
Pichu's still a veteran, so even he has a better chance (and Pichu is also being owned by Nintendo directly, so...).

Also, don't view me as a "hater", I'm not "hating" the character. I would like him if it wasn't for the s***y fanboys who still think their favorite character has a single chance when all the evidence and facts points out the contrary (just look at the most hardcore Shantae fans, they're mostly just perverts who wants to have a 3D view of her dancing in the middle of a fight). Also, I hate people who STILL consider him a Nintendo character when he's owned by Square Enix (just so that they have a reason to have him in Smash, even when the said reason is FAKE).

My vision of "cool" is more general. "Cool" is supposed to design a character or person that the young respect because of its personality (not weapons or social status, unlike "Gee, no" and ***in' :4greninja: who both have the latter only). Most of the time, the mysterious persons/characters are (and should) be considered "cool" (examples being Proto Man, :4metaknight:/:metaknight: and :rosalina: to an extend).

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Geno ---
chance
: 10% - If Nintendo and Square wanted to bring back the character, he would be added at least in some of the other recent collaborations, like Fortune Street, Mario Hoops 3-on-3 and Mario Sports Mix. Though I heard that the current director of the M&L series wanting to bring Geno & Mallow somehow.. (maybe Square finally agreed to sell the characters) so, I'll give an extra credit with that 10%. =P

want: 0%; never was a big fan, honestly.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Pichu's still a veteran, so even he has a better chance (and Pichu is also being owned by Nintendo directly, so...).

Also, don't view me as a "hater", I'm not "hating" the character. I would like him if it wasn't for the s***y fanboys who still think their favorite character has a single chance when all the evidence and facts points out the contrary (just look at the most hardcore Shantae fans, they're mostly just perverts who wants to have a 3D view of her dancing in the middle of a fight). Also, I hate people who STILL consider him a Nintendo character when he's owned by Square Enix (just so that they have a reason to have him in Smash, even when the said reason is FAKE).

My vision of "cool" is more general. "Cool" is supposed to design a character or person that the young respect because of its personality (not weapons or social status, unlike "Gee, no" and ***in' :4greninja: who both have the latter only). Most of the time, the mysterious persons/characters are (and should) be considered "cool" (examples being Proto Man, :4metaknight:/:metaknight: and :rosalina: to an extend).
The bold is not cool man.

D

Deleted member

You're kidding, right? You're claiming that they wouldn't let him join because he wouldn't be more marketable than other characters? Smash bros. has allowed several characters that were considerably less marketable than other potential fighters for the roster before( examples include; Mr.Game&Watch, Ice Climbers, Roy, Pit, R.O.B, and Duck Hunt Dog).
Unlike those characters, Geno doesn't have some sort of legacy or longevity like those characters do.
Mr. Game & Watch represents Nintendo's first handhelds: Game & Watch. He was created before Mario.
The Ice Climbers have a game on the NES and I guess it was popular.
Roy was put in for promotion for sure, but the return of Roy will represent something much bigger; the GBA Fire Emblem games are by far some of the more impactful and popular games in the franchise.
Pit was highly requested from America and was born the same year as Link and Zelda.
ROB has historical significance; he saved gaming as a whole.
Duck Hunt Dog comes from one of the best selling shooters of all-time.

Geno is just a one-off from an RPG.

You believe SE would rather let characters from their most popular franchises join even though it's practically agreed that they're extremely stingy with their IPs? There's no way they'd ever request their most popular characters, especially if it's common knowledge that they( most likely) wouldn't let those characters join even if Nintendo made a request for them. If Nintendo would ask for Geno, then they'd only be talking about Geno.Unless you can show me about 4-5 games that SE and Sony collaborated on, you can't just casually claim that they have more of a relationship together than SE does with Nintendo.
Yes I do believe that. Why put in Geno when you can put in Cloud Strife or Lightning? I can't agree with either of them, but Cloud Strife comes from Final Fantasy VII, the most popular of all Final Fantasies. Then we have Lightning, who Square has been promoting the hell out of.
As for Square's relationship with Sony, tell me all of the Final Fantasies that I have been missing on a Nintendo console that aren't on the Virtual Console or are spin-offs or are remakes? After 6, none of the mainline games reached on Nintendo's consoles. Sure, there haven't been any collaborations, but it shows us that Square has an iffy relationship with Nintendo.

Any response you give, I won't be answering to because I will find it to be mostly pointless banter from already established facts; Geno is irrelevant to Nintendo, Square, and the Mario series and he isn't highly requested.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Yeah, but Paper Mario doesn't have the catchy up-beat music and engaging experience that made SMRPG a very fun game to play. It still has good music though.
Blasphemy! PM64 and TTYD were infinitely more memorable and engaging experiences to me personally. I was absolutely engrossed in everything about them. I sure enjoyed SMRPG. It made me smile a lot. But it was and felt like a standalone package, that was in hindsight, for me, definitely improved upon by its two successor subseries. Paper Mario is the one I want more of. I would welcome Geno and Mallow back with open arms in any Mario RPG or spinoff, but they weren't really more or less memorable than most of the PM partners or major characters (like Fawful) of M&L.

My opinion out of the way though, I know people that could go back and forth all day about SMRPG, PM64, TTYD, and at least the first three Mario & Luigi games about which is better. Like much of the Zelda series, there is no "right" answer about which Mario RPG is the best. To each their own, and they're all fantastic (and I love them way more than any Mario 2D platformer game).

Last edited:

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Oh gosh. This was inevitable. Ughh
Chance: 0%
Geno in Smash? GeNO way is that going to happen. He's a third party character who is in no way close to the level of Sonic, Mega Man, or Pac-Man. He was playable in one game and had a cameo in another. That's it. The only reason he's "popular" is because people hopped aboard that bandwagon when Sakurai called him "interesting". If Square was to put a character in Smash, it would definitely be one of their biggest characters, like Sora, a Final Fantasy character, or someone from Dragon Quest. Geno will never happen. His fans just need to give up. He has just about no reason to be included. As a Mario character, there are more than 10 who deserve a spot more. Toad, Daisy, Waluigi, King Boo, Shy Guy, Kamek, I could go on.

Want: 0%
I don't care for Geno at all. I would be indifferent, but his fans (not all, just some) are flat out toxic. They refuse to accept any facts that point away from him being playable. If Sakurai lost all common sense and added Bandwagon the Third Party into Smash, I don't even know. Geno is perfectly represented in Smash as of now. Prefectly represented = nowhere in it.

Squirtle & Ivysaur Prediction: 15.1% (There's a pun in there)

Nominations:
9-Volt (almost there)

Last edited:

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
Oh gosh. This was inevitable. Ughh
Geno in Smash? GeNO way is that going to happen. He's a third party character who is in no way close to the level of Sonic, Mega Man, or Pac-Man. He was playable in one game and had a cameo in another. That's it. The only reason he's "popular" is because people hopped aboard that bandwagon when Sakurai called him "interesting". If Square was to put a character in Smash, it would definitely be one of their biggest characters, like Sora or someone from Dragon Quest. Geno will never happen. His fans just need to give up. He has just about no reason to be included. As a Mario character, there are more than 10 who deserve a spot more. Toad, Daisy, Waluigi, King Boo, Shy Guy, Kamek, I could go on.

I don't care for Geno at all. I would be indifferent, but his fans (not all, just some) are flat out toxic. They refuse to accept any facts that point away from him being playable. If Sakurai lost all common sense and added Bandwagon the Third Party into Smash, I don't even know. Geno is perfectly represented in Smash as of now. Prefectly represented = nowhere in it.

Squirtle & Ivysaur Prediction: 15.1% (There's a pun in there)

Nominations:
9-Volt (almost there)
I LOVE all of the characters in bold, and I would LOVE to see all of them in Smash! (9-Volt's gonna have to wait, because I'm still thinking about his "moveset potential". Unlike King Boo, who gave me the idea of him being a Rosalina clone, except with a Boo instead of a Luma, and a ghost painting with ghastly gaz coming out of it as a Final Smash. Everything else, Side Special aside, but the Boo could throw ghastly gaz with it, is already the same than Rosalina's moveset... And Dragon Quest will have to wait, because I want Nintendo characters before everything else, and by "everything else", I mean OSTs, new stages and 3rd-party characters).

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
I LOVE all of the characters in bold, and I would LOVE to see all of them in Smash! (9-Volt's gonna have to wait, because I'm still thinking about his "moveset potential". Unlike King Boo, who gave me the idea of him being a Rosalina clone, except with a Boo instead of a Luma, and a ghost painting with ghastly gaz coming out of it as a Final Smash. Everything else, Side Special aside, but the Boo could throw ghastly gaz with it, is already the same than Rosalina's moveset... And Dragon Quest will have to wait, because I want Nintendo characters before everything else, and by "everything else", I mean OSTs, new stages and 3rd-party characters).
Same, but I was just saying if Square did get a character in Smash, it would be someone like that and not Geno

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Speaking of questionable ownerships, did Nintendo even acquire the none -blade entries in the Xeno- series in the Monolith Soft acquisition? (Xenogears and the Xenosaga games?) I know they fully own the Baten Kaitos series, but they also helped distribute and publish it as an exclusive.

KOS-MOS has a day coming up, and I feel this question needs to be properly addressed beforehand. Regardless, her Nintendo appearances are limited to a DS remake, Project X Zone and a tiny Baten Kaitos cameo as a collectible. Due to her PxZ appearance as a Namco Bandai rep, I am inclined to believe they retained 100% ownership.

Last edited:

Mario123311

Smash Ace
Absolutely none.

Not only do I think this character is obscure and overrequested, but the Mario Roster is already TOO BIG at this point. I'd rather have Rocket Slime as a Square rep if anything.

So yeah, Please shut up about Geno. People who keep requesting him are what made me avoid playing SMRPG for the longest time.

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
Absolutely none.

Not only do I think this character is obscure and overrequested, but the Mario Roster is already TOO BIG at this point. I'd rather have Rocket Slime as a Square rep if anything.

So yeah, Please shut up about Geno. People who keep requesting him are what made me avoid playing SMRPG for the longest time.
Bold = Semi-sorta what happened to me. Geno fans kept me away from playing the damn game FOR A VERY LONG TIME! (And even when I played the game, they, alongside a bug because I was on a emulator, made me give up by still supporting their character despite said character having NEAR ZERO chances to be in a crossover).

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Okay, I'll just nominate other characters to make sure the "DLC characters get custom moves" day doesn't happen this Sunday. And don't dare to push it towards the top of the nomination list without me, okay? :demon:

Nominating:
Playable newcomer: Elma x5

Last edited:

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
Okay, I'll just nominate other characters to make sure the "DLC characters get custom moves" day doesn't happen this Sunday. And don't dare to push it towards the top of the nomination list without me, okay? :demon:

Nominating:
Playable newcomer: Elma x5
... I feel stupid by asking but... Who's Elma?

MatvaradoxD

Smash Cadet
Geno
Wish he'd have more of a chance but I don't think Sakurai would include him, there's already more than enough 3rd party reps, and I don't think Square-Enix would give him up either. They probably don't even care for him as well. I wonder if he has any support for the Ballot.

Want: 100%
I thought he was an awesome character in Super Mario RPG and the same goes for Mallow. Unfortunately they are on the obscure side and people stopped caring for Geno's inclusion since the Brawl days.

Predictions
Squirtle & Ivysaur - Chance: 36%

Nominations:
Mach Rider x5

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
... I feel stupid by asking but... Who's Elma?
A major character from the new title Xenoblade Chronicles X, recently released in Japan and going to be released overseas soon.

(I personally don't care that much about rating her, but I absolutely want to be there for the "DLC characters get custom moves" day and as such I'm trying to make it not happen this Sunday when I'll be absolutely unable to rate by making the concept outnominated by other characters.)

Last edited:

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
A major character from the new title Xenoblade Chronicles X, recently released in Japan and going to be released overseas soon.

(I personally don't care that much about rating her, but I absolutely want to be there for the "DLC characters get custom moves" day and as such I'm trying to make it not happen this Sunday when I'll be absolutely unable to rate by making the concept outnominated by other characters.)
I see. I don't think that's a good choice, though. (There's no Wii U rep yet, and I don't think Sakurai would want to add one. If he did, one would have appeared in the base game. The newest characters we have are from the 3DS era, right after the Wii era, who keeps getting more characters)

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
A quick rating:

Chance: 5%
A single appearance, not well known, all that.

Don't really care, haven't played the game yet. Other characters more important than him deserve a chance.

Nominations:
Abel (SMT: Devil Survivor) or any other SMT character x 5

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
But you forgot Final Fantasy, though.
Edited it in there.
Absolutely none.

I know right. i still don't want to play it because of those fans... and I prefer Paper Mario

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
You shouldn't dismiss the game completely just because of the fans man. :L
Seriously, you're missing out on an amazing Mario RPG, and the only way you'll understand why people want is through buying and playing the game.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
@ ShinyRegice ShinyRegice

If you wanna switch your noms, starting tonight, I will help nominate your concept to the top to ensure we rate it Thursday or Friday.

Right now, it's looking like:
Tues - Squirtle / Ivysaur
Wed - Professor Layton
Thurs, Fri, and Sat - Custom moves, KOS-MOS, and Spyro, in some order

Last edited:

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
You shouldn't dismiss the game completely just because of the fans man. :L
Seriously, you're missing out on an amazing Mario RPG, and the only way you'll understand why people want is through buying and playing the game.
The fans only kept me away from it (and they are doing it now too, but I've played the game between before and now... I didn't go very far into the game, though, and I haven't seen Geno yet).

Slime > Black Mage > Agnes > Sora > Shu > Geno.

Any objections? :smirk:
Even while both being Daisy supporters, we're still able to disagree with each other: Black/White Mage should be in front of Slime, due to Final Fantasy having more importance (and more plot, and being more popular).

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Yes I do believe that. Why put in Geno when you can put in Cloud Strife or Lightning? I can't agree with either of them, but Cloud Strife comes from Final Fantasy VII, the most popular of all Final Fantasies. Then we have Lightning, who Square has been promoting the hell out of.
As for Square's relationship with Sony, tell me all of the Final Fantasies that I have been missing on a Nintendo console that aren't on the Virtual Console or are spin-offs or are remakes? After 6, none of the mainline games reached on Nintendo's consoles. Sure, there haven't been any collaborations, but it shows us that Square has an iffy relationship with Nintendo.
Cloud and Lightning wouldn't make any sense, though. They're both iconic of an era of Final Fantasy that isn't related to Nintendo, and they haven't even shown up on Nintendo systems outside of Theatrythm. I figure SE would go with Black Mage, if anyone.

But yeah, Geno's a long shot at best.

Bold = Semi-sorta what happened to me. Geno fans kept me away from playing the damn game FOR A VERY LONG TIME! (And even when I played the game, they, alongside a bug because I was on a emulator, made me give up by still supporting their character despite said character having NEAR ZERO chances to be in a crossover).
Wait...are you saying your tipping point for losing interest in a character was running into a bug in an emulated version of their source game?

How does that make any sense?

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Even while both being Daisy supporters, we're still able to disagree with each other: Black/White Mage should be in front of Slime.
I feel the same way, but Dragon Quest's relationship with Nintendo and Japanese popularity beats Final Fantasy in the end. Even if he had made appearances in a few Mario titles, Square would have a bigger hard-on for Slime because he's cuter and more marketable. If he somehow doesn't manage to get enough requests in the ballot in comparison to him or make it in Smash 5, there's still Super Smash Flash 2 to play. :urg:

Leaf_It

Smash Cadet
First time voting here.

Geno:
Chance: 10% - Doesn't seem too likely in comparison to all the other mario characters that have a lot more support, but he still has a small chance.
Want: 50% - I wouldn't mind him. I'll be excited for any new characters no matter who they are, even if I might want some more than others.

Prediction: 25% - 25%

Nominations:
x2 Birdo (Surprised I haven't seen anything for this character)
x2 Flying Man (From Earth Bound. Flying bird men from the Magicant stage)
x1 Concept 4th type of Mii fighter(maybe a Magic Mii).

D

Deleted member

Speaking of questionable ownerships, did Nintendo even acquire the none -blade entries in the Xeno- series in the Monolith Soft acquisition? (Xenogears and the Xenosaga games?) I know they fully own the Baten Kaitos series, but they also helped distribute and publish it as an exclusive.

KOS-MOS has a day coming up, and I feel this question needs to be properly addressed beforehand. Regardless, her Nintendo appearances are limited to a DS remake, Project X Zone and a tiny Baten Kaitos cameo as a collectible. Due to her PxZ appearance as a Namco Bandai rep, I am inclined to believe they retained 100% ownership.
Nintendo didn't acquire the rights to Xenogears or Xenosaga after purchasing Monolith Soft. They are still individual properties of Square Enix and Bandai Namco, respectively. Xenogears is currently available on the PSN Store without any involvement from Nintendo, and Katsuhiro Harada of Bandai Namco has expressed interest in releasing a Xenosaga HD collection, which also wouldn't require Nintendo's outside help.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
I feel the same way, but Dragon Quest's relationship with Nintendo and Japanese popularity beats Final Fantasy in the end. Even if he had made appearances in a few Mario titles, Square would have a bigger hard-on for Slime because he's cuter and more marketable. If he somehow doesn't manage to get enough requests in the ballot in comparison to him or make it in Smash 5, there's still Super Smash Flash 2 to play. :urg:
I wouldn't be so sure. Final Fantasy got its start through Nintendo, was a key franchise through the first half of the 90s, and has much more worldwide support than Dragon Quest (which hasn't even gotten out of Japan lately).

Plus, Black Mage has a leg, arm, and staff up on Slime as far as moveset potential goes.

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
Wait...are you saying your tipping point for losing interest in a character was running into a bug in an emulated version of their source game?

How does that make any sense?
A bug out of all reasons you left the game, and you haven't met Geno yet.
I really recommend going back to the game, seriously don't let that discourage you so easily.
To Delzethin: No, It was first because of the fans (that I didn't have interest in the source game, let alone the character), THEN (after playing the game for some time) because of BOTH the glitch and the fans.
To BluePikmin11: I could go back to try to play the game, but the glitch is still in my emulator's ROM (It messes up the dialogues so bad that I can't even read it).

Slime... I'm having trouble seeing what kind of attacks he would do (And I don't believe any character from the Dragon Quest series has enough attacks either), so...

I wouldn't be so sure. Final Fantasy got its start through Nintendo, was a key franchise through the first half of the 90s, and has much more worldwide support than Dragon Quest (which hasn't even gotten out of Japan lately).

Plus, Black Mage has a leg, arm, and staff up on Slime as far as moveset potential goes.
Basically what I've wanted to add to what I was going to say to Azure Warrior until I've saw your post. (Also, "Dragon Quest Sentinels of the Firmament" got out in Europe, for the Nintendo DS).

Last edited:

Mario123311

Smash Ace
I have actually finally played SMRPG recently thanks to a friend this year and while I do find it fun I still prefer the M&L games better... And I haven't gotten far to see Geno yet either. And hopefully it will be like that for quite some time honestly.

At this point I am so fed up with Geno that if I actually see him in the game I will not be happy at all. Not only ovefilling the Mario roster but bringing a boring obscure character that won't get anyone excited for Smash these days honestly. Seriously Rosalina was ENOUGH at this point. I like Mario but we have enough Mario characters in the game already.

Plus he is Square Enix's property and honestly I'd MUCH prefer "Rocket"/Slime of Dragon Quest fame rather than Geno or some generic Final Fantasy character, simply because he fits what I think makes Smash Bros. unique as being an "Oddball Character".

You don't see characters like Mario, Pac-Man and Sonic in other fighting games.... okay maybe not But certainly all together like this. Plus Pac-Man here doesn't require a stupid mech like SFxT.

Last edited:

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
I have actually finally played SMRPG recently thanks to a friend this year and while I do find it fun I still prefer the M&L games better... And I haven't gotten far to see Geno yet either. And hopefully it will be like that for quite some time honestly.

At this point I am so fed up with Geno that if I actually see him in the game I will not be happy at all. Not only ovefilling the Mario roster but bringing a boring obscure character that won't get anyone excited for Smash these days honestly. Seriously Rosalina was ENOUGH at this point. I like Mario but we have enough Mario characters in the game already.

Plus he is Square Enix's property and honestly I'd MUCH prefer "Rocket"/Slime of Dragon Quest fame rather than Geno or some generic Final Fantasy character, simply because he fits what I think makes Smash Bros. unique as being an "Oddball Character".

You don't see characters like Mario, Pac-Man and Sonic in other fighting games.... okay maybe not But certainly all together like this. Plus Pac-Man here doesn't require a stupid mech like SFxT.

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987

1. Daisy would complete the famed "Three Mario Princesses" trio, King Boo would be a nice addition as either a stage boss or a Rosalina clone (or semi-clone, but whatever floats your boat), etc....
2. Actually, the FF generic characters would still fit (Black/White Mage in the style of Robin, for example).

THIS was the worst design of Mega Man EVER!

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue

Get to Geno and the Forest Maze now bruh.

StormC

Smash Hero
I've never understood why people think Black Mage is a likely candidate for Square-Enix representation, or a good one.

When Snake was first revealed at E3 2006, people's first thoughts were not "oh my God, I can't believe the Metal Gear universe is going to be represented by Super Smash Bros.!" The prevailing thought was "Solid Snake has joined Super Smash Bros.!" Third party characters are big names in addition to being attached to big franchises. Representing a series like Final Fantasy by a literal no-name drone doesn't strike me as the most exciting idea. I'm not advocating for the addition of a character like Cloud (though I wouldn't object), but there should be more to a character being added than "they'll represent this series."

Last edited:

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
I've never understood why people think Black Mage is a likely candidate for Square-Enix representation, or a good one.

When Snake was first revealed at E3 2006, people's first thoughts were not "oh my God, I can't believe the Metal Gear universe is going to be represented by Super Smash Bros.!" The prevailing thought was "Solid Snake has joined Super Smash Bros.!" Third party characters are big names in addition to being attached to big franchises. Representing a series like Final Fantasy by a literal no-name drone doesn't strike me as the most exciting idea. I'm not advocating for the addition of a character like Cloud (though I wouldn't object), but there should be more to a character being added than "they'll represent this series."
True, but what Square Enix character would you suggest instead? A Chocobo from one of the FF games? A Slime from ones of the Dragon Quest games?

Last edited:
Top Bottom