• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Except Dark Samus is not a third Samus...might as well say that Wario is a third Mario in that case...
The comparison doesn't really make sense.
Dark Samus is an evil Samus with Phazon.
If you consider Dark Pit a Pit, you can't say that Dark Samus is not a Samus, lol.

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
But Wario's an evil Mario with garlic.
Wario is one of Mario's rivals that has similar clothes to him.
The Wa=Evil thing is just because they look "similar" and are rivals.

Dark Samus is a Metroid Prime that absorbed Samus's Phazon Suit and her DNA, it has part of Samus in its body, it has Samus's appearance, it has some of Samus abilities and it has Samus in its name.

Last edited:

Amiiben

Smash Cadet
Ray chance 15% he has a cult classic in Japan, but everywhere else he has very little support. Want 80% I Love custom robo and he would work in smash but I want the Drill gun. Ryu X5​

Last edited:

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Past Chance Scores:

Roy: 99%
Wolf: 99%
King K. Rool: 50%
Dixie Kong: 50%
Inklings: 40%
Isaac: 40%
Snake: 30%
Impa: 30%
Captain Toad: 30%
Chorus Kids: 20%
Rayman: 20%
Bandana Dee: 20%
Paper Mario: 15%
Krystal: 15%
Wonder Red: 15%
Ice Climbers: 10%
Sceptile: 5%
Magolor: 5%
Banjo-Kazooie: 5%
Henry Fleming: 3%
Quote: 1%
Shantae: 1%
Shovel Knight: 0.5%
Midna & Wolf Link: 0.5%
Ridley: 0%

DLC Alternate Costumes: 65%
Promoted NPCs: 0.5%

Past Want Scores:

Banjo-Kazooie: 100%
King K. Rool: 100%
Ice Climbers: 100%
Isaac: 100%
Ridley: 100%
Dixie Kong: 100%
Wolf: 100%
Rayman: 70%
Captain Toad: 60%
Inklings: 55%
Snake: 50%
Impa: 50%
Wonder Red: 50%
Magolor: 40%
Roy: 20%
Bandana Dee: 20%
Henry Fleming: 20%
Paper Mario: 5%
Krystal: 5%
Quote: 5%
Chorus Kids: 5%
Shantae: 0%
Shovel Knight: 0%
Midna & Wolf Link: 0%
Sceptile: 0%

Promoted NPCs: 100%
DLC Alternate Costumes: 50%

Don't really have much to say about today's character.

Ray's chances: 10%

No longer being an assist is a plus, but his series is dormant and fairly obscure. Isaac has more of a chance as far as ex-ATs go.

Want: 50%

New franchises are nice but overall I'm indifferent to him.

Tetra prediction: 13.45%

She'll do better than Midna & Wolf Link, at least.

Nominations: Squirtle x5

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Ray
Chance: 7.4%
This is one of those characters I feel would have been in the base game if he were to become playable. Doesn't seem to have enough support and recognition to be considered for DLC. The fact that he isn't an Assist anymore might make him a more likely candidate, but it can easily just mean that Sakurai doesn't feel the need to represent the franchise in Smash to even that extent anymore. I'll give the Custom Robo a score of 7.4%.
May or may not be on Sakurai's radar...

Want: 20%
Ray seems like a cooler choice to me than a lot of what's going around at the moment, but I don't have any personal connection.

Prediction - Tetra: 16.4%

Nominations:
x5 Toon Zelda

Mishudo

Smash Journeyman
Ray:

Chances: 25%

+AT in Brawl
+First Party
+Several Games
+Some fan following
+Unique moveset potential
+/- Trophy and AT were removed in Smash 4
-Hasn't had a game recently
-Not too much of a following

Want: 100%
I believe the AT was just a small taste of what Ray can do, and if you have ever played any custom robo games, you will realize the sheer amount of moveset potential this guy has, even though he is another robot. It just felt right when he was on stage fighting along side you in brawl, and I would be overwhelmed with happiness if he made it in. Is it impossible? No. But is it likely? Unfortunately not.

Predictions: Tetra 9%

Nominations:
Zael x3
Bayonetta x2

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Ray Chance: 8%
His AT was cut for unknown reasons, but he has not much else going for him.

Don't really care

Tetra Prediction: 36.92%

Nominations:
9-Volt x5 (He passed the 100 mark, all because of me)

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
the Wind Waker:Custom Robo edition on GC
What is this? I can't find anything about it on Google.
His Western popularity is downright pitiful.
Also worth noting that we tend to be very US and Japan-centric on this board.

Custom Robo has had two releases in the US... but only one in Europe/Australia. So it's safe to assume his support in Europe/Australia is even lower.

My impression is that Europe/Oceania buys fewer games per capita because they're more expensive there, but still, there are about 430 million people in Western Europe+Oceania... And of course plenty of other gamers in Eastern Europe, Latin America, etc.

The question then becomes... how Japan-biased are they going to be when they look at the Smash Ballot? I hope Reggie and the the people at NOA/NOE/NAL will be reminding them of how much Smash sells outside of Japan... (Japan accounts for about 31% of sales, North America 47%, rest of world 22%).

So don't forget that North America + Japan doesn't cover the entirety of global Smash opinion. Ray might be popular in Japan, but he's not so popular here, and likely close to unknown everywhere else. Japan doesn't account for half of the ballot, they probably account for closer to 1/3rd. Even if you account for the probability that there are more double owners in the US than in Japan (more people with both the Wii U and Smash versions, meaning that the overall sales translate to fewer voters on the ballot) the numbers don't change much - the US is still the biggest fanbase, followed by Japan, with EU/AU in a distant third. Looking at Smash Conquest results, the results seem roughly consistent with the sales data (that is, each region's contribution to the global outcome is roughly proportionate to the sales figures, etc.).

If Nintendo's just crunching the numbers, the US should be the market with the most influence on the outcome of the ballot. But since the devs are based in Japan, there may be some Japan-bias. But I don't think it's enough for a character outside the top 5 to overcome negligible support elsewhere. A character with low popularity in two of the three regions probably won't be making it in, IMO.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603

Custom Robo has had two releases in the US... but only one in Europe/Australia. So it's safe to assume his support in Europe/Australia is even lower.

My impression is that Europe/Oceania buys fewer games per capita because they're more expensive there, but still, there are about 430 million people in Western Europe+Oceania... And of course plenty of other gamers in Eastern Europe, Latin America, etc.

The question then becomes... how Japan-biased are they going to be when they look at the Smash Ballot? I hope Reggie and the the people at NOA/NOE/NAL will be reminding them of how much Smash sells outside of Japan... (Japan accounts for about 31% of sales, North America 47%, rest of world 22%).

So don't forget that North America + Japan doesn't cover the entirety of global Smash opinion. Ray might be popular in Japan, but he's not so popular here, and likely close to unknown everywhere else. Japan doesn't account for half of the ballot, they probably account for closer to 1/3rd. Even if you account for the probability that there are more double owners in the US than in Japan (more people with both the Wii U and Smash versions, meaning that the overall sales translate to fewer voters on the ballot) the numbers don't change much - the US is still the biggest fanbase, followed by Japan, with EU/AU in a distant third. Looking at Smash Conquest results, the results seem roughly consistent with the sales data (that is, each region's contribution to the global outcome is roughly proportionate to the sales figures, etc.).

If Nintendo's just crunching the numbers, the US should be the market with the most influence on the outcome of the ballot. But since the devs are based in Japan, there may be some Japan-bias. But I don't think it's enough for a character outside the top 5 to overcome negligible support elsewhere. A character with low popularity in two of the three regions probably won't be making it in, IMO.
Too long, did read

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
Ray
Chance- 12%
Shot in the dark. Not really sure on him. Argument basically the same as everyone else.
Want- 40%
He would give us a new series… but honestly, I played one of his games once and didn't really care for it myself.

Tetra Predictions- 18%
Nominations:

Lip x3
Crono x2

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Ray

Chance 4%

He has been completely forgotten, he doesn't even have an assist trophy, which is ironically why I gave him 4% instead of 1%

Want 5%
Meh, no thanks

nominate R.O.B. eye bug fix x5

4theRECORD

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2878-9708-8635

Tis a joke on how Battle Revolution, the Gamecube entry, like Wind Waker was at first poorly recieved just for having too different of a look. Should have made it clearer, sorry.

While we're at it, I don't think anyone expects for Ray to get in simply due to his Japanese support, just that it will help him to a degree. Personally, I'd say devs will really start considering him if they really plan to have five or six characters from the ballot like some people are saying.

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
Ray:

Chance 33%

-Main character
-Series with 5 games
-popular in japan
-2nd party??

Want 70%

I figure he will get in smash eventually!

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
The comparison doesn't really make sense.
Dark Samus is an evil Samus with Phazon.
If you consider Dark Pit a Pit, you can't say that Dark Samus is not a Samus, lol.
'The comparison doesn't really make sense.'
Dark Pit is a clone of Pit created by a magic mirror that duplicates people...
Dark Samus is an alien entity that had absorbed her Phazon Suit and some of her DNA...she has a similar appearance and shares her DNA but is not a manufactured copy like Dark Pit...She is not just an evil Samus with Phazon...

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
'The comparison doesn't really make sense.'
Dark Pit is a clone of Pit created by a magic mirror that duplicates people...
Dark Samus is an alien entity that had absorbed her Phazon Suit and some of her DNA...she has a similar appearance and shares her DNA but is not a manufactured copy like Dark Pit...She is not just an evil Samus with Phazon...
Regardless, guys, I don't see how a character's identity as a third Mario/Link/Samus/whatever would automatically rule them out. If they play similar to their other incarnations, it's a problem and could lead to a veto on the dev team's part.

I do not know how similar Dark Samus would be compared to the real Samus.

Last edited:

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
While we're at it, I don't think anyone expects for Ray to get in simply due to his Japanese support, just that it will help him to a degree. Personally, I'd say devs will really start considering him if they really plan to have five or six characters from the ballot like some people are saying.
I was thinking though that he probably doesn't make the top ten or so when you look globally. But it might be hard to gauge that given how every poll out there is going to have some sampling bias (i.e. it's excluding some types of people who may have voted on the Ballot... likely a lot of casual players, for example. Although I also assume casuals are a lot less likely to vote...)

But yeah, if you're not in the top twenty or so, I don't think even with 6 Smash Ballot characters there's a good chance. There's some wiggle room since it's possible there will be 3rd-parties that Nintendo doesn't want to work with, or redundancies, or characters they think are unworkable for whatever reason [e.g. Ice Climbers]. But Ray needs there to be:
1. a large DLC cast
and
2. do much better than it seems like he's doing on the ballot
OR
3. the devs skip over a number of other candidates for some reason. Unfortunately for Ray, promotion is not a reason to pick him so it pretty much has to be that the candidates above him are undesirable for some reason. Ray might be more unique than most, but unless it's someone like Chrom, why would they skip over someone who's still reasonably interesting like Krystal?

Not to mention there are many other characters that they could pick if they skip down the list... someone could be very interesting AND better for promoting new games, etc. Once they're disregarding the Ballot that much, other more minor candidates also become more likely, you know?

Anytime there are that many contingencies, I'm going to give a sub-5% score. But that's just my view.

Serell

Smash Apprentice
I could say Paper Mari would not be a 3rd Mario since he's pretty much a different entity in a whole other dimension. Honestly guys, drop this clone thing. Who cares if they have the same name as long as they play differently? Is Falco a 2nd Fox? In name, no, but Falco plays plays extremely similar to Fox. Whereas Paper Mario may have 'Mario' in his name, but would play absolutely nothing like Mario.

I would have absolutely no problem with Dark Pit or Dr. Mario if their movesets were unique...

Last edited:

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
Ray(man):

Chance: 22%

He's been in Smash a bit but is strangely absent, meaning he is similar to Isaac. However, he is nowhere near as popular. Also, for a character from CUSTOM Robo, lacking custom specials (as far as we know) would hurt him a lot. I can see him as a mii costume tho,

Want: 50%

Indifferent

Tetra:
Chance: 30%

Want: 31%

Nom: 3x Homecoming Hijinx song

2x Moonstruck Blossom song

FancySmash

Smash Lord
RAY - Robotic Ambiguous Yearner

Chance: 30% - Well, like Issac, he is no longer an assist trophy. I suppose that's a "good" thing, but it's nothing really big to go on. Unlike Issac however, he dosen't have the same level of support.

Want: 10% - I have no idea who Ray is at all realy, aside from being from Custom Robo, so he isn't going to be top on my "most wanted" list. Also, to have a custom robo who cant get any custom moves seems ironic. Also, if we were looking for a robot applicant for smash, would anyone be against the idea of including this guy?

Prediction - Tetra: Well, I assume better than Midna and Wolf Link, but exactly what can she do? Uh... 25%.
Nominations:
Meowth X2
Chibi-Robo X3 (Hey, I gave an image of him didn't I, I should pay some respect :lick:).

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Ray
Chance: 10% - Ray may be the first character we've rated that's more popular in Japan than in the west, but he's certainly nowhere near the most requested character there either.
Want: 0% - This is one of my very few 0s in want. I'm one of the few people here who've actually played Custom Robo on the Game Cube. I did not enjoy it. I also have a bit of a dislike for Japanese mech anime and games, so seeing him in Smash would not sit very well with me.

Tetra prediction: 6%

Nominations: DLC music pack x5

DAY OVER
PLEASE WAIT WHILE I CALCULATE THE RESULTS

Last edited:

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
RAY
CHANCE: 18.23%
WANT: 42.15%
Ray was able to pull off a decent final score despite not being very well known here. Next up we're rating Tetra, will the Zelda franchise finally be getting a new character. Also please predict what score Pichu will get tomorrow.

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Tetra
Chance: 24%
I know a lot of people are going to dismiss this character, one reason being she's not discussed too often as a few people have mentioned in their predictions. However, since I was the first to nominate this character, I do have a couple things to say. While her chances realistically aren't that great, I personally think she has a better shot than Impa does. One major reason is the fact that Wind Waker HD is on the Wii U, AKA an actual Zelda game. It would make more sense to pull inspiration from that title if they wanted to create DLC to represent the Zelda franchise since Wind Waker kind of got shafted in this Smash installment (most likely due to Smash being in development before WWHD).

They excluded the Pirate Ship stage which they could easily just bring back as DLC (or even create a new WW stage) along with a WW character to represent one of the latest 3D console Zelda titles. Of course this is if Sakurai and the developers are thinking about adding a DLC Zelda character. With Zelda Wii U seemingly over a year away, it would make the most sense to look to Wind Waker for something to add to the Zelda franchise DLC wise. I never believed before Smash 4 released that Hyrule Warriors content would be represented, and I still don't. It wouldn't make any sense to pull from a spinoff that hardly plays like a Zelda game if the devs wanted to add Zelda content, so I'm not factoring in HW for possible DLC anything.

A common argument against her inclusion I often hear is that Sakurai wouldn't add a third Zelda, but we almost had four in Brawl so I don't think it's of any concern to him. I don't understand why some people care so much anyway; Tetra is nothing like Sheik who's nothing like Zelda herself. She would inevitably be a unique character, so what's the issue? She would easily be able to broadly represent the Zelda franchise due to being a completely different variation of the title character. Whatever way I look at it, she just makes sense to me as a character Sakurai might consider to make playable for the Zelda series; although, I'll stress again only if he's thinking about adding a Zelda character. If Sakurai is in fact considering creating a playable Zelda character for DLC, I think Tetra has a better chance than most people will give her credit for. I'll give Zelda the pirate a score of 24%.
If we get a Zelda character for DLC, she's a possibility...

Tetra is probably my most wanted character due to Wind Waker being my favorite Zelda game. I would love to see more of it represented, and I would really appreciate my main (Toon Link) having a partner in this installment of Smash.

Prediction - Pichu: 8.9%

Nominations:
x5 Toon Zelda

StormC

Smash Hero
Previous rankings:

1. K. Rool: 75%/100%
2. Banjo-Kazooie: 10%/70%
3. Isaac: 60%/40%
4. Bandana Dee: 50%/25%
5. Captain Toad: 25%/15%
6. Krystal: 25%/15%
7. Dixie Kong: 50%/50%
8. Impa: 50%/40%
9. Shantae: 15%/40%
10. Inklings: 55%/40%
11. Rayman: 30%/40%
12. Snake: 40%/70%
13. Wolf: 85%/60%
14. Shovel Knight: 20%/40%
15. Quote: 15%/45%
16. Ice Climbers: 10%/35%
17. Sceptile: 20%/50%
18. Wonder Red: 20%/35%
19. Promoted NPCs: 5%/Abstain
20. Henry Fleming: 15%/15%
21: Paper Mario: 30%/20%
22. Roy: 95%/0%
23. Ridley: 5%/80%
24. Chorus Kids: 25%/35%
25. DLC Alternate Costumes: 75%/75%
26. Magalor: 15%/30%
27. Midna/Link: 1%/5%
28. Ray: 20%/35%

Chance: 20%. Three versions of Zelda seems unlikely and she isn't an incredibly popular request, but Forbidden Seven and all that.

Want: 20%. Impa is a much more preferable Zelda newcomer in every way.

Pichu prediction: 5%
Nominate Daisy 5x

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Tetra
Chance: 30%

Want: 0%
Never played Wind Waker, not a big fan of the toon art style, don't want a third Zelda.

Prediction: Pichu 10%

Nominations: BB bandit trio X5.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The Directory has been updated.

Tetra
Chance:
7%

I don't think that Tetra has been demanded, at least not as much as Toon Zelda and Ghirahim were. Even then, she isn't the most requested Zelda character to my knowledge.
I wouldn't say that the Forbidden 7 is helpful in this case as we don't know if Toon Sheik is literally a Toon version of Sheik or is code for Tetra. Provided it's the latter, Sakurai could go back to his old ideas and add her...
I'm a bit doubtful on this case.

Sure! Why not! She would be awesome!

Pichu Prediction: 2.01%
What's a Mewtwo?

Nominations: TAKE THAT! (Phoenix Wright 5x)

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Tetra
Chance: 20%
We have "toon_zelda" and "toon_sheik" among the "Forbidden Seven" of Brawl, so she's probably at least been considered at some point. She doesn't seem to have very much support, though.

Would be a chance to actually make a good Zelda that isn't called "Sheik" :p But there are other Zelda characters I'd choose before her.

Prediction for Pichu: 12.37%

Nominations: Phoenix Wright x5

D

Deleted member

Tetra

Chance: 25%

+ One of the more popular and iconic incarnations of Zelda.
+ Being pirate gives her moveset the potential to be unique. There aren't any pirates currently featured in Smash.
-- Doesn't have much from her source material to work with aside from "She's a pirate! AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!"
+ To be fair, Zelda and Sheik didn't have much from their respective source material either. One simply used magic while the other fit the ninja archetype.
? Tetra (or "Toon Sheik") was one of the Forbidden 7 in Brawl along with Toon Zelda. Why they were scrapped, I have no idea.
-- She's not as highly requested as other characters such as Isaac and K. Rool.

Like Impa and Pig Ganon, Tetra is one of the top contenders for an additional Zelda series rep, but Sakurai might already be satisfied with representing that IP and focusing his priorities elsewhere.

Wind Waker is one of my favorite entries in the Zelda series. I enjoyed Tetra as a character and I'd probably enjoy her inclusion in Smash. Oh, and she's a pirate!

Prediction: Pichu - 5%

Nomination: Simon Belmont x5

Last edited by a moderator:

Troykv

Smash Master
Tetra:

Eh... Is she maybe the "toon_sheik" character? Maybe yes. This improves her chances. She is a popular character in a great and loved game, his thematic has potential for some curious things.

Want: 40%

I'm fine with her... But maybe she is only wanted because "Muh Zelda don't have new Rep Since Melee"

Predictions: Pichu

Chance: 15%
Want: 35%

Nominations:

Micaiah x2
Tiki x2
Kos-mos x1

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
TETRA
Chance: 8%

Tetra would be a cool Zelda character, but her chance is not very strong because there are more popular and wanted Zelda characters. I would rather have Impa be the next true Zelda rep.

PICHU
19.43%

NOMINATION
Elma x5

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Aww j-izz (lol autocorrect :laugh:). I missed the voting period for Ray. Ah well...

Tetra

Chance: 35%

Impa and Ganon (not Dorf) are more requested then her so she has a lot of obstacles to get through before she can get in. From what i've seen, fan support for her is pretty decent.

Want: 70%

I actually wouldn't mind seeing her in the game. I thought she was an interesting character in TWW and that she can bring something new to the table when it comes to LoZ representation in Smash. Still, I want to see Impa and a revamped YLink before we get her.

Predictions
Pichu: 80%

Nominations
*Concept: De-cloned Roy x4
*Concept: Roy has Awakening attire as default x1

Last edited:

Toon612Link

Smash Journeyman
Tetra
chance: 61%
She is relevant again, She was suppose to be a character in SSBB, She probably has a moveset already made and Wind Waker is under represented. (I consider the games with toon link in them separate from normal Zelda's.) Impa is cool and all but TP is over represented.

Preferably with Toon Zelda if the 3ds can handle it.

Nominations: Elma (Xenoblade) x5

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Tetra
chance: 61%
She is relevant again, She was suppose to be a character in SSBB, She probably has a moveset already made and Wind Waker is under represented. (I consider the games with toon link in them separate from normal Zelda's.) Impa is cool and all but TP is over represented.

Preferably with Toon Zelda if the 3ds can handle it.

Nominations: Elma (Xenoblade) x5
Impa wasn't in Twilight Princess btw...she was referenced but not physically in the game...

----

HOY!!!...Ya Scallywag! Shiver me timbers!!!

Tetra

Probably one of the more likely Zelda newcomers. Which actually isn't saying much. Zelda characters in general aren't receiving incredible support besides Impa. Main reason is how Zelda characters gets cycled around quite a bit, so the support for everyone's favourite does tend to get split quite a bit, and with some of the more popular characters being Assists as well. Unlike most 'one-off' characters she has appeared in two games with Wind Waker being the major title where she gets her popularity. She was also referenced in Spirit Tracks.
Anyways when it comes to Zelda characters and their projected support, Tetra seems to be one of the secondaries behind Impa when it comes to possible Zelda candidates, along with the likes of Pig Ganon and perhaps even Vaati...(discounting NPCs since no one has faith)
Overall Toon Link is already in the roster representing the Toon Zeldaverse, even though the team doesn't think in terms of reps. If she were the same character, but not Zelda would she still be as well received, well probably yes, but that would make her less important overall in the grand scheme of things...

As far as moveset potential goes well it's hard to really say since she doesn't do to much in game to showcase this, but Smash is missing some 'Pirate' inspired characters so Sakurai may have some fun creating something off of that with some references in game, she's got a small sword as well (another sword user blasphemy!!!) as well as the use of bombs...perhaps even use the grappling hook to catch and/or hilariously tangle opponents, maybe even the use of barrels hide inside them, kick them over roll them into enemies maybe even run on top of them while they roll...There is potential for a very whimsical piratey moveset that can be implemented, perhaps a Final Smash where her ship will rain down several bombs/catapulted rocks as such...Sakurai pretty much invented Sheik's moveset with a few small references from OoT so he could very easily do the same for a piratey Tetra...

I don't feel her chances are too great, but definitely not something to overlook either...

----

Want: 65%
I like Tetra. And Love Wind Waker (Sakurai Y U exclude Pirate Ship?), definitely one of my favourite Zelda games! She's a third zelda, technically but that doesn't really matter all that much considering she is pretty much her own character and is more popular as herself than Toon Zelda. She is an alter ego for Zelda with the intent to keep her identity safe, however unlike Sheik, who can transform at will (well not anymore at least), Tetra cannot. So no transformations between the two if that's what people are thinking because that's not how their characters work (I actually think this is the same in OoT as Zelda/Sheik are only seen transforming once in game and never back again, but it is pretty much accepted that they can)
Her pirate based moveset would be pretty a neat addition to the roster as well, making her very unique amoung the cast.

Overall when it comes to Zelda newcomers, Impa and Midna are at the top of my list so I would be slightly disappointed if she got in over them, but I wouldn't mind too much given her character's potential...That and she'd be a much needed new rep for the franchise...

I think I'd have fun with her tangling foes in her grappling hook and rolling barrels into them! Also Skeik (ninja) vs. Tetra (Pirate)...Ninjas vs. Pirates one of the most famous fantasy conflicts can be made real in Smash finally...

----

Prediction: 4.9%
:172:Pichu:pichumelee:
Look, two icons!! Though he is a melee veteran, I don't think his chances are too great considering several circumstances...Plus he was intended as a simple gimmicky character, one that was not too well received due to the fact that he damages himself...

----

Nominations:
Dark Samus x5
aka. NOT too big:troll:

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Quick rating from me again.

Tetra Chance
:
15%
After looking at the Scamper's posts I do admit she does have an ok shot. She certainly has Wind Waker HD to have Sakurai consider her. And she might've been possibly been planned pre-Brawl, that gives her bonus points, though it is still pretty uncertain. And she is one of the few recurring Zelda characters in the Toon timeline, giving her an edge over Skull Kid and Ghirahim.

Kinda surprised by how much of a good shot she has getting in Smash, I thought I would rate pretty low.

Tetra Want:
30%

Meh, not my personal favorite Zelda character. I prefer Ghirahim over her.

Pichu Prediction:
13.452% Not Young Link, hmm... I probably won't give much thought into this.

Nominations:
x5 Young Link

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
Tetra
Chance: 13%?
I think she has a trophy in the game I can see her being added in but I don't know much about her stance on the whole "next zelda Rep" she did appear in the HD remake. I do think she has a decent chance but from what i can really gather it's a bit unstable to really rate IMHO.

Want 40%
hey I'm up for something new she is a pirate after all I do not mind her coming in to the roster But I would not be heart broken if she's not in as well only time will tell.

Nomination
Ninten x5

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
To compare with my other ratings. I'm of the opinion that Nintendo will milk the DLC hype train for as much cash as they can, and recent events have only strengthened that notion. As such, I expect plenty of DLC characters.

:roypm: Chance: 100%

:wolf: Chance: 99%

DLC Alts Chance: 95%

King K. Rool Chance 80%
Want: 75%

Bandanna Dee Chance: 70%
Want: 95%

NPC DLC Character Chance: 65%

Isaac Chance: 65%
Want: 85%

Captain Toad Chance: 58%
Want: 90%

Paper Mario Chance: 55%

:popo: Chance: 50%
Want: 80%

Inkling Chance: 50%

Rayman Chance: 40%

:snake: Chance: 40%
Want: 60%

Dixie Chance: 39%
Want: 49%

Sceptile Chance: 25%

Ray Chance: 25%
Want: 65%

Impa Chance: 25%
Want: 60%

Banjo Chance: 20%

Krystal Chance: 15%

Quote Chance: 10%
Want: 95%

Chorus Kids Chance: 10%
Want: 40%

Ridley Chance: 5%

Shantae Chance: 5%
Want: 15%

Shovel Knight Chance: 3%
Want: 70%

Magolor Chance: 1%

Henry Fleming Chance: 1%
Want: 5%

Midna and Wolf Link Chance: 1%

Tetra Chance: 5%

I'm finding these high chance scores rather funny.

Tetra isn't even remotely popular on the Smash ballot, she's got very little to draw from for a moveset, and no, we do not know if she was planned for Brawl. We know that a "Toon Sheik" was planned for Brawl, which could very well be Tetra, but if so why call her "Toon Sheik"? I personally think this was either a toon version of Sheik, or Tetra as a Sheik clone. Either way, I doubt we will see her in Smash. She's only had a major role in one Zelda game and there are SEVERAL Zelda characters that are more requested then she is.

And no, Wind Waker HD doesn't help her. If Sakurai felt the need to represent Wind Waker HD, why didn't Pirate Ship return?

I'd rank her even lower, but I'll give her a 5% on the chance that she is "Toon Sheik" and that they have enough data done to justify spending the time working on a less popular character.

Please no.

I don't find Tetra even remotely interesting as a fighter, and there are so many more Zelda characters I'd prefer over her.

Pichu Predictions: 34%

Easiest. Character. To make. Ever.

Noms:

Ryu x5

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
...It seems someone else has already used the song I'd planned on using. Damn pirates. >_>

No matter. I found a better one.

--

Tetra

Chance: 17.5%
Avast ye! Tetra and her pirate crew were Link's means to beginning his adventure in their game, and thanks to a shocking revelation that we all know about now, she turned out to play a part in Hyrule's destiny. Though Wind Waker gave her only major role, she still remains well liked by Zelda fans. Could that translate into enough support for a DLC chance?

That's...pretty hard to say. Tetra's support is very hit and miss--she's as likely to reach the 20 mark on a poll as she is to not show up at all. If the composite of all these unofficial polls is enough a point of reference for the Smash Ballot, she may not get nominated enough to have any significant chance. Not only that, but she has to worry about all the other Zelda characters getting supported. If the Zelda fans split their votes too far, their characters' nominations could be too small compared to other candidates from other series.

There's also the Forbidden Seven, through Tetra's been linked (hee hee) to Brawl under the name of "Toon Sheik". I've seen arguments that it raises her chances. However, considering there is no data beyond an open spot in the code, we have no clue how much progress was made on the concept. And since we don't know if Sakurai even wants to go back to the characters that missed Brawl, I don't see how it raises her chances.

For better or worse, Tetra would have to get in on her own merit. Unless her support picks up, she may need to pirate her way into contention.

Want: 37.5%
I have no idea what to think of her, to be honest. She could be interesting...but since she didn't do a whole lot as Tetra in Wind Waker that could transfer into attacks, her moveset could end up bland as easily as it could end up interesting. I kind of hope they'd do something like have her pull from some of the items and elements from Wind Waker that Toon Link doesn't, but it'd be tricky to do in a way that felt true to character and didn't feel like a thematic reach.

Pichu Prediction: 6.12%
A joke clone designed in Melee to be bad, that more of the fanbase actively dislikes than any other veteran? I think we're about to see our lowest Want rating yet.

Nominations:
Geno x2
Alpha-Form Stages x3
(That should bring this one up above 15, right?)

Top Bottom