• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
Chance: 75%
I could possibly see them happening but I kinda doubt it. They could be interesting though.

Want: 25%
Meh. I'd rather have Marshal

Nominate: Tetra x5

Last edited:

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Sorry, I'm late.

Chorus Kids
Chance: 1%
Want: 80%

DLC costumes prediction: 42%

Nominations: DLC Music x5

DAY OVER
PLEASE WAIT WHILE I CALCULATE THE RESULTS

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Wasnt hard to wield Duck Hunt, who is three characters. Or hard to wield Olimar and all his pikmin.
Duck Hunt acts as a single character, plus one 'character' isn't even on the field...Olimar's pikmin are more like items than extra characters...

Last edited:

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
Duck Hunt acts as a single character, plus one 'character' isn't even on the field...Olimar's pikmin are more like items than extra characters...
The fact is though, people assume they would play as three separate characters. Im sure they will be much much more like duckhunt, in how they work like a single character.

Also take a look at this official Nintendo art of Chorus Kids in the latest trailer:

Even the RH is hinting at how they would appear in Smash.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Guys, if you want to find your solution to making the Chorus Kids work, read our in-depth analysis's like Jigglystep, Captain Hotcakes or mines. Seriously, we worked our butts on those just so we can convince you that Chorus Kids are more likely than you think and you guys are just passing them like it was nothing and I don't appreciate it.

Last edited:

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
CHORUS KIDS
CHANCE: 18.01%
WANT: 29.95%
The Chorus Kid's supporters did their very best, here are the results. Next up we're rating the concept of DLC alternate costumes, also please predict what score Magalor will get tomorrow.

sogeki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MexicanSaiyan
DLC Alternate costumes:
Chance: 100%. If you don't know why, read this. http://smashboards.com/threads/dlc-alternate-costumes.399504/
Also, no bias, this is happening. Sakurai can easily do this to characters.
Want: 100%.

Magalor prediction: 11%.

Nominations: DLC characters coming out to promote new games x2.
Being able to rate 2 characters a day x3.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I asked yesterday but didn't get a response. Is this alternate costumes as in what Alph is to Olimar, something like what Project M does with things like Sigurd Marth, or simple recolours?

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
DLC Alternate Costumes:

Chance 76.87% I can see this happening as other fighters has DLC costumes and it's easier to make compared to actual characters.

Want:90% Why not?

Magalor Prediction: 5.79%

Nominate Ryux5

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
I asked yesterday but didn't get a response. Is this alternate costumes as in what Alph is to Olimar, something like what Project M does with things like Sigurd Marth, or simple recolours?
Any alternate costume will do. Edit: ^beat me to it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

DLC Alternate Costumes

Chance: 65%

While there is no official word or even any hints towards their inclusion, DLC Mii costumes already exist, so it would come as no surprise to me.

Want: 100%

Bad Box Art Mega Man and Classic Marth, please.

Prediction: Magalor - 5%

Tomorrow, we'll be rating a post-Sakurai era Kirby character who isn't even as prominent as Bandana Dee. I don't think he'll do too well at all.

Nomination: Simon Belmont x5

D

Deleted member

The Directory has been updated.

DLC Alt Costumes
Chance:
50%

I can see this go either way.
The Mii Fighters got them, but they were customizable characters anyway. I could see that they could add some alternate costumes to the extent of Alph for Olimar or Wireframe Mac for Little Mac for example for some characters, such as Dry Bowser for Bowser. Though, I don't think this will be their highest priority...

Want: 75%
It really depends. If it's cheap, I'll get it. If it's as expensive as a fighter, I'll pass.
Still, I am pretty interested in what they could come up with.

Magolor Prediction: 6.89%
Bandana Dee

Nominations: Ryu 5x

Being able to rate 2 characters a day x3.
We might get to this at a later point where we rate two concepts at the same time. For now, we just want to see if we can get a handle on things with just one character / concept at a time.
I'll see if the rest of the team wants to do that. I would be happy to have two concepts be done in a day.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I will never understand why people say Magalor instead of Magolor, or Galactica Knight instead of Galacta Knight XD

-DLC Costumes:

Chances: 50%
Want: 30%

I don't really care about costumes, I always play with the original characters.

-Nominations: Pichu X5

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Quick rating because I plenty of busy things to do tomorrow.

DLC Alt. Costume Chance: 50%
I can see this going either way, all of the DLC costumes we've been getting had only been from Miis so far (Even in Mario Kart 8 it's only been from Miis so far.), Can't say I'm optimistic about this and Sakurai has been pretty strict and not answering much of many of the fans' requests when it comes to alts, not as fan-servicey as Project M.

Nominations:
x5 Young Link

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Chance: 70%
Easier than doing actual characters, and would prove popular. Could also serve as a means of adding certain commonly requested characters that may not quite merit their own slot/moveset.

Why not? An official Sigurd Marth, or even better Sigurd himself (as unlikely as either is), would be pretty cool.

Prediction for Magolor: 9.21%

Nominations: Phoenix Wright x5 (I have no idea yet who to nominate after this :p)

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
DLC Costumes:
Chance: 75% Pretty likely in my eyes, but Nintendo is infamous for screwing up things as simple as this. Take it with a grain of salt though, as my opinion is terrible and clearly must be changed by someone with a better opinion .:glare:
Want: 90% I like the idea of alts such as Mr.L, Masked DeDeDe, Galacta Knight, and Shadow Mario. Would be a good way to beef up the roster without having to add more characters.
Nominations: Pichu x 5
Predictions: Mah boi Magolor Chance: 12%
Want: 30%

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Dlc ats change: 100%
I see no reason not to do it.I mean we have dlc costumes for the mii fighters can't see why it won't work for real characters. Plus is no where near as hard as a real fighter

Dlc alt want:100%
Mr.L,dry bowser, and Morgan please

Magolor prediction 5%

Slippy x 5

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I would assume it's a bit of everything, alt costumes, characters, and colours...that's what I'm rating this on....

----

a.k.a DLC in a nutshell....

Concept: DLC Alternate Costumes

Chance: 99.9%
I really don't see a reason why we won't, especially with DLC bundles being very likely...We already have Mii costumes, but for the rest of the fighters it's literally making/changing the character's model and adding it over top of the existing fighter's skins...Easy...
With bundles they'd be cheaper for us as well....
Let's say for example, Hyrule Warriors Impa becomes DLC, she would most likely come with a Hyrule Warriors DLC bundle including the Hyrule Warriors costumes for Link, Zelda and that badassness of Ganondorf!!!!!
Or even a Mario strikers Pack, including a stage and Strikers outfits for Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, etc...or y'know a cat mario pack...because meow...
Stuff like this will sell very well for DLC, and for some characters adding them in as an Alternate costume makes more sense than creating a separate character...like maybe Sakurai can make a Chrom alt for Marth for example...since he won't put him in the game as a separate character...
Removed .1% on the off chance that Sakurai is stupidly going to reserve this for only Mii's...and I can almost guarantee he won't...

----

It'd be cool that's for sure, I'd Like to see Samus rocking her actual Prime suits, or a true Fusion suit and even a Justin Bailey alt/colours and more shorts colours for her Zero suit (pink for Metroid I, white for Metroid II, and Black for Super Metroid, why we don't have this is beyond me just recolour her shorts that is all), as well as a bunch of Zelda alts, but I'm not going to be too upset if it doesn't happen but I'd like it to...(on second thought there is so much awesome potential just gonna set this to 100%)

----

Prediction: 22.14%
Magolor
-Did a bit of research on this dude, he's actually pretty cool, he was an integral character in Return to Dreamland...not too sure of his chances, but I think they'll be better than most of the characters we reviewed lately (besides Roy of course), seems to be a decent rep for the more recent Kirby games...also has a lot of potential for a really cool moveset...

----

Nominations:
Wolf Link & Midna x5
Wolf Link alts:
-Golden (Hero's Shade Wolf, how badly do I want this!!) (and imagine Midna coloured like the Hero's Shade with a golden helmet and red eyes!!!!!)
-White (White Wolfos, with blue eyes as well, would look nice!)
-Black (because it'd be bad@$$)
-Red (like a fox, I guess)
-Blue (like a ...blue wolf?...)
-Green (like a ....sloth????)

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Costumes

Sounds fun. Loads of ones I feel were missed from the base game (Mr. L, Shadow Queen, most pokémon are without shinies, and the glorious Ganondorf from Warriors), and I think they could be easily added. After all, Mac has 16, which all show up on the customization menu/amiibo choices, so they could easily patch a few more in. Also, negligible dev time. But does Sakurai want to do that...? We've not even gotten anything more than recolors for most characters...
Yes, I like this idea. Bring it on! Don't usually use alts (especially on 3DS since I hate that it defaults to the last used costume instead of the default), but I like to play themed battles on WiiU every so often.
Prediction: Magolor
Chance: 24.5%, Want: 42.1%
Nominations:
Midna x2
Squirtle x2
Ghirahim x1​

MatvaradoxD

Smash Cadet
DLC Alternate Costumes
Chance: 50%
Mii Fighters are getting costumes so why not for other fighters? I would like Mr. L for Luigi. This will probably be implemented once the DLC fighters, modes, and stages are out of the way.

Want: 90%
I say bring it on! If you could do it for Link and Little Mac then I think it's possible.

Prediction
Magolor:
- Chance: 5% - Want: 12%

Nominations:
Mach Rider x5

Serell

Smash Apprentice
Chance: 90%
We already got Mii costumes, and Sakurai said he is interested in doing dlc outside of fighters.

I'd totally love to see some more stuff like ZSS's two-piece, Shulk's swim suit, and Bowser Jr.'s Koopalings.

Magalor prediction: %17.6

Nominations: Ray (Custom Robo) x5
So close! You get 'em, Ray!

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
DLC Costumes...
Chances: 80%.
I can see it happening.
Want: 100% Because I'll buy ALL THE DLCs!!!

Nominations: Ghirahim X3
Young Link X1
Marx (Kirby) X1

Magolor Prediction: 17%
The internet spoiled Kirby's Adventure Wii for me... Magolor is popular for sure, and I like how HAL often has throwbacks to him every now and then like in Triple Deluxe.

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Nominations: Ghirahim's promotion to Playable character (if this is allowed) X3
I feel like what we explained in the NPC's concept and what we will explain on Ghirahim's day will basically cover this well enough...might as well just vote for Ghirahim since we will most likely talk about this possibility then anyways...

JBRPG

Smash Journeyman
Alternate costumes

Chance: 100%
It is already happening with the Mii characters, which gives me the technical 100%. But for fighters, Smash 4 would be safer going for other cannon appearances because it is too early to explore the more outlandish possibilities for the fighters (i.e. I admittedly think of Pit getting a swan princess outfit) compared to other big name MOBA or fighting games (Soul Calibur, League of Legends); especially with user-created custom content for Project M.

Although I do wish to give these things a spin, I have very little money and I have little stronger preference for getting things with more mechanical and functional juice (bonus levels, game modes, etc.).

Prediction

Magolor: 10%

Nomination: Tamagon (Devil World) x 5

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
DLC Costumes:

Chance: 55%. No way to tell whether or not this will happen, could go both ways. I'm giving it +5% though since we have received Mii Fighter costumes.

Want: 100%. Ocarina of Time alts for Link and Ganondorf, Melee Fox and Falco, Morgan for Robin, and maybe Impa for Sheik?
Yes, please. I want all of that.

---
Magolor prediction: 5%. Bandana Dee bias will kill him.
---
Nominations:
Midna and Wolf Link x4
Jill Valentine x1

Last edited:

Toon612Link

Smash Journeyman
DLC costumes:
I know nothing about technical limitation of this game... But if they are anything like brawl mods...

I am a big fan of DLC costumes in fighting games, Even though some people hate capcom for it, They are not forcing you to buy it... I wish it was like Mortal Kombat 9's alt costume unlocks but whatever.
A pack 1 with these would be great.

Nominations:
Tetra x3
Elma x2

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I don't know, in the Bandana Dee thread, Magolor is really popular.
He is my third most wanted, for example.
We are not like the fanbases of the DK characters.
Okay, two things.
- The Dixie Kong and King K. Rool fanbases get along way better than people give them credit for.
- I think people will see Bandana Waddle Dee as the more likely choice and will rate him lower.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Step right up! Step right up! Be the first to have your armor trimmed!

...What? Scam? Of course not, I...

*teleports away*

--

Concept: DLC Alternate Costumes

As far as I'm concerned, the pieces are already laid out. The first wave of DLC included new Mii Fighter costumes, showing they're willing to do new skins. We already have a few alts in the base game (both alternate costumes--such as Wireframe Mac and shirtless Shulk--and alternate characters in the form of Alph and the Koopalings), as well as three clones that started as alts. The question now...is whether they'll go forward and create more alts as optional content.

That...is a tougher question to answer. It's more a matter of personal opinion. And personally...I think it's pretty likely to happen. We have a small sample size as far as Wii U DLC goes, with only Hyrule Warriors and Mario Kart 8 to go off. But when both games have extensive DLC already, and when MK8 may not even be done, it's hard to doubt we could see just as much content for Smash. New costumes would fall right in with that.

Wow. Short analysis.

Want: 90%
I only hesitate because I'm worried about what it'd cost or if they'd only focus on old appearances of the characters. But other than that? Just think of the opportunities here! Dry Bowser! Vanguard Ike! Shiny colors for Lucario and Charizard! Any number of other armor sets for Shulk! Hyrule Warriors costumes for Link, Zelda, Sheik, and Ganondorf!

And the pièce de résistance: Robin in Grandmaster armor.

Magolor Prediction: 8.33%
A Kirby character with a minor following...but only one major appearance and significantly less support than Bandana Dee.

Nominations: Wolf Link & Midna x5

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
DLC Costumes:

Chance: 55%

Eh. This is kinda hard to guess. I'd say it's just a little more likely than not, but not by much.

Shiny Charizard? Dark Bowser? Boshi? Sport Gear Peach? Ms. Pac-Man? omg omg omg Ken for Ryu. This gets all my yes.

Nominations:
Concept Full Ken Alt x5

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
Woah man, I didn't expect to see this back!

Alternate Costumes as DLC
-Chance:
45% - The fact that the Mii Fighters have already gotten DLC costumes shows the game isn't opposed to DLC cosmetics. But, the player avatars getting such DLC doesn't necessarily say anything about if the other characters would get any extra cosmetics through DLC. It's kind of a tough call. Really, I think they'll stick with only Miis getting extra wardrobing at this point, save for any DLC fighters that need costumes pre-built into their character <like for any genderfluid characters that need separate boy/girl alts, Wario and Little Mac>.
-Want: 100% - Sure, i'd be down for DLC costumes. The chance to see the various characters in outfits that they didn't already have is something I wouldn't turn down, especially if they go for more different-character costumes like Olimar/Alph and Jr./Koopalings.

Prediction: Magalor <Kirby> as Playable DLC
Chance: 35%, Want: 60%

Nominations:
Pichu <Pokémon> as Playable DLC: x5

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Okay, two things.
- The Dixie Kong and King K. Rool fanbases get along way better than people give them credit for.
- I think people will see Bandana Waddle Dee as the more likely choice and will rate him lower.
-It's still a not very good relation, at least that's what I think.
I still remember a fight between supporters in the leaks thread, it was like 1 week ago XD
I'm obviously not trying to say that all the fanbase is like that, but a lot of supporters are like that.
I personally want both characters.

-Oh, I thought you were talking about the Bandana Dee supporters, do'h.

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
DLC Alt Costumes
It seems probable. Mii Fighters got new costumes with DLC, so other fighters can too. At the same time though, I could imagine Sakurai believing that Miis should have many different options since they are meant to be customizable and that this does not apply to fighters because they don't share that purpose. So yeah, that's why I give it 50%.

Want: 95%
pika-make-over.gif

I. Want. Now.

Prediction:
Magalor Chance: 11%

Nomination:
Spyro the Dragon [x5]

Last edited:

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Chorus Kids are one of the most iconic RH characters in the franchise, there are plenty of parodies based on it on YouTube along with many of RH's other mini-games. You should do some research. :T
@ Scamper52596 Scamper52596
I bet if I asked everyone I know tomorrow if they were familiar with the Chorus Kids from Rhythm Heaven, they would have no idea who and what I'm talking about. I realize that they're some of the most well known characters in their franchise, but the franchise itself isn't that big outside of Japan. I'll even admit that I didn't know who they were before the Gematsu Leak. What I meant by iconic is a character that most people will generally recognize upon seeing them. Mewtwo has it, Lucas and Roy have it due to being Smash veterans, and Ryu has it. Chorus Kids haven't reached that iconic level yet.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
This is meant to give perspective on my ratings. They tend to be a lot lower than most here.

Roy (Fire Emblem): 76.5%
*Wolf: 66.66%
King K. Rool: 33.34%
Captain Toad: 30%
Isaac: 27.5%
*Ice Climber (Singular with separate Popo and Nana costumes): 22.5%
Dixie Kong: 17.5%
*Inkling: 15%
Impa: 10.75%
*Bandanna Dee: 10.5%
*Ridley: 9.66%
*Wonder Red: 7.75%
Krystal: 7.5%
*Henry Fleming: 6.66%
Chorus Kids: 5.25%
*Sceptile: 3.34%
**Paper Mario: 3.33%
*Rayman: 2.33%
Banjo-Kazooie: 2%
*Ice Climbers (Tag Team): 2%
Shantae: 1.15%
*Shovel Knight: 1.05%
*Quote: 0.36%
*Snake: .1%

*Was not here on rating day.
**Have changed my mind on my rating since I last rated.

Total of 355.15%, or an expected three or four characters (with four being more likely) before considering Ryu, who is about 85% in my mind, which would raise it to 440.15%.

Concepts:
*An NPC Becomes Playable: About 22.5%

*Was not here on rating day.

For this one, I am assuming that Mii Fighters' Costumes don't count.

Alternate Costumes:

I'm highly confident in the chances of alternate costumes, actually. if they can happen for Miis, then I see no reason for them not to create them for characters as well, especially when there's a gigantic demand for them when there wasn't already an outcry for the Miis.

I'd buy all of them.

Magalor Prediction: 13.13%

Nominations: Ms. Pac-Man Alternate Costume x5

Last edited:

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Don't actually care about rating today's subject.

DLC Alternate costumes want: 50%
I am ambivalent. I don't like the idea if they're expensive (say, $2 per costume). The appeal really depends on the price point. I dislike the idea of DLC costing so much that some people can't afford to experience the "full game".

Nominations:
Simon Belmont x5

Yes, towards a different clone/semi-clone who would have been complained about anyways, not towards unique characters. That is the important thing to note.
I assume they have more flexibility with the DLC. I'd personally be fine with waiting a little longer for not-Roy. Also a Brawl veteran like Wolf, Squirtle or Ivysaur might be a bit less work too, and also preferable. I'd also be ok with a different clone/semi-clone that was not Roy. That doesn't really bother me either.

Doesn't change the fact that time/effort spent on Roy is time/effort that could've been spent on not-Roy. There's nothing incorrect about viewing characters you don't like as taking away from other content you could've gotten instead. And the people whining about that kind of reasoning are really just annoyed that other people don't like what they like. I don't see why so many people argue about this.
I will never understand why people say Magalor instead of Magolor, or Galactica Knight instead of Galacta Knight XD
1. I assume people pronounce Magolor like MAGG-uh-lore... and given that pronunciation, Magalor would be the more likely spelling in English. Shorter explanation: Magalor fits English phonology better.
2. Because "galaxy" goes to "galactic," but "galact" is not a word. Also because Battlestar Galactica, probably.
3. Most people are less into Kirby than you ;)

Top Bottom