• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace

Chance: 0%

I have honestly no idea who this character is and If I'm being honest, he/she doesn't have a chance.

Want: 0%

Can't want someone you just found out about.

Nominations: KOS-MOS X5. Best choice and you know it.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I feel that before people make their predictions for the climbers, they should consider this:
"Nintendo Life reports that while this problem most likely could have been fixed it wasn't a priority for Sakurai as the Ice Climbers really didn't need promotion since there are no real plans for the "Ice Climber" franchise. Furthermore since both games share the same characters it would be unfair to only have these characters in the Wii U version and absent from the 3DS."​
Source: http://www.latintimes.com/super-sma...firms-no-ice-climbers-and-explains-why-262292

What this essentially tells me is yes, there were techical limitations for the Ice Climbers. Does that mean there was no work around? No, when it comes down to it, what really kept the Ice Climbers out was "lack of priority." With the extra time DLC provides, Ice Climbers really can be a thing. Besides, think about Rosalina and Luma. Despite how people say they work differently (which I'm sure they do), they are also awfully similar to the Ice Climbers.

Just wanted to point this out so that people can make better judgement of predictions. I've checked multiple sources and they all seem to say the same thing. There were technical limitations, but these probably could have been worked around if the duo had "more priority."
The problem is that this doesn't mean anything. COULD it be the case that the Ice Climbers simply weren't worked on a lot? Yeah, but there's no context. Nintendo Life is only speculating like everyone else and has no more context than we do. The only thing we know is Sakurai couldn't get them to work on 3DS. That's it. Nothing else was stated.

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
Chance 2%
As far indie characters go, Quote doesnt seem to have as much support behind him as Shovel Knight does :ohwell:

Want 11%
It would be an interesting choice, and prolly make some people mad he got in over others- so I would pick him just to annoy people, adding a psychological advantage if you will to my fights xD (this was originally the whole reason I started maining Puff back in the day) People who complain about certain characters who make it in just becuz they arent there own personal favorites, grasping at straws to come up with petty rationalizations as of why they shouldnt have been allowed in are just the worst, and the only players I enjoy annoying! xD

Ice Chumpies prediction: 46%

Nominations:
Paper Mario x2
Ashley x3

FancySmash

Smash Lord
The problem is that this doesn't mean anything. COULD it be the case that the Ice Climbers simply weren't worked on a lot? Yeah, but there's no context. Nintendo Life is only speculating like everyone else and has no more context than we do. The only thing we know is Sakurai couldn't get them to work on 3DS. That's it. Nothing else was stated.
I suppose. It always seemed to me that the "lack of priority" also contributed to the time thing. It's that lack of priority however that says "something's up". You are right, it is just speculation though.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137

Has some connection to Nintendo, and Cave Story is one of the most famous indie games. But his game was originally released for PC and was out for years before it came to Nintendo. And while being famous among people who play indie games... he's not that famous among the general population I don't think. Still, he has ok requests (not as many as Shantae and Shovel Knight, in the West anyway), but unlike Shantae and Shovel Knight, he's from Japan so it's not a purely Western phenomenon.

Even so, he seems an odd choice when there are more iconic 3rd-parties, veterans and several big name 1st-party characters that could be added too.

Quote chances: 1.3%
Being present in Japan helps a bit. But there's still not a lot in his favor.
Quote want: 30%
He doesn't seem that interesting. I should play his game and maybe that would help, but even then I do feel that all-stars are more appropriate, and for 3rd-parties that means more iconic than Quote. With Mega Man and Mii Gunner (and to a lesser extent Samus) heavily projectile-based characters are no longer as unique, although still a less crowded category than some archetypes.

Ice Climbers prediction: 10%

Nominations:
Simon Belmont x5

Last edited:

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
Chance: 3.5%

+ Iconic indie
+ Presence in Japan
- Indie
- Not as popular as other indies

Want: 90%
(I wonder if giving every non-Spyro character a "90%" inflates the overall want percentage too much. )

Predictions:
Ice Climbers: 40%

Nominations:
Spyro the Dragon [x5]

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Quote: 20%
+Most iconic indie
+Japan popularity
=3rd popular indie character from what I've seen (ugh)
-overall not voted for much at all.
-over 10 years old at this point, Cave Story hasn't had a new game since then, just cameos and remakes

Want: 95% MOST WANTED INDIE CHARACTER, 3RD MOST WANTED IN GENERAL

If you haven't heard of cave story you must be living in a cave, because it's the FIRST indie game to get so popular. It inspires me cause it was made by ONE guy over FOUR years, and it's as good as it is. I'd LOVE to see quote in this.

Don't be blind to his chances either. he has a chance, it's just pretty low. It's definitely over 5% though.

Layton x5 (it's my first time to this new thread don't hurt me if he's gone up already)

Last edited:

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
Quote:

Chance: 1.2%

Honestly, it's getting repetitive rating all these indie-developed characters, because it basically boils down to the same argument for each and every one of them - it depends on whether or not Sakurai extends his third-party invitation to them. If he ever does, I'd expect such a character would already be on-disc as opposed to DLC, given it would be more efficient to sell well-known Nintendo characters or third-party legends. Quote seems like a sensible option (perhaps even the most categorically sensible in terms of the underground gaming market), except how many potential buyers would he get in comparison to other characters? He could be put in a pack, but even then why not just use other properties instead? Whatever the improbable odds are for an indie 'rep', they're better off as on-disc fighters.

Quote's sole chance this time around is if Sakurai already implements him via Ryu as one of the predetermined DLC slots, but shouldn't Ryu be enough as a third-party newcomer among returning veterans? Don't go to the well one too many times at one go, save another third-party character for late 2015/2016 if you have to. Otherwise, Quote won't even make a mark on the ballot to warrant attention.

The next 6-7 years may bring different circumstances, though, during the Smash's next installment. I would rate Quote slightly higher, if so.

I understand why he appeals to his followers, but I'm just not one of them.

:popo: Projection: 35%

Nominations:
Henry Fleming x3
Ridley x2

Troykv

Smash Master
Quote:

Chance: 5%

Well... He actually does have Japanese audience and his game has some recognition among other Indies ... the rest will affect the typical problems that have to be that kind of game.

Want: 25%

I don't care.

Predictions:

Ice Climbers Chance: 35%

Nominations:

Micaiah x2
Tiki x2
kos-mos x1

Lol, the irony

Sid-cada

Smash Lord

Chance - 0.05% - I honestly see him and Shantae as being in the same boat. For every advantage one one has, the other also has. Japan is Quote's home turf, but Shantae has a following in their as well. Quote has a large following among the indies, but Shantae has been around longer. Shantae has had multible games, yet Quote's single game has been ported repetidly. Shantae has a large number of supporters here, but Quote's game defined indie gaming. They're about even in my eyes, so I'll give them the same score.

Want - 49% - An all projecitle moveset would be difficult to pull off, as even Mega Man has a few melee moves in his butster. He doesn't have any sort of melee capablilites, and thus would be compleatly destroyed by any reflector. I don't have any sort of attachment of my charater, and my percived ballence is not looking healthy. I say nay, though he might earn that spot.

Ice Climbers Prediction - 23.45% - It all comes down to the 3DS problems, and whether they will go out of their way to fix them. Peoples perceptions will be divided, that's for sure.

Nominations

New Guidance Conversations X3
Anna X2

Thereallucario

Smash Journeyman
Oh! THIS thread is back, that's AWSOME!

Assuming the rules are the same, I'll jump right in (feel free to call me out of I do something wrong)

Chance: 8%

Not impossible, but not high up on the list ether. I doubt that there will be too many 3rd party inclusions (if any) and quote nether has popularity for votes or the star power to stand out beyond the other 3rds. However he DID have a 3ds full-game release remake so that is something to consider.
Want: 30%
Not a big fan, but I don't particularly hate him ether. There are better indie choices though.

x3 Another starfox rep
x1 Another "big three" balance (ex. Mewtwo, A Zelda rep, A Mario rep)
x1 Anything Golden sun

Last edited:

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Chance: 3% - I'm not really expecting an indie rep. The main advantage Quote has over other indie characters is that he's actually somewhat known in Japan. The main disadvantage he has is that he's no longer at the height of his popularity unlike Shovel Knight and Shantae.
Want: 90% - I love his design and his character. If we do get an Indie rep, I hope it's him.

Ice Climber prediction: 40%

Nominations: Wonder Red x5

DAY OVER
WINTER IS COMING

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
CHANCE: 7.20%
WANT: 29.91%
END QUOTE
Quote managed to get a better score than Shovel Knight but a worse one than Shantae. He's the middle of the road indie character. Today we're rating the Ice Climbers, can they defy the 3DS and make a comeback. Also please predict what score Sceptile will get tomorrow.

Seanp12

Smash Journeyman
Ice Climbers
Chance: 60%
I actually think that the Ice Climbers are more likely than you would think. The 3DS limitations are a problem, but I think that if they get enough votes, Sakurai might be willing to put them in as a Wii U only DLC. While some would inevitably throw backlash at him for it, I think most would understand that it's probably the best chance the Ice Climbers have of returning. I know some have thrown around a solo Popo idea, but that would take away the Ice Climbers' gimmick, which is one of the main things people liked them so much for.

Want: 15%
I, however, am not one of those people that liked their gimmick. I thought it was never really balanced, and besides that, i don't really like the Ice Climbers as characters outside of Smash either. I do know that a lot of people want them, however, and I'd be happy to see them back just for the "happy smash fan" factor.

Sceptile
Prediction: 27%
I think most people will suppose that Pokemon had its day when Mewtwo was announced for DLC.

Nominations:
Abraham Lincoln (Code Name: S.T.E.A.M.) x1
Ridley x1
Concept: Any Star Fox character DLC released near Star Fox U release date x3

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Chance: 25%
We already know why they were cut. If they get enough votes, they might be willing to put more work into getting the ICs working on 3DS, but I'm not certain of it.

Want: 5%
They were interesting, but I never really cared for them.

Prediction for Sceptile: 12%

Nomination: Phoenix Wright x5

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
ICE CLIMBERS
Chance: 15%
- For Ice Climbers, it's most likely a 0%. For SOPO, I can guess around 30% if fan demand is high enough. I'm going with 15% because it's the middle-of-the-road option. It wouldn't be that difficult to bring them back, because if they were already in development, their files are probably still on an employee's computer... somewhere... Damn you 3DS version. I hate youo so much. Nothing against the handheld itself, but I feel that the 3DS version of the game was an enormous waste of time and resources.

Want: 85%
-
Ice Climbers got the shaft for the most stupid reason. I'm a fan or tradition, and cutting a character that's been in the game since the second installment completely goes against it. Even though I didn't understand or ever really play as them, they were a challenging and unique opponent to face. Their want rating is a lower that normal because of oher characters I'd like to see get in first. That, and the only way I can see them get in is if they became individual fighters, SOPO style. It wouldn't be that bad, but it would solely matter on their execution. Even the best characters can turn to ****, a fact that I wish wasn't true.

Prediction: Sceptile - 25% Chance/25% Want
- Note, my prediction does not reflect my opinion

Nomination: Ray (Custom Robo) x5
- He looks so cool!

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
Ice Climbers 10%

SAKURAI ALREADY SAID THAT THE ROSTER WAS GOING TO BE THE SAME FOR BOTH VERSIONS
They said they had problems with them working on the 3DS version, but they could make them work out
It would be kinda difficult because the 3DS isn't really that powerful and the Wii U version has the 8 player smash
But I think that there's a chance!

Want 100%

I get sad when characters like these get cut :crying:

Sceptile Im predicting 1%

Why?

From 721 Pokémon WHY Sceptile?
Greninja was just added because Sakurai liked that Ninja water frog
I don't think that Sceptile is a logical choice :ohwell:
Sorry :facepalm:

Magolor x 2
Tetra x 2
Wonder Red x 2
Daisy x 2
Moonstruck Blossom x 2
@Chandelure and @ Chalo5000 Chalo5000 , you each win FIVE additional nominations for the prediction.

Last edited:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Again, going to try not to get to wordy here... so I'm afraid I'll just be "paraphrasing this Quote" assessment. Yes, I had to go there. Anyways, shouldn't be to hard since my understanding of this character is just from playing Cave Story once a while ago now.

Here's my picture of the categories I'll use for assessing characters again again...
These points are for making a best estimate of their chances, although the weight of each category is still unknown at this time. Other unforeseen factors could keep the character from being added. I'll likely post this at the start of all my assessments.

Popularity
Hmm, poor Quote seems to be lacking in popularity. In fact, I'd say he's easily the least popular character in polls that we've yet assessed in this thread. I almost never see him in the top 10 of most wanted newcomers. He's a distant third to the big guns of Shantae and Shovel Knight in terms of "indie" third party, and as such is maybe just barely a top 10 third party consideration.

Importance
Quote is the main protagonist of the Cave Story series. As such, he's like many third party considerations and is the most important character in his games and represents not only a "third party developer" but the creation of a single man - Daisuke Amaya. As you can tell from the name, the man is Japanese which ties into another plus for Quote... he's not unknown in Japan. Unlike the other third party contenders, Quote is a well known indie character in Japan. Shantae is passingly familiar to some at best and Shovel Knight is worse off. Quote also represents among one of the more successful indie third party characters around. He was Shovel Knight before Shovel Knight and reopened a door for Shantae to leap out of the obscurity she'd been in since her mostly unnoticed Gameboy Color appearance. He was arguably the first big indie game to reach the Wiiware's and DSIwares out there as well. For Nintendo he has significance in that regard and he's been pretty much loyal to the company too. But like all indie characters, he has a hard time stepping out of the shadow of big names.

Uniqueness
I like to describe Quote as "hipster Mega Man". Actually, not really, but it was a similarity I saw if only because Quote is also a robot boy. Also like Mega Man, much of Quote's arsenal is projectile based. Some artistic license may need to be taken with his physical attacks as a result. Lucky for him there's basically one person in charge of Quote and I could see him being accommodating, though I'm uncertain of Amaya having said anything in regards to Quote in Smash. Either way, Quote has potential, but it may not be obvious outside his various projectiles. He's got a unique look that I think lots of people find appealing as well.

Relevance
Quote is likely not competing as strongly as Shantae and Shovel Knight in popularity currently because relevance is one category where he looses to them. It's not like he's not relevant, just not as relevant and on the popularity high that the knight and half-genie are, both of which have had games come out in the last year. Quote does seem further along than them in his history however, even though he's younger than Shantae, and may yet acquire a relatively big and well received title. That's simply speculation however and for now it seems Quote is held back a bit until something like this happens.

Representation
I'll be very brief here. Quote is indie third party, and like many third party considerations he's a representative of not only a series of games, but he also represents indie games in general on Nintendo systems, and his creator/devs. I'll just say "sure" for Quote here. I'd rather see Shantae myself if I'm picking third party characters, but Quote has at least as much argument as her.

Limitations
Quote is indie third party, he's not as popular as Shantae or Shovel Knight, and he's not as relevant currently. Those are the big ones. The latter contributes to the former. He has more of an argument for inclusion as Shovel Knight when you consider other things though, and at least as much as Shantae. His history isn't as long as Shantae's but at least he has good history with Nintendo. Being known in Japan is also a boost for him over the others. All in all however, he still suffers from the same limitations as other indie third party characters, but to more or less extents in the categories I've used to assess them.

Final Assessment

Chance: 6.4%

Like all third party characters, and indie's in particular, Quote has little chance. More than Shovel Knight, but close to as much as Shantae if only because he's known in Japan. Relevancy and popularity mostly neutralize that advantage in my opinion however. Amaya's receptiveness and perhaps how well he knows the devs of Smash could also affect Quotes chances favorably or not.

Want: 25%

Quote is a pretty cool character with potential. I should really play his game again, or the other games even. He's just not relevant for me so much anymore and his game didn't leave quite the lasting impression although it was fun. I'm much more in support of Shantae for an "indie" third party character, and it seems I'm not alone.

~~~~

Let's guess how the thread will vote for ICs...

Predictions for Ice Climbers

Chance: 24.6%
Want: 57.9%

~~~~

Continuing to make sure that "Any NPC becomes playable" request happens before Ridley.

3 Points to *Concept: Any NPC becomes playable*
1 Points to Sceptile
- (that one's for you Delzethin!)
1 Point to Bayonetta?

Edit:

Oh well, it's a whole hour later than I realized. Seems I genuinely missed the deadline. Sorry to post my Quote assessment during what's now an ICs day.

Last edited:

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Ice Climbers
Chance - 25%
Possible...but unlikely. It relies on Sakurai's quote that they were not prioritized and could have theoretically worked with more time being literal and not just PR speak, the latter being what I would sooner believe. I am extremely doubtful that they would be Wii U exclusives or that we'd get just one "Ice Climber."

Want - 99%
That said, I can count with two fingers how many characters I want more or as much.

Nominate Anna x3, Toon Zelda x2

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Ice Climbers
Chance: Well, let's discuss first. When it gets down to it, we really don't know a lot about their status. What it boils down to, we were told that there were technical limitations, and that Sakurai eventually dropped their programming due to little priority (a dead franchise, but how cool would it be to see a series revival for them. Anyone?). At this point it boils down to what one believes Sakurai meant when he said this. Personally, I see this as him saying "there were some technical limitations, and we most likely could have fixed them eventually, but we were also under time constraints, so the Ice Climbers had to be put on hold." Others see this strictly as "Sakurai said no, end of story." With a large fan base, and more time in the form of DLC, I think taking another look at the Ice Climbers is definitely in the Smash developer's favor, and they have a great shot at DLC. I'll give them an optimistic 70%.

Want: All the 100% - OK, aside from Snake (who I waver on for 3rd party reasons and a move set that's been divided among the existing characters) and Squirtle/Ivysaur (other unfortunate cuts, but they don't have the "stardom" that Charizard has, even if they were arguably more fun to play as than Charizard), the Ice Climbers are the only unique veterans that were cut from the Smash roster. We have Wolf, Roy, Pichu, and Young Link, but the bottom line, they are all based of characters that we already have in the game (Wolf to the least extent, he's a lot more unique than Falco). Sure, I'd like to see these veterans come back, but at the same time, I don't want to see DLC just filled up to the brim with "clones." Also, the Ice Climbers represent a series that in of itself was cut (again, along with Snake). With the removal of the Ice Climbers, we've lost an entire series. Finally, and to a lesser extent, we have Rosalina and Luma. That just seems like insult to injury for the Ice Climbers.

Woah, I apologize for the essay. I just really wanted to get my point across for these guys.

Sceptile, right? Well, I feel that the Pokemon series is already pretty decently represented, and I don't think it would hurt to actually have Ivysaur back first before him (maybe make Leech Seed his Down-Special), but I'm getting ahead of myself. Sceptile has a relatively decent fan base, so... 25%, maybe?

And finally, nominations. I don't really have anything I want to bring up right now, so I'll go with the two concepts I introduced last time. However, if someone really has an issue that they'd like to bring up, don't be afraid to ask me, these concepts are really just a side thing.
X3 Concept: This is the last Smash Bros. Game
X2 Concept: Roy DLC is an alternate for Marth (i.e. Olimar and Alph)

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Ice Climbers

Chance: 35%
They were cut for hardware limitatons. Sakurai wanted the rosters to be the same, and they made things complicated. I think I remember reading somewhere that they were working on the WiiU, just the 3DS couldn't handle it.
...but now with the new3DS, could they finish it up, and then make the DLC WiiU and new3DS exclusive?
...or would they change the mechanics slightly? After all, the complicated thing is that Nana is basically another full character. What if they made Nana simpler? After all, Rosalina can handle her Luma in a 4-man smash on 3DS and the 8-man on WiiU, why not reduce Nana down to that much technicality? Yeah, it's a change from before, but then they're back...
Want: 75%
I could never play them, but I do miss them. I'm hoping there's a correlation between Sakurai's latest 'I wanna make everyone happy with DLC' and the report from a while ago of 'I hate cutting characters since they all have fans' (but then again, Sakurai says a lot of things...) I would like to see these two come back, after all at this point, they're the only unique Melee veteran still not in the game. I'd also much rather have them back in a RosaLuma style than a solo Popo style, since they're about teamwork.
Prediction: Sceptile
Chance: 19.7%, Want: 40.2%
Nominations:
NPC Promotions x5​

Seanp12

Smash Journeyman
Ice Climbers 10%

SAKURAI ALREADY SAID THAT THE ROSTER WAS GOING TO BE THE SAME FOR BOTH VERSIONS
Sakurai says a lot of things that he seems to change on a whim. I think the fan vote may bring about such a whim.

Last edited:

Fire_Voyager

Smash Journeyman
Ice Climbers
Chances: 33%
Want: 60%

I miss them, I like their gimmick, it could get dangeorusly broken, but their were fun.
I think Sakurai should separate them. for this time... semicloning popo and nana into 2 characters, with similar moves, a new recovery move, like their condor.
If not, they may wait for 5mash... first veterans to be revealed with a really cool HD video, fighting a newcomer.

Sceptile
Prediction: 5% too much pokémons, but I like the idea of the Starter Trio, :4charizard:,:4greninja:& him... maybe for 5mash, when every big franchise will have 10 characters.

Noms:
Bub/Bob x5, :bubblebobble:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
@PK_Wonder

My Quote assessment was late, and I see now that Sceptile is next, but seeing as my late assessment was intended for prior to this revelation, I'm not going to bother changing it. I'll change my nominations in my IC assessment coming either later tonight or tomorrow.

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
Sakurai says a lot of things that he seems to change on a whim. I think the fan vote may bring about such a whim.
I don't think so, the DLC wasn't something planned at that moment
He never stated that they weren't gonna do it
Sakurai said that he didn't wanted to degrade the 3DS version, the Wii U is obviously better, but you can still play the 3Ds version, and know that it's the same Smash Bros Game
Also, the Wii U has it's own problems, maybe seeing 8 Rosalinas and Lumas is okay, but seeing 16 Ice Climbers isn't really likely
They could be banned from that mode easily, be DLC, but I keep my point that there's not gonna be Wii U exclusive DLC
Maybe if we get a Smash 3DS exclusive DLC that could be a thing :ohwell:

Last edited:

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
To compare with my other ratings. I'm of the opinion that Nintendo will milk the DLC hype train for as much cash as they can, and recent events have only strengthened that notion. As such, I expect plenty of DLC characters.

:wolf: Chance: 99%
Want: 100%

King K. Rool Chance 80%
Want: 75%

Bandanna Dee Chance: 70%
Want: 95%

Isaac Chance: 65%
Want: 85%

Captain Toad Chance: 58%
Want: 90%

Inkling Chance: 50%
Want: 20%

Rayman Chance: 40%

:snake: Chance: 40%

Dixie Chances: 39%
Want: 49%

Impa Chance: 25%

Banjo Chance: 20%

Krystal Chance: 15%

Quote Chance: 10%
Want: 95%

Shantae Chance: 5%
Want: 15%

Shovel Knight Chance: 3%
Want: 70%

Ice Climbers Chance: 50%

After lots of thinking, I'm going to give this a coin flip, because I honestly have no idea how likely the Ice Climbers are. Sakurai said they had trouble implementing them on the 3DS version, but not that they were impossible to implement. Will he take the time to try to implement them? Will he tweak them so they can work easily on the 3DS version? Will he go back on making the rosters the same and make them Wii U exclusive characters? Will he make them New 3DS exclusive DLC? Will he not bother with them whatsoever?

I have no idea!

Want: 80%

I miss the Ice Climbers. I absolutely sucked at playing them, but they had such a unique playstyle that no other character can replicate.

Sceptile Predictions: 15%

People will rate Sceptile low because of Mewtwo.

Noms:
Any NPC becomes playable x5

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
Ice climbers
ok before I even start I'm going to split the chance in to 2 1 for duo 1 for solo

Chance
Duo:1% unless they can some how magically fix the issue with both of them being on a 3ds with out it crashing or something then ok
Solo:30% I can see them do this and revamp the move set so it can work now I can hear the duo fans being close minded and say they will not be the same well at least it's better than no ice climbers at all. Though at this point they may leave room for newcomers as dlc.

Want: 40% never really used the ice climbers I did sometimes get lost on who I should keep alive they were ok. But I do want to try them again in SM4SH.

Nomination
Ninten x3
Django x2

D

Deleted member

Ice Climbers

Chance: 10%

On one side, I see Sakurai sticking to his word and excluding the Ice Climbers, but I can also imagine him giving us a solo Popo with a Nana alt. At the same time, they might not be a high priority since there are other first party characters that are more popular and/or Sakurai might be more interested in.

My opinion on Quote applies here; I wouldn't be excited to play as them, but I'd be glad for their fans.

Nomination: Zael x5

Last edited by a moderator:

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
Guys, getting Popo with Nana as an Alt is more likely than getting the Ice Climbers as a team
What would you prefer, having Popo with Nana as an alt?
Or not having anything?
Guys come on.
Nominate Wonder Red.
I'm actually changing my nomination to Wonder Red just because you asked nicely :p

Last edited:

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Guys, getting Popo with Nana as an Alt is more likely than getting the Ice Climbers as a team
Or not having anything?
Not having anything.

I'd rather remember them as a legacy fighter than destroy what made them special.

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
Or not having anything?
Not having anything. I liked the Ice Climbers due to their unique play-style. Shoehorning them in just to have them in kind of defeats the purpose of including them, I'd rather the time was spent creating other characters.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Ice Climbers:
Chance:
70%
Say what you want, but they are a wanted character (and one that was going to get in). So they do have at least some glimmer of hope (even if it is small).

Want
90%
I'll be frank, they're one of the veterans I was hoping to see back. And maybe with DLC they can get that chance.

Nomination:
Octorok x5

Prediction:
Sceptile will be below 50% because extra Pokemon Rep.

Or not having anything?
Can we get Condor instead? We could make it chuck eggplants at others and everything.
But to be serious, I'd accept them as an alt. They're still Ice Climbers after all. And that's what matters to me.

Last edited:

Seanp12

Smash Journeyman
@ Chalo5000 Chalo5000 : Maybe so, but I still could see him changing his mind if they get enough votes. I don't think he'd make 3DS exclusive DLC just to make up for it, particularly since he wouldn't have a good excuse like technical limitations.

Top Bottom