• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

Inklings
chance 35%
has recency and popularity and coild certainly be unuque. Everything that seems to matter d
for smash. However it might be too recent if you know what i mean.

This feels a littlenlow but oh well.

Want abstain. Havent played game.

Predictions 30%
people have been very generous with both 3rd parties nd rayman recently so ill be generois with my prediction

Noms
wonder red 2
ridley 2
viridi 1

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
http://www.gonintendo.com/s/251525-...lease-plague-of-shadows-update-challenge-mode
We’re very excited to announce that Shovel Knight is preparing for his trek to Japan! There’s lot’s to be done, but we’re moving forward with a plan and a fantastically passionate publishing team! We’ll have more details to share soon! This also means a new Japanese language option is coming to all versions of the game — perfect for adventurers picking up new language skills or those seeking a slightly new adventure!

Plague of Shadows, the first big free update, continues to bubble and brew– taking more of its final form each passing day! Lately we’ve been tackling alchemy items, upgrades, and overarching systems! We were elated (and breathed a collective sigh of relief) to hear everyone’s feedback on Plague Knight’s core mobility during PAX East; now we’re now moving full steam ahead on all the overarching elements that go into the most plague-ular adventure.

Are you more into digging than distillation? Already have your Feats book long filled out? Well, then sharpen your skills for Challenge Mode! Prove your mettle by taking on new scenarios and returning foes alike. Use every bit of Shovel Knight knowledge you have to take on speed run challenges, boss rematches, and other rule-benders… and expect some tricky puzzles too! Challenge Mode will debut alongside the Plague of Shadows Update. As new Updates take form…so too will new challenges!
I found some recent news that the game is also getting a Japanese release very soon. Consider that before giving him a very low percentage.

Last edited:

TheBazry64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheBazry64
Inklings
Chance: 40% heavily promoted by Nintendo + they allready have amiibos

Want: 100% Would bring the most unique playstyle in the game, that i could imagine

Prediciton: 28%

Noms
Andy x1
Ganon x2
Sceptile x2

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
While BKupa is on his way to derate Shovel Knight, I found some recent news that the game is also getting a Japanese release very soon. Consider that before giving him a very low percentage.
Keep up that passive aggressiveness and tell me how well it ends for you. :rolleyes:

:231:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Want: 0%
I will be angry if they made it in. Sure, they will be unique, but you are essentially putting in a character from a game that hasn't been released yet. I mean we had Roy in the past, but Fire Emblem was an established franchise by the time Melee came out. Here, this is a brand new IP. I would be livid if these guys made it in over established Nintendo characters like King K. Rool, Bandana Dee, etc.
Also, I hate the design of these guys and I am not a fan of their game so far. I think the Inklings look hideous and absolutely creepy. As for their game, I found it to be incredibly boring as more footage was being shown.
Maybe I will warm up to them when, I dunno, their actual game is released? I rather not support a new character who's game hasn't released yet and thus have no connection to.
No offense XenoBrawler, but by the time Inklings would realistically be included in Smash their game will have been out for at least several months.
There is way more time for consumers to "get to know" the Inklings before they appear before Greninja.

SL the Pyro

Smash Apprentice
Chance: 15%
I just can't give the Inklings anything higher.

Pros:
+Popularity: People just fell in love when they saw the Inklings for the first time. I'm still finding fanarts all over the place.
+Exposure: Nintendo is promoting them for all they're worth, with DLC and Amiibos already advertised before Splatoon even hit shelves. They're clearly expecting great things.

Cons:
-Lifetime: Splatoon is in its infancy right now, having been worked on for quite a while but not having been released yet.
-Legacy: None whatsoever.
-Playability: I'm having trouble coming up with a functional moveset for the Inklings, most of which stems from their game being a shooter with no showcased melee alternative. Mega Man had the advantage of having literally 100+ weapons to make his moveset out of, whereas the Inkling's options are not only severely limited, they're also unknown and can't really be explored until the game comes out in May.
-Jumping the gun: As I stated before, this isn't like with Roy; Fire Emblem was already a successful series in Japan so there was no trouble using him to promote the next unreleased game. Splatoon, on the other hand, hasn't fully entered the gaming scene yet, and including the Inklings in Smash is going to look really stupid if Splatoon itself bombs. Their one saving grace is that Splatoon will be out before the Ballot finishes so people have time to decide.

C'mon, I like the Inklings as much as everyone else, but there are surely other, better-established characters that actually deserve the roster spots more than these squidbillies that aren't even a year old. I might be more receptive if we're getting something like 16-22 DLC characters like that one theory stated, but if we're getting a relatively low number of DLC characters then I honestly think them taking up a spot would be a huge shameless plug, and by extension - and I do not say this lightly - a waste.

----------

Rayman
Prediction: 45%
If the mountains of salt due to that fake leak proved anything, it's that Rayman still has quite a strong fan following. Origins and Legends certainly helped, and let's not forget The Great Escape which pretty much established him as a character. As far as third party characters go, he has a pretty good shot.

----------

Nominations: Shovel Knight x5 (might as well finish the "Indie" discussion that Shantae started)

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm just tired of people giving very low ratings to these characters. :p
That's what I'm concerned about for the most part.
You're implying that they're wrong for giving them low scores when they know just as much about the situation as you. The only difference is the way they're weighing each pro and con for the character, that is to say, another way of interpreting the circumstances.

You're in no position to call them out saying that their interpretation is wrong when it's just a difference of opinion in the end. You're free to try and convince them, but no name calling and singling out someone.

:231:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Can we focus on the message BluePikmin posted.

Shovel Knight is getting released in Japan, therefore it increases its chances.
That's not something to go all out attack him for.

I will keep this in mind when rating Shovel Knight.
Not much, but I'll keep it in mind.

SL the Pyro

Smash Apprentice
I only defended Shantae so vehemently because it seemed like people didn't do the bloody research. People just seemed to be saying ">Indie? Sod off." without looking up anything about the character to see what she actually had going for her, and I found that more than a little unfair. She should be given as much consideration as any other third party character, and that means making an effort to at least learn about the character.

And I'd extend the same courtesy to Shovel Knight. I still think Shantae should have better chances, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to give Mr. Justice in Spades a fair shot. Sure, the Japanese version of the game isn't out yet, but it is still planned, and that's worthy of note.

Last edited:

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
I'm just tired of people giving very low ratings to these characters. :p
That's what I'm concerned about for the most part.
Please understand we got to look at factors first Hell I want like 3 3rd party characters but I know that their chances are really low so we need to be realistic bro

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord

Still doesnt increase his chances. 3rd party characters have to be huge and iconic. Shovel Knight is neither of these, and is nowhere close to this status. Each of the five 3rd party Smash fighters (Including Ryu) has over 20 years of icon status... Shovel Knight has what...a year? And even if hes already reached his peak of popularity, he is still pretty much non-existent to most of the world.

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Still doesnt increase his chances. 3rd party characters have to be huge and iconic. Shovel Knight is neither of these, and is nowhere close to this status. Each of the five 3rd party Smash fighters (Including Ryu) has over 20 years of icon status... Shovel Knight has what...a year? And even if hes already reached his peak of popularity, he is still pretty much non-existent to most of the world.
Who says I can't give him 5% when keeping it in mind.

Although to be devil's advocate, the ballot searches for popularity and Shovel Knight gives it just that.
But yes, I want this nostalgia f***** fad far out of Smash.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Inklings
Chance - 60%
I think they have a pretty good chance, the only thing that might stand in their way is if Sakurai feels that Splatoon is too young an IP to get a playable character. Personally I don't think that will be an issue but it could be....

Want - 95%
I would love to see the Inklings added as playable characters and I think they would fit in so easily. They have a lot of personality and a lot of interesting moveset potential. Only reason I didn't give them a perfect 100 is that Isaac is the only character I really really want above all else.

Nominations:
Bayonetta x3
Chibi Robo x2

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
Anyways.......

Rayman:

Chance as DLC 15%
Chance of being in Smash 5: 50%
Want: 40%

Uniqueness: Moveset would be well suited for smash. His fists would be charged up like DK's, and then used as projectiles. I can see him working well.

Icon Status: Not up there with some 3rd characters, but he is Ubisoft's mascot. He has had many titles on Nintendo platforms....most notably Rayman 2 and Rayman Legends. His series has sold very well on Nintendo Platforms (Counting Rabbids). Nintendo has published him in Japan, and he seems to fit in jut well. His 20th birthday should be coming up soon as well.

Rayman is a character that I can see going either way in the next Smash game. Ubisoft wanted him in Smash 4, and he didn't get in for what ever those reasons may be. I can see Ubisoft pushing Rayman next time around, and he would make a great guest Fighter contender next time around.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Inkling

Chances: 40% to be generous

Okay, it is a new IP that isn't out yet but they seem to be popular on the ballot. I don't know if the game splatoon will sell well but we are going to have to wait it out. The main selling point is the newly announced Wii U bundle. It is impossible for me to say with certainty that they will be supported right now. New IP characters might be saved for dlc at a much later date.

Want: 0% because I wasn't really interested in Splatoon. I watched the directs for Xenoblade X :p

Rayman 20%

I nominate KOS-MOS X5 again. I forgot to nominate her yesterday, damn it.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Last edited:

Fire_Voyager

Smash Journeyman
Inklings
Chance: 70%
If they put Roy in Melee for publicity, The inklings are the best option.

Want: 90%
No more Clones, fun design, projectiles, female and male, and the game looks fun, and I don't think it will flop.

Rayman
Prediction 40%

Hex (Omni) put his name in the high request side, and he deserves a spot as a newer leyend.

OmNomNominations
Bub/Bob x2
Bayonetta 1x
Quote 1x
Geno 1x

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Inklings

Chance 55%

Well they have ben premoted for quite a while and its not even out yet, they even have amiibos, plus they are getting requested,

And ofcoarse E3 is coming up if roy and ryu are becoming dlc that will help the inklings and plus sakurai could make inklings dlc to promote the game even more, (greninja got in before x and y was even announced a believe.)

Oh
http://i.imgur.com/ePRKw1S.jpg

Its unoffical but inklings is number 2 on the ballots early results

Want 50%

They are infant age to nintendo we already have greninja for that role in this one but i do want them.

Rayman 30-40% zone.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

Nobodies attacking him for posting information, he was calling out a specific user about it, as you can see from other people's posts...
Personally I'm not sure why it's being brought up as Rayman's next and Shovel Knight's turn probably won't be for a few days still...
Either way a Japanese release doesn't increase his chances that much to be honest, his chances won't be any better than Shantae's...

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
"im tired of peoples opinions that have logic behind them"

Calling people out isnt going to help your argument.
Soory, but a lot of them weren't because of logics.

It's either the way people saw the numbers, we can't know because not much explanation and you also have to consider that USUALLY, being neutral means that you might not have studied enough the case to care enough.

If it's well explained AND the number matches the explanation, it's fine, but again, people don't have the same numbers standards....

There's sometime logical flaws, but most of the time it's what I told a bit above.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Man, I keep forgetting to check this thread. I'm really interested in seeing what people think about certain characters.

Inklings

Chance: 55%

With the potential to have only 2 more pre-ballot DLC characters, I'm afraid the Inklings have an uphill battle. If one of those spots is for Wolf. that means the Inklings will have to fight with every other character that Sakurai and his team wants to include for one spot. I'm not sure how many characters there will be post-ballot, or if the 2 slots that were found are actually for the ballots, but with Ryu and Roy's potential inclusion the Inklings chances have dropped from my original prediction. If they don't come in Sm4sh DLC, then I fully expect them in Smash 5.

In favor:
Nintendo is heavily promoting Splatoon
Interesting personalities/ world / unique series
Lots of popularity, even pre-release
Might be in the top 10 for want.
Has decent Japan support.
Could promote Splatoon even more (Smash and Splatoon fanbase seems like they would converge)
Male and female set up.

Against:
Limited DLC spots.
The game isn't even out yet.
Isn't the most requested character.

Want: 80%

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Inkling:
Chance: 45% - They got amiibos. They're supposed to be Nintendo's new A-List IP (Sorry Pushmo, steel diver, codename steam, and rolling western fans, we're staying in the B-list for a while. Maybe not Steam). But they also don't exist to players yet

Want - 10% - Want likely to go up after I've played Splatoon.

Prediction: Rayman - 35% - Ubi's been trying hard to make it happen.

....And it still hasn't yet.

Nominating:
Andy x5

Last edited:

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Inklings

Chance: 15% - I'm amazed at the scores today for these guys. 50%+ scores for a character(s) whose game hasn't even released yet? I know it's highly anticipated but geez guys. If it ends up being a massive, broken, unfun flop you're all just setting yourself up for a huge disappointment. As for the characters themselves, the Inklings definitely have uniqueness down, but as for star power? I don't think an unreleased character can even have star power IMO. Smash's whole point is that it's Nintendo's best of the best, not just the most recent fad, which is how I personally see the Inklings as of right now. However, that didn't stop us from getting Rosalina, so a 15% I feel is about right for the chances of that happening again.

Want: 5% - I'm probably the only person in the world who's actually lost interest in Splatoon over time. At its initial reveal I thought it was cool as hell, but as time's gone on and Nintendo and the rest of the internet have pushed Splatoon and the Inklings harder than a trash compactor, I've sort of grown sick of it being literally everywhere. I've not really seen much since that initial E3 reveal to rekindle my interest either. There was the initial reveal, and since then it feels like it's just been the same features and concepts over and over again without any real "new" ideas since then. I've just grown bored of the game tbh. I'm still going to buy it if for no other reason than to support new IP's by Ninty, but I sure hope the game wows me more playing it than hearing about it.

However, they would have one hell of a unique moveset, which is the only reason why they've got 5% want.

Rayman Prediction: Rayman's going to be divisive, that's for sure, but I feel he's got enough backing to garner around a 43%.

Nominations: Ray (Custom Robo) x 3, Andy (Advance Wars) x 2

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
Inkling:
Chance: 45% - They got amiibos. They're supposed to be Nintendo's new A-List IP (Sorry Pushmo, steel diver, codename steam, and rolling western fans, we're staying in the B-list for a while. Maybe not Steam). But they also don't exist to players yet

Want - 10% - Want likely to go up after I've played Splatoon.

Prediction: Rayman - 35% - Ubi's been trying hard to make it happen.

....And it still hasn't yet.

Nominating:
King K. Rool x5
K Rool has already been rated:p Theres plenty of other characters begging for nominations though :)

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Inkling:

Chance - 30% their game is rather recent and it'd be best to wait a few months after their game is released.

Want - 50% I have no strong feelings one way or the other

Rayman prediction: 36.83%

Nominations:
Snake (Metal Gear) x3
"Moonstruck Blossom" x1
Concept: Shadow Moses stage, music and Grey Fox AT included with Snake x1

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Chance: 15%
I just can't give the Inklings anything higher.

Pros:
+Popularity: People just fell in love when they saw the Inklings for the first time. I'm still finding fanarts all over the place.
+Exposure: Nintendo is promoting them for all they're worth, with DLC and Amiibos already advertised before Splatoon even hit shelves. They're clearly expecting great things.

Cons:
-Lifetime: Splatoon is in its infancy right now, having been worked on for quite a while but not having been released yet.
-Legacy: None whatsoever.
-Playability: I'm having trouble coming up with a functional moveset for the Inklings, most of which stems from their game being a shooter with no showcased melee alternative. Mega Man had the advantage of having literally 100+ weapons to make his moveset out of, whereas the Inkling's options are not only severely limited, they're also unknown and can't really be explored until the game comes out in May.
-Jumping the gun: As I stated before, this isn't like with Roy; Fire Emblem was already a successful series in Japan so there was no trouble using him to promote the next unreleased game. Splatoon, on the other hand, hasn't fully entered the gaming scene yet, and including the Inklings in Smash is going to look really stupid if Splatoon itself bombs. Their one saving grace is that Splatoon will be out before the Ballot finishes so people have time to decide.

C'mon, I like the Inklings as much as everyone else, but there are surely other, better-established characters that actually deserve the roster spots more than these squidbillies that aren't even a year old. I might be more receptive if we're getting something like 16-22 DLC characters like that one theory stated, but if we're getting a relatively low number of DLC characters then I honestly think them taking up a spot would be a huge shameless plug, and by extension - and I do not say this lightly - a waste.

----------

Rayman
Prediction: 45%
If the mountains of salt due to that fake leak proved anything, it's that Rayman still has quite a strong fan following. Origins and Legends certainly helped, and let's not forget The Great Escape which pretty much established him as a character. As far as third party characters go, he has a pretty good shot.

----------

Nominations: Shovel Knight x5 (might as well finish the "Indie" discussion that Shantae started)
I feel like Inklings really haven't established themselves compared to someone like:4shulk:who atleast have his game from 2010 in Japan then 2012 in the west plus Xenoblade X was announced around then.

I don't want it to be another Golden Sun where people pushed this like the next big thing and feel completely off after one bad game like Dark Dawn.

:wolf:100%
:ivysaur::squirtle:35%
:pichumelee::younglinkmelee:10%
:snake:40%
:popo:45% (as Solo 80%)

K. Rool 78%
Tetra 50%
Dixie Kong 67%
Wonder Red 52%
Andy/Sami 60%
Issac 55%
Impa 70%
Ray MK2 35%
Inkling 30%
Mach Rider 20%
Chorus Kids 27% (Marshall as a lone character with his friends as alts 50%)

Assist Trophies/Ridley 10-15%
Chrom 0% (If you can figure out a way for revise a final smash, he's done)

Rayman 40%
Bayonetta 40% (given an extra chance due to Ryu)
Banjo Kazooie 20%
Shantae 25%
Shovel Knight 10%
Simon Belmont 50% (75% in Smash 5/NX whatever)
Extra Namco rep 60%
Extra Sega/Atlus rep 55%
Square Enix rep 45-60%
Geno 25%

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Inklings
Chance: 50%
- Inkling's chances definitely aren't as good as they could be, simply because of Splatoon's release date being so soon (29 MAY 2015 for worldwide release) and if the game were to come out later in the year, then the Inkling's chance would be as high as 90%. It makes sense to have a representative of a game/series be an already existing one, but for a completely new game/series, it would make sense to release a rep BEFORE the game/series official release date for drive up the hype. See Roy's case for more.
I dunno. It just makes for sense to me if they were released as DLC BEFORE the game came out.

Want: 45%
- A few weeks ago, I made a Top 5 DLC fighters for Smash 4. Due to it being a Top 5, Inklings were listed as one of three honorable mentions. I have my 'want' score lower then I normally would because of there being several other characters I'd like to get in first (Hence that Top 5 video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPkVT_VR9mI)

Prediction: Rayman - 15% Chance/25% Want
- After Artsy Omni's beautiful fake Rayman leak, a lot of people were left heartless and salty. I would be too if one of my Top 2 DLC picks were faked to that caliber. I just don't think it's possible, even with his trophy being in the game. There's just too much crap between Ubisoft and Nintendo. Still, a good bit of people still would like to see him in, although I'd prefer he'd stay out.

Nomination: Wolf - x5
- We need him back

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Inkling Chance:
55%
This is a character that can really go either way really. On one hand, Nintendo is truly pushing Splatoon as a major IP and in advertising; the Splatoon amiibos to the Playboy advertisements to the Gametruck partnership (that's coming in June) and the other promotions prove this. Not only that, they also do have an easy to see playstyle that can translate well to Smash. There's quite a lot going for their inclusion, but in the end it's really up to Sakurai.

The situation for the Inklings is a pretty unique one that hasn't been done before. Sakurai could easily just deny the Inklings simply because their IP is too new and too much of a risk (IMO it's less risky, because there a noticeable load of people are hyped for Splatoon.), this new situation can be really hard to to predict. Maybe Sakurai is just simply waiting for the release to see how successful it is before he considers them for characters. Though, I believe that can easily change with the high amount of requests the Inklings are getting in the ballot, he could change his mind and become less skeptical of the new IP.

The situation is hard to predict, they have so much going for them right now, but yet they still have to go through Sakurai first.

Inkling Want:
70%
A much higher percentage than other characters. I'm very hyped for Splatoon, and I want a demo to come out badly. Very curious of Sakurai's decision with giving Splatoon a character.

Rayman Prediction:
67.85% This will probably be higher, as most of the people will use "iconic status" and popularity as their main reasons.

Nominations:
x5 Quote

Are you aware that Mewtwo not having custom moves makes him unbalanced by default compared to the rest of the cast? Just saying. :rolleyes:
What's with the eye roll? How does it make him unbalanced exactly?

Last edited:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Inklings: 55% Chance / 100% Want

The Facts:
- Nintendo is promoting the heck out of this game. I can't recall a single Nintendo game that has gotten all of this for advertising:
-- Game Trucks across America with demo builds of the game inside for people to reserve to play
-- Wii U Bundle
-- Demos at fighting tournaments like Apex
-- an official Tumblr site
-- Amiibo, making them one of the very first non-Smash Bros. characters to get amiibos ('sup Toad). The game is also the third series of amiibo, and their amiibo are really popular (the 3-pack with the exclusive squid sells out in about 20-30 minutes)

- The characters are popular. There is a dedicated fanbase for this game already.
-- While they don't top the smash polls ('sup K. Rool / Shovel Knight), they consistently perform well among the newcomers (usually within top 5 and top 10). Considering the game (as many of emphasized already) isn't even out yet and the characters are already this popular
-- Splatoon stole the show at E3 last year. Not Smash. Splatoon.

- Inklings are first party produced. They aren't just published by Nintendo like DK, Metroid, Kid Icarus, Pokemon, Fire Emblem, etc. They're characters designed first hand by Miyamoto and his team.
-- To illustrate this point clearly in the realm of Smash, the only characters from Nintendo's first party published games that haven't made it into Smash as playable fighters are Nintendog, a Steel Diver character and Dr. Kawashima (depending on if he counts as a character due to being a real person).

- Splatoon comes out on May 29, 2015. Basically, 5 weeks from now.

In short, their situation right now is unique. On one hand, they aren't even out yet making their status as all-stars questionable at best. But on the other, given everything mentioned above, I don't think it's entirely out of the realm of possibility. I wouldn't be surprised to see them, as their resume is jawdropping considering their lifespan of not-even-out-yet. I think it really just depends on how much EAD Tokyo and the fanbase pushes Sakurai towards including them.

The game looks awesome. I hate shooters but Splatoon is making me reconsider because it looks absolutely perfect. Inklings look super fun. The game looks super fun. The amiibo support looks cool (if only I could get them...). Hope others are willing to give the game a try.

Flor@

Smash Apprentice
Inkling

Chance: Depends on Splatoon's success! = 50%

It's an up-and-coming game, and it's already pretty popular without even having come out yet. People are already trying to buy the amiibos, and "Inkling Girl" is super cute. Still, this chance rating does depend on the success of Splatoon. Is it coming out before the ballot ends? If so, the chances of her/him being allowed to join the roster may change drastically.

Want: Sure! = 50%
I voted for the Ice Climbers and for Inkling (and will soon be adding Shantae to this list). Though honestly I feel like Shantae is a bit more of a deserving character given the awesome possibilities for her moveset. Inkling is just kinda like, she's cute, and... yeah new game. Woohoo?? Basically for the 'moe' +female-fighter aspect. But Shantae fits both of those categories so she's slightly more desirable.

Rayman Prediction: Mmhhh = 20% (definitely possible... but... questionable)
Idk, I don't know a lot about Rayman, and... well... idk, he's very popular! I just don't know if he fits in with the general feel of Smash Bros. His hitboxes might be confusing at times. Or maybe he'll just end up as a very disjointed, sloppy-large hitbox sort of character, if he makes it in. I think he has a relatively high chance of getting in, but he almost seems like too obvious of a choice or something. I don't really want him in, maybe that's why. haha.

Nomations (if I can still nominate? I'm guessing you can nominate once (x5) every day, so that's how I'm treating this.)
Ice Climbers x 5
(since we've had Shantae get her chance, it's time for the ICs to come on in!)

Arthreeteseven

Smash Ace
Inkling

Chances: 70%

Here is a rare character that is both a brand new Nintendo character and offers a completely original playstyle. The only real hurdle is that Splatoon is a brand new game and traditionally Smash fighters are expected to have a long history with Nintendo (:roypm:,:4greninja:, being the exceptions of course). However, Inkling is easily in the top 3 most popular characters for the ballet right now, so I think a 70% chance is reasonable despite how recent the franchise is. call me optimistic but I think Nintendo is going to be very excited that Inkling is doing so well in the polls and will probably make Inkling a priority if they can.

Want: 100%

Inkling is currently my top pick for DLC. I think having a DLC character along side the game will be great for publicity's sake. In addition, and more importantly, Inkling would finally provide a "Gun" based character that can actually use a collection of different kinds of "firearms" to fight in battle. In other words Inkling could play the way Snake should have played, just shooting Ink instead of bullets. The Inklings are expertly designed and come in a variety of shapes and colors that would fit perfectly in the Sm4sh roster.

Rayman Predictions:
Chance: 55%
Want: 65%

Nominations:
Pichu x5

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
The Inklings:

Chance: 70%
With all the support they're getting for a game that isn't even out, I have to say that's quite impressive. Even Nintendo seems to be pushing them and I think they could be a very interesting character just by the looks of the game.

Want: 1%
Sorry, I have no interest for the character as of now. Maybe when the game comes out, but until then...

Nominations:
Paper Mario x3
Mona x2

Last edited:

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
Inklings:
Chance: 5%. Their game not being out hurts their chances.
Want: 0%. Let me play their game and then *maybe* I'll be interested.

Top Bottom