• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

EyexSore

Smash Apprentice
NNID
theultimatetater
3DS FC
0259-0815-3282
Impa - 20%

Ice Climber x3
Chorus Men x2

Prediction Shantae - 10%

I will not be nice to indie characters.
Since when is Shantae indie? She was on the gameboy for christ's sake.

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
Impa
chance: 50%
could go either way

want: 10%
I really don't care about impa

Shantae prediction: 45% because of reasons

nominations: Rayman x5

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I believe it is because her games had a kick starter, which kick starters are usually associated with Indie Games and Developers in the public's eyes.

D

Deleted member

Wasn't Wayforward Technology formed as an independent video game company?

Also even if Shantae isn't indie, she hardly compares to the ones already in a Smash game (plus Ryu).

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
I alway
When a character is labelled as "indie", it means that they are owned by a developer who does not have enough mainstream exposure to catch public interest. Coming from 'the little guys', it's a fair concern that indie characters might have a harder time making it into Smash.

Troykv

Smash Master
Impa

Chance: 20%

The only possible Zelda Rep

Want 35%

Meh, she is pretty much "Muh Reps the character" I don't see nothing special about her.

Prediction:

Shantae Chance: 10%

Nominations:

Micaiah x2
Tiki x2
Kos-mos x1

ZecaOMestre

Smash Apprentice
Impa
Although she's the ne of the few possible new Zelda reps, I just don't think she has enough importance or popularity to warrant a spot in the roster.

Want: 30%
Meh

Shantae Prediction: 3%

Nominations:
Sceptile x2
Chrous Men x3

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Impa
Chance: 15%
Besides Tetra she's the only feasible character left to rep zelda, she's fairly important in the series and is female, she could also be a quick clone but could also have a unique moveset using either magic from skyward sword (The blue stuff she has) or her weapons in Hyrule Warriors. The only real chance she has to get in is if she's in Zelda Wii U in which her chances and popularity will probably skyrocket

Want: 100%
YAAASSS QUEEN!

Nomination:
Tetra x5

Last edited:

TheBazry64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheBazry64
Impa

Chance: 33%
Only possible Zelda character left besides beast ganon.

Want: 70% I would like to see her but would not be hyped.

Prediction: 4%

Nominations: Sceptile x2
Beast Ganon x2
Andy (advance wars) x1

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Impa Chance:
10%
One of the two options left for a Zelda newcomers for DLC. She certainly has gained a surprising amount of popularity since her major role in Hyrule Warriors. She would also be an easy to develop clone with her similar body type to Sheik. (I highly highly doubt she'll be a unique character) That's where the positives end, as there is one large negative that can easily stop her inclusion.

Like with Captain Toad and Bandanna Dee, her importance to the Zelda games has really staggered with Hyrule Warriors and Sakurai may find her inclusion to not be worthy and early because of this. She'll have to prove her inclusion with consistent major appearances in future Zelda games, and not have minor roles in order to be a top contender in Zelda candidates in future Smash games.

In short, Impa has an ok chance to get in as DLC, but it's likely too early to add her as a character. She'll need to prove she is
worthy through consistent major appearances.

Impa Want:
5%
Impa isn't that interesting to me IMO, she got a bit interesting when it came to Hyrule Warriors, but knowing that she'll probably be a clone if she's added, I can't get very excited about her. I highly prefer Pig Ganon.

Shantae Prediction:
12.4% Knowing the supporters, it will probably be more than 10%. And there will be the ones who discredit her chances easily because she's not iconic, which is a BS statement to me. For your sake people, please rate fairly and in-depth and not give them a 0% chance. Most people's 0% ratings backfired when Dark Pit, Bowser Jr., and Dr. Mario were leaked back in the old ratings thread.

Nominations:
x5 Agnes Oblige

Last edited:

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Shoutouts to @BKupa666, @ Delzethin Delzethin , & @jahkzheng. I always look forward to reading your transparent & streamlined analyses daily.

Now where were we?

RATINGS

Impa

Chance - 40.5%: With the current state of the ballot and the spread of the notable Zelda side characters in various roles within Smash 4, there aren't any characters who are strikingly obvious to break top percentile for DLC.

The Zelda series is in a strange predicament when it comes to newcomers: all 3 of the Triforce characters have been in since Melee and Sheik's remained a fan favorite. Young/Toon Link aside, all that's left to choose from are dark horses. Impa's a character that feels stronger with the more belligerent competitors out of the way, such as Midna or even Ghirahim. Even then, she has an edge in that she's known to be Zelda's guardian, giving her more frequent appearances to boot. Right now, her support is at its epitome, and it's only made more appealing by the recent attention she's been getting through her own series.

For the sake of trend, the moderately-young, sleek, lithe incarnation of Impa would be the most likely to get in. Her Skyward Sword appearance seems to be received higher than in Ocarina of Time, and Hyrule Warriors really took creative liberties with her character. It's either her Hyrule Warriors design or an amalgamation between that and her Skyward Sword design that people want to see. There's a concern about using a non-canon version of Impa because of possible 3rd-party licensing difficulties and unfaithfulness compared to her canon offerings. This is understandable, but I question whether or not it would be so hard when Nintendo already owns the rights to all Zelda material. People were concerned about property from Donkey Kong Country or 64 and they still got plenty of nods in the game. Maybe you could say the same for Star Fox Adventures.

Moveset wise, Impa has much material to feel different from Sheik. Pulling from Hyrule Warriors, she could use her Giant's Knife and naginata as a primary means of attack and/or specials. She could use water waves and tides, freezing water around opponents heads to encase them, raining water daggers or fire naginatas from above, bursting her naginatas into flames, flame serpents, and summoning a circle of massive blades to quake the ground. Being the Sage of Shadow in Ocarina of Time, there could be dark magic attacks and stealth to be involved too.

Overall, Impa has some identity problems to sort out and her support isn't strong enough to outbound many of the characters that have much more autonomy within their own series or alone. Perhaps we'll see more of her currently-realized character in Zelda U. Nothing but more prominent roles is good for her. Even with her one-offness already given to a couple of stars in the initial roster.

Want - 85%: I'm open to Skyward Sword/Hyrule Warriors Impa being a playable character. She sounds like a fun, striking character that would break the mold of our usual Zelda fare. I have a soft spot for obscure characters too, so she would be welcome to me.

Again, this comes down to me being largely indifferent to the Zelda franchise. I'm satisfied with the current cast as it is and there are characters I want & feel more deserved over Impa. I place her higher because I would take her over more popular choices.

PREDICTIONS

Shantae

Chance - 20.5%:
Want - 75.7%:

NOMINATIONS

Concept: No DLC Characters After Fighter Ballot x3
Galacta Knight x2

I feel that Shovel Knight has enough vote power that he's highly likely to be locked later this week. Keep it coming, my fellow squires of spade!

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
hey, RTC is back! nice c:

Anyway uh
Impa:
Chance - 30% I'd say Hyrule Warriors gave her a huge popularity boost. Though it may still not be enough
Want - 20% She'd likely be a clone (or fusion clone of two different characters) but if she is unique I'm all for it.

Shantae Prediction: 8%

Nominations:
x3 Snake (Metal Gear)
x1 "Captain Falcon's theme"
x1 Concept: Shadow Moses stage, music and Grey Fox AT included with Snake

Last edited:

Arthreeteseven

Smash Ace
Impa

Chance: 30%

Impa will only get in the game if a large fan base votes for her, and in my opinion there is not a large enough fan-base to support her at this time.

Want: 20% (if I thought that Hyrule Warriors Impa was a real possibility this number would jump up signifigantly)

So here is the thing, I hate the idea of "number of reps" being proportionate to the importance of the series. The best example is my all time favorite video gaming franchise, Kirby. I don't want a new Kirby rep because the most important characters form the Kirby franchise are already in the game. That's why I don't support Bandana Dee, Nightmare Wizard, Gooey, Rick, etc. While on the other hand I fully support the inclusion of more Pokemon characters because they provide a wider level of diversity then many other franchises.

I support King K. Rool because he is a cool character with an interesting personality and potential moveset, not because the DK franchise "deserves" more representatives. Similarly I don't mind the return of Roy in Sm4sh because I don't care if there are 5 or 10 Fire Emblem characters, as long as each one is compelling and interesting as a playable character.

Sm4sh already includes more characters then I ever thought possible. Nearly every main/beloved character form the Nintendo pool of franchises is present and nearly every important side kick is there too. I mean honestly we are rating the chances of Impa, Dixie, K. Rool, and Bandana Dee as DLC to a game with 50ish characters already! Could you imagine those three being serious contenders for Melee or Brael? I remember a long period of time where I was genuinely concerned that Diddy, Wario, Little Mac, Pit, ROB, King Dedede, and Charizard would never be playable because they weren't "popular" enough. Now we have all of those and tons more!

When it comes to the Zelda franchise we have 5 great characters, that's two more then we need (in my opinion) and I am more then satisfied with the Zelda roster as it is. When it comes to franchises that have multiple reps, I support characters for the sake of the character, not the need to have a large number of reps.

For that reason I come down pretty hard on Impa. There are a group of fans that support Impa because they love Impa, and for there sake I don't mind if Impa is added in the game. That's why I gave a 20% chance instead of a lower number, simply because I would love to see her die hard fans happy. However, there seems to be very few die hard Impa fans, instead we have a lot of Zelda fans that feel cheated out of getting another character in Sm4sh, Which is not an argument that I think holds up. I just think that Impa isn't the solution to Zelda fan's woes. Maybe a character like Tingle, Ghirahim, or Midna would provide something new and exciting but since they are ATs fans seem to be gravitating to the one significant Zelda character that isn't an AT instead.

Although, on the other hand, I would love to see any of the Zelda Hyrule Warriors characters. I think they are very well designed and I would be really excited if Smash Brothers began using the HW designs as the default for Zelda characters since they combine the magic of all the Zelda games. If the Impa we are talking about was the Hyrule Warrirors version I would be rating at least 70%, but like what many others have said, HW is not canon and therefore is far less likely to receive representation.

Predictions:
Shantae: 5% both ways, she is one of my favorite Indie characters but I don't expect her to do well int he polls

Nominations:

Inkling x5

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Can someone answer me why Ryu and Roy votes are locked until the 27th? Are people expecting them to be released that day?

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Time for Ad-Rant-Ure
Welcome to the WeirdChillFever Challenger Spotlight

Featuring Impa, the blessed bodyguard
Impa would be a clone of Sheik.

I don't think that Impa would be a clone, even when not pulling inspiration from her Hyrule Warriors design.

The reason for that is that she's strongly affiliated with the Royal Family AND the Sheikah.

Her moveset would not only be unique, but a awesome representation of the Zelda series and its lore.

First up is her strong affiliation with time.
In Skyward Sword and the Zelda series in general, she's known for her two incarnations, the young and the old one.
In the former game, she traveled between the two with the Gate of Time and she seemed to have control over it.

You might think: "Alrighty then USpecial cloned from Zelda, teleport through gates!"
No, I feel that a better move is good for this move.

Down B: Gate of Time
Impa summons the Gate of Time.
The Gate opens and time slows down for whoever touches it.

Next up is her strong bond with the Royal Family.
As the protector of Zelda, she could use all kinds of moves she or Link don't use.
Ocarina? Triforce? The original Goddess items from OoT? All fair game!

Heck, even the Goddess Harp Sheik uses in Hyrule Warriors can come to Smash with Impa!

Last but definitely not least is her being a Sheikah.
Yeah, Sheik kinda counts as one too but have you ever seen Needles in the Zelda series?
No! You've seen Deku Nuts!

Have you seen Sheik Bouncing Fish before!
Yes! At Lake Hylia to the tree! That's why it's called Bouncing Fish! (but that doesn't prove my impa point but ok.)

But Sheikahs have done a lot before.

Making Truth Masks (Taunt!), Gossip Stones (Boinging LLoids since day 1), Hover Boots (Recovery move) and the Lens of Truth.

This allow to maybe have a move where she runs around on Hover Boots, makes blocks that are invisible unless she uses the Lens of Truth to reveal them for everybody.

Being a Sage of Shadow doesn't just mean you can pull off a Greninja oh no.
Even the Eye Symbol can make a cameo for a fiery USmash!

Impa being a clone of Zelda and Sheik?
Yes.

If Zelda and Sheik were what they should've been.
A love song to Zelda and its lore, tribes and relics.

Tingle Tingle?
Vote for Impa!

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
Can someone answer me why Ryu and Roy votes are locked until the 27th? Are people expecting them to be released that day?
Giving people time to gather their thoughts after their sound files were leaked to be in the 3DS version, as well as time to make sure it's verified/disproven.

Fire_Voyager

Smash Journeyman
Impa
Chances: 10%
If she is important in ZeldaWiiU, that would be nice, but she isn't that relevant in the "nintendo universe" of characters... Maybe for 5ma5h, I think we need representation for other franchises: Retros, News, Indies.

Want: 25%
I hope Sakurai do his work to make her unique, and not a clone. Another Clone for TLoZ is a Disrespect:4ganondorf::4tlink:

Shantae
Prediction: 10%... from here onwards, I dont' think anyone would get over 25% chances...

Nominations
Bub/Bob:bubblebobble: 2x (They are even a smilie here, so they are confirmed... as Shaq :yeahboi: and his disco ball final smash:disco:)
Quote 1x (The Seminal Indie Game character)
Rayman 1x (F*ck*n Ubisoft and their plan to break the Rayman Deal)
DLC characters get custom moves (including Mewtwo through patching) x10000 this is why I lost some of my faith in the DLC

Last edited:

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Just a friendly reminder that if you edit your nominations after the fact (if I've liked your post, I've already counted them), to just let me know, either by tagging me or PMing. Thanks everyone! :4pikachu: and if I ever don't like a post that had nominations in it, let me know, and I'll make sure they are retroactively counted in the next update. I read every single post but I'm human and could definitely miss counting something once in awhile. :)

Edit: also, Wolf and Inklings are tied, so Day 10 is still anyone's battle!

Last edited:

Captain Toad

Smash Apprentice
@KingBro1: It's a good game and worth giving it a go if you get the chance (I enjoyed playing Ganondorf basically lording it over everyone and giving Link and Zelda a slap every now if they dared to stop me, until my rule was certain. :D)

Impa

This is going to be difficult to try and add anything new, having read previous posts and just spend half the time being all: That's what I was thinking, and such.

Chances: 35%
I'd like Zelda to get another rep, but I can't really see it happening unless fans can choose a character and vote unitedly behind them.

Tingle isn't really an option, so it leaves us with one of the other characters that's pretty cool and important, Impa!

Whilst Impa is relevant to the series lore, and basically has had something to do, or at least been referenced in every game, even if not a huge amount, her biggest issue is that she looks different every single game, though which ever, was to get into Smash, at least you have a perfect line up of alts...
Also Shiek is in Smash...and people could see it as making Impa completely pointless.

Want: 85%

Oh boy, time to be controversial, I'd have preferred Impa, the real Shiekah (*cough* except maybe in the LoZ1+2*cough*) over Shiek (as a stand alone character) for Smash4, so I'm pretty pro Impa and wouldn't mind seeing her in the game.

Now before you light your torches and pick up your pitchforks, whilst I don't hate Shiek...my feeling is for a simple reason. Impa has been revelant throughout the series lore, and pretty much every game (though with differing levels of importance, I confess... whilst our fake Shiekah has been in... (now correct me if I'm wrong) one game, so I was a little disappointed. (Ignoring spin offs for a moment) I found it unfortunate that transformations couldn't stay in Smash, since I had no problem with Zelda/Shiek.
Now putting my minor gripe aside for a moment....

I still think that even with Shiek in, she could be given an interesting moveset, mixing perhaps some of the skiekah skills, cow tossing (Come on... who doesn't want to fight someone and throw a cow at them), magic, etc.

Just for example look at @ WeirdChillFever WeirdChillFever and @ Sarki Soliloquy Sarki Soliloquy replies, who already have ideas of how she'd play and have done Impa more justice than I can.

Of course, when Hyrule Warriors came out, she was certainly a character I was interested in, and was glad to see her get some recognition, and whilst not a 'main' game, would love it if some inspiration was taken from it. Whether that would be by merging some of her looks between the younger slimmer Impas, or some of her play style. I'm open to the option of some HW being in Smash.

I also think a cool Final Smash was if you basically get attacked by every other Impa in the series, which whilst would look bizarre as anything, would be awesome.

Shantae Predication: 23%

Noms: In keeping with yesterday, I'll repeat the process.
Vaati X5

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Final Smash can be the giant eye blade attack from Hyrule Warriors.
Except with more fire, torches and the classic "Discovered tune" added.

Instant classic, fitting to Impa (For the people who didn't get the reference, Shadow Temple) and stylish.

Bill Nye

Smash Rookie
Impa
Impa is the obvious choice for the next Zelda newcomer. She is relevant and popular in her franchise. However, I don't think Impa will be high enough on the DLC priority list to get in. With Wolf, Ryu, Roy, and a DK rep likely on the way, I doubt there will be enough room for her.

Want: 85%
I really liked her character in Skyward Sword, and her Hyrule Warriors redesign is awesome. There are many possibilities for Impa's moveset. There's the obvious Shiek semi-clone, her new giant sword design, or even a moveset using timeshift orbs and other abilities from Skyward Sword. I think a character that could temporarily "slow down" certain parts of the battlefield could be really unique and fun.

Nominations
Henry Fleming x 3
Ridley x 2

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Here's an idea for a Final Smash...Impa uses the Lens of Truth and reveals...
Bongo Bongo who then wrecks havoc on the field for a short time...

Pureownege75

Smash Journeyman
Impa
Chance: 60%
I think the chances of a Zelda character are actually very good, and she's the very clear favorite in that respect. People have wanted a new Zelda character for a while, seeing as we haven't gotten a newcomer to that series since Melee, unless you count Toon Link which no one does. With pretty much the 3 most requested Zelda character pre-Smash 4 being Assist Trophies now (Ghirahim, Skull Kid, and Midna) most Zelda fans will likely converge on Impa, and give her a good boost in votes, since there is pretty much no viable competition within the series now. A lot of people want her to play like she does in Hyrule Warriors, which while isn't impossible, is kind of unlikely in my eyes not because it was 3rd Party developed, but because it's not considered at all attached to the Zelda lore. I haven't played a ton of Zelda, so I can't really vouch for it, but I'm sure she probably has some moveset potential across all the games she appeared in.

Not the biggest Zelda fan in the world, but I can't deny that Zelda needs a newcomer, considering how both Mario and Pokemon have surpassed the series (And the thought of Zelda and Fire Emblem having the same number of reps is blasphemy in my eyes). She's the most logical choice with the other candidates getting killed off by being Assist Trophies. That said I personally don't really care about her, I really only want her to make the character-to-series distribution more accurate to series importance. So long as she's unique I won't complain

Shante Prediction: 15%

Nominations:
RH character x3
Themed DLC packs x2

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
IMPA
I suspect that Impa's only showed up in Skyward Sword and Hyrule Warriors - arguably her best incarnation. But then again, Sheik is also a Sheikah, dampening this magical bodyguard's chances quite a bit.
Want: 75%
Want's a lot nicer than chance. Because potentially new Zelda rep (From a gameplay standpoint).

SHANTAE PREDICTIONS
Chance: 6.9%; Want: 100%
Yeah, she's more a pipe dream, but even better than Shovel Knight. A LOT better.:131:

NOMINATIONS
Misty x3 (Wheeeeeee, Gym Leaders! And my fave, even!)
Inkling x1 (wam wawawaaaaaaam, that theme~ also cool moveset potential)
Tails x1 (Heeey, Ryu's in the game, so...)

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
Impa
Not the biggest Zelda fan in the world, but I can't deny that Zelda needs a newcomer, considering how both Mario and Pokemon have surpassed the series[...]
Precisely. Both Mario and Pokémon have surpassed Zelda in sales, so they get more reps.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Precisely. Both Mario and Pokémon have surpassed Zelda in sales, so they get more reps.
This again? Really?

The dev team doesn't think in terms of reps, people. Presumably we didn't see a Zelda newcomer this time around because they decided other characters were higher priority.

Last edited:

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Impa chance: 30%
Hyrule Warriors may have boosted her popularity a little, but I don't think it's enough to warrant her a spot on the roster.

Want: 10%
I'd prefer a different Zelda newcomer, and I don't care for Impa... at all.

Shantae chance: 1%
Want: 0%

Nominations:
Anthony Higgs x2
9-Volt x2
Endou Mamoru x1

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Impa
Chance: 9%
I really think people tend to overestimate her chances at becoming DLC. She has a bigger chance of getting in Smash 5, and that's only if she plays a large role in the upcoming Zelda game for Wii U. Impa only became a popular pick when Hyrule Warriors dropped and everyone loved the developer's take on the character. The problem is Hyrule Warriors isn't what you would call a Zelda game. As far as I'm aware, Hyrule Warriors' take on Impa isn't Zelda Team's or Anouma's vision of the character. Unless Zelda Wii U takes some inspiration of Impa from Hyrule Warriors, Sakurai probably won't implement that form of her in Smash. I don't believe for a second that Nintendo would take a third party's vision of their character, base a look and move set on the character, and make them playable in Smash to represent the Zelda franchise whilst calling them a Zelda character. It just wouldn't make any sense. HW isn't a Zelda game. Not to mention if they completely base Impa on her Skyward Sword appearance and give her a move set separate from that of Hyrule Warriors, a lot of people who jumped on the Impa bandwagon because they liked what Hyrule Warriors did with the character will be very disappointed in what they would get. Until Impa is more properly implemented in future Zelda games with enough to pull from to create a move set that's canon to the Zelda franchise, I just don't think Impa in Smash is going to happen. I'll give the sometimes young and sometimes old Sheikah Warrior 9%.
A popular character, but her popularity stems from the wrong game...

Want: 4%
I'd rather see other characters from the Legend of Zelda franchise become playable before Impa.

Prediction - Shantae: 8.6%

Nominations:
x3 Toon Zelda
x2 Tetra

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
Chance 42%
I think with the new Hyrule Warriors and it's popularity, it's leading to Impa having decent chances at getting in over say, Midna or Skull Kid because they are already assist trophies.

Want 25%
Same as Scamper above me has said, I'd rather see other characters from the Legend of Zelda playable than her, but I certainly wouldnt mind if she made it in~

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
Is that why Fire Emblem has the same amount (Soon to be more) reps as Metroid and Donkey Kong combined?
The sales factor is of course not the only one, and certain factors can have more or less influence depending on the franchise. For instance, a lesser known franchise such as Fire Emblem might need more reps to boost its popularity, while Donkey Kong (or Zelda) remains popular enough to not need any publicity boost, without enjoying the huge popularity garnering Mario and Pokémon more reps. That might be it.

This again? Really?

The dev team doesn't think in terms of reps, people. Presumably we didn't see a Zelda newcomer this time around because they decided other characters were higher priority.
Or... presumably they think in terms of reps and your own presumption is wrong, who knows? It could go either way. See, I put a sentence in bold too. That must make this proposition true. :troll:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Impa change: 30%

Hyrule warriors defintely helped her out a bit in terms of her change however i don't think enough.Despite being in so many zelda games we don't really have a generic impa outfit.Something you can't really say for the other characters shown in the game.IN her role in zelda games have always veried from being semi important to not important.However i think if sakurai were to choose a zelda rep she would be the only one to go with.....her or vaati(:bee:)

impa want:5%

i really want vaati over her.I think impa would be nice but man do vaati.

shantae prediction:11%(shame becuase i reallllllllllly would love to see her in as well.Even as an assist trophy)

slippy x 5

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
Impa 46%

She seems like the most logical newcomer for the Zelda Series, the only problem I can think of is that she could end up being a clone and isn't really that popular, I don't see a lot of persons talking about her these days :ohwell:

Want 60%

I have zero knowledge on Zelda games, but she would be cool, and her fans would be happy soooo :awesome:

Shantae: Pls pls pls, I want her so much, but she isn't really likely so I'll say 23.68%
And that's being generous :facepalm:

Daisy x 2
Rayman x 2
Tetra x 1

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Impa

Chance - 10% - While the most fitting version of her seems to be getting more of a spotlight recently, I don't see her getting popular enough to get in due to the ballots. On the off chance she might be pre-planed, though I don't know why she would in the first place.

Want - 45% - I want more of the Toon-Universe section of the series for Zelda as of now. I would prefer Tetra, though Vaati is fine too.

Shantae Prediction - 2.09% - An indie third party? Not at this time.

Nominations

New Palutena's Guidance Conversations x3
Anna (FE) X2

Reimu Hakurei (Touhou) X1
Young Link (Revamped) X4
I'm sorry, but as interesting Touhou is, having never been on a Nintendo Console the series is ineligible. (BTW, based on your avatar, 'grats on having Shinmyoumaru in ULiL.) Probably want to move that vote to something else instead.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Now that I think about it, I don't think any Touhou representation should be considered. There was that Touhou Smash thing that got a cease and desist from the series creator, ZUN, and there's a ZUN-endorsed beat em up with Reimu on the PS4, which IMO suggests more affinity with Sony.

What do the organizers think?

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Now that I think about it, I don't think any Touhou representation should be considered. There was that Touhou Smash thing that got a cease and desist from the series creator, ZUN, and there's a ZUN-endorsed beat em up with Reimu on the PS4, which IMO suggests more affinity with Sony.

What do the organizers think?
One of the few rules of this game is that nominated characters must appear on a Nintendo console. I'm not finding anything that shows this character or series ever has. If the nominators can show otherwise, it's allowed. Otherwise, I don't see a problem in giving some one-time bonus nominations to @Strider_Bond00J to make up for the confusion.

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Impa

Chance: 40% - I don't believe I've seen Impa as a high contender in the DLC want community, not saying she doesn't have any fans, she just doesn't have as many as other characters. I feel she has a decent shot as a Zelda character, but even then, there are other choices.
Want: 50% - I don't exactly know what to say here. She's decent in Hyrule Warriors (not my first pick to play as though), and she has appeared many times, in many forms in the Zelda series. I have nothing against her really, I just have no true desire to see here in as a character.

Shantae - Oh boy, she doesn't look like she's getting high predictions. Can't say I see her getting too high either. However, she has a dedicated fan base and, in my opinion, is more likely than say, Shovel Knight. (Still unsure of her "indie" status). 25%

Nominate
Ice Climbers X5

Top Bottom