• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

Troykv

Smash Master
Okay, now it's a good time to try something.

King K. Rool

Chance: 40%

I don't want to be overconfident, but K. Rool is in a very interesting sittuation right now, one that would help him now.

Want: 70%

Not a true fan, but hell, this guy has a lot of charisma and fighting potential xD

Ridley prediciton: 13.5%

Nominations: Micaiah (Fire Emblem) x5

as the tradition goes with me :p

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Just going to throw this out since I have seen plenty of people make this mistake, but the schedule for March has been posted in OP, please do not nominate anyone from there.
Basically anyone who is not on that list will be starting their RTC after the current list is finish correct?

andimidna

Smash Master
Yesssss binch
Oml I have so many memories of old RTC like not to go all emotional or nothing but godd
Just hyping up the game was one of my favorite things to do
That went on for probably over 2 years, yea? Damn
Aanyways. I remember hating K Rool back then. I don't really know why lmao. Probably because he's not pretty like Palutena. But really, he's iconic, deserving, and multiple ppl have pointed out how he's possible. I think a decent argument against "but it hasn't happened already" is that no one else from DK has happened. It is true that Dixie, Cranky, and Funky have only found more relevance, but he isn't straight up dead either. The Mii costume shows that.
I do want to say there's going to be a new DK character. I don't necessarily think that directly because of representation, but TF is getting that port, right? Life in the series seems to be one of the most important things for non-retros. Also, the fan demand *because* of its lack of rep.
For how I'm going to rate: There's very few chances I'd put above 50 or below 5 (bar memes/impossible). We've gotten curveballs and lacked "shoo-ins" before, so that's how I'll be curving it or whatever.
Chance: 23%
For reference, I'd probably put Dixie right around here too.
Want: 50%
I kinda want him just for that extra star power. He's a big deal. Also, it's fun beating up fatties in Smash. Buut, I've always found him p overrated w a kinda awkward design. I don't care abt Dixie as much as I used to since they finally added some girl characters lmao
Ridley prediction: 16%
(Chance ofc, last I checked, we don't predict want)
Noms:
x2 Midna
x1 Impa
x1 Azura
x1 Anna
Edit: I'm 19 yrs old and never learned how to read

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Basically anyone who is not on that list will be starting their RTC after the current list is finish correct?
Yes, unless I do something for April Fools day. We will start characters not on that list in April.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
King K. Rool
Chance: 50%
He's not relevant but if Sakurai pays attention to the ballot and Mii costume sales, King K. Rool might be a top contender. It may come down to if Sakurai wants to put him over other potential characters/movesets. It's hard to predict, especially with all the support the Switch is getting and third parties being a thing.

Want: 95%
He's been in my top 4 most wanted since Brawl as someone who grew up with the Donkey Kong Country series.

Ridley prediction: 15%
Want: 60%

Nominations:
Crash x3
Geno x2

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I wasn't planning to come back yet, but as RTC Day 1 is K. Rool, I am obligated to participate. But unless K. Rool, Ridley, or Isaac get announced I'm probably not going to stick around. I just had to participate for this one.

Chance: 75%
I thought about putting him even higher. I'm very cautiously optimistic about K. Rool. However, its not realistic for me to rate him higher. Regardless, I feel like K. Rool is very likely this time (likely =/= guaranteed obviously).

I fully believe this game started development in 2015 during the DLC. I believe that the newcomer roster will mostly be based on the ballot with a few new characters sprinkled in who work out and are popular. And Inklings and K. Rool both got Mii Fighter costumes despite being rather "odd one outs".

Frankly, I fully believe that K. Rool is the fourth most likely character, and the second most likely newcomer after Inklings (I'd only rate Wolf and Ice Climbers higher than K. Rool).

Of course, I am being cautiously optimistic. That's why I'm waiting to do any heavy speculating until he gets announced (assuming he does get announced).

Want: 9001% (seriously, 100%)
My most wanted character hands down. I've stuck by K. Rool ever since Wii U/3DS, I even bought 2 K. Rool fan t-shirts (and my brother-in-law bought me another one). Of course I freaking want him.

Nominating Lyndis x5

Prediction for Ridley: 20% chance, 75% want

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Here we go again!

King K. Rool
Chance: 25%

While lower than most so far, I believe this rating is honestly pretty generous. While he never went below 50% in the SSB4 incarnation of this thread, I don't believe being a costume in SSB4 is a particularly good sign of a character's chances for the new game, and his only "appearance" since then being a sign in Odyssey does not bode well for his importance to modern Nintendo. I do believe the fan vote likely influenced roster choices for the game, and between that and costume sales maybe he has enough support in Nintendo's eyes to justify a slot. However, I don't know if he actually did well by either metric, and I don't see why the King would suddenly be included now otherwise. If I had to bet, I'd say he won't make it.
Want - 50%
I'd be pretty happy if he made it in, but I'd also not miss him at all if he didn't, so I'm putting him square in the middle.

Nominations - Lucina x5

Ridley Predictions - 30% Chance, 70% Want
Will have both strong supporters and detractors, so hard to say how this ultimately goes.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

I'm not holding out hopes. King K. Rool has lost most, if not all of his relevance in the Donkey Kong Country series. Even Funky Kong is more important than him. Funky Kong. Unless a new Donkey Kong Country is in the works with him as the antagonist, I don't see him having good chances.

Want: 0%

I don't particularly want him. If he gets in, that's cool, and I'll be happy for everyone who wants him in the game, but there are plenty of other characters I want before him.

If this is the place I would like to nominate Shulk.

a smart guy

Smash Journeyman
Yep, this is back. Time to get into speculation town once again. Right now, I'm of the opinion that the game is going to be a port of Smash 4. I wish they had revealed it one way or another, but that's what we're dealing with right now. Because of that, I'm going to be fairly pessimistic when it comes to character chances.

KIng K. Rool
Chance: 20% Look, I understand that he got a costume. I know that they referenced his name in Mario Odyssey. And trust me, I know that a lot of people want him in Smash. I just don't see it. He hasn't had a game appearance in so many years, that he would be an odd character if he was added in. I feel this game is going to be biased towards recent characters, especially if it is a port. I don't see King K. Rool becoming relevant again, since we already have a DK game on the Switch. Tropical Freeze didn't have K. Rool, and so I don't think he's in.
Want 1%: I have no connection to this character. I have never played a single one of his games, since I started gaming during the Wii. I don't like heavy characters either, so this wouldn't do anything for me. The 1% comes from people from this board getting what they want. He's not my cup of tea, but if he gets in, more power to you.

Ridley Prediction: 15% There's some things that never die.

Nominating: Chibi-Robo x5

One final note, I would really take off Lucario from the characters we're not allowed to nominate list. Pikachu and Jigglypuff are guaranteed Pokemon, but Lucario might not be relevant enough anymore.

Quetzal77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
yomugo
3DS FC
1349-4940-0147
K Rool

Chance: 20%
He is just not important anymore. I strongly believe there will be fewer newcomers than usual this time, and K Rool is just not cutting it. The only things he has going for him is that he is popular with certain fans and he got a Mii costume last time.

Want: 50%
I'm not a fan, but he seems like he would be a good fit and DK deserves a new rep.

Ridley prediction: 20% chance

Nominations: Pyra/Mythra (without Rex) x3, Elma x2

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Aw yeah, time to do this again.
King K. Rool
On the plus side, he has the whole "popularity" thing going for him and was acknowledged in Smash with the Mii costume. On the minus side, he hasn't appeared in a game in nearly a decade.

Want: 100%
pls sakurai this is all i want i will give you money

Ridley Prediction: 25%

Noms: Crash Bandicoot x5

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
One final note, I would really take off Lucario from the characters we're not allowed to nominate list. Pikachu and Jigglypuff are guaranteed Pokemon, but Lucario might not be relevant enough anymore.
To revisit my earlier post, characters I think should be considered for delisting from the guarantees:

Ike - Competition for Fire Emblem slots is very high: Marth is basically confirmed, and Robin and Corrin both feel more important to Fire Emblem in general. Add in Lucina and Roy as potential returners as well as a plausible plant from Fire Emblem Switch and I see the world where Ike is cut.
Lucario - Same idea as Ike: Pikachu and Jigglypuff are virtually guaranteed, while Charizard seems a stronger third pick (I'm actually not sure why it's on the lock list when Jigglypuff isn't). Not to say Lucario isn't very popular, nor that Pokemon doesn't deserve at minimum four slots, but I don't think calling him a lock is quite accurate when we have tons of plausible Pokemon and have Pokken out there to boot.
Little Mac - Maybe a bit of a stretch, but I'm not aware of anything Punch-Out since Sm4sh, and we now have ARMS plausibly getting a rep, which would be another boxer-style character. He certainly should be in the game, but I'm not comfortable saying he's guaranteed.

Rest are either obvious inclusions, have Sakurai favoritism backing them up since we know he's working on the game (*cough*Pit*cough*), or otherwise have enough modern relevance to be reasonably safe (Olimar comes to mind).

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
To revisit my earlier post, characters I think should be considered for delisting from the guarantees:

Ike - Competition for Fire Emblem slots is very high: Marth is basically confirmed, and Robin and Corrin both feel more important to Fire Emblem in general. Add in Lucina and Roy as potential returners as well as a plausible plant from Fire Emblem Switch and I see the world where Ike is cut.
Lucario - Same idea as Ike: Pikachu and Jigglypuff are virtually guaranteed, while Charizard seems a stronger third pick (I'm actually not sure why it's on the lock list when Jigglypuff isn't). Not to say Lucario isn't very popular, nor that Pokemon doesn't deserve at minimum four slots, but I don't think calling him a lock is quite accurate when we have tons of plausible Pokemon and have Pokken out there to boot.
Little Mac - Maybe a bit of a stretch, but I'm not aware of anything Punch-Out since Sm4sh, and we now have ARMS getting a boxer-style character. He certainly should stay, but I'm not comfortable saying he's guaranteed.

Rest are either obvious inclusions, have Sakurai favoritism backing them up since we know he's working on the game (*cough*Pit*cough*), or otherwise have enough modern relevance to be reasonably safe (Olimar comes to mind).

Let me explain my rationale for these three being on the certainty list.

Lucario: There is very little to go against Lucario. If they were going to cut Lucario they would have done so in 4. So far we have seen that unless due to technical difficulties, a character that remains after their initial smash game is will return. Lucario has a unique playstyle, and Pokemon is just so huge that cutting one of its most popular characters seems extremely unlikely. Factor in the fact that data from Smash 4 could conceivably be easily ported to the Switch and it seems highly unlikely a Pokemon as popular as Lucario would get cut.

Ike: A lot of what I said about Lucario applies here, but honestly people seem far too paranoid about Ike. Ike has a unique playstyle and is one of the main heroes of the Fire Emblem franchise. It seems highly unlikely that they would cut him. Besides, even if we did have Ike on the ratings, so many people would say 90+% chance. I struggle to see a reality where Ike is cut unless the roster is >30 characters.

Little Mac: I literally can't see a world where Little Mac is cut. Honestly I considered putting Duck Hunt on the safe list but I decided against it. Little Mac just seems like a near lock. If I opened the noms up for Little Mac, it would literally be 95+% on each one. Even if ARMS exists that doesn't mean his niche is gone. We have tons of sword fighters but we don't need to cut them just to put another in. Besides the way an ARMS character would work is very different from the swarmer style of little mac.

The only other character that I am adding to that list is Ganondorf due to him slipping my mind earlier. Other than that the guarentees section should be seen as a blacklist of sorts. Ideas like Ganondorf revamp is fine, but we know Ganondorf will return.

PreedReve

Smash Journeyman
King K. Rool
Chances: 60%
He's has a large fan-following (and the devs seem to know it too) and I think he makes more sense as a new character added to the game as a newcomer vs as a DLC.

Want: 25%
I wouldn't mind if he joined but he's not someone I would get excited about if he was added.

Noms
3x Style Savvy Rep
2x Chibi-Robo

Ridely Perdictions
Chances: 23%

Basty

Smash Ace
Awesome to see this back!

King K.Rool

70% Chance: I think people are underrating his chances. He was one of the most requested characters during the Ballot and even got a Mii costume, I personally think that Dixie is more likely but, whatever

90% Want: A unique design, a lot of things to pull from for his moveset and another DK rep and another villain! What more could you want!

Ridley Prediction: 40% Chance

x3 Takumi
x1 Leo (FE Fates)
x1 Ryoma

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
One thing as a sidenote but I will be travelling home for spring break tomorrow, so the game will probably end a bit later than usual. Expect the day to end around 9:30 PM EST.

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
King K. Rool
60% Chance: I think he has a slightly better chance to appear then not appear. Its true that he hasn't appeared in a game in nearly a decade, but his popularity is pretty high right now, especially with Smash 4 getting some of the other heavy hitters in.

100% Want: King K. Rool has been my most wanted new first party Nintendo character for Smash since i first played Melee in 2002. I would like nothing more than for this zany iconic villain to finally get his shot in Smash. Plus, he has a huge arsenal of weapons and gadgets, and we could always use more villains.

Ridley Prediction: 20%: Would love to see it, but Sakurai seems pretty adamant about his place in Smash Bros.

Nomination: Banjo-Kazooie x5

PreedReve

Smash Journeyman
70% Chance: I think people are underrating his chances.
I think everyone is trying to not go full ham like we did when the ballots started and are trying to be a little more reserved and "realistic" with their chances. I remember before when people where dogmatic about characters being a sure-win (especially the more popular characters) but then a character a lot of people didn't think would have a chance won, Bayonetta.

Last edited:

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Obviously I don't agree, but I respect the rationale at least. In that case I'll say that, at a minimum, you should consider adding Jigglypuff, as it would be pointless to rate a character who has been around since Smash 64 and is easily more likely than any of the three I mentioned.

EDIT: I see Jiggly's been added, so I'll leave it at that. Thanks!

Last edited:

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
King K. Rool

85% Chance: He is one of the most requested Nintendo owned characters in Smash.

70% Want: I'm not much of a Donkey Kong fan myself but King K. Rool fits Smash too well to ignore. I rate him based on him deserving the spot.

(sorry if I don't know how this works. First time poster.)

Nominate
Jibanyan 2x
Midna 2x
Skull Kid 1x

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
King K. Rool

Yeah I'm a bit surprised myself but I actually feel he's got a good shot. Why do I think a character who hasn't been in a game since 2008 has a fairly good shot?

The ballot.

But how can I be sure K.Rool did well enough to be considered.

Simple. The Mii costume.

I think the Mii costume was a present for a very popular character that Sakurai said no to once Bayonetta was chosen. I think the ballot is what's giving K.Rool his potential chances and I'm fairly certain he did well.

Want: 80%

He's not my most wanted but he'd be hype. I will admit, my desire for him has shrunk a bit.

Ridley Prediction: 11%

Think we got some Ridley believers still.

Nominations:
X3 Robin
X Phoenix Wright

TheDukeofDorks

Smash Apprentice
Oh man, I've missed this game so much! The memories are flooding back... All those delusional hopes I harbored when I was young... I gave Ridley a 100% chance! I gave RIDLEY a ONE HUNDRED PERCENT CHANCE!

And that was after the 3DS version came out! Ignorance is bliss I suppose. Anywho!

King K. Rool

As far as irrelevant characters go, I think K. Rool has the best chance. He's popular enough for Sakurai to acknowledge him with a Mii costume, and I'm sure he performed at least markedly well on the ballot.

That said, he hasn't featured in a game for years, and he's got some heavy competition in terms of DK characters. Nothing has changed about his situation since the last game apart from the time it's been since we've last seen him.

Want: 70%

I have no personal investment in King K. Rool, I've never played a game he was featured in, and there's nothing about his potential moveset that really excites me, apart from him being a heavyweight character. That said, I acknowledge how popular he is, several of my friends want him, and I'd love to see the community explode into excitement should he be revealed.

Prediction for Ridley: 14%

Hope is a powerful emotion that can manipulate one's perception of reality, I expect that to be extremely apparent here.

Nominating Wolf x5

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Well, I'm down to do this again.

King K. Rool

Looking at last games roster and how it nearly nailed all of the new characters we could possibly want I think they'll realize it's time to dig deeper into the past for characters. K. Rool is one of the most popular and it seems to me that they know it. So, for now, until we get more info on newcomers, barring an ARMS character, I'll give him a 50/50

Want: 90%

Hell yeah, I want him. Not just for me, but for all of the fans that have supported him since Melee. He's basically the poster boy for Smash Speculation at this point, right alongside Ridley. He's not my most wanted, however.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
I suspect we won't get that many newcomers. It seems more likely to be closer to a Mario Kart 8 Deluxe type thing than an entirely new iteration of Smash.

Should have most of the content from the Wii U and 3DS versions combined, including the DLC, and potentially some characters getting cut (most likely being some of the 3rd-party characters and clones, and the Miis since they weren't maybe that well-received). Obviously we're getting at least one new character, and I wouldn't be surprised if we got as many as 5 or 6 along with maybe the return of a couple cut characters (Ice Climbers and Wolf being the most likely, followed by Snake, then Ivysaur, Squirtle, Pichu and finally with no chance is Young Link).

The roster is already very large as it is, and has pretty good coverage of the major series and their characters, and so some characters probably need to be cut if we're going to get many more, or the game might be a bit overstuffed and very difficult to balance. I highly doubt we're getting 18-21 characters like we got in SSB4 and Brawl. Or at least, if we did, we'd also see a fair number of characters cut, which wouldn't exactly be a fan pleaser either. I can certainly see some characters getting cut. They like to promote new Fire Emblem, I'd be worried if I were a Lucina or Roy main.

Either way...

As much as I would like to see K Rool, I don't think he's getting in. He hasn't appeared in a game in about a decade, and there's no indication that he'll be making a return. If a new DK game were announced and it would feature the Kremlings, I would bump up the chances significantly. As it is... I think the most likely newcomers aren't going to be the ones I want. A new character from Fire Emblem and a new Pokemon. Maybe a Xenogears character. Maybe a Mario character. Quite possibly another 3rd party or two (maybe a Rabbid... and while I did enjoy Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle I'm not that interested in that).

Anyway...

K Rool chance: 6%

K Rool want: 85%
The original DKC games are great classics, there's plenty of move set potential, and he's a fun character. He'd add another villain and another heavyweight, which is also perhaps desirable. The DK series is big enough to merit another character as well, although it's true that its heyday was in the 90s. He's one of my most wanted.

I'd also reevaluate my ratings when we see a full trailer and get a better idea of what they're doing. If the full trailer features three newcomers beyond the Inklings, for example, I'd think more newcomers. We don't even know what Sakurai's involvement is or whether they're just tweaking SSB4 or redoing the game engine again, etc.

Nominate:
Are we allowed to nominate characters that appeared in SSB4?
If so, I nominate:
1x Miis
1x Lucina
1x Roy
1x Cloud
1x Simon Belmont

Otherwise make them all Simon Belmont, I guess.

(Those first four are some of the characters I think are most likely to be cut, if you can't tell.)

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
King K Rool chance - 55%

Of all the characters I don't see as "shoe ins", King K Rool is the most "likely" of them. Solely because of him getting a Mii costume in the last game. That shows Sakurai noticed his popularity in the ballot. That's already a significant feather in his cap for Smash Switch. Sakurai is aware there's a demand for him.

Want - 90% (I'm excited to see him, largely because of all the hype surrounding him during the last game)

Edit: Forgot my nominations

Phoenix Wright x3
Chibi Robo x2

Last edited:

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
I don't see the point in giving chances before they even reveal whether it's a port or a new game. I'll only post want scores until then.

0% will be not wanting at all, and 100% will be top tier of wanted characters.

K. Rool want: 50%

He is a villain who would probably be a heavy-weight with an interesting moveset, and his inclusion would fill out the DK series and make a lot of fans happy.

Nominations:
Skull Kid x5

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
King K.Rool:

Chance - 20%
I think that K.Rool is in a situation where if Sakurai considered him viable or interesting to the game... he would be there already.
He obviously got a lot of votes in the Ballot and is a major villain of the past. There's a chance, I think even bigger than Dixie (we are not in the N64 era where you chose a character to the roster because his model looks similar another one that you has).
I also laugh at some friends that said that maybe Smash could be revealed today and said that it was close to impossible.
Hope to be wrong again.

Want - 100%
K.Rool and Dixie SHOULD be playable in this interation. Both of them are weirdly not in Smash4, and I want them above anyone else. Between them, I would pick K.Rool.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Well well, RTC is back! Time to crank back into rating mode. I'm interested to see how this thread will develop in the months to come!

King K. Rool

Chance: 30%

He definitely has a massive following, and his Mii Costume inclusion in Smash 4 is proof of that. However, I can't help but think relevancy still remains a major issue for him, especially since he hasn't appeared in a new Donkey Kong game in quite a while. He also has to compete with other popular DK contenders like Dixie Kong and arguably Cranky Kong + Funky Kong as well.

Want: 30%

I don't really have any major attachment to the character, hence why this want score is on the lower side, but I can see the appeal behind him, and I'll be quite happy for his fans the day he is revealed to be in Smash due to his popularity.

Predictions:

Ridley (Metroid): 12.34%

Sakurai doesn't seem very keen on making him a playable fighter due to the size issue, but Ridley's fanbase is not to be underestimated.

Nominations:

Professor Layton (Professor Layton): x5

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
I don't see the point in giving chances before they even reveal whether it's a port or a new game. I'll only post want scores until then.

0% will be not wanting at all, and 100% will be top tier of wanted characters.

K. Rool want: 50%

He is a villain who would probably be a heavy-weight with an interesting moveset, and his inclusion would fill out the DK series and make a lot of fans happy.

Nominations:
Skull Kid x5
Sorry to get off topic but, how/where did you get that Abra?! Abra is my favorite Pokemon and that is awesome!

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
King K. Rool

Chance 80%.

I feel he was realy high in the ballot plus Nintendo owns him so yeah it is possible to see him. Problem here is that as he was made in the west, maybe the higher ups in Japan do not like him.

Want 90%.

You could say K. Rool was the last great video game bad guy in my childhood; made Christmas of 1994 hard as hell so would love to see him inside Smash!

Nominations
Sophitia x5.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
Oh my God, RTC is finally back? Sweet.

King K. Rool
Chance: 50% -
It's a toss-up, honestly. They said the Smash Ballot would be used for future Smash titles, and the hardcore fans want K. Rool. If I recall correctly, our own @PushDustIn did a compilation of votes for the Japanese audience and he ranked fairly high, so he's not just wanted in the west.
Want: 100% -
But of course. A new DK character is desperately overdue. He'd be very unique and is a fun, goofy character.

Prediction: Ridley
Chance: 45.67% -
Knowing this fandom and this site, over rating him is sure to happen. Give it up people, he's not coming.
Want: 99.74%

Nominations:

Sora x5

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
K. Rool - 50% chance of being in
The way I see it, this could really go either way.
10% want
I suppose I see the appeal of having another heavyweight character, since those are always my mains, but I have no attachment whatsoever to this character in particular. I might try him if he gets in but I'd be fine if he wasn't in. No skin off my back.

Nominating Master Chief x5.

Last edited:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Ah. I had absolutely no idea I'd post in a new RTC thread less than 12 hours ago, and now we're talking about the new confirmed Smash Switch game. As I said I'm not going to put as much passion in this new speculation area than before, because I learned the hard way that you shouldn't spend emotional energy saying that your vision of Smash is right letting you ridicule any kind of speculation from other people that you don't agree with, nor saying that it's not you but Sakurai who's wrong when something that doesn't match your beliefs happens.
I hope this new speculation era will be plenty of fun.

King K. Rool chances: 19%
Maybe he'll get in by his popularity alone (especially with the ballot), and the DLC Kostume could serve as a base to design the actual playable character. At the same time, maybe the Smash team put effort in making it just to please his fans without any promise to make him actually playable. I feel like we need evidence that he's going to be relevant again to modern Nintendo era outside of Smash and a small reference to him in Mario Odyssey, if he comes back as the DK staple he used to be then I'm going to have a higher realistic hope to see him become a Smash fighter. But at this point I think he's going to be in the "considered but not prioritized" case at most.

King K. Rool want: 75%
My mindset has evolved since the last Smash game and I feel like I could be satisfied with a wider range of newcomer possibilities, and combined with the fact I feel like he sould first come back as a part of modern Nintendo in a game other than Smash first, it prevents me from giving a score closer to 100%. That said, K. Rool is probably still the character with the highest potential for emotional response from me, and I hope he doesn't remain forever a relic of the past of the DK series.

Nominating: mind if I nominate things other than characters?
Returning game mode: Smash Run x3
Concept: veteran character artworks recycled from Smash 3DS/Wii U x2

Edit: adding Ridley prediction: 8.97%

Last edited:

Awakining

Smash Apprentice
King K. Rool:

Want: 100%

I've always loved super-heavyweights/bigbody characters in fighting games, and, in addition to this distinction, K. Rool is a stellar villain who oozes charisma and possesses an enormous potential for a moveset. Additionally, Donkey Kong country is one of my favorite platformer franchises, and I voted for K. Rool in the smash ballot. Nevertheless, there is no single newcomer, or group of such, that would make me buy or pass on smash, but the King is definitely among my most desired characters for any new installation in the series.

Chance: 37.5%

K. Rool received great publicity via the ballot and rather infamous Mii costume of Smash 4, but the popularity and recent port of Tropical Freeze seems to indicate to me Dixie (or possibly Funky Kong) has a much higher chance of making the cut. I'm still thinking positive, but I'm not holding my breath for his inclusion until they give me a little more to work with.

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
K. Rool:

Chance: 30% Maybe that ballot helped show popularity. Nothing else really going for him...

Want: 60%

Prediction: Ridley:
Chance: 26%
Want: 84%

Nomination:
Steve (Minecraft) x5.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
i would think king k.rool has a decent shot, he always come across as a popular choice so i imagine hed have a fair bit of support on the ballot

id say chances: 60% want: 25% i wont complain if he gets in but there are other dk characters id prefer

alos i nominate, linkle, chibi-robo, mimikyu, urban champion and mallo

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Great to see this back, was an absolute blast the last time around.

King K. Rool

Chance:
40% - Nothing much has really changed for DKC since Smash 4, no games have come out since and the outlook is that there won't be any new games in the near future with Tropical Freeze being ported to the Switch, as such it'll take something special to convince Sakurai to pick K. Rool up from the forgotten depths he's currently residing in. Luckily for our fair king he's incredibly popular, and that very likely showed in the ballot since he got a Mii hat along with other popular suggestions that didn't make the DLC cut, and with Inkling being one of those hats and having already been announced it gives K. Rool a pretty strong lifeline. He might also benefit from being the most realistic heavy weight option out there, although there's no guarantee that'll mean anything as Smash 4 didn't seem to care too much about weight classes.

I think this Smash game is pretty poorly timed for K. Rool though, if he were to have a really good shot he needed to feature in an actual DKC game again, if he had managed that then he'd almost be a guarantee.

Want: 80% - DKC isn't really one of my favorite franchises, the games are good but don't really transcend into that special territory where Nintendo's best games reside imo. Regardless of that K. Rool is one of my most wanted characters for this game, a combination of his design, moveset potential and amazing fanbase convinced me long ago that he'd be a great addition. 80% might seem a bit low with that in mind, but there really aren't a lot of realistic characters left that I'd like to see anymore.

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
So this game's back again? Looks like I've another procrastination tool

King K. Rool's the first character we're discussing then - Some things never change.

Chance: 60%
During the Ballot's lifetime, he had quite a lot of hype going for him - even getting a shout-out in the form of the Mii Costume. If he gets in, it'll probably be thanks to strong fan support, even if he's not showing up anytime soon (Unless they added him as a secret boss for Tropical Freeze's Switch version)

Want: 23%

Don't get me wrong - I want to see this guy get in, but I don't have fond memories of him thanks to a certain... incident. Since then, my preference's waned over towards Dixie Kong.

Ridley Prediction: 43%

Nominations: Takamaru X5

Top Bottom