• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Agumon
Chance: 5%
As notable as the Pokémon vs. Digimon war was in the 90s, Digimon is far past its prime. It's been chugging along at its own pace for years now, and while it's still doing well for itself, it's niche in general and doesn't have that same presence that it did before. Additionally, Namco has other very notable characters on top of Agumon such as Heihachi, Nightmare, and the like who could very easily take precedence over the franchise.

Want: 80%
I love the series and it would be very fun to have him though, especially if he had Wargreymon as an evolved form.

Nomination: Monster Hunter Character x5

Graizen

Smash Champion
I love all this!
It makes me happy to read and see that everyone is thinking about Agumon and giving their opinions!
Thank you guys!

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Augomon

Chance- 15%
Digimon was big back then, but judging by trends today Yokai Watch is more popular. I know trends dont mean much when it comes to 3rd parties, but Yokai and Digimon fill the same role of Pokemons competition. Namco may have rights to Digimon, but they also have Tekken, Tales, Klonoa and a boatload of arcade games to draw charactrers from.

Want- 0%
I wasn't big on Pokemon to begin with, so I was even less into Digimon as a kid. Nothing against the fans, but I jsut don't care about Augomon.

Dark Samus- 4.21%
Sylux- 18.24%

Steve X 4
Thwomp X 1

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Agumon

Chance: 3.1%

- Very unlikely.

Want: 3%

- Not a priority but I wouldn’t be upset. It would be a nice throwback to the old Pokemon VS Digimon “wars”. Add in Jibanyan as well for a greater crossover experience.

Prediction

Dark Samus: 7.5%
Sylux: 4.4%

Nominations

Neptune (Neptunia Series) x3
Katrielle Layton (Professor Layton) x2

Last edited:

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Unlike Crash Bandicoot, Digimon has had consisent anime releases and even recent video games. I would argue that his relevance at the current time is greater than Megaman's was before Smash 4.

Now, that's not to say that I expect Agumon or that he can compete with Megaman in any other way but calling him "dead and buried" is kinda dumb when far deader characters have been in Smash before.

And, speaking of idiocy, I understand that it stems from your own personal bias against the character but claiming that the series mascot, who even appears in its logo, wouldn't be the first digimon picked is way up there in that regard.
I don't even dislike Digimon, but I barely see it as a "rival" to Pokemon and more of a joke as far as financial success. Even at its height it wasn't especially successful compared to the thing it was competing against.

And speaking of being overly aggressive for no reason, I didn't say what it was competing against, but one of the primary things I would expect to see in its place would be Wargreymon, which technically would not count as Agumon.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Sakurai is going to focus on bigger IPs for guests. In it's heyday it probably would have warranted a spot but now it has fallen to the way side. Like most series that try to challenge a Nintendo series they lose stream quickly.

Want: 0%
I never watched the show though I still knew the theme song because it's freaking catchy so anime wise I have no attachment. I did play Digimon Rumble Arena because my cousin had it and we had some times with it but not so fun I care about the series in any meaningful way. In fact the Digimon digital pet things don't really seem like games to me so I really don't want them. They're considered video games so I didn't let that influence my chance but as for want I can't get over it.

Noms: Rayx5

Last edited:

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Chance: 1%
Digimon isn't really popular enough to warrant a spot in Smash Bros. Especially nowadays.
Want: 1%
I never really cared for Digimon that much. And there's several other third party characters I'd rather have before Agumon

Sylux prediction: 9%
Dark Samus prediction: 10%
Noms: Steve x5

Quetzal77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
yomugo
3DS FC
1349-4940-0147
Agumon
Chance: 0%
I can't see Digimon being in Smash. It's not big enough anymore, there's better Namco options, and it would just feel strange.

Again, I don't like the idea. I also prefer several other third party options.

Dark Samus: 30.5%
Sylux: 22.3%
Nominations: Pyra/Mythra (without Rex) x5

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Agumon:

I just don’t see a Digimon getting in. It’s not really succesful, requested, and isn’t a first party choice, not to mention a rival to a Nintendo franchise. If we’re getting a second Bandai rep, it’s defenitley not gonna be Agumon.

Agumon doesn’t appeal to me in the slightest. I don’t have a connection with it either.

Nominations:
x5 Joker (Persona 5)

Last edited:
Agumon

Yeah i don't have high hopes for the little guy. Digimon was once pretty big, but excuse my ignorance if im wrong, but the series has never been that big for gaming. It was mostly an anime rivalry than a game one. Pokemon succeeded as a multimedia while digimon sort of floundered out as time went on. Because of that, other than the novelty, I dont see much hope for the little guy

Want: 5%
Digimon is ok I guess. Haven't really cared for the series since watching Frontier as a kid. And TBH Agumon is probably one of my least favorite digimon.. I find it really boring.

Noms
V. Joe x5
::061:

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
Agumon:

Chance 15%: Namco owns Digimon so, it is possible but not likely. He doesn't have the strongest connection to Nintendo.

Want 25%: I've always wanted Pokemon and Digimon to crossover but I'd rather have an official crossover than just adding Agumon to Smash Bros. It would only really be a silver lining than actual hype from me. Agumon doesn't really have the strongest connection to Nintendo for me to want him in. I'd much rather have Jibanyan from Yokai Watch than Agumon as Jibanyan has a stronger connection to Nintendo.

Nominations:
Masked Link 3x
Pokemon Trainer (Gen 2) 2x

TheFritzle

Smash Apprentice
Agumon:

Digimon is definitely not dead, but it is nowhere near what it used to be. Namco is probably next in line out of the third parties already in Smash to get another character. This may seem like Agumon has a better shot, but he doesn't really. He's competing with a lot of other more relevant and popular characters, one of which already has been considered which makes him stand out. The nostalgia of Pikachu vs Agumon really doesn't seem like that big of a deal anymore, and I really can't see that being the driving point to getting him in. I'll give him a little leeway as there is a chance.

I don't really like Digimon at all. Even outside of the series, Agumon as a character really doesn't appeal to me and his design seems basic in a series what has some cool designs.

Predictions:
Dark Samus: 12.51%
Sylux 18.95%

Nominations:
Ray x5

Nebelung

Smash Cadet
Agumon!

It is sad to say but Agumon just isn't relevant. :( I really doubt we will see him in Smash. It is possible but just extremely unlikely by today's circumstances. Maybe some other day, or just a trophy in the future maybe...

Want: 85%

Oh man I would LOVE a digimon in smash. Agumon is great! I think he could be a fun character. It might be fun to have a digivolving mechanic... though that could stray into becoming different characters which isn't good. But still, do want!

Noms: Sable Prince x5

andimidna

Smash Master
Agumon:
Far from a nobody but just not smth ik abt

Abstain
Abstain

Pred:
D Samus: 16.25%
Sylux: 21.5%

x9 Style Savvy character
x1 FE Summoner

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Agumon is neither relevant, popular, nor the best representative from Bamco.
Likelihood: 0%

He's kinda cool, but really Digimon is about growing these weird little ******* into huge powerful monsters and being limited to just Agumon? It's kinda not to my taste.

Nominating the Demi-Fiend from SMT3

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Ok so I got a busy day so calcs will be late. Rate Dark Samus and Sylux in Chance and want. Also please precut decloned dark pit.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Dark Samus
Chance 9%
Popular but it's past her time. DLC could be different depending on Prime 4
Want 30%
In addition to Ridley would be cool, but not before

Sylux
chance 6%
Opposite problem, his time hasn't come yet and we're not sure on his presence, and hunters + cameos alone ain't enough to help. Dlc could be different but I don't take that into account
Want 10%
No thanks, Again Ridley has to get in first, Ridley is all I need, he's the only one who should be in Smash.

Nominate Lara croft x5

Precut: Decloned Dark Pit 7%

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Dark Samus
Chance: 5
%
She really is past her prime and with the focus this phase onward being WiiU games, I think her chances are quite slim

Want: 50%

Sylux
Chance: 7.5%
This is a toughie. On one hand we know he's gonna be a star in the next Metroid game, on the other hand he is not yet. I think Sakurai would want to see the new Sylux in action before deciding on him.

Want: 50%

Decloned Dark Pit: 4.7%

Balloon Fighter x5

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Dark Samus:
Chance: 15%
A bit high, given that Dark Samus is canonically dead following Metroid Prime 3, but who knows, maybe they'll find some way to bring her back, but I think it's rather unlikely. However, DS is pretty popular, and has plenty of Phazon attacks it could use to try and make her an interesting character, even if some people might cry "CLONE!!" at the appearance level. I could easily imagine her as a glass-cannon semi-clone of Samus, or her own character, so that alone could give her plenty of moveset potential.

She does of course have a few setbacks - One being Ridley's massive(sorrynotsorry) popularity for a playable fighter so he'd be likely to be added first (please let this leak be true, I'm starting to become cautiously optimistic but I don't want to end up hype-deflated again...), secondly of course is her being canonically dead for over 10 or so years at this point, and little to no word on MP4 to say otherwise.

Want: 70%
If I were to pick another Metroid character after Ridley I'd probably choose Dark Samus. As much as I like Dark Pit (would've liked him better if he had Uprising weapons or his Staff), Dark Samus would've been my pick for a 'Dark' newcomer, be it semi-clone or unique fighter of her own.

Sylux:
This is also interesting. Sylux appears to be well and alive, and it seems like it might be a central character to Metroid Prime 4, if the ending of Fed Force is anything positive about it can be said. Perhaps it'd be a major antagonist, or maybe even something like the Master Chief and Arbiter campaigns from Halo 2 (Sorry for generalising - I didn't grow up with Halo, more familiar with the characters than anything else) where it'd be playable. But for now, it doesn't seem like there's much of a chance for it, unless it's something like an early-bird cameo ala Roy or Corrin; appears as a fighter or even Assist Trophy to try and build hype for MP4.

Want: 25%
Used to want it for a while given that it had an interesting idea in a health-sapping whip beam, I'd rather know what's it's deal going to be in MP4. And probably not before Ridley either.

Nominations Yu Narukami X5

D

Deleted member

Dark Samus

Chance: 45%
Want: 65%

The Prime Trilogy, or the original one at least, is old news, and so is Dark Samus.
However, by a combination of circumstances, she still made it as an Assist Trophy in Smash 4, which might make her as a viable candidates for the role of Smash Switch's :4littlemac:.
The fact we'd get a 3rd character with 'Samus' in the name might cause some sort of confusion for the more casual audience, even if she'd fight in a lot of different ways than :4samus:.

Sylux

Chance: 35%
Want: 55%

A bit like Rex & Pyra, it mainly depends on timing, and if, as Kensuke Tanabe says so, he's going to have a major role in Prime 4's plot. But even then, Sylux has yet to prove he has the competences to be a major figure in the Metroid franchise.

Noms:
Music: Final Destination (Ver. 2) x5

Decloned :4darkpit: prediction: 13.47%

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Dark Samus:

Chance:
10% - Always has a chance as a last minute semi clone of some sort, I imagine she'd be a more direct Samus. She isn't happening as a completely unique fighter though, her time has passed.

Want: 60% - Could be pretty cool, she would certainly be preferable to...

Sylux:

Chance:
5% - At this very moment in time Sylux is a nobody, he is just one of several Hunters from Prime Hunters, a spinoff of a side series, and that's all he is. We know that this will change in the future, but that future is too far away for it to count for Smash, it's unlikely that his Prime 4 appearance was even drawn up at a conceptual level when Sakurai finalized the roster. DLC might be a possibility for him though, but I'm not counting that in this rating.

Want: 0% - I am more than open to Sylux winning me over in Prime 4, in fact I really hope he will, but over the years I've found him to be incredibly overhyped among Metroid fans as he hasn't ever shown anything to back that hype up with, the only reason anyone cares about him is a tease at the end of a game he didn't even feature in. He would at present be a very poor representative of Metroid, because he's not important to the series at all, and who knows if his return will even last beyond one or two games. His design is also pretty bland imo, I'm banking on Prime 4 giving him a bit of a facelift, but like I said previously I'm pretty sure that his inclusion in the base roster would have to be based off of his Prime Hunters appearance.

Last edited:

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Dark Samus

They are done with Dark Samus and Phazon from what I've heard. And having having three different versions of Samus on the roster might come off as a bit redundant.

Sylux

Chance: 12.5%

I don't know if his role in prime 4 was fully realised yet when the roster was decided. Maybe they could be DLC but that's to early to call.

Abstaining in want for both. I've never played a Metroid game.

Predictions for decloned:4darkpit:: 5.79%

Nominations: Leon Kennedy x5

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Dark Samus Chance: 10%
She does have some requests going for her, but that's about it. She's not going to appear in the franchise anymore, and her two major appearances were a long time ago. Possible as a last minute clone/ semi-clone, but nothing beyond that.

Want: 35%
Add Ridley first, then we'll talk.

Sylux Chance: 5%
This is even taking DLC into account. Sylux isn't requested much, isn't a main character, and his first major role, Prime 4, is almost definitely too late to affect the base roster. Maybe things will change by DLC, but I doubt it.

See what I said with Dark Samus.

Decloned Dark Pit Prediction: 10% (How decloned are we talking about here, anyways? Does he have to be completely different? Or does he just have to become a semi-clone? Which is it?)

Nominations: Gengar X5

:094:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Dark Samus
Now if this theme isn't enough to convince people, then I don't know what will.

The Metroid series is one that, like Zelda and DK, hasn't recieved any new fighters in the last game and has had requests for one for some time. Ridley is without a doubt the first one most people think of when it comes to Metroid representation due to his legacy lasting as long as the franchise itself. However a big part of Metroid's legacy is also the Prime Trilogy, largely considered to be one of the best trilogies in gaming. And while Ridley does make a few appearances in an antagonistic role in the Primes, Dark Samus is actually the primary antagonist of the trilogy and would act as the best representative of the Prime series since she is indeed the titular character, Metroid Prime.

When thinking of Dark Samus, most would simply think of something like Dark Link (colour swap) or Dark Pit (1:1 clone) and while being a clone of Samus is a possibility due to having an almost identical body type, it would actually be a less than appropriate way to incorporate the character in Smash since it wouldn't really take advantage of her phazon abilities which is where her remarkable moveset potential would come into play.

Unfortunately her best chance of being added was during Brawl when the Prime series was in fact in its prime. Coming off of Prime 2 with Prime 3 on the way. And in Smash 4 she was merely added as an assist trophy instead of being playable.

But the ultimate hindrance she faces isn't other Metroid characters or her moveset potential, it's ultimately relevance. The Prime trilogy ended over a decade ago along with Dark Samus being canonically dead with confirmation from devs that there's no plans to bring her back. After the announcement of Federation Force it was confirmed by Tanabe that he was done with the whole Phazon arc and the story of Dark Samus. And while Metroid Prime 4 is confirmed to be a real thing, Dark Samus's involvement in the game directly is not likely...in fact the only way I can see her be implemented is if it has a Hunters like multiplayer and Dark Samus is a secret playable character or something (which would be ****ing amazing btw!!!). Or of there's some sort of plot twist that revives Dark Samus in some way.

With Dark Samus being too late, and Sylux likely being too early, my current stance on Metroid representation is Ridley or no one. Sakurai doesn't usually add characters just for the sake of representation with a few exceptions from games like Pokemon and Fire Emblem mainly due to the nature of those games. And unfortunately due to the nature of the Metroid series Smash contenders are few and far between.

Want: 100%
Easily my second most wanted fighter for Smash with Midna being the only one I would prioritize over her. On the surface Dark Samus may seem like a boring choice especially with two forms of Samus already in the roster, but rather than just being a straight up clone she's actually a very powerful form of a Metroid that has taken control of Samus's Phazon Suit. She's a bit of a special case compared to other Nintendo Dark doppelgangers. Her abilities as Metroid Prime, as well as her manipulation of the toxic phazon substance being a primary plot device in the Prime series, Dark Samus could make for a very unique fighter. I believe that if she'd become a playable fighter she would share very little with Samus in terms of moveset, perhaps a missile shot or a different form of her screw attack but that's about it. Her appearances in game has her utilize a lot more than what Samus can use (though she is still capable of some of that but honestly that just adds to everything she can do that Samus can't).

Dark Samus is easily one of my favourite villains in gaming, she's one of Samus's most powerful adversaries and one that doesn't have the same size issues as yet another famous metroid villain. She's well established as the main antagonist of the Prime trilogy which is my personal favourite series in gaming. With the first game, Metroid Prime, being my favourite video game of all time (needless to say my expectations for the upcoming Prime 4 are high).

I'm still perplexed why she wasn't added in Brawl as a playable fighter because she was about as relevant and relevant could've been with Prime 2 being a very recent title and Prime 3 being on the way shortly after Brawl was released on the Wii. And with how critically acclaimed the Prime series was (and still is) adding a character designated to the series just made a whole lot of sense at the time. Unfortunate as it seems her time has passed and as much as I don't want to admit it she's very unlikely as an addition, especially considering how much she gets overshadowed by Ridley these days.

But for those who say they'd rather Ridley first, I have just one thing to say about that.

----

Sylux

There is promise of some sort of future for this mysterious hunter. A somewhat major role in a spin-off with mixed reception as well as minor post-game teasers, hardly even qualified enough to be cameos. I don't particularly think either of it's appearances thus far have really given it a strong enough presence to be a contender for Smash as of yet.

Sylux could be a possible candidate for DLC if Prime 4 gets released in a good enough window. But as for the basegame I wouldn't bet on Sylux having a very strong presence in Smash whatsoever.

Want: 10%
While I don't really have anything against Sylux as a character. I'm also still not totally sold on the idea either. Without a doubt in my mind both Ridley and Dark Samus both have enough of their own merits to be playable fighters in Smash. Sylux just sort of seems more of the 'well if we can't have such and such then I guess...'

It also doesn't help that Hunters was actually one of the few Metroid titles I did not enjoy. In fact it's probably my second least favourite Metroid title behind Other M. So it's appearance in that game (which was no more significant than the other 5 hunters I might add) didn't really leave a strong impression on me. And of course teasers aren't enough for me to sell the character unlike many other people. Don't get me wrong I'm very excited for Prime 4 and how Sylux could be utilized within the game, it'd be interesting if Prime 4 was the start of a new trilogy of games and Sylux was a constant threat throughout.

But until then I'm in a wait and see mindset.

----

Decloned Dark Pit-6.7%

----

Lara Croft x5
Once Lara's day comes (which doesn't seem too far off) I'll probably be done with rtc.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Dark Samus

Dark Samus is done. There's not really anything that would warrant her getting in Smash now after so much time has passed since her last appearance. The only way I could see her getting in is as a clone, and honestly, that would be such a bad interpretation of the character that I'm sure not even Sakurai would be on board with the idea.

Want: 25%
It's a shame because I really did like Dark Samus, but my score can't be too high now that Zero Suit exists. As silly as it sounds, her name alone makes me want virtually anyone else (the three Sammies of Smash). Still, she's a Metroid character. Another rep with a terrible name is better than nothing.

Sylux

Chance: 27.5%
  • Before DLC, without Ridley: 5%
  • Before DLC, with Ridley: 10%
  • DLC, without Ridley: 15%
  • DLC, with Ridley: 50%
Want: 60%
Sylux is pretty generic IMO, but I'm desperate for a Metroid character. Even though I really want Ridley above everyone else, I'm not going to reject Sylux if given the offer.

Decloned Dark Pit prediction: 11.2%

Nominations: Steve x5

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Unless Dark Samus and Sylux begin to appear in future Metroid titles, I do not see them happening. If anyone from Metroid gets seriously considered again for the Smash Switch project plan, it will be Ridley.

x5 Balloon Fighter

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
Dark Samus

Chance: 25%
It was the main antagonist of the first 3 Prime games, which gives it an edge since the 4th one is coming out. However, its chance may have passed, since it won't actually be in MP4.

I don't care about Metroid. However, the Assist Trophy makes me think it would have a really cool moveset.

Sylux

Chance: 50%
"The game was too late" is always a horrible argument, because none of you actually know how far in advance these things are planned out. With Sylux, it's especially stupid, because he was planned to be the villain of MP4 since MP3. That being said, he does face competition from Dark Samus and Evil Barney.

Want: 20%
Don't like Metroid and never played Prime/Hunters. I don't care either way.

Decloned Dark Pit prediction: 10%

Nominations:
Viewtiful Joe x5

Last edited:

slambros

Smash Ace
Dark Samus

Chance: 10%
It's definitely not against Nintendo to implement a dark version of an established character, and Dark Samus is already an Assist Trophy.

I'm kind of against clones, but I'm sure the moveset would be neat, and at least a little unique from Samus.

Sylux

Chance: 20%
The villain of Prime 4; for promotional purposes, I'm sure he's got a shot.

Want: 100%
A very cool character in my opinion, and, without counting Ridley, the best hope for another representative of Metroid.

Nominations:
Ryu Hayabusa x5

:171:

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
Ok I'll start with Dark Samus
chance
main antaginost for the prime series. However not only is her time up she also shares the name samus which if we have 3 reps for metroid and all 3 are some sort of samus people will be upset.
5%
want
To be honest I want another purple dragon more. Could be a cool charcter with a fun moveset but I want more than just Samus in smash for metroid
15%

Sylux
chance
issue is his game is not out yet. They could try and make a moveset from him but I feel he was to late to show up as We haven't even seen anything from Prime 4 so I doubt they would have seen stuff years earlier.
20%

Want
better than another Samus. However still want other metroid reps more.
25%

nominating
labo man x5

predicting decloned dark pit at 8.3%

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Dark Samus

Didn't the directors confirm it as dead, and it's story over? Not really a future for the character, so timing is an issue.

Meh. Not huge on Metroid.

Sylux

"Blah blah disclaimer blah blah I include DLC blah blah Spring Man Rex Funky blah blah." You know the drill. Has been hinted at playing a huge part in Prime 4 since forever.

Meh. Not huge on Metroid.

Mehtroid.

Predicting a 6.8 for Decloned Dark Pit
Nominating K. Rool x5

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Dark Samus chances: 0.07%
The main thing she has going for her is her ability to represent the Metroid Prime sub-series very well thank to her phazon abilities and being technically the titular antagonist of the games, but overall she has much more going against her than for her. Not being exactly a high tier popular Nintendo antagonist, especially comparatively to Ridley, and being pretty much dead both canonically and for use in future Metroid games look like a deal breaker to me. Maybe she could be a sort of low priority semi-clone but that's unlikely.

Also she was explicitly said that her story is over, meaning she's unlikely to appear in Metroid Prime 4, and even if by a miracle she did it would probably to late to influence the roster.

Dark Samus want: 62%
I think it's sad that she stands basically no chance because I loved the Metroid Prime trilogy and I think she'd be a great representative of it, with a moveset inspired from her boss battles obviously but also borrowing Samus' phazon abilities from Metroid Prime 3 which would make perfect sense. Armed with phazon, she would also represent the main antagonistic force of the Metroid Prime series.

Sylux chances: 7%
Comments from the Metroid Prime team and the ending of MP3 point towards him having an important role in MP4 (unlike Dark Samus), but as it's late I think it's unlikely to influence the roster. Until then, I don't think there's clear evidence that Sylux is particular stands out enough as a Matroid character to warrant consideration for a playable role in Smash.

Sylux want: 5%
I'm not desperate for more Metroid characters (I gave Dark Samus a higher score because I genuinely think she'd be an interesting addition, not because I want more Metroid characters) and I have no interest in Sylux in particular right now.

Decloned Dark Pit: I wonder, would a Luigification be enough for this concept to count as confirmed or we'd need big radical changes for it to count? If the former then I predict 57.64%, if the later then 23.14%

Nominating:
Returning fighter: Corrin x4
Returning game mode: Smash Run x1

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Dark Samus

Chance: 3%

At least this dark version of a character isn't a full-out clone.

Still, with the amount of care that Sakurai gives to the Metroid series, I can't see him spending that much time on her to differentiate. By nature, she's going to have to share some moves with Samus, so that leaves it a bit easy for him to make her a full clone and be done with it. Keep the dark characters as cool color swaps and be done.

Sylux

Want: 1%

Interesting. He's technically a one-off from a spinoff, but he's going to be big in Prime 4 according to rumors. And again according to rumors, Prime 4 and Smash 5 are both being codeveloped by Namco so they definitely have access to early drafts of the character.

But how much is that going to help, since he's not had much to do so far, and Prime Hunters was a while ago now.

For both...

Of course there's a BIG roadblock to either of them getting into Smash - Sakurai's indifference toward Metroid in general. Oh, and a character who is much more important to the Metroid series and would cause absolute riots if he weren't put in first. Wart was not considered before Bowser, Ghirahim was not considered before Ganondorf, and one-time villains of the Metroid series should never be considered before the main recurring villain makes his debut. Sakurai could get Ridley playable if he wanted to, and he and Nintendo know of Ridley's constant requests. Based on Sakurai's actions towards western-oriented series in general, I can't see him considering more than one Metroid character in the first place, and if that one character is anyone but Ridley, people will rightly be furious.

Prediction for decloning Pittoo: 50.0%
This is weird. Are we considering any move a success? If so, how do percentages factor in?
I'm going to rate this based on time spent: 100% means the developers spend enough time on him to make him a fully unique character, 50% means they'll spend about half as much time on him as it would take to develop any character, and 0% is that he's a last minute clone with barely any dev time.

Nom: Skyrim x5

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Dark Sammich

Her assist trophy helps her a bit, but being basically confirmed to have no future, not being particularly popular, and also just being a Metroid character don't exactly boost her chances. If she didn't get into Brawl or Smash 4, I don't see why they'd choose to add her now, except maybe on the off-chance that she makes a surprise comeback in the upcoming Prime 4.

Unlike some people, I don't believe a series based entirely on isolation is hurting for new characters, but if it had to be Dark Samus, I don't think I would complain. As her AT in Smash 4 has demonstrated, she wouldn't likely be a straight clone of Samus and would have at least some unique moves, which could be cool.

Totally Just A One-Off, Guys

Chance: 30%
Funny how people are willing to dismiss this guy's confirmed comeback as being "too soon" for consideration, but hype the living hell out of folks like Lycanroc and Mimikyu for being "promoted" by TPC after the roster was likely decided. Blimey... Anyway, before anyone says anything, this includes DLC. For the base roster, I don't think Sylux is terribly likely (especially if a certain leak that's been going around turns out to be true) considering how little he had to his name back in 2016, although he has been getting a suspicious amount of screentime since then for a "one-off". For DLC, however, I think the release of Prime 4, which Sylux is confirmed to have a major role in, could line up very nicely with Smash 5's DLC window, and if Sakurai chooses to stick to his word on Ridley, Sylux is basically the only Metroid character he could work with at this point. He's pretty much the most likely candidate for a new Metroid rep in my eyes, although I'm dubious as to whether a series with as few viable characters as Metroid needs a new character at all.

Want: 20%
I've lowkey wanted this guy since before his comeback was confirmed in Federation Force, if only to make the people crying for a token Metroid rep shut up, so fight me. He certainly has the build to work, he has unique moveset potential (which will likely be bolstered by MP4), and starting with Prime 4, he has the relevancy that people so desperately crave in newcomers these days. Who knows, he might even be fun. Please, if not Ridley, just give us this to placate the Metroid crowd, at least until next game.

Nominating Tingle x5

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Dark Samus:
Chance - 10%
It's definitely past Dark Samus' glory days, but she could feasibly be an easy clone similar to Dark Pit and Lucina, so I'm not counting her out entirely.
Want - 20%
I don't really care for her, but I suppose I wouldn't be upset to have a Metroid villain, even if it's not Ridley.

Sylux:
Chance - 15%
His biggest chance is, frankly, that he's added in exclusively for promotional purposes. I don't personally think that's happening, but it could theoretically. That said, I think he's has a better case for DLC than most characters can claim.
Want - 60%
I imagine he'd be a unique character, and I would be happy to see a unique Metroid newcomer, especially a villain...but I want Ridley a lot more.

Decloned Dark Pit Prediction: 13.4%

Nominations: Historical character x5

Indefinite Minimum

Smash Journeyman
Dank Sam

It's an assist trophy.

I don't really care either way.

Slux

I hear he's a cool guy.

I like his design.

Nominations:
Dragonite x5

Kitty-chan

Happy Pyromaniac Neko
3DS FC
1203-9800-8781
Dark Samus

The main nyantagonist of the Metroid Prime trilogy and nyappeared in Smash4 as a AT nya. However MPT is in the past and face competition from Ridley and nyao Sylux nya... I think Dark Samus will remain an AT nya.

Want: 80%
Nyot Ridley, but I'd be happy to see nearly any Metroid nyucomers nya. Dark Samus could be a quarter Clone of Mii Fighter Samus nya! Blasting pretty blue orbs of death at opponents faces nya!

Sylux

Chance: 25%
With him very likely to nyappear in Metroid Prime 4, his chances have risen quite a bit I think nya. He has competition of course, and maybe it is too late for him nya. If nyot main game, he could nyappear as DLC I think nya.

Want: 55%
Nyagain; nyot Ridley, but I'd be happy to see nearly any Metroid nyucomers nya. Sylux could be interesting I suppose nya, but he doesn't interest me that much yet nya.

Nyominations
Eevee: x5

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Dark Samus/Sylux
Chances: 65%
Want: 90%

Could see this going either way, Sylux may have a slightly better chance depending on Prime 4. I would prefer Dark Samus but I would like to see more Metroid representation overall so I hope one of them makes it.

Nomination: Linkle X5

Top Bottom