• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
THAT NEW KIRBY THOUGH!!!!

I'm sorry, I'm still so hyped about that. Easily the best part of the Direct for me. I also liked Bayonetta's new look, hopefully it comes to Smash next time she appears. And I don't care what anybody says, Jack Black as Bowser is GENIUS. Heck, the memes about Luigi referencing It's Always Sunny are making me warm up to Charlie Day, too.

As for Smash... to be honest, I'm getting Byleth vibes from how this is being handled. As in, there's a chance most of that 40 minutes will be Sakurai justifying the character's inclusion (even though he shouldn't HAVE to). Might also be a lower tier character, too...

Nominations: Agumon xMax

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
I'll do this before I'm too late.
  • Mario Party is low-key the game I'm looking forward to the most. 5 boards is a bit of a monkey's paw but I don't have many complains after that. No gimmicks or fluff and fully online. First Mario in forever I'm actually picking up.
  • The 5% struck and we gotta wait a lill bit longer for the final character. Thinking about it, it getting it's own dedicated presentation is probably for the better anyway.
  • 3D KIRBY FINALLY! I'm a sucker for this series and as hyped as I could be but I still hope it actually delivers on the concept and doesn't feel empty like Star Allies. It seems like it will be a single player adventure so I hope that they will go all in on the level design.
  • AC Direct huh? They better announce some meaty content there, like Gyroids if they still want me to consider getting the game.
  • I know NSO is still pretty scammy, especially w the additional paywall for N64/Genesis but on the other, there are a buch of games here I'm pretty interested in. I haven't dabbled much myself into the libraries of those consoles. I get that firing up an emulator would be the morally correct thing to do but I'll probably forfeit my money to Nintendo anyway here.
  • Deltarune brainrot. I cannot escape it. Called it btw
  • Mario movie casting. I'm not a big celeb guy so I mostly feel pretty neutral here and enjoyed all the reactions it got, though I legitimately like Jack Black as Bowser. None of it will matter at the end of the day if the movie sucks. Honestly, the THIS SUMMER pasta meme has me hoping the movie embraces it's sillieness so I could find ironic enjoyment but it will more than likely just be standard ILLUMINATION schlock.
  • Splatoon 3 trailer, I feel kinda indifferent to? It's a story mode trailer but it flashed too many things on screen without elaborating that it didn't make me understand much of anything. I think they should've done it a bit differently.
  • Bayo 3 is no longer vapourware and that's cool, despite me not having played the first two yet. Though can I make the judgement that it just doesn't look as flashy or smooth as 2? Could be the game still being developed but it sure looks.... different.
There are a bunch of things I didn't mention cause of how neutral I felt on them but this Direct had many highlights for me to be statisfied. I'd give it an 8/10 though that's likely Kirby carrying the most of it.

Gene xMax

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
Meh 6/10

From what I can remember

-the Mario Party stuff looked ok but nothing too mindblowing

-There was a new trailer for Metroid Dread. Cool, I guess but everything in it has pretty much already been shown.

-The new 3D Kirby game looks very interesting. I never thought Nintendo would make a 3D Kirby game but they did and it certainly looks promising. Gameplay looks fun, clean and not repetitive. Another thing that really caught my attention is the new setting which obviously shares a lot locations that are typically found in an irl urban city which as someone who didn’t know about the leak, I was really surprised. I think it has potential for lore and stuff. Pretty much the only real highlight for me.

-So the Nintendo 64 is coming to the NSO, ok. The games added in there are great for the most part but pretty much what you’d expect. The only thing that pisses me off was once again BK getting priority in every freaking thing. Battletoads and Killer Instinct were no brainers for the NES and SNES libraries respectively, but nope, people just like to forget Rare has more ips.

-The Mario Brothers cast looks really questionable, and a slap in the face to Charles Martinet who’s been Mario’s successful va for 25 years. I guess the selection of characters is decent however. I’m also genuinely surprised with Foreman Spike. As a guy who’s always hated the Cranky being the original DK bs, I’m guessing that’s what they’re gonna show here since they’re including him. Only time will tell if this movie’s worth wasting time and money on, but I kinda lost some hope already.

-The Splatoon trailer looked cool, I guess. I’m not sure if I’m gonna pick it up however. I think the differences between it and the 2nd installment are little.

-and to top it all up, Bayonetta 3. Always found these games terrible and the character herself always made me cringe so hard pass.

Last edited:

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Hmm, I suppose I'll give the highlights of what was shown off...

1. First of all, KIRBY! KIRBY KIRBY KIRBY KIRBY, KIIIRRBBBYYYY! Ahem, I mean, we got a 3D Kirby revealed. And not a limited 3D adventure like Air Ride or Blowout Blast, but a real 3D title. I imagine Blowout Blast and Battle Royale were testing certain mechanics of Kirby in 3D, as this looks like it retains some elements of those titles. As a huge Kirby fan, Bandana Dee supporter, and someone who's favorite characters includes King Dedede, this was the highlight for me.
  2. Bayonetta 3. While I'm not a big Bayonetta fan, I am at least glad for those that are that this game didn't go the way of Pikmin 4. I've heard some will take some getting used to a different voice, so... good luck with that.
  3. Metroid Dread... so, I watched this direct with a couple of friends and they avoided this section as much as possible. Problem is, Metroid is getting too much exposure. Weird right?? Usually it has the opposite problem. While its great that Nintendo is actually advertising the series for once, they are spoiling a good chunk of it, and my friends and many others are trying desperately to avoid any more spoilers. Maybe this has to do with Prime 4 being delayed? I don't know...
  4. Daisy confirmed for Mario Party Super Stars. As dumb as that sounds, I did raise an eyebrow when she wasn't initially seen with the cast. Otherwise, pretty cool.
  5. Age of Calamity DLC, and honestly, I don't really care. I'm not a huge Zelda fan, but even I have to admit I'm sick of the Breath of the Wild side of Zelda, and BOTW2 hasn't even released. It wouldn't be so bad if another Zelda game like the Link's Adventure remake existed to break up how much attention BOTW Hyrule gets, but at this point I feel we are kinda over exposed to it. I wanna see a different take on Zelda already.
  6. Splatoon 3. New weapons are interesting, but let's be honest, no one plays Splatoon for story mode. It's all about the online 4v4s. Also, age of mammalian's, was I the only one thinking of that Spongebob episode where it was Sandy vs everyone else, sea creatures vs land creatures? Just me? Oh, OK...
  7. Animal Crossing. It's about time. Dataminers have known about the roost for a while. However, an entire direct means we're likely to get more, I'm guessing Gyroids are finally coming back. Good. I was getting tired of only ever digging up fossils.
  8. No Smash until October. That's fine. I've, to be honest, been tired of Smash speculation anyways. I've resigned that I'm not gonna see anyone I really want, so others can just enjoy this long, honestly drawn out ride. I've moved on to Nicktoons All Star Brawl speculation. Who do you guys believe the 2 DLC characters are?
  9. Mario Movie cast. Well, one thing is for sure, this definitely won't be the 1993 movie again. No Yoshi, Wario, Waluigi, Bowser Jr., or Daisy though. But Foreman Spike is here! Man, that's a deep pick.
  10. NSO. Nice try, I'm not paying more for an already overpriced online service that performs worse than PS3 and XBOX360 era online. I don't care if it comes with N64 and Genesis games, fix the problem at hand.
So overall, I'd give it an 8/10. Kirby definitely bumps it up some, I can never be upset when this guys around. There are some upsets in there, but hey, I'm just happy to actually like something in a direct for once.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Day over.

Rate Boss: Ender Dragon (Minecraft) & Mii Costume: Alex Kidd (Alex Kidd)

No predictions for today. In fact, we're done giving predictions because...

TODAY IS THE LAST DAY YOU CAN USE YOUR NOMS FOR THE REST OF ULTIMATE

Make them count.

Megadoomer Megadoomer

-----

(Busy atm, will edit this post for music post later)

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
It's the end of the speculation scene as we know it!

Chance (Endy): 0%. We didn't get a boss rush (as a standalone mode for anybody other than Sephiroth), Steve didn't come with it in his own pack, and overall there's simply nowhere for Endy to go. She's stuck in a rock and a hard place here as there's been ample opportunity to bring back bosses or add new ones but it hasn't happened and I am very confident this won't change with Challenger Pack 11, the end of Ultimate.

Want (Endy): 20%. I wouldn't hate it but she's gonna need to have real Enderman backing her up to stand out from Rathalos, and without a World of Light expansion, true Boss Rush mode or anybody else to add that would make sense (since the only character, Steve, has already been added) there's no reason to for me. Plus I kinda want them to focus on the last fighter and fixes to other things first.

Chance (Alex Mii'd): There are two ratings so for scoring purposes, go with the score of 10%.

The last fighter is not from SEGA: 0%. SEGA hasn't been involved with random batches of content like other companies which can either mean good or bad, but in this scenario it would mean there's no way it's gonna happen.

The last fighter IS from SEGA: 20%. The reboot gave Alex a much needed shot in the arm and I think a Brawler costume would fit the legacy of the character. There's not much to add since predicting anything is a fool's errand but Mii Costumes have been especially near impossible, so he could show up but I think any of the following would edge him out: Kiryu (if it isn't him), Arle or a Puyo cap (if it isn't her), Sakura Shinguji, Axel Stone, Billy Hatcher, NiGHTS, Jack Frost or more Atlus stuff (if it isn't Demi-Fiend, Flynn or Nahobino, and even if it is), or even a Ristar mask. It's not easy just because of that. There's also the chance he IS that fighter from SEGA, which is too low for me to consider existent but not nonexistent.

Want (Alex Mii'd): 60%. It would be a great way to acknowledge the character, as I feel missing out on so many generations of gaming is a bad thing for any character but in Mii's case I'm more than happy to let it slide. Plus, in this position he's not a rival Alex would be out of Arle's picture and very slightly boost the chances of the character.

For my final nomination... I'll go with whatever's currently in the lead x max. And I don't know what we're predicting so I wouldn't do it even if I knew what the next day was!

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Boss: Ender Dragon
Chance: 0%. Since the Ender Dragon is a spirit, that is out of the running. As for future games, the chance I see possible, but it depend so if Steve returns.
Want: 100%. I have fought the Ender Dragon in Minecraft quite a bit and she would be a fun boss to fight in Smash. It also means she would be the first female boss in Smash. Otherall, She would be a fun boss in Smash.

Mii Costume: Alex Kid
Chance: 5%. The chance is slim, but it still is a possibility for it to happen. But with 4 or 5 Mii Costumes left to got, its going to be a tight one.
Want: 50%. Sure, a Mii Costume for Alex Kid would be fun to use. Overall, an Alex Kid Mii Costume would be a decent Mii Costume.
Noms: 15 for Lugia

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Remember this being heavily rumoured lmao

Chance: 0% Lmao no way in hell are we suddenly getting this.

Want: 80% I mean, why would you not want more boss fights? I'm not a Minecraft fan but it'd still be very nice to see.

Rock, Paper, Failed Mascot

Chance: 1% I guess? There's nothing arguing for an Alex Kidd costume but nothing against it either

Want: Abstain, too unfamiliar with Alex Kidd, though I know there's a remake that's out now or coming soon.

Morrigan x max

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
We're in the endergame now
Chance: 0%
This is already a Spirit in Steve's pack and we simply aren't getting more bosses. It's not happening.

Want: Abstaining

Alex Mii
Chance: 2%
If the last character is from SEGA I guess it's possible. Regardless, it would still have to compete with hundreds of costume ideas. Alex is more of a SEGA legacy character than a icon from a beloved IP so things aren't really pointing towards him.

Want: Abstaining

Gene x5

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I actually had 20 noms worth of sentences written down for both of these but then the Direct happened and I lost them so I'll give the abridged version.

If you think about it, Steve is the Dragonborn of his universe

There are two major obstacles going against this. One, we haven't gotten any DLC bosses and at this point I don't think we will get any. Second, if we were going to get this, it would have happened alongside Steve. So I'm very confident this ain't going to happen.

Want: 100%

I'm happy with most of the MInecraft content (Aside from the music, why C418, why??) we got content. But Minecraft is still one of my favorite games so I would be very happy to have more content and see how they translate the boss battle into Smash. The Ender Dragon is quite cool and The End would be one of the most unique boss locations.

Apparently this kidd had his own Shinobi spoof.

Chance: 0.01%

Even as a Mii costume, I doubt this will happen. Aside from being the original Sega mascot and having a new game on the Switch, Alex has little credentials. That wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the fact that I expect the last Mii wave to be a bunch of fan favorites. I could maybe see Sakurai choosing him since he's just that much of a history buff but that's the only way I see him getting the Mii nod.

Want: 0%

I did not like Miracle World, like at all. I find it to be a clunky and just not fun game. And even when it comes to Genesis characters, there are lots of other characters that I'd prefer even if they were just costumes. Axel Stone, Vectorman, Ristar, the Golden Axe crew, Altered Beast, Shinobi, etc.

Noms: B.J Blazkowicz x10 (Hopefully this will barely be enough to push him into the top 14)

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Blue Bowser

lmao no

Look, I’m not sure who nominated this but this idea feels similar to Echo: Bowser in the sense that it is a very specific example of a type of content that is highly unlikely on its own. Honestly, I’d much rather rate Chancellor Cole again than to rate this sort of concept so close to the end.

Insert a obligatory “wowah it’d be more content so it’d be fun” argument here, which has absolutely no bearing on the boss itself and just on the fact that it’d be a miracle to get even the most basic pre-requisite for this concept as a whole, which is more content outside of characters, stages, Spirits or Miis. Rating this is like rating “Pokéball Pokémon: Dunsparce” and giving it a 100% because it’d mean we’d get more than the basic content established and rarely deviated from since the beginning of the pass.

Are you Kidd-ing Mii?
Chance: 5%

Assuming we get a SEGA rep, this has a decent chance of happening. Alex Kidd does have that sort of mascot status and would fit pretty well as a Mii. Three things that could hinder its chances though: The final character can, of course, be from another company other than SEGA. Bit obvious, but as others have said, SEGA costumes tended to only be included in SEGA packs, unlike Capcom and Namco costumes.

The final character could also bring a follow-up of Kazuya’s Mii Wave, based on popular characters that just didn’t make the cut. It could also be more of a random Mii Wave like Byleth’s and Aegis’ Mii Wave, which focussed on Ubisoft and Capcom respectively. So, even if the final character is SEGA-based, SEGA costumes aren’t guaranteed.

Even then, even a Mii Wave from a SEGA character can focus on the series itself, which gets more likely if the “SEGA character” is more of a subsidiary character like an Atlus character.

Lastly, even a SEGA Mii Wave based on other SEGA series can exclude Alex. SEGA’s got plenty of fun possibilities for Mii Costumes, like Samba Amiigo, Billy Hatcher, Ulala, Crazy Taxi boy.

Speakimg of those SEGA character, I would much prefer any of the aforementioned to get the nod as a Mii Costume than Alex. His design is kinda bland so it wouldn’t really make for a compelling costume in my opinion.

Dynasty Warrios character xwhateverivegot

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
end of dragons
chances: 0% it seems very unlikely that we'd get a boss with last character. let alone a boss to go with a character we've already got. adding in a boss at this stage would feel kinda redundant seeing as only one character would get to fight them. theres nothing else to really say.
want: 0% minecraft as as a whole just does not interest me.

abstain on alex. and put my last noms for what could be some considerable years towards the legends trainer. already rated every character and concept i wanted to

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Abstaining on Ender Dragon, but I do want to cover the Jankenpon Prince of Radaxian;

Alex Kidd Mii
Chance: 10%

Alex Kidd's a significant piece of gaming history. He wasn't just another cult Sega character like Amigo, Beat, Ulala or Billy Hatcher, but the first legitimate 'rival' to Mario. Might be hard for the younger ones here to believe that but yeah, Alex was a huge deal back in the day.

Starting life as Kid Goku, Alex Kidd is the result of Sega losing the Dragonball license midway through a game, Sega adapted and created Alex Kidd and in doing so made their first platforming mascot, in much the same way Mario's origins started as a Popeye licensed game before being developed into his own thing. It was a trend I guess.

Alex Kidd also did significantly better in the Europe, Australia and Latin America regions, where he was a considerably bigger deal. Heck, there's a reason Spanish and British game designers contacted Sega to create the Alex Kidd in Miracle World DX that came out this year rather than a North American.

In the USA and Japan the Master System wasn't exactly a big console seller which is probably the biggest flaw for Alex as a Mii fighter in my eyes. However, to this day the Master System is still selling in Brazil with various Plug In and Play titles making it the longest selling console of all time.

His face is still put on the boxes of those Plug and Play sets alongside Sonic to sell in Brazil:
TecToy-Brazil-Master-System-Evolution.png

Alex's popularity actually isn't all that bad in Japan either despite the Master System selling poorly.
Alex Kidd landed joint 4th in a Famitsu poll on the most popular Sega characters of all time, only being bested by Sonic, Opa-Opa and Sakura Shinguji and getting the same votes as Kiryu. For further reference, fan favourite Tails came in 10th and no other Sonic character placed at all.

In a 2016 survey he also placed amongst the favourite Sega characters, baring in mind this was during a time where Alex hadn't been seen for decades. He actually placed one single vote behind Arle in 9th place for that poll and strangely Sonic didn't even place at all(although Dr. Eggman did).

The only reason I'm giving it a 10% for Alex Kidd as a Mii costume is that there's no guarantee Sega will get ANY Mii costumes at all, but if they do I think Alex Kidd as a Brawler makes signifcantly more sense than Billy Hatcher, Ulala, Opa-Opa, Amigo or NiGHTS...and I could see Sakura Shinguji getting in as a Swordfighter mii in the same batch.

Not going to lie, I adore Alex Kidd. Hell, his face is the first time I've not had a Yoshi or a Toad on my avatar since I started posting regularly on these forums back in 2013.

Maybe it's because I'm old enough to remember him well, or maybe because of my UK residence I'm in one of the more successful Master System regions, but he's an important part of Sega's history and being the pack in title for the longest running console of all time is a pretty solid claim to fame. Not even Mario can claim that.

As a result I feel that there's definitely enough legacy to Alex Kidd to warrant a Mii costume at the very least with his giant fists, monkey like ears and long flowing scarf(if we go with the DX outfit anyway). I'm not sure if I want him in as a fighter in Super Smash Bros Ultimate, but if Sega ever make their own Smash style fighter, I imagine Alex Kidd would be included as one.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
One advantage of not being able to nominate things anymore is that we don't have to write 10 sentence writeups for extra noms. Case in point...

Boss: Ender Dragon

At the very end of Ultimate's lifespan? After Sakurai confirmed no more game modes, Sephiroth's boss rush, AND Steve? Yeah this ain't happening.

Don't really care about Minecraft. I'll take a boss from just about any series over this.

-----

Mii Costume: Alex Kidd

Chance: 1%
This really depends on whether CP11 is a Sega character and if the entire mii costume wave is Sega themed because that's the only way I see this happening. Otherwise, Alex has major Sega costume competition in the forms of Arle, Sakura, Axel, Kiryu, a SMT character, and a bunch more.

Want: Abstain
Never got into the Alex Kidd series so I won't give a score. I appreciate his legacy though I feel like I'd prefer just about any other Sega costume over this.

Nominations:
Penny Crygor x5

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
This is your final reminder: use your extra noms today or they are worthless. Of course, that goes for regular noms too! After this day ends, the final schedule will be set and the noms list will be no more.

At 76 noms, the barrier of entry to the top fourteen has never been lower. Let's see who can get their characters in at the last second!

Sukapon x235
[Rerate] Gene x190
[Rerate] Agumon x170
Lugia x170
Legends Trainer x165
Concept: Dynasty Warriors character x140
[Rerate] Eggman x127
D.Va x115
Captain Charlie (Pikmin) x115
Concept: Crazy Taxi character x105
Concept: Next game is not a reboot x85
[Rerate] Sora x83
Concept: Darksiders rep x80
Echo (Olimar) x76

100 - 51

Concept: More ATs as one new item x75
Dwight Fairfield (Dead by Daylight) x75
Concept: Rocket League rep x75
Concept: SNES-era Final Fantasy rep x75
Joe Random (MLB: The Show) x70
B.J Blazkowicz x70
[Rerate] Zhao Yun x65
Ghirahim x60
Vi (Bug Fables) x55
Echo: Zeraora (Lucario) x55
[Rerate] Jin Kazama x55
Jin Sakai x55
Nabbit x55

50 - 25

Plague Knight x50
Springtrap x50
Mii Costume: Zagreus x40
[Rerate] Kamek x40
Omori x35
Penny Crygor x35
Filia (Skullgirls) x31
Mii Costume: Rayman x30
Concept: Large and Normal Final Destination made into separate stages x25

Under 25

Regigigas x20
[Rerate] Metal Sonic x20
Concept: Bonus Fighter x20
Donbe and Hikari x20
[Rerate] Spyro x20
Mii Costume: Scorpion x20
[Rerate] Earthworm Jim x16
Yarn Yoshi x15
[Rerate] Shovel Knight x15
Echo: Ms. Pac-Man x15
[Rerate] Ezio Auditore da Firenze x15
Concept: Bonus Stages to fill out the stage select screen x15
King Harkinian x15
Kraid x15
Tetris x10
Slash Kamei (Snowboard Kids) x10
Jesse Faden x10
Infernape x10
[Rerate] Gex x10
[Rerate] Concept: Echo Fighters Pass x10
[Rerate] Q*Bert x10
[Rerate] Ryu Hayabusa x10
Mii Costume: Among Us x10
Spamton x10
[Rerate] Brian x7
Concept: Rocket League content x5
[Rerate] Thrall x5
[Rerate] Lara Croft x5
Stage: Tetris 99 x5
Concept: Raizing shmup rep x5
Concept: KOS-MOS with T-elos alt x5
[Rerate] Master Hand x5
[Rerate] Elma x5
Siris (Infinity Blade) x5
Concept: Tsukihime rep x5
Concept: Challenger Pack with more than 15 spirits x5
Arcueid Brunestud (Tsukihime) x5
[Rerate] Morrigan Aensland x5
Firebrand x1

Lugia soars past Legends Trainer to fight with Agumon for third place. Dynasty Warriors character cuts past D.Va and conquers sixth place. Eggman rules seventh place, having defeated Captain Charlie and D.Va.

Joe Random and B.J Blazkowicz make a run past 50 noms.

Penny Crygor gets over 25 noms.

Today's newcomers are Spamton, with 10 noms, and a rerate of Morrigan Aensland, with 5.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Boss Ender Dragon

Chance 0 - Yeah I can't see this happening. There's no real reason to do it anymore. Steve was added almost a year ago. Boss rush isn't here and probably won't be coming at all. Feels like this missed it's shot pretty easily. Would make a ton of sense if Steve returns but for now I don't think this is a possibility. If somehow we get FP3 announced(we won't) then I'll bump this up a tad.

Want 50 - I don't mind either way. Would be pretty sweet but I don't exactly need it to happen. If we got something like Ultimate 2 or whatever then yeah, I'm all in for it. It would be surprising to see the Ender Dragon get left out actually. But right now I just kinda don't care about it either way.

Alex Kidd Mii Costume:

Chance 10 - Seems possible. Alex did just have a newish game released on next gen and the switch, so I'm not going to shoot this down completely. There's a lot of mystery based on what the mii costumes could be though given that we don't even know the character yet. Is Sega owned so that makes it another possibility. With the series also getting a revival I could for sure see why Sega might try to push it a little too. The biggest hold back I have here is that there's probably like what, 5-6 spots left at most? There's not many characters I'd put money on to become a mii costume right now.

Want 50 - I don't care either way. I don't really get too bothered by mii costumes unless they deconfirm someone I really like. I don't know Alex too well either. My reaction would probably just be a "Oh ok, cool." and then I move on to the next one. Would be nice for the series and fans of it to see it get another bit of a boost though.

Noms:
All my noms go to the baseball legend himself, Joe Random

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
This is your final reminder: use your extra noms today or they are worthless. Of course, that goes for regular noms too! After this day ends, the final schedule will be set and the noms list will be no more.

At 76 noms, the barrier of entry to the top fourteen has never been lower. Let's see who can get their characters in at the last second!

Sukapon x235
[Rerate] Gene x190
[Rerate] Agumon x170
Lugia x170
Legends Trainer x165
Concept: Dynasty Warriors character x140
[Rerate] Eggman x127
D.Va x115
Captain Charlie (Pikmin) x115
Concept: Crazy Taxi character x105
[Rerate] Sora x83
Echo (Olimar) x76

100 - 51

Joe Random (MLB: The Show) x70
B.J Blazkowicz x70
[Rerate] Zhao Yun x65
Ghirahim x60
Vi (Bug Fables) x55
[Rerate] Jin Kazama x55
Jin Sakai x55
Nabbit x55

50 - 25

Plague Knight x50
Springtrap x50
[Rerate] Kamek x40
Omori x35
Penny Crygor x35
Filia (Skullgirls) x31

Under 25

Regigigas x20
[Rerate] Metal Sonic x20
Donbe and Hikari x20
[Rerate] Spyro x20
Yarn Yoshi x15
King Harkinian x15
Kraid x15
Tetris x10
Jesse Faden x10
Infernape x10
[Rerate] Gex x10
[Rerate] Q*Bert x10
Spamton x10
[Rerate] Brian x7
[Rerate] Thrall x5
[Rerate] Lara Croft x5
[Rerate] Master Hand x5
[Rerate] Elma x5
[Rerate] Morrigan Aensland x5
Firebrand x1

Lugia soars past Legends Trainer to fight with Agumon for third place. Dynasty Warriors character cuts past D.Va and conquers sixth place. Eggman rules seventh place, having defeated Captain Charlie and D.Va.

Joe Random and B.J Blazkowicz make a run past 50 noms.

Penny Crygor gets over 25 noms.

Today's newcomers are Spamton, with 10 noms, and a rerate of Morrigan Aensland, with 5.
Looking through the Nominations list, I'd probably be most interested in rating Kamek of those who's not in the top already. What with his Mario Kart Tour debut (complete with new voice like King Bobomb) and confirmation for the Mario movie.

Not nominated anywhere I'd love to see get a rating before release is the Chozo Warrior from Dread. If we were to get another Metroid character at any point in the future, I think it will be them.

But let's do scores.

Double 0 for Enderdragon.

We are not getting another boss, this much should be obvious now. And enderdragon just doesn't interest me. He just flies around and shoots fireballs. Rathalos does that and more.

Alex Kidd
Chance 3%
Sure? Why not. Mii costumes are kinda difficult to predict. But I don't see why this couldn't happen.
Want 0%
No connection to this character so I'm not interested. I'm not very interested in miis unless they come with songs.

Nominate Chozo Warrior xMax. Anyone want to join me getting this up to the top?

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Roshambo

Chance: 30%
Honestly this is pretty likely I feel. There are two scenarios where I could see this happening. One is that we get a Sega fighter and Alex comes as part of a Sega themed wave. The other is that we get a Nintendo fighter with a wave of miscellaneous Miis, and Alex is one of them. Since those two are among the likeliest companies to nab the final slot that's not too bad for Alex.

Also worth noting: he has that new remake,.so he's relevant. He could even get a promotional Mii like Arthur. He's a pretty good fit with Brawler. And he has the pedigree to the point where I'm surprised he isn't in Ultimate yet.

I don't see him being a fighter so I'll totally take him as a Mii. Alex is a legend in gaming. As the original Sega mascot and would-be Mario rival I feel that he absolutely should be in Smash.

Quoting my Rayquaza rating for the dragon

A new boss added 3 years after release

We know no new modes are being added. All of the DLC has come in two formats: the Challenger Pack and the Spirit Event. Neither comes with bosses. There is no boss rush mode in the game. The only ways to fight bosses is to replay WoL (a mode that hasn't been modified in any way since release) and to play Classic as Sephiroth (which can't be modified with new DLC and has no room for another boss anyway). There is no reason to add new bosses to the game. Simply put this is impossible.
Worth adding that Minecraft already got its shot at a pack so this would be way too late.

Want is 0. I'm not a fan of Minecraft being in Smash as it is so I don't want more content. I'd take literally anything else.

Noms: since Sukapon is safe even from DaUsername's extra noms, I'll try and help Golden Icarus. All my noms to Penny Crygor (according to my calculations she would still be a few noms short with both of our noms so more help would be appreciated!)

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Day over.

We are now approaching our final fixed schedule before the end of Ultimate. In order to rate all of these characters before the final Direct next Tuesday, all of upcoming the RTC days will be 24 hour days. Expect each day to end at about 8 am EST.

Also this is just a reminder that because we aren't having nominations anymore, you no longer have to write super lengthy writeups in hopes of extra noms. That means you just have to write the minimum 2 sentence requirement for both chance and want for each character (or none if you're abstaining) in order for your scores to be factored into the average calcs.

Rate Sam Fisher, Mii Costume: Monika, and Stage: Tetris.

Megadoomer Megadoomer

-----

Music post:

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Sam Fisher
Chance: 5% Want: 50%. Sam’s chance is quite low, due to being only one slot left. But Sam would be fun to play as, despite that issue.
Mii Costume: Monika
Chance: 5% Want: 50%. There are only four to five Mii Costume slots left, so it would be tight. But just like many Mii Costumes, Monica would make a fun Mii Costume.
Stage: Tetris
Chance: 1% Want: 75%. While free stages are not unheard of, were only getting one more stage. But a Tetris stage would totally Ben fun to play in, and I support it.
There, fixed it

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Abstaining on Fisher and Monika costume.

-----

Chance: 2%
Hard to see this happening with the Tetris pieces getting spirited during FP1. Perhaps if they decide to add one as a tie-in to either Tetris 99 or Puyo Puyo Tetris (assuming Arle gets in and they base the stage on that specific series of games). It is interesting to note that we almost got a Dr. Mario stage in SSB4, so a stage with falling blocks isn't something too farfetched and was probably considered by Sakurai before.

Probably the biggest stage omission in all of Smash. Easily one of my most wanted stages ever.

Sam Fisher
Chance: 5% Want: 50%
Mii Costume: Monika
Chance: 5% Want: 50%
Chance: 1% Want: 75%
Even though you don't need to give 10 sentence writeups anymore for the extra noms, you still have to at least give a few sentences for each score to count.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Chaos Theory

Ubisoft is in an awkward position. They have the merits to receive a character, considering how close they are to Nintendo, but they just haven't so far. In terms of Ubisoft's catalogue, Splinter Cell is a notable I.P but is beaten by Assassin's Creed in terms of sheer popularity and by Rayman when it comes to demand. Sam Fisher would have better odds if it wasn't for the fact that he hasn't gotten a game in 8 years (Aside from a VR game that was announced last year but I don't really count that). And in general I'm not confident in any western characters. I get the vibe that this last character will be from a niche Japanese game. So in the grand scheme of things Sam Fisher has a lot of things stacked against him despite his series being quite popular during its heyday.

Want: 75%

I've played a decent amount of the first Splinter Cell and I'm sold on Sam. I'm a sucker for Stealth games and he has such a cool design. It's a shame that we haven't gotten any Ubisoft characters yet as they have such a great library to choose from.

Shock Factor: The Game

Chance: 15%

I could see this happening. Doki Doki Literature Club blew up in popularity and has proven to have staying power with an enhanced version coming to the Switch and other consoles. We've gotten some surprising Mii costumes and to my knowledge the game is popular in Japan so by all means this is a possibility.

Never played DDLC but I'm aware of some of the twists and I think it would be hilarious to have a Mii costume for this game of all things.

Ones of the games referenced in Danganronpa 2

Chance: 25%

I have a theory that the last three stage spots might be filled up by a surprise stage pass. But even putting aside that there is a technically that needs to be brought up: Arle. Puyo Puyo and Tetris are synonymous with each other these days thanks to the two crossover games. Because of that, I have some faith that if Arle gets in (Which I'm very confident about), they may just add a Tetris stage in addition to a Puyo Puyo stage. They could either make them seperate, or have one stage and randomize which game is played or have it be a hybrid. After all, Tetris is one of the most iconic games of all time so if Sakurai saw the opportunity I think he might go for it.

Come on, why isn't this a thing? Tetris was literally the best selling game until a couple years ago. It should have something more than just a few spirits. It should have a stage, which would be very fun btw. Imagine fighting people while avoiding Tetriminos falling down. For real, this has to happen someday.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Fisherman Sam
Chance:
5%
Ubisoft is pretty conspicuously absent in the playable character department, but Splinter Cell isn’t a guarantee when it comes to a Ubisoft character between Ray-man, its Raving Rabbids and Assassins’ Creed. Still, this is a second sentence.

Moniika
Chance: 8%

Well, I don’t want to invoke this argument specifically, but there’s only one Mii Wave left. While Monika does have a chance as she hails from a popular indie that lends itself decently for a costume, she’d have to fit into the wave, which has various different ways to go between a sequel to Kazuya’s Final Despair of the Popular wave, a series-specific ways and another company filling in for Nintendo. Still, Monika as a Mii has one of the more easy winconditions as an indie, which we have seen stroll into an otherwise unrelated wave before.

i like monika. she has a neat lil song too :4dedede:

Abstain on Tetris stage

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
It's time

THESE CHARACTERS ARE LOCKED DOWN, ALL NOMINATIONS ARE NOW OBSOLETE

Day 656: Sukapon (Joy Mech Fight) & Gene (God Hand)
Day 657: Lugia (Pokémon) & Agumon (Digimon)
Day 658: Legends Trainer (Pokémon) & Concept: Dynasty Warriors character
Day 659: Eggman (Sonic the Hedgehog) & Penny Crygor (WarioWare)
Day 660: D.Va (Overwatch) & Captain Charlie (Pikmin) & Kraid (Metroid)
Day 661: Sora (Kingdom Hearts) & Joe Random (MLB: The Show) & Concept: Crazy Taxi character

Day 662: Final Predictions

So, a couple of last-minute surprises! On the smaller side, Lugia ended up triumphing against Agumon after a week-long duel (though they'll have to share a day anyways). On a more conspicuous note, we have Joe Random, Penny Crygor and Kraid joining the top fourteen despite two of them being nowhere close - that's the power of extra noms for ya! Unfortunately this means Next game is not a reboot, Darksiders rep and Echo (Olimar) didn't make the cut.

An attempt was also made to get B.J Blazkowicz and Jin Kazama into the final schedule but they missed out by a single spot. Can't get everyone in... A similar honor goes to Chozo Warrior, who debuted at 10 noms but failed to get the help it would've taken to make the schedule. Considering how often he was mentioned during E.M.M.I.'s rating it's a shame that we'll miss out on him, but alas. This final schedule is dedicated to these 3 valiant characters that never made it.

As for the rest of noms?

This is it. The final schedule. The final time I have to count sentences and add noms and move characters up the list and... I'll miss it. Sounds stupid to put it like this but it's true. It became like a daily ritual, you know? I've done 513 of these - got the notes on my phone to prove it. Not sure where the other ~150 went, especially since some of the ones I have are from base game. Regardless, that's all over now.

Care for some more meaningless statistics to ponder the finality of it all? The nominations of all the nominees that shall go unrated add up to 1771. 1771 nominations. There are 304 unused extra noms. That's the equivalent of over 60 correct predictions! Wow...

I'll copy the noms list one last time, for posterity's sake.

100 - 51

B.J Blazkowicz x85
[Rerate] Jin Kazama x85
Echo (Olimar) x76
[Rerate] Zhao Yun x65
Ghirahim x60
Vi (Bug Fables) x55
Jin Sakai x55
Nabbit x55

50 - 25

Plague Knight x50
Springtrap x50
[Rerate] Kamek x40
Omori x35
Filia (Skullgirls) x31

Under 25

Regigigas x20
[Rerate] Metal Sonic x20
Donbe and Hikari x20
[Rerate] Spyro x20
Yarn Yoshi x15
King Harkinian x15
Tetris x10
Jesse Faden x10
Infernape x10
[Rerate] Gex x10
[Rerate] Q*Bert x10
Spamton x10
[Rerate] Morrigan Aensland x10
Chozo Warrior x10
[Rerate] Brian x7
[Rerate] Thrall x5
[Rerate] Lara Croft x5
[Rerate] Master Hand x5
[Rerate] Elma x5
Firebrand x1

Man, wouldn't it be hilarious if FP11 was one of these guys?

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Who even is Tom Clancy anyway?
Splinter Cell is a pretty respected series, probably moreso than the other Clancy IP's. The series has consistant presence on Nintendo platforms and it takes inspiration from Metal Gear which has been in Smash for a while now. ...Yeah, that's basically it. Sam Fisher could maybe hope for a costume but if Ubisoft is gonna take up the last fighter pack, Sam realistically isn't gonna be their first, second or even third pick. Rayman has the fan demand. Assassins Creed is Ubi's biggest franchise and the Rabbids are basically their mascots. Heard Prince of Persia and Far Cry are pretty big deals too. Basically, the competition is off the chards even when you stick to just Ubisoft.

Want: 1%

Splinter Cell from what I know is basically a diet, more accessable yet less popular Metal Gear. I don't have any experience with Sam unless that Death Battle episode counts. I'm sure the SC games are solid and I might check out a few one day but there's currently a conflict of interest regarding me here. I simply really want the Ubisoft character to be Rayman, no offense.

Never trust anyone who kins this hoe
Chance: 1%
Originally I believed that any DDLC content would be impossible since 1. I didn't think a Switch port was possible and 2. I doubted Nintendo would've wanted to do buisness with someone who worked on Project M. I guess none of that ended up being a big deal. Regardless, I consider this still pretty unlikely. We don't know much about Mii Costume development but perhaps the game being released on consoles only this past summer seems like being a bit late. I guess they could've added it beforehand but honestly, would Smash really draw attention to a VN with some quite... infamous moments? Yes we have stuff like Bayonetta and Metal Gear but those don't have to display a trigger warning for the mentally unstable everytime a game boots, at least up to my knowledge. Even if they don't care about that, there are probably other Indie/VN succeses they want to give the spotlight instead.

Want: 50%
I did see a few playthroughs of this game back in the day and it would probably be neat for crazy crossover appeal. Mind you, I don't have much of a dog when it comes to Mii costumes but I personally don't much care for the character herself though. Did some pretty messed up stuff, yet is the most popular of the four. Basically, the people who think she's best girl also have Lennon as their favorite Beatle.

WOW, YOU GOT THE TETRIS! WOW, YOU'RE THE BEEEESST????
Chance: 0.1%
I guess if they wanted to do one extra stage this would be it? Firm believer that CP11 is the last of any major content though. You'd have to pray a Tetromino is the last fighter yet you're outta luck cause all the blocks are Spirits.

Like Bowser's Castle this is such a "No duh" of a stage it's hard to imagine someone being against it, unless they only play legal stages of course. This definitely would not be competitively viable at all but who care? It's Tetris. The game already has spirits and two remixes. Why not pull the trigger on a stage?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
have i abstain yet? well im abstaining on all three. i probably could do write up on the tetris stage but i dont wanna.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Abstaining on Sam Fisher. Though even with the consistent Nintendo releases, competition is so difficult that I just don't think he'd be considered at all.

Monika Mii

Chance: 1% -
Other indies have gotten costumes and the like, and along with her being well-enough known in Japan I can see a slim possibility. Alongside that, the game's now on the Switch and Dan Salvato's a big Nintendo fan so no doubt he'd be easy to work with. But what exactly makes this indie a priority pick? Especially with only 5-6 miis to go, I don't see why we'd get specifically her. Still, the indie Miis tend to creep into unrelated waves so I wouldn't count her out. I still think we'll sooner get a Shovel Knight or Hollow Knight deluxe though, or a Quote gunner. Monika doesn't really fit any of the Mii archetypes.

Want: 0% - Literally nothing about her game appeals to me, and to see her costume get in over much more important, and quite frankly, deserving indies would be complete b*******! I have little to no care for dating simulators, all of the ways it "subverts expectations" are extremely unappealing (can't say I care for meme horror, apparently the only way to subvert expectations thse days is to go all-out negative), I think the art looks pretty gross, and even looking at it from a parody angle, why would I care about the parody if I'm not into the original genre at all? The only good thing about this happening would be that it'd deconfirm her as a playable character. But either way, this is a franchise I never want to see associated with Smash.

Tetris Stage

Chance: 5% -
It's clear that we aren't getting DLC stages, and I HIGHLY doubt we're getting a tetramino as a playable character. Still, why the 5%? Simple! Puyo Puyo can be a bridge! The Puyo Puyo Tetris duology was very successful, and alongside the success of Tetris 88 I can see Nintendo wanting to push the Tetris brand again. So I can imagine a character like Arle coming with a stage with Tetris elements. Still, the only way I can't see us getting a FULL Tetris stage unless, for whatever reason, we get Tee as our Puyo rep instead, which I don't see happening.

Want: 70% - Which is a shame!The most iconic puzzle game of all time deserves it, and would make for a super wacky and fun stage! Falling blocks surrounded by decorated and colorful Russian buildings and vibrant fireworks? Sign me up! Thrown in some cameos from the SS Tetra crew and you've got yourself a masterpiece! Really, this is long overdue!

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Tom Clancy's Ubisoft's Cash Cow's Neglected Franchise

Considering how much Ubisoft likes to ********* fans by putting him in everything they can except a new Splinter Cell I guess it would be in character for him to show up in Smash. Other than that, I don't see it. It's been years since the last SC game. Meanwhile most of Ubisoft's potential candidates are from franchises still getting games. At the end of the day, while Splinter Cell is big and influential, it probably won't stack up to the juggernaut that is AC or the fan favorite that is Rayman.

However we can dream. And man is this a good dream. Although my preferred Ubi rep will always be the Prince of Persia, and I think Ezio is the one who deserves it, I will always have a soft spot for Splinter Cell. Getting to realize Snake vs. Sam is akin to something like Mario vs. Sonic or Link vs. Cloud to me.

Just Mii

Chance: 10%
I guess it's possible? I really don't know what to say. Nothing's.pointing to this other than I guess DDLC+ being on Directs, but nothing's.working against it either and I can't say I'd be shocked. Certainly there are bigger indies and more fitting indies but with the dev's association with the Smash fandom they might find a way. Or ban DDLC from Smash to retaliate for all the mods

I liked DDLC as.much as anyone but this would be kinda random? She's just a schoolgirl so her costume would be kinda generic, like it could be anyone. I guess her hair is kinda unique but still. Not an exciting design to give a fighter and not a character I'm dying to see join the fray. There isn't any music shed come with that I'd be hyped to get either. Overall I'd rather leave the spot for some other inclusion. I think Monika would be good for a few memes and not much else

I am the one who arranges the blocks

It does seem low but if there's.one thing we can't discount is Nintendo's weird and sporadic relationship with the Tetris IP. Every so often they do something random with Tetris so I wouldn't.put it past them. But overall times pretty close to running out for new stages.

Want:100%
Like Bowser's Castle,this is one of the no-brainer stages that should've been in long ago. And it just sounds like a hella fun idea. Yes please

Btw I wouldn't count a Puyo Puyo stage as this and I doubt they'd rep the series with a stage from its crossover anyways

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Day over.

Rate Sukapon (Joy Mech Fight) & Gene (God Hand)

Megadoomer Megadoomer

-----

Music Post

-----

Abstaining on both

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Abstaining entirely on Sam Fisherprice

The best VN according to people who don't play VNs

Chance: 1% DDLC is immensely popular, with the physical release of the Plus edition or whatever it's called being announced on the Switch first if I remember correctly, however, we've only got one single batch left and I'm not sure why DDLC would get any more priority

Want: 0% I do not give a **** about DDLC as it seems to be made out of spite of a genre which irks me, it's like saying the only good turnbased game to exist is Persona 5. When I've got so much love for games like Ace Attorney, When They Cry and Zero Escape with all sorts of memorable tales I can never forget, a spiteful jab of a game with little value beyond the shock factor of the big twist doesn't sound even remotely appealing.

Almost as overdue as Bowser's Castle

Chance: 0% We are not getting any new stages beyond the one in the challenger pack. This is a fact and Tetris doesn't really have a proper character to get a stage from either meaning I can't give even a slight considerstion either

Want: 100% Tetris is so damn iconic that it's absurd we have 2 songs and some spirits but NO stage. There is a reason why Stage Builders would be filled with Tetris stages and you know what, I agree completely

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Sukopon
Chance: 1%. Sukopon being an assist appears to be the cause of the chance to be low. But Sukopons obscurity and there being one slot left might have also been a factor in it. Want: 50%. Sukopon wouldn’t be fun to play as, and Sukopon vs Mim-Min fight would be an interesting fight. Overall, Sukopon would make a unique smash bros Rep.

Gene
Chance: 5%. With one slot left, I don’t know if Gene can get in. But we have been surprised before. Want: 50%. Sure he can be fun to play as. Overall, he would make a decent Smash Bros rep.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Gene

Chance: 0.5% -
God Hand has nothing to do with Nintendo, along with its' last rerelease being all the way back in 2011. It definitely gets points for Capcom publishing it, but with little relevance, no fan demand, and nothing for Nintendo on the marketing end, this game really is just too obscure, especially for the final slot.

Want: 20% - Nothing against Gene of course! But I've never played his game so a lack of connection definitely doesn't make me too interested in seeing him in Smash. Though, I will say, I do appreciate the emphasis on comic relief in the game, I love comic relief, and it is incredibly undervalued these days!

Sukapon

Chance: 0% -
I'm honestly confident in giving him a 0%. He's already an assist trophy, and one new to this game. That's already a huge death sentence. There really isn't much demand to get him promoted either, and when your competition in that regard is Waluigi, things are not looking good for you. Furthermore, his games are Japan-only (one did get a rerelease in Korea, though), and Sakurai has directly expressed that this has kept other characters out, and said game's last rerelease was back in 2011 I believe, for a 1993 game. There's simply too much stacked against him.

Want: 30% - For a quirky, out of left field pick you could do worse, I do think his design is fun! Though if we're gonna get a character with a limbless gimmick, Rayman would be a much better pick, and has way more to offer.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Stop. Throwing. Me.

Joy Mech Fight is notable for being one of Nintendo's earliest fighting games after Urban Champion and it pushed what the Famicom was capable of. But aside from legacy and Sakurai clearly liking him, he doesn't have many other things going his way. For one, the game was never localized outside of Japan. In fact I just found out that the game is on the Switch online service but Japan only. So he is in the same boat that Takamaru was in, except that these days his situation is even worse than the swordsman with no NA releases. Not only that, but I just doubt that out of all the assist trophies he would be the one chosen to be upgraded. So in my mind, it's far fetched to imagine Nintendo going with this.

Want: 10%

I can appreciate a legacy pick but aside from the moveset and Sukapon being a retro rep this doesn't offer a lot that appeals to me. Plus him being chosen of all assist trophies? I'm not sure how I would feel about that. I can respect Joy Mech Fight and what it did for the time, but when it comes to even other retro characters like Excitebiker he is not at the top of my list.

God of Hands

No Nintendo history. One cult classic game. And owned by Capcom. Yeah there is no way this is getting in. If Gene was excluded from MvC3 despite being considered, and that's the crossover known for keeping characters like Morrigan and Viewtiful Joe alive, then what does that tell you about the general interest in God Hand? To be frank I would bet on characters like Amaterasu, Mike Haggar and Frank West before Gene would even be on the table.

My chance rating was harsh but I do want to give the game a try. Apparently a lot of the people who made it went on to be hired by Platinum so it's got my interest just for that alone.

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Sukapon deez
This is a typical retro/legacy pick that would be a good fit for the base game but doesn't make much sense as a DLC character. The Assist Trophy is Sukapon's first appearance in decades to my knowledge, that's pretty much telling me Sukapon was always planned to be an AT and nothing more. Doesn't help that Joy Mech Fight also never released in the west. Takamaru at least had his game localized for the Virtual Console. JMF meanwhile, isn't on western versions of NSO and that service has a unlocalized and untranslated Puyo Puyo game on it.

Want: 1%
Cute design but c'mon, release the game in the west before selling us the character. Even if, I don't think they should be selling this character even if people outside Japan were familiar with JMF. This just really feels like a base game retro pick and not something were the content would be worth 4.99 on its own. Of course there are still other characters I'd much rather want at this point

Lol nope. Cult following aside, God Hand is niche as **** and hasn't seen a rerelease since 2011. It's not on any Nintendo platform either. Most unfortunate is that he didn't even get into MvC3 despite the other 2 Clover characters getting in and Gene was even considered at one point I'm pretty sure. Just as sad as a RH character beign scrapped from Smash 4. The amount of optional Capcom characters has dwindled yet most survivors would still be likelier than Gene. Wright, Morrigan, Joe and Ammy would all get in before him. Heck, it's likely a RE character would get in over Gene despite the Spirit event.

Want: 70%
It's a shame too. God Hand is a dope as hell game that really deserves another shot in the current gaming landscape after that 3/10 IGN unfairly doomed it. Wether that be through Smash or something else. Gene would certainly get a great moveset to, the amount of stuff he can bring would make Kazuya blush

Top Bottom