• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I don't know why people make a big deal over the three veteran days. I'd rather rate a veteran over a newcomer that legitimately has no shot.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Tethu Chance: 2%

This game flopped and received very, very little promotion and publicity. I have to admit I've never even heard of it until yesterday, and if I somehow did hear about it before, then I must've long forgotten about it. With the game doing so poorly and being so obscure, I really don't see why Sakurai or any of the other devs would look to this game for a character or even any major content. Few people thought Wii Fit Trainer would join the fight, but at least her game was highly successful and relatively well known.

Want: 1%

Only because of the possibility that the character's introduction to Smash would make me appreciate the character and their game of origin more. I currently don't know a single thing about this character, so I have no connection to them whatsoever.

Nominations: Sans x5

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
I don't know why people make a big deal over the three veteran days. I'd rather rate a veteran over a newcomer that legitimately has no shot.
IMO, only :4greninja: is worth debating over whether or not he'll make it. I think the other two are pretty much safe for now.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Etrian Odyssey...oh wait the other series initialed EO?

Chance: 1%

Ever Oasis is essentially Codename STEAM 2.0 with how it was dead before it even began. Being revealed at an E3 all about Breath of the Wild didn't do it much favors and as time went on people cared about it less and less. This series and Codename STEAM are what I like to consider "Assist Trophy material". Both series might get a track from there respective games in Smash though.

Want: 1%

I had zero interest in it the moment I saw it 2 years ago and that hasn't changed.

Prediction: Arle Nadja

Chance: 12%
Want: 35%

Nominations

Masked Link X 3
Bomberman X 2

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Tethu

Chance: 5%
Tethu is the protagonist of a Nintendo game..... aaaaaand that’s pretty puch where his positives end.

Said game recieved almost no marketing past it’s initial anouncement at E3, came out way past the generally agreed upon period that Smash characters would have been chosen, and was met with low sales and middling reviews.

He’s in the same position as Henry, but worse, because at least Henry’s game came out at a time where it might have been considered.

Want: 10%
I didn’t play Ever Oasis, and I’ve never been particularly interested in trying it out. I’m not actively against it, I don’t particularly care to see the game represented with a Smash character.

I do like Tethu’s design though, so he’s got something to go off of.

Noms:
Tingle x3
Rick/Kine/Coo x2

Arle predictions: 6.55%

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
To be fair, almost every veteran seems realistic when you compare them to a newcomer. They've already gotten in Smash before, so they don't really have to prove themselves.

Then again, I feel like we're stuck on a broken record. The past couple of days have basically been, "This character has absolutely no chance and I'm indifferent to their inclusion in Smash." It would be nice to rate someone with a more positive tone for a change.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
PSA: For anyone saying that they don't know anything about the character a quick way to fix that, is to go buy the game. Seriously, it's worth it.

Also, as far as "magic swordsmen that can manipulate nature" go, there's no way I want to see him more than Isaac.
Tethu and Isaac have literally nothing in common, they would have no effect on the other even if Tethu had a shot.

Tethu
Want: 5%
I didn’t play Ever Oasis, and I’ve never been particularly interested in trying it out. I’m not actively against it, I don’t particularly care to see the game represented with a Smash character.
With the obvious comparisons to Codename STEAM, this almost feels like a betrayal (not that I can blame you for not wanting him though)

Troykv

Smash Master
IMO, only :4greninja: is worth debating over whether or not he'll make it. I think the other two are pretty much safe for now.
Well... :4mewtwo: and :4lucas:... while have good chances of returning, are potential victims of low Priority (unlike Shulk, that he's THE representative from Xenoblade)

Last edited:

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
With the obvious comparisons to Codename STEAM, this almost feels like a betrayal (not that I can blame you for not wanting him though)
Truth be told my original post had him at 0%, and was a lot more dismissive. The only reason I bumped him up to 5% and changed some of my wording is because I realized how hypocritical it all sounded, coming from the guy who went on an incoherrent rant here praising Codename S.T.E.A.M just last week :chuckle:

If anyone here really supports Tethu and is down about these scores; trust me, I know how you feel. :upsidedown:

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Tethu
Chance: 10%
Don't think he'll be that likely...tbh I forgot Ever Oasis even existed until his name came up...
The best I can see is an assist trophy...

Want: 0%
Don't care tbh...

----

Arle Nadja-16.70%

----

Dark Samus x5

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
Lucas can be cut cause he's from a dead series, is similar to Ness (not a big loss in a move set), likely did not sell as well as other DLC due to smaller popularity pool, and he already failed to make it into the starting roster once.

Mewtwo was cut back in Brawl and didn't make Smash 4's base roster. Several people are under the thought process that Pokemon has to lose characters cause OMG PATTERNS from two instances. And he currently has showed being low priority leading up to now.

Greninja is of course the newest Pokemon rep (so possibly the most expendable), so he is automatically accused of being the weakest link even if his popularity was at it's all time's highest when Sakurai was working on the roster. (2016)

Jigglypuff, Lucario, and Charizard are also all good for debate. Jigglypuff sticks out as the one who never deserved it and only gets in cause she is easily made from Kirby, Lucario has some strong hate base and a small Smash popularity, and Charizard only got in cause Sakurai wanted Pokemon Trainer and he likely only remained as a consolation prize when PT was cut.

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
Tethu

Want: 25%

I didn't realize this game was already out in 2017. I guess it went under the radar, but I'm still willing to give it's character a chance.

Nominatons: Kamek x3 Lip x2

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Tethu want: 0% (8-10*)

I like wind attacks, but I don't like Tethu's chibi/super-deformed design.

Nominations:

Masked Link x5

* Indicates percentage penalty for potentially taking a slot from most wanted characters

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Tethu

Chance: 10%

The game game out too late and it flopped. Those are two big strikes against Tethu.

Want: 60%

I wouldn't mind him. Great design and could bring a good stage.

Prediction for Arle: 18%

Nominations: Sans x5

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Lucas can be cut cause he's from a dead series, is similar to Ness (not a big loss in a move set), likely did not sell as well as other DLC due to smaller popularity pool, and he already failed to make it into the starting roster once.
This argument makes no sense. How would a character confirmed to have been brought back by fan demand among Smash fan base (you know, the people who would be interested in DLC for a Smash game) be the worst selling due to popularity? Great popularity was the reason he came back.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Tethu

Chance and Want: ABSTAINED

I have to be honest i've just heard of Ever Oasis so I don't have any knowledge here.

Arle Prediction: 17.87%

Nominate Lloyd Irving x5

D

Deleted member

Lucario has some strong hate base and a small Smash popularity
He's basically a second mascot to the franchise. There's no way in hell that he'll be cut.
Charizard only got in cause Sakurai wanted Pokemon Trainer and he likely only remained as a consolation prize when PT was cut.
You're completely forgetting that he's one of the most popular and recognizable Pokemon in the franchise (arguably more than Mewtwo).

We're getting off topic though

Last edited by a moderator:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I finished rating everyone for the next week. Before E3 begins on June 12, there are some characters I would like rated and nominated before the Smash event begins:

Simon Belmont
Tom Nook
Balloon Fighter
Transformation characters
Octolings
Funky Kong
Hanafuda character
Mr. Resetti

I feel all 8 characters will bring very interesting discussion, although the latter 4 are characters can be rated later because those feel like the type of characters could be revealed way later due to various reasons like them likely being potential unlockables, clone status (Like Dark Pit and Dr. Mario not being revealed via trailer in SSB4), historical surprises (Like DHD's late reveal in SSB4). Simon, Tom, and Balloon Fighter feel like characters that could be revealed at E3 IMO.

I hope we can cover them all before E3. :)

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
I wonder he'll get another character like Jibanyan in the future xD (Decent chances, but extremely low want).

I finished rating everyone for the next week. Before E3 begins on June 12, there are some characters I would like rated and nominated before the Smash event begins:

Simon Belmont
Tom Nook
Balloon Fighter
Octolings
Funky Kong
Hanafuda character
Mr. Resetti

I feel all 8 characters will bring very interesting discussion, although the latter 4 are characters can be rated later because those feel like the type of characters could be revealed way later due to various reasons like them likely being potential unlockables, clone status (Like Dark Pit and Dr. Mario not being revealed via trailer in SSB4), historical surprises (Like DHD's late reveal in SSB4). Simon, Tom, and Balloon Fighter feel like characters that could be revealed at E3 IMO.

Which one are you the most interested on? I would help you with that one in the next day. :happysheep:

Now that I remember your choices... Hanafuda Character would actually be a decent chance low want character xD

Last edited:

zipzapsparkle

Smash Journeyman
Funky Kong is near the top but I’ll help you nominate anyone you want. The characters I’m nominating probably won’t be rated before E3.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

Simon Belmont
Tom Nook
Balloon Fighter
Octolings
Funky Kong
Hanafuda character
Mr. Resetti

Heh, I know the feeling. I've been chomping at the bit to get Mipha and Lycanroc rated before June 12. Since both are characters from two of Nintendo's biggest IPs, I have a feeling that E3 is the place where we would get them revealed if they are indeed playable characters.

Luckily, those two are ranked pretty high on the nominations list, and they're the only characters left I really want that haven't been rated yet. Seems like your list is in a rougher position than mine.

D

Deleted member

Tethu

Chance: 15%

Want: abstain

I have barely anything to say about him really.

Noms:
Music: Final Destination (Ver. 2) x5

Arle Nadja prediction: 9.54%

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Troykv Troykv zipzapsparkle zipzapsparkle Tom Nook or Balloon Fighter, whichever you personally prefer. Simon Belmont, Octolings, and Funky Kong are pretty high on the nominations list right now, so Tom and B. Fighter could use catch up. I'm nominating Tom Nook right now, so maybe we can start from there. :roll:

zipzapsparkle

Smash Journeyman
Troykv Troykv zipzapsparkle zipzapsparkle Tom Nook or Balloon Fighter, whichever you personally prefer. Simon Belmont, Octolings, and Funky Kong are pretty high on the nominations list right now, so Tom and B. Fighter could use catch up. I'm nominating Tom Nook right now, so maybe we can start from there. :roll:
Very well I’ll start giving him x3 noms every day starting with Arle’s day. Is that good?

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Tethu

Chances: 10%
Did not even realize this game was released, have not noticed it since last e3. From the sound of it sales may have also not been great either so that does not help either.

Want: 5%
Not really interested in this game

Nomination: Linkle X5

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
From the sound of it sales may have also not been great either so that does not help either.
Nah it mostly just went under the radar. It released during the time when Nintendo was focused on selling both Arms and the Switch so they didn't market the game at all so most people didn't know about it or forgot about it. Most reviews of the game are positive though, so the people that did play it usually enjoy it, it just suffered from being a 3DS game during the Switch frenzy.

Troykv

Smash Master
Okay then, I'll help you with Tom Nook first (Balloon Fighter is the kind of character I would expect reveal at the game's release date).

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Tethu Chance: 0%
Yeah, I just can't see this one getting in. Ever Oasis released at a poor time in 2017 so main roster looks like a no-go, and the game was neither a financial success nor is Tethu popular enough for DLC. I just can't see Sakurai picking Tethu at all.

Want: 45%

Arle Prediction: 5%

Nominations: Gengar X5

:094:

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Tethu
Chance: 4% - Ever Oasis is only a year old, it may be too young to have been considered for Smash. It also doesn't help that no one was willing to give it a chance.
Want: 100% - Tethu has my complete support. :)

Arle prediction: 8%

Nominations: Azura x5

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
Haven't played this game before, but it looks like fun! Here's mine.

Tethu's game was released by Nintendo, but that's about it. Didn't sell well, and didn't really stand out too much... I can't see it happening.

I was one of the people who actually did buy Ever Oasis. It starts out fun and charming, but begins to feel repetitive and tedious very quickly with dungeon design forcing you to teleport back to the oasis frequently so you can swap out your party just to continue. Because of this mechanic, Tethu doesn't have many abilities. He's got a sword and wind magic, and that's it. He's pretty cute, but that's about it for me. He's not someone I'm interested in seeing join.

----

Arle's chance prediction: 23.57%

I personally think she's got a pretty good shot - definitely better than 23% - but the general opinion seems to be that she isn't. :p

Nominations:
DeMille x5

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero

Simon Belmont
Tom Nook
Balloon Fighter
Octolings
Funky Kong
Hanafuda character
Mr. Resetti

Gotcha fam

Tethu:
If Smash truly has become "Put in reasonable characters from the last two years' magic portal window timing relevance development timing", Tethu still doesn't stand much of a chance

Want: 50%
Indifferent. No doubt his moveset would be cool and I do like his design

Balloon Fighter x5
This will legit be an interesting discussion imo

Kitty-chan

Happy Pyromaniac Neko
3DS FC
1203-9800-8781
Tethu

Same sorta deal as with Henry nya. The game flopped nya.

Want: 25%
Never played Ever Oasis and I don't think I will anytime soon nya.

Nyominations
Mimikyu: x5

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Tet-who?
The fact that I had to look up who this was should say enough about his chances.
I'm not interested.

Arle prediction: 7.7%
Noms: Transformation characters x5

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
I was one of the people who actually did buy Ever Oasis. It starts out fun and charming, but begins to feel repetitive and tedious very quickly with dungeon design forcing you to teleport back to the oasis frequently so you can swap out your party just to continue. Because of this mechanic, Tethu doesn't have many abilities. He's got a sword and wind magic, and that's it. He's pretty cute, but that's about it for me. He's not someone I'm interested in seeing join.
While a little sad you didn't enjoy the game, at least you played it. It's far better to have someone play a game and form their own opinion instead of that person just skipping out on the game entirely. I just wish more people would give it a chance. Then they could make a sequel and hopefully iron out those things that took away from your enjoyment.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Tethu
Chance: 7%
He’s in the same boat as Henry Fleming. Although I do believe he has slightly better chances.

Want: 75%
I love the little guy. Not my first choice, but one I’ll gladly accept.

Predictions
Arle Nadja: 20.88%
In terms of a non-Sonic Sega character, I honestly believe she has the best chance.

Nominations
KOS-MOS x 5

Cycrum

Smash Apprentice
Tethu

Chance: 0%
His game bombed immensely, so the Smash Switch team is extremely likely to either overlook him or pass over him due to his irrelevance.

Want: Abstain
I've never even heard of EverOasis until I started looking at and posting in this speculation thread.

Predictions:
Arle Nadja: 19.07%

Nominations:
Lara Croft x5

Last edited:
Top Bottom