• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Blue Bowser
Chance and Want:

Blue-Bowser.jpg

Bowser's long lost twin brother/clone/distant relative is a fine colour palette, and that's all he shall remain.

Unless they repurpose the above design as his official and add him into the Mario canon that is.

Predictions:
Tethlu; 8.3%

Nominations: Holy cow I won?
Fire Emblem Heroes Summoner X 5
Slippy Toad X 5

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Blue Bowser

Chance/Want: 0%
*sigh of disppointment*

----

Tethu-11.11%

----

Dark Samus x5

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Blue Bowser

Lost Levels, the true sequel to one of the biggest video games of all time, absolutely deserves some love. Renaming Bowser's blue palette swap would be cheap and effective fan service. However, since we're rating Blue Bowser as a separate character today, I'm gonna have to give him a less than favorable score. It's no longer 1986 and so his chances aren't too hot. In all fairness, Blue Bowser does have hammers at his disposal. Like the hammer bros, the early Bowsers believed in the effectiveness of lobbing blunt objects in random trajectories. I can see that concept differentiating Blue Bowser a little if they pulled from the source material. In a sense, he would be the Dr. Mario to Bowser's Mario: a hurried clone put in near the end of the game with noticeable differences between the original. However unlikely, it's the most a Blue Bowser fan can hope for and I'd like to think there's at least one in the house... otherwise, someone spent about, I dunno, 2 months worth of nominations pushing this character to the top of the list for a quick laugh. I hope it was worth it either way. =o)

Chance: 0%
Want: 25%

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Blue Bowser

This character makes Dark Pit look like one of the best additions we've ever had.

Want: 0%
Throw in a baker's dozen of FE characters before you give me this guy. (Please don't take that as a challenge, Sakurai.)

Tethu prediction: 6.2%

Nominations (as if you didn't already know): Mipha x5

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Red King K. Rool

Chance- 1%
Despite his high popularity and sheer importance to gaming as a whole, Sakurai bias will strike again. Us Blue Bowser fans will go without justice for the FIFTH time in the past 2 decades.

Want- 0%
I'd say this is a waste, but...

Tesla- 21.07%

Dr Mario X 4
Thwomp X 1

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
Blue Bowser
Chance - 0%
I don't think Bowser's move set is even popular enough to warrant a clone. And if we did get a Bowser clone, it'd probably be Dry Bowser.
Want - 1%
In a world where Pit went emo, Marth got a gender change, Mario cosplayed as a Doctor, Link got featured on LoZ Go, and Link started aging backwards... I'd say Blue Bowser fits right in with these other highly uninspired and lack luster clones. Though to be fair, Link's Go design is adorable.

Nominations - 5x Greninja

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
...Who?

Chance: 0.01%
I guess there is always a very small chance, but... really?

Again, really?

Nominations: Lycanroc x5

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
The Mean-Spirited Joke

Double Zeroes.
Things like this are why I no longer support K. Rool. What a waste of a day.
Eh? Even if the person who nominated him is a K. Rool supporter that does not negate the character's pros for being in the game. Strange mentality. It is one dude lol.

Anyhow double zeroes for Blue Bowser. Even if you argue his chances are solely on the alt turned character fact, that does not apply to him as no way would Sakurai distinguish this character as an alt with 3 of his own palettes.

Tethu: 3.6%
Noms: Black Shadow x5

Also the schedule will be set tomorrow morning probably. I will update the Lana day noms tonight and the Blue Bowser ones sometime before noon on Thursday. It does not matter as much as we know Arle Nadja will be the first to be rated.

Last edited:

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Blue Bowser

This is like the Walmart brand of meme picks. :drsad:

I miss last RTC, when at least we had quality joke days like Brash the Bear.

Noms:
Tingle x4
Rick/Kine/Coo x1

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Wait this wasn't for an alternate palette?

This is the only thing being related today?

Am I missing something here?
Its for this blue bowser thing from Lost Levels as its own character.

Kitty-chan

Happy Pyromaniac Neko
3DS FC
1203-9800-8781
Blue Bowser

Chance and Want: 100%
This is what I imagine what the trailer revealing Blue Bowser taking Bowsers spot will look like nya!:nifty:

Seriously though nya.
Chance and Want: 0%
Just think nya~ In a nyalternate universe parallel to ours, everyone's upset nyabout how ridiculous it is that they have to rate a green Bowser nya~ :nifty:

Nyominations
Mimikyu: x5

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114

Blue Bowser

Chance: 0%.

Want: 0%.

worth every penny lmao

As an aside, Warlord did explain the whole meme in here a while back. And for clarity, this is the character we're referring to.

Predictions

Tethu: 6%.

Nominations: Snip + Clip x5

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
. . .I still feel like im missing something here

Does someone just really like Lost levels?
A few people nominated him just for some light-hearted laughs. But apparently a few other people nominated him out of some spite for Dark Pit, something like that.

In short, the whole thing is a joke that went a bit too far.

Last edited:

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Blue Bowser
Chance - 0%

It's Bowser except blue.

Want - 0%
It's Bowser except blue.

A few people nominated him just for some light-hearted laughs. But apparently a few other people nominated him out of some spite for Dark Pit, something like that.

In short, the whole thing is a joke that went a bit too far.
And looking back at a few posts this is indeed a mean-spirited joke by at least one member.

Wonderful

Double zeroes just for the sake if it. . .i dont even do chance scores usually

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
I am half tempted to end this day already to put it out of its misery. This meme was not even a good one.

Once Wyoming Wyoming sends me schedule and I see if people want this day to continue then I will see if I end it early.

Also just to make sure **** days like this do not pop up as much, I am gonna make a blanket rule that a character must have a support thread in existence to be nommed after this day. Then it might take more effort than just nomming a character for two months.

Last edited:

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
OK, time to rip and tear this thing apart.

Blue Bowser Chance: 0%
No, not anything is possible, and this guy is definitely NOT possible. Sakurai isn't going to look that far back in time for some insanely obscure, unpopular, and undistinct character. Not even for a clone.

Even including very personal reasons as to way I hate certain characters on the roster, all characters included in Smash are FAR better choices than this by at least a damn mile or something. Like, jeez, this is the most bottom of the barrel character you could ever suggest.

I understand this is a joke but lord it's an awful one and we shouldn't be rating this.

Tethu Prediction: 15%

Nominations: Gengar X5

:094:

Graizen

Smash Champion
Blue Bowser
Chances:
0%
Chances as a Costume for Bowser: 50%
Want as a Costume for Bowser: 100%

Annnnd... thats all.

Nomination: Agumon x5

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
Blue Bowser

Come on.

Want: 10%
I'd genuinely prefer him to:
  • Ice Climbers
  • Ivysaur
  • Literally every Fire Emblem character except Marth, Roy, Ike and a Burning Blade rep
  • Palutena
  • Dark Pit
  • Viridi
  • Wii Fit Trainer
  • Takamaru
  • Geno
  • Shovel Knight
  • Krystal
  • All the characters whose only relation to Nintendo is a recent Switch port
Tethu prediction: 2.5%

Nominations:
Funky Kong x5

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I am half tempted to end this day already to put it out of its misery. This meme was not even a good one.

Once Wyoming Wyoming sends me schedule and I see if people want this day to continue then I will see if I end it early.

Also just to make sure **** days like this do not pop up as much, I am gonna make a blanket rule that a character must have a support thread in existence to be nommed after this day. Then it might take more effort than just nomming a character for two months.
If you start Tethu's day early than Arle Nadja would be next. She has an insurmontable lead on the rest.

I would say wait till a bit for the nominations for the day so people can still vote for their characters but ultimately it is your thread. I work till 9h30pm tonight so nothing nomination wise can be updated till then.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Blue Bowser

Come on.

Want: 10%
I'd genuinely prefer him to:
  • Ice Climbers
  • Ivysaur
  • Literally every Fire Emblem character except Marth, Roy, Ike and a Burning Blade rep
  • Palutena
  • Dark Pit
  • Viridi
  • Wii Fit Trainer
  • Takamaru
  • Geno
  • Shovel Knight
  • Krystal
  • All the characters whose only relation to Nintendo is a recent Switch port
Tethu prediction: 2.5%

Nominations:
Travis Touchdown x2
Funky Kong x3
So... you are telling me, that you would like a Bowser Clone over Shovel Knight, Wii Fit Trainer and Ice Climbers?
Are you for real?

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
So... you are telling me, that you would like a Bowser Clone over Shovel Knight, Wii Fit Trainer and Ice Climbers?
Are you for real?
I hate everything Shovel Knight stands for, the Wii Fit Trainer being in the game at all is an insult to every character that was denied on the basis of not having moveset potential, and the Ice Climbers are inherently game breaking. Blue Bowser would be a horrible choice for a character, but at least I don't have any reason to hate him yet.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Literally WTF Is This?

I have zero idea what i'm even rating today. I feel like i'm being pranked here. :ohwell:

Nor do I want it. Might as well rate Pink Gold Peach while you're at it.

Prediction: Tethu

Chance: 23%
Want: 28%

Nominations

Masked Link X 5

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
I dunno what part of this y'all are thinking is mean-spirited lmao, blue bowser became a meme in our obscure subcommunity and we nommed him as an injoke.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

I think making a rule that a character needs a support thread is a bit strict, and trolls will just turn to nominating obscure concepts instead anyways. The easier solution is really just to make it a double day.

Oh, and double zeroes for Blue Bowser.

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Chance: 100%
I mean we already have a blue version of Bowser in Smash so technically Blue is and likely always will be playable in Smash.

Why do I care if a palette swap is in the game.

I hate everything Shovel Knight stands for, the Wii Fit Trainer being in the game at all is an insult to every character that was denied on the basis of not having moveset potential, and the Ice Climbers are inherently game breaking. Blue Bowser would be a horrible choice for a character, but at least I don't have any reason to hate him yet.
Wow you seem like the bitter type. I dunno why but I just find that rather interesting.

Noms: Qbby X5
Prediction: Tethu 1% his chances aren't great but he's still awesome.

Last edited:

Roberk

Smash Champion
Dark Pit actually had relevance when he was added as a clone, this is just a poor meme that Nintendo killed decades ago.

Put dev time into literally anything else.

Tethu Prediction: who?

Noms: Azura x5

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908

Top 10 Chances

Top 10 Wants
I forgot how much I missed these from the old RTC; they really do add something to the game, imo. It’s like a hall of fame that can be changed at a day’s notice, and it’s fun to look back on when everything is said and done.

Rex/Pyra and Decidueye are stupid overrated for base game. Still can’t believe they’re considered “most likely”

Really solid work on these, btw. :bee:

Last edited:

CWCPT00

Smash Cadet
Abstain from both chance & want today. What is the point of rating him when he’s clearly a shoe-in?

Nominations: Blue Bowser x5

Top Bottom