• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

D

Deleted member

No Cuts

Chance: 5%
There's always a chance, however small, that there are only a few cuts in the base game and the rest of the veterans get added back as DLC. But Smash games (except Melee) always have cuts, which is only to be expected due to the growing scale of the series.

Want: 100%
Self-explanatory.

Elma Prediction: 27.64%

Nominating Isabelle x5

D

Deleted member

No Cuts

Chance: 1%

Reused assets or not, cuts are inevitable. Whether it be due to time constraints or third party issues or whatever.

Want: 95%

There's no one I actively want cut, but there are some I can live without.

Nomination: Simon Belmont x5

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
No cuts:
Chance - 30%
I think there will more than likely at least be one cut.
Want - 30%
There are some characters who I think don't belong and should be alternate costumes for other characters like Dark Pit and Dr. Mario.

The only way we get no cuts is if the game originally started as a straight up port (AKA every single character would have been ported over) and work was basically already done for every character. . .I have no idea how the **** video game development so I have no idea if that is even a logical option.

Frankly, i'm expecting cuts to be an inevitability unfortunately. It's just the way things are without shenanigans.

why. . .why would I want cuts when the option for no cuts to happen exist? Wanting cuts in dream scenarios like this would just be ****ing over those character's fans for no reason. . .

Noms
Marth and Roy get English VAs x5
(Just realized Cloud isn't on this concept. Whoops)
:061:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
No Cuts

Chance: 1% - Extremely unlikely. There have been cuts every game, for one reason or another.

Want: 0% - There are quite a few characters I genuinely want gone. There's also some that I don't want gone, but wouldn't mind if they didn't return, either.

Nominations: New Story Mode x5

Megaban

Smash Cadet
NO CUTS

Chance -25%
Like, I can see it happening potentially, tho only transition that saw no cuts was 64 to Melee and that makes sense as 1st one is only 12 characters. Then Melee cut pretty much any clone or declonised more important ones like Ganon or Falco. So it's actually hard to say rn. Potentially I can see Lucina and Dark Pit (Doc technically too, but he DID return after absence from one game, would be weird if he were gone again lol) and there's always slight possibility of other characters getting cut, like some 3rd parties (eg. Cloud).
So I think it's unlikely all characters will come back, tho far from impossible.

Want -50%.
Tbh, I'm 50/50 on this because while I would totally not mind all characters coming back, Dark Pit is so similar to Pit (and KI got Palutena as new rep already) and Lucina, while I don't mind rly, does make 6 FE characters and I do want one lol.

Nomination: Lana x5

Prediction: Elma -31%

NNID
Majorasmask66
No cuts

Chance: 8%
They are probably gonna cut someone. I don’t think its impossible that they may end up with the entire old roster I just don’t think its very likley.

Want: 90%
I mean the bigger the better but I can live with them cutting Dr. Mario or Dark Pit. Thats why it’s not an automatic 100%.

Nominations: Wonder Red x5

Last edited:

jamesster445

Smash Lord
No cuts

Chance-75%
Want- 100%

If this game is based off the Wii U games architecture then I can see a lot of that games cast returning. Can't guarantee the 3rd parties or the Pokémon company though. And as far as I'm concerned if you actively want a character to be cut, you're being a ****. Doesn't matter if you dislike the character, someone out there does and who am I to actively wish to take away their fun, their enjoyment of the game.

Nominations- Ryu Hayabusa x5

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
No Cuts

Chance: 10%
Melee was the only game that didn't cut any veterans...but that's because there were only 12 from the previous game...

We are now at almost 60 characters, so to expect all of them to return is somewhat unrealistic...

However, Sakurai has gone on record saying that he doesn't like cutting characters but even then some characters, including popular and unique characters are still likely to be left out...

Want: 95%
While I do agree that characters technically shouldn't get cut...I also feel the roster needs a bit of tweaking...

----

Prediction:
Elma- 33.67%
I feel like people will heavily sleep on her chances...

----

Dark Samus x5

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
No Cuts

Chance: 100%

I don't see any problems they would face preventing them from bring every character from Smash 4 back. Brawl and Smash 4 had cuts due to very specific circumstances.

Want: 62%

36 of the 58 characters in Smash 4 are worth anything to me.

Nominations: Lip x5

D

Deleted member

No cuts

Chances- 60%
As said before it depends on what sakurai is doing with this game. Either port built up upon the wii u/3ds content(likely), or completely remake the entire game(unlikely). I imagine a case where nintendo would want to push for the former so that they can make any and all reasons for going back to the wii u version obsolete.
Anyways it depends on what sakurai does with this game and right now, with the lack of news and the game coming this year, i expect it to be the former rather than the latter(plus we would have more time spent on fine tuning older characters, newcomers, and new modes rather than oh what can we not add in).

Want-100%
I want this smash bros to prove to thid fanbase that clones characters can be good. That characters like Lucina and dark pit could be luigified in this game and were not waste of slots, and nobody cries about them. Its sad that were in a time time were people actively want characters cut in smash bros, instead of updating then :-(.

Prediction-
Elma: 64.4%
Imma be optimistic about elma.

Noms:
Tethu- 4x
Lana- x1

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Chance: 70%
This game will be just like Splatoon 2 and reuse a bunch of assets from Smash 4 cutting down on the work considerably. This is the only game I can actually see no cuts happening.

Nobody likes cuts besides I'm not silly enough to count DP, Dr Mario, and Lucina as actual characters so unlike most I'm not triggered by them being in the game so I want as many returns as possible.

Noms: TethuX5
Prediction: Elma-14%

Last edited:

Roberk

Smash Champion
Chance: 1%
This is going to be quite entertaining and controversial. IMO, there is absolutely no way we won't get cuts. The only reason I chance this at 1% is the slight chance of the game being a port (which is already very unlikely) and the slight chance of literally everything going perfect for the development team if Sakurai plans on not having cuts while reusing many existing assets. Brawl and 4 had cuts, Melee didn't have cuts because 64 had the quintessential All-Star small roster. Melee also was rushed and likely had to have no cuts to flesh out the roster. With the state of Smash as it is now, there has to be cuts. To keep up with relevancy, to ease development and balancing, Smash can't keep up with the amount of veterans it has while adding a satisfying amount of new content.

Want: 0%
I say embrace the cuts. I want Smash to develop as a new game with new things. Trying to keep everything while adding enough content for a game that only releases every 4-6 years is absurd. There's cuts that would be devastating, but nescessary to let in newcomers. For example, I love FE, and I can come up with various reasons to cut 3-4 of its characters since I understand why we need cuts. I want other games and characters to be represented. The same with Pokémon, Jigglypuff was almost cut 3 times but kept just because she was a veteran. Consequently we have 4 Gen 1 reps while gens 2, 3, and 5 are not being repped. It gets to a point where characters aren't relevant or popular anymore but are kept "just because". A lot of people on here won't think about is appealing to the many casuals that play. They won't care that characters were in the games 2 decades ago, they want to see the most recognizable and popular characters for the current and recent times.

Prediction: Elma-50%
Pretty much just if you like Xenoblade or not, she has a lot going for her.

Noms: Marth and Roy get their English VAs x5.
EDIT: added number for noms

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Concept: No slices on my Pizza.

Chance: 20%
This all depends on one thing and one thing alone that we still don't know for sure yet: Is the new game heavily based on 4's engine? If it is, I can absolutely see the possibility of no cuts happening. If it isn't, then Smash has given us no reason to not expect cuts before.

Want: 70%
I'd love to have 4's stellar cast back. At the same time though, cuts happen for a reason: to make room for other, new fighters, and take out the ones who really just don't hold relevance anymore.

Nominate Geno x5

wildvine47

Smash Ace
No Cuts

Chance: 50% - If there was ever a chance for it to happen, it'd be now. There's plenty of evidence that this game at the very least started as a port, and with such an impressive roster, it's hard to point at any one character and say they'll be cut. We could rate every single veteran from now until E3 and I guarantee we'd probably give all of them optimistic chance scores. There's no hardware issues to force cuts like Ice Climbers or Squirtle/Ivysaur this time around either. In the end it's all going to come down to whether or not this game started life as a port or not. If it did, we won't be seeing any cuts. If it didn't, cuts are inevitable. With what we know it's impossible to say either way, so I'm goin straight down the middle with this one.

Want: 100% - No. Cuts. The idea that this Smash could keep all of Smash 4's incredible roster intact and just add onto it sounds like a dream. I'm 100% for a game with every veteran from every game if they can pull it off. The latter may be a pipe dream, but the former? I'm going to hang onto that hope.

Predictions

Elma: 35.15% - She's got a very decent chance to show up considering Rex and Pyra might have come too late for the base, non-dlc roster. Expecting those two to rain on her parade nonetheless.

Nominations

Impa x 5

Troykv

Smash Master
No Cuts

Chance: 50%

There are good arguments in both sides... so... I want to stay in the middle.

Want: 50%

I don't have any character I'm so personally attached in this game; just people I like... But I'm okay with whatever happens.

Prediction time!

Elma: 40.5%

Nomination time!

Micaiah (Fire Emblem) x5

Want: 0%
I say embrace the cuts. I want Smash to develop as a new game with new things. Trying to keep everything while adding enough content for a game that only releases every 4-6 years is absurd. There's cuts that would be devastating, but nescessary to let in newcomers. For example, I love FE, and I can come up with various reasons to cut 3-4 of its characters since I understand why we need cuts. I want other games and characters to be represented. The same with Pokémon, Jigglypuff was almost cut 3 times but kept just because she was a veteran. Consequently we have 4 Gen 1 reps while gens 2, 3, and 5 are not being repped. It gets to a point where characters aren't relevant or popular anymore but are kept "just because". A lot of people on here won't think about is appealing to the many casuals that play. They won't care that characters were in the games 2 decades ago, they want to see the most recognizable and popular characters for the current and recent times.
Wait... Do you want to delete every single character that isn't a relevant franchise representative (not space for franchises like Earthbound, F-Zero and even legacy characters like Mr. G&W) or a Mario Character from existence?

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
No Cuts!
Chance: 15%
I don’t know, I just can’t see a situation where not a single character gets dropped. I know Sakurai is dedicated to making fans happy, but this would be unprecidented. If we knew whether the game was a completely new thing or a Splatoon 2 situation, this would be a lot easier to rate, though.

I have my share of characters I would be perfectly happy seeing get axed (*cough*:4corrin:*cough*), but I realize that’s entirely selfish and is kind of ****ed up considering a lot of people DO like those characters.

I know how it feels to lose a main, and as corny as that sounds, I don’t wish that upon anybody else.:)

Noms:
Henry Fleming x5

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
no cuts

chances: 10% im fairly certain someone aint gonna make it

want: 0% there some characters id like to see go

remind me, do we rate the chances for stages as well?

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
No Cuts

We still don't have footage so we don't know how much assets this game will be using from Wii U/3DS. And even with that in mind, 3rd Party characters are already in more danger than any other character, especially now that we have 6 of them right now. And they tend to be one off guest characters in other fighting games. The character in most danger out of everyone is Cloud for various reasons. But again it could go either way and could get a clearer picture once footage is out.

I don't want any of them to go, with the possible exception of Mii Fighters.

Elma Prediction: 42.76%

Nominate Lucas x5

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
If this is a New game (I think that It will be for sure)
Chance: 2% (1 in 50)
Cuts will happen for sure

Want:100%
No one want cuts

Nomination: Octopath traveller character x5

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
No Cuts

Chance - 10%

The idea that Smash would go without cuts is pretty unlikely, just because Melee -> Brawl and Brawl -> 4 had cuts with smaller rosters. I don't know if Smash 4 -> Switch could pull it off with a bigger roster.

I feel like there could be issues with keeping clones without much demand, time constraints, or general issues with keeping third party licenses. Like, it's not out of the realm of possibility, but I think the development would have to go EXTREMELY smoothly if we're going to get a Smash game that keeps all of the previous games characters.

This is, of course, assuming that the game isn't a port. If the game is a port, then the chance here would be 100%. But, it's not looking like it will be.

Want - 50%

Don't really care either way. I'm pretty sure most of the characters I often play are safe regardless (except for maybe Mewtwo, but I really doubt they'll skip over him again just because of how requested he had been to return / how much hype his Smash 4 DLC generated). I'd been more than fine if some characters got the boot though.

Nomination:
Octopath Traveller Character x5

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
No cuts

Again it can go either way. There are characters that aren't really that relevant anymore but Sakurai might not want to remove all the characters he and the dev team worked so hard on.

The more the merrier but I wouldn't really lose sleep if characters like Wii Fit trainer or Lucina got the axe.

Predictions for Elma: 15.73%

Nominations: Qbby x5

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
No Cuts:

Chance:
5% - I think even if assets are heavily reused cuts will almost certainly happen, the only difference it'll make is that we'll see less of them. It's a completely natural part of a game expanding its roster, sometimes the old will have to make way for the new, and it's not always just a case of time either, it can be about rights too, or maybe to trim the fat, or maybe a concept just didn't come off like they wanted it to. I really don't believe that every cut that has happened in Smash so far has been because of time constraints, and I think with some of Smash 4's unorthodox inclusions the hammer might fall on a few of them with full intent.

Want: 50% - I'm not actively rooting for cuts, but having not cared for the majority of Smash 4's newcomers there are a lot of the characters who are in the danger zone who's absence I wouldn't even notice. Of course I'd still think any cuts would be a shame for people who main the ones who got axed, that's why I'll never actually hope that a character gets cut no matter how much I might dislike him/her/it, but it's not something I find myself really hoping won't happen either.

Nominations:
Mewtwo x5

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
The schedule should be: TCT~Phantom TCT~Phantom

Today: Hmmm...I wonder?
Tomorrow: Elma (Xenoblade)
21/04: Concept: New Story Mode
22/04: Hades (Kid Icarus)
23/04: Banjo & Kazooie
24/04: Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
25/04: Dark Matter Blade (Kirby)
26/04: Henry Fleming (Codename STEAM)

So no need to nominate these characters if i have it right

Troykv

Smash Master
The schedule should be: TCT~Phantom TCT~Phantom

Today: Hmmm...I wonder?
Tomorrow: Elma (Xenoblade)
21/04: Concept: New Story Mode
22/04: Hades (Kid Icarus)
23/04: Banjo & Kazooie
24/04: Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
25/04: Dark Matter Blade (Kirby)
26/04: Henry Fleming (Codename STEAM)

So no need to nominate these characters if i have it right
Hmm... Should I expect that Micaiah ended up below other seven people the next week? I hope not; I have already finished my post.

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
No cuts:
Chance: 50% - it all lies in the third parties. They probably had Smash for Switch planned to be made before development of the SSB4 DLC finished, so maybe they made a licensing contract for both games? who knows

Want: 0% - I mean I want the less characters to be cut as possible, but I do want :4cloud: to be axed away so I can't really say I want "no cuts" in the literal sense

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
No cuts:

Chance: 90% (Guess I'm alone in this lol)
I'd still bet my life on this game being a port turned sequel i.e. spla2n or at least heavily reusing smash 4's assets so I don't think there'd be a need to cut anyone. It'd be a waste of time and resources if this game was built from scratch tbh. Some people are worried about characters like Ryu and Cloud because of being 3rd party but I think it'd be EXTREMELY weird for their companies to allow them in smash 4 and then randomly not let nintendo use them the following year lol.

I don't think any of the characters deserve being cut and I wouldn't really want any of them to go tbh, characters getting cut sucks and for the sake of their fans they deserve to stay. Plus every newcomer added in 4 was extremely unique and were all great additions even if they aren't my faves to play as.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

No HM01

Chance: abstain
I'd give a score superior to 90% normally, but given as we don't yet have a clear statement if this game is a port or not, I'm abstaining as for now.

Zelda characters can still be useful for me as punching-bags in Training mode. :V

Noms:
Music: Final Destination (Ver. 2) x5

Elma prediction: 48.67%

Roberk

Smash Champion
No Cuts

There are good arguments in both sides... so... I want to stay in the middle.

I don't have any character I'm so personally attached in this game; just people I like... But I'm okay with whatever happens.

Prediction time!

Elma: 40.5%

Nomination time!

Micaiah (Fire Emblem) x5

Wait... Do you want to delete every single character that isn't a relevant franchise representative (not space for franchises like Earthbound, F-Zero and even legacy characters like Mr. G&W) or a Mario Character from existence?
No, of course not. Though, I could have phrased that better. Stuff like G&W is a good joke/retro character. I want dead but fun stuff like Captain Falcon and Ness. But if you went to the general Switch audience, the largest and most encompassing audience Nintendo has had in a long time, most would have a hard time properly identifying F-Zero and Earthbound characters. They're just more familiar with the latest characters. For example, a cut I don't see talked about is Sheik, but if you went to a common Switch owner and asked them for a Zelda rep they'd probably want a champion instead. Sheik's great, but ultimately a one-off character from 20 years ago. Why not take the development time used on Sheik to add a more recent Zelda character that more players would know?

Idk what I said about "cutting every Mario character from existence", I'd say most are pretty safe since the Mario franchise is the Mario franchise and most of the characters we have now have been integral to the series for 25-30 years or have thier own active franchises. Warioware still has games, Yoshi still has games, etc. Bowser Jr. might be cut, but I doubt it due to how often he is featured in Mario games.

My point is that as time and games advance, more and more newcomers will be lining up for the Switch roster. Game development costs go up every year as hardware and software constantly improve. It might not be apparent now, but in future decades few will actually have the experience with irrelevant franchises to want the characters. Without cuts, Smash would be filled with "literally who?s" from decades past. Retro is great, but that's not what Smash is. I don't want all/most characters cut, that's absurd. I just want to be open to the concept of cuts and how they can improve upon the game as a whole.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
No Cuts

Chance- 45%
This is the biggest chance of no cuts since Melee, I'd say, but even then, theres always the possibility of a 3rd party not wanting their character in the game anymore for whatever reason, or time constraints happening.

Want- 80%
Although Smash 4 has some characters I found quite questionable,theyre part of the family now. Pac Man and Bowser Jr are my real Super Smash Bros, Bayonetta and Corrin are my weird Super Smash In-Laws. But, I wouldnt want a unique moveset to be axed.

Elma- 39.44%

Thwomp X 5

Troykv

Smash Master
No, of course not. Though, I could have phrased that better. Stuff like G&W is a good joke/retro character. I want dead but fun stuff like Captain Falcon and Ness. But if you went to the general Switch audience, the largest and most encompassing audience Nintendo has had in a long time, most would have a hard time properly identifying F-Zero and Earthbound characters. They're just more familiar with the latest characters. For example, a cut I don't see talked about is Sheik, but if you went to a common Switch owner and asked them for a Zelda rep they'd probably want a champion instead. Sheik's great, but ultimately a one-off character from 20 years ago. Why not take the development time used on Sheik to add a more recent Zelda character that more players would know?

Idk what I said about "cutting every Mario character from existence", I'd say most are pretty safe since the Mario franchise is the Mario franchise and most of the characters we have now have been integral to the series for 25-30 years or have thier own active franchises. Warioware still has games, Yoshi still has games, etc. Bowser Jr. might be cut, but I doubt it due to how often he is featured in Mario games.

My point is that as time and games advance, more and more newcomers will be lining up for the Switch roster. Game development costs go up every year as hardware and software constantly improve. It might not be apparent now, but in future decades few will actually have the experience with irrelevant franchises to want the characters. Without cuts, Smash would be filled with "literally who?s" from decades past. Retro is great, but that's not what Smash is. I don't want all/most characters cut, that's absurd. I just want to be open to the concept of cuts and how they can improve upon the game as a whole.
Well.. you said "embrace the cuts" and "casual appeal"... So I imagined you have that idea in mind...

So... You would like the game put a bigger priority in every newcomer thought viable for the game, and the non-essencial veterans (aka: The Mario Multiverse Characters, Link, Kirby, Samus, Pikachu, Fox, Villager and Inkling), being after-thoughts that will just appear if they're lucky enough.

That is your idea right?

____

And sorry, but I think you misundertstood the Mario's Part of the question.

The idea of the question is: If you're a Mario Character, or the representative of a Relevant Franchise you're okay... otherwise.. delete.

"Do you want to delete every single character that isn't a relevant franchise representative or a Mario Character from existence? (not space for franchises like Earthbound, F-Zero and even legacy characters like Mr. G&W)"

It makes more sense written in this way?

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
No Cuts:
Chance: 8% - I think it probably started as a port, but there's no way to be sure and we haven't had a "No-Cuts" Smash since the original sequel, Melee.
Want: 95% - It'd be a 100% if Lucina and Dark Pit weren't there.

Prediction: Elma
Chance: 47.13%
Want: 59.82%

Nominations:
Sakura Shinguji - NOT "Shinguijn" (Sakura Wars) x5

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
No cuts

Chance - 3.5% - A port could happen, but there are countless variables that happen besides. I don't think it'll happen, as cuts happen all the time.

Want - 50% - It will mostly come down to who is cut for my want. I never even bought the DLC from Ryu onwards, so there's a chance I won't even notice.

Predictions

Elma - 43.55% - I dunno.

Nominations

Masked Dedede Final Smash X5

D

Deleted member

Also to make things clear since I feel several are still confused about giving prediction scores:

The prediction score is based on the total percentage of chance a character (or a concept) would get the following day.
Am I right TCT~Phantom TCT~Phantom ?

TheFritzle

Smash Apprentice
No Cuts Chance:
45%
I really don't expect any of the unique characters to be cut. The only cuts I could see would be clones, who would most likely be made into alts, or third parties, who may choose not have their character in the game anymore. You can't really predict this well, as characters sometimes just get cut, like Wolf.

No Cuts Want:
100%
There are some characters on the roster that I dislike, but I would hate for anyone to be cut.

Elma Prediction:
31.67%

Nominations:

Sylux x5

TheDukeofDorks

Smash Apprentice
No Cuts

Chance: Abstain

We simply do not know enough about what Smash for Switch is to call this one way or the other.

Want: 45%

With the rise of mods, I have cared less and less about cuts. Combine that with the fact that if I want to play an older character I can just boot up an older game, and I'm almost indifferent. I like seeing new characters make their way into Smash Brothers, if that comes at the cost of some of the older ones that's OK with me.

Roberk

Smash Champion
Well.. you said "embrace the cuts" and "casual appeal"... So I imagined you have that idea in mind...

So... You would like the game put a bigger priority in every newcomer thought viable for the game, and the non-essencial veterans (aka: The Mario Multiverse Characters, Link, Kirby, Samus, Pikachu, Fox, Villager and Inkling), being after-thoughts that will just appear if they're lucky enough.

That is your idea right?

____

And sorry, but I think you misundertstood the Mario's Part of the question.

The idea of the question is: If you're a Mario Character, or the representative of a Relevant Franchise you're okay... otherwise.. delete.

"Do you want to delete every single character that isn't a relevant franchise representative or a Mario Character from existence? (not space for franchises like Earthbound, F-Zero and even legacy characters like Mr. G&W)"

It makes more sense written in this way?
I don't think I'd classify stuff like Link, Kirby, and Pikachu as "non-essential” characters, they are well known iconic characters from active and impactful franchises to the industry as a whole. Fox is somewhat synonymous with Smash at this point, villager is popular and somewhat active, and inklings are newcomers. Mario-multiverse characters had a low priority in Smash 4, but I think that they are more identifiable than most of the roster.

I don't think every irrelevant character should be cut, there can be space in between keeping and cutting everyone. I'd put a lot of priority on newcomers, but that doesn't mean that most veterans get cut.

That's a much better phrasing of the Mario question: I don't nescessarily want every non Mario or non-relevant character to be cut. I want to be open to the idea of cuts and emphasis that eventually the list of irrelevant franchises will grow. Stuff like F-Zero and Earthbound hold a niche of being included characters that are ultimately not relevant, but the amount of characters in that niche will grow to a point where making space for them is not as justifiable.

In the current state of Smash it's somewhat realistic to hope for little to no cuts but the topic is the concept of no cuts. Looking at the series' future I think that cuts are needed to better develop the game.

Top Bottom