• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
What's this Mii Costume theory I keep hearing about?
With Joker, Several Mii costumes released from Sega characters that were in sm4sh but not in Ultimate.
The theory is that all removed mii costumes (from square, Capcom and Namco) would return alongside a DLC character from the respective company

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
With Joker, Several Mii costumes released from Sega characters that were in sm4sh but not in Ultimate.
The theory is that all removed mii costumes (from square, Capcom and Namco) would return alongside a DLC character from the respective company
Oh. So the theory is no Mii Costume upgrades because all Smash 4 Costumes will come back?

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Oh. So the theory is no Mii Costume upgrades because all Smash 4 Costumes will come back?
Not necessarilly.

The theory mainly means: were getting a square rep, a Namco rep and a Capcom rep so all missing costumes can be re-sold as tie-ins

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
On Mii Costume Theory, I can see it and at the same time can not. I feel that if we have a second fighter pass, I can easily see us getting all of a Namco, Square, and Capcom rep. I would say that Lloyd, Jill/Leon, Phoenix Wright, Erdrick, Geno, Sora, and the like are all likely. Yes for all intensive purposes Sora counts for Square despite being a disney rep for this. That being said, I feel that there are a solid couple of characters I am confident in that do throw a wrench into this. For example, I feel that Crash, Banjo, Steve, Sans, Doomguy, and others are pretty likely. I do not want Sans or Steve but I think they are likely.

The thing for me is that this pattern only goes off of one Fighters Pass release. Come E3, I feel we can judge this further. I feel going off of two Mii costumes is a bit of an incomplete assessment which we should avoid if possible.

Since I mentioned Lloyd...

Yuri

5% Chance

The other potential Tales Rep. Thing is, Lloyd is a pretty big hurdle to get in. While Yuri is the most popular Tales character, I feel that this will not be as much of a factor since Symphonia is the best selling and most iconic Tales game. Furthermore, Lloyd already got recognized for smash with a Mii costume as the first Tales content. Sakurai also has said favorable things to Lloyd. If Lloyd was less likely, then he would be much much higher in chance.

60% Want

Vesperia was a good game. If I am being honest, it is a better game than Symphonia. But I like Symphonia more. I have more memories of it. I have more nostalgia for it.

Nominating Sora x 5

Also for the sake of fun, here is my current fighters pass prediction, keep in mind I do not buy into Costume theory much (then again I did not buy into Box Theory at the time as well but...)

FP 2: Sora
FP 3: Banjo
FP 4: Leon S. Kennedy
FP 5: Sans

TBH would only be hype for Sora and Banjo, even with Sora I feel that I can see Erdrick easy but I currently lean Sora.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
FP 2: Sora
FP 3: Banjo
FP 4: Leon S. Kennedy
Ooh, you were going so well until you got to Sans.

Being completely honest, I adore Undertale and I would buy that Fighter Pass in a heartbeat, but I don't feel like Sans really belongs in that group to be honest.

I think he's not gonna happen though. There's no moveset and between Toby Fox likely not wanting to spoil the game and stay faithful to its themes, I think he wouldn't even agree to representation if asked.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Ooh, you were going so well until you got to Sans.

Being completely honest, I adore Undertale and I would buy that Fighter Pass in a heartbeat, but I don't feel like Sans really belongs in that group to be honest.

I think he's not gonna happen though. There's no moveset and between Toby Fox likely not wanting to spoil the game and stay faithful to its themes, I think he wouldn't even agree to representation if asked.
I am the exact opposite. I personally find Undertale overrated as hell. I get why people like it thought. The soundtrack is honestly one of the best in gaming with several great tunes, and the fan remixes are also super solid as well. I think part of it is that I personally find the Mother games overrated, and the "charm" that this and those games have is not my cup of tea. Id give Earthbound an 8/10 and Mother 3 and Undertale 9s. I find Undertale is a game that is best as an experience for a pacifist run and that is it.

That being said, I feel that Sans is honestly the character on there I might be the most confident in now. While Sans has become the modern variant of It Was His Sled up there with Aerith dying or Sheik being Zelda, and the fact that he is kinda a meme in and of himself, I feel that Undertale getting a rep is inevitable. It has become the definitive indie game over the past four years or so. I can tell you that no other Indie game has truly captured the gaming public in a way like Undertale has. It has become a phenomenon in Japan as well, eliminating the biggest hurdle past indies had. As for moveset potential, Sakurai has worked with less or made less with more. While I love how Joker plays, this is really just a taste of Persona. On the flip side, he made a moveset for Wii Fit Trainer. Keep in mind I do not even like this character that much or Undertale that much. I would give sans a 40% want if I rated him today.

That being said I am derailing the thread and will stop now.

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Mr. "So Popular he got banned from Tales of popularity polls, earning a spot in the hall of fame".

Chance: Honestly, about a 60%. I feel like Tales is probably gonna take that Namco 2 spot before Tekken, and while Lloyd is popular with the Smash fandom, that might actually be a downside. Since Lloyd's fanbase has likely already bought the game, there aren't enough holdouts for it to be worth it. Meanwhile, with Yuri's game not being a Nintendo game until recently, that's a lot of new people they could convince to try out Smash Bros. It'd also make more sense for marketing purposes, putting in a character from Tales of Vesperia over Symphonia which probably isn't gonna get any new ports for quite a while.

...is what I would have said if I hadn't noticed that line about Symphonia selling better, which means that Lloyd Irving is more well known. So I'll make it a 40%, which is still pretty generous.

Want: I'll take Lloyd competition, but he's still Lloyd competition. That would give him about a 15% for want. Judging from an outside perspective, he doesn't seem to trail new ground like Lloyd can, but maybe Yuri can and I have no idea of his true potential.

I think I'll say that I do believe Undertale representation is not an impossibility, and is in fact quite the possibility, but I don't think it'll be Sans. I think it'll be the character I'm about to nominate, Frisk (x 5). I'll save more detailed thoughts for when Frisk's day shows up, but for now, I'll just say that Frisk, if not by that name, solves (or at least downplays) every problem with Sans.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I am the exact opposite. I personally find Undertale overrated as hell. I get why people like it thought. The soundtrack is honestly one of the best in gaming with several great tunes, and the fan remixes are also super solid as well. I think part of it is that I personally find the Mother games overrated, and the "charm" that this and those games have is not my cup of tea. Id give Earthbound an 8/10 and Mother 3 and Undertale 9s. I find Undertale is a game that is best as an experience for a pacifist run and that is it.

That being said, I feel that Sans is honestly the character on there I might be the most confident in now. While Sans has become the modern variant of It Was His Sled up there with Aerith dying or Sheik being Zelda, and the fact that he is kinda a meme in and of himself, I feel that Undertale getting a rep is inevitable. It has become the definitive indie game over the past four years or so. I can tell you that no other Indie game has truly captured the gaming public in a way like Undertale has. It has become a phenomenon in Japan as well, eliminating the biggest hurdle past indies had. As for moveset potential, Sakurai has worked with less or made less with more. While I love how Joker plays, this is really just a taste of Persona. On the flip side, he made a moveset for Wii Fit Trainer. Keep in mind I do not even like this character that much or Undertale that much. I would give sans a 40% want if I rated him today.

That being said I am derailing the thread and will stop now.
I don't want to stay off topic either, so I'll just say I'm deeply wounded by those Mother comments, and that I read 'Sheik is Zelda' as 'Shrek is Zelda' and chuckled.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
Lloyd if he was actually popular:
Chance: 30%-I'll be honest, I feel like people are overestimating the chances of a Tales character in Smash. It's possible, sure, but just because we got a bunch of Sega-themes costumes doesn't mean we're getting characters from companies already in the game. I may stand still in my position where every character will be a guest, but I have feeling this DLC will be a gate to introduce new companies into this already big crossover. And even if we go by that logic, Tales still has to compete with Tekken.
"But Heihachi can't happen anymore!"
Maybe not him, but there's other three main characters in the series to work with.

Want: 10%-I only know him from the Project X Zone games, and with my experience on that game, I find Yuri's moves to be rather boring. Granted, on the ways this DLC can go, I'll take him over whatever the hell Grookey, Scorbunny and Sobble evolve into and the lame-*** MC from 3H whose best innovation is a navel-window.

Nominations: Morrigan x5

fleshdude.gov

Smash Journeyman
Uhhhhh I legit can't think of a joke for this one

Chance: 1%

Tales Of, outside of Japan, is quite niche, but does not have any of the legacy or fame of something like Dragon Quest that would allow it to attain the influence necessary to be self-justifying (like Ryu or Cloud). Tales of Vesperia, Yuri's home game, was just ported to Switch fairly recently, so he does tick the "relevancy" box, at least. They're one of the most popular characters from their franchise, apparently...?

The main problem here is that Sakurai's stated that Lloyd Irving of Tales of Symphonia, would have to be the Tales of Rep, if it were to ever get one. Sorry Yuri, you get to sit with Magolor at the "Sakurai Bias" table.

Want: 0%
I legitimately had never heard of the Tales Of franchise or Yuri in particular before I got into Smash speculation. Also, he's another human swordsman from an RPG. His design's only defining, memorable feature is that they have a dog, which honestly is isn't even that special. Lloyd's at least memorable to me for how amazingly ugly his design is. (Seriously, he looks like he should be leading a third-rate high school marching band parade.)

If we absolutely had to get a Tales Of character, give me Velvet Crowe, please.

Nominations: Glover x5

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Chance: 50%

-I definitely think Tales is one of the 4 series left to get a character. As I stated about Lloyd, Tales of is a major RPG franchise in Japan. Being considered the 3rd biggest JRPG series at one time behind DQ and Final Fantasy.
-The Tales representative is a three way tie between Lloyd Irving, Yuri Lowell, and Velvet Crowe.
-Yuri has that advantage of being more or less the most popular character within the Tales fandom to the point he was removed from the popularity polls for constantly placing 1st.
-However Sakurai did recognize Lloyd in that one interview about mii costumes though.

Want: 100%

-Although Lloyd is my most wanted newcomer.
-Any Tales character would be fine by me.

Nominate Velvet Crowe x5

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Dude looks like a lady
Chance: 1%
Personally, I'm not gonna put too much
stock in the Mii costume theory. In fact, I think Bamco is probably the already represented company least likely to gain another rep this game out of the speculated three. Regardless, if they still do, Tales could have a chance but I don't think it would be Yuri. He's stupidly popular but only within his own series. From the looks of it, Lloyd is much more requested for Smash, Sakurai mentioning him and being privileged with a costume in Smash 4 indicates this. The competition just seems to great.

I too agree it should be Lloyd. I have no connection to the Tales series but I'd be content with most huge fan-favourites third or first-party. It feels like we haven't had one of those characters since K.Rool. Also, Yuri himself does absolutely nothing for me. Atleast Lloyd dual-wields.

Bonkers: 0.05%
Metal Sonic x5

Neosonic97

Smash Journeyman
Why'd this thread suddenly disappear from my notifications?! ARGH!

Yuri Lowell

Chance: 30%
Personally speaking, I always figured that if we were getting a Tales Rep, it would be Lloyd or Yuri, but this is a bit strange. Sakurai has noticed and respects Lloyd, sure. But within the Tales Fandom, there really is no contest between the two- Lloyd barely misses out on top 10 (He was 11th as of 2016), whereas Yuri is so popular that he got BANNED from Tales Popularity polls because he consistently topped the popularity list.

Tales is a very long-lasting series of Bandai Namco's, and definitely one of its most iconic ones. The duality between Lloyd and Yuri, though, is a bit strange.
I firmly believe that Lloyd has missed his chance. I'd see Lloyd as a character who would appear on the base roster (Especially given how Vesperia Definitive had not yet been released), but as far as DLC goes, Yuri's the more likely tales Protagonist, given the success of Vesperia Definitive.

Want: 70%
Yuri is the best Tales Protag. I'd definitely take him over Lloyd (Though not out of any disrespect in regards to the latter), and he's the second character I've officially supported on this forum. He's DEFINITELY up there.

Noms: Saber (Fate) x5.

Also...

TCT~Phantom said:
Undertale before Touhou Project, the series most attributed to inspiring it (Bare in mind, Toby Fox has outright stated he looks up to ZUN)? Probably not happening.

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Undertale before Touhou Project, the series most attributed to inspiring it (Bare in mind, Toby Fox has outright stated he looks up to ZUN)? Probably not happening.
Touhou is very overrated for its chances in smash imo. I’m honestly convinced on Sans and I don’t even like Undertale.

That being said i am goin off topic

frozolloyd

Smash Apprentice
I'm a big fan of the Tales series, so I thought I would throw my hat in the ring for this one.

Yuri Lowell:

Chance: 25 percent
For me, Yuri is a weird case. Around January to February, everything about him being a rep for the series made perfect sence. They could add him to advertise his most recently released game, the "Brave" codename also made sense and he is massively loved in Japan. However, since then, no new character was shown and the next character will probably be released at E3, a whole 5 months after Yuri's game was released. If they truly wanted to advertise Tales of Vesperia with his release, I believe they would have 100 percent done that by now. Now that he now longer can be said to be advertising the definitive edition of Vesperia, I see him as a character that missed his chance.
When compared to his rival within the Tales series, Lloyd Irving, the argument for his inclusion is not a convincing one for me. Although Vesperia is one of the best Tales games, the game itself was not the "break out" game in the series like Final Fantasy 7 was to Final Fantasy or Persona 5 was the Persona series. In fact Symphonia (Lloyd's game) is usually considered that title due to still being the best selling Tales game in the West and being the best selling game in the entire series. This would probably make Lloyd the most recognizable(comparatively, I don't think any character is particular recognizable outside the fandom) to the general public and the rest of the world. Yuri also is not on the same level when considering Nintendo history as Lloyd, as Yuri's game was a game all consoles got vs Symphonia 1 and 2 which was made specifically for Nintendo. This leaves him with the argument of him being very, very popular within the Tales fandom. And to me, this never has been the main driving force for any character, so I do not know why it would be particularly notable now. A great example of this is Joker, who in official polls have been shown to be less popular the P3 and P4's protagonist, but mostly likely was chosen due to being the break out game in the series and Sakurai bias. Lyn and Hector are also great examples of being very popular within the fandom, but never chosen because of this reason alone. Add in the fact Sakurai has explicitly said that he views Lloyd as the Tales rep in the past, as well as the Tales franchise also competing with other Bandai Namco reps, Yuri's chance is not as good as it use to be. However I give him a higher rating then other characters as I think he still has a small shot.

Want: 30 percent
Although I was really negative on him, I would love a Tales rep to be added to smash. Even though I personally would prefer Lloyd or Velvet.

Last edited:

SPEN18

Smash Champion
Mars Yuri Lowell

Chance: 5%
I'm not thinking a Tales rep is as likely as I was when the game first released. Besides that, Lloyd would probably be the pick for Tales of at this point.

Lloyd is more significant to Nintendo. He's also gained more of a following within the Smash community and earned a Mii Costume. I don't really have an attachment to Yuri in particular, either.

jamesster445

Smash Lord
Yuri Lowenthal

Chance - 40%
Want- 50%

Not a big fan of Tales of games so this doesn't matter to me one bit but from what I've been told, Yuri is far and away the most popular character in the series. The dude is apparently banned from official character polls because he steam rolls the rest of the competition. That said I don't think Tales is as high priority of a series for Namco/Nintendo to want represented.

Nominations- DLC Assist Trophies

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
I will just throw in my fighters pass predictios, but we do have a tie so keep that in mind.
FP2: Black Mage or Geno
FP3: Banjo
FP4: Ryu Hayubusa
FP5: Bandana Waddle Dee

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Yuri Lowenthal

Chance - 10% - I honestly can't tell if Namco will even get a second character. A Tales of Character does seem like they are in the possible running, though. However, I think Lloyd Irving has him beat in this department, due to getting the Mii Cosume.

Want - 50% - I have no feelings on this franchise. It will mostly come down to moveset and implementation.

Nominations

Palcilio X5

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Yuri Lowell
Chance:
50%
We're getting a Bamco rep. I truly believe that. Mii Costume theory makes sense. A Tales rep seems likely, though there are several dark horse candidates that could sneak in too. Yuri is very popular among the core Tales fanbase and he has relevance on his side. Could we be seeing the return of the Lloyd costume with Yuri as a fighter? Yeah, it's very much a possibility. Things seem to be in his favor. Wouldn't surprise me.

Want: 5%
Out of the big Tales rep possibilities, Yuri is, uh, my least wanted. I wouldn't be mad if he made it but he's just...I didn't like Vesperia, okay? I didn't like the tone it had or the story, that's just not how I like my Tales games to be. I'd be happy we had a Tales rep but I want Lloyd for that Nintendo presence or Velvet because of personal bias. Both would be slightly more unique too, with Lloyd's dual-wielding and Velvet's magical hand. My want for a Tales rep is tempered by my want for a Tales rep I actually like. That said, I can't deny his popularity and have no doubt we'd get some cool Mii costumes either way.

Nominations: Velvet Crowe x5

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
I've been losing interest in this thread due to it moving at a snail's pace, but I'll do a short rating to try and push it into next day. Hopefully I'll get back into my usual daily ratings.

Yuri Lowenthal
Chance: 3%
Want: 55%

I doubt he's getting in over Lloyd, despite being 10x more popular than him. Sakurai has stated that Lloyd would be the first Tales rep for whatever reason.

I'd be cool with him, but I'm not requesting him as of now. I'd definitely prefer him over Lloyd however, as I feel he is much more deserving just in terms of popularity alone.

Tetromino x5

(Please move on to the next day...)

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I've been losing interest in this thread due to it moving at a snail's pace, but I'll do a short rating to try and push it into next day. Hopefully I'll get back into my usual daily ratings.

Yuri Lowenthal
Chance: 3%
Want: 55%

I doubt she's getting in over Lloyd, despite being 10x more popular than him. Sakurai has stated that Lloyd would be the first Tales rep for whatever reason.

I'd be cool with her, but I'm not requesting her as of now. I'd definitely prefer her over Lloyd however, as I feel she is much more deserving just in terms of popularity alone.

Tetromino x5

(Please move on to the next day...)
Yuri is a guy.

And I can't agree more on the speed of the thread. I wish I knew what was going on but I'm in the dark as well.

D

Deleted member

Yuri Yuri, SmashBoards give me the Noti(fications, please)
Yuri Yuri, I hate being Moried

Yuri

Chance: 0%
Sakurai stated Lloyd would be first. I don't see another Tales Character coming, and I don't see Tales getting in the game at all with playable fighters.

Want: 0%, never heard of him. And I don't care about the Tales series.

Nominations: Dwight Fairfield x5

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Day will end tomorrow morning. Sorry for the long day. I’ll have a longer update post coming soon explaining why. I feel bad for letting everyone in the dark.

Last edited:

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
Abstaining. I got nothing for this guy.

(I also have trouble seeing why merely posting "day over new day" has to wait for so long.)

Nominations
Valve rep x5

Last edited:

Neosonic97

Smash Journeyman
My bad. Fixing it now. I quickly looked on google images and saw what looked like a girl.
Don't be ashamed for that, it's actually a more common mistake than you'd expect- he's even mistaken for a girl at one point in-game! His appearance is pretty effeminate after all.

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
I apologize for how long this day has gone. I feel that I need to give you guys some explanation. Keep in mind that due to people I know well having knowledge of my account here, I might be a bit vague. If you want any clarification please PM me.

For starters I might give context for why things were slow until now the past few months. Someone close to me in my family is/was an alcoholic. I say was/is because while they did go to rehab, I have heard that they have had a few relapses. This has taken a strong mental toll on me. I also have existing stressers as well. I have two disabled brothers. Having the conversation with my parents about not wanting any authority over them if they pass was hard. I also have been clinically diagnosed with depression.

The past month of April has been very rough on me. I got passed over for a high position, primarily due to negative rumors about me. This would lead to further rumors that had no grains of truth in them, which hurt me greatly emotionally and made me feel like I could not trust people outside of my close inner circle of friends. I have moved past that now but it was a rough month. I had a depression relapse as well, following the death of someone who was very influential and close to me in my educational career before college. Following other details I lacked a lot of motivation, which did not help me when I became physically sick. Combine that with schoolwork and looking for a summer job I fell behind.

As for why I did not reach out and ask someone else to help or take over for a time being, the answer is I did not think of it at the time. I had so many other things circling around in the personal hell that my mind became I was unable to truly focus on even continuing.

Also I got super back into Smash and did way too much labbing with Joker, but that is kind of insignificant in the grand scheme of things/

For starters, I am going to outline a firm plan going forward.

1. Scores update: I am giving a firm date which they will be done by, 5/14/19. This is one week after I am done with finals. This will be literally all the scores. I am also going to make an official top ten of chance and want graphics at this point.

2. I have already been talking to a friend who is an artist to do a commission to make a thread banner for the thread. The primary reason for this is so that the thread is more organized and the front page more consistent. I do not have an exact date for this, but expect it around the same time as the scores update.

3. While I have been tossing around a noms purge, I feel that I will not seriously look at one until the big scores update.

4. Days will be going towards a more consistent schedule. I am debating between one or two day periods but I figured I would let you guys have some input on this.

5. Music postings and more in depth posts for characters going forward. I will say these will at least start on the 14th.

6. Finally, I want to talk about the future of this thread. I am open to others wanting to help staff the thread alongside me , goodgrief, and kotor. If you are interested in helping out, PM me.

Day over, new day.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Time to get this thread back on track!

Concept: Fire Emblem Three Houses rep x150
Black Mage (Final Fantasy) x145
Nathan Drake x130
Tetromino x125
Metal Sonic x123
Amy Rose x115
[Rerate] Erdrick x107

150 - 101

Impa x106
Freddi Fish and Luther (Freddi Fish) x105
Palico x105
Concept: Microsoft Rep x102
Creeper x101

100 - 51

Aloy x100
Protector (Etrian Odyssey) x100
Morrigan Aensland x100
Concept: Third-party character from unrepped Company x99
Monokuma x93
Boss: Kracko x85
Frogger x85
Spyro x82
Noctis Lucis Caelum x80
9-Volt x74
Kamek x69
Jin Kazama x65
Crono x65
Ninten x62
Kyle Hyde x60
Concept: Square Enix rep x55
Frisk x55
Papyrus x51

50 - 25

Glover x45
X (Mega Man) x44
Decidueye x39
Adeleine (Kirby) x36
[Rerate] 2B x35
Saber (Fate) x35
Concept: Assist Trophy becomes Fighter x30
Concept: DLC challenges x30
Velvet Crowe x30
Farmer (Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons) x28
Thrall (Warcraft) x25
Cooking Mama x25
Heavy (Team Fortress) x25
[Rerate] Crash Bandicoot x25
Gooey (Kirby) x25

Under 25

Boss: Perfect Chaos x23
Earthworm Jim x20
Reporter & Wrestler x20
Concept: Valve rep x20
Concept: Spirits aren’t disconfirmations x18
Brian (Quest 64) x17
Hector (Fire Emblem) x15
Pyra & Mythra (sans Rex) x15
Amaterasu x15
Concept: Dragalia Lost rep x15
Tora and Poppi x15
Concept: Bethesda rep x10
Frog (Chrono Trigger) x10
Beat (Jet Set Radio) x10
Concept: Spectator Emotes x10
Concept: Another joke character x10
Black Shadow x10
Dwight Fairfield (Dead by Daylight) x10
Rundas x10
Concept: Lord Fredrik as an Echo Fighter of K. Rool x8
Marx (Kirby) x7
Concept: Pokéball Pokémon becomes fighter x7
King Boo x7
[Rerate] Steve? x6
Magolor x6
Blacephalon x5
Zhao Yun (Dynasty Warriors) x5
Neptune x5
Concept: Crazi Taxi rep x5
Oliver (Ni No Kuni) x5
Courier (Fallout) x5
Scorpion x5
Concept: Another literally who Level-5 Character who's popular in Japan, like Achilles or Mark Evans x5
Starman (Pro Wrestling) x5
Malzahar (League of Legends) x5
Concept: Master Chief Mii Costume x5
Worm (Worms) x5
Mike Jones x5
Specter Knight x5
[Rerate] Sans x5
Toon Zelda x5
Balloon Fighter x5
Gex x5
Tiz Arrior x5
Ellie (The Last of Us) x5
[Rerate] Sora (Kingdom Hearts) x5
Lizalfos x4
Toon Zelda x3
Eight (Dragon Quest) x3
[Rerate] Slime (Dragon Quest) x3
Boss: Sans x2
Luminary (Dragon Quest) x2
Sub-Zero x2
Urbosa x1
Stahl x1

Palico crosses 100 noms.

Frisk stays determined past 50 noms.

Gooey and Velvet Crowe drag themselves to the 25 nom mark.

Today's newcomers are Tiz Arrior, Ellie, and a rerate of Sora, each with 5 noms.

Sid-cada Sid-cada Who or what is Palcilio? I can't find anything about them on Google.

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Concept: Boss Rush

Chance: 10%
I feel that this will mainly be ignored with bigger priorities for Ultimate's future. WoL also has its own boss rush so they might just ignore a boss rush mode since we already technically have it.

I had a blast with this mode in Brawl so I would love to see this make a comeback. It'll be even better if they add new bosses to go alongside it.

Bonkers chance prediction: 0.11% (I forgot Boss Rush was next in line so here is my Bonkers score again).

Nominations:
Concept: Fire Emblem Three Houses rep x5

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Drac and friends

Chance: 40%
Never say never, the 3.0 update came with the return of Stage Builder and we know from datamined that Home Run Contest will also return. There is an attempt to have old modes return and Boss Battles was a mode in Brawl. They could be working on it. I also feel like HRC is not big enough on its own and will probably release alongside another mode; Boss Battles could be it.

The boss battles are one of Ultimate's highlights and I would gladly take a way to play them whenever I please. I would also love to see more bosses, there's a lot of potential there (at least bring Porky and Rayquaza back, and I would also love Tabuu and Master Core/Fortress). However, I do think it's kind of stupid to release modes so late, I don't know how many people will still be playing Smash by the time they release. Whatever.

Noms: Cronox5

jamesster445

Smash Lord
Boss Rush Mode

Chance-50%
Want-100%

It's possible to add considering WoL already has one. And I would love to see one. I'd say the bosses were a highlight of WoL.

Nominations- Cooking Mama x5

Top Bottom