• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
Meet And F*** Teacher: The Anime: The Game
Persona 5: FE Edition
Chance: 5%
Want: 1%

With all the Veggieben (and LaxChris clickbait) expectations (Turdrick, Steve, Gen 8 Pokémon, etc) being ignored, I don't see FE 3H happening. Especially since FE is first party, this makes a lot more sense to be included in the base roster of the next game. The game isn't even out yet, and considering the backlash received from Corrin's inclusion, and Fire Emblem's track record in Smash as a whole, it's most likely not happening. And honestly, I don't care either. This is the fighters pass, and Joker taught us to expect the most unexpected of heavy hitters to make it. Shilling a random FE character from a game that isn't out yet, leaves a massive **** stain on the fighters pass in my honest opinion. I'm giving this a 1% only because I don't hate Fire Emblem, or its characters, but I don't want this happening at all. I would rather have FE 3H represented in the base roster for the next Smash game.

Black Mage: 1.42%

Crash Bandicoot rerate x5

Last edited by a moderator:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Three Houses Representation

Chance - 5% - I have no real clue. Corrin was a huge contesting point for many, but who knows if he will actually pay attention to that. We really don't even know if any of them are going to peak people's interest, or Sakurai's. There are too many unknowns, and fairly big gambles involved. Personally, I doubt it, but the possibility does exist.

Want - 0% - If this happens, I'm not buying who ever it is. I'd rather not have yet another single-game Fire Emblem character in here. Give me my Anna!

Nominations

Candice X5

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Fire Emblem: Two Apartments

Chance: 0.1%. These guys are probably way, way, waay too new in order to make the roster if Rex was, and at least Rex's moveset is something Sakurai could kinda think up. Nothing about any of the cast stands out at a glance.

Want: 25%. I don't consider them a disaster scenario like many here do, but honestly, I'm really not interested. Make it somebody like Anna, who has series clout, or somebody like a rotating FEH character who can do many things with many heroes. We really do not need somebody from a game who isn't out yet.

I was gonna go with Crash, but I feel like doing Frisk x 5 instead since they'll need it more.

D

Deleted member

Fire Emblem Three Houses Rep (particularly Edelgard)

Chance: 10%
A promotional Fire Emblem character was added to Smash before their debut in the West twice, so it's definitely possible. Smash players complain about number of reps for series like Fire Emblem or Pokemon but what you have to understand is that those types of series completely revolve around a large cast of characters. Contrast that with games like Zelda or Metroid which feature the same recurring protagonist (sorta) and not that many other recurring characters. If those games were designed around having a large cast of characters I'm sure we would have more Zelda and Metroid reps by now, but they're not and so we don't. From a certain point of view, the Fire Emblem characters we have in Smash barely even scratch the surface to represent the whole series.
That being said, the chance is not higher because I do agree with others that I think the rest of the DLC will be 3rd parties, with Joker having set that precedent.

Want: 80%
Any of the three main Three Houses characters would fit the bill, but I'm particularly rooting for Edelgard, who appears to be the most prominent anyway. The main reason I would want someone like her to be in Smash is that she would bring balance to the force Fire Emblem representation. Contrary to what you might think based on Smash Bros., Fire Emblem features units of all kinds and classes, wielding different weapons and having hair that is not always blue. Robin has so far done the best to broaden the FE representation in Smash, but unfortunately still wields a sword. I love that none of the three Three Houses protagonists are blue-haired swordsmen, and I'm sure the developers did that intentionally. We also don't have any character that primarily uses an axe, lance or bow so any of them would be unique for Smash even outside of Fire Emblem representation.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
Three Houses character:
Chance: 5%-I honestly can't tell whether people are dreading such character to come, or if they really think it's an obligatory thing to happen. Either way, I'm confident on that not happening. Nintendo wants to bring new people with this DLC, and I surely don't see them accomplishing that with a ****ing Fire Emblem character of all things. If Joker's really emblematic to this Pass, then there's much less reason to expect that.
Want: 0%-This is one of the few ideas that I'm actively against. I find all FE in Smash to be boring to play as, and against. None of them ever changed my opinion. Not to mention, the sole idea of bringing one of those characters after the bar that Joker sets bugs me like hell.
Nominations: Morrigan x5

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
Three Houses Representative

Chance: 20%
Sakurai himself seems tired of Fire Emblem characters in Smash at this point, which is what really matters. None of the main characters seem like they have any exceptional fighting abilities anyway, so it's not like there's a moveset to fish for.

Want: 1%
This was the immediate bad-ending scenario that many people came up with when they heard Nintendo was making the DLC list, and for good reason. Let's not break this thing that Joker's gotten going.

Nominations
Valve representative x5

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Man, it's been AGES since I did this.

FE Three Houses rep

I really REALLY want to believe that this wouldn't happen, but Corrin really took me by surprise. I don't know if Nintendo is concerned about promoting Three Houses enough to encourage Sakurai to add a character, so I'll acknowledge the possibility of it happening.

Want: 0%
I'd give it a negative score if I could. Adding a character like this feels more like a boring obligation for promotion than an exciting addition who got in because of blatant moveset potential. Nothing against FE and it's fans, but when it comes to Smash, they never seem to excite me. Any character who uses a sword for most of their standard attacks is almost guaranteed to be similar to the existing cast, only they'll maybe swing their sword in a different direction or at a slightly different speed. The specials are usually the only part of a FE character's moveset that really makes the character shine.

Not saying any of the Three Houses characters couldn't be unique. I just feel like Sakurai would have a much easier time making something special out of a Pokémon or a very unorthodox choice.

Neosonic97

Smash Journeyman
Three Houses, one teacher
Yeah, I'm not seeing MUCH chance for it. I mean, it's possible, and FE Three Houses IS looking good thus far, but it's still just too new. Plus, it's first-party and I think the precedent Joker has set doesn't leave much chance. Plus, FE Fatigue. Sakurai's aware of it, and thus we're probably not getting a new FE rep, period, let alone a Three Houses rep, until the next game or perhaps a second season of DLC.

Want: Variable.
It heavily depends on the characters' weapon of choice. Given FE Three Houses' ability to choose what weapons a given character will be able to equip, it is fully well possible that if we do get an FE Three Houses Rep, it will be an FE first in that it WON'T be somebody akin to a Sword Lord (Robin and Corrin are the closest we've got to that so far, but they both wield swords).

Noms: Saber (Fate) x5

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
BTW, just gonna mention google theory, or BRAD theory/Google theory. It exists, I lean real personally though lack of Erdrick or a SE character is weird to me.

This is just my personal opinion, it’s not like box theory where I heard conflicting info.

BreadnJamTomorrow

Smash Cadet
Yeesh, you people are absolutely rabid...

Edelgard (Fire Emblem: Three Houses)

Chance: 50%. People saying that Three Houses is too new are silly. Three Houses was first teased in January 2017, with the first gameplay footage being revealed at E3 2018 in June during the Nintendo Direct presentation (the same one where "Everyone is Here!" was unveiled). Yes, that means that Edelgard could possibly not have been considered for the base roster since Ultimate began development a little while after Smash 4 completed it's DLC. Also, we don't know when Three Houses development began specifically and if Sakurai/the Smash Team were able to sneak a peek at said development like in the case of Pokémon X and Y.

However, DLC for Ultimate is an entirely different story since work on it doesn't start until after the base game is complete. Rex and Spring Man not being considered and made a Mii Costume and an Assist Trophy respectively is very weird, I must admit. But I'm willing to consider those outliers for now since we don't know Sakurai's mindset for that time.

I think it is entirely possible that Edelgard could be considered DLC for Smash, especially because of the precedent of previous Fire Emblem characters being added to advertise new games (Roy and Corrin). However, Sakurai has commented on the amount of Fire Emblem characters in Smash already. So it could go 50/50 for me.

Want: 70%. I will admit that I am biased because I am a fan of Fire Emblem. But despite that, I still think that Edelgard being added would be a good fit and provide something new to the table. In her official art, she is shown to primarily be an axe user
, and all the trailers for the game that showcase gameplay and cutscenes also have her using her axe. She wields swords as well, and before you start frothing at the mouth, this seems like it's just a side weapon. Plus, Edelgard has also been seen using magic as well.

In addition, she also has the potential to have a unique Final Smash and not another Critical Hit. In the most recent Fire Emblem Direct, there's an attack called Coordinated Gambit that has Edelgard command a squadron of mounted cavalry to ram into enemy units. While at this point in time, we don't know much about this move other than from this footage, I think it would be a fitting Final Smash considering that Edelgard acts as the leader on the Black Eagles House and is the future empress of her country. Well, unless something else pops up within the coming months of Three House's release.

Despite Edelgard coming from Fire Emblem, she would absolutely be unique enough to be considered for Smash. Aside from Simon and Richter's neutral B, we have absolutely zero axe users in Smash. And Edelgard is the lone axe user who is relevant enough (sorry Hector...) to fill that gap. She wouldn't be another Marth, nor another echo fighter. She would be Edelgard.

Nomination: Dovahkiin (Rerate) x5

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
People saying that Three Houses is too new are silly.
Rex and Spring Man not being considered and made a Mii Costume and an Assist Trophy respectively is very weird, I must admit.
'People saying Three Houses is too new are silly.'

'I have no explanation for Spring Man and Rex not being in (beyond them being too new).'

At least try to understand why people are saying what they're saying before calling them stuff?

Also the rating was for any Three Houses rep, not just Edelgard.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
BTW, just gonna mention google theory, or BRAD theory/Google theory. It exists, I lean real personally though lack of Erdrick or a SE character is weird to me.

This is just my personal opinion, it’s not like box theory where I heard conflicting info.
It was Proven false yesterday (the add was removed because apperently whoever was behind this prank stopped paying for it)

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
It was Proven false yesterday (the add was removed because apperently whoever was behind this prank stopped paying for it)
From what I’ve seen on here, the theory is not dead yet. I’ve not seen in any of the main threads discussing it anything concrete in proving it wrong.

Vrbtm

Banned via Administration
Fire Emblem: Three Houses rep

0.1% chance - Never say never, but I've already concluded for myself (without any real evidence, just a hunch) that every Fighter Pass character is going to be third party, effectively deconfirming all first parties. I could be wrong, hence the 0.1%, but I don't think I am. And before someone brings it up, reminder that Piranha Plant doesn't count as a Fighter Pass character; he was a free bonus.

0.0% want - Despite my avatar, I despise Fire Emblem as a franchise and I'm sick and tired of it receiving more reps, especially when most of them are swordfighters. Fire Emblem currently has more character representation than Zelda, which to me is unacceptable. I only mained Roy in Melee as a kid because I thought he was cool before I even knew what Fire Emblem was. Now that I know what it is, I've come to hate the franchise with a passion, but not enough to stop playing Roy, by virtue that I still think he's more fun than anyone else in Melee. I realize he's a very bad character, but I only play Melee casually anyway.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Just wanna say I think there's some sort of echo chamber here that hating on Fire Emblem is popular and that it's rightfully a disgusting franchise that murdered your grandparents.

Outside of this website, I see people playing as Fire Emblem characters in Smash all the time and I can't imagine that many of them, like Vrbtm Vrbtm , loathe the series. Outside of Smash, Fire Emblem has many fans but has struggled to sell well, which is why we've seen things like Fates and Heroes to draw in a crowd. I've played a couple including Lyn's game on GBA, and Awakening--the latter turning me into a true fan of the series because that game is just so good.

Just a reminder that Fire Emblem has not hurt you personally and that several of the reps in Smash were easy to make, probably not "taking away the slot" from anyone else, and the number of reps is fitting for a series that features a ton of characters. K that's all bye

D

Deleted member

We literally have a set number of four remaining slots in this Fighter Pass, so there's that.
I meant in the past, not the fighters pass. That should have been apparent when I used the word "were" which means past tense. Cheers.

Vrbtm

I meant in the past, not the fighters pass. That should have been apparent when I used the word "were" which means past tense. Cheers.
People make grammatical errors all the time. You come across to me as a person who would make that error.

The past is also not really relevant to this topic, so I'm confused as to why you thought it was worth bringing up to begin with. It wasn't.

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Just wanna say I think there's some sort of echo chamber here that hating on Fire Emblem is popular and that it's rightfully a disgusting franchise that murdered your grandparents.

Outside of this website, I see people playing as Fire Emblem characters in Smash all the time and I can't imagine that many of them, like Vrbtm Vrbtm , loathe the series. Outside of Smash, Fire Emblem has many fans but has struggled to sell well, which is why we've seen things like Fates and Heroes to draw in a crowd. I've played a couple including Lyn's game on GBA, and Awakening--the latter turning me into a true fan of the series because that game is just so good.

Just a reminder that Fire Emblem has not hurt you personally and that several of the reps in Smash were easy to make, probably not "taking away the slot" from anyone else, and the number of reps is fitting for a series that features a ton of characters. K that's all bye
The thing is there are always implicit biases when rating things. Sometimes people will end up having a bias towards their favorite characters or things they do not want.

For reference, I have not been against FE representation. I advocated for Celica and the Black Knight for bass game. I would be fine with Edelgard. I abstained because I don’t know any of the characters from three houses yet.

As for low Chance scores, take your pick. New characters don’t look so hot with Rex and Spring Man getting the ax. The pass as it is now seems to favor third parties. Fire emblem already ha a ton of representation. People have plenty of reasons to dislike fire emblem representation beyond just a bias.

Vrbtm

TPeople have plenty of reasons to dislike fire emblem representation beyond just a bias.
Mainly the waifus and the incest. And the creepy minigames involving the intimate touching of your underage sister.

Nope, not a franchise I'm proud to have so heavily pimped in Smash.

I really should change this avatar, but I'm just so lazy.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Mainly the waifus and the incest. And the creepy minigames involving the intimate touching of your underage sister.

To be fair this is part of why I haven't had any interest in playing Fates, which is the controversial one that did all that stuff (units can marry in Awakening but it's not creepy). Even someone I know who has played and liked Fates said that's the part that she took issue with. So, you can still be a fan of FE and not be into that. Just like you can be a Sonic fan and not be into furry x human romance from Sonic 06. No need to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138

"The Waifu's"
They're in basically every popular modern Japanse game, safe for maybe Mario.

"The incest"
It's technically not incest and while it's still weird, it's the players choice to not have Corrin mary any of his adopted sisters.

"The creepy minigames"
You mean the ones that have been in literally one game, even being removed from the western version?
The minigames that didn't return for Echoes and have no evidence of being in Three Houses?

The chance of an FE rep in DLC is rightfully low.
It's the extreme detest in peoples stories about the want score that puts FE fans on edge, for good reason. An extremely good series of games is being slammed into the ground by people who never played it, complaining about an aspect of the game that doesn't surface untill you activily draw it out, as if the entirety of the series, its creators and its fans and their mothers personally came to your house and took a **** on your childrens bed.

Grow the **** up and learn to take some perspective!

Vrbtm

They're in basically every popular modern Japanse game, safe for maybe Mario.
What is your point? Fire Emblem thrives on its waifus. Most other Nintendo IPs don't.
It's technically not incest and while it's still weird, it's the players choice to not have Corrin mary any of his adopted sisters.
I don't care, it shouldn't be present in the game at all. Fates is not the only example anyway.
You mean the ones that have been in literally one game, even being removed from the western version?
I don't care. It still happened, and that's unforgivable.

Vrbtm

I like how you didn't Comment on the whole "You guys take this way too personal" point of my story
It seems like you're the one taking it personally. I don't like Fire Emblem. You can like it all you want, but I never will. Get over it.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I don't care, it shouldn't be present in the game at all. Fates is not the only example anyway.
Okay, this clearly outs you as not a player (and also kind of dumb). FE4 has incest as a plot point but it's never treated as anything but abhorrent. FE6&7: 'If you manipulate the backstories of two characters in a prequel that the devs hadn't even considered you can make two cousins get together'. FE8: 'Two siblings are close to each other and are named after incestuous characters'.

These arguments are idiotic. It's fiction. Incest was a real thing in history and it's never forced on you. Acting like this is some moral outrage is absurd.

Vrbtm

Ah, yes, the strongest of arguments in any discussion
What else am I supposed to say?

I genuinely do not understand why it matters, or why I should care, that the games are fictional and that they don't force the incest on you.

The fact remains that incest is present in the games, and I find that unacceptable. You are not convincing me at all.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I don't care.
Wow, we finally agree on something! I don't care that you don't care!
At this point, anything that stops making you look like a jackass.

I don't know if you're aware, but this isn't the '**** on Fire Emblem for arbitrary reasons' thread, so everything you've been doing is uncalled for.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Oof. Not the best first impression.

FE Three Houses Rep
Chance:
1%
I really really don't think we are getting any character from anything yet to be released and the doomsaying has been quite frankly absurd. It just doesn't make sense how if a character like Spring Man can't be playable one that hasn't even been released could be planned especially if they want this pass out by 2020.

Want: Abstain
I like Fire Emblem! I really would love Anna as a playable character though I do love her WoL role. But I don't know these characters yet. I'm looking forward to 3H and I'm sure any of them would be fun to play but I'd rather an exciting third party or a first party I'm find of get in first over an unknown. Also, the only reason I personally was not fond of Corrin's inclusion was because I'm not fond of Fates as a whole (though I admit to enjoying the dragon aspects of Corrin in Smash and several of the characters in the actual game).

Nominations: Kyle Hyde x5

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138

I genuinely do not understand why it matters, or why I should care, that the games are fictional and that they don't force the incest on you.

The fact remains that incest is present in the games, and I find that unacceptable. You are not convincing me at all.
There is a very broad line between "unacceptable" and "I don't like it".

If being fictional means Noone is harmed by it.
If you don't like it, that's fine, but you talk as if these games shouldn't exist.

Then you argue "Dude, I just don't like it, it's not that big a deal" before continuing to make a big deal out of it.

I'm not saying you have to like Fire Emblem. I'm saying you shouldn't act as if it's evil incarnate

Vrbtm

User was warned for this post
User was warned COMPLETELY UNDESERVEDLY for this post.

Wow, we finally agree on something! I don't care that you don't care!
That's not an agreement.
I don't know if you're aware, but this isn't the '**** on Fire Emblem for arbitrary reasons' thread, so everything you've been doing is uncalled for.
Except the reasons aren't arbitrary at all, and I wouldn't be posting if crybaby FE fans just accepted that I don't like their disgusting series.
I'm not saying you have to like Fire Emblem. I'm saying you shouldn't act as if it's evil incarnate
I will continue to do so to spite you, because all you've done here is annoy me.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Cyn Cyn I don't know if this is okay to ask, but is it possible to have this guy's posts deleted? That would help the thread move on faster, and they're off-topic anyways.

Top Bottom