• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
Ryu With a Side of Raw Fish
Chance: 50%
Want: 50%

I'm honestly split down the middle with this character in both departments. Since I don't know much about Ninja Gaiden, this will be short. Koei Tecmo and Nintendo are in a good relationship, so negotiation shouldn't be hard, considering the sheer amount of NES games they both created. Hayabusa has also been featured in many leaks, but none have officially been confirmed yet. It does help him in the chance department however. Ninja Gaiden is also a successful franchise, and eventually branched off to other consoles. I'm indifferent on Hayabusa, but I'm cool with more ninjas in Smash. (Though I'd prefer Scorpion.) It would also be funny having two characters named Ryu in the game, just like Roy in Smash 4. Coincidentally, they were both leaked at the same time and revealed in the same direct.

THAT PORK IS RAW!: 3.92%

Tetromino x5

Noms: Saber (Fate) x5
Can't wait to burn this character so much to the point where Guzzlord will refuse to eat her.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Hayabusa:
Chance: 75%
Want: 100%

I've wanted Hayabusa in the game since I've been a part of the speculation scene, honest. And to see the fact that he's one of the last remaining NES icons makes me more confident in his chances. There's only a few characters whose 3rd party company is already present in Smash and are also high contenders for a spot on the roster. I feel like Hayabusa and Rayman are some of the very few with this distinction. All in all I feel like if this isn't Hayabusa's time in DLC then it's just a matter of time before he's added. Finally seeing Simon alongside Pit, Link, Mario, Ice Climbers, etc. Just makes it feel like Hayabusa is finally "missing".

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Hayabusa:
Chance: 75%

I've wanted Hayabusa in the game since I've been a part of the speculation scene, honest. And to see the fact that he's one of the last remaining NES icons makes me more confident in his chances.
Just add a little bit more info and this would be accepted. Know you don't post here much but its clear you care about Ryu.

Day will end tonight.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Hayabusa

Chance: 30%

The DLC characters from what we've heard so far are going to be 3rd Parties, mianly with the intent of being collabs and developing relationships between Nintendo and 3rd party companies. Koei Tecmo worked a lot with Nintendo. But so far there hasn't been anything Ninja Gaiden related on the Switch yet but it's still possible.

Want: 90%

He's definitely someone I would like to be in. He's a Katana user, so not a "generic anime swordsman" since that's the latest complaint nowadays.

Nominate Velvet Crowe x5

D

Deleted member

Hayabusa

Chance: 72%

There's been a lot of stuff already said about Ninja Gaiden and the relationship between Koei-Tecmo and Nintendo, so it's a given that Ryu Hayabusa has a fairly strong chance being on the Fighter Pass. He's one of, if not, the most recognizable character K-T has alongside Kasumi, William, and Lu Bu just to name a few, but what makes him a stronger candidate compared to the rest is that the the series he originated from debuted on a Nintendo console while the other franchises didn't. The only reasons that I could think of for Nintendo to not include Hayabusa on the Fighter Pass are rather hypothetical in regards to how they and Sakurai chose the lineup (for example, since there are no Ninja Gaiden games announced/coming out with Team Ninja currently working on 3 other games, Hayabusa was probably not considered because Nintendo wanted to choose characters that they can promote for upcoming games/series).

I wanna Izuna Drop projectile spammers into oblivion.

That being said, he's on my #1 most wanted list for Smash, and if he's in the Fighter Pass, I can finally rest easy knowing Hayabusa finally made it on the roster.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Porky Minch
Chance:10%: He doesn't have a spriit, but there is the Absolutely Safe Capsuile. Plus Mother isn't very good as DLC, probably wouldn't be a hype character.
Want:95%: I want another Mother rep. Porky would be awesome (look at Crusade) but I would prefer Claus.
Nominations: Black Mage x5

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Porky

Chance: 5%
He's not a spirit but I really doubt that alone makes him likely. The "they're not a spirit so they must be DLC" argument implies the DLC lineup was chosen when they were deciding on who should/shouldn't be spirits, but the lineup was decided in November when the game was basically finished so I really doubt that's the case. I still believe this wave of DLC will be mainly big name/promotional picks and with the Mother series being concluded I don't think things look too good for him.

Want: 70%
Smash needs more villains and Porky is definitely one of the best candidates for the role. Beneath his childlike appearance is one of Nintendo's most evilest villains which is something I think would make him stand out. Also I think the Mother series is deserving of another rep.

Yuri Lowell chance prediction: 24.96% (could always happen but Lloyd Irving is a huge hurdle)

Nominations:
[Rerate] Erdrick x5

Neosonic97

Smash Journeyman
Some say he's still inside the Absolutely Safe Capsule to this day.

Chance: 5%.
Probably not. Porky's not somebody who would really cause much of a buzz, and we could maybe consider the Absolutely Safe Capsule a spirit for Porky. All in all, another Mother series rep just doesn't seem likely.

Want: Abstain
I'm really unsure on how I feel about Porky as a potential fighter. That's all I can really say on the manner.

Noms: Saber (Fate) x5.

Last edited:

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Eventually, he stopped thinking
Chance: 1%
Porky only stands a shot under these circumstances:

1. Spirits are an official deconfirmation, even for potential future fighter passes, only those without one have a shot at the DLC
  2. The absolutely safe capsule, heavily associated with the character, also doesn't count as a Porky Spirit
  3. The fighter pass isn't all just third-parties
Even then, being a character from the Mother series already stacks the odds against his favour. A relatively niche franchise with no future, barring the slim chance of Mother 3 actually getting localized, which is the main thing his chances are riding on as he'd make zero sense from a buisness standpoint otherwise. Even if that happens, It would still baffle me if they'd choose to go with Porky over many more popular first-parties from more succesfull franchises. I would never understand it if he was picked over Bandana Dee for example.

I've heard arguments the capsule spirit isn't a deconfirm because it's the sprite for when Porky isn't in yet. And that it becomes slightly different when he enters.
Porky's out
Porky's in
Wow, the window's a bit smudgier. That totally doesn't seem like a detail the Spirits team would just simply glance over/s

What else? 2019 is the year of the pig in China? Yeah okay...

Want: 1%
I'm not that far into Earthbound currently but I like that Porky isn't really the typical character Nintendo magnetize towards, unlike FE and Pokemon characters. Still, his conclusion would basically confirm Spirits not being allowed for DLC, which I do not want.

Yuri: 29.13%
Metal Sonic x5

Last edited:

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Porky

Chance: 20% (as playable) or 5% (returning as a boss). Porky is surprisingly not in the game (the Absolute Safe Capsule is apparently not as safe we thought). Porky has a lot of competition, not just from the other playable characters, but also from the bosses as well.

Want: 75% (either way). Porky returning as a boss would be cool, so Ness and Lucas can fight him in Classic Mode instead of Master Hand. However, Porky being a playable character would be a fun concept, with some unique moves and deadly abilities that would make him fun to use.

Noms: 2 for Concept: Lord Fredrick as an echo-fighter of King K.Rool and 3 for Kamek

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
You cannot grasp the true nature of Porky's chances

Chance: 3%
He might not be a Spirit. He might be. The Absolutely Safe Capsule could be standing for him (the fact that the Sprite is the empty version is irrelevant, this is the same Spirit team that used a fanmade sprite).

Not that it really matters if he's absent. Porky is a hard sell for DLC, so unless he's there to promote a Mother release, I doubt he'd be chosen. Unlike my fellow Mother fans, I'm long past the stage of believing Mother will have any new releases.

None of this means I wouldn't like him in the game (nearly any Mother character would do it for me). You get a very unique character, a heavyweight, and a huge ******* of a villain all in one pack.

By the way, I think his absence as a boss is kind of stupid. He was a great boss and Ultimate could really use more of them.

Noms: Crono X5

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Concept: Fire Emblem Three Houses rep x140
Black Mage (Final Fantasy) x130
Nathan Drake x120
Amy Rose x115
Metal Sonic x112
Tetromino x110
Impa x106

150 - 101

Freddi Fish and Luther (Freddi Fish) x105
[Rerate] Erdrick x102
Concept: Microsoft Rep x102

100 - 51

Aloy x100
Protector (Etrian Odyssey) x100
Concept: Third-party character from unrepped Company x98
Creeper x98
Palico x95
Monokuma x88
Boss: Kracko x85
Morrigan Aensland x85
Spyro x82
Noctis Lucis Caelum x80
Frogger x80
9-Volt x74
Jin Kazama x65
Kamek x61
Ninten x60
Papyrus x51

50 - 25

Concept: Square Enix rep x50
Crono x50
Kyle Hyde x50
Frisk x45
X (Mega Man) x44
Decidueye x38
[Rerate] 2B x35
Adeleine (Kirby) x31
Concept: Assist Trophy becomes Fighter x30
Concept: DLC challenges x30
Glover x30
Farmer (Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons) x28
Thrall (Warcraft) x25
Cooking Mama x25
Heavy (Team Fortress) x25
Saber (Fate) x25

Under 25

Gooey (Kirby) x23
Boss: Perfect Chaos x23
Earthworm Jim x20
Reporter & Wrestler x20
[Rerate] Crash Bandicoot x20
Concept: Spirits aren’t disconfirmations x18
Brian (Quest 64) x17
Hector (Fire Emblem) x15
Pyra & Mythra (sans Rex) x15
Amaterasu x15
Concept: Dragalia Lost rep x15
Velvet Crowe x15
Concept: Free updates (Splatoon-style) x13
Concept: Persona Spirits x12
Concept: Bethesda rep x10
Frog (Chrono Trigger) x10
Beat (Jet Set Radio) x10
Tora and Poppi x10
Concept: Spectator Emotes x10
Concept: Another joke character x10
Black Shadow x8
Marx (Kirby) x7
Concept: New modes x7
Concept: Pokéball Pokémon becomes fighter x7
Concept: Lord Fredrik as an Echo Fighter of K. Rool x6
Blacephalon x5
Zhao Yun (Dynasty Warriors) x5
Neptune x5
Concept: Crazi Taxi rep x5
Oliver (Ni No Kuni) x5
Courier (Fallout) x5
Scorpion x5
Concept: Another literally who Level-5 Character who's popular in Japan, like Achilles or Mark Evans x5
Starman (Pro Wrestling) x5
Malzahar (League of Legends) x5
King Boo x5
Concept: Master Chief Mii Costume x5
Worm (Worms) x5
Mike Jones x5
Specter Knight x5
[Rerate] Sans x5
Concept: Valve rep x5
Toon Zelda x5
Lizalfos x4
Toon Zelda x3
Eight (Dragon Quest) x3
[Rerate] Slime (Dragon Quest) x3
Boss: Sans x2
Luminary (Dragon Quest) x2
Sub-Zero x2
Urbosa x1
Stahl x1
[Rerate] Steve? x1

Tetromino t-spins past Freddi Fish and Luther, and Impa, lands in sixth place. Freddi Fish and Luther flop off the top 7.

Concept: Microsoft rep passes 100 noms.

Saber cuts past the 25 nom mark.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Sorry I've been gone for so long. The April Fool's thing did a number on me, and I needed a break. Anyway, on to the rate.

Porky
Chance: 0%
I'm going to be honest, I don't think Earthbound is very marketable as DLC. It's a very niche series that's been irrelevant for quite a while (Mother 3 memes notwithstanding), and he has alot of competition with... everyone else, basically. Plus I do think the Absolutely Safe Capsule Spirit is meant to represent Porky.
Want: 5%
I'm indifferent towards Earthbound. I've never played it, but I did watch a Let's Play of it, which was enjoyable enough. Unfortunatly, what I saw of Porky in that game didn't do much to impress me.

Nominations: Monokuma x5

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Porky

Chance: 1%
When the point of paid DLC is to be sold separately, it doesn't make sense to pick a character from an obscure series that hasn't been updated in over a decade. Completely ignoring Spirits, Mother is niche at best and Nintendo still has some sort of aversion to bringing it's most recent, and final, installment outside of Japan. If Nintendo wants the paid DLC to be profitable, they'll have to go with characters that appeal to a wide audience, unfortunately, this one does not.

Want: 5%
Bowser Jr already covers the machine/vehicle-bound fighter, so there isn't really anything novel about this fighter. Plus, Ness and Lucas are enough to cover a series with only three games and no potential for any more anytime soon. I rather we go explore other possibilities for DLC.

With that said, I'm all for him returning as a boss. I have no idea why they didn't bring that battle and Rayquaza back, but they really should.

Last edited:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Porky

Chance - 0.05% - Even if the Absolutely Safe Capsule isn't considered a stand-in for him, Poky suffers from the fact that he really doesn't have much going for him. He's from a franchise that is considered to be finished, with the main man behind it stating that he considers the franchise complete. As the games are now several years old with no future in sight, the fan base isn't really primed to grow much, and when Paid DLC is on the line, you should probably cast as wide a net as possible.

Want - 60% - He'd be cool, though I have no desire to see a new Mother character. There are better choices for DLC, though, and while I think he might be nice I think they can definetly do better.

Nominations

Palico X5

fleshdude.gov

Smash Journeyman
The King P.ing

Chance: 12%
This seems a bit high at first, but consider the following oddities regarding Mother, Smash Ultimate, and Porky in particular:
  • The Mother series has multiple Legendary spirits, and some of the most unique spirit battles (such as Buzz Buzz and Ness's Dad) come from the Mother Spirits. The spirit you get for completing World of Light is the Masked Man's, a major villain in Mother 3. Speaking of World of Light, the two spirits positioned closest to the True Final Boss's path at the very end of WoL are Claus and Hinawa, who both play a very important role in Mother 3. Smash Ultimate also updated Ness and Lucas's final smashes to include some of their party members, with Lucas receiving Kumatora and Boney, and Ness receiving Paula and Poo.
  • However, despite all this, there is something worth noting - none of the Mother spirits directly feature or reference Porky, save for the Absolutely Safe Capsule - except even that does not really reference Porky.
    • The Absolutely Safe Capsule is in itself notable as a spirit for its unique stats of 0 attack and the highest DEF of any spirit. It is also one of the few spirits that must be summoned to be obtained. Interestingly, the sprite used for the Spirit is the less common version of the sprite, as opposed to the more common version that is seen in most of the battle. Most notably, however, and the reason I say it really does not reference Porky, is that none of the spirits necessary to summon it reference pigs, greed, or other attributes of Porky's character in any way.
      • The only fusion materials needed are a Mr. Saturn Core and any 6 shield spirits. All the other Summonable spirits have their materials be references to specific attributes of the character, with quite a few of these being extremely clever. Here are a few examples so you can get an idea of what I mean:
        • Mallow can be summoned using a core from Kracko and Prince Peasley, as Mallow is a prince who is also a cloud.
        • Tails can be summoned using a core from Andy (referencing his knack for building machines), Vulpix (as he is a fox with multiple tails), and a Support core (because he's Sonic's best friend who loves to help others).
        • Louie (from Pikmin) can be summoned with a core from Snorlax (because of his insatiable appetite and general laziness), the Postman from Zelda (because you can never beat the Postman in a race, and Louie always manages to run away somehow), and a Grab Core (both because he can pluck Pikmin, and because he will grab and steal any food that isn't bolted to the floor).
      • With that in mind, the Absolutely Safe Capsule seems to be just that - the Capsule itself. It was built by Dr. Andonuts and the Mr. Saturns (hence the Mr. Saturn Core) and it is completely impenetrable (hence the 6 defense cores).
  • Porky has also had roles in both Brawl and 4. In Brawl, he was a boss fight in the Subspace Emissary in a Mother-themed section. In 4, he was a Trophy. This makes his complete absence in Smash Ultimate rather glaring.
  • There is also the fact that the Mother series is celebrating its 30th Anniversary this year. If any new Mother content (outside of Smash) was coming, now would be an ideal time for it.
With all that being said, however, there are quite a few things that significantly put a damper on Porky's chances:
  1. Mother will never be receiving a new game (in any official capacity, anyways, and who knows if mother-4-but-not-anymore will ever actually see the light of day). Shigesato Itoi, the series creator, has stated this multiple times over. Therefore, unless some sort of Mother series remake was coming, Porky could not be used as a "relevant" character.
  2. While it could be argued that First-Party DLC characters need not fall into the categories of "Relevant" or "Influential", we have yet to see any examples of this not being the case for Smash in particular.
  3. Mother, as a series, is quite niche, and only 2 of its 3 games have even seen official Western releases. I doubt Nintendo would see another Mother character as DLC as a profitable business decision.
  4. Giygas, who is also conspicuously missing from Ultimate, is arguably a more well-known Mother villain than Porky, and could be more easily developed using Mewtwo as a base.
  5. If they were to add a Boss Rush mode with new bosses, it's quite likely they would just add Porky's boss fight from Brawl instead of him as a playable character.
I LOVE the Mother Trilogy, and Porky is honestly my favorite Mother character, and one of my favorite video game villains period. I would love to be able to play as him in Smash. He has quite a lot of moveset potential, thanks to his mech(s).

Nominations: Glover x5

Last edited:

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
Oh that's Porky
Porky Minch
He's the barnyard
Mr. Big
(Sorry, I just needed to make that reference):
Chance: 0%-Not a spirit. So what? Giygas is not a spirit either and no one wonders why, even though there's no reason to not include him. I mentioned this before too, but these characters are going to come with a stage and music. Mother is already filled with three stages and a decent selection of songs in Smash, so what can you do for him? Specially when New Pork City is already in the game.
Want: 0%-Sorry, but I don't find this fatso to be interesting in any sort of way. I'd rather have this DLC batch to cover new franchises than include such boring characters like him or any of the new Nintendo guys.
Nominations: Morrigan x5

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Porky Minch

Chance: 15%

-Normally, 1st party characters are considered very unlikely for the pass. Mainly because of Nintendo's clear motive of collabs with other companies. And because most of the viable 1st party characters are AT or spirits, or both.
-Porky however strangely has no Spirit, despite being a major character in the Mother Series and being a boss from Brawl despite the other bosses being spirits as well.
-This defnintely makes me think something Mother related is happening this year since it's also the 30th Anniversary of the series, and the missing Porky Spirit IMO is a big evidence for it. Either a Porky DLC spirit will be released alongside something Mother related or he'll be playable alongside the release for promotion.
-He'll probably just be a DLC Spirit since Nintendo is clearly aiming for 3rd party characters.

Want: 90%

-Of course!
- As a Mother fan, I would very enjoy more Mother content in Smash!

Nominate Velvet Crowe x5

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Porky

Chance 10 - Even though I do think it's super unlikely he's DLC in this round, there is a path for him. That path involves Mother 3 releasing this year, 1st party characters being included in this fighter pack, and potentially spirits not deconfirming characters because nobody is sure if he's actually a spirit or not. So yeah...... that's not looking great. The chance is there though, no matter how long of a shot it really is.

Want: 100 - Never played any Mother games, can't say I care about the franchise much at all. However, Porky was my favorite boss in Subspace and I think getting him in his spider would make him very unique and have an interesting moveset. I'm in

Noms
Nathan Drake x5

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Spankety

Chance: 10% - I don't find him or any other Mother character very likely, not gonna lie. However, it does feel like this year would be a good time for a Mother Trilogy if they're gonna release one, or simply just a Western release for Mother 3, but that's also a stretch just based on speculation and stuff, so I'm not gonna expect anything.

Want: 100% - Mother/EarthBound is one of my favorite series, and Porky is one of my favorite villains, so I'd love his inclusion as I would Ninten's or Giegue's or whoever. I think he could be interesting to play as and would be a good addition to the roster, whether he's in either of his mechs or he's just himself with different gadgets, bombs and whatnot.

Nominations:

Creeper x3
Ninten x2

FancySmash

Smash Lord
That's all folks

I'll be honest, his apparent lack of a spirit means nothing to me. With the Let's Go and 3 extra Mario spirits, I firmly believe that absolutely no first party character is safe. Anyone and probably everyone will inevitably become a spirit, and if they didn't make it in base game, their chances are as dead as... well, the Mother series. Yeah, that's Porky's second problem. The series is done. It will never get another sequel, and the only thing it could potentially see is an overseas release (which honestly, should've happened a long time ago). Perhaps dead is the wrong word, maybe something along 'retired' works better. But this all leads to Porky just being hard to merchandise in general. Even if we could overcome the murder that is spirits to a character's chances and maybe see Mother 3 being Porky's chance, well, who's to say Mother 3 getting a release out of Japan would be enough to warrant Porky being added? Mother 3 would still be old news to Japan.

Want: 30%
Eh, I did enjoy Earthbound, but I wouldn't call Porky the best part of the game. From what I hear, he's more prominent in Mother 3, being the main antagonist and all. However, I've got no access to Mother 3, so I can't exactly use that as source. If Mother was to get another character, I'd more easily see an echo for Ness with Ninten, or maybe even seeing Porky as a base game addition, but I'm not really interested in a Mother character as DLC.

Predictions: Yuri Lowell
A tales or character? Who's not Lloyd? Yeah, can't see that happening. 9.43%

Nominate: Kamek x5

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Schrodinger's Spirit

Chance: 20%. I'm gonna be very generous but I honestly see Porky as one of the bigger first party candidates. While his series is inactive, the bare minimum is that despite his enhanced presence in previous games (particularly Brawl), he never showed up. One could say that the ASC is his Spirit, but that would be a variant spirit, so him lacking an original puts him in Poochy's shoes.

Want: 55%. I mean Mother is a very good series, and Porky would be very nice to have. He'd also easily curbstomp every other villain in Smash when it comes to awfulness, considering some of the stuff he's pulled, and finally being able to enact that on others would be really cool. However, while he's definitely somebody I support, if he turns out to be a no-show I won't be losing any sleep.

Frisk x 5.

Last edited:

WarioTheLegend

Smash Rookie
*cough* *wheeze*

Chance: 5%. I wanna believe in Porky and I do think the fact that he's absent on the spirit list is suspicious. However I'm convinced the fighters pass is going to be limited to only third parties. Even if it isn't, Mother/Earthbound isn't exactly the most relevant right now and I'm not sure if the Smash team wants to add DLC characters from a franchise with no future. I do think if we get a Mother trilogy remaster or a Mother 3 localization this year, he could make it in to tie in with that release, but for now I'm not getting my hopes up.

Want: 95%. I got into the Earthbound series a couple of months back and now I'm really interested in the idea of seeing Porky in Smash. I'd prefer him over other fighters from the series since he wouldn't be a PSI user, and he's quite important to the series. He'd stand out from most of the cast as well if they place him in a mech, but even without one, the Starman Jr. moveset concept showed he could be awesome without it. Plus, if he was in this DLC pack, we'd be getting some new Earthbound music, and Pokey Means Business would be a no brainer to bundle in. (Natural Killer Cyborg & Porky's Porkies would be nice too)

Magolor x5

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533
Oh boy, it's my main man's time !

Chance : 15%
As much as i want him as a playable character, i can't really say that his chances are all that high.
Sure, he's not a spirit but until proven otherwise, spirits don't deconfirm characters so for now, that doesn't mean anything.
However, if Sakurai decides to add more bosses, i'd say that he has a 70% chance of coming back.

Want : 100%
I love bad guys and i'm a massive earthbound fanso of course i want Porky ! He might be one of me favorite villain in fiction, no... one of my favourite characters !

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Porky Minch
Chance:
3%
Even with a Mother series rerelease I don't see it happening. Mother has a TON of content in Smash already, and with Fourside, New Pork City, and Onett already in as stages there are no other major levels Porky could have. Even his theme is already in the game. I don't see anything new they could add from the Mother series that is "missing".

Want: 70%
I adore the Mother series. I'm actually rewatching a playthrough of Mother 3 right now to see first time reactions to it. Porky is an incredible villain, and yeah, I could see him being in his Heavily Armed Pokey mode with a Giygas final smash. But does that mean Mother, a concluded series, should get a new character? Eh, I don't know. Personal bias would love Porky or Kumatora, but my brain knows that between the stages, music, items, and protags, Mother is represented fantastically. I still can't believe we got such a beautiful Magicant level.

That said, why isn't Porky back as a boss? C'mon!

Nominations: Kyle Hyde x5

Among Waddle Dees

Smash Journeyman
Porky

Chance: 20%. It does seem a bit odd that he does not appear in the game in any capacity after appearing in the previous two installments, but it could be that the Absolutely Safe Capsule spirit is supposed to signify him permanently being stuck within. It is a pretty difficult spirit to obtain, so maybe that's the joke, though that seems too cruel. At any rate, Earthbound (Mother) doesn't seem to have gotten anything new in terms of publicity right now. Maybe if they finally stop sleeping on the last installment everywhere else, it would be a nice tie-in, but even that seems dicey.

Want: 40%. Honestly, the desire to get him in is not that high to me. I don't exactly know what his appeal is other than being a stubborn enemy; he seems like quite the coward. But I also can respect a character with no presence in a Smash game after suffering years of SUPER similar no-show problems. Besides, he's a better possibility than the current third-party theory.

Nominations
Adeleine (Kirby) x5

jamesster445

Smash Lord
Porky

Chance- 50%
Want 100%

Porky's absence in Ultimate is bizarre as he doesn't appear as a boss or even as a spirit. The latter is bizarre considering the other Subspace bosses are spirits. Porky also had a trophy in the previous games so I doubt he was forgotten. This could mean that his spirit will be added later similar to Partner Pikachu/Eevee or he's being added as a fighter. And I say good. Porky is probably one of the most evil Nintendo villains out there. Combine that with his Spider Mech and his natural rivalry with Ness and Lucas. You have the most potentially interesting Mother newcomer.

Noms- Tora and Poppi x5

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
Porky

Chance: 10% - I want to believe that the absence of his spirit/boss (or any acknowledgement of him for that matter) means that he'll be DLC, but I'm playing safe and betting on it being a 3rd party sweep for the fighter pass. However, I'm still holding out hope that Nintendo has a bit of a surprise for us regarding the Mother trilogy in the future, which they could possibly use Porky in Smash to promote.

Want: 100% - Being a huge Mother fan, Porky's one of my most-wanteds and my ideal pick for a new Mother rep. He's the villain in both Earthbound and Mother 3, plus he has a ton of moveset potential. I love the idea of having a Mother character who doesn't use PSI but instead fights in a mech. Of course, I'm always for more Mother representation too, no matter what it is.

Nominations:
Frogger x5

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
Porky

Chance: 40%
It's really inexplicable that he's not a Spirit, all things considered. Sakurai certainly remembers him, having chosen to make him a boss back in the Subspace Emissary, so why would he be missing now, of all times? Was there really too many Earthbound spirits to fit him in? Does the Absolutely Safe Capsule already count in Sakurai's eyes?

Earthbound is a little too old and niche to be begging for characters, but Sakurai's love for the franchise hasn't seemed to waver after all these years. It's not impossible.

Want: 10%
Two games ago, everyone was going gaga over Masked Kid instead of Porky, even when the latter had almost all the same core arguments going for him back then. Part of me suspects that much of the modern support stems from simply not seeing him as a spirit, which just isn't a good basis for a character to rest his base on. I certainly don't like him on a personal level, let alone believe that he'd be an exciting addition to the Challenger Packs.

Nominations
Valve rep x5

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Porky- alright.

Chance- 15%, because Lucas did not need to be in, but here we are.
I don't see much of a correlation between spirits and playable characters, quite frankly, but even if Porky is missing, that at best points to a DLC character who might include Porky as a brought along spirit. I'd truly hope for Balloon Fighter if it were this (both sharing core importance to Iwata).

Want- 5%, because I do not see a reason to add more Mother content when there are so many characters that could be put beforehand, particularly in the age of DLC where Porky's name must not be known by many outside of the Smash and Mother scenes. But at least he would be original, so not a zero.

NOMINATIONS:
Balloon Fighter. All my votes. All everyones votes. #voterfraud

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
So all of Joker's details just dropped on Nintendo's youtube page. Are we doing the satisfaction ratings for him tomorrow

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
I’ll put it up in the mornin. For fun, rate Mementos and Stage Builder as well.

Last edited:

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
RAW PORK!
Want: 65%

+Isn't a spirit
+Didn't show up as a boss (which is strange...)

-First party
-That's it really...

I don't have much to say about undercooked pork here. He would be pretty cool though, and the spider mech would make an interesting moveset and bring a new villain to the arena. There's a debate on whether the safe capsule counts as Porky's spirit, but I doubt it, since it's not of Porky himself.

Tetromino x5

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Porky

Chance - 1%
On the small chance of any 1st party DLC I highly doubt a 3rd unique Earthbound character would get in. Especially since the series has been done for more than a decade.

Want - 0%

I love Mother but if we had to get a 3rd rep I'd rather it be Ninten to represent all 3 games.

Last edited:

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Porkey
He's not a spirit. Unfortunately, he's also from a 3 game series that already has 2 characters. And the series officially ended years ago so it would be weird to throw in another character from it.
Want: 60%
I'm sure he'd be interesting or whatever. Honestly I'm only rating him this high because I want Pokey Means Business to be in Smash.

Prediction for whoever tge next rating is: 5%
Noms: SE Rep x Whatever GoodGrief741 feels like giving me

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Porkey
He's not a spirit. Unfortunately, he's also from a 3 game series that already has 2 characters. And the series officially ended years ago so it would be weird to throw in another character from it.
Want: 60%
I'm sure he'd be interesting or whatever. Honestly I'm only rating him this high because I want Pokey Means Business to be in Smash.

Prediction for whoever tge next rating is: 5%
Noms: SE Rep x Whatever GoodGrief741 feels like giving me
You get 5 noms, same as always.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Was I too early for the satisfaction rating, or does it count now?@TCT~Phantom said to rate him with Mementos and stage builder as well, so I thought that was the cue to start the satisfaction rating.
I think he meant to do so tomorrow, when the satisfaction ratings start. I always take the cue to be when the thread title changes.

Top Bottom