• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
It's not like anything would have to be done. The game works great whether you have Piranha Plant or not, and it would be the same with any DLC character, whether they're an AT, a Spirit, or nothing at all.
That's true for the most part, but wasn't there some weird bug with Piranha Plant early on that corrupted save data? I remember it being reported on but never saw it first hand.

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
I hope I have enough time to do this

Chance (for all characters): 0.01%
I don't see any of these characters happening, so I'm giving them all the same rating. It doesn't make sense that they'd put all that effort into making a character not playable only to change their mind when developing DLC. Heck, we don't even know if we're ever gonna get any playable Spirits. Sadly, these guys will probably have for Smash 6 or, more realistically, never.

Want rating time!
Yup, it's him. (AKA Bomberman): 100%
If I could choose one AT to get promoted, this would be the one. I've been a fan of Bomberman for a while. He seems like he'd be a fun a unique addition.

[Funny name for Krystal goes here]: 20%
I think the Star Fox franchise is fine as it is. But if Star Fox were to get another character, it should be her. I think she deserves it, even though I don't care for her that much.

Growth Psynergy (AKA Isaac): 60%
I don't really have any personal attachment to him or his series. However, I can see why so many people want him. As far as ATs go, he's one of hte most deserving for a promotion.

Project M reject (AKA Lyn): 0%
Yes, just what I wanted! Another Fire Emblem character with a sword! But seriously, it should be pretty obvious why I don't want this character.
I've never understood the demand for Lyn and I don't think I ever will.

It's A Cold A Broken Waluigi: 75%
I'm not super mad about his exclusion like a lot of people are. But I still think it kinda sucks. Especially after they put all that effort into making a dumb Mario character that literally nobody wanted. Hopefully his luck will change someday.

Hammer Squire (AKA Shovel Knight): 0%
I don't really have anything against SK personally. I've just never been a fan of the whole "indie rep" thing. Playable third parties usually have more merit to them than just being from one game that some people liked. He's also a non-Japanese character and there's a lot of better choices for that than this guy.

Get A New Game Already (AKA Takamaru): 35%
He seems like he'd be an okay addition. Having a Samurai character in Smash would be kinda cool. At the end of the day, he's still a swordfighter, though.

Mach Rider's Bike (AKA Skull Kid): 65%
I just want a Zelda newcomer. The series is long overdue for one. Skull Kid would be a very good choice for that spot. Especially since he isn't Link, Zelda, or Ganondorf.

Ow The Edge (AKA Shadow): 50%
Probably the biggest "what could have been" as far as Echos go. He would have been a neat addition. I'm not too upset, though, at least I can still play as Sonic.

The Worst Robot Master (AKA Spring Man): 60%
I still think it's weird that they made him an AT. He would have been a perfect choice for a DLC character. I guess that's the consequence of all DLC being third party.

Admin (AKA Midna): 40%
As I said above, Zelda needs a newcomer. Though I haven't played TP, so I don't really don't know much about her. She'd probably be a good addition, though.

GIVE ME YOUR MONEY (AKA the Black Knight): 0%
Finally, another Fire Emblem swordfighter! My life is complete! Seriously, though, I don't care whether or not this guy is an echo. We don't need any more FE characters, we have enough.

Oh no, not again! (AKA Ashley): 50%
I just want a new Wario character in general. I don't really care too much who we get. I mainly supported Ashley since she seemed like the mostly likely choice. Maybe she'll have better luck next time.

Vaati prediction: 2%
Noms: SE Rep x35 (hopefully)

Last edited:

SPEN18

Smash Lord
she could've ended up just like Chrom in terms of moveset
Lyn with Chrom's moveset would make no sense. Even if you assume that Lyn isn't using a bow for anything, their fighting styles and movements are entirely different.

You had me imagining Lyn using Aether, and that was a wild ride.

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
The Assist Trophy Attack Round

The one I see happening:

The Wa-lephant in the Room

Chance: 30%. I feel like Waluigi is the one and only major serious candidate for this type of discussion, as he is on a very different level compared to every other Assist Trophy except maybe Knuckles and Shadow, the latter of which is primarily Echo material and the former lower than Tails and Eggman on the Sonic food chain. He's head and shoulders more popular than everybody else because he has the legendary, fabled casual popularity. I believe he is the frontrunning candidate for an Assist Trophy promotion, but if it weren't for Chrom, that wouldn't be saying much. But hey, if we can have two Chroms then two Waluigi's isn't a big deal, and he's ridiculously popular. I just don't feel confident that an Assist promotion will even happen.

Want: 55%. Now Waluigi is somebody I could really get behind, as Daisy doesn't scratch that Mario Sports rep itch I've had for a really, really long time and Waluigi is the perfect candidate for something like that. He also opens the door for Assist Promotions, meaning I can settle for Assist Arle instead of needing the full thing.

Other plausible candidates that I'm not as confident on:

It's still anyone's game (Bomberman)

Chance: 15%. He's not as popular as Waluigi or even Shadow, and he has competition in characters like Goemon and even among the Assists Alucard. Alucard in particular is why I don't think he'll happen, because there was a chance we could have gotten Alucard over Simon and Richter, and that means something to have been considered even for a second. I don't believe Bomberman has something to claim over Alucard, but that's only hypotheticals: if Sakurai really does dislike Waluigi, then Bomberman is probably the likeliest of the Assists to be playable (other than Alucard or Zero).

Want: I've never played his games, but it's still a great series from an outsider's perspective, so 25%. Once I've given them a shot, hopefully it doesn't end up like Cave Story where I thought it'd be amazing and it honestly kinda let me down. Super Bomberman R, or something old school, as long as it's classic Bomberman action it should be great. Also he's fun in Crusade (I think? It might've been Flash 2 that had him.)

Buddies of Grinchy Times, Isaac and Shadow

Isaac Chance: Isaac is like Waluigi but with 10% of the chance, as he doesn't have very much casual popularity and the internet fanbase he does have might accompany for way too much of his fans to be truly worthwhile. Still, he would probably sell, but I feel like if he were a candidate he'd be a Sakurai choice, not one made by Nintendo, especially if they really stopped caring about Golden Sun. He's very much a "wait for pass 2" character, not somebody I can see in pass 1, which is a problem because I doubt the existence of pass 2.

Shadow Chance: 10%. He has the casual popularity that Isaac lacks, but he got Joker'd so it evens out. I don't think he could make a claim above Tails or Eggman. I even doubt he could make the case over Kiryu or (yes) Arle, even if they explicitly decided not to use the former two for whatever reason. However I still think he's among the likelier candidates for this group.

Isaac Want: 40%. Waluigi - significant experience with him or personal interest in the character + making a dead series undead = this. Aside from that, it's the same deal, makes Assists something to actively desire for your character of choice, rather than hope not (but accept if it happens, hopefully).

Shadow Want: Formerly he was an Echo I wanted, but now that DLC Echoes won't be a thing he's straight-up Arle competition. 1%, because at least Assist Promotions are a good thing. First character I took the +20 boost off of, though it's all because we won't be getting Echoes and if we do I'll want him more.

The Puncher, Spring Man

Chance: 10%. I also believe that Spring Man could work out, though not to the levels of Waluigi since he isn't as popular. ARMS is probably something that's still in Ninty's best interests to promote, but then again it might also have been totally supplanted by Smash at this point. Who knows, though he does end up being a bit too new, kinda like what happened to Rex.

Want: 20%. No attachment whatsoever, but I must say some of the character designs intrigue me. I might pick up ARMS one of these days, maybe it's the game I never knew I needed. Or maybe it's just something I'd be fine with skipping.

I beat Shovel Knight but I don't have a joke for this one.

Chance: 10%. Among the last of the big few assists I acknowledge has an actual chance, but it's not much. Shovel Knight once again is an extremely popular indie and even though he's an Assist Trophy, I wouldn't be taken too off-guard if he were the trendsetter for indies in Smash Bros. However he is playable in competing platform fighters, and there is Reimu (and as far as I'm concerned, Steve) for him to battle.

Want: 40%. Shovel Knight would be fantastic, I must say, as I do enjoy his game and whatnot. Personally, I'd rather either Plague or Specter Knight, but Shovel at least stands above King. And, of course, Assist Promotions are a great thing.

Hector's Wife, or Eliwood's Wife, or Kent's Wife, or Florina's Wife. As far as Smash is concerned, she's Roy's mom to me.

Chance: 10%. The final one of these guys is going here tonight, as she is immensely popular among Fire Emblem fans and has a decent following with Smash Bros. Fans as well. Sadly, I don't see her joining her son anytime soon, as Bylethelgard is probably top dog among the Fire Emblem crew, and that assumes Fire Emblem even gets a character. But out of the FE Assist trio, Lyn stands out for promotion.

Want: 25%. A further decloned Roy would rep the GBA era of Fire Emblem plenty. And even if I wanted one from my first Fire Emblem, well depending on how you look at it that should be either Sigurd or Eirika that I would rather have, and honestly? While I'm not done with Fire Emblem characters, I am done with swordsmen.

The Rest of the Pack

Chance: 0.01%. I think everybody else is, honestly, a bit of a stretch at this time. They each have their own individual ups and downs, but overall, they all fall into this category mostly because I don't feel like they'd be Nintendo's choices for any reason, or under any goal. I feel like their best shots lie with Sakurai.

Want Mini-Lightning Round

Skull Kid: 35%. I really liked his game but I have other priorities for Zelda characters, namely Tingle, Impa, Ganon, and even Vaati since they've shown up more than once in the series. Outside of that, a proper Majora's Mask character would be nice, and hey he'd be really neat. But even then, I could have Mask Link to fill that itch.

Ashley: 20%. WarioWare is great, but I'd rather have 9-Volt or Mona. And if we're talking Wario characters in general, Captain Syrup or even a boss Black Diamond would do much more for me than her. And lastly, all I really want is Wario's old FS, I understand why it was changed but Wario-Man is so boring now.

Krystal: 20%. Star Fox Adventures was something that I couldn't be assed to finish. Not much of a Star Fox guy in general, but maybe Assault and Command will sell Krystal to me? She's somebody I was more interested in earlier, but now... not sure.

Takamaru: 20%. Never played his game. I also would rather have SNES retro characters by now, NES has plenty. I can see the appeal but for me it's not there.

Midna: 30%. See Skull Kid, but I haven't finished her game. I'd also prefer characters who have more than one appearance in a game, though by no means is it a rule that I mandate for my characters.

Black Knight: 20%. See Lyn, but I think Ike alone already represents Tellius perfectly fine. BK would probably have issues standing out, and I'm still not fond of the idea of another swordsman. He can stay where he is.

And hey, I'll throw in Zero and Alucard Want ratings just for funsies as well: Zero has 35%, and Alucard has 60%. Both of them are cool but one of them is in one of the greatest PS1 games of all time and the other hunts Mavericks with X (in the games I care about. Maybe MMZ is good but I don't think it's for me).

Crash Bandicoot Rerate x 15, let me know if I qualify for 35 or not.

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
Lyn with Chrom's moveset would make no sense. Even if you assume that Lyn isn't using a bow for anything, their fighting styles and movements are entirely different.

You had me imagining Lyn using Aether, and that was a wild ride.
What I meant was lack of unique moves. I agree that she doesn't make sense using Chrom's aether. Never played a FE game in my life.

Last edited:

SPEN18

Smash Lord
What I meant was lack of unique moves. I agree that she doesn't make sense using Chrom's aether. Never played a FE game in my life.
I mean, it's not just Aether. That was just a throw-in joke. She doesn't make sense performing the vast majority of Chrom's moves. His animations and stature don't fit her at all, either.
Now, I could see Lyn borrowing a move or two from a few other characters, but not anywhere close to a whole moveset. And they wouldn't even have to borrow anything; it's just that they could.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Chances: 1.25%
This is for any of them getting in (rounded up, so I'll pretend I add Alucard, Color TV Game 15, Samurai Goroh, Dillon, Sukapon, Zero, Nikki, Arcade Bunny, Ghirahim, Knuckles and the Nintendog into my rating as well), so I combined the percentage that I saw each of them getting in. I can't tell if them getting in as DLC would remove the Assist Trophy or not, but if it did end up removing the Assist Trophy, that could be complicated for online play, as well as the idea that they would be removing content in the game for the players who didn't buy the trophy.
If I needed to rank them separate, here goes
Waluigi and Springman: .125% Waluigi because of the demand he gets and Springman because of new IP status.
Isaac,, Bomberman, Krystal, Shovel Knight, Takamaru and Ashley: .1% Because either they seem like a hassle to get the licences for twice (one as an Assist and once for character + stage), or it seems weird to give characters who are relatively dormant a DLC spot.
Lyn, Skull Kid, Midna and Black Knight: .075% With the way their franchises go in Smash, I can't see them adding them really. Lyn and Black Knight need to compete with the characters from Three Houses and Heroes, while Skull Kid and Midna need to deal with another version of Link/Zelda from the recent games.
Shadow: .05% Combination of the reasoning behind Shovel Knight and Bomberman's score, but also because if Sonic gets a DLC character (I don't think that will happen, we have three SEGA owned characters playable with Joker at this point) I think it would be Tails or Eggman.

Now for the Wants:
The Face You Make When You Trap Yourself Into A Corner By Your Own Bomb: 75%
Never played a Bomberman game besides the cheap flash copycats, but I like his design and it would be cool to see what he could bring to the table as a character.
Too Similar to Fox to Star In Her Own Franchise, Too Distinct From Him To Be Playable In Smash: 75%
I haven't played a Star Fox game that Krystal is in, but if she brought a fun moveset I wouldn't object to her.
Hurricane Issac: 75%
From what people said, seems like Issac would be good. Again, no connection to the character or anything.
Roy's Possible Mother?: 55%
I doubt she would be another Marth clone, but I want an Edelgard if we get another FE character.
Expecting Wallelujah? Too Bad, Daisy Time: 80%
As the only character in the list I have experience or a connection to outside of "heh, its that character thats an Assist." I love Waluigi and would enjoy his inclusion, but only after Toad.
Butt Butt: 65%
Similar to Bomberman, never played Shovel Knight but wouldn't be disappointed if he was playable.
The Mysterious Murasame Character: 45%
Takamaru is cool and all, but he isn't a character I want. Like I wouldn't be disappointed, but I don't see him doing anything that no other chartacer could do.
Purple Chair and Yellow Chair (e): 45%
Does Skull Kid do anything really? Plus if he can't use the moon as a Final Smash, I feel like that is a no-seller.
Recolor the Hedgehog: 35%
Never cared for Shadow, so I can't help but see him as a Sonic clone. Yes, they could do something cool for him, but I also would prefer Eggman or Tails.
Slinky Dog Arms: 60%
Springman might be the most boring out of the ARMS cast, but he would still stand out in the Smash roster.
Wolf Link But It's Just the Imp: 65%
Midna is cute, and I think she would be fun to play as.
Darkest Day, Blackest Night: 10%
See Lyn, but I also don't enjoy playing as or against slower characters.
PANTALONES GIGANTIUCS!: 50%
Not against Ashley, but I would prefer Mona and 9-Volt over her.

Nominations:
20x Monokuma
5x Decidueye
5x Glass Joe
5x Persona Spirits

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Well this'll be quite the post. I don't know how many I'll do... if it helps anyone who still hasn't done it yet, here's the list.
https://www.smashbros.com/en_US/item/assistfigure.html
Anyways...

Star Fox 64: The Krystal Shards
Chance: 5%
Want: 50%
Meh, it'd be nice I suppose to have a Star Fox character who doesn't fight like Fox, like, at all. Wolf is a good start, but I still see quite a few Fox in him. I don't think we'd face that with Krystal. However, Star Fox hasn't been doing well as of late. Maybe if we see that Star Fox racing game...

They were made in a factory. A bomb factory. Their bombs.
Chance: 10%
Want: 70%
Quite frankly, I don't really need anymore Konami characters in the game, though I'd make an exception for Bomberman. He's third party, so hey, he's got better chances than some, and it would be a nice nod to his creator.

Isaac in a bind
Chance: 7.5%
I'll preface this saying that I know nothing about Golden Sun. With current rumors though talking of Dragon Quest in Smash, not to mention Joker already, and a Tales rep being most likely for Namco if they got one... I'd prefer not to have another RPG character. However, I know I can't hold that against Isaac. And Isaac certainly has the demand. However, I know a lot feel this was his last chance. 1st party and all that jazz, I'll average it to an odd number.

Not even good enough to be :ultsonic:'s fake... I mean echo
Chance: 2%
Want: 0%
Just... why didn't this happen? He'd have made so much sense as an echo. And now, since DLC is looking to be all unique characters, he most likely can't be an echo. Yeah, I'm giving him 0% want. Why? Because to me, he'd make the most sense as Sonic's echo. It's quite literally, considering Sonic Adventure 2, the role he was born to play. Eggman would be a better unique rep. Tails a better semi-clone. Shadow... was just missed potential overall. And it pains me to an extent... That Knuckles reveal did him dirty though.

What was I fighting for?
Going completely neutral again out of respect for little exposure to MMX. I can honestly say though that if Mega Man did get another character, Zero would probably be the best choice.

Friendly neighborhood Taco vendor
Want: 60%
Plant has honestly warmed me up to Waluigi quite a bit. While Toad or Captain Toad is still my preferred Mario character overall, I can say that Waluigi (and Geno if we want to toss in third party) is clearly more deserving than Piranha Plant (who honestly, I would've preferred it if their final smash was Kamek transforming them into Naval Piranha, at least that way I can head canon that it's the same one Yoshi fought long ago... and then make it a Yoshi rep). Anyways... Waluigi. Fan demand? Check. Recognizable? Check. Star power? Che- well, sorta, kinda, not really... Yeah, Waluigi's complicated. For Wario's default partner, he's only got the spin off games to his credit. Could he rep Mario spin offs? Yeah, but any character really could. This has in turn made him the joke of Nintendo for quite some time now. It all depends on if his massive wahnt can overcome the trial.

The girl of stone living on a Disney ride
Want: 45%
Take what I said about Kat and Anna the other day, and it applies here to. I'd personally prefer a Wario Land character, though I won't deny Ashley has merits. Could work, wouldn't be the most opposed, just not what I prefer.

No win for Lyn I suppose
Want: 10%
Give her this, she's one of the most popular FE characters. Though considering her origins from a past game, I don't see her happening. Heck, with Awakening being in the past, part of me is surprised to see Chrom. Though him being a low effort clone helped his situation. Lyn doesn't have that to her advantage. And frankly, I'd prefer we didn't have her. FE has a problem with representation as it is, with everyone from the series currently representing the sword. We really don't need to further this issue.

"BUT I'M NOT DONE YET!"

I'd like to take a minute to briefly look at four Pokemon. Why? Because they're quite similar to ATs. Can't be KO'd you say? Well, one, Ditto can, and two, they're technically KO'd differently from ATs, rather than damaging them, you trick them to fall off stage.

Pokemon: Let's Go be non-playable (Eevee)
Chance: 15%
Want: 20%
Honestly? Eevee's chance depends on exactly how much they want to push the let's go games. Considering having two spirits now, it's probably not as likely as I give it credit. As for want? Eh... Eevee's cute, but I can't see it doing much that other Pokemon don't already do. Pikachu does tail attacks, Jigglypuff headbutts, etc, etc.

Team Rocket's Mascot (Meowth)
Want: 70%
I've said before that I'm rather done with Pokemon choices. Meowth is one of the few exceptions I'd make. Why? Well, there's no denying that like Pikachu, the anime has essentially given him Super Stardom, and if he were to be in Smash, that's how I'd portray him. Let him talk, use gadgetry, and actually be a villain, something I don't even think Mewtwo fits in. From that to the old rumors of his considerations in older Smashes, I'd give him a chance.

The Pokemon you shouldn't Google (Gardevoir)
Meh, no offense Gen 3, but the chance you had really is long gone. Can't say I'd even be that excited to see Gardevoir. Psychic type? Mewtwo. Fairy type? Jigglypuff. Nothing new is really provided here. Even the fighter in a dress thing is handled by Peach and Zelda. Still a good Pokemon though, no denying that.

It's Pikachu, but better (Mimikyu)
Want: 80%
Some people wanted Decidueye, others wanted Lycanroc. A handful wanted Incineroar... I guess... I mean we got him, so... someone wanted him, right? Well, my bets were on the Pika clone of this gen. I'd still love to see it. A ghostly fighter like it would be a lot of fun. Plus, Mimikyu has it's own Z-Move that could be a final Smash as well... OK, I might be bias on this one.

Skipping predictions this time since this was already quite the read. And if it's Vaati, we already predicted him previously. :p

Nominations: Kamek x... however many nominations we're allowed this time, sorry, I can't tell. :laugh:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Alright, I'm gonna do this, but only because I want to rate Monokuma.

1. Bomberman
Chance: 0%
I think Konami has enough representation as is in Ultimate. Not only did we get Metal Gear back, we got a load of Castlevania content to go with it. Bomberman getting in at all is somewhat miraculous to me.
I've only played one Bomberman game, so I'm not particularly attached. Plus, I don't think he has as much moveset potential as people insist (all I've seen is bombs). However, this is Sakurai we're talking about, so it could easily work.

2. Krystal
The demand for Krystal has died down significantly. On top of that, Star Fox is kinda dead at the moment. None of this bodes well for Krystal.
Want: 5%
I will admit, she'd be different from the rest of the Star Fox characters. However, I'm simply not interested in her. Although I should mention that I'm not interested in Star Fox in general.

3. Isaac
This one had to hurt. To put it bluntly, Golden Sun is dead, and not even his vocal fanbase could get him in. This isn't going to happen anytime soon.
I've never played Golden Sun. In fact, I only got curious because of his demand for Smash. As a result, I'll at least be happy for his fans.

4. Lyn
We're more likely to get a Three Houses rep than an established character. Plus, Sakurai seems to think Fire Emblem has enough playable characters. Remember, Chrom only got in thanks to the ballot.
Yeah, she'd be another sword user, but at least she'd be different. She seems to have more emphasis on speed, which I like in a character. However, I haven't played a Fire Emblem game, so I can't say much else.

5. Waluigi
Let's be real, Waluigi is only popular in the West. Japan (and by extension, Sakurai) doesn't see the appeal. Just a reminder of how much influence a Japanese developer can have on a Japanese video game.
I hate EVERYTHING about Waluigi. I can't see any redeeming traits for him in anything he's in. In fact, I think Piranha Plant IS more deserving of a spot in Smash.

6. Shovel Knight
The fact we got an Indie character in Smash at all is amazing. However, that clearly wasn't enough to cut it. It would seem that we may have to wait longer on this one.
I've never played Shovel Knight. However, I feel the character is an icon in gaming. Therefore, I wouldn't mind him appearing.

7. Takamaru
Takamaru hasn't been relevent in who knows how long. The only thing going for him was that Sakurai briefly considered him. However, his obscurity didn't help him any.
I wouldn't mind a samurai character. However, he isn't exactly at the top of my list. This is coming from someone who actually supports obscure characters getting in.

8. Skull Kid
He hasn't been relevent since Majora's Mask. Even then, his Assist Trophy was added to promote a remake of that game (I think, at least). I can't see much reason to add him now.
Skull Kid just doesn't click with me. He comes off as too speradic for my liking. Although, I'm fully aware that's the point of his character.

9. Shadow the Hedgehog
Shadow's only chance was in the base game. It seemed like he was coming thanks to Knuckles, but look where we are now. I can't help but feel there's something preventing us from getting more Sonic characters.
Want: 75%
Honestly, Shadow was wronged in this game. He easily could have been an Echo of Sonic, and it would have worked, too. Shame that the developers thought otherwise.

10. Spring Man
This one caught me off guard. Somehow they went and added an Assist Trophy for the newest IP instead of a character. That one doesn't make sense.
Want: 80%
Like Shadow, Spring Man was wronged. He could have been easy promotion for Arms. Clearly, though, that's not what the developers thought.

11. Midna
Essentially, everything I said about Skull Kid applies here. The only real difference is Midna was promoting a remake of Twilight Princess. She's popular, but not relevant.
I could see a moveset working, but I'm not invested. She seems to be pretty standard as far as characters go. I just don't see the appeal.

12. Black Knight
Basically what I said for Lyn. The main difference is that this seems to be deliberate, as I believe the Black Knight was removed from a stage to be an Assist Trophy. However, I could be remembering that wrong.
He doesn't seem to be as interesting as Lyn would be. His design isn't as distinct as it could be, and he looks like a heavyweight. Still, I suppose he could work as an Ike Echo.

13. Ashley
Ashley's popularity has dwindled over the past few years. She's gone from making cameos in just about everything to simply having a side mode in a WarioWare game. Her best chance was in the base game.
Want: 15%
I wouldn't be against it. However, I'm not a big fan of mage characters. Though at least we would have another Wario rep, which I would actually enjoy due to the variety.

Nominations: Monokuma x35

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Since I'm bored, I'm gonna give want ratings for the rest of the ATs as well.
Hammer Bro: 0%
Chain Chomp: 0%
Thwomp: 1%
Klaptrap: 0%
Moon: 0%
Ghirahim: 35%
Metroid: 0%
Mother Brain: 0%
Nightmare: 5%
Knuckle Joe: 0%
Chef Kawasaki: 0%
Andross: 0%
Samurai Goroh: 25%
Starman: 0.78%
Jeff: 10%
Tiki: 0%
Phosphora: 5%
Burrowing Snagret: 0%
Kapp'n: 0%
Riki: 5%
Color TV Game 15%
Sherriff: 20%
Devil: 0%
Dr. Wright: 0%
Flies and Hand: 0%
Prince of Sablé: 65%
Sukapon: 40%
Starfy: 30%
nintendog: 0%
Dr. Kawashima: 0%
Vince: 5%
Nikki: 25%
Dillon: 60%
Yuri: Kozukata: 50%
Arcade Bunny: 1%
Squid Sisters: 20%
Ghosts: 0%
Alucard: 1%
Dr. Wily: 0%
0%: Zero
Knuckles: 0% (I'm still mad he isn't in Project M, though.)
Guile: 1%
Akira: 5%
Gray Fox: 0%
Rathalos: 0%
Rodin: 0%

Oh, and of course all of the Pokémon get 0%.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Poor Vaati, forgotten by Nintendo and his RTC day was almost skipped over.

Chance: 1%
Not that it really changes the rating too much, but do we know if Capcom owns the rights to Vaati's human design (the most recognizable version of the character)? Yes I know the monster form of Vaati appears in Four Swords Adventure and there is even a spirit of it in Ultimate, but the lack of human Vaati in any form of Nintendo media really makes me think he's in a Geno-type of legal position. Anyway onto the actual rating...

Not third party/already a spirit/tons of first party competition. Vaati also hasn’t had a notable appearance in about 15 years and was even completely absent from Hyrule Warriors - the biggest official celebration of the Zelda series. Whether that's due to Nintendo not caring about him or some legal issues with Capcom, it is certainly not a good sign. I know he has his fans but there are also a ton of more popular and relevant Zelda characters for Nintendo to choose from such as Impa.

I have fond memories of Minish Cap and always thought Vaati looked really cool. My interest in him only stems from that game as I have zero interest in his monster form. I wouldn't mind seeing Vaati's human form in Smash but there are still a ton of other Zelda characters I’d rather see first though such as Tetra, Toon Zelda, and Skull Kid.

Ryu Hayabusa chance prediction: 10.65% (has a decent amount of things going for him but the major leak he was in got debunked IIRC)

Nominations:
Concept: Fire Emblem Three Houses rep x5

Last edited:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
THAT'S RIGHT IT'S THE ALL POWERFUL SORCERER VAATI

Chance: 3%
As much as I like Vaati I have to admit that he's been forgotten by Nintendo. He hasn't been in a game in over a decade, and he didn't even appear in Hyrule Warriors. Not to mention that the other Zelda characters are more popular than him and are more requested than him.

Want: 65%
I love Minish Cap, and Vaati always struck me as the second biggest villain behind Ganondorf. But truthfully I want to see him in a new Zelda game more than to see him in Smash. If he escapes his hiatus and appears again then I would support him even more, but until then there are other Zelda characters that I'd prefer to see.

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Vaati
Chance: 20% here is a surprising fact, his monster form is a spirit, but his default form is not even in the game. I gave him the 20% because of the competition he will face.

Want: 50% I prefer if Midna got playable instead, but Vaati would bring a new playable villain to the bunch. With Legend of Zelda getting a lot of focus, yet no newcomer is surprising, so Vaati would bring a newcomer to this franchise to complete it's overhaul in smash.

Noms: 1 for Creeper, 2 for Adeleine and 2 for Concept: Pokeball Pokémon Promotion

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Holy **** it's here, the promised day!

Chance: 3%
His human form is weirdly not a Spirit, which may speak to some rights issues (or at least, the assumption on Nintendo's side that there would be). Nintendo has been forgetting about Vaati for years, in a fashion that is honestly kind of egregious and baffling. Who knows what's going on there.

Also I'd like to add that Vaati is a recurring character, with more important roles than even Skull Kid. This could help him get in, and it could help him become relevant at some point again.

Want: 100%
Minish Cap is my favorite Zelda game. Beyond that, he's a cool character with a cool powerset, and would bring a new character to the Zelda series.

Noms: Cronox5

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Vaati
Chance:
3%
I'm pretty sure there are some rights issues with the character, right? It's a shame, the Capcom Zelda games are really great. Unfortunately if he couldn't get into Hyrule Warriors, Smash is far less likely. Hyrule Warriors paid a ton of respect to the series when they could but Smash is even more exclusive than that.

Want: 60%
Yknow, he's a character I didn't really consider until just now, but I'm considering him and I dig the idea a lot. I loooove Four Swords Adventure and Minish Cap. He'd have a cool potential moveset as a sorcerer and be a new Zelda rep that has appeared in multiple games. No real downsides here, he just doesn't top my list because I don't have any strong preference for a Zelda newcomer despite loving the series.

Nominations: uhh god I'm out of people I actively support uhhhhh
Kyle Hyde x5

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Vaati

Chance: 0 - A first party character is likely not getting in for this fighter pass. If we were getting a first party character I think it'll probably be someone No spirit for his human form is a little interesting, but I think it's more likely this means nothing tbh

Want: Abstain

Noms: Nathan Drake x5

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Zelda's Geno
Zelda hasn't had an orginal newcomer since Melee and we still haven't gotten a character not related to the main trio. I highly doubt Vaati would be the first one to break that barrier. Characters like Skull Kid, Midna or Impa are far more popular and relevant, seeing as they all got into Hyrule Warriors whereas Vaati did not. Not to say Vaati hasn't got his fans, he was popular enough to be Smashified, but he's nowhere close to crowd pleaser levels like Skull Kid, Waluigi, Isaac or Ashley and none of those characters where still big enough to be granted a roster slot so I honestly don't think Vaati's got a chance. He may not be a one-off unlike some other requested Zelda characters, but does that really matter when the trilogy of games he comes from happens to be the three worst selling non CDI Zelda games?

No attachment and he wouldn't even destroy the no spirits theory, nor the all third-party theory, so no interest. I'm not in a rush to play the Four Swords games anyway.

Hayabusa: 32.77%
Metal Sonic x5

fleshdude.gov

Smash Journeyman
Geno 2: Return of Ganon

Chance: 1%

Zelda has not gotten a new character since Brawl, and has never gotten a character that is not a member of the Triforce Trio. Not only that, but like many other secondary members of Zelda's revolving cast, Vaati has not appeared in his own series in a long time, and it's quite likely that unless they decide to remake the Capcom-developed Zelda games he never will again. To put the cherry on top of the proverbial cake, his rights are awkwardly tied up between Nintendo and Capcom, a third-party company with plenty of other newcomers which would almost certainly be given priority.

Want: 35%
His design's neat, and from what I understand he's a wind sorcerer of some sort? I never finished The Minish Cap, so I can't really say much there.

I'd like to point out some parallels between Vaati and Geno as characters, just as a note. They're both from a major Nintendo franchise but are owned (at least in part) by a third party (both with at least 1 character in Smash), they both haven't appeared in their home series for a while, they're both magical humanoids with somewhat unique powers and alternate forms (Geno with the star form and Vaati with his monster form), they're both somewhat obscure characters in terms of their overall franchise, and they both have significantly more support for their character to be in Smash than for them to return to their own franchise.

Just some things I noticed.

Nominations: Glover x5

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
The forgotten Fourteenth Vaati

Chance: 20%
A long time ago, in the age of Brawl speculation, Vaati was considered a frontrunner as a Zelda rep. Now that all the main Zelda characters were in Smash, people turned to whatever side characters from the franchise were available - only to find that most of the candidates had only a single appearance in the entire saga. Vaati rose above this competing collective with the argument that he appeared in not just one game, but three of them, which was a strong case in an era when your number of appearances alone was a good-enough argument for many (never mind Sheik). Vaati showed up in a good number of wishlists and discussions, with people citing the potential of his mysterious wind powers, numerous boss battles, and physiological differences from Ganondorf (as well as most other characters in the roster). One couldn't exactly shoot him down at the time either - about the only other Zelda candidates that could compete against him at the time were Skull Kid and Midna, neither of whom had managed to appear in more than one game. And as far as anyone knew, Smash was obviously going to make Zelda newcomers.

We're a long time past those days now. Legend of Zelda created a dozen more candidates to be considered, while even honoring the best of them in Hyrule Warriors, a game that cameo'd just about every Zelda fan favorite worth mentioning - every one of them, that is, except Vaati. Whereas other GBA hopefuls like Isaac and Porky cling onto public awareness, Vaati finds himself wholly forgotten - usurped by the likes of Skull Kid, or upstaged by Ghirahim or the Yiga clan, or watching folks debate the four Champions before remembering him. It's not hard to see why either - Four Swords and Minish Cap were left behind in the GBA era as Nintendo trucked onwards with new systems and new handheld Zelda titles, with no interest in revisiting the story of Vaati's resurrections. The fans didn't seem to miss them either, not while Zelda games of comparably-acceptable quality were still being made. And all the while, Smash itself went and acknowledged the support for Midna and Skull Kid while giving Vaati absolutely nothing, waiting only until Ultimate to make his monstrous boss form (and not his advocated humanoid form) a Spirit.

The Legend of Zelda has grown a long way since the Brawl era, and yet like many other old candidates, Vaati's still in the same spot that he started in - an enemy invented merely to be a Zelda antagonist who wasn't Ganondorf (only to get Ganondorf'd in Four Swords Adventure anyway). He hasn't gotten any more ties to the Zelda universe, nor done anything really noteworthy since then. It's hard to expect him for just showing up in three old games, especially with Breath of the Wild steering the franchise to a new direction.

I'm more-or-less convinced that Zelda doesn't actually need more newcomers beyond the Triforce gang, so any support I've given Vaati in the past has since diminished. There's nothing I'd have against him, but there's little to recommend about him too, especially in 2019.

Nominations
Valve representative x5

Last edited:

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Vaati

He's the second most reoccurring antagonist in the Zelda series after Ganon(dorf) but seems to have been mostly forgotten now. I think most of his support comes from Zelda fans desperate for a character that isn't some form of Link, Zelda or Ganon, but as the years have gone by, other characters have become more prominent for this role.

A long time ago, in the age of Brawl speculation, Vaati was considered a frontrunner as a Zelda rep. Now that all the main Zelda characters were in Smash, people turned to whatever side characters from the franchise were available - only to find that most of the candidates had only a single appearance in the entire saga. Vaati rose above this competing collective with the argument that he appeared in not just one game, but three of them, which was a strong case in an era when your number of appearances alone was a good-enough argument for many (never mind Sheik). Vaati showed up in a good number of wishlists and discussions, with people citing the potential of his mysterious wind powers, numerous boss battles, and physiological differences from Ganondorf (as well as most other characters in the roster). One couldn't exactly shoot him down at the time either - about the only other Zelda candidates that could compete against him at the time were Skull Kid and Midna, neither of whom had managed to appear in more than one game. And as far as anyone knew, Smash was obviously going to make Zelda newcomers.

We're a long time past those days now. Legend of Zelda created a dozen more candidates to be considered, while even honoring the best of them in Hyrule Warriors, a game that cameo'd just about every Zelda fan favorite worth mentioning - every one of them, that is, except Vaati. Whereas other GBA hopefuls like Isaac and Porky cling onto public awareness, Vaati finds himself wholly forgotten - usurped by the likes of Skull Kid, or upstaged by Ghirahim or the Yiga clan, or watching folks debate the four Champions before remembering him. It's not hard to see why either - Four Swords and Minish Cap were left behind in the GBA era as Nintendo trucked onwards with new systems and new handheld Zelda titles, with no interest in revisiting the story of Vaati's resurrections. The fans didn't seem to miss them either, not while Zelda games of comparably-acceptable quality were still being made. And all the while, Smash itself went and acknowledged the support for Midna and Skull Kid while giving Vaati absolutely nothing, waiting only until Ultimate to make his monstrous boss form (and not his advocated humanoid form) a Spirit.

The Legend of Zelda has grown a long way since the Brawl era, and yet like many other old candidates, Vaati's still in the same spot that he started in - an enemy invented merely to be a Zelda antagonist who wasn't Ganondorf (only to get Ganondorf'd in Four Swords Adventure anyway). He hasn't gotten any more ties to the Zelda universe, nor done anything really noteworthy since then. It's hard to expect him for just showing up in three old games, especially with Breath of the Wild steering the franchise to a new direction.
I really cannot sum it up better than this,

He's not the worst pick out there, and I did support him back in the Brawl days. But we're long past that and there are more characters I'm interested in.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
So, a lot of people tried to nab extra noms. Not a lot of people did. Below I'll list the people that did.

Extra 10
@Zeke The Zekenator

Extra 30
Sari Sari
GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741
Nemuresu Nemuresu
Sid-cada Sid-cada
C chocolatejr9

If you're not on that list and think you should be, please by all means say so. It was very complex checking all these and something might have slipped by me. I've already double checked and I will triple check later.

Also, please check if your noms were counted, especially if you're not on that list. Some people distributed their noms between several characters but ended up not actually getting the noms they thought; on some I could interpret, on some I didn't count anything. Since the day was supposed to be for extra noms, not getting confused and losing them, I'll let people clarify and count them after the fact.

It was also kinda sad to see some of this. It took me over an hour to write my thing and I'm sure I'm not the only one, so it was pretty hard to not give someone noms when they'd gone through so much work. Someone actually didn't even qualify for the regular five noms, even though they wrote about thirteen characters. Yikes.

Without further ado, le noms.

Concept: Fire Emblem Three Houses rep x130
Black Mage (Final Fantasy) x120
Amy Rose x115
Impa x106
Freddi Fish and Luther (Freddi Fish) x105
Nathan Drake x105
[Rerate] Erdrick x102
Metal Sonic x102

100 - 51

Concept: Microsoft Rep x100
Aloy x100
Protector (Etrian Odyssey) x100
Concept: Third-party character from unrepped Company x98
Creeper x94
Tetromino x90
Boss: Kracko x85
Palico x85
Monokuma x85
Spyro x82
Noctis Lucis Caelum x80
Frogger x80
Morrigan Aensland x80
9-Volt x74
Jin Kazama x65
Kamek x61
Ninten x58
Papyrus x51

50 - 25

Concept: Square Enix rep x55
X (Mega Man) x44
Frisk x40
Crono x40
Kyle Hyde x40
Decidueye x38
[Rerate] 2B x35
Concept: Assist Trophy becomes Fighter x30
Concept: DLC challenges x30
Adeleine (Kirby) x29
Farmer (Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons) x28
Thrall (Warcraft) x25
Cooking Mama x25
Heavy (Team Fortress) x25

Under 25

Gooey (Kirby) x23
Boss: Perfect Chaos x20
Earthworm Jim x20
Glover x20
Reporter & Wrestler x20
Concept: Spirits aren’t disconfirmations x18
Brian (Quest 64) x17
Hector (Fire Emblem) x15
Pyra & Mythra (sans Rex) x15
Amaterasu x15
Saber (Fate) x15
Concept: Free updates (Splatoon-style) x13
Concept: Persona Spirits x12
Concept: Dragalia Lost rep x10
Concept: Bethesda rep x10
Frog (Chrono Trigger) x10
Beat (Jet Set Radio) x10
Tora and Poppi x10
Concept: Spectator Emotes x10
Concept: Another joke character x10
Velvet Crowe x10
Black Shadow x8
Marx (Kirby) x7
Concept: New modes x7
Concept: Lord Fredrik as an Echo Fighter of K. Rool x6
Blacephalon x5
Zhao Yun (Dynasty Warriors) x5
Neptune x5
Concept: Crazi Taxi rep x5
Oliver (Ni No Kuni) x5
Courier (Fallout) x5
Scorpion x5
Concept: Another literally who Level-5 Character who's popular in Japan, like Achilles or Mark Evans x5
Starman (Pro Wrestling) x5
Malzahar (League of Legends) x5
King Boo x5
Concept: Master Chief Mii Costume x5
Worm (Worms) x5
Mike Jones x5
Specter Knight x5
[Rerate] Sans x5
Concept: Pokéball Pokémon becomes fighter x5
[Rerate] Crash Bandicoot x5
Lizalfos x4
Toon Zelda x3
Eight (Dragon Quest) x3
[Rerate] Slime (Dragon Quest) x3
Boss: Sans x2
Luminary (Dragon Quest) x2
Urbosa x1
Stahl x1
[Rerate] Steve? x1

Black Mage takes number one from Amy Rose. Nathan Drake swings past Metal Sonic and Erdrick and lands in a tie with Freddi Fish and Luther, and also causes Microsoft rep, Aloy, and Protector to fall off the top 7.

Morrigan Aensland, Palico and Monokuma cross 50 noms.

Farmer digs himself out of the under 25 club.

Today's new nominee is a rerate of Crash Bandicoot, with 5 noms.

Edit: Fire Emblem Three Houses rep is now number one, the rest of the top seven stays the same.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So, a lot of people tried to nab extra noms. Not a lot of people did. Below I'll list the people that did.

Extra 10
@Zeke The Zekenator

Extra 30
Nemuresu Nemuresu
Sid-cada Sid-cada
C chocolatejr9

If you're not on that list and think you should be, please by all means say so. It was very complex checking all these and something might have slipped by me. I've already double checked and I will triple check later.

Also, please check if your noms were counted, especially if you're not on that list. Some people distributed their noms between several characters but ended up not actually getting the noms they thought; on some I could interpret, on some I didn't count anything. Since the day was supposed to be for extra noms, not getting confused and losing them, I'll let people clarify and count them after the fact.

It was also kinda sad to see some of this. It took me over an hour to write my thing and I'm sure I'm not the only one, so it was pretty hard to not give someone noms when they'd gone through so much work. Someone actually didn't even qualify for the regular five noms, even though they wrote about thirteen characters. Yikes.

Amy Rose x115
Impa x106
Nathan Drake x105
[Rerate] Erdrick x102
Metal Sonic x102

100 - 51

Aloy x100
Concept: Fire Emblem Three Houses rep x100
Creeper x94
Tetromino x90
Palico x85
Monokuma x85
Spyro x82
Noctis Lucis Caelum x80
Frogger x80
Morrigan Aensland x80
9-Volt x74
Jin Kazama x65
Kamek x61
Ninten x58
Papyrus x51

50 - 25

X (Mega Man) x44
Frisk x40
Crono x40
Kyle Hyde x40
Decidueye x38
[Rerate] 2B x35
Adeleine (Kirby) x29
Thrall (Warcraft) x25
Cooking Mama x25

Under 25

Gooey (Kirby) x23
Earthworm Jim x20
Glover x20
Reporter & Wrestler x20
Brian (Quest 64) x17
Hector (Fire Emblem) x15
Amaterasu x15
Saber (Fate) x15
Beat (Jet Set Radio) x10
Tora and Poppi x10
Velvet Crowe x10
Black Shadow x8
Marx (Kirby) x7
Blacephalon x5
Neptune x5
Oliver (Ni No Kuni) x5
Courier (Fallout) x5
Scorpion x5
Concept: Another literally who Level-5 Character who's popular in Japan, like Achilles or Mark Evans x5
King Boo x5
Worm (Worms) x5
Mike Jones x5
Specter Knight x5
[Rerate] Sans x5
Lizalfos x4
Toon Zelda x3
Eight (Dragon Quest) x3
Urbosa x1
Stahl x1
[Rerate] Steve? x1

Black Mage takes number one from Amy Rose. Nathan Drake swings past Metal Sonic and Erdrick and lands in a tie with Freddi Fish and Luther, and also causes Microsoft rep, Aloy, and Protector to fall off the top 7.

I did the wants and the chances for everyone in addition to one overall, I made a later edit to my previous post. If it wasnt up to quality or so, just let me know and I'll just move on.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I gave want ratings at first but then I edited in chance ratings way before the day ended since I forgot we had to do that (also because it would've taken me forever to do in one sitting). All of my ratings for the day are at least two sentences for each chance and want rating and I even had a big section at the start talking about assist trophies in general.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
@Zeke The Zekenator Your rating didn't have a want score for Takamaru (it was required to give everyone a chance and want score), and the reasoning for Midna's chance was a sentence short. It was rough not counting them as it was so close, but you did qualify for the extra 10 (they all went to Farmer, I hope that's alright).

Sari Sari I could see all the hard work that had gone into the post (as is the norm with you), but unfortunately you had two sentences for every rating when the rules called for three. So you didn't qualify for anything outside the regular 5 noms.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
@Zeke The Zekenator Your rating didn't have a want score for Takamaru (it was required to give everyone a chance and want score), and the reasoning for Midna's chance was a sentence short. It was rough not counting them as it was so close, but you did qualify for the extra 10 (they all went to Farmer, I hope that's alright).

Sari Sari I could see all the hard work that had gone into the post (as is the norm with you), but unfortunately you had two sentences for every rating when the rules called for three. So you didn't qualify for anything outside the regular 5 noms.
Benefit of the doubt since I usually do two sentences, I say give it to em.

D

Deleted member

Read them again. I rated Takamaru and I thought with Midna was enough. Edit. Nevermind, I thought it was a different issue but I thought abstaining was valid :b

Last edited by a moderator:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Benefit of the doubt since I usually do two sentences, I say give it to em.
You're the boss. I'll edit noms now.

When I do my third pass I'll take this into account to say if there's any case identical to Sari's. If you think you're one, please come forward.

D

Deleted member

You're the boss. I'll edit noms now.

When I do my third pass I'll take this into account to say if there's any case identical to Sari's. If you think you're one, please come forward.
Honest question, is abstaining invalid? Otherwise I'll just skip days in the future.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Honest question, is abstaining invalid? Otherwise I'll just skip days in the future.
It's not invalid generally speaking. You can abstain and still get noms.

For this specific case of the extra noms, it was stated that you had to rate chance and want for every character, so not rating chance for one means you don't qualify for the extra 30.

Basically, the rules for the extra noms were different than the rules for regular noms. Sorry for the confusion.

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Oh, I only qualified for 5? Huh. Gonna go back to 2 by 2 rates.

...I don't have a joke for Vaati.

Chance: 10%. He lacks a spirit (in the form that would be playable) and has a spirit (in something he'd use for a boss fight or his Final Smash) at the same time, so he immediately stands out from the crowd. However he might be Zelda's Geno, in more ways than one, but he doesn't have the absolutely incredible level of support Geno boasts. And he is screwed over by the all-third party thing that might actually be the case, though if we only get three new series like I have as a pocket theory, we might just see him. But that's very unlikely to happen.

Want: 35%. I mean he gets Zelda out of the rut it's been in for the past 11 years, but Minish Cap was a game I never got around to finishing, and frankly I get bored out of my ass playing Four Swords Adventures. Normal Four Swords is okay, but... I'm not gonna hold those against Vaati, who has plenty of potential to stand out and be an extremely interesting character. He also has multi-game cred and I like that. But I have other priorities.

Frisk x 5. Juggling these two like I did Ryu and Sly way back when.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Vaati

Chance - 1.5% - While he does appear as a spirit, it's not as he would most likely appear as a fighter. While this doesn't particularly help or hurt him, it does make it seem like they are reluctant to use his Minish/Hylian form, considering his absence from Warriors. Overall, though, the Zelda Franchise feels like it has plenty of characters, so there really isn't a need for a new one.

Want - 80% - One of my two preferred Zelda newcomers, the other being Tetra. I find the wind mage interesting, as we don't have a wind-based character yet. I also would prefer expand the toon side of Zelda a bit.

Nominations

Palico X5

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Let me guess, I'm not on there because I didn't copy and paste my chance rating 13 times? They all would have had the same score for the exact same reason.
Actually, on cases like yours where you gave a general score for every AT, I just assumed it as if it had been written as many times as necessary. I don't like to penalize people on formatting their posts differently.

The thing with your ratings is that none of them reached six sentences per character. With the new requirement of only the regular four, you still only fulfilled it for six characters, so you almost qualified for 10 extra noms, but not quite.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion

Extra 10
@Zeke The Zekenator

Extra 30
Sari Sari
Nemuresu Nemuresu
Sid-cada Sid-cada
C chocolatejr9

Concept: Fire Emblem Three Houses rep x130
Amy Rose x115
Impa x106
Nathan Drake x105
[Rerate] Erdrick x102
Metal Sonic x102

100 - 51

Aloy x100
Creeper x94
Tetromino x90
Palico x85
Monokuma x85
Spyro x82
Noctis Lucis Caelum x80
Frogger x80
Morrigan Aensland x80
9-Volt x74
Jin Kazama x65
Kamek x61
Ninten x58
Papyrus x51

50 - 25

X (Mega Man) x44
Frisk x40
Crono x40
Kyle Hyde x40
Decidueye x38
[Rerate] 2B x35
Adeleine (Kirby) x29
Thrall (Warcraft) x25
Cooking Mama x25

Under 25

Gooey (Kirby) x23
Earthworm Jim x20
Glover x20
Reporter & Wrestler x20
Brian (Quest 64) x17
Hector (Fire Emblem) x15
Amaterasu x15
Saber (Fate) x15
Beat (Jet Set Radio) x10
Tora and Poppi x10
Velvet Crowe x10
Black Shadow x8
Marx (Kirby) x7
Blacephalon x5
Neptune x5
Oliver (Ni No Kuni) x5
Courier (Fallout) x5
Scorpion x5
King Boo x5
Worm (Worms) x5
Mike Jones x5
Specter Knight x5
[Rerate] Sans x5
Lizalfos x4
Toon Zelda x3
Eight (Dragon Quest) x3
Urbosa x1
Stahl x1
[Rerate] Steve? x1

Edit: Fire Emblem Three Houses rep is now number one, the rest of the top seven stays the same.
Did mine not count? Curious because I probably just missed someone but I thought I got everyone

Top Bottom