• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Tom Nook's overseas cousin

Chance: 1%
A lack of Nintendo appearances will really hurt Sly here. Whilst Cloud and Joker can boast a few spin off appearances and a series start with Nintendo to justify their being here, Sly can't even say he has that to justify it. Add onto the fact that Sony doesn't want to work with Nintendo, unlike Microsoft, and Sony having more popular characters, Sly doesn't have it good.

Want: 50%
Sly... I suppose wouldn't be the worst addition. Truth be told, I don't know much about the Sly series. I've always been more a Nintendo gamer, so most Sony or Microsoft characters would rather be lost on me, but Sly has an interesting enough design. Still, if I were to get a raccoon on the roster, I'd prefer it to be Nintendo's own raccoon, Tom Nook... uh, I mean raccoon dog, err, a tanuki... OK, you still get the gist.

Cubert

Chance: 1.5%
Slightly better odds than Sly due to an NES appearance, but that doesn't help his case much. Realistically, Q*Bert hasn't done much in today's history to warrant being looked at by Nintendo, unless of course they want another third party retro character akin to the Belmonts. But even then, with the Belmonts already doing that, Q*Bert would be more redundant.

Want: 75%
I like Q*Bert's design, and his game play is quite intriguing. The most interesting thing to me would be seeing how his game would reflect in a moveset, like using the spinning discs in his game as his means of recovery, changing the color of platforms on the stage to give him a fighting buff, I do think there's something to work with here. However, I have to concede that whilst it would be cool, time could probably be spent elsewhere, with Q*Bert doing just as well as an assist trophy role.

Story expansion prediction:
I could maybe see some of the spirit board only spirits being added to the main mode, but I would see it as more likely with new spirits. 4.667%

Noms: Kamek x5

Last edited:

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
Hey, if any Sony character could happen, it's probably Q*Bert, though a Sony character is so unlikely I'd still only give him a 2%.

And if Nintendo and Sony actually do want to do a big splash and surprise, they wouldn't go for Sly, they'd go for one of their bigger guns, like Kratos. So I give Sly a 0%.

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Super Smash Bros: PlayStation addition
Sly Cooper
Chance: for ultimate, 0%, for future generations, 1% if there is a surprise newcomer
With PlayStation not going to be in the next E3, very unlikely for Ultimate. However, we don't know what 4 other characters are in the fighters pass, but giving that Cloud and Joker first appeared in PlayStation games, he has the 1%.

On the other hand, since we know his move set from Battle Royale, he would be a fun character to use. And if his franchise is coming back, he would be a success.

Q'ubert
He is very iconic for the retro gaming department, but Sony wont be involved. There are other retro characters that could have a shot however.

Another classic character joining the fight would bring some more potential matches. Q'ubert vs Pac-Man vs Mr. Game and Watch would be a fun match.

Noms: 5 for Concept: Boss Rush

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Sly Cooper and QBert.. Combining them because I have the same analysis for both

Chance: 10 - Doubt it. Sony/Playstation very likely won't play ball which sucks. Lots of very exciting characters could happen if they would, but I don't expect it to happen. As for these two, I think they're both deserving of spots in Smash. Sly was popular enough to get in to PS All Stars and QBert feels iconic enough, but their owners really drag their chances down.

Want: 30 - Would prefer Nathan Drake or Kratos more personally if we're getting a PS/Sony rep

Noms: Porky x5

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master
Sly? Can you read me? Sly!?

Stuck in Ancient Egypt - 0,5 - 1 %.

Yeah, not that keen on Sly's chances. I could see one positive for him at least - that Playstation All Stars crashlanded under some severe mismanagement. That really helped Nintendo's position as King of the (Platform / Mascot) Fighter hill (something Ultimate certainly cemented). No other company can hope to match that in the next 5 years at least. Sony also find themselves in a bit of an awkward situation - yea, they're selling the most and only have the Xbox as a "direct" competitor per se, but if Nintendo's cooperation with Microsoft turns out to be ever tightening Sony will have to find a way and respond. Especially with PS5 / Nextbox speculation kicking into gear slowly but surely. And Sony sticking out for themselves might not be the answer, even if they loathe Nintendo. Sony didn't blow the entire world away by their characters being in Mortal Kombat 9 (Kratos) or Street Fighter X Tekken (Toro/Koro) either, so Smash is the only really viable choice from a purely money perspective. Thing is, it's a real long shot still because of the mutual dislike Nintendo and Sony have. At best.

A Sony rep in Smash could serve as a back up in case dedicated consoles ever become obsolete / much more cost ineffective compared to future methods. I find that unlikely at best, but you never know. Might raise the profile after all, and Sony might not lose that much. The PlayStation's greatest strength is it's consistently very wide net when it comes to games - not its exclusives. There are quite a lot of people who buy PlayStations and Xboxes just for the sports games for example. And they sure as hell won't think that much about a Sony character being in Smash. There are others who will raise hell probably though.

I'm sharing the same negatives as others here. Overshadowed by Kratos / Drake. Franchise needs to be revived / restarted at this point, with confidence in it likewise restored. Etc.

Want: 50 %

That said, Sly's one of the most intriguing Sony choices out there, and would fit Smash like a glove. Not just moveset semi-lifted from Playstation All Stars, but also potential stages and other stuff (like a Carmelita AT). Could also work as a Megaman-esque inclusion, to try and (re)start the character and faith in the brand. Requires a lot, to put it lightly.

Abstain completely on Qbert. Don't know anything about that character.

Noms: Boss Rush concept x5

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Two Sony bois

First boi, Sly

Chances: 0~10%

Can't really say anything regarding chances other than he is one of the Sony mascot created during the PS2 era, he is certainly decent enough to warrant 4 titles if I'm not mistaken and appearances in crossovers like PSASBR. He is certainly not unknown in the Sony fandom, but he is probably one of the picks that are quite a bit unknown to the other consoles.

He is quite dependent on Sony allowing to appear on another console, which can pretty much kill his chances. And even if Sony allows its franchises appearing, I think a few of them like GoW would take priority.

Want: Abstain

While owning a PS2, PS3, PS4, and a Vita, I have yet to touch this series. I know it is a 3D platformer, and Sly has a quite big variety of tools and moves from some previews of his games. He would fit definitely in a cross-over game like Smash, but I really lack any knowledge on his personality or deep knowledge about which things he could bring to a game like Smash so I abstain.

Second boi, Qbert

Chances: 0~10%

It is pretty much in the same spot like Sly of Sony allowing one of its franchises to appear in another console, but it really has the additional legacy of being an older character that was active during the arcade era and even got some games on the NES and SNES if my memory recalls correctly.

It is not an unknown character, but one that has kinda been kinda forgotten (the movie Wreck It Ralph is kinda on the point with this) albeit it is part of the popular culture. I give it the same chance as Sly, given that it is a character that would have a different appeal and push for it.

Want: Abstain

I played a bit of Qbert before, it's a fun game but I really have a problem trying to think about a moveset for it. I think it is a relatively neat idea legacy-wise, but implementation-wise could be an issue. If there's any additional content from Qbert that could ease this, I really don't know about it but since I lack this knowledge I'll just abstain.

Nom: Erdrick Rerate x 5

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

A Slyyyyyyyy W O O D E N___T U B___M A K E R / R E P A I R E R (Sly Cooper)
Chance: 0% what could he even do, build a tub? 0%, I don't think he has a chance because I think he's
Ricegum said:
Irrelevant.
On a serious note, It's hard licensing, for a character almost no one wants (at least I think about no one wants). We already got one PlayStation exclusive for DLC, so I don't want or think another will happen (yeah, I don't even think Crash and Spyro are possible).
Want: 0% , we just gotten a thief for DLC, why another (especially one that's ALSO PS exclusive). Plus I hate Racoons.

Wait why is a Peashooter walking?! (Q*Bert)
Chance: -1982%, There are hundreds of things I find wrong with this, AT LEAST Freddi Fish has arms (kind of, I mean fins are basically the exact same as human arms, except cut off the arms and the stub is ran over by a rolling pin)!! I quoted someone for Sly, and I will quote someone here too...
Gnoggin from his Video "Smash Ultimate: Who ELSE could survive? | Gnoggin - World of Light Theory" (first time he says it is at 4:31) said:
What's he gonna do? Jump?
I mean, from what I remember his snout does nothing, and he just, J U M P S. Sure, Mario and Luigi are also know for their jumping, but they do more than jumping!
I don't even have a joke for this (besides the really terrible Peashooter joke I made above).
Want: 0%, Its a armless circle with a useless snout. I don't think I really need to say anything else, Just LOOK at him. If we have to get an arcade game rep, let it be Scorpion (Mortal Kombat) (technically counts).

Nominations:
Freddi Fish and Luther x5

Last edited by a moderator:

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
Abstaining on Sly Cooper; I just don't have much to say about his inclusion.

Q*Bert

Chance: 0.3% - He's a classic character, but one who for the longest time probably faded away into obscurity. However, he's getting a bit more attention nowadays (all thanks to Wreck It Ralph I suppose), but he still isn't super likely by any means.

Want: 20% - I think he'd be a funny addition. Q*Bert's a pretty fun old-school game. Don't think I'd be all that keen on paying for him as DLC since I have no idea what his moveset would even consist of, but I'm certainly open to the idea.

Nominations:
Frogger x5

Last edited:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Sly Cooper

Chance - 0% - Sly has never had a appearance on a Nintendo Console, not even technically. On top of being owned by a third party that has had notoriously bad relastionships with Nintendo, and you have a character that I can't see getting in under any circumstances.

Want - 25% - Eh... not really interested. No attachment in the character, and I look for different things in a Smash Bros. character.

Q*Bert

Chance - 0.05% - Q*Bert has some retro street cred, but that's about all he has going for him. Not the most recognizable next to Pac-man, or even still notable today, I don't think he's likely at all.

Want - 35% - Kinda cool, but not what I want. I feel there are better characters out there, and I'd rather not give a slot to him right now.

Nominations

Palico X5

Last edited:

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Sly Cooper
Chance: 0% - Sadly, the fact that he’s a Sony property pretty much ruins any chance he has of ever making it into Smash. Even if by some fluke we do end up getting a Sony character, I honestly think we’d be more likely to get Kratos or Ratchet and Clank who seem higher up in Sony’s priorities.
Want: 90% - I actualy have very fond memories of playing Sly 3 with my little sister (especially the pirate level) and it was one of my favourite games on the PlayStation 2. Sly would definitely have the potential for a very fun move pool in Smash. Unfortunately it seems we’ll have to settle for his role in PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale as the closest thing we’ll get to this.

Q*bert
Chance: 0% - He’s also a Sony character and he’s a LOT further down on the priority order than Sly is. Despite being from one of the most iconic early arcade games as well as being one of the first few defined video game characters, Q*bert failed to capitalize on his popularity the same way that Pac-man, Donkey Kong, and “Jump Man” did. Sony attempted to renew the franchise after over a decade hiatus with Q*bert Rebooted in 2014, but it apparently bombed. It’s tragic, but I don’t think we’ll see our favourite floor painter make a comeback anytime soon, let alone in Smash.
Want: 100% - I’m the fool who made the Q*bert support thread. The series boasts game play that is both unique and very addictive. I also love his cute design and his bizarrely specific task of changing the color of the floor. I can also sort of appreciate having characters in Smash that actually have a long history in the industry and if by some freakish miracle he made it in, he’d be the 5th oldest character on the roster after Mr. Game & Watch, Pac-man, Mario, and Donkey Kong.

Nominations: Persona Spirits x5

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Sly Cooper
Chance:
1%
For all the talk of wanting Smash to be gaming's greatest crossover, Sly is a purely Sony property and I just don't see it happening. For one, if they added a Sony character I feel like Sly would be maybe third on the list, or even fourth depending on characters like Kratos and Aloy. For another, a Sony character is such a wild longshot. At least Microsoft is showing signs of cooperating with Nintendo with crossplay and shared ads.

I'll go in the middle here because hot dang I loved me some Sly growing up but I also never really want anyone whose never been on Nintendo (except 2B). Amazing games, especially Sly 3, and though we haven't had a Sly in a while I wouldn't say the series is dead. Tons of moveset potential too, very sneaky and fast playstyle, cute design that would fit very well, and I always felt like he was an interesting dark horse pick if and only if a Sony rep was even a possibility just because he'd fit that Nintendo style.

More than anything, I wish we could have a new PSASBR with a roster that didn't have a bunch of weird gaps in it. My friend and I once made a list of characters we would add in a hypothetical sequel with the caveat of keeping the first game's roster in it's entirety and we realized that if the gameplay was tweaked and the roster filled in just a bit you'd have a really nice Smash alternative full of very cool characters to enjoy. Shame.

Q*Bert
Chance/Want:
Double abstain.
I have no real interest in rating Q*Bert as a playable character. He's a legendary figure, a classic one, and I have a lot of love and nostalgia for that original game and still think the little trick they pulled with the pinball is clever and fun. However, I think Q*Bert would make for a very fun assist trophy, hopping around the stage being chased by enemies until he hops off the edge and does his little swear bubble. That would be fun.

Nominations: Lora (Xenoblade) x5

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Man, I've been gone for too long.

Sly and the other guy
Chance for both: 0%
Since both these characters are owned by Sony, I'm just gonna quote what I said the last time we rated a Sony character.
Nathan Drake
Chance: 0%
He's owned by Sony, he will never be in Smash.
Seriously, I'm not sure why anyone is giving him anything above a 0. Sony has made it pretty clear that they don't care about Nintendo, so them having a character in Smash wouldn't make sense.
Want for both: 0% Sony has it's own Smash Bros. It doesn't need any characters here.

Prediction for the next thing: 5%
Noms: SE rep x5

SKX31

Smash Master
I wish we could get a sequel to PlayStation All-Stars. So many characters that could go there.
Fully agree with you and Flyboy. Shame that Sony only half-heartedly committed to All-Stars and left Superbot to the ashheaps of history in the aftermath.

One thing I see rarely mentioned about that game is that PSASBR started development post-Brawl. All-Stars needed to at least come close to Brawl's production values and also, as Flyboy said, tweak the gameplay and add a few more characters.

Alas, we know what happened. I'm really doubting that Sony revives All-Stars any time soon. So I guess Sony characters are in limbo. Where the golden exit is just ready to burst into an Internet flame war if they somehow get through to it.

D

Deleted member

Sly Cooper
Double abstain, cause I know nothing about his games lol

Q-Bert
Chance - 0%
Apparently Sony owns him so I think that shuts it down lol
Want - 20%
He could be a neat representative of the arcade era, however I think there are other characters that we already have for that and other characters that would be better suited for the same role. But, if he were to be included, I wouldn't be against it at all lol.

Nominations:
Erdrick rerate x5

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
Playstation Rat
Want: 25%

Random Sony character that is fairly obscure and was in the dumpster fire Smash knockoff game called PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale. Not gonna happen whatsoever, considering the major amount of competition he has. If a current Sony character gets in, it would probably be Kratos or Nathan Drake. (Crash and Spyro no longer count.) Also I'd prefer Sackboy or Spike from Ape Escape myself. Sly can stay in PSASBR for all I care.

(Also there's this live action Sly Cooper movie coming soon, and it looks really weird...)

Orange*Squidward
Want: 53%

Are @JDCabrera and I the only ones who thought Q*Bert was an Atari or Namco character? No? Ok then. Considering he's now owned by Sony, his chances are pretty much dead. The 1% is for being an iconic retro character that would make a good unexpected surprise pick. He's not obscure, so he's also got that going for him. But the new ownership and the massive competition from both Sony and other retro characters really kill him for this fighters pass. It's a shame because he would make a cool retro character in my opinion alongside PAC-MAN. Also, he looks like Squidward which gives him 3 bonus points in want score.

WoL Expansion: 2.83%

Tetromino x5

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Sly Cooper

Chance: 3%

If a Sony rep got in it would be either Nathan Drake or Kratos, two characters who are much more iconic and relevant. The reason why he has a 3% instead of 1% is because he would fit into Smash quite well and would probably be easier to implement than the aforementioned characters due to their use of realistic guns and brutal reputation respectively , although you could say the same thing about Ratchet and Clank who is again, more relevant and arguably more popular.

Want: 60%

While I would prefer Nathan or Kratos, Sly Cooper would have such a cool moveset with his cane being a unique weapon and his use of all sorts of gadgets. I've played all 4 Sly Cooper games and I really like the character and I have nostalgia for the franchise.

Q Bert:

Him being owned by Sony kills his chances. He is an iconic retro character, but with so many characters who would make Nintendo more money, it would not make sense (Again, Nathan and Kratos). I can't see it happening.

Want: 25%

I would kind of like him, but since he is owned by Sony, seeing him get in the roster over any of Sony's own great mascots would honestly hurt.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Sly Cooper

Chance: 0.01%

-His series isn't really alive right now, sure he has that animated show, but that's it.
-He's owned by Sony, who would probably want another character.

Want: ABSTAINED

-Never played any of the games, so I can't comment.

Q Bert

Chance: 0.01%

-Another Sony character
-They would robably would want someone else, like Kratos instead

Want: ABSTAINED.

-Same reason as Sly.

Nominate DLC Challenges x5

fleshdude.gov

Smash Journeyman
Concept: Wrath Of (the) Lamb Expansion

Chance: 20%
We know that there are dummy slots for character unlocks in WoL, which are almost certainly for the DLC characters. Therefore, I have to lend this possibility at least some credence.

However, I find the most likely scenario to be that they are simply auto-unlocked for use after meeting some arbitrary requirement, like Pirahna Plant. Besides, where would you even put the expansion on the map, anyways? World of Light is full (and long) enough as it is. Not to mention the amount of work that would go into planning, designing, and implementing the expansion.

Want: 0%
As I stated previously, World of Light is more than long enough as it is. Please don't make me need to do more of it.

Nomination: Glover x5

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Concept: World of Light expansion

I think free DLC spirit battles are the closest that we'll get to this. WoL is already incredibly big so I don't see why Sakurai would go out of his way to add more to it when he has higher priorities like characters and stages.

Gonna be honest... I'm really not a fan of WoL. I haven't even bothered to finish the first world yet because traveling around the map is monotonous as hell and the battles get old really quickly. The spirit fights range from extremely easy if you equip the rights spirits to incredibly infuriating that they aren't even fun (looking at you Pauline and 9-Volt/18-Volt). I have zero interest in seeing another version of this.

Tracer chance prediction: 22.83% (this day is sure to be interesting)

Nominations:
Concept: Fire Emblem Three Houses rep x5

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Expand... You know the meme

Chance: 4%
I'm gonna low-ball this, but yeah, doesn't look plausible. If they were working on such a thing, they would've announced it. More than likely we'll get new Spirits just added to the board, and the characters just unlocked in WoL...

Want: 100%
Which is a shame, because I heckin love World of Light. I love Spirit fights as a concept, but the randomness and pointlessness of the Spirit Board makes it dreadfully boring for me. I want a goal, an objective, even - no, especially - a narrative one. It'd be bonkers, exploring a Palace as the Smash crew, maybe other places? Mushroom Forest? Grunty's Lair? Raccoon City? A courtroom?

ahem

It wouldn't be hard, it could be an isolated thing like the Great Plains or Castlevania (in fact, give me a Ninja Gaiden level like the Castlevania one).

Noms: Crono X5

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Is it a coincidence that James Gunn gets rehired the same day we rate Sly Cooper, another famous fictional raccoon?

Yeah probably but it's still awesome.

Porky Minch x150
Ryu Hayabusa x150
Concept: Boss Rush x145
Yuri Lowell x133
Bonkers (Kirby) x130
Concept: Undertale rep x130
Amy Rose x115
Brash the Bear x115

150 - 101

Impa x106
Lora (Xenoblade) x105
Freddi Fish and Luther (Freddi Fish) x105

100 - 51

Nathan Drake x100
Concept: Microsoft Rep x100
Aloy x100
Protector (Etrian Odyssey) x100
[Rerate] Erdrick x100
Concept: Third-party character from unrepped Company x98
Black Mage (Final Fantasy) x95
Creeper x92
Boss: Kracko x85
Noctis Lucis Caelum x75
Frogger x75
Concept: Fire Emblem Three Houses rep x75
Tetromino x75
9-Volt x74
Metal Sonic x70
Spyro x67
Jin Kazama x65
Ninten x58

50 - 25

Morrigan Aensland x50
Papyrus x46
X (Mega Man) x44
Kamek x41
Frisk x40
Concept: Square Enix rep x40
Decidueye x38
Concept: Assist Trophy becomes Fighter x30
[Rerate] 2B x30
Palico x30
Monokuma x30
Adeleine (Kirby) x27
Thrall (Warcraft) x25
Cooking Mama x25
Concept: DLC challenges x25

Under 25

Gooey (Kirby) x22
Boss: Perfect Chaos x20
Earthworm Jim x20
Hector (Fire Emblem) x15
Pyra & Mythra (sans Rex) x15
Reporter & Wrestler x15
Crono x15
Kyle Hyde x15
Concept: Free updates (Splatoon-style) x13
Brian (Quest 64) x12
Concept: Persona Spirits x12
Concept: Dragalia Lost rep x10
Concept: Bethesda rep x10
Frog (Chrono Trigger) x10
Amaterasu x10
Beat (Jet Set Radio) x10
Tora and Poppi x10
Concept: Spectator Emotes x10
Concept: Spirits aren’t disconfirmations x10
Saber (Fate) x10
Marx (Kirby) x7
Concept: Another joke character x7
Black Shadow x6
Concept: Lord Fredrik as an Echo Fighter of K. Rool x6
Blacephalon x5
Zhao Yun (Dynasty Warriors) x5
Neptune x5
Concept: Crazi Taxi rep x5
Oliver (Ni No Kuni) x5
Courier (Fallout) x5
Scorpion x5
Concept: Another literally who Level-5 Character who's popular in Japan, like Achilles or Mark Evans x5
Starman (Pro Wrestling) x5
Malzahar (League of Legends) x5
King Boo x5
Concept: Master Chief Mii Costume x5
Worm (Worms) x5
Mike Jones x5
Specter Knight x5
Concept: New modes x5
[Rerate] Sans x5
Lizalfos x4
Toon Zelda x3
Eight (Dragon Quest) x3
[Rerate] Slime (Dragon Quest) x3
Boss: Sans x2
Luminary (Dragon Quest) x2
Urbosa x1
Stahl x1
[Rerate] Steve? x1

Ryu Hayabusa climbs the ranks quickly, and is now tied with Porky Minch for first place.

Lora and Freddi Fish and Luther float past 100 noms.

Concept: DLC Challenges nabs 25 noms.

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
Concept: World of Light Expansion

Chance: 25%
DLC picks might adds extra themed sections to the World of Light map, allowing people to easily access new spirits, but that's all that I can imagine them doing. World of Light is sparse on actual story events, so all that an expansion could/would really offer is another flat background to admire while travelling to more spirit battles (which you'd think the Spirit Board is already for.) Easy, perhaps, but not particularly worthwhile.

Want: 35%
Unless they got someone else to write a complex story for the expansion - which'd already be a far cry from World of Light - I don't see any reason to continue that adventure any further. It's lengthy enough as is, and wrapped itself up satisfyingly enough - there's not really any loose ends to pursue, unless one was really invested in the lore of light and darkness in the Smash universe.

Nominations
The Heavy (Team Fortress 2) x5

BowserKing

Smash Lord

Chance: 20 to 25%
Most likely case scenario, you will be playing as the newcomers. But who knows what will happen, but I think there could be more stuff.

Want: 65%
It would be cool if we can free more fighters, and fight more bosses and spirits. But I'd also like to see more cutscenes, or at least expand the opening cutscene. My choices for bosses would be Giratina and if Steve joins the battle, the Ender Dragon.

Noms: 2 for Adeleine and 3 for Concept: Pokeball Pokémon Promotion

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
chance 40%
they could always add something new to the game when each charcter comes out like stage builder and home run contest are so its not out of the relm of possibility. And I loved WOL so I am all for it but I could see them thinking WOL is good as is.

want 100%
I loved WOL it was a fun mode to play and while it was not up to Brawl standards I'm glad we got it. I just really hope if we were to get this it would come with a few more cutscence or thinks like the food race.

nominating metal sonic x5

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Chance: 50%
I feel it could go either way, honestly. Do they feel that expanding the mode is worth it? Then they'll probably do it. Otherwise, they'll just put them on the Spirit Board.
Honestly, as long as we get more creative Spirit Battles, I'm okay with whatever ends up happening. Although I am aware that Spirits as a whole are very controversial...

Nominations: Monokuma x5

Neosonic97

Smash Journeyman
An expansion to World of Light

My opinion is very much the same as chocolatejr9's; it could very much go either way. Depends on if Nintendo thinks WoL is worth expanding.

Want: 70%
I enjoyed WoL to the point where I never got bored, even on the tougher Spirit Battles. I'd totally be fine with it, as long as any content they DO add to WoL is interesting. My main hope, however, if we get a WoL expansion, is more bosses.

Noms: Yuri Lowell x5

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Expand Light:

Chance: 40% - With the work they're putting into DLC characters and maybe other stuff like side-modes, I'm not sure they'll do an expansion for World of Light, or at least not anything big. They could do it, though, it just depends on what Sakurai thinks and if Nintendo allows it.

Want: 50% - On one hand, it'd give more story and some extra playtime in World of Light. On the other hand, I won't really care much unless it includes cutscenes and levels similar to Subspace Emissary (minus the generic locations), and it's nice having Claus, Hinawa, and Masked Man be the last Spirits in the mode, plus the story feels pretty finished unless the final cutscene needs some explanation (honestly I just thought they were going to the real world, so I don't know what's really going on in that scene). I guess I could lean more in favor of the expansion, but that depends on how they do it; if it was just more levels and stuff, I'd likely just feel like "meh, okay" aside from any potential new bosses that may be cool.

Nominations:

Porky Minch x3
Creeper x2

Last edited:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
World of Light Expansion

Chance: 50- Was thinking at first that this was deconfirmed since Piranha Plant didn't get one, but that could have been because he was first party I suppose? Either way I don't think that Plant not getting one helps the chances of this happening. I do think it could happen since there are DLC spirits in the game and we do know that DLC characters are in World of Light, we just don't know if it's possible to fight them

Want : 80 -Yeah, that would be pretty fun. Would love to be able to fight a bunch of spirits from the DLC games, especially Persona.

Noms -
Porky x5

Last edited:

FancySmash

Smash Lord
So, how do you physically expand a world made entirely of light?

Chance: 10%
I think it's more likely that we'll see added spirit battles, but not in the World of Light. The spirit board for all intents and purposes is just easier to edit. We also have to consider that WoL is already quite large, and that's not even considering it's "new game plus."

TBH, I wasn't a big fan of World of Light. I just didn't understand the appeal sometimes. I mean, what's the difference fighting this character with an electric floor vs. fighting that character with an electric floor. I will admit, an expansion could add more variety that's part of the problem I currently have, but even still, World of Light quite drained me doing it due to it's length.

Tracer Prediction:
If there was to be an Overwatch character in the game, this would probably be it. If. 16.6%

Nominations: Kamek x5

D

Deleted member

"Story" mode expansion, spoilers obviously.

Its a coin toss, depending totally on Sakurai's wanting to add more to the WoL. Nintendo is not stranger to additional single player content considering Splatoon 2, a heavily focused MP game, got a meaty single player campaign with Octo Expansion. But that said we have yet to see if Sakurai would add something like this after the rumored dlc modes we're getting in 3.0, and how much effort would making extra maps would take.

Im kind of torn on this on two fronts, I liked the story mode for the most part but I feel they could've done a bit better as the overworld in the first part is just kinda boring. The dungeons of both halves were great due to the constant need to solve puzzles like in the Cv one, or just how they implemented the series they were based on like SF going around the world. I would hope that the potential dlc would focus more on this aspect but since quality could vary a lot, thats something Im just wary of.

That said my biggest issue with this would be something that was mentioned before with the 100 characters dlc, which is the price. Right now the fighter pass is almost half of Ultimate's price, and if we go by current datamines and the Mii costumes potentially returning, the dlc could very well eclipse the base game cost. The expansion could very well be free but until

I know that the DoA series and a lot of companies have pricey dlc, but it is a road that I would not rather have smash going as well if possible.

Nom. Amateratsu x 5.

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
Why the hell wasn't I getting alerted about this thread? My day has been extremely inactive on Smashboards because of it.

EXPANDING THE FLAT EARTH OF BRIGHTNESS (OR NOT...)
Want: 47%

My chance rating is pretty harsh, but it's for a good reason. Sakurai is extremely overworked and has been experiencing health issues as a result. He has frequent stomach issues and would sometimes continue to work with an IV drip in his arm. He already finished the game, and is working on the fighters pass. (And two returning game modes found in the files.) Expanding an already massive gamemode would be way too much work for him to deal with as of now, and I think WoL is big enough already. Besides, I still have yet to bother completing WoL despite being so hyped for it pre-release. I just don't have the time to complete it, when school is stressing me out, and I have to worry about college applications. I also get most of my experience out of the spirit board, which is what WoL mostly consists of: spirit battles. It would be nice, but I'd rather him focus on the fighters and the season pass. Plus, if Sakurai wanted to add more spirits from P5 for example, there's the spirit board which would make development much easier.

Tracer: 26.04%

Tetromino x5

I get that most people here are exclusively Nintendo gamers, but calling Sly Cooper obscure is just flat out incorrect.
My bad. I was unaware of the series' popularity because I've never heard of Sly Cooper until he was nominated. I have some Sony experience though, but I mostly stick to Nintendo and Microsoft.

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master
So, how do you physically expand a world made entirely of light?
Probably by having a Godlike-entity do give it more light. In this case, Sakurai.

Chance: 15 %

Yeah, I'm pretty much on the low end on this one. I could see it if there are extra dungeons, but where would one add them in the map? Perhaps dungeons within existing dungeons (Any Persona dungeon could go into Dracula's Castle if that's the case)? But it's easier to just go with the Spirit Board. Something I lean towards due to the extra work and small DLC staff that we know off.

Want: 60 %

It's nice (as someone who has 100 % it) to have more available, but most of the spirits are busywork. And I a) enjoyed WoL a lot and b) am the kind of person who enjoys overpowered, insanely broken spirit combinations as well as self-imposed challenges. Still, if they could find a way to get new cutscenes and side story elements into the game, there could be a lot of value in it. Additional Spirits on the Spirit Board are more likely, and it's a "Eh." in my eyes.

Still, it's not a huge deal no matter what.

Tracer: 25-ish %
Noms: Yuri Lowell x5

Top Bottom