• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
With the ever-increasing rumors about Microsoft being more open with Nintendo, people should just keep nominating Concept: Microsoft rep since it's already at 100 noms. I feel that would kill a lot of birds with one stone (Cuphead, Banjo, Steve, etc.).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

With the ever-increasing rumors about Microsoft being more open with Nintendo, people should just keep nominating Concept: Microsoft rep since it's already at 100 noms. I feel that would kill a lot of birds with one stone (Cuphead, Banjo, Steve, etc.).
With the way the DLC speculation cycle goes, there's still a lot of time until the end of the fighter pass. Plus a lot of developments could change the perception one way or another in the long run. I think its fine to discuss the possibility in general just like the SNK rep, but there's something we can discuss about each pick particularly so we can also talk about them individually. At least it makes a few of us to try and think about the character in particular, sometimes one that we haven't thought about in particular.

Last edited by a moderator:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Tracer

Chance: 5%

- No I don't see it.
-Mainly because it's more likely for someone like Diablo to get in as a Blizzard rep as he's an iconic villain in gaming history.

Want: 0%

-Like I said before, my tolerance for Blizzard's antics is very low right now
-So I don't want to spend a dime on anything from Blizzard.

Nominate Velvet Crowe x5

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Character That Is Being Rated Way Too High
Chance: 0.1%
Tracer is well-known character from a game that sold a lot.
And that's it.
There isn't any major demand for her to be in Smash, her parent company doesn't have any special relation with Nintendo, and her game hasn't even been released on any Nintendo platforms. She's also owned by a western company, which seem to have a problem with getting playable characters in Smash. If we ever got a Western character, it would probably be one that people actually want.
As I've said before, Overwatch should stay as far away from Smash as possible. There's several better western series to choose from.

Poochy prediction: 5%
Noms: SE rep x5

Anyway, can we start the next day already?

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
Tracer

It's a non-zero chance, especially after the big splash that Overwatch made when it initially released. The idea of any shooting game really breaking into mainstream gamer consciousness all by itself - which is to say, not riding on some bigger trend like Fortnite or Apex Legends did, but instigating the trend itself - is damn hard, and there's a lot to praise about how what it did right.

However, some of those qualities were things that turned out to only be good at the time of release. As the years start to pass, Overwatch finds itself struggling to have that same hold that more established shooters like Team Fortress 2 or CounterStrike have, getting tied into the idea that only new characters can sustain a game's longevity. Does the core gameplay loop still hold up on its own, or are there aspects of it that don't really work out in the long run? Of course, these are things that aren't apparent in its launch year - but we're well past that point already, as would any current perspectives looking into the franchise.

Want: 5%
Tracer's a little pushed for my tastes. She was initially heralded as the defacto face of the roster, but it was other characters such as Mercy and Genji who would turn out to be the most popular symbols of Overwatch. I feel like if Sakurai really wanted an Overwatch representative, he'd opt for someone more naturally-associated with the game than the one pushed by Blizzard, a little similarly to how he went for Classic Pac-man over the modern redesign that Namco wanted to show.

Blizzard's also recently come under fire for things more reminiscent of its Activision side, between Diablo mobile, axeing Heroes of the Storm's tournament league, layoffs, and the latest World of Warcraft expansion not being too player-friendly. There's nothing stopping Nintendo from nabbing a Blizzard character, but it'd certainly leave a bad taste in my mouth if it happened while they'd yet to make up for these things.

Nominations
Heavy x5

Last edited:

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Tracer:

She isn't impossible, but I don't really see her being very likely. The only thing that could go for her is if Blizzard brought Overwatch to the Switch and she was included to promote that. As of now, nothing is pointing to that.

She's one of those characters that feels a bit pushed. I don't know what it really is, but I just don't want her in.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Tracer

Chance: 10%
Despite the low rating that I gave her. There is a very small chance that Nintendo might pick her as DLC because Overwatch was extremely popular back in 2016 and still is to this day. Still, I don't see her happening.

Not only do I dislike Blizzard's recent controversies, but I also dislike the direction that Blizzard took with Overwatch. It's a game with many problems that caused me to stop playing it. And besides, if there will ever be a Blizzard character in Smash, I'd prefer Diablo or Arthas instead.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Tracer

10% Chance

A dark horse candidate for sure. Joker and Cloud May sho ya that Nintendo relevancy is not mandatory, but their series had some history on Nintendo. Tracer does not. The moment she gets a port to the switch I think it will make more sense.

Overwarch is a big game. Millions upon millions sold. It is a worldwide phenomenon. At least it was (I have heard that numbers of players is lower now then around launch by a good bit). Regardless, it is a big game from the post smash 4 era. I could see it on the short list.

The biggest problem I feel Tracer has is competition. Crash in my opinion is the character that is the most underrated right now for dlc (I may have a bias rn but I am cautiously optimistic). Crash post N Sane has gotten a lot of discussion from people both here and outside of Smashboards. He is a very popular choice both here and in Japan. I feel that he would be chosen first.

Overall, a character to keep an eye on. A switch port, Crash getting in, and more info and DLc could look good for her.

80% want

I have a difficult relationship with overwatch. I feel that it misses marks as it does not due enough with its world or embraces its silliness. I feel that post release I have truly enjoyed three heroes (Ana, Doomfist, Ashe, Baptiste is ok but I need more time with him). I fell out of love with the game and have not yet played it much anymore.

That being said, I would feel she would fit right in. She has a great design that fits in decently with Nintendo’s cast. The potential for a unique locale for Overwatch as a stage is great too. My choice would be either Kings Row or Numbani. I could easily see her moveset dance in my head. Zoning with pistol shots, a blink gimmick for up and side specials, a rewind down b. She makes sense to me.

So why is she not higher? Well first Crash bias. But secondly, music. Overwarch ain’t known for tunes. The best tunes are in the shorts but even then I feel that musically it would not bring much. Music is a big deal for smash for me, it’s part of the reason I would be OK with Sans or even Steve; the music in those games are there. Overwarch doesn’t have that.

Heavy x 5

Day will end tomorrow morning for real this time I promise.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Tracer gets a 90% want from me.

She's a character who's got tons of personality and charm, neat abilities with her time powers, and is incredibly iconic despite only existing for a few years. Plus, more LGBT characters is always a neat plus.

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
I have truly enjoyed three heroes (Ana, Doomfist, Ashe, Baptiste is ok but I need more time with him).
I highly recommend trying out Baptiste. I found him pretty easy to pick up and use effectively, but I only played him for a day because I caught a really bad cold. Really good in my opinion. He's definitely a :starman::starman: difficulty rather than :starman::starman::starman:.

Rating coming soon.

D

Deleted member

Alright Poochy

Wait wrong image but whatever...

Chance: 25%

I feel that he is certainly popular and belongs to the Yoshi series which is also popular (although he appeared in Odyssey as well), he has appeared since the SNES, was given great focus on the 3DS port of Wooly World and is going to appear in the upcoming Yoshi's Crafted World.

Main issue with him is that he is a secondary character and one that assists Yoshi to traverse the levels, rather than being a character that has unique mechanics in the game. It's hard to think of things he can bring that are not already being represented by Yoshi other than stages (possibly his pups but have little creativity to implement it).

Want: 20%

He would be great as an assist, but being playable is hard to think of considering his limited role on the games he is in. If he makes in, he would be pretty much a Captain Falcon situation where his moveset is pretty much invented from scratch. Sakurai could make it work, but is a situation where until I see him in action, I'm pretty much neutral for him but if he is cool enough I would like him.

To be honest, while I like Poochy and his design, I feel that he could work as an AT that searches for items or allows the character who invoked him to ride him.

Nom. Farmer from Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons x 5

Neosonic97

Smash Journeyman
A stupid dog that no doubt caused MANY deaths in that one level in Super Mario Land 2: Yoshi's Island

Chance: 5%.
Poochy is a secondary character in the Yoshi series, and one who doesn't do much aside from act as a moving platform to get Yoshi across dangerous obstacles (Although he's tough to control, hence the joke. You know the level I'm talking about). At best he'd be an assist trophy, but even the gimmick Poochy has is taken by one of the Pokeball summons, specifically Gogoat. And as far as I can gather, I don't think we're going to be getting any other Yoshi characters, period (The only possible example of a Yoshi character would be Kamek, but let's be real here; he more acts like a Mario character nowadays anyway).

Want: A big, fat zero%.
Even as an assist Trophy, Poochy really wouldn't bring anything new. Again, Gogoat already does the 'moving platform' gimmick, and I'd argue better than what Poochy would do.

Noms: Yuri Lowell x5

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Poochy

Chance: 7%
Poochy is in an interesting position in that there is a Yarn Poochy spirit but not a regular Poochy spirit. Whether that matters at all depends upon your thoughts on spirits, though personally I don't think it really changes anything. They probably just wanted Poochy to be represented in some form and grabbed the most recent version of the character. It's not like Poochy has some required right that the regular version of him has to be present in Smash somehow since he isn't a spirit.

That said though, the recent yarn Yoshi games seem to have been performing well and Poochy has been getting a lot of love in them (heck, the 3DS port of Woolly World was even called Poochy and Yoshi's Woolly World). I'm still convinced this DLC wave will be mainly third party, but I can kind of see Poochy being a first party candidate.

Want: 25%
I never really cared about Poochy until I saw these adorable Woolly World promo videos. Granted I still want other characters but I think he'd be a great addition as a second Yoshi rep.

Also I dare someone to look at this face and say: "you do not belong in Smash Bros."

Screenshot_20190323-165518~2.png

Kat & Ana chance prediction: 3.42%

Nominations:
Concept: Fire Emblem Three Houses rep x5

Ornl

Smash Ace
Poochy
Chance
: 0%.
Want
: I am in favor of Poochy becoming an Assist Trophee.

Who never saw it coming forward, new to the series, just like Joker from Persona 5 : it's emblematic of the approach that Mr. Sakurai and the team are taking with the DLC. - Reggie
Yoshi series is a spin-off of Mario. Mario has just had a new DLC Fighter. Yarn Poochy already exists in Spirit. Like Chibi Robo, Loot Goblin, Monster Hunter characters and Solaire, he also exists in Amiibo, which makes he visible and therefore expected (in my opinion).

Sakurai wants characters that are unique, different, to bring them into the Smash Bros environment. Ultimate would bring just a whole different level of fun and enjoyment for the player. - Reggie
Poochy can be ridden... by Yoshi who can be ridden himself. No gameplay for Smash Bros could make he unique, fun or different (in my opinion).
Sans titre-1.jpg

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Poochy went back to his home planet and died

Chance: 1%
He's a Spirit. If Yoshi were to get a second character (and that's a big if, given the series' treatment) it would be Kamek, no doubt. Plus, I honestly don't think Poochy has any material for a moveset.

Want: 57%
Honestly I don't care. But Poochy fulfills everything I want in characters (that being a Nintendo character with at least an important role within their series). I actually want Kamek though, so if Poochy got in I'd be kinda miffed, but not too much. He's alright in my book.

Noms: Crono x5

Last edited:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Poochy

Chance: 0 - ..... what? Ok, so he's a spirit, which is kills his chances pretty hard. Also is 1st party and would mean getting another rep from Yoshi, which I also really don't seeing happen. Long story short, he's not getting in the game. Feel like he'd not even crack a top 20 list for most likely 1st party characters.

Want: 10 - Assist Trophy feels like a better role for him.

Noms:
Porky
x5

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Poochy

I'm not completely ruling out the possibility. However, I don't think he necessarily fits the bill of "characters you wouldn't expect." By that, I mean I don't think he would be as much of a surprise as most other characters, since he's a relatively popular Nintendo-owned character, and could be considered a "safe pick."

Want: 50%
Honestly, I'm pretty indifferent towards Poochy. I've never played a Yoshi game (though I'm getting Crafted World), so I've never experienced him for myself. That being said, I wouldn't be upset over his inclusion, as I think he could bring a lot to the table.

Nominations: Monokuma x5

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Ryu Hayabusa x165
Porky Minch x163
Yuri Lowell x148
Concept: Boss Rush x145
Bonkers (Kirby) x130
Concept: Undertale rep x130
Amy Rose x115
Brash the Bear x115
Lora (Xenoblade) x115

150 - 101

Impa x106
Freddi Fish and Luther (Freddi Fish) x105
Black Mage (Final Fantasy) x105

100 - 51

Nathan Drake x100
Concept: Microsoft Rep x100
Aloy x100
Protector (Etrian Odyssey) x100
[Rerate] Erdrick x100
Concept: Third-party character from unrepped Company x98
Creeper x94
Boss: Kracko x85
Concept: Fire Emblem Three Houses rep x85
Tetromino x85
Metal Sonic x85
Noctis Lucis Caelum x80
Frogger x75
9-Volt x74
Spyro x72
Jin Kazama x65
Ninten x58

50 - 25

Morrigan Aensland x50
Papyrus x46
Kamek x46
Concept: Square Enix rep x45
X (Mega Man) x44
Frisk x40
Palico x40
Monokuma x40
Decidueye x38
[Rerate] 2B x35
Concept: Assist Trophy becomes Fighter x30
Concept: DLC challenges x30
Adeleine (Kirby) x29
Thrall (Warcraft) x25
Cooking Mama x25

Under 25

Gooey (Kirby) x22
Boss: Perfect Chaos x20
Earthworm Jim x20
Crono x20
Kyle Hyde x20
Brian (Quest 64) x17
Hector (Fire Emblem) x15
Pyra & Mythra (sans Rex) x15
Reporter & Wrestler x15
Amaterasu x15
Heavy (Team Fortress) x15
Concept: Free updates (Splatoon-style) x13
Concept: Spirits aren’t disconfirmations x13
Concept: Persona Spirits x12
Concept: Dragalia Lost rep x10
Concept: Bethesda rep x10
Frog (Chrono Trigger) x10
Beat (Jet Set Radio) x10
Tora and Poppi x10
Concept: Spectator Emotes x10
Saber (Fate) x10
Glover x10
Marx (Kirby) x7
Concept: Another joke character x7
Concept: New modes x7
Black Shadow x6
Concept: Lord Fredrik as an Echo Fighter of K. Rool x6
Blacephalon x5
Zhao Yun (Dynasty Warriors) x5
Neptune x5
Concept: Crazi Taxi rep x5
Oliver (Ni No Kuni) x5
Courier (Fallout) x5
Scorpion x5
Concept: Another literally who Level-5 Character who's popular in Japan, like Achilles or Mark Evans x5
Starman (Pro Wrestling) x5
Malzahar (League of Legends) x5
King Boo x5
Concept: Master Chief Mii Costume x5
Worm (Worms) x5
Mike Jones x5
Specter Knight x5
[Rerate] Sans x5
Farmer (Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons) x5
Velvet Crowe x5
Lizalfos x4
Toon Zelda x3
Eight (Dragon Quest) x3
[Rerate] Slime (Dragon Quest) x3
Concept: Pokéball Pokémon becomes fighter x3
Boss: Sans x2
Luminary (Dragon Quest) x2
Urbosa x1
Stahl x1
[Rerate] Steve? x1

Ryu Hayabusa sneaks past Porky Minch and steals first place. Yuri Lowell also hops past Boss Rush and enters third place. Lora breaks into the top 7, tying with Amy Rose and Brash the Bear for seventh.

Black Mage warps past 100 noms.

Today's new challengers are Farmer and Velvet Crowe, with 5 noms each.

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Hey kids, always recycle... TO THE EXTREME!

Take my usual thoughts on this DLC being all third party, and add to that that we haven't seen enough from Poochy to justify a moveset. He's really just the Rick the Hamster, or the Rambi the Rhino, or... ironically enough, the Yoshi to Yoshi's Yoshi. Does that make sense? He's the sidekick that can be ridden for an easier time, a concept Yoshi himself already does. I guess he exists because Yoshi riding another Yoshi would be weird. For what it's worth, his spirit is actually of his crafted variety...

Not my preferred pick if it were to come to a Yoshi rep, I'd think Kamek or Baby Mario would probably be an easier pick, even if part of me thinks adding baby characters to the roster would become sort of biza-
:ultpichu:
Uh... OK, never mind. If we want to beat up babies with Ganondorf, I guess we have Nintendo's full support. Surprisingly enough, babies seem to have an easier time getting onto the roster than Poochy. But hey, while I might have my doubts on the little ducky dog, he is pretty cute.

Predictions: Kat and Anna
Ice Climber concept, huh? Considering the popular vote for a Wario rep is currently Ashley... 2.31%

Nominate: Kamek x5

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Not Shy Guy
Chance:0%: He offers no unique qualities, has no moveset potential. also from a seri es unlikely for DLC.
Want:0%: What I stated above. Plus I would prefer Kamek or Shy Guy. We need more villains.
Nominations: Black Mage x5

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Chance: 20%
To those who believe in Spirits deconfirming, need I remind you that it's "YARN Poochy" thus only counts as a variant. Otherwise Mario, Luigi, King K. Rool, etc. would've been discounted. Poochy is probably the single most underrated Nintendo character currently. Even though he's gotten a big stride in the recent Yoshi games, he's still unappreciated. This character pretty much takes the "Yoshi is good enough to represent his series" attitude and grinds it to dust...

Want: 100%
Honestly I don't need to elaborate. My profile and outlook speaks for itself. Besides, even if YOU can't see a moveset doesn't mean others haven't :yoshi:

Nominations: Kamek x5 I guess...

fleshdude.gov

Smash Journeyman
Poochy the Very Good Boy

Chance: 30%
This may seem a bit of a high rating at first, until you consider the following three factors:

A. Yarn Poochy, not Poochy's base form, is the spirit. This is a rather odd and somewhat glaring omission from the spirits list.
B. Yoshi's Crafted World is releasing this year, and was in development concurrently with Ultimate. Adding a character from the Yoshi franchise to Smash is an easy hype generator for the game. Also, the Wooly World stage did not come back.....
C. Poochy has a cuteness factor that makes them an easy sell.

Want: 100%
Poochy is always trying his best, and another Yoshi rep in the form of a recurring character from the series would be nice.

Nominations: Glover x5

Last edited:

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Pucci
Chance: 20%
Well he has his own Amiibo and cameos in SMO so I guess he makes some sense. Still, his chances mainly rely on him not having a Spirit of his non woolly self and the Yarn Yoshi stage missing. Thing is, Yarn Poochy could've been the one they went for as 3ds Woolly World was the most relevance he had till that point. And I can't really think how to make a Spirit battle for regular Poochy any different from Yarn Poochy.

Woolly World being absent is a bit suspicious, but they wanted the base game to have exactly 100 stages not counting FD and the two Battlefields. It's also not like Woolly World is the only strange Stage omission. (Rainbow Road) Personally, I could see that stage being reimagined into a Crafted World stage, and I don't think it neccessarily has to come with a character, seeing as they've sold stages on their own before.

Don't really see him being fit for the Fighter pass anyway, atleast not the first one. I don't know if his cuteness would be enough to have him sell a satisfying amount. Poochy himself isn't all that recognizable or requested. Not to sound biased but if they wanted to sell a cute DLC character, why wouldn't they go for the far more popular Bandana Dee?

Want: 30%
That said he's a first-party who may or may not debunk Spirits deconfirming and I can't deny he's adorable so I wouldn't complain if he made it. Still I prefer Bandana Dee first if it comes to any first-party.

Kat&Ana: 4.87%
Metal Sonic x5

Last edited:

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Poochy
Chance: 40 to 50%. There are 2 things I know, which is one, Yoshi's Island needs more characters. 2, yarn Poochy wont be an alternate costume, since it is already there as a spirit.

Want: 50%. Given that there are quite a bit of cute characters in the Roster (Especially Kirby, Isabelle and Pichu) Poochy would fit right in. There is a lot of competition going around however.

One thing is for certain, If Poochy joins the fight, I would like to see the Yoshi's Woolly World Stage return. If Poochy does not become playable, then Poochy would be an assist trophy.

Noms: 2 for Concept: Pokeball Pokémon becomes playable and 3 for Concept: Another Joke Character

Last edited:

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
Poochy
chance 20%
I think that he has a bigger chance in later games and not as DLC. But I can see him as the second biggest character in yoshi games so I there is a chance.

want 85%
I think they could come up with a fun and unique moveset for him. And it would be a nice way to really differentiate the Yoshi series from the mario series in smash.

nominating spyro x5

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Poochy
Chance:
10%
As has mentioned, no standard spirit. However, that is far far far from a confirmation in my eyes. No, I don't think Sylux is a lock or Porky or whoever either. However, upon thinking about it, Poochy is a surprising pick with a game he's featured in the logo of coming out soon, he's gotten a big push, he's been around since the very first Yoshi game, and sandwiched between picks like Joker, Erdrick, and let's say something crazy like Banjo, he'd make a very fun addition to the Nintendo side of things. It's kinda like Cranky Kong or a character like that, a Nintendo name to make people smile and when bundled with more dramatically exciting characters would make for a fun addition and balance. I could see it, but I could also see him being an assist trophy. Not high chances to me.

He's cute! Like super adorable. I love that little pup and Wooly World is one of my favorite recent Nintendo platformers. I'm looking forward to a fun leisurely stroll through Crafted World too. Plus with additions like Baby Mario riding on him or the Poochy Pups aiding him, he'd make a very cute, fun, unique fighter. I know a quadruped has been something a lot of people have been interested in, so why not Poochy? Plus it expands the Yoshi series. He's not on my most-wanted or anything but hey, you wouldn't catch me complaining. He's a cutie!

Nominations: Lora x5

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Poochy

His abilities are pretty lacking, so there isn't that much to take inspiration from to make a fighter. He's much better suited as an Assist Trophy honestly. In addition, I doubt he is beloved or exciting enough to profitable as a paid DLC.

Yoshi's franchise is barely a spinoff from Mario's, with 99% of its content simply lifted from the Mario universe. As such, it really doesn't warrant a second character, in my opinion. As for Poochy, as stated before, he hasn't really done anything at all to interest me as a fighter.

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Voiced by Homer Simpson

Chance: 30%. Well if Spirits do deconfirm, then Poochy is one of the standout characters spared from the Spirit Raid, having an alternate but not a primary. Also, the Yoshi's Wooly World stage just up and vanished for what seems to be no reason. Still he's not going to be too terribly likely due to the supposed focus on third parties.

Want: 30%. I mean I like the character, and I do enjoy Super Mario World 2, but haven't gotten around to Yoshi's Wooly World and not sure if I'll be picking up Crafted World so. He'd be interesting to see in action, though I worry on how he would hold items and grab at the same time.

Ryu Hayabusa x 5.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Poochy

Chance - 5% - Poochy's a notable survivor of the spirit massacre. That said, he's not really that notable in gamming, and he doesn't seem like the kind of thing people will shell out money for. I see him being another Piranha Plant that many will have to pay for, and I think they can't get away with that.

Want - 35% - Could be cool, I guess, but I much prefer Kamek as a Yoshi character. I wouldn't mind him in other circumstances, but as competition with Kamek I would probably find his inclusion upsetting.

Nominations

Palico X5

D

Deleted member

I'll be that guy who says Poochy's chances are next to none. His popularity is barely existent and his role in the Yoshi games leave him with little distinguishable moveset potential. I feel Poochy is not really important and is more that Yoshi's Island doesn't have much competition for Smash characters. It's not a fault for Yoshi's Island, but I think the series works better for stuff like items than characters. At most, he's a cute side character that doesn't really add much. I'd expect Geno before I expect Poochy in Ultimate, and I think Geno's chances aren't looking good either. I think a spirit is the last thing to be looking at when it comes to Poochy's chances.

Might be biased, though, because I also just don't want him. I don't see anything I really like about Poochy that makes me want to play as him. He could be a cute assist trophy, though. Replace Gogoat with him.

Last edited by a moderator:

newsuperhackboys

Smash Cadet
Chance: 40%
I mean, he's a relevant character but he is somewhat hated in his first appearance and no one barely cares for him in the other games.

Want: 70%
I mean, Kamek has a more likely chance as a Yoshi (or Mario) rep because he's just far more iconic and recognizable than Poochy.

Last edited:

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
RAW MEAT

It's one of the notable 1st party candidates that survived the spirit massacre, along with Porky and Sylux. Yarn Poochy on the other hand was the one who got killed by Galeem. Other than that, his chances would've been a 0%. What he does in his games is the same thing that Gogoat does when he comes from a Pokeball: acting as a running platform. I just don't see much potential with this character when not looking at the support thread. He would also be an uninteresting pick for the fighters pass, and I just see him as an excuse to bring back the Woolly World stage, or a Crafted World stage. I'd rather see Kamek as a Yoshi villain instead. Next!

Kat & Ana: 2.89%

Brash the Friggen Bear x5

Last edited:

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
Poochy

Chance: 1% - Nintendo just doesn't really seem to do much to promote Yoshi games, and I can't say he'd likely be a huge seller for the Fighter Pass.

Want: 10% - I like Poochy, especially Yarn Poochy. He's a cute, goofy-looking dog thing. But I'm just not convinced he'd make for an interesting fighter. Assist Trophy sure, but fighter? Just can't really see it and there are too many other characters I'd like to see more.

Nominations:
Frogger x5

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
Poochy

It's a dog. That's...about all there is to it, unless you particularly love recurring Mario characters. He went from being an extra platforming element to a randomly-elected companion who sniffs out collectibles, and only Nintendo knows how he got such a promotion in the first place. Kamek's always around if one really wants an additional Yoshi rep.

It's... really just a dog, people. If Duck Hunt doesn't do it enough for you, then perhaps Amaterasu (or Lycanroc, if you're in that crowd) might appeal to you better.

Nominations
The Heavy x5

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Poochy

Chance: 0.01%

- First Party, which I don't think will be in the DLC.
- Not a well known character to be considered a money maker
- Same reasons as the other 1st party characters etc.

-Not a huge fan of the Yoshi games.
-Once again I'd prefer new 3rd party characters

Nominate Velvet Crowe x5

Top Bottom