• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
World of light Expansion

Chance - 35% - I could see it towards the end of the DLC, as a sort of last hurrah. Still, I think it's defiantly a lesser priority, and I don't think they will do this, especially encase someone decides not to buy the DLC.

Want - 50% - Eh. take it or leave it, I don't really care. I have no option on this.

Predictions

Tracer - 12.35% - Shouldn't she be on the switch first?

Nominatinos

Palico X5

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
And Sakurai said... "Let there be more light." In Japanese, using his own speech patterns.

Chance: 20%. I'm not feeling it. I feel like most post-launch content of significant value will be spirits, and of true significant value the Fighter Pass will encompass all of it. An expansion SLIGHTLY to incorporate a few more areas? Maybe. But anything similar to the Octo Expansion of Splatoon 2 (which I should really get) is probably not happening.

Want: 45%. I really liked World of Light, but then again any dev time that goes into it could have been used to add that one character, or even a few more stages... so, I dunno. But I would like to see it get more fleshed out. Just not at the expense of a character that could potentially be one I'd really like, not even in characterization but in gameplay, or even more multiplayer content.

Ryu Hayabusa x 5.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
World of Light Expansion
Chance:
20%
I feel like if each character comes with spirits at all they'll just be added to the Spirit Board. I don't think an expansion is out of the realm of possibility but I'm not sure where in the mode they'd put the expansion. Unless they made a specific DLC map...

Want: 100%%
The more content, the better. I haven't finished WoL but I love Spirit battles and things like the Castlevania section or DK section and especially the Street Fighter section have been amazing. I'd love more areas like that full of that same love with more spirit battles. I just don't know where on the maps they'd be, even if they added more portals.

Nominations: Lora x5

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
WoL Expansion

Chance: 25%

- Considering it's likely we're getting new modes like Stage Builder and Home-Run, it's possible.
-Although it's likely the DLC spirits will just be on the Spirit Board.

Want: 100%

-It'd be nice to get areas based on the series from the 5 DLC Fighters, like Aselia, Alefgard, SMT version of Tokyo etc.
-As well as more of Mythological gags of course.

Nominate DLC Challenges x5

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
World of Lite-gameplay

Chance: 5%

A World of Light expansion would imply new bosses, new spirits, new overworld art, and some purpose lore-wise to justify its existence. At this point, I very much doubt that either Sakurai or Nintendo would ever decide to add onto a finished gamemode post-launch. There's next to no reason for it to exist, nor would there be any profit to be made from it.

Want: 0%

World of Light is an awful, tedious, boring, and altogether unpleasant waste of time. It prides itself in incorporating hundreds if not thousands of characters in the most basic, obnoxious way possible, a fight in which you can either struggle against dumb additional stage hazards and elements or completely steamroll them with broken spirits of your own.

Any amount of time and money put into this sorry excuse for a single-player experience would be resources wasted.

Nominate 2B x5

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
WOL more
Chance:30%: I don't think it is very likely. Maybe a few extra spirits, but probs not Octo Expansion of DK Adventure levels of content.
Want:100%: I want Perfect Chaos and Biolizard as bosses. And regions for other areas like with Castlevania, Street Fighter and DK would be appreciated.
Nominations: Black Mage x5

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Tracer

Chance: 20%

Pros:
Cons:
  • Overwatch has zero relation to Nintendo as of right now.
  • There is a chance that Blizzard would add a Diablo rep instead considering Diablo III being on the Switch, their previous interest in adding a Diablo character, and the series having a longer lasting legacy than Overwatch.
I think Tracer's chances of getting into Smash hinges on whether Overwatch is coming to Switch or not. She definitely has a lot going for her but I think the lack of Nintendo presence is holding her back.

Want: 30%
My personal Overwatch pick for Smash would be D. Va but I'd be fine with Tracer too. She's the mascot of Overwatch and would represent the game very well.

Poochy chance prediction: 9.56%

Nominations:
Concept: Fire Emblem Three Houses rep x5

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I'm already Tracer

Chance: 8%
I don't see it happening without Overwatch coming to Switch. Which, btw, is one of the most obvious things the gaming industry should've done a while ago. Also, due to Activision and Blizzard being a single entity, Tracer has to compete against Crash and Spyro. Yikes, I wouldn't want to have that competition.

Want: 75%
Overwatch is looking like the rare game-as-a-service that has actual longevity, and all it took was a distinctive style and creative and recognizable characters. See, EA? It's not that hard!

Anyway, Tracer is iconic, and while I would rather Overwatch be on Switch, and would prefer Crash or Spyro before her, I would be OK with her inclusion.

Noms: Kyle Hyde x5

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Porky Minch x158
Ryu Hayabusa x155
Concept: Boss Rush x145
Yuri Lowell x143
Bonkers (Kirby) x130
Concept: Undertale rep x130
Amy Rose x115
Brash the Bear x115

150 - 101

Lora (Xenoblade) x110
Impa x106
Freddi Fish and Luther (Freddi Fish) x105

100 - 51

Nathan Drake x100
Concept: Microsoft Rep x100
Aloy x100
Protector (Etrian Odyssey) x100
[Rerate] Erdrick x100
Black Mage (Final Fantasy) x100
Concept: Third-party character from unrepped Company x98
Creeper x94
Boss: Kracko x85
Concept: Fire Emblem Three Houses rep x80
Tetromino x80
Metal Sonic x80
Noctis Lucis Caelum x75
Frogger x75
9-Volt x74
Spyro x67
Jin Kazama x65
Ninten x58

50 - 25

Morrigan Aensland x50
Papyrus x46
Kamek x46
X (Mega Man) x44
Frisk x40
Concept: Square Enix rep x40
Decidueye x38
[Rerate] 2B x35
Palico x35
Monokuma x35
Concept: Assist Trophy becomes Fighter x30
Concept: DLC challenges x30
Adeleine (Kirby) x29
Thrall (Warcraft) x25
Cooking Mama x25

Under 25

Gooey (Kirby) x22
Boss: Perfect Chaos x20
Earthworm Jim x20
Crono x20
Hector (Fire Emblem) x15
Pyra & Mythra (sans Rex) x15
Reporter & Wrestler x15
Kyle Hyde x15
Amaterasu x15
Concept: Free updates (Splatoon-style) x13
Brian (Quest 64) x12
Concept: Persona Spirits x12
Concept: Dragalia Lost rep x10
Concept: Bethesda rep x10
Frog (Chrono Trigger) x10
Beat (Jet Set Radio) x10
Tora and Poppi x10
Concept: Spectator Emotes x10
Concept: Spirits aren’t disconfirmations x10
Saber (Fate) x10
Marx (Kirby) x7
Concept: Another joke character x7
Black Shadow x6
Concept: Lord Fredrik as an Echo Fighter of K. Rool x6
Blacephalon x5
Zhao Yun (Dynasty Warriors) x5
Neptune x5
Concept: Crazi Taxi rep x5
Oliver (Ni No Kuni) x5
Courier (Fallout) x5
Scorpion x5
Concept: Another literally who Level-5 Character who's popular in Japan, like Achilles or Mark Evans x5
Starman (Pro Wrestling) x5
Malzahar (League of Legends) x5
King Boo x5
Concept: Master Chief Mii Costume x5
Worm (Worms) x5
Mike Jones x5
Specter Knight x5
Concept: New modes x5
[Rerate] Sans x5
Glover x5
Heavy (Team Fortress) x5
Lizalfos x4
Toon Zelda x3
Eight (Dragon Quest) x3
[Rerate] Slime (Dragon Quest) x3
Concept: Pokéball Pokémon becomes fighter x3
Boss: Sans x2
Luminary (Dragon Quest) x2
Urbosa x1
Stahl x1
[Rerate] Steve? x1

Porky Minch and Ryu Hayabusa duked it out for first place, but ultimately Porky proved he means business and stood his ground.

Today's newcomers are Glover, Heavy (both with five noms) and a concept: Pokéball Pokémon becomes fighter (3 noms).

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Tracer
Chance:10%: Depends on Over watch port. although she still has to compete with Crash. could happen tho.
Want:50%: I would be happy with her. Reaper looks cooler tho.
Nominations: Black Mage x5

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Fem Scout
Chance: 0.5%
We still have no signs of Overwatch coming to the Switch. Even if they're working on it, it probably would be too late to influence the DLC. And again, Blizzard themselves personally prefer Diablo. Also, since Blizzard and Activision apparantely merged(?) she or any Blizzard character would have to compete with the arguably likelier Crash Bandicoot.

I do not support any third-party with zero affiliation with Nintendo. I'm also not interested in Overwatch or Tracer herself anyway. If I wanted a Blizzard character, I would personally go for Thrall.

Metal Sonic x5
Poochy: 11.60%

Neosonic97

Smash Journeyman
"Cheers, love! The cavalry's here!"
It's certainly possible. Overwatch is very popular, and Tracer's the mascot of the series, Still, though, given Blizzard's relationship with Activision, that kinda puts a hamper on Tracer's chances because, y'know... a certain orange marsupial exists. You know the one.

Want: 10%
I've played as Tracer in Heroes of the Storm, but not Overwatch. I really don't see what would be so special about her except for her blinking. If a Blizzard character was high on my list, I'd definitely go for Thrall, Arthas (Warcraft), Raynor, Kerrigan (Starcraft) or Diablo (TAKE A WILD FREAKING GUESS) instead.

Noms: Yuri Lowell x5.

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master
Tracer, or how I stopped worrying and just accepted the Pulse Bomb

Chance: 25-ish %

As many, many others have said, depends on if Overwatch's (or an Overwatch side game) coming to Switch or not. I'm not sure there honestly. On one hand, it's probably rather difficult to reconfigure Overwatch into the Switch's hardware. If it wasn't it wouild be already available at this point. On the other, Blizzard might see such a port as a way to expand Overwatch a la Fortnite - when and if Blizzard get iOS and Android versions working. Big ifs, I'm aware.

As for intra-company competition... yea, there are tons. Crash, Spyro, Diablo, any StarCraft or WarCraft character, the list goes on.

Want: 65 %

"I really don't see what would be so special about her except for her blinking.
Weell, does Recalling (reappearing where she was 3 secs ago, restoring health) count as a Blink? If not, that opens up a really unique fighter since Recall has a 1.25 sec time (In Overwatch, could be different in Smash) where she's intangible and getting back to where she was. In other words, she can break out of combos more readily than most - but savvy opponents can use the recall point to punish. Also, 3 Blinks (could be different in Smash) would allow her to extend combos significantly further. Thus, excellent juggler potential. Pulse Bomb could work as a good surprise / defensive option - a variant on Snake's C4 where she has to throw it forward and make sure it sticks.

In other words, she could be a really slippery Pichu with pistols. Dies really early, but can combo, juggle, recover (depending on how many angles the Blinks can go) and go off stage like crazy. Since the pistols shoot lasers, those are not issues at all. Her weaknesses would revolve not just around her being lightweight, but also around her limited resources: I'd imagine the Blinks and Recall having cooldown timers to offset her crazy mobility somewhat.

I definetely wouldn't mind that. In fact, would make for a crazy character. I'm all for crazy characters.

My only question is if she's the best rep from Overwatch, or Activision-Blizzard as a whole. But I'm not going to complain if she somehow manages to sneak her way in.

EDIT: Noms: Ryu Hayabusa x5

Last edited:

Ornl

Smash Ace
Tracer
Chance
: 0% - Want : abstain

"I’m pretty sure that they… all the characters in Smash at least have some game on a Nintendo platform".
100% of 78 fighters, 59 Assist Trophee, 1303 Spirits and Mii Costumes come from licenses already released on Nintendo. Like Dante, 2B and Master Chief, Tracer is a stranger to Nintendo. This is not the case of her rival number 1 : Crash, which has already appeared on 10 different games on Nintendo.
Concerning the non-Japaneses licences, I think that Smash Bros would first include a license that scored the history of Nintendo. Not Overwatch.

Concerning the FPS, I think that Smash Bros would first include a license that scored the history of the FPS (like Street Fighter in first as the best fighting series, Final Fantasy in first as the best RPG series). Not Overwatch.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Tracer

The whole "only if it gets a port" really isn't a big factor as much as people are making it. It's not even a remote requirement for a Nintendo appearance, and the DLC has shown zero signs of being related to promotion in any way. She's a very popular mascot. Though there's someone stronger right now with Crash, who does honestly have a more likely chance, being her main competition and making it harder for her to get in.

Want: Abstain. Never played the game.

Nominations: 5 for Brian(Quest 64). As normal, I'd like to see a neat spellcaster focused on the elements. We don't really have anyone that's a true spellcasting archtype, though we have some similar characters(Zelda, Ganondorf, Peach, Daisy, Rosalina. Though the last one doesn't use any actual magic, she's designed in a way that makes it look like she does. The rest do, unless I forgot some of Daisy's aesthetics. Peach definitely does though. I might've forgotten someone?), they aren't the same as a regular wand/staff using spellcaster. Just your basic one from an rpg. Not the most popular archtype in fighting games, admittedly, but considering rpg's are highly influential, the idea has merit due to that alone. Most other classes are represented(one of the few that isn't is Necromancer).

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
tracer

chance 15%
while overwatch is cool and I would love to see it I think she won't make the cut yet. Overwatch is still fairly new francise and I feel other 3rd parties have a bigger shot than her.

want 80%
overwatch has a fun cast of characters and Tracer is the mascot for the francise so if we get anybody it would be her. I just want others more than her liek winston and reaper.

nominating spyro x5

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Tracer
Chance: 10%
Frankly, a lot of people have said pretty much everything I could have said. Competition with both Activision and Blizzard, lack of a connection to Nintendo (if that really means anything), I'd even argue that Overwatch is actually losing relevance as well, though that's only because I don't hear people talk about it as much.
I'm probably going to get burned at the stake for this, but I was never interested in Overwatch. People kept insisting that it was the greatest thing since sliced bread, and it really got to me. Plus, none of the gameplay I saw truly enticed me into the game. As a result of all that, I'd honestly rather not have Overwatch content.

But before gets accusatory, I would most certainly be happy for anyone who does want Overwatch content in Smash. I'm just not one of those people.

Nominations: Monokuma x5

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Tracer
Chance:
50%
Y'know, this is a really interesting dark horse pick. I feel like it's a serious possibility we might get someone from Blizzard, and when a fake leak came out claiming Tracer (and not as a meme/joke) it really gave me pause. Again, the leak is fake, but you want to talk surprising and relevant, Tracer is it. She's the face of one of the biggest multiplayer hits in recent memory that still gets updated and is still culturally relevant and she'd be incredibly unique due to her time travel and blink powers. Dark horse choice I feel.

Want: 25%
This is such a hard one for me to rate because I used to love Overwatch, I still love Tracer as a character, I think she'd be an incredible fighter and would fit perfectly into Smash, the time travel abilities would be a blast to play, and it's easy to consider a moveset for her. However, there's that old-school part of me who only wants characters who have appeared on Nintendo to make it. Except for 2B, y'know, but that's a special case. So I'll give it a 25% because I absolutely would not be upset if it happened and it'd be fun and I love Tracer but I also feel that my want would go much higher if Overwatch got a port.

Nominations: Lora x5

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Tracer
This is due to the competition of both Nintendo and other Third Parties. There is also more from her company as well (Reaper, Diablo and Lich King), so the competition is fierce.

Want: 50%
Not my favourite Overwatch character, but since she is the mascot, she is closer to get in then most. She has move set potential that gives her a chance at being a powerful fighter.

Noms: 3 for Concept: Spirits aren’t disconfirmations and 2 for Concept: New modes

fleshdude.gov

Smash Journeyman
Racer T

Chance: 60%
Consider the following possibility:
Activision-Blizzard is requested to port Overwatch to the Switch by Nintendo. However, due to the amount of extra resources this port would take to make (they would need to add an entirely new control method for joy-con play, as well as adding support for Nintendo Switch Online), as well as the extra money that they would need to spend on advertising the port, Activision-Blizzard decides that it would need Nintendo to do something for them; namely, put the face of the Overwatch Franchise, Tracer, in Smash Bros. Ultimate as DLC, and use the hype from that announcement to advertise the Switch port.

Nintendo considers the offer. Nintendo profits from Smash DLC sales, cartridge sales, potential system sales, and most importantly to them, potential NSO subscriptions. Smash and Tetris Battle Royale aren't going to carry NSO subscriptions forever, after all. They also get to build a potentially very long-lasting corporate relationship through rather minimal effort on their part. Nintendo agrees to the deal, and Tracer joins Smash.

Of course, that's just one hypothetical scenario - though not an altogether unlikely one. Overwatch is huge, and Nintendo has almost certainly approached Activision-Blizzard about making a port of the game for Switch.

Tracer would also fit Reggie's description of characters that you would never expect to see in Smash and that have never appeared in Smash before....

Want: 2%
Originally this score was going to be a 35%, as I'd rather some other 3rd parties (and Reaper as an Overwatch character) more.

Then I remembered Activision-Blizzard owns Activision, which owns Crash Bandicoot, and realized that if we got Tracer, it would be highly unlikely (not impossible, mind you) that we would get Crash as well.

I want Crash.

Nominations: Glover x5

Last edited:

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
My only Tracer joke was sniped.

Chance: 35%. I do see her as a possibility based on Samus or Mii Gunner, as she doesn't seem to hard to create, has a very obvious moveset to work with that could still allow her to stand out, and comes from one of the more popular games recently. Then again, I don't know what Blizzard/Nintendo relationships are like and I think Crash has her whupped in every category nowadays except maybe sheer number of people playing her game. But she does fit the Reggie statement, so that's a thing.

Want: 50%, but 30% of that comes from the inclusion of another LGBT character in Smash (I don't have a horse in that race, but if I did, I'd love to see Tracer join the fight for that reason, and I am not LGBT but still think more representation can't hurt). Aside from that, my interest in Overwatch has faded fairly rapidly and I'm not an FPS guy to begin with, so. She's also Crash competition, but between that and Arle competition I'd take Crash competition.

Ryu Hayabusa x 5.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Another? Who's the first?
Corrin has the option to do an LGBT support as either gender. Granted the supports do have the disadvantage of only being with two characters total and one to two kid units will be locked away but it still stands. Corrin is a bisexual.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Corrin has the option to do an LGBT support as either gender. Granted the supports do have the disadvantage of only being with two characters total and one to two kid units will be locked away but it still stands. Corrin is a bisexual.
Oh, really? That's neat. I must have misremembered, I thought Fates had a gay conversion controversy or something.

Still, given Corrin's status as an avatar character, it would be cool to have a canonically LGBT character like Tracer.

D

Deleted member

Time reversing gal, or something like that

Chance: 35%
Overwatch is a popular game since its release and, while probably it has decayed a bit in the last few years due to the increase in popularity of Battle Royale games, it is still one of the most streamed games and still has an active e-sports scene. It is one of the most popular franchises from Blizzard nowadays and the addition of new heroes has kept alive the game for some time.

Tracer is the poster gal for the game, and she is certainly one of the most popular heroes along with D. Va. She would also be one of the characters with a unique mechanic which is reversing their own time a bit for positioning. Most of the competition for Tracer would be other Overwatch characters like D. Va, other Blizzard franchises like Diablo and WoW, and other Activision characters like Crash and Spyro, so it is difficult to say other things as her competition is quite rough. I could see that as an Activision-Blizzard character, she is a strong option in that regard. But considering Itsuno's latest comments regarding Dante, she and Overwatch might need to appear on a Nintendo consoles first before being considered.

Want: 35%
She's a cool character and she has a cool gimmick, gunner-types are very few currently and we could use more characters from that archetype in that regard. That said, I'm not really that into Overwatch even after playing a lot two years ago and certainly I like other franchises from Activision-Blizzard better. She is certainly one of those characters that while I'm not against their inclusion, I'm also a bit ambivalent on them appearing on Smash. (I kinda want to rerate my original rating for Reaper since I feel I put him quite down back then, but whatever)

On a side note, Im not very sure about a lot of the FPS or TPS characters in Smash given the aerial focus on the game and for me feeling that a few of them would be a little bit difficult to implement in the regards of stuff like recoveries. I know we have the Inklings and Snake coming from games that are gun heavy but they kinda have stuff from their games to aid this limitation, it would be nice if people can complement a little bit in this regard for the movesets of characters like this since I'm not too big on the lore of games like Overwatch (only watched like 2 shorts and thats it) so I dunno what a character like Tracer could do for recovery.

Nom: Farmer from Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons x 5

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
I'M ALREADY A DEAD MEME! (Do people really still speak of Tik Tok?)
Want: 80%

PROS:
- Popular, yet unexpected
- Main mascot of Overwatch
- Very successful and won GOTY for 2016
- Great moveset potential
- Lives up to Reggie's statement: You'll never see it comiiiiing!

CONS:
- Overwatch has never appeared on a Nintendo console, which decreases her chances by a good chunk.
(Though a Switch port has been considered.)
- Competition. If you count Blizzard and Activision as one company (which I don't), Crash Bandicoot and Spyro block her path. Yes, Blizzard owns Activision, but I think Activision as a company can make decisions of their own, so I'm not worried. (Correct me if I'm wrong) Plus, the two only collab for COD and Destiny from what I've seen on Battle.net. If we're talking the rest of Blizzard's cast however, there's Diablo, The Lich King, Thrall, Kerrigan, and many more. Blizzard has even mentioned in an interview that their first choice for Smash would be Diablo.

So Tracer. Anyone who wants her over Reaper is a big fat donkey! (Nah just kidding!) I would be really excited for Tracer or any Overwatch character to join the fight in Smash, since Overwatch is one of my favorite games to play on Xbox. The potential of the Xbox app and the game pass arriving on Switch really helps Tracer and many characters finally make an appearance on Nintendo consoles, which makes me hopeful for this fighters pass. I'd prefer Reaper over Tracer, and I was the one who nominated him and made the support thread, but Tracer is a well deserving character in my opinion.

Side note: glad to see people considering Reaper as a cool character for Smash :)

Poochy: 9.74%
(He doesn't have a spirit which is suspicious... also Woolly World is missing. Hmm...)

Tetromino x5
Anyone who ignores the legacy of this choice is a donkey! (I've been watching too much Gordon Ramsay lol)

Last edited:

fleshdude.gov

Smash Journeyman
Oh, really? That's neat. I must have misremembered, I thought Fates had a gay conversion controversy or something.
No, you remembered correctly. For one of the supports for a female character (can't remember their name), you give them a potion which "cures them of their love of women" without their consent so that they can have a support with a man.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Tracer

Chance - 0.25% - She's popular amongst the general population, I'll admit that. Overwatch has been in a bit of a decline, though still fairly recognizable, and not having a Nintendo game hurts her somewhat. While I here there was interest in porting Overwatch over to the Switch, that hasn't happened. If it does, though, she becomes a front runner, and my chance reflects that likelihood of that happening.

Want - 40% - I'll admit that I find her abilities interesting. That said, I have many other characters I would take over her, and I'd rather her not get in.

Prediction

Poochy - 3.54% - I guess at least he isn't a spirit?

Nominations

palico X5

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Yes, Blizzard owns Activision, but I think Activision as a company can make decisions of their own, so I'm not worried. (Correct me if I'm wrong)
Technically speaking, Activision-Blizzard is the result of a merger between Activision and Vivendi Games, the parent company of Blizzard. Vivendi, the parent of Vivendi Games, used to own 52% of their stock, but then Activision-Blizzard bought themselves out and became independent. (And scummy Vivendi kept trying to sneak its dirty fingers in gaming)

So, I guess technically speaking Activision is like an uncle company to Blizzard, but they operate independently of each other.
No, you remembered correctly. For one of the supports for a female character (can't remember their name), you give them a potion which "cures them of their love of women" without their consent so that they can have a support with a man.
Ah, yikes. I guess what we got is Japan fetishising LGBT people in whatever way suits them, huh?

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
Technically speaking, Activision-Blizzard is the result of a merger between Activision and Vivendi Games, the parent company of Blizzard. Vivendi, the parent of Vivendi Games, used to own 52% of their stock, but then Activision-Blizzard bought themselves out and became independent. (And scummy Vivendi kept trying to sneak its dirty fingers in gaming)

So, I guess technically speaking Activision is like an uncle company to Blizzard, but they operate independently of each other.

Ah, yikes. I guess what we got is Japan fetishising LGBT people in whatever way suits them, huh?
Thanks for notifying me. Now I no longer have to worry about the two companies acting as competition for Smash Bros :)
Also Japan is weird. Just look at Fate.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Another? Who's the first?
There's also Ike! It's more explicit in the Japanese version but there are a lot of hints that Ike and Soren are canon, especially in the supplemental material.

I agree, though, I think having some overt canon rep would be super neato (and I admit that it's part of why I still really like Tracer despite not playing Overwatch anymore. That and cool time travel powers.)

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Whoa Nelly, sorry about the double post.

Also, sorry about saying whoa Nelly.

Thanks for notifying me. Now I no longer have to worry about the two companies acting as competition for Smash Bros :)
Also Japan is weird. Just look at Fate.
Don't even mention Fate to me. I'm pretty disgusted with it TBH.

Last edited:

Artix

Smash Journeyman
Tracer

Chance: 15%
When it comes to a Blizzard rep., Tracer is one of those candidate, since she's the mascot of Overwatch, which is still rather popular despite the fact that Fortnite and the recently released Apex Legends are already a thing. That being said, the only thing that really hinders her chances is that the series she's in hasn't had any Nintendo releases, although with Diablo III on the Switch, it wouldn't surprise me that we are getting a Switch port of Overwatch at some point. Speaking of Diablo, that's another thing that hinders Tracer's chances of getting in as Blizzard themselves said that they wanted Diablo in Smash.

I gotta admit, I have played Overwatch and even though I didn't use Tracer that much (I'm more of a Genji and D.Va main myself), I still like her abilites. That being said, I have some third-party characters that I want in first before her, but even then, I wouldn't consider her until a Switch port of Overwatch has been released.

Poochy Prediction: 3.31%

Nominations:
Noctis Lucis Caelum x5

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Tracer
I see this as a definite possibility, though not exactly likely. Overwatch is a pretty big and still popular game, and Tracer is pretty well-known as its mascot. Incidentally, I haven't played Overwatch, but Tracer is pretty cool, so I'm down. And honestly, it's a great excuse to get a canon lesbian in Smash.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Tracer

Chance: 50 - Could see this happening. I don't know if I'd call Tracer iconic, but she's not that far off. She's about the same level as Joker it feels, which I'd say is pretty good for her chances. Would be a character that wouldn't be someone people would expect. Only major downside is that she has a lot of competition from other Blizzard and Activision characters

Want: 50 - Wouldn't mind either way. My brother plays Overwatch a lot and he'd be excited for her I guess

Noms:
Porky x5

D

Deleted member

I'm surprised that nobody nominated him considering we have a lot of joke characters nominated

Top Bottom