• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Echo Fighter DLC:
Chance: 35%
No chance as paid DLC, but I can see a few being thrown in for free with updates or as bonus characters tied with the character packs.

Want: 70%
Unique newcomers are always better, but we are getting 6 of them(including PP) so I can't complain for more echo fighters. Shadow and Impa pls.

Noms: x5 to the magician boi, Brian.

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Reverb fighters dlc
Chance: 65% (any type)
It would make sense given the fact how easy they are to create and those 24 more placeholder spots being there. They have more than enough possible characters to pick from. Dixie, Funky, Impa, Octoling, ect. I do think there's the possibility of Nintendo being in charge of every piece of DLC from here on out and they like to do the not-so-obvious things sometimes.

Want: 100%
For introducing such a cool concept they didn't seem to run with it for some reason. Seriously, less than 10 echoes is just way to little. Just give me Veemo atleast.

Demile: 0.46%
100 characters x5

Last edited:

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
Echo Fighter DLC

Chance: 15%
I have to agree with Cap on this one, I really don't think we're going to get much DLC past the fighter pass if we get any at all. People keep talking about how it would "print money" but people forget that Nintendo was pretty much the last one to the party with DLC and post-release content and still don't seem to be going that hard into it. I think if there is a game for them to go all in on it Smash would be the one but I'm guessing they won't be as gung-ho as people would hope about DLC and that we're probably at least another console generation away from seeing Nintendo go in as heavy on DLC as some other developers/publishers.

Want: 75%
I would love to see this. Like many other people said, the echo concept was so great and then kind of squandered. I think there is so much potential here and would love to see them embrace it and really go nuts with some echos. The two things keeping it from being higher are that I would need to see who it is before I was really sold on it and that my most wanted (Ravio) is unfortunately probably in danger of being an echo which would really hurt his chance to have a unique moveset down the road (yes I would be thrilled if he got in but we really don't need a 4th Link even if it's Ravio).

Prediction: .5%
Yeah I forgot their name already so I'm guessing they aren't gonna get good scores.
Nominations: Ravio x5

I might come back and add more later about this but for now I wanted to at least add this to the discussion, while the idea of discouraging abstains sounds great I do wonder if the people abstaining regularly are ever going to be someone contributing to discussion? If there is some some prize to get they might put minimum effort in to get the prize but will they come back and discuss anything beyond that? I guess there is no harm in making an effort to...well improve the effort but I think anything that is done needs to be done with consideration to avoid also increasing the barrier of entry to participate. I think the worst thing that could happen would be the already small pool of raters get even smaller to the point were the final numbers end up all over the place because outliers have too much weight.

I think one of the biggest focuses should be on increasing the number of raters. I know I've seen you letting the supporters know when their day is up and I don't know how you would increase the numbers beyond that but I think the best way to foster discussion would be for more people to be here.

Edit: Adding to the discussion about the state of RTC, I've seen this thread come up in several other threads today and one of the common themes is how other users feel like they can't come in an rate their favorites high so they don't bother. Obviously someone coming in and just saying that their favorite has a 100% chance just because isn't great but at least from what I've seen some of the highest effort posts are when real fans of the character come in and spell out why they think said character is great, so finding some way to avoid scaring those users off would be another great thing to work on. I don't know how you would do that in a way that wouldn't squelch discussion, maybe some way to at least avoid people feeling ganged up on by limiting the number of direct replies a rating can get? The first few replies have probably already said most everything anyway so having 4 more people reply after that just repeating them gets redundant, just like the posts that say what you want to say.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Echo Fighters as DLC
Chance:
5%
As much as it pains me, I'm not ready to say we are getting a second season of DLC. It really feels like this pack is all we are getting. The team has been working on Ultimate for a long time and Sakurai's comments about wanting a break - charming and joking though they may be - makes me think like what we get in the pack is all. Now, that can change at any time. Maybe there's gonna be a break between packs. But like, with no further packs, that means I think free fighters or extra fighters, even Echoes, are out of the question.

Uh. Yes. Yes absolutely. Of course. I'd love more characters. I don't mind that they're echoes - more fighters is always a good thing to me and if being an echo means including a fighter that wouldn't have gotten in anyway I'm all for it. Plus, sometimes it means we get fun differences like Chrom, and I mean I'm a huge Richter fan so even just having the aeathetic and property difference has been fun to play with. Gimme all the characters. I love huge rosters.

Nominations: Style Savvy Rep x5

I'm making it happen even if I have to push this train alone. You just wait until she and Ryota are tied up, that's when the real war begins.

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
I'm making it happen even if I have to push this train alone. You just wait until she and Ryota are tied up, that's when the real war begins.
Sadly at this point it feels like that's what the nominations are, attendance credit for each regular's most wanted since most of us are all pushing someone different.

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
Paying for clone characters
Chance: 10%
Want (paid) 25%
Want (free) 75%
Overall Want: 50%

This could go many ways. They could release them as free updates, or have said echoes come with the fighters pass, but come along side a new DLC character in a pack. They could also release a special "echo fighters pass", but I don't see it happening. It's an easy moneymaker for Nintendo if the people really care so much about their echoes, but I wouldn't be interested if you had to independently pay for a clone character. I'd rather have them free. Paying for a carbon copy of another character that's already in my roster seems like a major waste of money in my opinion. I'll just stick to that character. Unless they're extremely cheap, (I'm talking 99¢) I'm not investing my hard earned money.

DeMille 1.21%

Reaper x5

Last edited:

CureParfait

Smash Ace
Echo Fighters as DLC

Chance: 70%
I actually see Nintendo throwing out Echo Fighters post-launch season. Although if the Echo Fighters as DLC does happen I feel like it'll happen when the 4th DLC character is announced at the earliest.

I would love more characters in the post-launch season and less than 10 Echoes is kind of depressing to me given how much characters they can pick from.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
waddledeeonredyoshi waddledeeonredyoshi in terms of encouraging participation I have been a bit at a crossroads. Bumping support threads helps but I have found posting in more social threads never gets more traction.

As for having too high of an entry bar, I definitely understand that. I want to encourage as much thoughtful conversation as possible. But that conversation needs to happen in the first place.

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
waddledeeonredyoshi waddledeeonredyoshi in terms of encouraging participation I have been a bit at a crossroads. Bumping support threads helps but I have found posting in more social threads never gets more traction.

As for having too high of an entry bar, I definitely understand that. I want to encourage as much thoughtful conversation as possible. But that conversation needs to happen in the first place.
Was that supposed to be directed at me? (not to assume I'm the center of the universe or anything lol just sounds like you're responding to my points)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

VALLEY OF ECHOES

Chance :
This is the type of thing that’s a bit hard to judge. Despite making a completely seperate category for echoes, we only got 5 new ones in the base game. It’s certainly possible Sakurai could pump out a few echoes in-post to get some more money and add more crowd-pleasers, but I also can’t really think of a reason he or Nintendo would specifically want to.
10%
Hey, shortest one yet.

Want :
I mean, sure, why not? More characters are always nice, but it would bug me if they costed over 3 dollars. Would feel a bit high.
85%
Noms: Ezio X5

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Echo the dolphin

Chance: 50%. It would make sense. People would love more characters, sand these are pretty easy to make. They could be sold like a cheaper fighter pass (The whole set would be around the same price as one of the unique fighters). Alternatively they could work like the free updates in Splatoon, where they work to renew intrest in the game. It just makes a lot of sence.

Want: 99%. More characters are great. There are echo fighter ideas that really should've gotten in (Octoling, Shadow, Galacta Knght, Blaziken). The only reason this isn't 100% is that there are a few echoes I don't want.

Noms: Grovyle x5

Troykv

Smash Master
Echoes Act 3

Chance: 30%

This is a completely wild card because we don't know anything about content in the DLC other that Fighter Pass... that considering the fact there still Mii Customes without returning to the game yet and potential new content, there is a complete circule of possibilities; the only reason this is a 30/70 instead of a 50/50 it's the fact the previous game didn't added new Clones post-launch (but in that scenario made more sense anyway).

Want: 50%

It depends a lot in how their are implemented, but I would like the idea in concept.

Predictions:

Demille: 1.1%

Nominations:

Reimu Hakurei x5

(Oh goodness! I just realized we're going to rate Micaiah in the night of tomorrow; I need to prepare my text already).

Last edited:

Artix

Smash Journeyman
Echo Fighters as DLC

Chance: 25%
I have a feeling that this might happen, but it really depends whether Sakurai wants a Season 2 Fighter's Pass or not, which I'm still skeptical of it happening. If the first wave of DLC is successful, then I can see them doing a Season 2 DLC, but I'm not sure if it's going to be an all-Echo Fighters DLC or once again, unique characters. Who knows, this could actually happen.

Want: 85%
I wouldn't mind getting more characters in Smash, even if they are Echo Fighters. The ones I'm hoping for are Shadow, Dixie Kong and Jeanne. Again, I'm still skeptical of a Season 2 DLC, but if it happens, I'm hoping it would be an all-Echo DLC.

DeMille Prediction: 2.93%

Nominations:
Nero Claudius (Fate) x5

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Chance: 30%
Sakurai's words seemed to imply we wouldn't be getting any echoes at all, but that's just an assumption. I could see the devs capitalizing on the fact that people don't hate clones anymore, but who knows.
Want: 40%
More characters are always nice, but there's still problems that could arise. Like just getting more glorified alt costumes (like :ultdaisy: and:ultrichter:), being too expensive (they definitely won't be free), or getting someone that shouldn't be an echo. (Like Dixie Kong.)

DeMille prediction: 0.2%
Noms: Stages outside Fighter Pass x5

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
Echo DLC

Chance: 40%
I think, inevitably, it will happen eventually. How soon? I dunno. Whether it's paid for and costs less than a normal character, or released as a free update, there's almost certainly going to be more echos on the roster.

P L E A S E. Echo fighters are the greatest thing. Even in Smash 4, Lucina and Dark Pit were such a blessing for me; I didn't like playing their original character much, but the small changes made a world of difference. Clones in fighting games are never a bad thing, they add variety to a roster without nearly as much dev time. I just hope the echos we get are more like Lucina than they are like Richter.

As far as echos I would want, specifically? I'm sure there's no reason to list them, but I'm going to anyway. Bonkers as a DDD echo with a different neutral B and a different projectile for side b. Zeraora as a Lucario echo without aura, but with electric hitstun and more well-rounded at any percent. Boshi as a Yoshi echo. Hilda as a Zelda echo. Sora as a Cloud echo, maybe? Funky Kong as a DK echo. I could go on for hours.

noms Bonkers x5

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
Echo DLC:

Chance - 20%

I'm not sure... I can see it happening maybe but I still have a gut feeling we won't. I'm putting it at 20% because of how possible I think it is but I'm still uncertain.

Want - 100%

More characters, why not? I really want Impa and Ninten so this would be my best way to get them. There is no reason to not want this!

Nominations: Rhythm Girl x5

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!

Echo Fighter DLC

Chance: 50%

Well it obviously won't happen in the Fighter Pass, but I could see it still happen through other means. I don't think it would require a second Fighter Pass to be made. If Piranha Plant can be separate from the Fighter Pass, why not Echo Fighters? There's plenty of characters that could be made into Echo Fighters like the Octolings, Zack Fair, Impa, etc (the only Echo Fighter concept I'm against is Malos as Shulk's echo).

Why would anyone deny more content? I would understand if you think a character can be more than just "an Echo for X." I feel that way towards Celica when I see people slapping Robin echo on her. Malos especially when people just see a dark Monado and slap Shulk echo on him while giving zero ****s as to whether it's actually feasible to make Malos into a Shulk echo. Answer: It doesn't. The two wouldn't share the same skeleton. That was cited as one reason as to why Isabelle couldn't be made into Villager's echo. If Malos is gonna be based on Shulk, he's automatically at semi-clone territory.

Boss Rush x5

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Day over

Today we got Demille from Tomato Adventure. How will he fare? He’s Japan only and a spirit.

Tomorrow Michaiah, from FE Radiant Dawn. Predict her.

Also today is the last day before the fixed schedule is in for next week. So yeah.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Demille

Chance: 0.5%
Japan exclusive character from a nearly 20 year old GBA game that has not been relevant in forever and isn't too popular. I know that Sakurai included him in some online poll during the Brawl days and AlphaDream recently drew an updated picture of him for their site, but I don't think that'll be enough to get him in as DLC. He has a mountain load of first party competition and it has been seeming more likely over time that this wave of DLC will be mainly third party anyway. Demille is also a spirit which I don't see helping his already low chances.

Want: 15%
From here on out I'm going to try my best to give out want ratings since abstaining gets boring (not to say I'll always be able to do it).

As for Demille I think I could end up enjoying him. He seems like a fun and cute character with an interesting moveset and I think it's cool that his game was the basis for the Mario & Luigi games. Want score is still fairly low though since there are a ton of other characters I'd rather see first.

Micaiah chance prediction: 3.97%

Nominations:
Concept: SNK rep x5

D

Deleted member

Chance: 0.5%
No one knows him it seems. Japan exclusives rarely get in.

Want: Never heard of him. And honestly I couldn't care less. 0%

Predict: 02%

Nominations: Freddi Fish and Luther x5

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
I don't have a joke for Demille.

Chance: 0.0001%. He's not a money maker, and that's all she wrote. Unless they want to get meta with unexpected characters, I don't see them going for somebody whose interest base is far too small in all parts of the world. Also, Spirit and likely all 3rd party DLC.

Want: I have never played Tomato Adventure. I have to abstain to be fair to the poor guy, rather than tank his fandom's hopes with a 10%.

Arle Nadja x 5. Micaiah will have 2.10% chance because she's not from Three Houses and not a standout missing FE character.

Last edited:

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
I had to look up for this guy at Google:
Chance: 0%-Oh yeah, a character from a seventeen-years-old game that was also Japan-exclusive and only got a re-release on the Wii U (which also didn't come overseas). Couldn't be any less likely, I'm surprised he even has a spirit at all.
Want: 0%-I looked at his moves through this Youtube video, and I'm so not interested at a character that throws trash and invokes boxing dogs to fight.
Nominations: Dantex5

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
Demilovato
chance 0%
Isn’t it obvious? JP-only, no legacy, no future, etc. I feel like we shouldn’t have to explain this for some characters at this point. He has zero reason to be in the game.
Want: 80%
I liked his game enough. It’s a Mario & Luigi prototype, and it shows. I guess I stopped caring as much as I used to unfortunately. He would’ve been in my top ten most wanted if I still took the roster selections seriously at this point.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Demille

Chance - 0% - A seventeen year old Japanese exclusive character? He's in a worse position than Takamaru, and we all know how that went. I doubt we will get a retro as DLC, let alone a region elusive one.

Want - 30% - Not really interested in this retro, as I feel there are better picks. Given how limited space is, I don't particularly want him crowding out others.

Predictions

Michaiah - 1.23% - Three houses is on the Horizon...

Nominations

Dark Matter X5

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
FamicomDisk FamicomDisk c’mon buddy, do your magic and raise those Want scores!

The most gimmicks in a single character

Chance: 1%
First off: yes he has a Spirit (that’s a big victory for us, going for Mii Costume next). Besides that, he really didn’t have a great chance beforehand. JP only, obscure (although good selling over there). Not a lot of demand (although he did place on the Brawl poll), and basically no future (or is there? New illustrations seem to show that something might be up). But yeah, not happening.

Can we at least get this game fan translated? The game looks hella fun and unique and creative. As a character, DeMille would likely be the most unique fighter ever (yeah Sakurai, you don’t have to stoop to interior decoration to make unique movesets). Plus, obscure Nintendo franchises, let’s go!

Nominations: Mach RiderX5

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I was gonna sit this one out, but I felt like offering my two cents.

Want: 0%

Well, another literally who. Fortunately, we've got a support thread linked from the above post, so we can find out about him. I'll let the OP of the support thread speak for me...
OK, do tell...
DeMille is the protagonist of the obscure,
...starting a description with the word 'obscure' isn't a good sign. So far, it's looking like the DLC's gonna be all third party, so an obscure character from ages ago isn't looking good in the slightest...
Sorry, continue.
...Could go both ways, since the DLC needs to sell. As Tingle has shown us several times, what's quirky and fun in one part of the world may not be as favorable in another, and DLC needs to be able to sell itself.
Japan-exclusive
...Do I need to continue? We had this argument with Katalina - nobody Japan-exclusive has been added since Lucas in Brawl, and certainly not for DLC.
JRPG, Tomato Adventure,
...And a last one for me. Can we get some different genres in here? We've got one JRPG confirmed, one all but confirmed...are there other game genres out there? Or even RPGs from other parts of the world?
released for the Game Boy Advance in 2002.
...and we thought K.Rool was old and irrelevant! This is 6 years before his last appearance! This begs the question of why he didn't get picked for an assist in Brawl or Sm4sh if he's such a great character.

Ah.

Well, it's not looking good so far. And on top of all of this, we have the infamous "He's a Spirit" argument. Now that could mean that they're caring about it more...or it could mean that they are just trying to acknowledge any little minor franchise now, considering he didn't even get trophies or stickers before.

Look, we've got three (ok four, but we all know who character #2 is) characters left now. Competition is intense, and I really don't think Nintendo's going to go crazy about some character even they've all but forgotten about. It's a hard pass for me.

Nom: More DLC x5

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Demillie

Chance: 0 - The definition of someone who has only base roster potential. No exposure out of Japan and no new games in over a decade. No real demand either. The definition of a literal who

Want: 0 - Had no clue who this was before today. which means I have no interest at all in seeing them as a DLC character. spots could be used much better in my opinion

Noms:
Gen 8 Pokemon x5

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Sorry for my delayed absence; was in DGames for the last month or so, but I guess I get a break for now.

DEMILLE

DEMILLE

Probably the most obscure character I can imagine, didn't even appear when I searched his name. He comes from a game that sold **** poorly on the Game Boy advance, has the most minuscule (if even existent) following I can imagine, was almost immediately dropped after it's first game with no recurring representation, was only released in Japan and never in the West, and was absolutely unimportant in the whole history of video games/Nintendo even. And he was developed by a third party (still released by Nintendo). And the game looks utterly generic and uninteresting. And was literally mentioned a total of once by Sakurai back in the Brawl days. And he is too obscure and unimportant to even be considered as a trophy. And he would have to play his Gimmick cards to attack. And the game is being released in less than 50 days. And he isn't old enough to be considered historic, or even a classic. I gotta be fair though. It isn't impossible. After all, Demille appeared in a video game...

Chance: 2% 2.5%

I cannot stand this suggestion. This would be a **** addition to the roster, for Demille is just generally unimportant and unappealing when it comes to a new character. I am not convinced that Gimmicks will work into a moveset. The game sold terribly, simply put. There is practically no following for him, wasn't popular enough to be featured on the ballot, and each move set I see for him is lackluster and unconvincing...

Want: -7.4362% = 0% 2%
I do appreciate the response, and I did expect you to provide input, given you were who I was referring to when I talked about Demille narrowly making the cut.

I will admit, I was very much biased against Demille going into the review, but after doing research a second time only focusing on both the positive and negatives, I can rethink some of my criticisms of Demille. I very much doubt that I'll change any ratings though. 2% and 0% still remain rather accurate in my opinion.

"What are your claims on the games’ poor sales and reception based on? From what I can find, the game got decent to good reviews, and while I can’t find any data on sales, it must have done at least enough to merit a rerelease on the Wii U Virtual Console."

I did actually see that the game did not sell very well, which is why it was never released overseas. Still, Nintendo likened to AlphaDream's work and they were authorized to create the Mario & Luigi games (I didn't know Tomato Adventure and M&L was made by the same developer), which sold incredibly well, and Tomato Adventure was abandoned in favor of full throttle into the M&L series and development of new sequels. You are correct though; I didn't want to think that Tomato Adventure got good reviews, even though they did as I found out.

"You’d be surprised by how big the following is for such an obscure character! There are tons of fan content. We have the fortune of the game having been translated in an LP by Clyde Mandelin (a professional translator and the guy behind the fan translation of Mother 3)."

I'd disagree with the statement that their are "tons" of fan content. There may be some, I will not argue with that. But saying that there is tons implies that Tomato Adventure has an incredibly active fanbase with constant support. I go back to the fact that I can't even search for "Demille" and find the character from Tomato Adventure. Congrats with the localization though!

"AlphaDream is almost exclusively a Nintendo developer, they’re no more of a third party than Game Freak."

Quote from nintendo.wikia: "AlphaDream Corporation is an independent third party developer from Japan. So far, it has been developing handheld games for Nintendo ever since 2002. They are best known for their comedy RPG series Mario & Luigi. " Once again, I wish I would have known about M&L and its connection to Tomato Adventure, and I would have totally cut Demille more slack.
Back to the point though. Here is the same opening for Game Freak: "Game Freak (1989 - Present) is a Japanese video game developer. They are a second party developer for Nintendo most well known for its development on the Pokémon series of games. " My point is, AlphaDream is not a Nintendo developer. Sure, they were licensed to make M&L, but that doesn't mean that their ultimately bonded with the company. They could produce a mobile game right now if they really wanted to independently. It wouldn't be beneficial to their company, but they could.

"This is of course subjective, but I think Tomato Adventure is anything but generic. Gameplay-wise it invented the style of Mario & Luigi, and story-wise it’s about a rabbit living in a bus who is an outcast because he dislikes tomatoes."

Rescue the maiden of the kingdom from the greedy power-hungry dude wrecking havoc on a kingdom while you, the protagonist hero, fight all the baddies the final boss sends your way.
Except there's a tomato gun and boom, ketchup.
To be fair, the plot points are very unique. The plot direction as a whole has been completed countless times before though.

"To be fair, getting mentioned once by Sakurai is still a lot more than many other characters have ever gotten"

Very true. It's simply the fact that he was mostly speculated during the Brawl days was what I was trying to get at there. I don't see much Smashboards Demille support nowadays. That was my main point whenever I discussed relevancy and popularity.

I'll edit my OP rating, thank you for the discussion GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741

I don't see a reason that he would return. He got more than what he deserved as a spirit, and Nintendo is looking for iconic third party characters for DLC, not a super obscure un-translated game that was more of a prototype to what AlphaDream could accomplish. The Mario & Luigi series was poorly reped in Ultimate, so there isn't any reason that "Tomato Adventure" of all things will be...

Chance: 0%

My little want for Demille has subsided. He doesn't bring enough to the table, and he for sure won't impress me if he makes the cut; rather the opposite. I will feel slightly disgusted that he was preferred over other big-time favorites. Not much support for me, if at all...

Nominations: Spyro x5. Could somebody inform me about why a bunch of bad characters are sitting at exactly 100 nominations? And why there were so many x10s and more in the past that I missed? And about the history of nominations in general while I was gone?

Figured I'd say it; TCT~Phantom TCT~Phantom , I was the one who added Arle Nadja to the list, not you. I don't want you putting any blame on yourself for it. Back when I made the upcoming days list, and just about when Joker was getting confirmed, I subbed Joker out for Arle Nadja, who was leading at the time in noms (and still is). I probably shouldn't have done that, but I really thought that you would look over the work I submitted. Anyway, it's said and done. If you want to remove it, it's been a while, so you probably should.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
PSA: Today is the last day your nominations can affect the top 7. This also means I have to go look for my last schedule update (and relive the pain of Nov 1), and dust off the format for schedule updates. Yeehaw.

Arle Nadja x385
Rhythm Girl x345
Concept: All DLC will be third-party x320
Hollow Knight x287
Nero Claudius (Fate) x270
Mach Rider x270
Grovyle (Pokémon Mystery Dungeon) x259

Over 200

Reimu Hakurei x255
Concept: Stages outside Fighter Pass x255
Reaper (Overwatch) x246
Concept: Gen 8 Pokemon x236
Concept: More DLC x235

200 - 151

Concept: SNK rep x185
Sephiroth x175

150 - 101

Dark Matter x140
Professor Hector x137
Concept: No fan favorite/highly requested characters x135
Ravio x135
Kat & Ana x130
Dante x130
Bonkers (Kirby) x130
Ezio Auditore da Firenze x130
Andy (Advance Wars) x120
Ryota Hayami x120
Shy Guy x120
Concept: World of Light expansion x120
Amy Rose x115
Concept: Boss Rush x115
Q*Bert x112
Arthas Menethil (Warcraft) x110
Brash the Bear x110
Sly Cooper x110
Maxwell (Scribblenauts) x110
Magikarp x109
Concept: 100 characters (counting Echo Fighters and Miis/Pokémon Trainer as 3) x105
Impa x101
Porky Minch x101

100 - 51

Tracer x100
Monster Hunter x100
Poochy x100
Cranky Kong x100
Vaati x100
Nathan Drake x100
Concept: Microsoft Rep x100
Aloy x100
Protector (Etrian Odyssey) x100
Concept: Undertale rep x100
Concept: Third-party character from unrepped Company x95
Concept: Style Savvy rep x95
Lora (Xenoblade) x90
Boss: Kracko x85
Hat Kid x80
9-Volt x69
Spyro x52

50 - 25

Creeper x47
Papyrus x41
Frisk x40
Freddi Fish and Luther (Freddi Fish) x40
Concept: Assist Trophy becomes Fighter x30
Ninten x30
Thrall (Warcraft) x25
Cooking Mama x25

Under 25

Boss: Perfect Chaos x20
Kamek x20
Earthworm Jim x20
Hector (Fire Emblem) x15
Pyra & Mythra (sans Rex) x15
Concept: Dragalia Lost rep x10
Decidueye x10
Concept: Bethesda rep x10
Frog (Chrono Trigger) x10
Amaterasu x10
Beat (Jet Set Radio) x10
Tora and Poppi x10
Concept: Spectator Emotes x10
Concept: Spirits aren’t disconfirmations x10
Brian (Quest 64) x10
Blacephalon x5
Zhao Yun (Dynasty Warriors) x5
Monokuma x5
Concept: Another joke character x5
Neptune x5
Concept: Crazi Taxi rep x5
Oliver (Ni No Kuni) x5
Ryu Hayabusa x5
Concept: Free updates (Splatoon-style) x5
Courier (Fallout) x5
Scorpion x5
Concept: Another literally who Level-5 Character who's popular in Japan, like Achilles or Mark Evans x5
Starman (Pro Wrestling) x5
Black Shadow x5
Lizalfos x4
Toon Zelda x3
Eight (Dragon Quest) x3
Boss: Sans x2
Adeleine (Kirby) x2
Urbosa x1
Stahl x1
[Rerate] Steve? x1

Well, there’s a turnabout in the Top 7. Mach Rider rides from 6th place to 5th, tying with Nero Claudius. On the flipside, Reimu Hakurei went from multiple nominations a day to none and went from 6th place to dropping out of the top 7, with Grovyle nabbing that last vacancy.

Concept: 100 characters crosses 100 nominations.

I was gonna sit this one out, but I felt like offering my two cents.

Well, another literally who. Fortunately, we've got a support thread linked from the above post, so we can find out about him. I'll let the OP of the support thread speak for me...

OK, do tell...

...starting a description with the word 'obscure' isn't a good sign. So far, it's looking like the DLC's gonna be all third party, so an obscure character from ages ago isn't looking good in the slightest...
Sorry, continue.

...Could go both ways, since the DLC needs to sell. As Tingle has shown us several times, what's quirky and fun in one part of the world may not be as favorable in another, and DLC needs to be able to sell itself.

...Do I need to continue? We had this argument with Katalina - nobody Japan-exclusive has been added since Lucas in Brawl, and certainly not for DLC.

...And a last one for me. Can we get some different genres in here? We've got one JRPG confirmed, one all but confirmed...are there other game genres out there? Or even RPGs from other parts of the world?

...and we thought K.Rool was old and irrelevant! This is 6 years before his last appearance! This begs the question of why he didn't get picked for an assist in Brawl or Sm4sh if he's such a great character.

Ah.

Well, it's not looking good so far. And on top of all of this, we have the infamous "He's a Spirit" argument. Now that could mean that they're caring about it more...or it could mean that they are just trying to acknowledge any little minor franchise now, considering he didn't even get trophies or stickers before.

Look, we've got three (ok four, but we all know who character #2 is) characters left now. Competition is intense, and I really don't think Nintendo's going to go crazy about some character even they've all but forgotten about. It's a hard pass for me.

Nom: More DLC x5
You left out the moveset! That’s the best part!

(Wouldn’t affect his chances in the slightest but man that is a cool moveset)

Sorry for my delayed absence; was in DGames for the last month or so, but I guess I get a break for now.

DEMILLE

I don't see a reason that he would return. He got more than what he deserved as a spirit, and Nintendo is looking for iconic third party characters for DLC, not a super obscure un-translated game that was more of a prototype to what AlphaDream could accomplish. The Mario & Luigi series was poorly reped in Ultimate, so there isn't any reason that "Tomato Adventure" of all things will be...

Chance: 0%

My little want for Demille has subsided. He doesn't bring enough to the table, and he for sure won't impress me if he makes the cut; rather the opposite. I will feel slightly disgusted that he was preferred over other big-time favorites. Not much support for me, if at all...

Nominations: Spyro x5. Could somebody inform me about why a bunch of bad characters are sitting at exactly 100 nominations? And why there were so many x10s and more in the past that I missed? And about the history of nominations in general while I was gone?

Figured I'd say it; TCT~Phantom TCT~Phantom , I was the one who added Arle Nadja to the list, not you. I don't want you putting any blame on yourself for it. Back when I made the upcoming days list, and just about when Joker was getting confirmed, I subbed Joker out for Arle Nadja, who was leading at the time in noms (and still is). I probably shouldn't have done that, but I really thought that you would look over the work I submitted. Anyway, it's said and done. If you want to remove it, it's been a while, so you probably should.
Yo, I’m in that quote! Good ol’ GoodGrief, always defending DeMille.

As for noms, between Christmas and New Year everyone got 10 noms a day and the chance to nominate a new character for 100 noms.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Welp, might as well give some counterpoints, seeing how I nominated DeMille.

- What are your claims on the games’ poor sales and reception based on? From what I can find, the game got decent to good reviews, and while I can’t find any data on sales, it must have done at least enough to merit a rerelease on the Wii U Virtual Console.

- You’d be surprised by how big the following is for such an obscure character! There are tons of fan content. We have the fortune of the game having been translated in an LP by Clyde Mandelin (a professional translator and the guy behind the fan translation of Mother 3).

- AlphaDream is almost exclusively a Nintendo developer, they’re no more of a third party than Game Freak.

- This is of course subjective, but I think Tomato Adventure is anything but generic. Gameplay-wise it invented the style of Mario & Luigi, and story-wise it’s about a rabbit living in a bus who is an outcast because he dislikes tomatoes.

- To be fair, getting mentioned once by Sakurai is still a lot more than many other characters have ever gotten.
Yo, I’m in that quote! Good ol’ GoodGrief, always defending DeMille.
You are indeed, you were the one who prompted me to do more research on Demille. Figured I'd quote your OG post for reflectance

CureParfait

Smash Ace
Demille

Chance: 0% - The character is pretty obscure from the start and him being a Japan Exclusive game from 20ish years ago pretty much decimated his chances being on Smash as playable.

Want: 0%- I had no clue who he was until today and I don't know enough about him that I want to see him in Smash.

Top Bottom