• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
Ezio Auditor of Florence
Chance: 10%-He's AC's mascot, that's no lie, and if we really point at Spirits not being full characters, then Rayman's out of the way, and as @Onereasonanddone explained, the character can definitely bring a brand-new public on the same vein as Joker. But my big problem is that Assassin's Creed is not a popular or acclaimed as it used to, that and that the idea of a character from that franchise is just I can't help but see as a stretch.
Want: 75%-I've played some of his titles, and I'll admit it's be a cool concept to have a character with hidden blades. Not to mention, since he's been in Soul Calibur before, he'd contrast really well compared to the many sword users in Smash.
Nominations: Morrigan x5

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
Etsy

Chance: 10% (?) - I'm honestly very unsure about what his chances are. I've never really even considered him as being a remote possibility, but I guess he's not unlikely. He's definitely a recognizable character from a very popular franchise.

Want: 15% - Like I said, I've never given him consideration in the slightest. I wouldn't be against his inclusion, though I have no attachment to the AC games or him as a character. I would undoubtedly prefer him over Rayman for a Ubisoft rep however, but there are still a bunch of characters I'd rather see before Ezio.

Nominations:
Frogger x5

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Ezio

Chance - 7.5% - I guess he's possible, now with Rayman most likely out of the running due to being a spirit. While iconic and notable, I don't think he's the sort of character that would get into smash; He's not quite that strong, move set wise, I think. Still, i think if Ubisoft gets in it's hard to say it won't be him if not Rayman.

Want - 20% - I would much prefer Rayman. I don't care about Assassin's Creed at all.

Nominations

Monster Hunter X5

SPEN18

Smash Champion
Ezio

Chance: 1%
It's hard to imagine Ubisoft getting a rep other than Rayman. He's from a well-known series, though it's not one with a major Nintendo association.

Want: 0%
Rayman is probably the better choice for Ubisoft; he did well on the ballot and has a bigger presence within Nintendo circles. Ezio's series isn't sufficiently associated with Nintendo to warrant consideration over first party franchises.
Sorry to be mostly parroting back what others have said.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Insieme per la Vittoria

Want: 75% 90%

Wait, there was an Assassin's Creed I?

I really got into the AC series when one of my friends showed me this great historical-esque game where I got to run through a gorgeously recreated Renaissance Italy. ACII was incredible in so many ways. Ezio ended up such a popular character that he got two sequels of his own, both of which were really amazing as well. It definitely was the Ezio era games that rocketed the franchise to fame...and it's been struggling to stay there now that they've moved on from the 15th century.

While Ezio and the series may not be incredible household names in Japan, they have had some sales. Ezio also ended up crossing over into a Japanese fighting game that thought it was an entry in the Soul Calibur series...pity his crossover was wasted in such a trash game. Still, he was great loads of fun to see, and brought with him his godly music.

Case in point.
Holy ****, I just started that track and now I am so back into AC. Man, the Desmond saga was such a high point....

Anyway, Ezio's got a lot of a fanbase in the AC world, but the Renaissance-era part of the series hasn't been on Nintendo. Now ACIII is coming (and was on WiiU), but Ezio's not a part of that. Connor definitely got hit with Tough Act to Follow, and it hurt him pretty badly, and it didn't help that his grandfather was much more of a three dimensional character (and who doesn't love pirate assassins)

Now for me? Ezio may not be on my most wanted list, but I would have zero problems seeing him in Smash. He represented some of the best games of the series, and has a lot of fun tools to pull from. I'd love to see him. And his Roman look from Brotherhood is beyond amazing. (Plus Kirby with an assassin cowl?)

But there's the ... limbless creature ... in the room. Rayman's the name on everyone's lips in terms of an Ubisoft rep, though those minions are gaining a lot of traction. I have to say though, I've never even heard of Rayman until the Sm4sh speculation round when the PotD showed some bizarre 'thing,' and people tried to tell me he was an icon on the level of Sonic. Yeah, no. He may, like Crash and Spyro, have been a cartoony character that a company pushed to try to capitalize on the Mario/Sonic rivalry, but Following the Leader will rarely lead to equivalent success. In my mind, Ezio is the archetypal Ubisoft character, but I realize that others may have alternate views.

Still, to say Ezio's not in the running for an Ubisoft character is wrong. But that all boils down to whether Ubi's getting a character. Rayman and the Mario-costumed Rabbids are locked in Spirit world, so there may be a chance for Ezio...it just doesn't look good.

Sorry bro. Requiescat in Pace

Last edited:

Dukemon

Smash Apprentice
Ezio
Chance:?
I do not believe Ezio would be the Assassin who will rep Ubisoft and AC on Nintendo consoles in Smash. Even the Ezio Trilogy was not released on wiiu or is on the way for Switch. More likely would be Alexios / Kassandra (like male/female Corrin) because it is the latest protagonist and Odyssey is available on the switch in Japan. AC3 will get the second release on a Nintendo console worldwide. Liberation for the first time. And even Edward would be more likely for Smash. But I see more Alexios in Smash, because no one will see this is coming.

Ornl

Smash Ace
Ezio
Chance
: 0%

Weak points
(assuming Erdrick is one of the new fighters)

Unlike :
- 100% of all the fighters,
- 100% of the third-party fighters,
- 100% of the DLC new fighters,
his license hasn't Japanese origins whose first episode was released on Nintendo.
Among the non-fighter representations, Babylonian Castle Saga, Bomberman, Monster Hunter, Shovel Knight, Tales, Tekken and Virtua Fighter, the games have either Japanese origin, OR have a first opus released on Nintendo.

Unlike :
- 66/79 (83,5%) of all the fighters,
- 9/10 (90%) of the third-party fighters,
- 6/7 (85,7%) of the DLC new fighters,
his license didn't appear until the early 1990s.
Only Bayonetta (ballot choice) is the third-party and DLC new fighter exception.

Unlike :
- 75/79 (94,9%) of all the fighters,
- 7/10 (70%) of the third-party fighters,
his license has Pegi -18.
Only Konami fighters and Bayonetta are exceptions.
74/79 (93,7%) of all the fighters, 6/10 (60%) of the third-party fighters, 5/7 (71,4%) of the DLC new fighters have Pegi -16.

Unlike :
- 65/77 (84,4%) of all the fighters (excluding G&W and R.O.B.),
his license didn't appear in the preferences of Japanese by consoles.
Final Fantasy appears 17 times, Dragon Quest 12, Megami Tensei 9 (including Tokyo Mirage Sessions, and not including the top 1 Persona 5), Metal Gear 5, Street Fighter 3 (including Project X Zone), Mega Man 2 (including Project X Zone), Sonic 2. Pac-Man and Castlevania don't appears. Pac-Man and Simon Belmont was available in the basic game. Bayonetta 1 doesn't appears. Bayonetta was the ballot choice.

Like :
- 27/79 (34,2% > 1/3) of all the fighters,
- 6/10 (60% = 3/5) of the third-party fighters,
- 4/7 (57,1%) of the DLC new fighters,
he's a male human fighter.
• In Smash Bros, 4/12 (33,3% = 1/3) of fighters are male human.
• In Smash Bros Melee, 10/26 (38,5% > 1/3) of fighters (0,5 for Popo and 0,5 for Sheik who has very male human appearance) are male human heroes.
• In Smash Bros Brawl, 11/39 (28,2% < 1/3) of fighters are male human.
In Smash Bros 4, 20/58 (35% > 1/3) of fighters (0,5 for Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Mii, Robin) are male human.
Joker and Erdrick already have this particularity. Many forecasts already have this particularity : Steve, Marine, Ryu Hayabusa, Lloyd Irving, Pr. Layton, Phoenix Wright, Leon S. Kennedy, Monster Hunter, Terry Bogard, Master Chief, Scorpion...

+ Concerning Ubisoft, the wish of the Smash community is first for the mascott Rayman,
and Mario already has a link with the Raving Rabbids.

Last edited:

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
Ezio
Chance
: 0%

Weak points
(assuming Erdrick is one of the new fighters)

Unlike :
- 100% of all the fighters,
- 100% of the third-party fighters,
- 100% of the DLC new fighters,
his license hasn't Japanese origins whose first episode was released on Nintendo.
Among the non-fighter representations, Babylonian Castle Saga, Bomberman, Monster Hunter, Shovel Knight, Tales, Tekken and Virtua Fighter, the games have either Japanese origin, OR have a first opus released on Nintendo.

Unlike :
- 66/86 (76,7%) of all the fighters,
- 9/10 (90%) of the third-party fighters,
his license didn't appear until the early 1990s.
Only Bayonetta (ballot choice) is the third-party and DLC new fighter exception.

Unlike :
- 82/86 (95,3%) of all the fighters,
his license has Pegi 18.
Only Konami fighters and Bayonetta are exceptions.

Unlike :
- 65/84 (77,4%) of all the fighters (excluding G&W and R.O.B.),
his license didn't appear in the preferences of Japanese by consoles.
Final Fantasy appears 17 times, Dragon Quest 12, Megami Tensei 9 (including Tokyo Mirage Sessions, and not including the top 1 Persona 5), Metal Gear 5, Street Fighter 3 (including Project X Zone), Mega Man 2 (including Project X Zone), Sonic 2. Pac-Man and Castlevania don't appears. Pac-Man and Simon Belmont was available in the basic game. Bayonetta 1 doesn't appears. Bayonetta was the ballot choice.

Like :
- 27/83 (32,5% < 1/3) of all the fighters,
- 6/10 (60% = 3/5) of the third-party fighters,
- 4/7 (71,4%) of the DLC new fighters,
he's a male human fighter.
With 3 new DLC male human fighters (and 0,5 for Erdrick), the Smash Ultimate male human fighters number would become 30/86 (34,9% > 1/3).
• In Smash Bros, 4/12 (33,3% = 1/3) of fighters are male human.
• In Smash Bros Melee, 10/26 (38,5% > 1/3) of fighters (0,5 for Popo and 0,5 for Sheik who has very male human appearance) are male human heroes.
• In Smash Bros Brawl, 11/39 (28,2% < 1/3) of fighters are male human.
In Smash Bros 4, 20/58 (35% > 1/3) of fighters (0,5 for Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Mii, Robin) are male human.
Joker and Erdrick already have this particularity. Many forecasts already have this particularity : Steve, Marine, Ryu Hayabusa, Lloyd Irving, Pr. Layton, Phoenix Wright, Leon S. Kennedy, Monster Hunter, Terry Bogard, Master Chief, Scorpion...

+ Concerning Ubisoft, the wish of the Smash community is first for the mascott Rayman,
and Mario already has a link with the Raving Rabbids.
So we went from dumb arguments to loads of pointless statistics that have nothing to do with the character's chances. How far have you devolved?

"ERMAHGERD MALE HOOMAN = DISKUNFERMDDDDD" - Ornl Ornl

Rating coming soon.

Mod Edit: This post received an infraction.

Last edited by a moderator:

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
Ezio

Chance: 10%
For a company whose main historically-relevant candidate was consigned to the Spirit pit, Ubisoft has more than a little warranted presence in Ultimate. It's not impossible that Nintendo decides to pick the most popular Ubisoft franchise out there for Smash, the one that really got the open-world phenomenon rolling after GTA, but it'd be surprising considering how little Assassin's Creed itself has been on Nintendo platforms.

Then again, that didn't stop Persona from coming out of nowhere.

Assassin's Creed is a really big, really influential franchise. If there's any serious fault in it, it's its steady stagnation from Ezio's heyday, already witness to other games and companies handling open-world environments better. But it counts very much as a globally-recognized iconic franchise, something very, very few candidates can even claim in the first place.

Want: 25%
I haven't got any special connection with Ezio, especially since I've neever played an Assassin's Creed game. But its power is very real, as are its credentials, and I'd rather have a character/property with demonstrable credentials than one that has to spin and wheedle such credentials into existence.

Nominations
Hat Kid x5

Last edited:

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Ezio

Considering that Ubisoft has spirits in the game, it wouldn't be too crazy for Ezio as DLC to be a possibility, as well as how close Nintendo has been with Ubisoft (see Mario Rabbids game). I still don't feel like he is that likely though.

Want: 5%
Never playing any Assassin's Creed, and if we were to get an Ubisoft character, I would prefer for it to be Rayman. My reaction would probably be "cool"

Nominations:
Decidueye x5

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
Weird French name
Chance: 15%
Want: 50%

Ezio is in a good spot in terms of Ubisoft competition. His only real competitor is Rayman. (And also Rabbids, but let's pretend they don't exist.) Rayman got the spirit treatment, and is much more popular than Ezio, and Assassin's Creed has no representation. He has the surprise hype factor also going for him, and Assassin's Creed is widely successful, but I'm not sure Sakurai is gonna think of Assassin's Creed when picking the DLC. Also I am completely indifferent towards this character, as I have never played his game series. Plus, I'd rather see Rayman.

Magikarp x5

Professor Hector 1.01%

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Ezio (Animal Crossing)

Chance: 45%. It's weird. I never hear him talked about, but when I think about it he's not that unlikely of an inclusion. Ubisoft and Nintendo are close, their frontrunner is out of the picture, and Assassins Creed could deserve to get a character. Reggie's Comment also fits AC, it's not a series you think of when Nintendo is said.

Want: Abstain. I've never played an AC game.

Noms: Mega Man X x5

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Weird French name

Ezio is in a good spot in terms of Ubisoft competition. His only real competitor is Rayman. (And also Rabbids, but let's pretend they don't exist.) Rayman got the spirit treatment, and is much more popular than Ezio, and Assassin's Creed has no representation. He has the surprise hype factor also going for him, and Assassin's Creed is widely successful, but I'm not sure Sakurai is gonna think of Assassin's Creed when picking the DLC. Also I am completely indifferent towards this character, as I have never played his game series. Plus, I'd rather see Rayman.

Magikarp x5

GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 who's tomorrow?
Tomorrow is Professor Hector, the player character from Gyromite and Stack-Up and creator of R.O.B.
Ezio (Animal Crossing)

Chance: 45%. It's weird. I never hear him talked about, but when I think about it he's not that unlikely of an inclusion. Ubisoft and Nintendo are close, their frontrunner is out of the picture, and Assassins Creed could deserve to get a character. Reggie's Comment also fits AC, it's not a series you think of when Nintendo is said.

Want: Abstain. I've never played an AC game.

Noms: Mega Man X x5
Hate to nitpick, but his name is X.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Just throwing this out here that people are entitled to their own opinions. Which isn’t to say that you can’t challenge those opinions but not only sorting to repersonal insults and attacks to do so is against the rules.

In addition, this isn’t a place to try and enforce your opinion. Using various methods to support your opinion is fine but please do understand that trying to force it down people’s throats does nothing for this thread. And it’s not their fault for not accepting it as fact just because you want them to.

Last edited:

Artix

Smash Journeyman
Ezio

Chance: 35%
Aside from Rayman, Ezio is the most likely Ubisoft candidate in Smash since Assassin's Creed is a very big franchise. Sure, it never had history with Nintendo but at least it has one game released on a Nintendo console. Plus, Ubisoft had a good relationship with Nintendo so this also helps him, however, he still has fierce competition with Rayman for the spot. Still, he fits the 'unexpected character' comment from Reggie like a glove and there's a chance that Nintendo might pick him over Rayman.

Want: 80%
I have not played Assassin's Creed in a very long time, but I do like Ezio as a character. He could be interesting to see in Smash and I could see him performing some cool moves, including the Leap of Faith.

Professor Hector Prediction: 1.22%

Nominations:
Jin Kazama x5

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Ezio

Chance: 25%

-Honestly, he's the most likely Ubisoft character to make it in. He's Ubisoft's recognizable character right now.
-Ray Man would be most likely, but he's a spirit. Although there's still debates on if Spirits equal deconfirmation. It's not good for 3rd parties definitely if they're non-fighter spirits IMO.

Want: 10%

-Nah not really interested.
-Especially when the franchise became infamous with it's oversaturation on the market.

Hector Prediction: 0.77%

Nominate WoL Expansion x5

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Easy-O

I could certainly see Assassin's Creed being used as a hype pick, what with Ubisoft having some connections to Smash as it is, but the series has to fight the big guy of Ubisoft, Rayman. Assuming that they won't want to use Rayman due to spirit things (which, the argument seems to be taking a turn for the better now knowing that the other DLC characters won't be getting Guidance, and thus looks as though P. Plant was almost base roster), Ezio would have to fight other AC (not Animal Crossing) characters for the spot.

Want: 40%
Knocking 10% off as I'd rather see Rayman. Otherwise, I've got no attachment one way or the other to Assassin's Creed. Rayman I feel just deserves the Ubisoft spot more, I mean, he's been skipped twice now, a trophy in Smash 4, and a spirit in Ultimate. Come on, enough toying with the poor guy. After Rayman, if Ubisoft gets another rep, yeah sure, AC can have it.

Predictions: Professor Hector
Oh boy, how am I gonna work this tomorrow. I know he won't do well in chance at all. So... .67%

Noms:
Q*Bert x5

PapillonXtreme

Smash Apprentice
Ezio

Chance: 25%
That really depends whether Rayman being a Spirit in the game deconfirms him or not. If it is, then Ezio is the second choice for a Ubisoft rep since Assassin's Creed is one of Ubisoft's more popular franchise. He certainly will be an unexpected fighter for this wave of DLC, but he still has to face competition with Rayman (assuming Spirits don't deconfirm) and knowing Nintendo, they'll most likely pick him over Ezio.

Want: 20%
I like Ezio and Assassin's Creed, but when it comes to a Ubisoft rep in Smash, I'd rather have Rayman instead of Ezio. I do admit he's going to have an interesting playstyle should he ever be included in the game.

Nominations:
Noctis Lucis Caelum x5

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Ooooh Ezio.

Want: 100%
A veritable gaming icon, easily the most popular Assassin's Creed character, from an incredibly well-known series, has been on Nintendo consoles, a cool character in general...give me a reason I shouldn't want him in Smash. :p He'd fit right in.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
...man all of this talk is really starting to hype me up for AC again. I haven't been this excited since Rogue came out (and proved infinitely better than Unity)

How are the newer ones? I started to lose interest big time with Unity/Syndicate, especially since Shaun wasn't 'writing' the database entries anymore. ACII/Brotherhood/Black Flag were definitely high points in the series, and I'd even go so far as to throw Rogue in there as well.

Yeah, I'll change my want score to a 90 for this.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
...man all of this talk is really starting to hype me up for AC again. I haven't been this excited since Rogue came out (and proved infinitely better than Unity)

How are the newer ones? I started to lose interest big time with Unity/Syndicate, especially since Shaun wasn't 'writing' the database entries anymore. ACII/Brotherhood/Black Flag were definitely high points in the series, and I'd even go so far as to throw Rogue in there as well.

Yeah, I'll change my want score to a 90 for this.
The new Assassin’s Creeds are not really AC games, they really deemphasize stealth in favor of RPG mechanics.

Imo they’re a painful and slow grind, particularly if you just want to play the story and not deal with Ubisoft’s typical open world filler.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
The new Assassin’s Creeds are not really AC games, they really deemphasize stealth in favor of RPG mechanics.

Imo they’re a painful and slow grind, particularly if you just want to play the story and not deal with Ubisoft’s typical open world filler.
Oof, that's disappointing.

I always thought I was big on RPGs, but lately I've found that I really only like the giant-open-world-with-fully-customizable-characters-and-lore-you-can-totally-write-doctoral-theses-on-with-the-potential-for-an-unnecessary-needs-system-RPG-from-Bethesda ones. Most of the standard ones that involve complex skill trees and grinding get me to lose interest pretty quickly.

I always thought the best parts of the AC games were the codices and the history behind everything. If it's just turning into a bunch of "You must grind to level X to pass here," I guess that's not exactly the direction I'd like to go. Not that I don't like blocks like that (Morrowind really did a good job making the main quest slow paced enough to explore the world, but gave beef gates due to the lack of randomness) - but I'd like reasons for those blocks that are story driven, and something to do in the meantime besides go hunt random creatures.

Man, Beth should 100% remake Morrowind. If only it didn't have that stupid dice-roll combat. And included the month equivalent to January. I was actually hoping that that was something they were sitting on when they announced Morrowind for ESO - considering they completely used TES III nostalgia for that argument and the release of the Dragonborn DLC for Skyrim.

DBPirate

Smash Apprentice
Ezio

I think that if a Ubisoft character were to get in the game, it would be Rayman, but Ezio isn't totally out of the question. He has the highest chance of any Assassin's Creed character due to being the most iconic.

Assassin's Creed is (or was, I suppose) my favorite non-Nintendo franchise. It's definitely the first western series I'd pick to be represented in Smash, however I'd rather have Connor or Edward over Ezio. He'd still be cool though.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Ezio Auditore

Chance: 30%
Want: 75%

I really don't see how Rayman would even be an obstacle for Ezio. Feels like a made up rule like everything written in the Rulebook of Assumption™. If Nintendo wants Ezio, it has nothing to do with Rayman having a role. If Nintendo wants Rayman, then Rayman already appearing as a spirit means jack ****. He's got plenty of official renders to be used as a Fighter Spirit.

Because of the very nature of Assassin's Creed with each game set in different time periods, it's gonna have a revolving cast of characters. Among the playable assassins (and Templars in Haytham and Shay's case), Ezio's the most popular of the bunch. It would be weird to see Altair chosen because of seniority, or Alexios & Kassandra chosen because of recency bias. If Sakurai opted to go for Cloud because he was the most requested FF character, I feel Nintendo would include Ezio on their list of possible candidates despite there being more "relevant AC protagonists."

When AC2 came out, it fixed the faults of AC1, and created a better game. AC2 went and made Assassin's Creed into a household name. Ezio's Family, the main theme of AC2, went on to become a recurring theme to the point that I'd say it's the main theme of the franchise. AC Odyssey's remix of Ezio's Family simply calls it 'Assassin's Creed.' Even though he's no longer the focus, the franchise still calls back to Ezio.

Since the Smash fandom is selective with one-offs becoming playable fighters, Ezio has the benefit of being the main protagonist of three AC games: AC2, Brotherhood, and Revelations. Fighting style wise, the guy has two hidden blades attached to his wrist gauntlets. I feel that would be the main weapons of choice. Maybe a sword if needed for a move or two. Final Smash I could see Ezio using his Apple of Eden. And outfit wise, his Brotherhood robes are his most iconic look (ironic considering AC2 is hailed as the most popular game in the franchise and his robes from that game belong to his father.) but it'd be neat for a Smash Ezio to include all his main three outfits.

In terms of AC games I actually played, I started with AC3, then went to AC2, Black Flag, Rogue, Unity (never finished it), and Odyssey. I need to get my hands on the Ezio Trilogy. Ezio's a fun and charming guy. The jokes and memes that would be made of Ezio flirting with all the Smash women just write themselves.

Boss Rush x5

Ornl

Smash Ace
Top 10 of last forecast average of third party fighters on RTC :
- Steve ≈ 57%
- Lloyd Irving ≈ 48%
- Pr. Layton ≈ 35%
- Phoenix Wright ≈ 33%
- Erdrick ≈ 29%
- Leon S. Kennedy ≈ 29%
- Crash ≈ 28%
- Rayman ≈ 24%
- Ezio ≈ 23%
- Geno ≈ 22,5%

Next :
- Banjo & Kazooie ≈ 21%
- 2B ≈ 21%

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I made a gut-busting picture of Fire Emblem's Hector dressed as a professor, but it got deleted since I had it as a draft for too long and I'm too lazy to make a new one. Oh well.

Granted while he's technically not a spirit Professor Hector doesn't have a lot going for him. He's pretty obscure and I don't think he is all that requested. DLC also seems to be mainly third party and if we were to get a first party character it'd probably be someone who can bring a lot of hype which Hector wouldn't be able to bring out. If we were to ever get another Gyromite rep it'd definitely be Hector, but I don't see that happening in the foreseeable future.

Want: 5%
I wouldn't really hate to see Professor Hector in Smash but he is at the bottom of my want list. There are just so many other characters I would want to see make it into Smash over him.

Shy Guy chance prediction: 0.85%

Nominations:
Concept: Fire Emblem Three Houses rep x5

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Did we actually rate the other Hector?

Chance: 0%
He's from Gyromite and Stack up apparently? Well we already have :ultrob: for that. He's basically the only thing people remember from those games, not the 8-bit old man running around hitting switches. We've never had two characters rep the same retro NES game before and I don't see that happening. Not that retro characters are really likely to begin with. In a world where Joker from Persona 5 is our first DLC fighter I don't someone as obscure as this guy stands a chance.

Want: 0%
No attachment to his games but does that matter? This is such a "who actually cares" character, I'd hate to imagine him getting in over most of the characters stuck in AT/Costume hell and Spirit Limbo. Seriously, ROB is more than enough representation those games need.

Shy guy: 0.93%
100 characters x5

Last edited:

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
GRANDPA MARIO
Chance:
0.5%
Want: 45%

+Isn't a spirit. Not sure if this is a good or bad thing though considering his obscurity.
-Irrelevant as of now
-Obscure
-Unlikely choice for a retro rep
-Gyromite isn't in need of a second character

-Moveset potential?

That says it all really. I don't think it's gonna happen at all. I don't care for Professor Hector either, because there are many other retro reps I would prefer. I would prefer Bubble Bobble, Mach Rider, Tetromino, Balloon Fighter, and many more retro characters before Hector. Also, not sure about his moveset potential either...

Shy Guy: 2.12%

Magikarp x5

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Prof Hector (+ Prof Vector as an Echo Fighter????)

Yeah this is such a long shot. What kills him is that he’d be a hard sell as DLC. Plus ROB already reps his franchise so he might be seen as redundant (though if they can’t bother to give him a freakin stage then a second playable rep just feels like a good compromise)

Want: 99%
I love me an old school Nintendo rep. Prof Hector could be unique, both visually (an old man, and a scientist along with Dr. Mario I guess), and gameplay wise (think a trapper, throwing out monsters like Bowser Jr. Down B, plus crushing fools with gates and climbing vines or whatever). Docked 1% because he doesn’t represent a new franchise which is what I really want.

Here’s hoping this helps Hector not get a pure 0% want.

Noms: Ryota Hayami x5

Flyboy Flyboy If I nominate Ryota and you nominate Style Savvy every day, I think we can keep them both in the top 7. That sound like a plan to you?

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
(Dante x205)
Concept: 100 characters (counting Echo Fighters and Miis/Pokémon Trainer as 3) x195
Maxwell (Scribblenauts) x194
Magikarp x194
Cranky Kong x190
Ryota Hayami x185
Concept: World of Light expansion x185
Concept: Style Savvy rep x185

200 - 151

Monster Hunter x180
Concept: No fan favorite/highly requested characters x175
Sly Cooper x160
(Hat Kid x160)
Q*Bert x159

150 - 101

Kat & Ana x145
Concept: Boss Rush x135
Bonkers (Kirby) x130
Poochy x126
Tracer x122
Concept: Undertale rep x120
Amy Rose x115
Vaati x115
Brash the Bear x115
Porky Minch x103
Impa x101

100 - 51

Nathan Drake x100
Concept: Microsoft Rep x100
Aloy x100
Protector (Etrian Odyssey) x100
Concept: Third-party character from unrepped Company x95
Lora (Xenoblade) x95
Ryu Hayabusa x95
Freddi Fish and Luther (Freddi Fish) x90
[Rerate] Erdrick x90
Boss: Kracko x85
Yuri Lowell x75
9-Volt x74
Creeper x72
Spyro x67
Black Mage (Final Fantasy) x65
Noctis Lucis Caelum x60

50 - 25

Ninten x50
Frogger x50
Papyrus x41
Frisk x40
Jin Kazama x35
Concept: Assist Trophy becomes Fighter x30
[Rerate] 2B x30
Decidueye x28
Thrall (Warcraft) x25
Cooking Mama x25

Under 25

Adeleine (Kirby) x22
Boss: Perfect Chaos x20
Kamek x20
Earthworm Jim x20
Gooey (Kirby) x20
Metal Sonic x20
Hector (Fire Emblem) x15
Pyra & Mythra (sans Rex) x15
Reporter & Wrestler x15
Tetromino x15
Concept: Fire Emblem Three Houses rep x15
Concept: Square Enix rep x15
Morrigan Aensland x15
Brian (Quest 64) x12
Concept: Dragalia Lost rep x10
Concept: Bethesda rep x10
Frog (Chrono Trigger) x10
Amaterasu x10
Beat (Jet Set Radio) x10
Tora and Poppi x10
Concept: Spectator Emotes x10
Concept: Spirits aren’t disconfirmations x10
Saber (Fate) x10
Blacephalon x5
Zhao Yun (Dynasty Warriors) x5
Monokuma x5
Concept: Another joke character x5
Neptune x5
Concept: Crazi Taxi rep x5
Oliver (Ni No Kuni) x5
Concept: Free updates (Splatoon-style) x5
Courier (Fallout) x5
Scorpion x5
Concept: Another literally who Level-5 Character who's popular in Japan, like Achilles or Mark Evans x5
Starman (Pro Wrestling) x5
Black Shadow x5
Marx (Kirby) x5
Malzahar (League of Legends) x5
King Boo x5
Concept: Master Chief Mii Costume x5
Crono x5
Worm (Worms) x5
Kyle Hyde x5
X (Mega Man) x5
Lizalfos x4
Toon Zelda x3
Eight (Dragon Quest) x3
[Rerate] Slime (Dragon Quest) x3
Boss: Sans x2
Concept: Persona Spirits x2
Urbosa x1
Stahl x1
[Rerate] Steve? x1

The top seven is a mess. So I’ll just name them again, in order: Dante, 100 characters, Maxwell, Magikarp, Cranky Kong, Ryota Hayami, World of Light expansion, and Style Savvy rep. Had been thinking about making next week all double days, but it appears to have sorted itself out. (If you guys want to do that anyway say the word, but for now I’m thinking not)

Decidueye flies past the 25 nomination mark.

Today’s newcomer is X, with 5 noms.

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
(Dante x205)
Concept: 100 characters (counting Echo Fighters and Miis/Pokémon Trainer as 3) x195
Maxwell (Scribblenauts) x194
Magikarp x194
Cranky Kong x190
Ryota Hayami x185
Concept: World of Light expansion x185
Concept: Style Savvy rep x185

200 - 151

Monster Hunter x180
Concept: No fan favorite/highly requested characters x175
Sly Cooper x160
(Hat Kid x160)
Q*Bert x159

150 - 101

Kat & Ana x145
Concept: Boss Rush x135
Bonkers (Kirby) x130
Poochy x126
Tracer x122
Concept: Undertale rep x120
Amy Rose x115
Vaati x115
Brash the Bear x115
Porky Minch x103
Impa x101

100 - 51

Nathan Drake x100
Concept: Microsoft Rep x100
Aloy x100
Protector (Etrian Odyssey) x100
Concept: Third-party character from unrepped Company x95
Lora (Xenoblade) x95
Ryu Hayabusa x95
Freddi Fish and Luther (Freddi Fish) x90
[Rerate] Erdrick x90
Boss: Kracko x85
Yuri Lowell x75
9-Volt x74
Creeper x72
Spyro x67
Black Mage (Final Fantasy) x65
Noctis Lucis Caelum x60

50 - 25

Ninten x50
Frogger x50
Papyrus x41
Frisk x40
Jin Kazama x35
Concept: Assist Trophy becomes Fighter x30
[Rerate] 2B x30
Decidueye x28
Thrall (Warcraft) x25
Cooking Mama x25

Under 25

Adeleine (Kirby) x22
Boss: Perfect Chaos x20
Kamek x20
Earthworm Jim x20
Gooey (Kirby) x20
Metal Sonic x20
Hector (Fire Emblem) x15
Pyra & Mythra (sans Rex) x15
Reporter & Wrestler x15
Tetromino x15
Concept: Fire Emblem Three Houses rep x15
Concept: Square Enix rep x15
Morrigan Aensland x15
Brian (Quest 64) x12
Concept: Dragalia Lost rep x10
Concept: Bethesda rep x10
Frog (Chrono Trigger) x10
Amaterasu x10
Beat (Jet Set Radio) x10
Tora and Poppi x10
Concept: Spectator Emotes x10
Concept: Spirits aren’t disconfirmations x10
Saber (Fate) x10
Blacephalon x5
Zhao Yun (Dynasty Warriors) x5
Monokuma x5
Concept: Another joke character x5
Neptune x5
Concept: Crazi Taxi rep x5
Oliver (Ni No Kuni) x5
Concept: Free updates (Splatoon-style) x5
Courier (Fallout) x5
Scorpion x5
Concept: Another literally who Level-5 Character who's popular in Japan, like Achilles or Mark Evans x5
Starman (Pro Wrestling) x5
Black Shadow x5
Marx (Kirby) x5
Malzahar (League of Legends) x5
King Boo x5
Concept: Master Chief Mii Costume x5
Crono x5
Worm (Worms) x5
Kyle Hyde x5
X (Mega Man) x5
Lizalfos x4
Toon Zelda x3
Eight (Dragon Quest) x3
[Rerate] Slime (Dragon Quest) x3
Boss: Sans x2
Concept: Persona Spirits x2
Urbosa x1
Stahl x1
[Rerate] Steve? x1

The top seven is a mess. So I’ll just name them again, in order: Dante, 100 characters, Maxwell, Magikarp, Cranky Kong, Ryota Hayami, World of Light expansion, and Style Savvy rep. Had been thinking about making next week all double days, but it appears to have sorted itself out. (If you guys want to do that anyway say the word, but for now I’m thinking not)

Decidueye flies past the 25 nomination mark.

Today’s newcomer is X, with 5 noms.
Which day will the top 7 be considered final?

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Professor Hector
Chance:
1%
I feel like ROB is seen as enough when it comes to playable representation for that little section of Nintendo history. To be honest, I can't help but agree, but I'll have a few thoughts in the Want section about that. My big thing is that Hector's most likely cameo would be in a Gyro stage and we don't even have that. He's not even a Spirit, which is sort of baffling. I really just don't see him as relevant enough to revive as a retro since we have the peripheral playable already. Would be nice to get that stage though.

Want: 25%
I think it's pretty well-established at this point that I love retro reps, obscure first-parties, unusual fighters, and ROB. However, I can't say that Hector excites me that much. The idea of a trapper that uses gates to block off the stage is very cool! But another character who could potentially use that would be Captain Toad, and while any character can be unique I prefer Toad as a character idea overall. Not to draw false correlation, of course. Just a thought.

Overall, I want a Gyromite stage featuring Hector before I want Hector as a fighter. ROB is my main because he plays wonderfully and I have a lot of love for him from a nostalgic perspective but that doesn't mean I need a rep. But no stage has been driving me crazy for three games now. C'mon, guys.

Nominations: Style Savvy Rep x5

Flyboy Flyboy If I nominate Ryota and you nominate Style Savvy every day, I think we can keep them both in the top 7. That sound like a plan to you?
Sounds like a plan, my man.

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
What do you mean, he doesn't have Armads

Chance: 2%
An unmemorable character with a stereotypical design and a lack of any exception abilities, Professor Hector fails to answer the basic question of "why" he ought to be a consideration, instead hedging his bets on the quesiotn of "why not". While one could certainly make things up in the same way that Sakurai thought up R.O.B.'s moveset, this particular professor has absolutely no unique qualities to his name, let alone solid arguments. It's as if people don't even remember that the R.O.B. games themselves weren't very good.

Want: 1%
Can't we do better than this guy? Aren't there half a dozen other video game scientists to choose from, some of them from far more relevant franchises? Why must we have to disprove someone this far back in the priority line?

Nominations
Hat Kid x5

SPEN18

Smash Champion
Prof. Hector

Chance: 0%
A retro rep is unlikely in the first place, and a retro rep that is closely associated with R.O.B. is even more unlikely since R.O.B.'s already repping those games. He doesn't fit the current trend of relevance and marketing.

Want: 1%
He's a cool dude, I guess. Retro reps are nice, but there are others from unrepped franchises that could use the spot instead of Prof. Hector. R.O.B.'s already playable and he's the most memorable portion of those games for most people.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Not FE Hector
Chance:0%: Honestly we are never getting a second Gyromitd rep. He is never happening
Want:0%: But why would you want him as a scientist? there is eggman, wily, both far more iconic and with far more moves At potential. Plus I want Mach Rider as the retro rep.
Nominations: Black Mage x5

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Hector

0% Chance

Gyromite does not even have a stage. The clear value to get from that is that ROB's value comes from his history, not any of his games directly. Even assuming Nintendo saw future value from ROB's IP, which is a huge if, they would most likely make merch rather than add Hector to Smash. Furthermore, competition. Getting a retro alone is a massive leap to make. It being Hector is a larger one.

Abstain want

I do not care in any strong way. Does that matter?

Nominating Monster Hunter x 5

I'd rather rate this sooner than later tbh and will help nom it.

Now in terms of an actual update.

Score updates will be out by the end of the month. With them, the game up to that point will be 100% up to date. Backlouged scores from base game I can't promise but these I can. Expect a graphic top ten of chance and want in the OP.

I am looking for someone to do a banner for the front page. Putting pictures in the front page is fun and all, but I would rather have some sort of big banner in the OP.

Speaking of the OP, lets talk about the front page. Expect a general update for that. I do not plan on strongly revising the rules as of this point, but if people feel strongly I would like to hear from you all. If you feel any significant rule changes are needed please bring them up. You are open to either PM me or to discuss here. The front page itself will remain similar, expect the same archive posts.

I will try to post more music and info for characters. While abstaining for "literally who" has been cut down significantly, I still want people to be as informed as possible.

Finally, I want to apologize for missing schedule as of late. I have been going through a rough period in my life and have been noticeably distracted. I hope to avert that in the future.

Top Bottom