• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Desmond Miles
Chance: 0%: Nope. We aren't getting another Japan exclusive. Especially if Erdrick happens.
Want: 0% Alpha Dream do deserve a character. But that should be Mark and Luigi from the M%L series.
Nominations Hollow Knight x3, Mach Rider x2

Troykv

Smash Master
Not-DeVille:

Chance: 1%

Poor guy; this guy is obscure even for Nintendo Obscure Game Standarts (I found about it's game existence after several games because of a friend that likes M&L), and I actually forgotten who he was before his day started which is kind of weird because I know all kind of characters. This guy lacks relevancy in some many levels that is amusing, old-ish game, but isn't considered retro, japan-only, and the potential cult around this game is more focused in their spiritual succesor (M&L), probably the character that suffers the most (at least of the rated so far) of lacking anything remotely positive about his chance in the game; probably the only saving grace is having fun moveset potential... but I'm not sure if he does something a Mario character can't.

At least this time we're actually talking about a Main Character xD

Want: 50%

I'm pretty neutral with character I don't know very much about, so I'm okay with the possibility it give us something quite fun.

_______

Predictions:

Micaiah: 3.1% (Yes! It's finally her day!)

Nominations:

Reimu Hakurei x5

Last edited:

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
DeMille

Chance: 5%
Two spirits? That's a lot more than DeMille's had in forever. Given what most other franchises got, though, it's more than likely that his role here is just as another acknowledged RPG. Alpha Dreams' still doing what they do best, at least, so it's hardly like they're as defunct as most other referenced games in Ultimate.

Want: 10%
In some other timeline where Nintendo chose to translate a different RPG for the GBA, he probably definitely would've been in Isaac's place. I guarantee you that hundreds of people would've been crying about DeMille "just" being an Assist Trophy there.

Prediction
Micaiah: 7%

Nominations
Hat Kid x5

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Desmond Miles
Chance: 0%: Nope. We aren't getting another Japan exclusive. Especially if Erdrick happens.
Want: 0% Alpha Dream do deserve a character. But that should be Mark and Luigi from the M%L series.
Nominations Hollow Knight x3, Mach Rider x2
What does Erdrick have to do with the chances for Japanese exclusives?

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
DeMille
Well I had to do all this research in preparation for today (though I hadn't even thought to check for a supporter page) since this was the first character I literally hadn't even heard of before and he is an interesting character, almost a perfect pick for a retro character due to his history concerning the beloved Mario & Luigi series if it wasn't for that pesky region exclusivity. That said like several people have already mentioned, DLC has to be able to sell itself and with exception to a few fan favorites (Geno, Banjo, Isaac to a degree) I just don't see any retro pick really backing the star power needed to be DLC. On top of that you still deal with him being Japanese exclusive, a spirit, and neither a 3rd party or a promotional pick, all of which has been discussed to death as being real walls in any character's DLC dreams.

Want: 25%
As far as retro fighters go he would probably be higher on my list than others but I don't think he would even in my top 20 for DLC picks. I wouldn't really be mad to see him on the roster other than taking a slot from someone more deserving.

Prediction: Micaiah 5%
Too lazy to look back and see what Celica got but take it and drop 10% off for being less recent.

Nominations: Ravio x5

Flyboy

Smash Hero
DeMille
Chance:
0%
Hey, I remember the last time DeMille was up! I remember there was a dude who was unreasonably mad at the character because they personally hadn't heard of them. It's wild how little things change. Anyway, because of that guy, I made it my mission to actually look into characters when considering Wants because that makes the thread actually fun.

For chance, I'm afraid I'm going to say it's not happening. I just think he's a little too obscure for this round. Popular in some circles, but the competition is just too vicious. Even other obscure Nintendo characters compete for this spot. It's a shame though.

Want: 10%
Yeah! He's not high on my list - I fully admit that I haven't played the game - but AlphaDream makes games I love and DeMille is just too cute! He has a bunch of wacky moves and as established I'm a sucker for wacky moves, and he'd bring a really fun cartoony style to Smash. I'll have to check out Tomato's LP one day as I have nothing but respect for that guy and since TA is the game that begot Mario & Luigi it has to be worth a look. This rating may go higher once I've properly watched his game but right now he looks like a fun and cute character that through artstyle alone would bring a spark to Smash. At the very least he'd make a wonderful assist trophy.

Nominations: Style Savvy Rep x5

Last edited:

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
Lil' Chungus
Chance: 0%
Want: 35%
We're back at this guy again, huh? Well, let's do a recap on what I said last time...
SOME OBSCURE DJANGO RABBIT THAT HATES TOMATOES FOR SOME REASON
Want: 5%

Did some research: Completely obscure, solely eastern based, unsuccessful GBA character with no following whatsoever. Somehow Sakurai was found talking about DeMille in some form, and that got people thinking that he was gonna be in Brawl. But that didn't happen, AND he also wasn't in the forbidden 7 characters that got scrapped during the final release. At least he would have a semi-interesting moveset. I'm gonna move on before the walls get covered in tomato juice.
Things have changed since then, and my opinions have also changed a little. DeMille has gotten a spirit, alongside another spirit of three tomatoes. (I forgot what they were called...) Though his chances are still good as dead, it shows Sakurai is aware of DeMille's existence. He is a very obscure and is a Japan exclusive character that didn't do very well in his region. He does have a crazy amount of moveset potential however, which definitely increased my want score for him. I also like his design, and he would fit in Smash well despite being obscure.

Micaiah 1.01%

Reaper x5

Last edited:

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
DeMille:

Chance - 0.01%

He is the protagonist of a Japan-only GBA game. I think that is enough to say he isn't likely. And yea we have Lucas and Roy but that's different plus Tomato Adventure is super obscure. Sorry but it isn't happening.

Want - 0%

Give me a character who I actually know and people would want. I haven't played Tomato Adventure but this is a really stupid choice for DLC in my opinion. I didn't know anything about this guy until this thread...

Nominations: Rhythm Girl x5

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
DeKilometer
Any character as obscure as him is automatically out of the picture. DLC has to sell. While there will always be people who'd buy anyone for the sake of learning matchups or being a completionist, DeMile would still be one of the least profitable characters they could put in. Why in God's name would Nintendo ever pick him over Dee, Elma, Sylux, Chorus Kids or basically any third-party? Heck even Geno would bring in more cash.

Want: 0%
No hard feelings but no thanks. I should be abstaining here but I'll probably never get the chance to play Tomato Adventure anyway. Besides, DeMile has done nothing to earn a spot on the roster. He would just be an obscure character for the sake of having an obscure character.

Micaiah: 1.13%
100 characters x5

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
My bad, I'll just go hide in the corner of shame now...
Hey no worries man, it took me three days of rating to actually get it right so my nominations would count lol if you want go up and check out the other replies today to see a format of how it should work.

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
My bad, I'll just go hide in the corner of shame now...
Also Marx is disconfirmed as a boss character. Sorry, but I had to inform you since you're new here. Characters that have been disconfirmed such as Assist Trophies, PokeBalls, boss characters, and developer disconfirmations will sadly not be rated.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

VEGETABLE OR FRUIT

Chance :
Off the bat, DeMille’s chances ain’t looking so hot. He’s the protagonist of Tomato Adventure, a 2002 japan-only GBA game that essentially serving as the predecessor to the Mario and Luigi series, where he goes on a tomato-themed adventure to defeat King Avila and save his homeland (and girlfriend, what a chad). DeMille fights using a yo-yo like weapon called a Gear Yo-yo, alongside several other Gimmicks. Despite this, Sakurai has actually acknowledged DeMille in the brawl days, where he ran a site where people could submit movesets and ideas for characters and he chose and highlighted his favourites. DeMille was actually highlighted twice, so at the least he was on Sakuari’s radar at a point. Tomato Adventure was released on the Japanese e-shop in 2015, and Tomato Adventure suprisingly has two spirits in the game, so it’s nit forgotten. What’s especially interesting is that AlphaDream has rather recently updated their job recruitment page, and on that page brand new-artwork featuring a redesigned DeMille and Pasaran is shown. This raises the possibility that AlphaDream is working on a new Tomato Adventure Project that could help revive and expose the series for the modern age (ok 2002 wasn’t that long ago). If this is the case, Nintendo could want to promote the game via DeMille as a DLC character. He’s not as impossible as it seems! However, DeMille’s cons are pretty self-evidently. He is a very obscure character from a rather obscure game, he’s pretty irrelevant, he’s minor in the grand scheme of things, his game is japan-exclusive. Nintendo seems to be aiming for real big-names with DLC, which DeMille certainly ain’t. An assist trophy is the furthest I could maybe see him going reasonably, as that’s what happened to fellow suggestion from Sakurai’s site Sukapon. Even if this new Tomato Adventure game is happening, it seems to be in the early stages and might not release for a few years, and who knows how long DLC will run.
3%
If it weren’t for that potential new game hint, I would have rated him lower.

Want :
From the start, I like real obscure games, and it’s nice to see them get the spotlight once in a while, so I would have been kind to DeMille anyway. I haven’t played Tomato Adventure, but I have heard of it in passing before so DeMille isn’t completely unfamiliar to me. What’s more is that DeMille definitely seems to have the potential for a very unique moeveset with his literal Gimmicks and Yo-yo. Like his design too, plus the passion some people have for the game is nice to see. Still haven’t played it yet though, so I can’t rate him too highly.
50%
Let’s raise that want statistic a bit I suppose.

Noms:Ezio x5
I’m the only one pushing him as far as I can tell, so getting him rated might take a while haha.

Last edited by a moderator:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Also Marx is disconfirmed as a boss character. Sorry, but I had to inform you since you're new here. Characters that have been disconfirmed such as Assist Trophies, PokeBalls, boss characters, and developer disconfirmations will sadly not be rated.
Bosses and developer disconfirmations are counted, so those noms for Marx are valid.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Demille (Tomato Conspiracy)

Chance: 0%. He's from an obscure, Japanese only GBA game. Why would Nintendo pick him?

Want: Abstain. I've never played Tomato adventure.

Noms: Grovyle x5

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
DeMille
Chance: 0.1%
He's a one-off Japan only character from a game that released for more than 15 years ago. He doesn't really have anything going for him.
Want: 65%
I don't know much about this character or his game. But from what I've seen it seems like he'd be pretty fun to play in Smash.
Same scores as last time. Honestly, I'm not sure why we're rating this character again. The only thing I could add is that he's now a spirit which probably hurts his chances even more.

FE prediction: 1.5%
Noms: Stages outside Fighter Pass x5

Last edited:

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
The Mill

Chance: 0% - I seriously have no idea who this even is, and unsurprisingly, it seems like everyone else feels the same way. A character from a Japan-only GBA game with poor sales? That's sure to sell incredibly well..

Want: I should probably abstain since I know absolutely nothing about this game/character.

Mach Rider x5

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Demille

Abstain want

0% Chance

I put Demille on the schedule for a request. He is a spirit. He is Japanese only. I do not think he will ever be in smash. But I do feel he is not boring enough to give a 0.

Sephiroth x 5

Today we got Michaiah from Radiant Dawn. Troykv Troykv requested her so here she is. Spirit and fire emblem etc.

Tomorrow is Arle Nadja presumably unless GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 has a schedule that says otherwise. Predict her for now.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Demille

Abstain want

0% Chance

I put Demille on the schedule for a request. He is a spirit. He is Japanese only. I do not think he will ever be in smash. But I do feel he is not boring enough to give a 0.

Sephiroth x 5

Today we got Michaiah from Radiant Dawn. Troykv Troykv requested her so here she is. Spirit and fire emblem etc.

Tomorrow is Arle Nadja presumably unless GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 has a schedule that says otherwise. Predict her for now.
Right on it chief.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Micaiah

Chance: 2%
Sakurai has stated that there is already an overabundance of characters so I don't think we'll be getting any FE characters unless they are extremely popular or from a recent game. The only FE characters I think have a chance at DLC are someone from Three Houses or someone from Heroes. While Micaiah is popular she'd have to compete with characters from the aforementioned games not to mention other big names like Celica, Azura, and Hector. Her being a spirit doesn't help.

Want: 30%
My only knowledge of Micaiah is through FE Heroes. That said I love her design and I think it'd be cool to have another magic-based fighter. Score would be higher but I still want Celica first and I feel Micaiah's inclusion would completely kill Celica's chances since they're both magic-based FE fighters.

Arle Nadja chance prediction: 4.39%

Nominations:
Concept: SNK rep x5

Troykv

Smash Master
And to finish the line of characters in the schedule we have Micaiah, the main character from Radiant Dawn and one of the icons of the Fire Emblem Franchises in her position as one of the 16 Main Characters in the franchises (currently). This will be a quite interesting day for me because I quite like to talk about her, so this post would ended up be a bit long compared with the ones I usually do; but I guess it talks a lot about the kind of passion I have for this character compared with the other options.

Let’s begin with the actual post then.

_________

The Chances.

Micaiah is a character in a hard position for a playable spot because she doesn't have the same recency that a character like Celica has, (or in the future someone like Edelgard or the Teacher will have); but Micaiah has some stuff on her side I would like to post some of them.

She is filled with niches and gimmicks that hadn't be replicate together in Smash yet; as one of the Main Characters (sometimes known as Lords) in the Franchise she is one of the key characters to represent them.

1.- Micaiah is a user of Magic (Light Magic)
In the Fire Emblem Series exists different Light Magic Tomes, and like the anima tomes (Fire/Wind/Thunder Magic) there exists tomes with different functions like being highly powerful but make you vulnerable (Aura), Long-Range Magic (Purge) and of course there are the ol'reliable ones that doesn't have particular disadvantages or advantages like Shine...

"But Robin already does the magic stuff"

Robin is more like a Mystical Knight, Red Mage, or whatever you think is the main focus in the moveset, the magic is a part of important of their gimmick, but they are essentially sword-user in most of their moveset; Micaiah is a complete magic user that doesn't use swords, and she doesn't need them anyway; in fact, the lack of a sword make Micaiah more flexible in the way she can use the animations of her attacks to create some unusual hitboxes not possible with a weapon that is attached to the user.

But Magic isn't limited just to flashy movements, Micaiah also has in her side other way of using her power.

2.- Micaiah is a user of the Utility-Based Magical Staves.
The staves are one of the most useful tools you can find in a Fire Emblem because of their special utilities as support tools. There are some very straightforward like the ones that heals HP or Status Ailments. But there are also some that offer many possibilities; Warping and Rescuing Units can be used to move units at positions that would otherwise being impossible, making them key to create powerful strategies to beat even the hardest maps (for people that known about Reinhardt, his map in Thracia 776 it’s quite harsh if you’re unable to Teleport your units and take the castle quickly).

Micaiah is the only lord that is actually associated (but not as much as the Light Magic) with Staves, and they're one of the key elements in the franchise (the Staves and their strategies are as old as the first Fire Emblem) that would be represented in some way.

3.- Micaiah's signature abilities.
Alongside the more well known use of Magic and Staves that appear across the series; Micaiah has her own abilities beyond these. Micaiah has Corona (also known as: Dawn Light), that is the name of the Micaiah's Proc Skill that does additional damage (more specifically, ignores the enemy's Magic Resistance) and can blind the enemies affected; in her game she isn't the only character that uses this skill, but unless you're very unlucky (getting Corona'd by Sephiran), it's unlikely you ended up seeing someone else using the ability.

When casting Corona, Micaiah creates a light sphere above her.

Micaiah also has another ability, and this one is completely unique to her (even in Fire Emblem): Sacrifice (also known as: Healing Hands), this is a tricky skill, it's effect (as their names would indicate), is a healing skill that gives HP to other units, quite interesting, not exactly the easiest skill to represent in Smash; but would at least work for some kind of Cool Easter Egg.

Also, Micaiah has her own personal magic tome: Thani, which would be an important element of how Micaiah would work in Smash Bros.

Thani is a magic weapon known to be effective against Cavalry and Armor Units (a property that is conserved even in most recent depictions of Micaiah like the one in Fire Emblem Heroes), a property shared with the Rapier (Marth’s and Roy’s Base Weapon) that it’s basically the reason why Marth has Shieldbreaker capabilities.

There is a moveset I did for Source Gaming exploring many of the previously explained ideas and even more: http://sourcegaming.info/2016/12/22/ds-micaiah/ (I hope you found them interesting)

After explaining the gameplay stuff, the things that would interest Sakurai for a new character, it's time to explore other points; the things that helps or damages her chances.

Let's start with the negatives.

Micaiah hasn't have a new appearance in a Main Game (unless you want to count Fire Emblem Heroes) since Awakening, and that was essentially a cameo; Micaiah most notable appearance in the last years was in the Fire Emblem Heroes some time ago (January 2018) and her moment as a Main Character being in Radiant Dawn 11 years ago (February 2007)

She is evidently behind some other people for a spot in the next Smash Bros; whoever is the Edelgard or someone else from the Switch Game, and there would be another choices to consider too like is pretty well known that DLC it’s will be mostly DLC.

These are quite heavy problems, but Micaiah still has some things in her side.

Now the positives.

Something important for a character selection, it's stand out in the roster; Micaiah has a similar anime aesthetic to the rest of the Fire Emblem Character, so, isn't hard to see a which franchises she belongs, but the rest of her design makes her feel completely different from the usual Fire Emblem protags.

Also, related with her design, being a original female character kind of helps; it’s not exactly the biggest of the advantages; but hey, it’s something..

Micaiah surprisingly got some support during the ballot time, as it was show for the Source Gaming Posts about it... Nothing super special, but the support actually exists.

Most Wanted 2015 without confirmed characters pre-September..png

BTW, I hope Bandana Dee fans get something eventually

And the last thing to consider; it’s probably a stretch; but Micaiah benefits a bit of the surprise factor because she is a character that lives her support partially thanks to the moveset ideas it can offer compared with her potential competition.

And so, I decided to give her a 15% Chance rate... she is definitely unlikely, but she isn’t someone that can be simply ignored, the potential is here, waiting to be found.

The Want

I want to start saying that Fire Emblem is my second favorite franchise from Nintendo and in the videogame industry in general, only Smash it above it, and Kirby it’s the only other franchise that comes close to my love and dedication, it give me exciting adventures and stories, a incredible fun way to play strategy games I have never seen in my life and done in a quite simple way, I love the RPG Elements the game has; it also give me tons of new characters to known and like in their stories, people like Marth, Caeda, Minerva, Sigurd, Roy, Sophia, Nino, Lucina and more. But above all of them, she is different from the rest.

Micaiah is very important to me in a very personal way, I have a quite interesting story with her since I know of her existence, even before playing her game some years ago; in fact, I would say my story as a fan of Micaiah started when I was seeing the Speculation of Super Smash Bros. Brawl; learning everyday above new characters and stuff from the games, after all I loved MeIee, I definitely wanted to get Brawl and their gigantic collection of characters, engaging game design and other stuff we love about Smash.

During the Speculation I learned about one of the games related to this speculation; it’s name was Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn; Fire Emblem was a franchise I knew about quite loosely thanks to some videos talking about Marth’s moves; and other stuff like that; it was a game I notice a few times in the store, and also found a bit about in magazines; I mostly remember from that time the pictures of the bulky Ike, the handsome green-head and the quite charming Silver-Haired Maiden; after the release of Brawl and after playing quite a lot I ended up checking the Trophies; I remember finding the Sothe Trophy, looking pretty much the same as the artworks in the magazines, with his description having a “Micaiah” character being quite prominent of it; after exploring the stickers in my times of boredom I made the connection; the Micaiah was indeed the Silver Girl from the Radiant Dawn Pictures.

In 2009, the year I was trying to complete Smash Bros Brawl again (because my first copy of the game died… and the Wii Console with it) was also the year I started properly to play Fire Emblem, and fall in love with the mechanics and the overall feeling; during this time I also started to investigate more about the franchise; I discovered many things, but the most relevant thing for today’s post in the fact I found that Micaiah was indeed the Main Character of Radiant Dawn; not just bulky Ike; and since that day it hurts my head understand why Sothe has a Trophy in the Brawl, but Micaiah doesn’t… that don’t make sense, after all Sothe’s importance in Radiant Dawn it was pretty much connected to be Micaiah’s bodyguard and best friend.

After this my young mind started to speculate the potential reasons for years; I never had a proper answer; but I was sure I wanted to play Radiant Dawn; the game looked awesome and the quite mysterious image of Micaiah was around it, it would learn something after play it.

I start feeling a special attachment to her, even before I played her game; I wanted to know her and Radiant Dawn better somehow; in 2012 and beyond I started seeing people discuss about the game, their characters and became quite connected with the cast despite having little experience with the narrative and how the game actually worked in the practice; this was also a hyped time, Awakening had coming and many of the main characters that ended up being forgotten were (kinda) resurrected in the form of the the DLC Stuff; the Micaiah in the Dark Mage outfit it’s probably one of the things I remember the most from those times. Micaiah was a character that without a doubt fascinates me, but I don’t actually became a fan until a bit later.

Smash Bros Wii U arrives along with many new characters; Awakening was the newest thing released from Fire Emblem; so I was sure we’re gonna get something from that game; I wasn’t very into the community of Smash to see people talking about rumours and stuff; I just knew it we’re gonna get an Awakening Character, at it was; I think after seeing Megaman in the game I wasn’t very interested in any character in particular and that point, I was just happy with everything.

Then 2015 arrived, Mewtwo Striking Back brings happiness to old and new fans; it also was the beginning of the Ballot; and age where speculation went nuts without a doubt; and this was also the key moment for me to become a Micaiah fan.

I remember a close friend (that also is a Fire Emblem Fan) told me that he wanted Micaiah in Smash Bros; I was confuse for the idea, but I became to embrace it after understanding the potential she had as a magic and staff user; this was the beginning of one of my busiest years trying to understand Micaiah as a character with a more mature mind-set and it was finally the moment I was properly capable of getting the Radiant Dawn Experience.

When I was done, I love it; and simply love it; I would see the flaws in the balance and the rush in development, but I simply loved the concepts they decided to went with Micaiah and her story it’s probably the most interesting and engaging of the International Fire Emblem Games; Micaiah is such a sweet gal, but it’s also stubborn and a has a ton more will power, despite looking like a character that would depend in the world to don’t die; she is smart enough to be a competent leader, even in the actual lore; and that was awesome.

Since this moment I was sure I was a Micaiah fan, and I wanted to make something in her name to make people respect more a character that was misunderstood for many and for many reasons. It made search for answer for many questions both for the game’s design, and for Micaiah’s criticisms.

For example, before playing Radiant Dawn I learned from many old opinions about Micaiah’s “Special Kind” Capabilities (talking about most of them would be a spoiler, so if you’re interested I can talk about it), and they make her some kind of Mary Sue in their minds; I became more obsessed with narrative; and learned from many sources what it’s actually a Mary Sue, and what isn’t. In the end it would say Micaiah made me less lazy.

Now I dedicate to write and share stuff to show how Micaiah would work in Smash Bros, to help other people understand her character better, and in general share Micaiah Love.

Maybe in the past I would have give 100% to other characters, but nowadays the only character I want with a burning passion is her. I love Micaiah in every way possible, I love her simple but extremely stylish and beautiful design, I love her character, I found her quite a charming person with many interesting aspects to see when you read the story, and of course, I love the fact she is a spellcaster unlike most of the Main Characters in Fire Emblem, I love my magic-based stuff. Micaiah is my favorite character in all media.

main visual expo fire emblem red background.png

Prediction:

Arle Nadja: 14.4%

Nominations:

Saber (Fate) x5

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Will give my rating first.

Mike

A Spirit, and a Fire Emblem character not from the latest game or the upcoming one. Not a ballot darling either. It’s likely that she missed the train for good, unless she gains massive popularity or Radiant Dawn gets remade/ported.

Want: 75%
I love Radiant Dawn. Therefore, I have a soft spot for Micaiah. I just don’t think Fire Emblem should get more characters before cuts (so, not in Ultimate). Even down the line, I’d rather just characters with lots of popularity get in, and Micaiah just doesn’t fit the bill. Sorry.

Nominations: ???

Edit: from now on I’ll just nominate the highest placing character or concept that I want rated, until they get into the top 7. Right now, that’s Professor Hector (x5)

Last edited:

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
Some girl from Ike's game:
Chance: 0%-Even if Nintendo wants to make another FE character, they've got a new game they could promote with it. Also, Japan's tastes have been covered widely just with the fact that they brought many veterans and the Inklings, that Source-Gaming poll quite made it clear that their tastes aren't too different from ours. that and that the other Smash poll didn't even have her iirc (I'm talking about the one with Rex and Sora).
Want: 0%-No more Fire Emblem characters. The fact that she's another mage like Robin and the guy from Marth's game doesn't make it any more appealing to me.
Nominations: Dantex5

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Radiant Pwn (thanks!)

Chance: 1%. More or less, everything Grief said was what I was going to say. Spirit, not from the most recent game, not from an upcoming game. While she's certainly popular among the FE fandom, not getting into Brawl or Smash 4 has kinda made her a much harder sell at this point.

Want: 25%. While I find her interesting, I have another Fire Emblem character I'd rather have, another mage I'd rather have, and another girl I'd rather have, with the last two having overlap. However, I do not doubt for a second that she'd be fun or interesting. It's just... who wouldn't be?

Nominations: Arle didn't break the barrier. Darn it. I'mma go with Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden, not like there are other Ryu Hayabusa's running around) x 5, alternating between him and Sly Cooper for a while.

Prediction: Sadly I don't see Arle getting past 5.24%. There's only one reason why, at this point, but... it's kind of a big reason.

Oh boy. I've been seeing a lot of these massive write ups for characters on RTC, and I'm gonna have to do that tomorrow. Wish me luck.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
THESE CHARACTERS ARE LOCKED DOWN, NOMINATIONS FOR THEM ARE NOW OBSOLETE

January 11: Arle Nadja (Madou Monogatari/Puyo Puyo)
January 12: Rhythm Girl (Rhythm Heaven)
January 13: Concept: All DLC will be third-party
January 14: Hollow Knight (Hollow Knight)
January 15: Mach Rider (Mach Rider)
January 16: Nero Claudius (Fate)

January 17: Reimu Hakurei (Touhou Project)

Holy crap the last time I did one of these was October 22. Besides the fact that it’s been nearly three months... We got all newcomers over a month before the game’s release. How did they **** up so bad? How did we pull through? Why are we still here? Just to suffer?

Arle Nadja didn’t break the record for most noms, but she sure as hell came close. If Joker hadn’t been confirmed and another day had passed, she might have gotten there (and it’s not the only way Joker getting in has screwed Arle over...)

Mach Rider got a surprising amount of last minute support (hey, just like when the Grinch happened!) and managed to beat out Nero Claudius. Reimu Hakurei got in at the last minute, and in fact beat out Grovyle by a single nomination.

The new top seven consists of Grovyle, Stages outside Fighter Pass, Reaper, Gen 8 Pokémon, More DLC, SNK rep, and Sephiroth. Lotta concepts here.

Grovyle (Pokémon Mystery Dungeon) x264
Concept: Stages outside Fighter Pass x260
Reaper (Overwatch) x251
Concept: Gen 8 Pokemon x241
Concept: More DLC x240
Concept: SNK rep x190
Sephiroth x180

150 - 101

Dark Matter x145
Ravio x140
Professor Hector x137
Concept: No fan favorite/highly requested characters x135
Ezio Auditore da Firenze x135
Kat & Ana x130
Dante x130
Bonkers (Kirby) x130
Andy (Advance Wars) x120
Ryota Hayami x120
Shy Guy x120
Concept: World of Light expansion x120
Amy Rose x115
Concept: Boss Rush x115
Q*Bert x112
Arthas Menethil (Warcraft) x110
Brash the Bear x110
Sly Cooper x110
Maxwell (Scribblenauts) x110
Concept: 100 characters (counting Echo Fighters and Miis/Pokémon Trainer as 3) x110
Magikarp x109
Impa x101
Porky Minch x101

100 - 51

Tracer x100
Monster Hunter x100
Poochy x100
Cranky Kong x100
Vaati x100
Nathan Drake x100
Concept: Microsoft Rep x100
Aloy x100
Protector (Etrian Odyssey) x100
Concept: Undertale rep x100
Concept: Style Savvy rep x100
Concept: Third-party character from unrepped Company x95
Lora (Xenoblade) x90
Boss: Kracko x85
Hat Kid x85
9-Volt x69
Spyro x57

50 - 25

Creeper x47
Freddi Fish and Luther (Freddi Fish) x45
Papyrus x41
Frisk x40
Concept: Assist Trophy becomes Fighter x30
Ninten x30
Thrall (Warcraft) x25
Cooking Mama x25

Under 25

Boss: Perfect Chaos x20
Kamek x20
Earthworm Jim x20
Hector (Fire Emblem) x15
Pyra & Mythra (sans Rex) x15
Concept: Dragalia Lost rep x10
Decidueye x10
Concept: Bethesda rep x10
Frog (Chrono Trigger) x10
Amaterasu x10
Beat (Jet Set Radio) x10
Tora and Poppi x10
Concept: Spectator Emotes x10
Concept: Spirits aren’t disconfirmations x10
Brian (Quest 64) x10
Blacephalon x5
Zhao Yun (Dynasty Warriors) x5
Monokuma x5
Concept: Another joke character x5
Neptune x5
Concept: Crazi Taxi rep x5
Oliver (Ni No Kuni) x5
Ryu Hayabusa x5
Concept: Free updates (Splatoon-style) x5
Courier (Fallout) x5
Scorpion x5
Concept: Another literally who Level-5 Character who's popular in Japan, like Achilles or Mark Evans x5
Starman (Pro Wrestling) x5
Black Shadow x5
Marx (Kirby) x5
Lizalfos x4
Toon Zelda x3
Eight (Dragon Quest) x3
Boss: Sans x2
Adeleine (Kirby) x2
Urbosa x1
Stahl x1
[Rerate] Steve? x1

As for other nominations news, Marx joins the list with 5 noms.
I played her game yet I can't come up with a funny tagline for Micaiah. I'm losing my touch.

Chance: 1%. More or less, everything Grief said was what I was going to say. Spirit, not from the most recent game, not from an upcoming game. While she's certainly popular among the FE fandom, not getting into Brawl or Smash 4 has kinda made her a much harder sell at this point.

Want: 25%. While I find her interesting, I have another Fire Emblem character I'd rather have, another mage I'd rather have, and another girl I'd rather have, with the last two having overlap. However, I do not doubt for a second that she'd be fun or interesting. It's just... who wouldn't be?

Nominations: Arle didn't break the barrier. Darn it. I'mma go with Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden, not like there are other Ryu Hayabusa's running around) x 5, alternating between him and Sly Cooper for a while.

Prediction: Sadly I don't see Arle getting past 5.24%. There's only one reason why, at this point, but... it's kind of a big reason.

Oh boy. I've been seeing a lot of these massive write ups for characters on RTC, and I'm gonna have to do that tomorrow. Wish me luck.
if you’re looking for a pun what about Radiant Pwn.

Keep that one free of charge.

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
Demille

Abstain want

0% Chance

Sephiroth x 5

:D

(BTW; The name is Micaiah)

SPEN18

Smash Lord
Micaiah

Rounds down to the nearest percent. Micaiah is a pretty popular FE characters, but she's outranked in that arena by a few others like Lyn and she's not from a recent game. Radiant Dawn didn't sell too well so I don't think Nintendo would pick another character from that game; Ike got in due to being the most recent FE protagonist when Brawl was planned and has stayed in primarily due to his massive popularity. Micaiah could be pretty unique, but that's not much.

Want: 3%
Radiant Dawn is a fantastic FE game in a lot of ways, but I don't think it needs another rep. I wouldn't have a problem with Micaiah being in the game, but I feel that there are other FE characters that are ahead of her in line, like Lyn. Besides, if we got another PoR/RD rep then I'd choose Sothe or BK first.

As an aside, I remember reading a review for Radiant Dawn back in the day and they criticized it for not using the Wii's motion controls. What did they expect lol?

Noms: Andy x5

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Non promotional FE character
Chance: 0.01%
-Spirit

-Not from a game they could promote
-Not a main lord
-Not really well known
-Wouldn't be relatively profitable
-Sakurai thinks there are too many FE character

Want: 1%
-Don't want to spend money on more FE
-I'd like to see other franchises be represented

-Many more sensible picks are still not in
-But she would deconfirm spirits not getting in as fighters and the DLC being entirely third-party so ehhhhhhhhh

Arle: 4.22%
100 characters x5

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Micaiah

Chance: 0 - Not going to happen. she's not even in FE Warriors, which makes no sense to me, but Ike isn't in either so... yeah, not sure what's up there. I really don't think we're getting any new FE characters unless it's someone from 3 houses. Plus, I think I remember seeing a spirit of her in the game, which I still think de-confirmed characters

Want: 70 - I've never played Radiant Dawn, but I really want to because Ike is my dude. Through reading reviews of the game I feel like I would like her in the game and Troy's post makes me think she could be a fun character to play. I'm on board.

Noms:
Gen 8 pokemon x5

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
Micaiah
Chance: 7%
Shes a spirit and her game is already represented with a fighter and an Assist Trophy so she doesn't have a whole lot going for her. That said the fact that both Robin and Corrin got in specifically because they were a Lord/main character who has a unique fighting style means she has a better chance than many of the other FE Lords.

Want: 60%
Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn are my favorite Fire Emblem games and I'd love to see a pure mage fighter in Smash. That said I'd really like to see Black Knight get in so she has direct competition from her own game.

Prediction: Arle 3.7%
Nominations: Ravio x5
We're so close I can taste it. P.S. if anyone is looking for someone new to nominate after your person got on the schedule Ravio is available :4pacman:

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Micaiah

Chance: 2%

Celica would likely get in before her at this given moment. She would only be likely if we got a Radiant Dawn remake. And before that happens, Path of Radiance would need a remake, and shamefully that isn’t happening yet.

Want: 50%

She’s cool and has plenty abilities to make her interesting and I loved Radiant Dawn. Yet that alone doesn’t hype me too much. Even if Radiant Dawn is my favorite FE game.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Micaiah
Chance:
1%
With the amount of Fire Emblem characters being remarked on by Sakurai as a little overboard, the lack of RD's current relevance, and Micaiah being outclassed by other more popular reps like Lyn or Celica, I don't see it happening. Now, if she somehow started dominating the FEH polls like the others there's no reason it wouldn't be possible in the future but as has been remarked on she wasn't even in FE Warriors (which had it's own set of roster problems) so she isn't really promotional either. Not that I think promotional is necessary, but I just think her time has passed...for now. FEH and a total roster shakeup could change everything for a future game.

Want: 60%
I love Fire Emblem. I am not upset about constantly getting FE reps, though I think there's a 1% chance we are getting any in this pack. Look at that huge post from earlier. That's how you sell a character. Micaiah isn't even on my shortlist of who I'd pick for a pack of five DLC FE reps but I'd still buy her instantly based on that post alone. Great character, GREAT moveset potential, and while she's no Anna (my dream FE rep) she's more than wanted to further rep Ike's games. I think the series as a whole or currently unrepped games would be better to draw characters from, though.

Nominations: Style Savvy Rep x5

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I’ll be damned if I’m not gonna see Ezio through to the end goddamnit.
RADIANT FAUN-A

Chance :
Micaiah is one of the main playable characters in Fire Emblem:Radiant Dawn, being a user of light magic and significant character in the game’s story, leading the Dawn Brigade to fight for the freedom of her homeland Daein. She’s pretty much the only main fire emblem character to use magic exclusively, and light magic at that so she’d certainly be unique among the roster and when compared to Robin, which is also the reason Sakurai chose Corrin. She’s also the main character for the first half of Radiant Dawn so within her own game she has high significance. She also has her own popularity among smash fans, granted not huge, but in some collected data for polls in the smash-ballot period, Micaiah had a presence. Her problems arise again in her general lack of significance in the series as a whole. While she is a main character, she didn’t appear again in the series until Awakening as a DLC character, and even then she wasn’t give high prominence, and she was only added to Heroes last January which is her last appearance as of now. Safe to say she isn’t super prominent in Fire Emblem as a whole. Another thing is that her last main appearance was in Radiant Dawn nearly 12 years ago. She’s pretty irrelevant if you exclude cameos. As always, Nintendo seems to be aiming for real big names for the DLC and I’d say Micaiah is relatively obscure these days. Only way I can see her getting in is if they’re remaking Radiant Dawn and want to promote it with Micaiah, but we already have a Fire Emblem game releasing this year in 2011+8, so this hypothetical remake would likely come out a few years of now, after DLC might have already finished up. Even then, one could argue Ike already promotes Radiant Dawn just fine.
5%

Want :
Pretty much see what I said for Merric. Not super familiar with her, but she sounds like a cool character, her play style sounds like it could be pretty interesting cause we don’t really have a light-magic user in smash excluding maybe Palutena, and I do quite like her design. Nice to see people passionate about a character too.
50%

Noms: Ezio x5

Last edited by a moderator:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Micaiah

Chance - 0.5% - Fire Emblem characters already have a tough time, due to already being seen as over represented and having a new game coming up leaving another Roy/Corrin situation. The fact that she is also a spirit doesn't help. While she's somewhat popular, I don't think that she has enough star power among either fan base to overcome her negatives, and they are likely to focus elsewhere.

Want - 45% - I'd probably take her over most other Fire Emblem characters if I had to. That said, I'm too attached to Anna to really want anyone else from Fire Emblem.

Prediction

Arle Nadja - 2.34% - The Joke's on her...

Nominations

Dark Matter X5

Top Bottom