• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Crash:

Realistic chance: 30%

Being generous here. Am not really seeing it. Yeah he got a revival and all that, but it doesn't make him a candidate immediately. Unlike Cloud, there's not a strong connection to Nintendo in the same way.

Want: 0%

Am not really a fan of third party characters in the first place.

Nominating Impa x 10

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Daisy is not the subject matter of the day. Please stay on-topic.

All the posts have been removed from view. If you wish to discuss that kind of stuff still, take it to PM's instead, please.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Crash Bandicoot
Chance: 50%

Crash is, or rather was, to Sony what Sonic is to Sega or what Pac-Man is to Namco or Rayman is to Ubisoft.
He's a massive gaming icon from back in the day with his only real Playstation Platformer rivals being Lara Croft and Spyro.

Unfortunately unlike Sonic he had a rather large leave of absense which is probably why a fair majority of kids hadn't heard of the Bandicoot until last year. Compare his name to his fellow Naughty Dog character Nathan Drake, and Crash whilst far more unique looking and famous with the older generation may be a bit of an unknown to the youth of today.

That said I can't deny that Crash is one of the names that would get the biggest hype from any remaining third party choices. Rayman and Bomberman, whilst both on the Switch already and good quality characters(both of whom I adore) are no where near the level of stardom Crash enjoyed back in the day.

Want: 70%
I'd be hyped to see he, Sonic and Mario punch each other in the chops as they'd represent the old console wars of yesteryear, but I'm not that big on Crash. Growing up I remember seeing him everywhere but I always preferred Spyro as a sony series, Bomberman as a game, and honestly preferred Rayman Origins and Legends to the N-Sane Trilogy.

Added amusing bonus is it'd make Playstation All Stars even more ironic with first Snake, then Cloud and now Crash jumping over to Nintendo to get in a party fighter...just needs Spyro and Lara Croft in future installments and Smash Bros. Will end up the ultimate PlayStation All Stars game!

Lyndis prediction: 17%

Nominations:
Chibi-Robo x 3
Impa x 7

Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Crash

Chance: 25%

I believe Sakurai decided this roster before his recent resurgence happened, so I don't think he was a prime contender amongst guest characters. Sakurai also seems to be more interested in representing Japanes games. I do think it's possible he picked him anyway, just because of how iconic and influential he was on the original PlayStation around the world (including Japan). And he was on the Smash Bros. 2 poll, which is something, but so was Doraemon, so...

Want: 60%
Having him along with Mario and Sonic would be something truly special, he would fit in very nicely.

Nominations: Geno x5

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Crash
Chance: 5%
I don’t think third parties are going to be nearly as heavy as a lot of people think. They may have been most of the DLC for Smash 4, but I think the biggest names are mostly played out. Crash has seen a recent revival with the N-Sane Trilogy, but I don’t think it’s big enough to put him back on the map for where he’d need to be for third party consideration, and I don’t think he was ever on the level of most of the other inclusions, though maybe I just missed his fan base at the time.
I didn’t grow up with Crash, and when I saw his first game, it was one of the most underwhelming 3D platformers I had ever seen. Minimal move set potential that I could see, and game design that seemed utterly archaic compared to Mario 64, even though that game released months earlier. Never understood where this guy’s fan base came from.

MistressRemilia

Smash Journeyman
Crash Bandicoot

Chances: 10%

Already a step above the fairly unknown to the East Rayman, Crash Bandicoot remains a western character who's vocal fans have truly shown interest in the character being in Smash Bros with the reveal of his remade trilogy into the Switch, which is a very weak argument that has been used countless times to justify questionable picks such as the likes of Doomguy, Solaire or Dovaahkin. Maybe as DLC if there's a sort of 2nd ballot, but i wouldn't be hopeful.

We have enough 3rd parties. I can appreciate the Crash series of games but i think he just doesn't fit, with his sort of " Bootleg Sonic " legacy in the days of PS1 vs N64 ( & Saturn, to an extent ). He's more suited for Playstation All Stars Battle Royale, in which he should have been, along with Spyro.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Crash Bandicoot:

Chance:
10% - I think Crash's resurgence happened too late, the roster was likely decided upon late 2016, and Crash only really became a thing again in mid 2017, and as a PS exclusive at the time. Even if the roster was changed or decided later than that, which I highly doubt, then there was no evidence that Crash's comeback would be a success until even later than mid 2017, and I don't think a Switch port was planned until they knew how well the game would sell. I think he's a prime candidate for DLC, but I'd be surprised to see him make the base roster.

Want: 80% - I absolutely adore the original Crash trilogy, and I think the N. Sane Trilogy did it justice, so he's one of the few 3rd party characters I'm willing to make an exception for. I want his inclusion not just because I like the character, but also to keep the series' momentum going. My only worry is moveset potential, you can certainly make a moveset for him, but I can't really figure one out that I'd find much fun to play, it's likely to be very basic.

Nominations: Shovel Knight x5

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Just like with Fire Emblem, those "no more 3rd parties" people are also setting themselves up for major disappointment.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Chance: 60%
A great video game icon, which tho isn't as widely known in Japan iirc, which can be a significant issue.

Want: abstain
Haven't played to any of his games and haven't grew up with him so no real connection with him.

Nominations:
Music: Final Destination (Ver. 2) x5

Lyn prediction: 34.9%

Just like with Fire Emblem, those "no more 3rd parties" people are also setting themselves up to major disappointment.
I agree for the third-parties, but I wouldn't be so sure about the FE characters if I was you.

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Crash Bandicoot
Chance: 10%
I don't see it happening for the base roster, but DLC is a possibility. Assuming every third party character returns, I don't think we will see too many new third party reps, and Crash has some heavy competition against a myriad of other potential third party characters.

Want: 10%
Crash is cool and all, and his games are fun, but he is far away from my top ten list of preferred third party characters to see in this game like Simon Belmont.

Lyndis prediction: 29.5% Oh tomorrow is going to be good. :p

x10 to Celica.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Crash Bandicoot is a very interesting case. With the Crash N. Sane Trilogy announced for Switch. It raised sudden expectations for Crash in Smash through the roof. While I can understand this, we need to consider something very important.

Assuming that Smash Switch’s roster was decided and developed in early 2016, how likely would it be that Sakurai and/or Activision to approach each other for agreeing on Crash Bandicoot being in Smash? The chances are really low. I would think that Activision themselves would be too busy with business/marketing to care about approaching Sakurai for characters. There was the Crash toys-to-life figure with Skylanders, but Crash advertising was not taken seriously until 2017 saw the release of the N. Sane Trilogy on the PS4.

By that time the port comes out for the Switch, it would have been too late for Crash to be considered for the base game roster. There is the high possibility of Crash happening via DLC though if it happens. Activision at this point of time would really care about adding Crash in Smash, as they would have likely noticed the recent, high demand of Crash from last Nintendo Direct’s announcement. But Crash getting in the base roster? That is HIGHLY unlikely to happen. Activision's greedy business practices back in early 2016 keeps me from seeing that possibility at all.

Out of all the companies, Activision would be among the most difficult to negotiate where Sakurai would have started planning the roster and development in. I would argue at that point, Activision would be more difficult to negotiate with among all Western third-parties/indies than Yacht Club Games, Ubisoft, or even a Japanese third-party like Square. It is VERY hard to imagine a scenario where Sakurai would be willing to negotiate with Activision with an addition like Crash in the base game of Smash Switch.

As ideal and exciting as Crash’s addition may be, I do not see him being playable yet.

x10 Octolings

Last edited:

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Crunch Bandicam

Chance- 60%
I may seem bold, but I am factoring DLC chances here too in this case. Unless Activision said to Nintendo back in 2015 "Hey, so were getting DK and Bowser in our Skylander game, and were developing a revival for Crash Bandicoot right now. If you bring Crash to the Smash Wii U DLC or Smash NX, well put the Crash games on NX" and Sakurai, Nintendo of America and Nintendo of Japan all simultaneously replied "Its too late for Smash 4 DLC but yeah sure cool Smash NX" right after, I dont think hell be base game.

However, his worldwide appeal, new life and importance to gaming (its not everyday another platform game gives even Mario a run for his money) will make him a prime choice for one of the first DLC 3rd party newcomers. The idea of a western character may seem unlikely, but I hold the belief that it just makes more sense from a buisness perspective to include atleast one westerb third party for the sake of more worldwide appeal. And sooner or later, there wont be anymore iconic Smash-worthy Japanese third parties to include. May take a while, but it will happen.

Want- 90%

PS1 was my first home system, and I even played Crash 1 before Mario 64. I was around 5 when I first played it, and couldnt get past a single level, but I still loved it . I didnt like it as much as Mario Land 2 on my Game Boy... or even Mario 64 now that ive played it over and over, but Crash is still dear to me. I want Rayman more than Crash, but Crash would certainly be more effective at breaking the internet with hype. The only 3rd party characters I could imagine breaking the internet more are the balls to the walls insane characters; like the trio of requested XBOX characters (Banjo, Master Chief, Steve)

Lyn-29.51%

TEN nominations!?!?! I could use these for good, but Im an asshat. So... (yes, Im serious)

Thwomp X 10

Last edited:

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Crash Bandicoot

Chances: 70%
I firmly believe he has an incredibly high chance of joining the roster this time around. Note that, in the Direct, they specifically mentioned that Crash is a "gaming icon", which show us that at the very least Nintendo is aware of Crash's importance for the gaming industry. Also, there's no way that Sakurai wouldn't be aware of the titles planned to come to the Switch in 2017/2018, he's in charge of a game that requires him to know what's happening inside the company.

As for Crash's relationship with Nintendo, he has several games on Nintendo consoles and even some exclusives on the GBA and DS. Also, Nintendo allowed Activision to include Bowser and DK on Skylanders Imaginators where Crash was also included on the series, indicating that the relationship between those two companies is in a good state.

Want: 100%
This dude was my childhood. Having him in Smash has always been my ultimate dream.

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Crash Bandicoot

Chance - 15%
N' Sane trilogy on Switch definitely a surprise and third party characters starting to wear a bit thin on star power. Crash certainly fills that quota, and would be a massive reveal to do.

Only problem is that his developer are Western. I guess it depends how well he scored on the ballot or how Sakurai/Nintendo can negotiate his inclusion. There's always a chance, but for now I'd still be surprised if he got in.

Want - 60%

Well if people want all-stars or icons, then Crash Bandicoot is up your alley. I've never played the series, but I know his status and character would cause an eruption of positivity towards the game. And the 1990s battle of Mario, Sonic, and Crash can finally happen. Why not?

Lyndis prediction: 17.4%

Noms: Phoenix Wright x5, Black Shadow x5 (everyone gets double noms, right? If not, just give five to Phoenix)

Last edited:

Tonydrake

Smash Apprentice
CRASH

Chance: 30 %

I think he has a solid chance to be playable, but not as high as other third-party characters like Bomberman

There's a good relationship between Nintendo and Activision, they already had a collaboration in Skylanders with Bowser and Donkey Kong

And they're bringing the Crash N Sane Trilogy to Nintendo Switch, so it seems a realistic candidate

Want: 100 %

He's one of my most wanted third-party characters. I truly love Crash and think he deserves to be in Smash even if he is more related to PlayStation, but so was Cloud and we got him

He's very iconic, his games are great (well, the ones made by Naughty Dog), his design is very cool and have moveset potencial, so is a big Yes for me

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Wait, everyone gets 10 nominations?
Edit: Just checked and I'm gonna update my noms

Jubileus57

Smash Ace
Crash Bandicoot's chances: 15%
I think people sorely overestimate the chances 3rd parties are getting. I just think most aren't iconic enough. The thing is, I think most consider the floodgate had been opened by Bayonetta, but I'd argue that she is practically a Nintendo foster child.

Crash Bandicoot wants: 0%
Right with Rayman among the videogame characters I dread to see the most.

Last edited:

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
Crash
Chance: 30%
It's hard to say whether Sakurai considered Crash during Smash Switch's development or not. While the N.Sane trilogy has definitely raised his relevance (positively as well) it might not have been on time. However, it's likely that he would be considered if DLC is happening for this game.

Want:100%
My most wanted character right now. Crash was right there with Sonic and Mario with games I grew up on and still enjoy to this day. Him being playable would be a dream come true and would have me really excited!

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Cash Hand-In Cool
I think I'll just go with what BluePikmin said on the matter, with an extra sprinkle of "predicting 3rd parties is hard"

Want: 50%
I could embed a picture of an O here and call it an Attachment of Zero because that's what I have

Anyways I'm here to mominate:
Impa x5 (Or x10 if truly everybody gets x10)

Lyndis: 5.78%

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Crash:

Chance: 18%

Want: 3%

Never cared for him or his games. I should really give them another go, but as of right now, I am not interested in seeing Crash in Smash.

Lyn Prediction: 31%

Nominations:
Ken Alt Costume for Ryu x5

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Crash
Chance: 25% - The former PlayStation mascot who couldn’t even make it into PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale. I don’t think we’re likely to see a western third-party character make it in, but Crash has the advantage of being one of the few western characters that is at least somewhat well known in Japan (more than we can say for Rayman).
Want: 50%

Lyn prediction: 29%

Nominations: New story mode x10

Last edited:

jamesster445

Smash Lord
Cresh

Chance- 10%
Some people are really overestimating Activision.
Want- 25%

Nominations- Ryu Hayabusa x5

chemo

Smash Apprentice
Crash Bandicoot

Chance: 35%

He is more relevant now than he was just several years ago I can say that much, and he's got the history backing him up, though otherwise idk his chances.

Want: 40%

I'm not someone who has much appreciation for his home series and there are other third-party characters I'd rather like to see before him, but I think it would be kinda cool for him to have a spot in Smash considering he used to be the de facto mascot of one of Nintendo's biggest rivals.

Nomination:

Doomguy x10

Last edited:

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Chance: 78%

He's a gaming icon who once outsold Mario. Depends on if Masahiro knew about the ports or not though. If third-parties are going to continue to be added, characters like Crash are who would be looked at.

Want: 38%

He's not that interesting to me, but he is moreso than Rayman.

Nominations: Urban Champion ×7
Kamek ×3

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
Crash:
Those 3rd parties are a big deal. He has a good shot.
Not my childhood, and a pretty ugly design on top of that. Definitely not seeing the appeal other than nostalgia and being a recognizable character. I wouldn’t want to fight as that thing. I’d be happy for the ppl that do have childhood memories of him though.

Lyn prediction: 18%

X10 Midna

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Chance 50%

This all really depends if sakurai knew about the revival back in 2016 (while the roster was being decided)

But 80% for DLC slot though

Want 100%

This would be great I love crash

Nominations

Shovel knight 5x

DaisyandRosalina

Smash Apprentice
Crash
Chances: 50%
He seems to be one of the most likely candidates thanks to his popularity and especially his new game on Switch.

Can't lie, I find 3rd party characters extremely overrated, I'd rather focus on Nintendo characters more. Crash however seems a better candidate compared to most of these non-Nintendo characters.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Crash Bandicoot

Chance - 20% - I'm not certain if the reveal of his games for the switch was right for when the roster was decideded. I don't know if he's strong enough otherwise, but he popular, I'll give him that.

Want - 40% - While I'm not exactly against third parties, he's not the sort I'm looking for. Not supper against him, but there are better characters than him.

Predictions

Lyn - 15.67% - Not good at all...

Nominations

Anna X10

Last edited:

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Crash Bandicoot

Chance: 15%
As far as chances in the base game go, I’m not expecting it. The roster may well have been decided prior to news of Crash’s revivial, let alone the announcement of a Switch port.
And no, it’s not the same situation as ARMS where it was made by Nintendo and Sakurai would have access to it.

That said, he is a gaming icon, and we all know how much Sakurai loves those, so... anything’s possible? (Also, I think he’s almost a shoe-in for DLC after the game releases.)

Want: 25%
I was a Nintendo fanboy through and through growing up, so I never played any Crash games or had any interest in the character at all. It might be neat, but it’s just not something I would be excited about.

Predictions:
Lyn- 32%

Noms:
Henry Fleming x10

Last edited:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Crash

Chance: 5% - May have made his way onto the Switch, but I don't think that was taken into consideration during development. Maybe as DLC, but I remain doubtful.

Want: 0% - Not a fan.

Nominations: Midna x5 (And if we have ten, then x5 to Decidueye)

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Crash chances: 16%
The roster was likely decided in 2016, the same year Crash was revived with a Skylanders release and the announcement of the original trilogy remaster during E3. Maybe he benefited from good timing and Sakurai thought it could be a good idea to negociate the rights for him during the second half of 2016 now that he was back in people's mind. I'm not sure how exactly he compares to other third-parties - I don't think anyone in particular is super likely, but at the same time I'm expecting at least one third-party newcomer.

Fun fact, he's one of those cases where something in the field of biology is scientifically named after a pop cultural character.

Crash want: 30%
I don't have much to say, he'd be okay but I'm not super interested personally.

Lyn prediction: 20.19%

Nominating:
Returning game mode: Smash Run x10

Making sure the concept doesn't get removed from the nomination list during the April cleanup.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Female Venusaur (Not Ivysaur as far as we know) have a seed in their flower bud. People think that Smash Ivysaur has a seed in their bud, making them female.

Just a theory though.
Wait... do the male ones have pollen??

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Crash:

While not impossible, I just don't think he's really a big priority any more. His rivalry with Mario never came anywhere near close to that with Sonic, and he kinda dropped off the map for roughly a decade before getting revived in Skylanders, and later his own games. He could be chosen, but unless there was a huge surge in popularity during the Smash Poll, I don't think he's on Sakurai's radar.

Meh, I never really cared for him or his games. I was too old for him to be my "childhood," and Playstation never was all that big in my household.

Kitty-chan

Happy Pyromaniac Neko
3DS FC
1203-9800-8781
Crash Bandicoot

Chances: 35%
With that crash game coming to the switch nya, Nintendo has opened their doors to the series nya. Seems to be a possible 3rd party character in my eyes nya.

Want: 20%
Never played a Crash Bandicoot game and I don't care nyabout them nya. He has potential, I'll give him that nya... but I'd just rather see different 3rd party characters come into smash nya~

Gonya do this for once, just for the occasion nya~:nifty:
Nyominations nyaaa~

Celica x5
Waluigi x5

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Crash Bandicoot Chance: Abstain

I don't have a particularly strong attachment to the character having only played Titans and Mind Over Mutant (granted, I did enjoy both) and he's not my most wanted third-party character, but I really couldn't say no. It'd make a lot of people really happy and I'm sure I'd have some fun playing as him in Smash.

Nominations: Shovel Knight x10

D

Deleted member

Crash

Chance: 15%

I'm bullish on all 3rd party newcomers by default. Just because he's getting a remaster on the Switch doesn't mean he's in Smash.

I have no connection to him whatsoever. I don't even know what he'd do.

Lyn Prediction: 33.33%

Nominations: x5 Tingle (add x5 for Isabelle if we get 10)

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
Crash Bandicoot

Chance: 47% - A few weeks ago this would have been lower, but with confirmation of N-Sane Trilogy coming to switch, and the increased popularity and relevance of Crash thanks to said game. I could see him getting included. but still feel he is more unlikely than likely.

Want: 23% - I like Crash. he's cool. but he's far from my most wanted of characters. that said, if he got in, my reaction would be "WOAH!" :p

Lyndis Prediction: 29.5%

Nominations
Qbby x8
Banjo & kazooie x2

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Crash
- Brutal honesty here; his popularity is all he has going for him. The roster would've been decided long before the port and his icon status while prominent just isn't as big as it once was.
Want: 70% - I would happily welcome Crash to the Smash family.

Prediction: Lyn
Chance: 17.63%
Want: 54.23%

Nominations:

Sora x5

Top Bottom