• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

PapillonXtreme

Smash Apprentice
Phoenix Wright

Chance: 15%
Any good things that Professor Layton has also applies to Phoenix Wright, except Capcom is already represented and had three fighters. He also to compete with other Capcom characters that are more popular than him like Dante, Chris Redfield and even Monster Hunter. The only good thing he has over the others I mentioned is that all of his game are Nintendo-exclusive, but that only gets him so far...Especially since the DLC this time around might focus solely on unexpected characters.

Want: Abstain
I have never played any of the Ace Attorney games.

Nominations:
Nero Claudius x5

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Phoenix Wright

Chance: 30%

Pretty much a lot of things I said about Professor Layton apply to Phoenix Wright as well. Namely, he is another very iconic video game character that represents the puzzle game/visual novel genre, has very good ties with Nintendo, decently requested, has a movie and an anime, and also has this element of surprise appeal for a possible inclusion. Competition is still an issue though. There are other Capcom reps that could also compete for the fourth Capcom slot like Monster Hunter, Dante, Okami, and Resident Evil.

Want: 0%

I do see the moveset potential, and he is fun character. However, he is simply a character that doesn't interest me for Smash.

------

Nominations:

Lora (Xenoblade Chronicles 2): x5

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
Turnabout Candidate

Chance: 55%
Anything Professor Layton has going for him, Phoenix Wright has it going stronger. A more certain future, a more developed multimedia reach, and an unquestionable impact on popular culture, which very, very few franchises can claim. Even though he's debuted each his games faithfully on Nintendo handhelds and offered a playable moveset concept in UMvC3, Phoenix Wright has managed to stay quite below popular expectations. His unorthodox origins make envisioning him in Smash difficult, and he has plenty of competition within Capcom itself.

Though...how many of those Capcom franchises are actually even in the running here? Three of them are already represented in Smash, meaning that a newcomer from them would go counter against Reggie's statement. Devil May Cry is already technically in the game as Bayonetta, and we already know which of those two Sakurai likes more. Almost anyone else probably isn't even a question, when Joker from Persona 5 is the standard.

In terms of bringing something new to Smash, Resident Evil is an equally-viable counterpart, since it's instrumental to the yet-to-be-repped horror genre. In terms of reaping a massive outpouring of internet love and Cool Guy Nintendo brownie points, Okami also stands poised to leap in at the last moment with its dedicated and well-aging cult status. But Phoenix Wright can use both of these arguments with just as much backing, something that only a select few franchises (such as SMT/Persona) can do.

While Capcom has plenty of representation as it is, it's still a key holder of plenty of gaming's icons that isn't committed to Nintendo platforms, especially when the likes of Monster Hunter World and the upcoming Resident Evil and Devil May Cry games don't seem to be coming to the Switch anytime soon. Add to that Phoenix Wright's tepid steps onto other platforms, and I don't see any reason Nintendo wouldn't want to continue pushing for Capcom's assured support (and lucrative franchises).

Want: 60%
While I've never had a real connection with Phoenix Wright, I've seen enough of his fandom to know that there's plenty of people out there who do. People have managed to embrace a fitness trainer, a secretary, and a potted plant getting into Smash; why would a lawyer not be just as appealing?

Prediction
Jibanyan: 28%

Nominations
Frisk x5

Last edited:

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Phoenix Trite
Chance: 20%
We're probably not gonna get any additional Capcom characters. Even then, he still has competition with other franchises like DMC and Resident Evil.
Want: 100%
I'm a big fan of the Ace Attorney series, so having him in Smash would be great. If UMvC3 is anything to go by, ir seems like he'd have a pretty fun moveset, too.

Jibanyan prediction: 25%
Noms: Stages outside Fighter Pass x5

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Phoenix Wright

Chance: 40%
I've never been very good with numbers, so don't look too deeply into this, but at the same time I can't see him being base. DLC, possibly. As much as I want to believe he's popular enough and iconic enough, I don't think he's really on a lot of minds right now. That said, according to a whole bunch of fanpolls I've seen, he consistently places high. Fanpolls aren't the ballot, but maybe, just maybe it's indicative of how he performed on that. I can hope.

Want: 100%+
My absolute number one want, somehow displacing even Travis Touchdown. Phoenix Wright was, to me, the face of the Nintendo DS. His games were always an event when they finally hit America, and he was always with the rest of the Nintendo All Stars in the merchandising and ads. I remember when Official Nintendo Magazine UK released a whole set of Nintendo magnets and Phoenix was one of, if not THE only non-first-party Nintendo magnets. I still have it, too. The DS has, like, no reps right now. Lucario, okay, and maybe, like, Pictochat? So we need more DS representation! Why not a deserving third-party?

More than that, Phoenix's games give him a huge moveset pool to draw from. He doesn't have to play like he does in UMVC3. There are so many more games than just the original trilogy to draw from here. He'd be an unconventional, comedic fighter that is able to corner and overwhelm an opponent and turn things around at a moment's notice - just like in the games. He has a veritable gallery of assistants and fellow lawyers that could help him out, ranging from his colleagues that work under him at his law office to his magician daughter, and each of them could further add to his moveset in unconventional ways.

Phoenix would add more color and uniqueness to the Smash roster, would represent an underrepresented handheld, and would bring a TON of incredible music with him to boot. I'm kind of exhausted at the moment so I won't be going into moveset detail or explaining every little piece and facet of how I see him playing in Smash but rest assured he deserves it. He's been on four, soon-to-be five Nintendo consoles! C'mon! Also, he needs an Edgeworth echo fighter! But I've said all that in the thread already.

Anyway, yeah, Phoenix for Smash.
This is what I said last rerate, and the only thing that's really changed here is that I think he's more likely (I'd give him a 50% now as he would be both popular and surprising) and that he's actually my number two want since Joker was my real never-even-dream number one.

With the Ace Attorney Trilogy being rereleased (again for some reason) and maybe the second trilogy getting a Switch port as well, plus the anime, this would be the time to do it. He's in the public eye in a big way for the first time since maybe the original DS trilogy, and as much as you could argue for Apollo/Athena/Edgeworth/etc. this really is the situation where the OG lawyer would be the best possible choice.

My want is still 100%+. He doesn't have to fight like he does in MvC3, as funny as that was. Make him even wilder. Another person who fights without fighting, like Isabelle, and drawing from his newer games for some major moves like the final smash would both be fantastic. He's just an icon that should be in, man, that's all there is to it. Plus he'd be so out of his depth and Smash always could use more comedy.

Nomination: Style Savvy Rep x5

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
So minor update

I let today run late to get us back to a nightly ending time partly. I figured if we could discretely let this day go a bit longer we could get back to night end .

Day over, rate Jibanyan (yo kai watch) and predict Lloyd Irving from Tales of Symphonia.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Abstaining completely on Jibanyan.

Lloyd chance prediction: 48.04%

Nominations:
Concept: SNK rep x5

Last edited:

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Abstaining on a literal who
Prediction: Dat Dude from Tales of Symphonia: 50%
Nominations:
Hollow Knight x5

Flyboy

Smash Hero
For GOD'S SAKE.

"A literal who" who is the mascot of the series that Nintendo is pushing hard on their handhelds and is a hit with kids everywhere.

A "literal who" who is the main monster in a series with several games and a major anime currently airing on the damn Disney channel.

A "literal who" who has a new game coming out that Nintendo pushes constantly on social media.

A "literal who" that is a big name in the series that dethroned Pokemon. Sure, it didn't last, but YoKai Watch sold better than Pokemon for a while there in Japan which it is theorized is why the SuMo anime is much more wacky. They had to keep up with the competition.

Jibanyan is the most slept-on rep so far. I'd give him a VERY good chance. Let's say a 70%. Unless they went with a protagonist a la Pokemon Trainer or with Professor Layton, Jibanyan is the most likely Level 5 rep and a symbol of the work Level 5 is putting in to be in Nintendo's inner circle. It's bigger than anyone here ever gives it credit for AND Jibanyan usually places highly on fan polls as well.

Want: 20%
I'd prefer Layton and really I don't have any special love for YoKai Watch in general. He's cool, he would be interesting moveset-wise, but he doesn't top my list. I feel like the stage would be fun, though, especially if it means lots of cameos from different YoKai. He's someone I feel would have been a perfect fit in base but I'm not sure I see him making a splash in DLC. Still, I'm not gonna count him out.

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
The ''Pokemon killer''
Chance: 10%
I'm thinking these future 4 newcomers will be characters with worldwide appeal, and I doubt Jibanyan has that. His series used to be big in Japan but anywhere else you rarely hear about it. (I've also heard it's popularity in Japan is kinda fading, correct?) Also this series being a hit with kids doesn't matter much when I don't feel that's gonna be the audience this DLC is aiming towards, Joker is a indicator of that.

I just have absolutely no interest in this series. In fact I get kinda annoyed anytime I see one of its games in a direct, thinking to myself ''Really? This is the how many'eth game from this franchise that they won't shut up about?'' I'm definitely not within its demographic.

Lloyd: 45.84%
Hollow Knight x5

FancySmash

Smash Lord
A Pokemon Digimon Yugioh [Insert collect 'em all creature game here]

Chance: 20%
I suppose I could see him as a sleeper pick, though I'm also not sure if it's one of those flavor of the month deals. I honestly think it depends on how Nintendo see's the Yokai Watch series, if they believe it'll have the lasting power or not for a Smash spot. Jibanyan probably has a better chance than Layton though...

Want: 5%
Most exposure comes from seeing promotional material for it on Disney channel when scrolling through channels. Honestly, from just the commercials advertising it, it seems pretty childish, not something that'd be up my alley normally. However, in fairness, Pokemon's show is almost, if not, just as bad, so 5% benefit of the doubt.

Lloyd: 39.67%
Lloyd's competition with Haihachi is gone. Though I think his greatest hurdle is being another JRPG character.

Nominate: Professor Hector x5

Artix

Smash Journeyman
Jibanyan

Chance: 25%
Despite Jibanyan being the most likely candidate for a Level-5 rep, Jibanyan still has to face Professor Layton, who has been in Nintendo consoles longer than him. The only good thing he has over Layton is that Yo-Kai Watch is popular in Japan and that he has an upcoming game on the Switch. Sure, he's an unexpected character, but he's not that popular outside Japan unlike Layton, who is more popular there. But still, Jibanyan is the most likely candidate for Smash due to recency.

I have never played any of the Yo-Kai Watch games.

Lloyd Irving Prediction: 48.55%

Nominations:
Nero Claudius (Fate) x5

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Phoenix Wright scores be looking good! I’m glad

Over 200

Arle Nadja x295
Rhythm Girl x215
Concept: All DLC will be third-party x220

200 - 151

Nero Claudius (Fate) x200
Grovyle x165
Concept: More DLC x155
Mach Rider x155
Concept: Gen 8 Pokemon x151

150 - 101

Concept: Stages outside Fighter Pass x150
Reaper (Overwatch) x150
Reimu Hakurei x135
Hollow Knight x127
Kat & Ana x120
Concept: No fan favorite/highly requested characters x110
Professor Hector x109
Impa x101

100 - 51

Concept: Third-party character from unrepped Company x95
Andy (Advance Wars) x90
Boss: Kracko x85
Lora (Xenoblade) x85
Porky Minch x66
Sephiroth x65
Concept: SNK rep x65
Concept: Boss Rush x65
Ravio x60

50 - 25

9-Volt x49
Dark Matter x45
Creeper x37
Papyrus x35
Concept: Assist Trophy becomes Fighter x30
Frisk x30
Spyro x27
Ninten x26
Thrall (Warcraft) x25
Cooking Mama x25

Under 25

Boss: Perfect Chaos x20
Concept: Style Savvy rep x20
Hector (Fire Emblem) x15
Pyra & Mythra (sans Rex) x15
Concept: Dragalia Lost rep x10
Decidueye x10
Concept: Bethesda rep x10
Frog (Chrono Trigger) x10
Kamek x10
Blacephalon x5
Zhao Yun (Dynasty Warriors) x5
Amaterasu x5
Monokuma x5
Concept: Another joke character x5
Neptune x5
Concept: Crazi Taxi rep x5
Oliver (Ni No Kuni) x5
Ryu Hayabusa x5
Concept: Free updates (Splatoon-style) x5
Courier (Fallout) x5
Earthworm Jim x5
Concept: Spirits aren’t disconfirmations x5
Scorpion x5
Lizalfos x4
Toon Zelda x3
Boss: Sans x2
Urbosa x1
[Rerate] Steve? x1

Mach Rider and Gen 8 Pokémon ride past 150 noms.

Impa sneaks past 100 noms.

Cooking Mama cooks up 25 noms.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Wannabe Pikachu

Chance: 5%

When Jibanyan came up in the Sm4sh DLC era, it seemed like a lock. A meteoric rise to hyper popularity in Japan, to the extent that it overshadowed Pokémon, a smash hit game with a lot of attached media...it was the Pokémon killer that everyone was talking about.

And then it was forgotten just as quickly.

Yo-Kai still exists, but Pokémon reasserted its dominance, and now the ghost kitty is back to his status as a has-been. I would say it’s between him and Layton if Level 5 is getting anything, but both games are now decently niche. I do see both in the same place as characters like Shovel Knight and Shantae: popular, but not amazingly so; stars of well-selling games, but not amazingly so; and altogether better off as Spirits and/or Mii costumes.

Jibanyan would make a perfect spirit, honestly. It literally is a spirit.

Nom: more DLC x5

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
Jibanyan
Chance: 25%
He was one I thought was weird no one was mentioning back when the first teaser dropped as he seemed like a lock, these days Yo Kai Watch's time on top is over and it seems less surprising that no one is talking about him. I think that without a resurgence in popularity between now and the next Smash game I think they may have missed their window.

Want: 15%
Better than most 3rd party reps since he is a Nintendo exclusive. But I know nothing about the character or game other than it being like Pokemon so I'd rather see others.

Prediction: Lloyd 46%
I know he was talked about a lot on the Sm4sh DLC cycle but if anything it seems like his name comes up more now with most of his competition gone.

Nomination: Ravio x5
One day Ravio may get a nomination from someone other than just me.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
All I remember about Jibanyan is that he had an annoying voice so consider this my wacky title

Chance: 10%

TBH I don’t think Yo-Kai Watch is a big, iconic or important enough series to justify getting in. And Jibanyan definitely isn’t a videogame icon to warrant inclusion for his own sake. There’s some support, but I think Layton just trumps every aspect.

Want: 10%
Played a bit of the first Yo-Kai Watch, liked the atmosphere and humor and characters, but just couldn’t get into the gameplay. I just don’t like when I don’t directly control characters in RPGs. Jibanyan would be a character I wouldn’t mind getting in, but it wouldn’t do anything for me, and I don’t think it should be in there because it’s not really iconic. Plus he’s Layton’s competition.

Lloyd prediction: 58%
Nominations Mach RiderX5

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
MY SPIRIT ANIMAL
Chance: 35%
Want: 70%

Li•te•ral who
/ˈlidərəl ho͞o/
noun
A person or character that nobody seems to know or care about.
"Only one person knew and cared about the literal who, Django. Everyone else abstained or gave double zeroes."

Jibanyan is obviously not one of these characters. This character was once so popular, that he temporarily overthrew Pikachu and his entire franchise in Japan. Yo-Kai Watch is owned by Level 5, who is in good terms with Nintendo. He is the spirit of a dead cat that was rejected by his owner for being "lame". He later died by getting hit by a truck, and has been trying to get revenge on said truck ever since. I know, his backstory is dark as hell. Being owned by Level 5 gives him competition with Professor Layton, who also has a fanbase. Arguably, Jibanyan has more moveset potential, and making such a huge impact in Japan definitely increased his chances to be higher than Layton's. He also has a ton of variants in almost every single game that can be used for his alt colors. I'm talking like, 50 or so variants of Jibanyan. I liked both Yo-Kai Watch 1 and 2, along with its universe and wacky characters, and found them quite enjoyable to play. He also has an easy Final Smash to implement, such as one of his many Soultimate abilities. 70% seems about right for want score.

Lloyd Irving 18.24%

Reaper x5

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Also I forgot my nominations so I'm riding that Style Savvy Rep x5 train until it's too late. It worked for the other person in this thread who played Boktai. Choo choo.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Pokémon Yu-Gi-Oh Beyblade Digimon Bakugon Jibanyan!

Chance: 0.01%
Not a straight up impossibility, but I feel it's close to it. Sakurai has said that third parties need worldwide recognition, after all. Yeah, Yokai Watch was fairly big in Japan a few years back, but it flopped outside of it. Here in the US, especially, it was mostly seen as the latest in the long line of Pokémon knockoffs, a fad to be cast aside the second the next generation of Pokémon came out. And now it's even tapering off in Japan, from what I remember hearing.

I'll give it this, though, GameFreak was clearly worried about it eating their sales enough to rip it off in Sun and Moon, with the Rotomdex being a lawyer-friendly Whisper expy...even if it meant the Rotomdex was one of the worst parts of Sun and Moon.

Anyone remember Bakugon?

A passing fad, and a product of the times for some of Nintendo's bleh late-Wii U pre-Switch years. The demo of the game is also dreadfully boring, and adding Great Value Pikachu to a game that already has Pikachu doesn't excite me in the slightest. I just really dislike Yokai Watch, I guess.

Last edited:

SPEN18

Smash Champion
Jibanyan

Chance: 5%
Don't really see it happening. He's only big inside JP, so although that could help him a bit given that NoJ is choosing the characters, he doesn't have much else. He isn't a gaming icon on the level of the other third parties in Smash, especially outside of Japan. And as others have said Layton is there as competition, though I'm not convinced Level-5 would get a rep in the first place. I don't know if NoJ really cares about worldwide recognition as much as Sakurai does, but his lack of presence outside of Japan still hurts him. There's lots of games out there, folks, so even if they're strictly picking third parties then there's still super stiff competition. You really need to stand out to have a chance for one of only four remaining slots.

Well, I'd rather have Layton from Level-5, and I gave Layton a low score, so there you go. But yeah, Jibanyan just isn't on the same plane as Sonic, Pac-Man, etc. He's gotta climb up quite a few rungs on the ladder to get to that level.

Troykv

Smash Master
I can't give proper thoughts about Jibanyan this time; I don't have time to give a decent answer.

I abstain.

______

Prediction

Lloyd: 30.3%

Nominations

Reimu Hakurei x5

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Jibanyan

Chance: 0%

It would make sense several years ago, but not now. Yokai Watch has faded away in popularity as Pokemon retained its dominance. It's also not very popular in the west.

I'm not a big Yokai Watch fan. I don't really care about him.

Nominate: Kat & Ana x5

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Chance 50%
Jybanyan is one of Level 5's most popular characters next to Layton. So it simply makes sense, especially with a new game coming out next year.

Want 75%

I love Yokai watch, I have all the games, they are pretty good all things considered. The main issue I have is that I can't imagine a good mpveset for Jibanyan mostly because in Yokai watch the move pool for each Yokai is rather small. The only way I can see him working is if they gave him attacks that belong to the other nyans, since there's like 30 of them, Wanyan, Sailornyan, Thornyan, robonyan. If they combine all of them into one character for smash they could make a fun moveset for him AND it would represent the series as a whole.

Nominate: another literally who level 5 Character who's popular in Japan, like Achilles or Mark evans.

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
Jibanyan:

Chance - 5%

Yea a new game is coming out but Yokai Watch has faded in popularity a lot just to be remembered as another Pokemon rip-off. If Level-5 gets the opportunity for a character it will be Layton most likely.

Want - 0%

I haven't played Yokai Watch but everything I have seen I hate and I don't want that anywhere near Smash. Jibanyan among the Smash cast... jut no.

Nominations: Rhythm Girl x5

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Jibanyan

Chance: 2%

-While 3rd parties got a lot of boost of potential vchance, Jibanyan is one of the few who didn't sadly for a main reason.
-Youkai Watch was simply put, a fad. It's popularity has dropped considerably now.

Want: 20%

-At one time I didn't mind his potential inclusion.
-But now I'd prefer other characters.

Lloyd Prediction: 36.77%

Nominate All DLC is 3rd Party x5.

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Insert funny reference to Yokai Watch here.

Chance: 15%. It looks like its time in the sun has passed. It appeared to be a flash in the pan, rather than lightning in a bottle.

Want: No experience at all with Yokai Watch in a significant way, so I will pass.

Arle Nadja x 5, Lloyd will have 20.92% chance. Things are looking up.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Jibanyan

Chance - 7.5% - It's hard to deny that Youkai Watch was a major competitor to Pokemon in Japan. However, it's now on a decline, and it failed to reach an international audience. I think international popularity is too important for a third party for Jibanayan to be overly likely. Still, there is a chance he could sneak in.

Want - 40% - Eh, not into him. I don't view his power set as overly interesting. I would much prefer Layton as well.

Prediciton

Lloyd - 14.56% - I guess?

Nominations

Dark Matter X5

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
Pokémon's bane of existence:
Chance: 20%-I can imagine it, sure, but as some people have said, Yokai-Watch has been decaying in popularity as of lately, and the series just seems to have never gotten the same love overseas as Pokémon. Maybe a few years before, I would've seen it coming, but now, I doubt so.
Want: 0%-Never been interested in it. Not to say that whenever I see their stupid dance commercials in Disney XD, I cringe at them.
Nominations: All-guests Passx5

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Jibanyan

Chance: 15%

Yokai Watch was quite popular in Japan, which in turn led Jibanyan to being quite requested for Smash there. He's up there for one of Level 5s most recognizable faces as well. However, Yokai Watch didn't achieve a strong international fame in the long run, with the Yokai Watch craze only lasting a few months in the US and Europe. He also has to compete with Professor Layton for the Level 5 slot, a character who managed to win an international audience who also has a more prominent history with Level 5.

I remember playing the Yokai Watch demo and not liking it very much, so it lead to me not liking this series very much. In addition to that, he's Professor Layton's competitor for the Level 5 slot, and I would much prefer Layton becoming the Level 5 rep instead.

------

Nominations

Lora (Xenoblade Chronicles 2): x5

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Japan Yan

Chance: 3%. Yokai Watch was a fad, and it wasn't even slightly popular out of Japan. If we were to get a Level 5 guy, wit would be Layton

Nominations: Grovyle x5

Lasatar

Smash Apprentice
Abstain on chance. I don't know enough about Yokai-Watch. Want is a solid 0% tho.

Nominations: Reimu x5

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Yo-Kai-Nobody cares:
Chance: 0%. Not a sliver of hope for this one.
Want: 0%. Should I even bother to explain?
Yes because as of now these scores won’t count.

Abstain Chance
Want 0

My only thought on yo kai watch is that it had a chance but it bombed over here. It has no interest to me. It would honestly be one of the few newcomers that might make me regret my fighters pass. I do not like it’s design or see any moveset potential.

Sephiroth x 5

Today we got a Namco rep from the Tales series, Lloyd Irving. Popular enough to get a mii costume and seen as the definitive tales rep by the fan base, he makes a solid case. Will his series, popularity, and nostalgia get him in?

Predict Heihachi, the main man of Tekken for tomorrow.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Lloyd

75% Chance

Yes, I actually am very confident in Lloyd.

In my eyes, he is super likely due to... issues with his main competition. But let us focus on Lloyd.

Lloyd has something that is important for DLC: a fan base. He has a dedicated smash fan base and a greater fan base in the Tales fandom.

Tales is a relatively big famchise. With a respectable number of sales and a steady series of games, Tales has a solid argument for the second Namco Rep.

Let me first say now that “third party reps” in my opinion are bunk more or less. Joker kind of shows this that it is mainly is a series valid to include in smash. I feel Tales is.

Now why Lloyd. First, he is the one people would think of in the west. Lloyd’s game has the most steady fan base in the West. While Yuri might be popular as well, Lloyd is seen as the derivative Tales Rep. even Sakurai himself thinks so.

Getting a Mii costume shows Sakurai thinks highly of Tales and Lloyd for smash 4 dlc. Now with an assumption of third parties, we can expect Lloyd.

Overall his series has strong ground to stand on and his main competition has some huge issues which I will go into tomorrow.

100% want

TOS is in my top five GameCube games. It is phenomenal and you should play it. It is honestly a 10/10 and is an rpg that I feel is easy to get into.

Nominating Sephiroth x5

Top Bottom