• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
Slippy Toad

Chance - 0%

With Krystal, a character with significantly more popularity and fan demand, being regulated to an Assist Trophy, I cannot see a character who is often regarded as one of the most disliked and annoying video game characters in history, from a series whose latest game in the franchise was a total flop, making it in as a fully fledged character, especially in a game with tight newcomer spots.

The only way I could ever see him getting in is if he was included as a total joke character, but even then, we have Pichu. Unless Pichu is getting a ton of buffs, and Sakurai really feels the need to give Star Fox a 4th character, especially a 4th character with a Blaster and Shine, I can't see him happening.

Want - 0%

I've never really been a huge Star Fox guy, and in the few Star Fox games I have played, Slippy is more of an annoying hinderance than anything worthwhile. I really would rather not see a new Star Fox character regardless; the series feels represented just fine with the current three.

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Slippy Toad

Chance: 3%
Want: 30%

I think that's it for Star Fox Reps. The series doesn't have a bright future right now and Slippy doesn't that much popularity among Star Fox fans. His 64 incarnation pretty tainted his reputation despite being much better after that game.

Tingle Prediction: 5.55%

Nominate Lloyd Irving x5(if he's not locked in)
More Than 5 Unique Newcomers x5 if he is.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
The Driver’s Masochistic Visit

Chance: 20%
They’re still relevant, but otherwise I don’t think Sakurai’s too fond of this guy.
Want: 0%
Have had poor experiences with it.

Slippy for some reason
Chance: 0%
I’d explain the reasons he doesn’t have a chance, but then I realized I can’t think of any reason he might have one.
After reading the few people who gave him more than 3%’s posts, I have to say I really fail to see how Star Fox Guard, a spin-off which wasn’t liked by critics and sold pretty shoddily, and was bundled to the utter flop that was Zero, improves his chances in any way whatsoever.
Want: 15%
I like the guy, and the idea of a tower defense moveset seems cool. I’d like Dillon for that kind of moveset though.

Prediction?
Edit: alright, this has got to be a joke, we’re doing Tingle? Like, people say Balloon Fighter is as good as disconfirmed because Villager kept his Up-B, and Lip because Kirby has a Garbage Block as his Down-B, but Tingle is shown in the game as a stage hazard and he still has a chance?
Whatever, predicting 0%, don’t disappoint me Smashboards.

Nominations: Ayumi TachibanaX5

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
GET ‘EM OFF ME, FOX!

Chance: 1%

Another Starfox team member, but one whose defining feature is his obnoxious voice.

Slippy’s usually been nominated memetically - Wolf was the most wanted due to his veteran status, and Krystal was the most vocally requested newcomer. With both of them out of the picture, the field for Star Fox rep is wide open with Peppy, Slippy, Panther, Leon, Pigma, Andross, etc. Honestly there’s not much that puts the frog above the rest.

Of course, that’s assuming Star Fox even gets blessed with another newcomer in the first place. Zero did not live up to expectations, and that was supposed to be Starfox’s big comeback. With that misfiring, and nobody seeming to have much interest, the furry spacemen may be out of luck.

Slippy’s known as a techie, so it’s easy enough to conceive of a moveset, but would he get the time devoted to that? Most likely he’d just be another Fox (semi)-clone, which is a bit unnecessary. Stay in your Smash taunt, frog. You always ask Fox to save your hide anyway...

DMV Satisfaction:
1531449216815.gif

Prediction for that creepy thing that should not be in Zelda: 2.4%
Nom: Tails x5

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
Slippy Toad
Chance: 4% -
Slippy's literal claim to fame is being annoying as all hell. He's not even remotely competent at being a pilot, and if he was in he'd likely play like Fox and the other space pilots, but just be worse (to represent the character.) As a joke character, I suppose he's possible, but I just don't see Sakurai going for him when his more popular teammate Krystal exists, and she's deconfirmed, so...
Want: 5% - If only so I can beat the **** out him.

Prediction: Tingle
Chance: 11.18%
Want: 18.92%

Nominations:
Frank West x5

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
Slippy Toad
Chance - 10%
His series has fallen from grace and his popularity is quite a bit smaller than Fox, Falco, Wolf, and Krystal. Three of those are already in Smash, but some even question if that's pushing it for this series that has fallen quite far. He could be added for a quirky tinkerer type move set that crosses Sakurai's mind, but I doubt we see any more from the series for now.
Want - 45%
Videogame frogs tends to be cute to me, but I'd rather have Prince Sable if we got another frog into the mix. I also got :ultgreninja: back, so I'm pretty happy in terms of cute cartoon frogs. But ya Prince Sable could be cool as well. Slippy though, just doesn't stand out overly much to me. In terms of Starfox, I could see he has been more long standing for Star Fox than Krystal, who's addition was also the mark of the series going downhill. So honestly, I think I'd rather get Slippy over Krystal or get both of them if the series ever really needed more playable characters, and I'm not sure I feel it does.

I'd probably play him if he did though, as I do Greninja and would do Prince Sable. Though I'd also have to take the wrath of all the Krystal's fans anytime I played him online. Probably would face already tilted by who I'm playing Foxs, Falcos, and Wolfs that are mad their waifu didn't make it in. At least it might help them move on if they stomp me.

I don't know, just generally indifferent towards him, that voice is pretty annoying though...

Nominations 5x Incineroar

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Slippy Toad
Chance: 22%
- With Krystal relegated to AT status, Slippy could get in. He also got his own spin-off game.
Want: 100%
- Sure. I’d love to see him as a playable character. He’s the mind behind Team Star Fox’s tech and he could have a moveset based on experimental devices he’s been working on.

Prediction
Tingle: 15.4%
- The west hates him but the Japanese love him.

Nominations
Katrielle Layton (Professor Layton) x4
Neptune (Neptunia Series) x1

Last edited:

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Slippy Toad

Chance: 1.3%
There really isn't any demand for a Star Fox newcomer outside of Krystal. Now that Wolf is back, I'm willing to bet that Sakurai feels that the Star Fox franchise is where is needs to be right now in terms of representation. Especially since we don't really know what Nintendo is planning to do with the franchise moving forward. I'll give Team Star Fox's mechanic a small 1.3% chance.
At least his Arwing probably shows up for Fox and Falco's Final Smash...

Want: 18%
I don't dislike the character or anything, but he doesn't exactly come across as an interesting character to add to Smash. Would rather Sakurai choose another character. I bet his animations would be really funny though.

Prediction
Tingle: 11.6%

Nominations
Tetra x 5

D

Deleted member

Slippy Toad

Don't dislike thus guy, but he better stays as an assist character. The whole playable Star Fox cast already does what Slippy could do, and isn't "needed".

Noms:
Female announcer x5

Tingle prediction: 1.21%

Last edited by a moderator:

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Slippy Toad
Want: 1%
I don't give 0% chance to Nintendo 1st parties and I only give 0% want to characters I actively loathe...but really? No Star Fox newcomer is coming if Krystal isn't. And I personally have no attachment to the series or its characters outside of Smash, so to me Slippy is just some frog.

Nominate Style Savvy character x5

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Slippy Toad

He has a spin-off game on the Wii U that was in development around the time, so he could fit the timing. He's probably next in line for a Starfox newcomer... however that's implying Starfox will even get another newcomer in the first place. When it came to Starfox for many people it was either Krystal or bust. Nobody else from the franchise got as talked about as much as her. With her being an Assist trophy, adding Slippy over her would result in many angry and dissapointed fans. I cannot see Sakurai take this route. It would be like having him make Ridley a stage boss once again and then adding Anthony ''Remember me?'' Higgs as a newcomer.

I don't dislike him or anything but I have no interest in seeing Slippy or any Starfox newcomer being added to Smash.

Tingle: 7.79%

Canon Bowser/DK/Diddy voices x5

Souldin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Souldin
3DS FC
4854-6557-6769
Neat, voting on my favourite Star Fox character today and voting on my favourite Legend of Zelda (or 2nd, it's a close call) tomorrow. Sad to see that I'm still in the minority of liking such characters though.

Slippy Toad (Star Fox series)
Chances: 33%
Hindsight is a funny thing, as whilst Slippy would have never seemed likely in the past, his chances now are... surprisingly strong. Heck, if Star Fox was currently represented by just Fox, Slippy would be amongst the most likely candidates for a Star Fox rep, maybe even the most likely. Star Fox Guard has bolstered Slippy's chances by quite a bit, giving him greater prominence and great possibilities for a move-set (as AlphaSSB has already shown in his rating), with his personality as a less proficient fighter actually adding to his potential for greater departure from the Star Fox basis. With Star Fox Guard, Zero, and Assault as sources for inspiration, Slippy has the chance to be the most unique Star Fox fighter of them all.​
Of course, let us also address the elephant in the room, or elephants in this case; the future of the Star Fox series and the amount of reps it already has. For the first matter, let us take into consideration the timing. Star Fox was an active series at the time planning for Super Smash Bros Ultimate was being conducted, with both Star Fox Zero and Star Fox Guard. There were high hopes for Star Fox Zero, with it being promoted quite a bit through even having an animated short. Adding specifically to Slippy's chances is how one of those games was Star Fox Guard, the spin-off game that gave him greater prominence and unique move-set potential. Sure, they didn't do spectacularly, but hindsight is a funny thing. Furthermore, despite those sales, Star Fox series has some life in it yet through Ubisoft's Starlink; it seems Nintendo haven't given up on it. As for the amount of reps, whilst I do agree it's a lot as it is... I don't think Sakurai cares too much. A three game series like Kid Icarus has three playable reps, Pokémon has more reps than Mario, Legend of Zelda effectively is only represented by three characters with some just representing it multiple times, and Donkey Kong only has two reps whilst Fire Emblem has six. If Sakurai cares about the amount of reps a series has, he has certainly never shown it. I care, but it certainly doesn't bother Sakurai; I feel he'd rather focus on adding a character with a unique move-set rather than caring where they are from.​

Want: 46%
Slippy is my favourite Star Fox series character. I enjoyed Star Fox Zero and adored Star Fox Guard. I feel he has plenty of potential for a unique move-set and would really love a character making use of a tower-defence mechanic (even if I'd prefer that character to be Dillon, my 2nd most wanted character). There are lots of reasons I'd love Slippy to be playable, but as mentioned, I do care about series representation. Slippy would be a 4th Star Fox rep, a series which doesn't seem big enough or successful enough for such a thing (in my eyes, but then in my eyes, all series would be capped to 4 or 5 reps at most). There are series I'd prefer gaining further representation, there are series I'd prefer gaining playable representation in the first place, and there are characters I'd prefer... still, it'd bring a smile to my face if Slippy were playable.​

Nominations: x3 Fatal Frame Protagonist
x2 Kamek (Mario) [Again, that should be labelled as Yoshi series, not Mario, but oh well]

D

Deleted member

Slippy chance: 5%
Star Fox Zero didn't do so well. I imagine Star Fox Guard fared even worse.
There's not much demand for him either. He's actually kinda hated in the west.

Want: 10%
Not a huge Star Fox fan, and not much of a Slippy fan either. His voice is annoying and he constantly gets in trouble. I even lost him in my Star Fox 64 3D playthrough. I actually have a certain other Star Fox character that I want, but sadly they're confirmed to appear as an Assist Trophy (Spoiler Alert: It's not Krystal).
However, I can see the potential and him, and his inclusion will inevitably cause the Krystal fanbase to be salty, which I'd happily revel in.

Incineroar x5

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Slippy Toad

Chance: 5% - Slippy may be a pretty disliked Starfox character, but clearly someone at Nintendo loves the little guy. After all it wasn't Falco, Krystal, or even Wolf to get the series' first spinoff - it was ol' Slips himself. The way I see it, there's some unknown Slippy benefactor behind the scenes at Nintendo, keeping our froggy friend relevant despite the public's dislike of him. And Miyam- I mean, that same person might just try and push for Slippy to get an even bigger role by coming to Smash Bros. That's incredibly unlikely though, but the fact that Slippy branched out at all is still a feat no other Starfox character can claim. Unfortunately for him, he doesn't have a similar enough bodytype to Fox or Falco to even pull off an echo set, so this is one frog that's probably going to stay in it's hole.

Want: 50% - Honestly, I don't get the hate for Slippy myself. I never found his voice to be THAT bad, and his bumbling nature makes him kinda endearing to me. In games like Starfox Assault I actually ended up liking him as part of the main cast. He's the little brother character that adds some levity to the otherwise dour Starfox cast. But at the same time, I'm not really pulling for nor asking for him.

Predictions

Tingle: 1.21% - Tingle's dead in the water thanks to Great Bay. He's fully part of the stage, not even a background element like Spirit Tracks Toon Link, so he can't really be Alfonzo'd either. Poor guy got voted up to the top just a bit too late.

Nominations

Scorpion x 5

Artix

Smash Journeyman
Slippy Toad

I highly doubt that they would add another Star Fox character in the game. Even if they did, he would have the same moveset as Fox and Falco, making him an Echo Fighter.

It's not like I hate this character, I'm just not a fan of Slippy as a character. I like Fox, Falco and even Krystal better.

Nominations:

Saber Artoria (Fate) x5

Gamer-YTP

Smash Rookie
NNID
GTP376Number2
Slippy Toad:

Chance: 15%
If Krystal didn't get in, why would he? The only thing he has going for him is the fact that he's a memorable character.

Want: 5%
Nah. I'd rather we have Krystal since she's actually requested.

Department of Motor Vehicles:

Not a video game character.

Not a video game character.

Prediction:
Tingle: 1.5% (He's on a stage and a probably an Assist Trophy, plus lots of people find him annoying)

Nominations:
Sub-Zero x3
Gengar x2

Last edited:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Slippy chances: 6%
I don't think he particularly stands out as a contender, although to be fair the thing he has going for him is the fact he got a spin-off on his own, although that's probably not saying much. I don't think he's particularly requested and I'd expect him to be very low priority if considered at all.

Slippy want: 5%
At least he's a somewhat famous Nintendo character, I'll give hi that. But beyond that, I have no reason to personally want him, and there are many characters I'd be interedted in seeing over him even if I don't hugely want them.

Tingle prediction: 1.74%

Nominating:
New item: Beast Ball x5

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Slippy has Star Fox Guard and is relatively well known within the Nintendo community going for him. Yeah, he might have a "hate base" but people love Fox's pal as well.

The issue is the sparse amount of newcomers we'll most likely get and the series' uncertain future. Not only that but a lot of focus on the ballot for Star Fox went to Wolf and Krystal, so he's stuck with the crumbs if we assume the ballot's results based on online questionnaires. With a lot of other characters with move set potential and a stronger fan base, it would require Sakurai to really like him to include him in any way other than being in easter eggs once more.

I like him, and I wouldn't mind his inclusion, but I know that Star Fox is probably perfectly represented with the three we got: the protagonist, the most popular support character, and the rival. A lot of series wish they could have those marks checked.

Nominating a rather questionable one but...Dixie Kong & Kiddy Kong x5

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Slippy's chances and want:

0%

Seriously, why is this even an option? We already got the main crew in the game plus Krystal being an AT. Slippy is best with a role like he had since Melee.

Tingle's prediction: 1.8%

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Slippy Toad

Chance: 10%

Most people I've seen wanted Wolf and Krystal, and while the former came back, the latter got Assist'd. Never seen anyone desire Slippy or Peppy. Don't think Slippy's role in Guard is enough to make him unique.

Nominations
Rowlet x5

Indefinite Minimum

Smash Journeyman
Slippy

Chance: 5%
I doubt Star Fox is a priority now that Wolf is back. He was the one getting votes in the ballot after all.

Want: 100%
I want him to be a Fox clone.

Nominations:
Dragonite x5

Troykv

Smash Master
Sorry for the long day was at the dmv. It was hell.

Leon
15% Chance

I could see RE content but imo Jill is pretty tough competition. I could see him making it though.

100% want

RE4 is a masterpiece. The Wii version and GameCube version are cheap, get them.

Day over, calcs coming later. Rate Slippy and the department of motor vehicles because they made me mad, predict Tingle.
Slippy:

Chance: 5%

A proper joke character without exactly being a bad meme choice.

Want: Abstain

Nothing special to say about him

Abstain to the meme

Prediction:

Tingle: 8.6%

Nominations

Ayumi Tachibana x3
Adeleine x2

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Slippy Toad

Chance - 2.5% - A combination of Star Fox Guard and new stuff introduced to Zero could make up an interesting moveset. However, a combination of not being that highly demanded, Zero flopping, and with an unforseable future, it's hard to say if he will return.

Want - 60% - He could be interesting, but I have no attachment to him. I might be intreagued by how he plays, but if he doesn't get in I won't care.

Tingle

Chance - 3.53% - I don't think so...

Nominations

Nihilego X5

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Slippy
Chance: 1% - I just can't see it happening. As far as Star Fox characters go, Slippy brings absolutely nothing new to the table especially compared to the already deconfirmed Krystal. It also doesn't help that Star Fox Zero was panned and that the series doesn't seem to have much of a future outside of Starlink.

Nominations: Edelgard x5

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
slippy
chance
not happing already have the big SF charcters we need and if we add slippy they might as well and peppy and with a limited roster already just don't think we will see them.
2%

want
meh don't hate him and would be a fun joke charcter just want others more
30%

nominating labo man x5

Gerrothorax

Smash Apprentice
Slippy Toad Chance: 0%
If we didn't get Krystal we're definitely not getting Slippy.
Slippy Toad Want: 100%
Smash is severely lacking Amphibian representation so I'd be all for his inclusion.
Nominations x5 Thwomp

Jadensantana2002

Smash Rookie
Shadow the hedgehog

Chance 49%
I want shadow to be in smash ultimate because he's a cool hedgehog he use guns and his fist to fight bad guys

Want 84%
Damn straight, I want shadow in smash ultimate because he's a cool hedgehog, and he uses, you know, his skills to fight even he used a chaos emerald to use the chaos control

D

Deleted member

Nomination: Spyro Rerate x5
Shadow the hedgehog

Chance 49%
I want shadow to be in smash ultimate because he's a cool hedgehog he use guns and his fist to fight bad guys

Want 84%
Damn straight, I want shadow in smash ultimate because he's a cool hedgehog, and he uses, you know, his skills to fight even he used a chaos emerald to use the chaos control
Today is Slippy's day, not Shadow's.

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Slippy Toad

Chance: 2%

Might be the most likely Star Fox newcomer left, but that's not saying a lot. The most popular Star Fox choices were the veteran Wolf and new assist trophy Krystal, and for newcomers despite not finding her likely it really did feel like Krystal or nothing to me. Slippy's a much less common request in comparison (and in fact quite a few people don't particularly care for him), and Zero probably won't help much given that it wasn't too successful. The series just isn't as popular as it used to be. There's too many other characters with more going for them for me to rate him higher than this.

I don't hate Slippy but I don't think he's needed. He doesn't interest me as a fighter. Also I like Star Fox but I'm personally satisfied with the franchise's representation now that Wolf's back, and honestly if we did have to get more Slippy wouldn't even be my second pick.

Tingle prediction: 4.28%

Nominations: Tails x5

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Slippy Toad

While his competition has been eliminated now with Wolf back in the game and Krystal as an Assist Trophy, Slippy wasn't a popular request to begin with. I doubt he'll be added at this rate.

I don't have anything against Slippy, but I'm simply not interested.

------

Predictions

Tingle (The Legend of Zelda): 5.20%

A character that gets on a lot of people's nerves but has a surprising following in Japan. There's still a good chance he'll be an Assist Trophy again though, or just a stage element in Great Bay.

------

Nominations

Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney): x5

ZTurtle

Smash Journeyman
Slippy Toad:
Yeahhh, to echo what everyone has already said, if Krystal is relegated to assist, then Slippy pretty much has no chance, especially since we aren't getting too many newcomers. Plus, if Sakurai wanted a WTF character for this game, I'm pretty sure it would be an unrepresented series, or a much more popular character.

Want: 60%
Okay, I'm gonna level with y'all here. I really, really like Star Fox Zero. And I wasn't even a very big Star Fox fan before I played it. And I was really endeared to the characters because of Zero. Yeah, I don't think Slippy is annoying, I like him (And Peppy too for that matter). So if he got in... I'd actually be pretty happy. To echo the thoughts of a few other people though, if they wanted to give him a tower defense moveset, I'd much rather they go with Dillon.

By no means though do I think he's particularly deserving. I'm very indifferent to Krystal, but considering her fanbase, I think she would have definitely deserved a spot above Slippy. And if they made him unique, well that's a spot that could have gone to a much more highly requested character (I would probably be rather upset if he got in with a moveset but my most wanted didn't...). So I don't want him THAT much, but I do think he'd be neat.

Nominations: Phoenix Wright x5

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
Slippy Toad

Chance: 15%
Funny how he's now the most likely Star Fox character to become playable, as little as that actually means. Smash currently lacks a mechanic character, and Star Fox isn't going anywhere either, no matter how big their hiatuses are, or how disappointing their recent entries might be. But Star Fox doesn't beg for newcomers either, and Slippy's not the most appealing of cases.

Want: 10%
I feel like we have enough Star Fox characters, and the series has yet to really evolve enough to warrant even more spots.

Prediction:
Tingle: 13%

Nominations
Ninten x5

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Slippy

Chance - 1.5%: He gets in as an echo at best, and even then, it seems really weird to see a character who's canonically supposed to be an annoying wimp use all of Fox's overtuned athletic moveset. He has to be in as a joke character to really sell his character properly, like a more severely undertuned Pichu.

Want - 10%: A butt monkey would be funny, but I'd rather Pigma since he's the most important one not playable if you ask me. I'd also take Krystal since, you know, people actually requested her.

Nominate Fawful x5

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
Slippy
want/chance: 1%
umm no. only way of seeing it if sakurai likes to troll us or what other worldly phenomenon gets him in

Nomination: Django x5

D

Deleted member

Tingle
He's an interactive stage hazard in Great Bay. He shouldn't even be eligible for rating.
The entire discussion about Zelda newcomers made me actively don't want any.
Seriously, I wish people stopped asking for characters for the sake of reps. Sakurai doesn't work like that. Your favorite series isn't being neglected by some sort of "bias".

Incineroar x5

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Tingle
No Echo potential.

Being on Great Bay is a problem, but the fact is that Great Bay is a returning stage that was popular in Melee. I don't think they would decide not to include it just because Tingle was playable. They most likely would approach it like the Spirit Track stage - if Tingle is in play, he's replaced on Great Bay with one of his associates. I don't know how they'd approach his AT if that returns. Maybe he just can't appear as an AT on Great Bay, or can't appear as an AT if he's on-screen already, and won't appear as a stage element until his AT is gone. There are ways of dealing with it. Either way, the appearance of Great Bay isn't proof, especially since it's a returning stage not a new one. Otherwise you'd be saying that Great Bay has to be retired forever if Tingle is made playable.

More importantly, however, is that the Zelda series in general has been deemphasizing him since about Minish Cap, and he hasn't had a starring role in a decade. Yeah, he was playable in Hyrule Warriors, but basically every plausible playable character has been included in Hyrule Warriors (at this point they'd have to add, like, Sahasrahla or something). His best chance was around Brawl, and has only gotten worse since. His popularity is heavily Japan-based and a lot of American Zelda fans dislike him.

He does, however, have decent move set potential and would be unique. I do sometimes appreciate the WTF characters like WFT, but not always (I'm not a big fan of Mr. G&W, say).

Tingle chances: 1.5%
He's not the LEAST likely Zelda character. He's more likely than Groose, or Marin, or Agitha, etc. But he's pretty low on the list.
Tingle want: 40%
He wouldn't be my first choice at all. I would enjoy the weirdness, but overall, I'd prefer not.

Nominations: Custom moves return x5

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Double zeroes for Tingle

Being an interactive stage element (read: not a background element) rules him out completely. Honestly I don't think we should even be rating him.

Reinhardt trophy x5

D

Deleted member

Tingle

Chance:

Already an interactive stage prop on Great Bay, might even also reappear as an Assist Trophy (I mean, if Knuckles is both an Assist and a stage prop, then it's possible), and there exists an entire TV Tropes page named "Americans Hate Tingle" for a reason.

Want: 15%

Overpriced sea charts in Wind Waker aside, I don't hate him, but there are other Zelda characters I'd prefer.

Nomination: Spyro Rerate x5

Top Bottom