• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

SPEN18

Smash Lord
Rex

Chance: 5%
Tempted to go even lower, but I'll give him a chance. Thought he had a fantastic shot before Sakurai essentially disconfirmed him.

Want: 50%
I played Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and it was an alright game. Not a game where I see myself replaying it or finishing most of the side content, but I had a good time with it. And Rex himself is a cool enough character. So he'd be nice, but I'm not really invested in him.

========

Bandana Dee

Okay, some things here may disgruntle some people, fair warning. Also, no hard feelings, but here we go.

Chance: 10%
Not really seeing him happening tbh. He's popular but not mega popular (and besides, popularity hasn't seemed to do anyone much good recently, except for K. Rool and Ridley), and there's not a ton of Kirby stuff to promote right now; I think priorities will be elsewhere for Nintendo. He's also not really the type of character that gets picked for DLC; these characters are typically the poster boys & girls, and Bandana Dee isn't quite that. Again, he's popular and recognizable to a good number of people, but I don't see why Nintendo would go for another Kirby rep.

Want: 0%
Really, I don't have an interest in seeing Dee in Smash. There are plenty of other unrepresented series that could use playable spots, and while that doesn't mean there shouldn't be any more characters from existing franchises, I feel that the Kirby franchise has pretty close to its fair share with 3 reps. Bandana Dee, while important to the Kirby franchise, isn't an essential piece of it (certainly not on the level of Kirby himself, Meta Knight, and DeDeDe). Design-wise, I don't really have a problem with Dee and he could have a decently interesting moveset (though not a completely amazing one in my eyes), but neither of those aspects is overwhelmingly appealing to me. For me, it's just that he has a few decent things going for him but none of them are significant to a degree that compels me to support him.
I wanna also be clear that I do not hate this character. Actually, I like the Kirby franchise and I like Bandana Dee himself. Just not really into him as a Smash character, that's all. I'll also say that if he got in I wouldn't hate his inclusion; I just think there are plenty of better choices. Please don't poke me with spears

========

Nominations: Andy (Advance Wars) x5

Artix

Smash Journeyman
Rex

Sakurai already said that they weren't able to add him in the base roster so they decided to create a Mii costume based on him for the DLC pass, basically deconfirming him for DLC (at least for the first wave). However, if there is ever going to be a Season 2 DLC Fighters, Rex would be a prime candidate for sure.

Want: Abstain
Don't know much about him.

Bandana Dee

Chance: 30%
With the inclusion of Piranha Plant, Bandana Dee now has a chance to get in Smash. However, he has the same issues as Dixie, as he must have his own stage, as well as the select music tracks, in order for him to qualify. And I can't really think of a stage that would go alongside Bandana Dee. Nintendo planning the DLC might also ruin his chances since they'll, once again, pick characters for either promotional purposes or really popular 3rd party characters and Bandana Dee doesn't really have anything to promote aside from Star Allies, I guess.

Want: 90%
I really like Bandana Dee a lot. He's one of my favorite characters of the Kirby series alongside Meta Knight. And with the inclusion of Piranha Plant, I was hoping for him to get in as well, but with Nintendo planning the DLC, I don't think that's gonna happen...Oh well, there's always next time.

Nominations:
Nero Claudius (Fate) x10

Last edited:

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Rex
Chance: 15%
He will have to rely on a second season pass to get in, which there likely aren't any plans for at the moment. There's no way Sakurai will say ''SIKE'' and makes him one of the season 1 characters after showing that costume and those spirits. Even if we were to get a second season Rex still wouldn't be a guarantee. By then Xenoblade 2 would likely be over three years old and there would be many more characters to compete with. Also I have a suspicion we might get Elma this fighters pass instead, who would probably fill the need for a Xenoblade newcomer for some people.

Xenoblade 2 still looks like a badly written harem. Rex and his waifus not getting in is all fine by me.

Bandana Waddle frikkin Dee
Chance: 85%
Real talk? Likeliest first party character by far.
His popularity and significance to the Kirby series have grown alot since the project plan happened, becoming one of the biggest characters in Smash speculation. So I find it really exciting how Bandana was the only major character to survive the complete deconfirmation bomb which was that recent direct.

It seems like he doesn't appear anywhere in the base game. Neither as a Spirit nor as a Costume and he also officially can't be an Assist Trophy anymore. Also no, the regular Waddle Dee spirit does not deconfirm him since regular Waddle Dees in past Smash games also never did. Otherwise we would give up on Bandana Dee the second Dedede was confimed with Waddle Dees in his intro and victory animations. The possibility of him being a Spirit who evolves from that regular Waddle Dee exists but there are also other options from the Waddle Dee/Doo family and it would be a dumb move to not deconfirm Bandy by showing him as one of the examples even if he was one.

Lets also not forget :ultpiranha: shoots down the argument of Dee being a generic mook with headwear and therefore being unworthy of a spot. You could say ''Well Piranha Plant is supposed to be the joke character so there's no need for Dee'' but when was Bandana supposed to be a joke request?

The only competitor Dee has at this point is Marx because I'd imagine if Sakurai saw him being on the list of characters he could choose from he'd immediately magnetize to that jester. But I doubt Kirby characters who are only relevant because of Star Allies are on that list. I don't think that list is all that huge to begin with, so if there had to be a Kirby newcomer on there they would undoubtedly go for the most popular, recognizable and marketable one.

Lastly I don't see a stage being a problem. There are more than enough modern Kirby stages and music tracks to pick from and the selection of music the stage brings with it doesn't have to be that big anyway.

Want: 100%
I've been supporting him for years now and I think it's time to put an end to that now. He's a pure boy who has absolutely warranted his spot on the roster, no matter what the deetractors say.

CGI trailers x5

Geno: 13.45%
I’ll also give five extra noms tomorrow to compensate for lacking a prediction for Rex.
So that's 5 extra for delaying the calcs and 5 extra for no Rex prediction for a grand total of 15 noms for tomorrow, correct?

Last edited:

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman
That fighter pass Mii costume:
Chance: 1%
The Mii costume felt like a consolation prize, really. Normally I wouldn’t rate a Mii costume this low, but the Direct made me very pessimistic regarding Rex’s chances.

Want: 10%
I never played XC2 but I welcome Xenoblade music every day.

Bestest boi:
Chance: 45%
Disclaimer: I’m fully expecting Bandana Dee to show up as a spirit once the game comes out, but as of right now, his absence thus far amongst other things lead me to believe that out of all the first parties, Bandana Dee has the greatest chance.
That being said, I wouldn’t be surprised if all we got were third parties. Still, with his status as Kirby’s Luigi at this point makes one think where the heck he is. And while Piranha Plant doesn’t affect his chances (mainly due to the fact that Bandana Dee’s an individual), it at least destroys an argument against him. Stage and music potential are no problem, either. Just make a warioware-style stage from Battle Royale and you got a stage that perfectly suits him. (Also the OST is pretty good.) With him not making the base roster just opens up more moveset potential for him thanks to Battle Royale and Star Allies. There have been plenty of references to Modern Kirby so I don’t think Sakurai bias is much of a roadblock.

He’s the only want I really, REALLY want. Purest boi with plenty of moveset potential with his spear, parasol, and other things. If he gets in I’ll be more than satisfied.

Last edited:

11th

Smash Apprentice
Glad I typed up my next few ratings in advance.

Bandana Waddle Dee (Re-rate) (Original Post)
Chance: 50% (1/2) (→0%) - Still a literal coin toss... While there's nothing solid against him at the moment, it's entirely possible that he has an unshown Spirit, or that the basic Waddle Dee Spirit was meant to cover him. That aside, Dee has solid international popularity with Smash fans, as well as with more casual Japanese fans, so he could be able to support DLC sales. While Star Allies is not a super new game, it is still putting out free DLC, with the next (and probably last) update dropping on November 30th. Kirby also didn't get much new content in Ultimate's base game, so he has no competition there. However, most character announcements won't happen for another 3-12 months, and Nintendo could think that Star Allies will be too old to promote. They could also think that Dee isn't a "big" enough character to be promotional, and they may have prioritized characters from upcoming games, or third-parties that they have ties to... Unfortunately, we don't have enough information to guess which direction they went in yet, so Dee remains stuck in the middle until that changes.
Want: 100% (↑5%) - Lip was my number one pick, and she got much more love than I was expecting, so I have no problem moving him up to a full 100%. I'd really love to have another Kirby rep, I love the moveset that he could bring to Smash, and I love the little guy as a character.

Rex
Chance: 3.125% (1/32) - Nintendo and Mr. Sakurai are clearly aware of his (and/or XC2's) popularity, but the fact that they specifically gave him a Mii outfit as a DLC bonus because his game was too late for the project plan tells me that he's almost certainly not going to make it... kinda gives me Smash for DLC vibes. (i.e. The Inkling, K. Rool, Chrom, and Isabelle outfits.) Stranger things have happened, though, so I don't think it would be right to completely count him out.
Want: Abstaining - No attachment and not enough knowledge about to the character/series, so I don't want to skew results.

No noms, skipping predictions.

Last edited:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Rex Brexit

Chance: 0%
I'm one of those people that believe that Sakurai's treatment of everything from Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is essentially a deconfirmation. I mean, he already put in several Mii costumes, spirits, and music - what else would there even be left for a hypothetical DLC pack, especially on the music front? The most important tracks from the game are already there, and if Smash 4 is anything to go by, the Xenoblade series isn't big on getting remixes (the numbered series at least, X might be a different story). Beyond that, he'd already be represented pretty well by Gaur Plains.

If I could go lower in terms of percentages, I would, believe me. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is a game that I, as a fan of the series, am very ambivalent about. There's a lot of things that I liked about the game, but also a lot of things that I for the life of me could not stand. Rex (and Pyra, for that matter) is one of those things, be it in terms of gameplay, his role in the story, or his character. He's badly designed, terribly written, gets handed unique gameplay mechanics and other things by the game like it's candy, and yet is constantly hyped up by the game's story to be the greatest super-amazing person that has ever lived. In regards to him hypothetically appearing in Smash, I don't even see much of the potential that other claim that'd have. His base sword arts are generic sword swings (outside of that one (1) art where he uses a grappling hook), and if you give him other Blades, you run into the problem of spoiling the **** of the game's story. Give him Roc? Spoiler, and one that makes it pretty clear what happens to Vandham the moment you meet him. Give him Nia? Even bigger spoiler. Give him Mythra? Technically also a spoiler, although admittedly not a big one. The only other options then would be to fill up his other two Blade spots with either generic Blades, any given rare Blades, or the Blades of other party members. The first one would be not very interesting, the second one would open up the new can of worms on which Blades to pick, and the third would, again, be a spoiler.
So to assume it up shortly: I absolutely don't want Rex, and if he were to make it into Smash as a playable character, he would instantly be my most hated character in the entire Smash series, regardless of how good or bad he ends up being.

Bandana Dee

Chance 70%

Well, Bandana Dee is one of the characters that survived the massive deconfirmation wave in the most recent Direct, being not even shown as a Spirit. I think that he, along with Elma, currently has the best chances out of any first-party Nintendo character. The one big hurdle I see is Sakurai's pretty obvious disinterest in anything that came from a Kirby game that he didn't create, but who knows how big of an issue that really is.

Want: 80%
He's nowhere near close to being my most wanted, but all things considered? Out of all the characters that are commonly talked about for having a shot at being DLC, he's the one that seems the most interesting to me (outside of my own most wanted, of course).

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Rex:
Chance: ??? (Abstain)
It's so hard to say at this point, given he's got a Mii Costume that's a decent likeness of him, and Sakurai did pretty much say it was way too early for someone like Rex to be a part of the initial roster, so I think it's hard to say if Rex has a decent chance at all. If the Mii costume does deconfirm him, then I think he's out for good. Outside of that, his popularity is rather minimal compared to other Xenoblade 2 characters, and of course he faces competition with Elma, who hasn't been seen so far and has a bit more to her thanks to her double guns and double swords moveset potential.

Want: 60%
Part of the reason I wanted Rex in the first place was for the possibility of a unique Ice Climbers team-up type moveset where Pyra/Mythra will join the fight and power up some of Rex's attacks, so I thought he'd be an interesting character. I don't have much hope for Rex joining at this point in time, but if he does, I'll be pleasantly surprised if the Mii Costume was a fake-out. ...But unlike a certain King or a squid/kid or secretary, I don't think that's happening.

Bandanna Waddle Dee:

Chance: 70%
"HE'S A HAT GOOMBA!" is no longer a valid complaint against this little guy anymore now that Piranha Plant's a playable character. It shouldn't really have much swaying power, since Bandanna Dee has a well-defined personality at this point and is pretty much the Lancer (literally) for the series. He's got plenty of moveset potential if you were to flesh out the Spear copy ability from the Kirby games; maybe sprinkle a bit of Staff or Parasol here and there... BWD's also got popularity in Japan as one of their most wanted characters, and he's definitely relevant through Star Allies. I think he has one of the better chances for a newcomer in the DLC.

I like Kirby, and I would like to see BWD wrap up the Four Musketeers of this series. Not to mention he brings a unique weapon with him to the fight in a spear, which is very refreshing amongst the other weapon users amongst the cast.

Nomination: Hector (Fire Emblem X5)

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Rex Want: 10%

Rex with Mythra or at least Pyra would be a lot better than solo Rex. Wasted opportunity otherwise.

Bandana Waddle Dee Chance: 95%

The main three arguments against him were:
  • He's a generic enemy.
  • Sakurai is biased against the Kirby series.
  • Sakurai doesn't represent the post-Sakurai Kirby series.
:ultpiranha: counters the first argument, and World of Light counters the second. The third one's the strongest, though Magolor is a spirit IIRC.
Rex Chance: 20%

I suppose he's not deconfirmed, but what Sakurai said is a strong suggestion he won't be in. Elma's got a better chance.

Bandana Waddle Dee Want: 99%

There's only one character I want more than him. He definitely needs to be on the roster no matter what.

aarchak

Smash Ace
Rex

Sakurai has definitely disconfirmed him. I highly doubt he'd get in even for a wave 2 of DLC, considering all the representation XC2 got, especially with regards to music.
I did quite like XC2, but Rex was definitely NOT the highlight of that game. Far from it, he was by far the WORST part of it in my opinion. His character was inconsistent, bland, and kinda static. I can totally understand if you or someone else like Rex, but I don't. I'd want another party member in the game, other than him.

Bandanna Waddle Dee

Chance: 20%
He's got a good shot, but there is significant competition against him, and he lacks promotional power, considering Kirby Star Allies came out long ago and the time for promoting it has passed. I don't think Sakurai wants to look like there's favoritism for Kirby either, so he might be more hesitant on BWD.
Oh yeah, I'd totally enjoy him as a fighter. I quite like the Kirby series, and its characters are very fun to play.

Nominations
Lora x10

Last edited:

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
STEGOSAURUS

His Mii costume basically deconfirms him. There's always that slight chance of him being in the 2nd fighters pass, but it's very unlikely. Also, I've never been too interested in him being by himself without Pyra.

BANDANA BOI
Chance: 85%

Considering Nintendo chose the DLC this time around, Bandana Dee still has a very good shot. He's highly requested, has a very easy moveset to implement, and Nintendo loves to promote the hell out of Star Allies. He would be a very fun character to play as well, and it would make his fans very happy. Also the "Goomba with a hat" argument is dead now, considering a generic Piranha Plant became playable.

Predictions: Geno: 50%

Nominations: Reaper x10

Last edited:

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
Rex-
Mii outfits don't discomfirm characters, but Rex is a special case. If we get a second fighter pack, this number would be higher.

Want: abstain

Dee-
Chance: 100%
I honestly don't see a timeline where the most requested character in the world that isn't yet confirmed/discomfirmed doesn't get in, especially when there's literally no reason not to. First party, popular, massive part of his franchise, advertises relevant games, etc. The "generic mook" argument never held water, especially now that we have plant.

The only character the roster needs to be perfect, in my eyes.

nominating entirely 1st party dlc x10

Last edited:

MegaTailsFreak

Smash Rookie
NNID
ZerkerMech
Rex

I don't see him getting a Mii Fighter costume and being a DLC fighter in the same game.
If there is going to be a second DLC pass in the future, he still can make it in, but I'm not counting on it.

I don't know anything about him to give him a want rating.

Bandana Waddle Dee

Chance: 70%
Bandana Dee is one of the 1st party characters that has a decent shot at being DLC.
He has lots of potential for his moveset with his spear, a weapon which no other character on the roster has. which could help his chances.

He sounds like he would be a lot of fun to play as.
I'm a fan of the Kirby series too.

Nominations - Grovyle x5
Boss: Kracko x5

Last edited:

PapillonXtreme

Smash Apprentice
Rex

It's highly unlikely that they would add Rex as a DLC Fighter, especially since he has a Mii Costume as a form of apology for not putting him in the base roster due to it's recency. Still, if there's a Season 2 DLC (if there even is one), then Rex would be the most likely character to get in, but right now, he doesn't have a chance anymore.

Want: 15%
As much as I like Rex, there are other first-party characters that I wanted to get in first before Rex. Besides, I would have preferred if they have Elma as DLC instead of him.

Bandana Dee

Chance: 25%
Out of all the first-party characters that we might get as DLC, Bandana Dee is the most likely candidate. However, since Nintendo is the one planning the DLC Fighters, I don't think that's the case. For one, he really doesn't have anything to promote since Star Allies has already been released and I certainly can't think of a stage that could come alongside Bandana Dee, so there's that.

Want: 70%
I really loved Bandana Dee and seeing him in Smash would be a dream come true for me, but with how the DLC is being handled, I don't think he'll make it in this time. Maybe in Season 2, he'll have a fighting chance.

Nominations:
3rd Party Character from an unrepped company x5
Nero Claudius x5

Last edited:

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
Rex

If he was up for consideration, then we probably wouldn't have had such a big focus on his Mii Costume back in the November Direct. While Xenoblade 2 fits the DLC schedule much better than the base roster schedule, it looks pretty apparent that a playable character is not what Sakurai sees in Rex this time.

Man, remember everyone arguing that they could've Greninja'd Rex into Ultimate? Or how he took up pretty much half of all the speculation wishlists alongside Decidueye, back when Smash 5 was just announced? How the turns have tabled.

Want: 25%
Look people, you're going to have to let one of these walking anime cliches in if you're going to have another Xenoblade character. I mean, assuming Xenoblade 2 is populated by walking anime cliches, which is assumed only because of its design choices.

Bandana Waddle Dee

Chance: 80%
While most character support threads now have to cling to the technical possibility that DLC can overwrite any current representation they already have in Ultimate--whether as an Assist Trophy, background element, or Spirit--Bandana Waddle Dee has no such worries on his mind. Indeed, of all the popular candidates to have shown up in some form or other by now, only Bandana Dee can boast both a conspicuous absence and a massive support base on both sides of the pond.

I'd say the main things going against him is Sakurai's veto vote, a man who isn't expected to significantly represent post-Sakurai Kirby characters in Smash anytime soon. He'd made the Waddle Dee, of course, and he certainly never saw them as dedicated spear users himself. If there's five more compelling alternatives on Nintendo's list, then it's possible that Sakurai goes for those instead of having to make do with Bandana Dee, someone who's really a HAL creation more than a Sakurai creation.

In that case, though, you'd think Bandana Dee would have been deconfirmed by some random cameo by now. Certainly, I'd like to think that Sakurai is above pettily boycotting representation of later Kirby characters and elements, so as far as I can see it, the road is plenty clear and wide for Bandana Waddle Dee. to get in.

Want: 75%
I had my doubts when I first heard of the idea of him getting into Ultimate, but that was way back when his only significant appearance was in Revenge of the King in Kirby Super Star Ultra. He's had plenty of sponsorship since then to become a recognized part of the Kirby crew, so there's nothing I can really hold against him besides a little plainness of moveset from his ordinary-as-anything spear.

Prediction:
Geno: 18%

Nominations
Frisk x5
Papyrus x5

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Rex:

Chance: 15% - I think Sakurai's statement about the mii costume may have been meant for base-game, and that the costume itself was just meant as a bonus for the DLC pass. Of course, it could've been either, so I don't know; I'm still not sure if we'd get another Xenoblade character, but it's possible.

Want: Abstain - I don't care.

edit: woops didn't notice we were rating the Dee as well.

Banana Waffle Doo:

Chance: 50% - He seems to place high on polls especially in Japan from what I've seen, and Star Allies seems to be doing well so I could see Nintendo and Sakurai considering Bandana Dee, maybe even deciding to add him as DLC. The Kirby franchise does well so I don't see a reason to restrict it to three characters in Smash.

Want: 50% - I like Bandana Dee but I don't really care either way. There's also other Kirby characters I'd like such as Adeleine, Dark Matter, Marx, and Gooey.

Predictions:

Geno 45%

Nominations:

Creeper x2
Lizalfos x1
Dinolfos x1
Stalfos x1

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Hat Goomba

...lol, it's not a Hat Goomba. It's a Hat Toad.

Chance: 15%

Look, I don't think :ultpiranha:'s inclusion opens the floodgates for every generic enemy to get in. But I also don't think BWD is a generic enemy. However, I also don't consider him a spearman - when I think of 'spearman,' I'm thinking Oberyn Martell, not puffball-with-a-pointy-stick.

From before...
Dee is in a position similar to Toad - a generic character made unique by the addition of an accessory, and despite appearing frequently as a sidekick in the main series games, has not even shown as anything noteworthy (not even an assist) in Smash.

We can speculate all we like about ballot results, but nobody knows the actual results, besides that ballot was easy enough to vote-by-bot so we don’t know how skewed it is. We all live in our forum threads so it sounds like there’s loads of support, but we don’t really know. Personally, I haven’t heard Dee banded about by anyone outside of these boards...granted I don’t look for material either.

As for “we need a spear user,” I don’t really think of him as a spearman simply because he holds a spear. If I wanted to see a spear fighting style, I’d look for someone from Zelda, now that Link got a bunch of spears as possibilities, or they likely have some in Fire Emblem. A puffball waving around a pointy stick that is as long as he is wide would not be able to do more than poke with it and also wouldn’t have extended range - kinda like how Meta Knight’s swordsmanship is not really at the level of the rest of the swordsmen in Smash. Honestly, I see Dee more as a pokey Meta Knight than anything else.

On his side, the Kirby series is getting a new game, and I’m sure the series as a whole is much more popular in Japan than in the west. But Sakurai did seriously cut down on Kirby content after people claimed Brawl favored the series too much (it wasn’t bad), and now the complaints about Sakurai favoring his own stuff skyrocketed for SSB4 (that was excessive). He may be hesitant to feed that debate more.

Personally, I don’t really see anything in Dee. While most people think we have enough sword fighters, I say bring on the sword fighters to balance out all of the small round puffball type characters with stubby arms and legs (not that that’s all bad, since I support Squirtle and he fits that description too). I’ve never been that into the Kirby series, so there’s not much about him that says ‘unique’ to me.

I’m not going to riot if he gets in, and I’ll be happy for his supporters since they’ve been around a while, I just think there are some more deserving characters who are more important to their respective series and whose series deserve more representation.
...sidenote: Yay Squirtle!

Mii Costume

Chance (pack 1): 0%
Chance (later DLC): 5%

The way they presented that Mii costume as “Maybe it’ll feel like you’re playing as Rex!” suggests they’re not going to pick him for the pack.

...but with his fanbase in Japan, he could be likely for later DLC.

Honestly though, I’d have preferred Spring Man if we were to get a brand new game represented. I’m not big on JRPGs and their fashion-oblivious protagonists. I’d like to finally get a Western first-person RPG in...like Skyrim...

Prediction for Puppet Boy: 32.4%
Nom: (we get 10 today, right?) more DLC x all

Last edited:

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
Rex:

Chance - 5%

I'm still unsure whether Sakurai meant the Mii costume was due to lack of inclusion in base game or DLC but I think it seems like it was for DLC, there is s still a chance I guess? Yea, not really seeing it.

Want - Abstain

Haven't played XC2 yet. I might get into the series, depends.

Bandana Dee:

Chance - 70%

He is not a spirit or an assist trophy BUT the game isn't out yet and he could be hiding as a spirit. He is extremely popular in Japan and out of the characters we have left to pick the only one with a bigger fanbase is Banjo. I would rate him higher due to him being a great promotional pick plus his huge popularity but this is Nintendo and I can't be fully sure on anyone anymore and I have a gut feeling he won't make it for some reason. Let's be real this guy would sell like crazy though and him not being DLC would be a missed opportunity for a good crash bag, easily the most likely Nintendo character.

Want - 100%

My number one most wanted character nobody comes close except Isaac but he seems to be out of the picture most likely. This guy could have such a fantastic moveset and a lot of his hate seems to be really unfounded to the point where it baffles me. This little guy truely deserves the spotlight after all his recent adventures!

Nominations: Rhythm Girl x10

Last edited:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Rex

Chance: 0 - From the way sakurai talked about him in the direct it seems like he's done. In a recent interview it sounds like all the characters were picked in December of 2015 other than Incineroar, and with XC2 coming out in December of 2017 it seems like he was too late for this game.

Want: 25 - I don't play XC so I know nothing about the character. Keeping it at a 25 percent because I know my brothers would love to see him in either alone or with Pyra

Bandana Dee

Chance: 70 - It not being a spirit gives Dee a much better chance than before. I'm still believing Vergeben when he says that spirits deconfirm characters, and it surviving that we know of makes it one of the most likely 1st party characters

Want: 20 - Not really a fan of the idea of getting a spear user in. Also think the Kirby reps are pretty good where they're at.

Noms:
Gen 8 Pokemon x 10

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Double zeroes for Rex for me.

His Mii costume comes with the season pass. It's a consolation prize. He's not going to be a character AND a costume in the same pass.

As for want, I think his and Pyra's designs are eyesores.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Rex
Chance: 2%

With Nintendo apparently only deciding the DLC roster once the base was complete, I wasn't massively certain what the Mii outfit actually meant, thinking if it was in base it wasn't a deconfirmation. However with the reveal that it's packaged with the Fighters Pass that does shoot it down considerably.

I'm not going to dismiss it entirely since Xenoblade 2 did get some cross promotional material in Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild and the Torna DLC only came out two months ago so it's still pretty fresh so I feel like Nintendo may still want to push it slightly, but it's not looking as good as it was when speculation began.

Kinda surprising how all the characters Smashboards thought were close to shoo-ins such as Rex, Springman and Decidueye all got pretty solid deconfirmations.

I genuinely have no strong opinion on Rex as I still haven't gotten around to getting into Xenoblade. It's on my list, but other games have taken priority over it for me, pushing it further down the list. I've heard he's 'annoying' and simultaneously really great so I'm actually unsure how I'm going to react to him when I finally play his game.

Bandana Waddle Dee
Chance: 50%

Well...nothing much has changed for Dee for better or worse. He's one of the few characters to not put ANY kind of appearance in which is...well it's weird to say the least as you'd reasonably expect him to appear in either a trophy last game or Spirit form this game, but nothing thus far. Zippo, zilch.

Bandana Waddle Dee these days can easily be seen as Kirby's player 2, with him teaming up with the Kirbster in Rainbow Curse, being the first unlocked Dream Friend in Star Allies(and the only one of the intial base games you don't need to battle to get on your side) and easily being the deutagonist in Kirby Battle Royale(although weirdly not playable in it). He's also extremely cute, has an obvious moveset and Piranha Plant has rendered any criticism of him moot. Hell, aside from Kirby, Waddle Dee as a species seems to have the most merchandise so he's definitely marketable, and as Japan's most wanted he's inarguably popular with the Smash fans.

Heck, Nintendo even is choosing this time rather than Sakurai whom many speculated may not be very into adding Kirby cast members that didn't star in his games as there's a lot of talk about Nintendo departments being precious over their own creations such as why we are unlikely to ever see Daisy or Sarasaland in a mainline Mario game.

On the other hand...Bandana Waddle Dee was replaced with a generic Waddle Dee in the Kirby Amiibo lineup, and unlike his fellow Nintendo All Star species in a hat Captain Toad hasn't quite had a chance to be the lead protagonist yet...and no, I wouldn't count Battle Royale as that game as Kirby is still very much the main character...and more importantly Sakurai does still get a say at the end of the selection process.

Going from a marketing point of view Dee's a mixed bag. He's already popular so he'd sell well without a doubt and Star Allies is a thing...on the other he himself isn't really the face of any particular game that's coming up or currently out. He's not even on the box cover for Star Allies, but in all fairness neither are Dedede and Metaknight...

My gut says it's a coin flip. Kirby's been promoted a lot more recently and recieves better treatment than most series outside Mario, Pokemon, Zelda, Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem by the company, but he's still got to fight for one of those elusive five fighter slots...tricky.

That said, sign me up. Bandana Waddle Dee is definitely what I'd call a Nintendo All Star and currently sitting at my number two most wanted. He's cute, he packs a wallop, and he's popular to boot. What's not to love?

I'd take original player 2 character Gooey over him if pressured to state which of the Kirby cast are my favourite, but Dee has proven himself so much over the past decade with his regular appearances(some of which are even playable) and Waddle Dees are as big a staple of the Kirby games as Kirby himself.

Let him Smash. Generic arguments have always been nonsense, but aside from Piranha Plant the Inklings pretty much showcased that from the start of this game, and R.O.B. and Game and Watch and Yoshi before them before we even include any of the Pokemon.

I'd still rather he got in alongside Captain Toad than before him, since...honestly I think Toads as a whole is a slightly bigger deal to Nintendo than Waddle Dees are, but I can't help but support both of these little 'generic' royal guardians and I'd still slap Dee with the award of the third biggest All Star omission in my eyes right after Toad and Dixie Kong.

Also yes, I know I talk about the term 'All Star' a lot and it bothers a few people.
I give a **** about playing as Nintendo's biggest and brightest names. Shocking I know, but that's the whole reason Smash 64 was alluring to me in the first place. The quirky unknowns were more of a salad or side dish I'd try out of curiosity rather than the main course for me to tuck into, and that's why I want as many as we can get before we fill up at the salad bar with lesser names from less known games.

Give me some juicy main course Nintendo; I want it to be Dee-licious.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
So we're doing both Rex AND Bandana Dee? Ok then.

Let's start with Rex:

Chance: 0.5%. I'm pretty sure Mii Costumes deconfirm characters. Even if they didn't, Sakurai apologized to fans due to Rex's absence from the game, so there are probably no plans for him. The only reason I'm not giving him a 0% is that anything is possible, but it might as well be 0%.
Want: 90%. It sucks because we know that Nintendo's picking characters this time, and that they'll pick promotional ones. Rex and Pyra (and Spring Man) the promotional characters that people actually wanted (Now we're gonna get stuck with Byleth, aka Corrin 2.0). If he wasn't deconfirmed before he even had a chance to prove himself, Rex would have been able to use a reverse Pokemon Trainer-like mechanic with Rex's multiple Blades, and would have represented Xenoblade better than Shulk would alone, since XB2 was way more relevant upon its release than either of the other games were upon theirs.

And now Bandana Dee:

Chance: 10%. Bandana Dee is the only fan favorite who has anything working for him. First up, there's the fact that he's the only Nintendo fan favorite who hasn't been shown in a non-fighter role. Secondly, Kirby Star Allies is receiving it's 3rd and biggest content update very soon. There is a possibility that Nintendo will want to promote it. Sadly, that's where Bandana Dee's benefits end. In the end, he's still gonna be seen as a 1st party fan-favorite, and Smash has never added any DLC 1st party characters outside of veterans and promotions, let alone any fan-favorites. There's also the very good chance that Bandana Dee actually is a spirit and just hasn't been shown off yet, possibly being an Enhancement of a normal Waddle Dee. There's also Pirahna Plant who fills the role of "enemy", so I doubt Nintendo would add two enemies in the DLC. As poorly thought out as the Goomba Argument is, it might actually affect Bandana Dee's chances negatively. Even if he's not deconfirmed now, he could be deconfirmed upon release AND would have to get through the extremely likely 3rd parties and promotional characters like Byleth, Gen 8 and Team Hitagi. Even then, there's a slight chance that Pirahna Plant could have already stolen his slot.

Want: 999%. (Or if that's not allowed, just 100%). Bandana Dee is tied with Shantae for my most wanted character. Like it or not; believe it or not; Bandana Dee IS a main character in the Kirby series and would bring a unique moveset thanks to him being the only Spear user in the game. There's also the fact that Kirby is underrepresented. In case anyone disagrees, I'd like to point out that 1: Metroid and FE have more reps and 2: Star Fox, Awakening, and Link (not Zelda. Link as a character) have as many reps. In their series, Kirby has outsold Metroid and Star Fox combined, so Kirby does need more representation. In addition, Modern Kirby has next to no representation, with nothing but a few minor veteran changes, 2-3 Final Smashes, 3 trophies, a few Spirits, a few songs (most being copy/pasted), no Stages, and no Fighters, while other franchise get loads of new stuff for their new games (Odyssey Stage, BOTW Stage, BOTW Link overhaul, 3 Star Fox Zero redesigns, 3 Awakening Fighters, 1 Fates fighter, New Pokemon Reps for Gens 4, 6 and 7, Pokemon Stages for Gens 4, 5, and 6, and probably some more I can't think of). Bandana Dee and his stage would be the first meaningful modern Kirby content in Smash Bros. While some may argue for other Kirby reps due to Dream Friend appearances in Star Allies, they just aren't recurring characters in the Kirby series like Bandana Dee is and act more like Playable Bosses than they do actual fighters. As for anyone calling him a Hat Goomba, Pirahna Plant's a thing, so please stop saying that he shouldn't be in Smash solely because of that. Pirahna Plant's not even the most iconic enemy in the Mario series and yet here we are! Smash Bros without Bandana Dee doesn't feel right, since the game's supposed to be about Nintendo series and their main characters, and like it or not; believe it or not; Bandana Dee is a main character of the Kirby series.

Nomination: No Fan Favorites/Highly Requested Characters x10.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
tbh if Super Sonic can be a Spirit you battle for (so I assume you can equip the Spirit) I don't see why Spirits would disconfirm characters.

"Oh, but that's his Final Smash!"

It's still Sonic, the very same Hedgehog.

11th

Smash Apprentice
tbh if Super Sonic can be a Spirit you battle for (so I assume you can equip the Spirit) I don't see why Spirits would disconfirm characters.
"Oh, but that's his Final Smash!"
It's still Sonic, the very same Hedgehog.
The problem seems to be that the Spirits shown so far aren't meant to represent the fighter directly.

Mario appears in three Spirits, but those Spirits represent the Rock power-up and Baby Mario from the Yoshi series specifically.
Yoshis appear in two Spirits, but those Spirits represent Yarn Yoshi and a Green Yoshi that helped Baby Mario specifically.
(Yoshi isn't really a specific, recurring individual to begin with, so he may also be an exception compared to most of the roster...)
Kirby appears in a Spirit, but that Spirit represents the Robobot Armour.
Peach appears in a Spirit, but that Spirit represents the Cat power-up.
Both Wii Fit Trainers appear as Spirits, but both Spirits represent actions. (Tree pose and one that's tough to make out cropped -- possibly Deep Breathing?)
Etc.

Meanwhile, Daisy has a Spirit that matches her fighter design, but doesn't show an action, power-up, item, etc.
However, this Spirit is specifically classified as a "Fighter Spirit". Fighter Spirits cannot be equipped in the Spirits mode. They only exist for show.

However, the Spirits alone aren't potentially disconfirming characters. It's the implication that the DLC picks were finalized some time ago, given that Rex was said to have been too late for the project plan despite his noted popularity. If they were going to make a character into a DLC fighter, they would know who to exclude from Spirits, Mii outfits, and Assist Trophies to save production time and resources. There's no point in making something that you know you'll be removing later, unless they can specifically make it so that the updates only "cut" the conflicting content after it is purchased, otherwise you'll also be taking away content from people who won't or can't buy the DLC.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Tyranasaurus Rex

Chance: 0%. One of the few characters I'm content in giving a 0 to. Sakurai was apologizing for him not being included. That's good enough me.

Banana Waffle Dee

Chance: 80%. He's currently my most expected individual character. There's a ton of things going for him, such as relevancy, popularity, moveset potential, and reference to hem "deserving his prize" in Star Allies. I'm only restraining from anything higher is because I've been thinking this since March, but nothing yet.

Want: 100%. He's tied for my most wanted character. I'm a huge Kirby fan, so I wan't to see him quite a bit.

Nominations: Grovyle x10

FancySmash

Smash Lord
But I don't wanna use my head! (Rex)

Rating this from the perspective of these 5 characters that we call Season 1, I don't see Rex happening. The way that the Mii Costume was revealed was rather telling in my book. I just can't see a reason why Sakurai would make this costume, say "I hope this costume makes you feel as though you're playing as Rex" and then add him as DLC anyways. There would've been no point to making the Mii outfit. Down the road, if the demand keeps up though, and if there are more DLC characters after these five (not counting P. Plant), I could see him.

Haven't really played any of the Xenoblade games to be honest. Even then, I think more people see Elma as likely now that she's absent from the game from what we've seen. Kinda like...

Bokoblin with a Beret (Bandana Dee)

Chance: 30%
The only place I am OK with seeing Goomba with a hat comments is when it's a joke. Of course I want Bandana Dee in, and I want to believe, I really do, that Bandana Dee has a chance at these DLC slots. He's rather high on the ballot from the polls that we've seen, and Japan seems to like him. However, I have a nagging feeling that Nintendo is gonna be Nintendo and choose promotional material. Even then, I like to think Dee has a shot. Star Allies is getting a legitimately meaningful update come the 30th, and that could be a good tie to him in Smash. That said, with how DLC has worked out before in Smash... I'm befuddled.

Want: ∞% (Effectively 100%)
Bandana Dee is the only character I truly desire. Anyone else is just bonus content after my waddle warrior. I've been waiting for Kirby to get a fourth member after Brawl gave us Dedede and Meta Knight so that it could be a Kirby vs. Dedede vs. Meta Knight vs. 4th Member match, and Bandana Dee rolled around as the perfect candidate for this. I'll acknowledge that other characters (Marx, Adeline) are high wants too, but with them only recently returning to the series, I don't see it as likely. Magolor also gives Dee a run for his money... well, more like a leisurely walk, I just don't see anyone as likely as Bandana Dee, especially with his mysterious absence so far. And even then, Bandana Dee is still my preferred choice.

Noms: x10 Professor Hector

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Rex

Chance: 0.01%. Yeah not happening. The way Sakurai disconfirmed Rex definitely means he won't be in this DLC season considering his mii costume is in the Pass. If there's a season 2 then his chance is much higher.

Want: 50% Again, Xenoblade characters are interesting and he would be fun to play as.

Bandana Dee

Chance: 40%. One of two major Nintendo characters that haven't been AT'd or have a Spirit. So he still has a good shot. Problem is though is Sakurai rarely using content from games he didn't work on, if he'll be profitable, and if the pass will just be 3rd parties(which I see could see happening due to them being DLC that sells more).

Want: 70% The little guy has grown on me.

Nominate Concept: All DLC characters will be 3rd Party x10

Last edited:

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
Rex
Chance:0%
Mr. Sakurai said he put the mii costume in because planning was made before his announcement. I don't think he's going to be DLC at this point. He also stated Nintendo already picked the 5 DLC Characters.
Want:0%

BWD
Chance:85% Want:100%
One way or the other BWD will show up in this game. Be it a spirit or fighter. One thing is for sure. He does not get enough credit for his significance in his respective franchise. But hey that's just my opinion.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Rex: 40%. People were super disappointed that he wasn't a fighter, Sakurai can work some magic.

DeeLC: 80%. Let's be honest, he's the world's number one fighter request who wasn't added. I said this earlier, Dee was probably in the base game but moved to DeeLC to make room for some ad fighters.

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Rex

Chance: 0.5%

Welp! Prior to the direct I thought he was extremely likely as DLC, but the costume being packed with the pass changed that. Really feels like a consolation prize. It seems to me the timing was just awful here, too early for base yet too late for DLC.

I've only played the first Xenoblade, so I no connection to Rex. I do like Shulk and his game, though, so I'm ok with giving Rex a shot.

Will edit in BWD later if I have time, if not I'll abstain

JCKirbs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperMushroomU
Rex

There's only a sliver of a chance that Rex could join the battle, and that would be if Nintendo wants to promote Xenoblade 2 in some way. However, I feel that it's doing well enough in sales + DLC to the point that Nintendo really shouldn't be worrying about it. Otherwise, the Mii Costume and Spirits are there to compensate for the lack of a playable Xeno 2 character.

I don't even have a Switch to play Xenoblade 2 on, nor do I want to spoil the game until I play it for myself. Although, I have been hearing that Rex would be quite the boring character on his own, so perhaps he needs Pyra & Mythra by his side before he joins the battle.

Bandana Dee

I would've put the percentage at a higher level, if it weren't for the fact that Nintendo was picking the fighters instead of Sakurai. However, if they're going for popularity within franchises rather than promotion, Bandana Dee would be a complete lock in my view. He is a highly requested fighter from what I've seen, and he would bring a new primary weapon to the table if he was to be included in Smash, so his wouldn't be unoriginal. Considering the lack of Kirby reps, and the general appeal of Waddle Dees in places like Japan, I feel that Bandana Dee would fit right in with a good chunk of the Smash Community minus the people who REALLY don't want him to see him in Smash.

Even since the Smash ballot took off after Smash 4 launched, I have been advocating for the little guy to this very day. He's my #1 most wanted Smash Bros. fighter pick, and I would literally never ask Sakurai for anything ever again if he joined the battle.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Rex
Chance: Abstain

Xenoblade 2 is my most played game on Switch, and I like Rex. While some people suggest the Blades would be in the background like Pokemon Trainer, it wouldn't capture the Driver & Blade mechanic. Pyra & Mythra would have to be next to Rex like Ice Climbers and Rosalina & Luma.

But hey, we're suppose to be outright dismissive towards Rex's chances because of the Mii outfit & Sakurai's comments.
PVQU0dd.png
What a 180 people had towards Rex. At the very least, this is exactly how Rex would react if he saw the Mii outfit.

Bandana Dee

"Hat Goomba" is no longer a valid argument thanks to Piranha Plant. I think he'd be fun to play, and his moveset is right there in Return to Dream Land and Star Allies. He's part of my DLC wanted list.

I do wonder if the issue with Bandana Dee is an actual bias Sakurai has against modern Kirby, or just some fear of being seen as being bias by other people for adding Kirby content. While his spirit was never found, I'm skeptical they showed all spirits from the Direct. They didn't even show off that Nia mii outfit when they easily could've during the Mii Fighter or Xenoblade 2 segments.

Anyone know the current spirits count? I'm curious if it could break a thousand.

Kracko as a boss x10

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Rex-jected
Chance: 0.01%
Sakurai basically said he isn't happening. So I choose to believe him.
Kinda funny how we all thought he'd be a guaranteed DLC character before DLC was actually announced.
Want: N/A

Piranha Plant with a Hat
Chance: 75%

He's popular, he's relevant, he's from a series that hasn't gotten a newcomer since Brawl, he isn't an AT, etc. He doesn't really have anything going against him, especially now that the "Hat Goomba" argument is finally dead forever.
He could still end up getting unlucky, though.
He's one of my most wanted characters. He seems like he'd be fun to play as, despite what some people may think.
He would also be Smash's first spear user, and would result in the Kirby series completing the weapon triangle before Fire Emblem, which I find hilarious.
Geno prediction: 30%
Noms: DLC Stages outside of Fighter Pass x10

Last edited:

SwitchButton

Banned via Administration
Rex:
Poor, poor Rex. The victim of hilariously, astronomically, IMPOSSIBLY bad timing. I mean, the planets straight up aligned on this one. His game came out like 2 years too late for base game, and frankly, I think his game is 2 years too early to be considered for any kind of Corrin-style advertising DLC. I know there are no rules and Sakurai does what he wants, but I don't think he'd outright apologize and include a Mii costume as DLC if the character was in. And, with typical JRPG fashion, it's probably safe to say Xenoblade 3 will have an all new main character, which means that Rex is probably never EVER joining Smash Bros.

In my opinion it's full on R.I.P for this character.

I'm not even slightly interested in sexual fanservice games

Bandana Waddle Dee:
Chance: 60%
Seems to be the popular opinion that Bandana Dee is one of, if not the, most likely first party character. Waddle Dee's are some of the most popular video game characters in Japan, and the species has extremely potent merchandising. People used to call him a generic mook, but being a Waddle Dee might just be what gets him in. They know he'd sell because Waddle Dees sell truckloads of merchandise on a daily basis. Very attractive to corporate suits looking to maximize DLC profits.
With that said, we simply don't know what Nintendo's goals are with this DLC. It could focus on third party characters, or ONLY on upcoming 2019 games. With this I think it's still a coin flip, but I'll push it slightly in BanDee's favor, since Piranha Plant was possibly chosen by Nintendo, and that would mean good things for Dee's odds.
Also the fact that he's suspiciously absent in all shapes or forms

He's cute, iconic, and has a new weapon type. What else is there to say?

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
Tyrannosaurus (Rex):
Chance: 0%-If he were part of the pass, he wouldn't have been included as a bonus Mii Fighter costume. As I said here before, I don't think we'll get any more costume-to-character ascensions aside from Geno and either Lloyd or Heihachi.
Want: 0%-I really don't like his design, much less the ones for his "swords" (though Mythra is a bit okay-ish), and the ridiculous amount of anime tropes in them. And for once, I'm glad to see no promotional characters in the game aside from Pokémon with Incineroar (which due to Sakurai's recent statements, is just something he does out of habit).

Bandana Dee:
Chance: 20%-I don't know, I just feel like he isn't going to join in no matter what. I know he's popular, and that "being a generic thug" isn't an issue anymore, but something tells me he won't happen.
Want: 55%-Same thing with Dixie. I'm fine with him if included, but I won't complain if he doesn't make either. Granted, I do like the idea of another Kirby character.

EDIT: Seems like I forgot about my nominations. Concept: Fighter Pass will be guests onlyx5

Last edited:

BlueMagician

Smash Journeyman
(Bandanna) Waddle Dee:

Chance: 25%
The good news is, Sakurai isn't choosing DLC so chances are better than normal. The bad news is, Sakurai still has veto power, which is important because he might veer away from more Kirby characters since World of Light is Kirby fanservice. Oh, and we don't know how Nintendo is choosing things, but we won't know how to judge that until we see the choices.
Aside from that, some people think Piranha Plant makes Dee more like likely, but I think it actually gets in the way of Dee's chances - they might think they have too many 'enemy' fighters, despite WD being more than that now.
At least there's decent support from Kirby fans and from within Japan.

Want: 70%
Though I've never been on the Waddle Dee train, I would like to see the little fighter in Smash. I've said before that I like parasol Waddle Dee and if they mixed that in with the Spear set I'd be amazed.

Rex and by extension anything Xenoblade 2 related

Chance: 35%
Though the Mii fighter costume makes it seem bleak, the flip side is that the costume might exist because they have the resources from a planned DLC fighter they have. For him to be on the Pass, though, he would have to be the last one scheduled, and they would have had to reserved a slot for a Xeno 2 character in advance. Japan was pretty upset that he didn't make it in (more than with Waddle Dee), so even if he's not on it, it's possible they add him as post-Fighter's Pass DLC.

Want: 75%
Admittedly, I wanted Rex in the form of Rex and Pyra (and Mythra) to keep things fresh, and also a bit because I like the other two a bit more. But Rex is fine, too, and I don't think he gets enough credit. If someone else from Xeno 2 got the slot, though, I could work with it.
(Actually, Nia would be the best, but that's even more of a long shot.)

Geno predict%: 25%

Noms: Arle x 10

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Lizalfos x1
Stalfos x1
Dinolfos x1
Yeah... so I hate to be an annoyance, but none of these suggestions have support threads, and therefore are ineligible to be nominated according to the OP, where all nominations must have support threads. I was a bit skeptical when I saw Lizalfos the first time (there isn't thread, but I said nothing), but three of these seems a bit over-the-top. I'd recommend you put all 3 of these nominations on Lizalfos, and then go make a support thread for him. Dinolfos would be pretty cool to see in game I guess, but Stalfos isn't going to happen in my opinion. Then again, if Dinolfos can't even make the cut to be an enemy if Breath of the Wild (RIP, I actually really wanted to see him in so that we can get two -oblins and two -lfos as basic enemies), it probably isn't relevant enough...

A G G H

Nomination: Elma x5
Already confirmed to be on the schedule

Last edited:

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Yeah... so I hate to be an annoyance, but none of these suggestions have support threads, and therefore are ineligible to be nominated according to the OP, where all nominations must have support threads. I was a bit skeptical when I saw Lizalfos the first time (there isn't thread, but I said nothing), but three of these seems a bit over-the-top. I'd recommend you put all 3 of these nominations on Lizalfos, and then go make a support thread for him. Dinolfos would be pretty cool to see in game I guess, but Stalfos isn't going to happen in my opinion. Then again, if Dinolfos can't even make the cut to be an enemy if Breath of the Wild (RIP, I actually really wanted to see him in so that we can get two -oblins and two -lfos as basic enemies), it probably isn't relevant enough...

A G G H

Already confirmed to be on the schedule
Wait, they need a thread to be nominated? I've... kinda been nominating Professor Hector, just because I like the idea of a retro series like ROB getting two reps for it's series. If that's the case, I suppose you can replace him with "Retro Series getting Multiple reps" concept.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Thanks for the information, I missed that bit in the OP I guess.

tbh though those are just my joke suggestions, but I might make a thread for Lizalfos at least sometime since I'd actually like seeing them ingame, even if I don't really care too much.

Last edited:
Top Bottom