• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Chance: 0%
Like every main Zelda character that isn't wearing the triforce or Impa, she only appears once. She isn't happening.

Want:0%
There's only one LoZ character that's left that would complete the lineup for me Vaati. Anyone else is just fodder and unnecessary.

noms: Tethu X5

Layton - 30%

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Midna
Chance 6%
She's popular but that's all she has
Want: 20%
There's others I want

Nominate
Skull Kid x2
Parabo and Satebo x2
Lara Croft x1

Prediction 21%

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
Midna

Chance: 1%

If we get any new Zelda character it likely won't be her.

Want: 6%

Nominations: Arle Nadja ×5

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Midna
Chance: 5%
Her time has passed. That's really all there is to it.

Want: 35%
I like Midna, I really do, but the prospect of her as a Smash fighter in any way just doesn't interest me all that much.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Midna Chance - 1%: All the Twilight Princess HDs in the world aren't going to change this much unfortunately. If it's not an advertisement character for this series, it's going to be (and should be) Ganon.

Midna Want - 28%: She's easily one of the coolest female choices we have on here. Some people found her annoying, but she's a million times better than the usual Navi figures. Her chance is mostly low because while I like her as a character, she would feel very out of place and unjustified as a choice. Also, while Twilight Princess is great, I would heavily prefer Zant.

Predict Layton 18.5%

Nominate Blue Bowser x5

Last edited:

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Midna
Chances: 1%
We have yet to get a "one shot" Zelda newcomer. Brawl was Midna's big chance and SSB4 was Ghirahim's, and now this is the chance for one of the BOTW champions, but I doubt any of them will get in.

Want: 75%
Even though Twilight Princess is not one of my favorite Zelda games, I still enjoyed Midna as a character and would love to play as her.

x5 to Geno

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Midna:

Chance:
3% - She's got it a bit better than choices like Vaati, Zant or Ghirahim, but not by much.

Want: 0% - Twilight Princess isn't exactly one of my favorite Zelda games, it was mostly just alright, which is a bit disappointing for a 3D Zelda. Midna is one of the many things in the game that's just okay-ish, I actually liked her quite a bit in the beginning where she had a bit more of an edge, but I wasn't sold on her more emotional moments, it felt a bit forced to me as they came just a bit out of nowhere. She ended up being a bit forgettable to me, so there are a lot of other potential Zelda characters I'd prefer over her.

Nominations: Shovel Knight x5

Megaban

Smash Cadet
MIDNA
Chance -5%

Legit only thing she has going for her is popularity. She was in one main game and one spin-off (3?) so she's becoming less relevant. I'm afraid jut being an assist trophy isn't enough to warrant a spot.

Want -30%
Ehhh, I think there are better ideas out there for Zelda newcomers here. Like Impa or idk... character I keep nominating lol. Wouldn't really mind her, but I'd prefer someone else.

Prediction: Layton -17%

Nomination: Lana x5

D

Deleted member

Chance: 15%
Her time has passed, though she remains quite popular.

Want: 60%
The only Zelda game I've played was ALBW (Although I own many of the games in the series, mostly on the virtual console) though I want to play more.
That said, she seems like she'd be a cool character from Aetheri Aetheri 's description so I'd be alright with her getting in.

Phoenix Wright x5

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Midna

Chance: 10% - Her best shot was during Brawl, but didn't make the cut. Could've been a candidate for Smash 3DS/Wii U DLC due to Twilight Princess HD, but she was already an Assist Trophy. She's still a popular The Legend of Zelda character, but I don't think that's going to be enough for her, unfortunately.

Want: 100% - Twilight Princess is my favorite 'traditional' Zelda game, 2nd favorite overall, and Midna was always a fun companion character to have around. I think a lot of her moveset can derive from Twilight Princess alone, but what truly sold me on the idea was how fun her character was in Hyrule Warriors. I'd absolutely be content with Wolf Link, but I think going the Hyrule Warriors route with the shadow wolves would multiply her moveset potential. I'm actually starting to conceptualize a moveset for her, but I don't have it finished quite yet. Might post it here when I finish it.

Nominations: Concept - New Story Mode x5

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Chance: 0%

Completely irrelevant. Any one-time LoZ character that got in now would be a Champion.

Want: 92%

We really need an LoZ character who's not Link, Zelda, or Ganondorf. Midna is simply one of our coolest options. She could do some cool teleporting tricks and whip with her hair.

Nominations: Urban Champion ×5

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Midna

Chance - 3%
Sakurai is picky when it comes to a Zelda newcomer. We haven't had a proper true face since Melee and a lot of side characters have come and go in that time span. We know he likes adding characters that represent the essence of a franchise, so perhaps the current five does the trick for him.

She has popularity and recently appeared in a spin-off game once more to return to the spotlight (not saying much as nearly every Zelda character in existence is there) but she is another character who I feel her time has passed.

The only Zelda newcomer I think has a decent shot is Inpa and there are still a few issues with that.

Want - 50%
She is fine. Twilight Princess is by no means my favorite Zelda title but she was the highlight of it. I just prefer other alternatives like Lana or Impa.

Layton prediction: 11.2%

Noms: Phoenix Wright x7
Black Shadow x7
Concept: Entire roster revealed at E3 x1

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
Midna

Chance: 25%

A bit past her time, but she's still iconic and fun, kept relevant through her Amiibo, remaster and Hyrule Warriors. Personally think she'll suffer from the success of BotW.

Want: 25%

A mounted fighter? Nice! A wolf? Cool! Big slappy hand thing? I can get behind that! Amd I pasionate about it? Not at all! It's an idea, sure.

Layton Prediction: 16.38%

Nominations:
Bomberman x 3
Travis Touchdown x 1
Spyro x 1

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Midna

Chance-30%

Not as likely as Impa, but id say shes one of the Zelda frontrunners. I absolutley love BOTW, but what new character could they add from that game? The Champions? Well, you cant have one without the other 3, so that seems pretty out there (besides, its likely that Link will have their moves in his new moveset anyways). Master Kohga? Probably not. The King of Hyrule? Probably not. Kass? Probably not. Paya? DEFINITLEY not.

I shouldnt make bold assumptions, but considering that Smash 4 used TP designs despite the clear opporitunity to design Link & Zelda off of SS (granted, that was more so Ganondorf could fit in), I think Sakurai may be quite fond of TP. Now that Link and presumabley Zelda (and im praying to the 3 goddesses that Ganondorf gets a tune up) are getting new BOTW designs and moves, I see a very slight chance that Sakurai may include Midna to have the TP representation live on in her.

Want- 70%
That high score is prpbably me just wanting a new Zelda character badly, but I think she would be a fun inclusion. Id prefer Skull Kid, Impa, or Tingle but she is next in line for me and I wouldnt be upset if she got in while Tingle or Skull Kid didnt.

Professor Layton- 21.43%

Doomguy X 4
Thwomp X 1

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I cannot see a one-off character getting in Smash Switch at all. Unless Midna becomes a highly marketed, central staple in the Zelda series, the possibility of her being playable is low. Her only notable roles in recent games is Hyrule Warriors and the Wii U HD remake of Twilight Princess. Neither of these are new mainline Zelda games in which she had a huge role in. The only Zelda newcomers I can see having a chance for consideration are ones that have consistent, important roles such as Impa and Pig Ganon. Although, with Sheik present in Smash, I think the former will probably be passed off.

x5 Octolings

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Midna

I have to be real here...the only real shot she has is if Sakurai's looking to fill the demand for a Zelda newcomer and she happens to be the one that stands out the most to him...and it's no secret that there's a huge selection of characters to choose from. And being from just one main series game (one that happens to be the best selling game in the franchise, barring virtual console, remakes and re-releases) may work against her...Though she is still a beloved character from the Zelda series...

Although TPHD was released close to the start of development of Smash Switch on the Wii U, as well as the success of Hyrule Warriors would help to put her on people's minds, plus we don't know how well she may have performed on the ballot. And yes I know one's a port and one's a spinoff but that still doesn't mean that the character is any less relevant because of them.
There's also the immense amount of potential she has as a playable fighter, with or without Wolf Link, and we know that's something that may appeal to Sakurai as well.

But with all that said, I'm not holding my breath tbh...

Want: 100%
By far my most wanted character...Twilight Princess is one of my favourite Zelda games and Midna was a big reason for that. Beyond her likability, as I mentioned previously, she's got a ton of potential as a fun fighter with her use of Twili magic, warping, and of course using her hair for attacks and grapplling and perhaps even as a tether recovery. There's so much to work with even without borrowing from her TWO Hyrule Warriors movesets.
Zelda series really needs more depth in it's characters and it could use one or two newcomers and Midna is easily my number 1 choice as a playable fighter. Although I wouldn't be opposed to other characters like Impa, Skull Kid, and Ganon. But if I had to choose it would be Midna hands down...

----

Predictions:
Professor Layton-14.53%

----

Nominations:
Zelda Newcomer x5

chemo

Smash Apprentice
Midna

I don't see her being very likely when there are probably other, more relevant Zelda characters we could be seeing.

Want: 50%

I don't care which Zelda character gets in next as long as it's not a clone or Tingle, but it seems like Midna would make a fun character despite my feelings.

Nomination:

Doomguy x5

D

Deleted member

The dark imp

Chance: 10%
Twilight Princess is old news, and her only saving grace is for being the most popular Link's guide. Her moveset could also be interesting.

Want: 0%
I've nothing against her in particular, but I prefer to see under-repped series like Donkey Kong and rising ones like Xenoblade getting newcomers first rather than a series which has been obscenely over-milked those last 7 years outside of Smash.
Having :4link: who is likely to have a moveset overhaul based from Breath of the Wild is more than enough already.

Nominations:
Music: Final Destination (Ver. 2) x5

Professor Layton prediction:
12.1%

Last edited by a moderator:

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
Midna
Chance 20%
She' had her chance and now it looks like they are moving past TP into BOTW while she still is poppular that is really all she has going for her I think we will get a few new zelda reps but I don' t think she is one of them
Want: 40%
meh she is cool but would rather have others

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Midna

Twilight Princess is ancient at this point and she has been lucky enough to at least get an assist trophy. There is no reason whatsoever to go back to Twilight Princess for content now especially with BOTW being out.

Want:10%
Midna's cool but there are better and more recent or prominent character to choose from in the Zelda series so I see no need for her to be added.

Nomination: Linkle X5

ClassicJono

Smash Rookie
NNID
ClassicJono
Midna
Her time has passed. I reckon she'll come back as an assist trophy. She has only featured in 1 zelda game as well.

Want: 15%
Shes cool but I'll rather other characters.

Nominations:
Anna (Fire Emblem) x5

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Midna:

Chance: 20%
Honestly, I'm really not sure what Sakurai is looking for in a Zelda character. Despite being Nintendo's third biggest series, and probably the one that's the most-consistently well received, we're stuck with essentially the same 4/5 characters since Melee (equating T.Link and Y.Link). With that said, Impa is really the only relevant reoccurring character left to choose from, excluding Tingle who could pull a DK/Yoshi/Wario and rep his own game series; so one-game-wonders aren't exactly out of the question. Still, he hasn't picked any yet, so he might not start now.

It seems kinda odd that Midna is given such a low chance rating despite having the same things going for her, like popularity and being an Assist Trophy, that people use to justify characters in a similar situation getting a much higher chance rating. Zelda is the bigger series, however, I see other one-game-wonders given a better shot. Not trying to drag any characters in this, I just find it interesting and am curious as to why the difference.

Want: 65%
With or without Wolf Link (or some form of equivalent), she has plenty of abilities to set her apart. Plus, Zelda, despite its popularity and importance to Nintendo, is starting to fall behind smaller series now.

Quetzal77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
yomugo
3DS FC
1349-4940-0147
There's a lot of posts talking about one-off Zelda characters. I actually agreed with the sentiment that these kinds of characters should be low priority up until recently, but now, I think especially after Hyrule Warriors, I've changed my mind.

Zelda is basically the same as FE and Pokemon in that each new game has a new cast, with the exception being the Triforce wielders and a few others that may or may not appear. Why shouldn't the biggest one-off characters get their shot then? Honestly, characters like the sages from OoT, the Skull Kid, Tetra, Midna, or the BotW champions are memorable, popular, and would bring exciting moveset potential. They are just as much Nintendo All-Stars as the rest of the roster imo. Zelda has so far been one of the series shafted in Smash, with no original characters being added since Zelda and Sheik in Melee.

Personally, I would love to see at least 2 Zelda newcomers for this game with possibly a third as DLC. There's so much untapped potential and so many characters that deserve a spot.

Just some food for thought I felt was important to share. If not for Midna specifically then for the upcoming Zelda newcomer vote.

Kitty-chan

Happy Pyromaniac Neko
3DS FC
1203-9800-8781
Midna

Chance: 25%
I think it's likely Sakurai will add in a nyu Zelda nyucomer nya, and with Midnya being as popular as she is nya, she is fairly possible nya!

Want: 75%
She's fine nya, I'd rather see Skullkid or even Impa nyaaa... but at this point I'd be pretty happy with literally any Zelda nyucomers, even Tingle nya. :nifty:

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Midna - 10%
Unfortunately, history hasn't been kind to non-Triforce wielders in Smash. On the other hand, there have been no notable comments made about Zelda characters by Sakurai one way or another, and even if there were, his previous feelings can and have been altered. Out of all of the one-and-done Zelda characters people have clamored for, she is arguably the least one-and-done and almost certainly the most popular. That said, she has fierce competition from Impa, from Ganon, from a second Toon character, from a BotW Champion, and worst of all - from no Zelda newcomer yet again.

Want - 75%
I really like Midna and Twilight Princess, and after experiencing her directly in Hyrule Warriors, I am really intrigued by the darkness and wolf-based attacks she can offer. Honestly, I would love to see not just one, but two Zelda newcomers.

predict Layton - 13%

nominations - Balloon Fighter x5

MrElectroG64

Smash Journeyman
This is my first time doing this, so here we go:

Midna

I just don't see her happening. Her time has passed, and her assist trophy is sufficient enough in my mind. There likely won't be another Zelda rep this time, but if there were to be one, it would probably just be skull kid due to popularity

Want: 10%
I don't really care for her, but she might be cool.

Nominating: Marx x5

Tew

Smash Apprentice
Midna Chance:
10%
Sadly I think her time is over. Until now we have only TloZ characters who appear in multiple games. Furthermore there are many other possible Tloz Characters, such as Impa and Tingle (who appear in multiple games) and other single game fan favourites like Ghirahim, Skull Kid and the 4 Champions. Personally I think we will see 1 new Tloz Character, this could be BotW Link but I am not too sure about that. I doubt we will see a Champion, simply because they won´t include all 4 and neither pick 1 out of the 4. It would make more sense to include them in BotW Link´s Moveset and/or final smash. I think the biggest chance has Impa followed by Tingle.
Though there is a bit going for her. She is an assist trophy (but so are Skull Kid and Tingle), she is a fan favourite and probably got a lot of votes in the smash ballot (but so are Ghirahim and Skull Kid) and she would have a very unqieu moveset, especially with wolf Link (who kinda appeared in BotW). And she appeared in Hyrule Warriors, but pretty much all important and semi important TloZ Characters are playable in that game. Lana would make more sense as a Hyrule Warriors representation.

Midna Want:
100%
Definitely one of my 10 most wanted characters. I like her character, her design and potential moveset with wolf Link, I loved Twilight Princess (up there with BotW and Windwaker).

Prof. Layton Predict:
13,63%

Nominations:
5x Fjorm

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Midna Chance: 5%

No Zelda newcomer we've gotten so far has been mostly a one-shot, aside from counterparts of existing characters like Sheik for Zelda. Even if that ground is finally broken in the next game, odds are it will more than likely be done by a Breath of the Wild newcomer. Midna missed her chance back in Brawl's days.

Want: 35%

Don't get me wrong, I actually really love Midna and her character. But as far as Smash goes, there are other options I'd much prefer, namely Impa or Tetra. Still wouldn't mind her too much if she got in, however.

Last edited:

a smart guy

Smash Journeyman
Midna
Chance: 10% Her lack of relevancy hurts her, but she is well-liked otherwise. Her Amiibo came out before the other Zelda amiibo, which might bolster her chances from other one-off characters.

Want: 70% My favorite companion from Zelda, and a fully-realized character. Yes, she is a one-shot character, but would she be any wierder than seeing Sheik in the line-up?

Predictions: Layton 18%

Nominations: Qbby x5

We already have Shovel Knight on the schedule, so you can nominate someone else.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Updated noms list as of the previous post from this one TCT~Phantom TCT~Phantom

MasterOfKnees MasterOfKnees and Aetheri Aetheri and KingofPhantoms KingofPhantoms all of your nominations are already on the schedule, feel free to post more today.

Anna (Fire Emblem) x 190
Veteran: Shulk x 185
Marx (Kirby) x 175

Dr. Eggman x 172
Doomguy x 169
Phoenix Wright x 160
Jibanyan x158
Skull Kid x153
Veteran: Lucina x 150
Concept: No Cuts x 141
Bomberman x 141
Geno x 139
Lana (Hyrule Warriors) x133
Micaiah x 132
Veteran: Lucas x 125
Banjo & Kazooie x 121
Dark Matter Blade (Kirby) x118
Concept: veteran character artworks recycled from Smash 3DS/Wii U x118
Sora x 113
Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) x110
Sans (Undertale) x105
Agumon x100
Veteran: Mewtwo x100
Tethu (Ever Oasis) x100
Blue Bowser x100
Concept: New story mode x100
Henry Fleming (Code Name: S.T.E.A.M.) x94
Elma x93
Snip & Clip (Snipperclips) x92
Hades x92
Impa x 90
Travis Touchdown x 87
Black Shadow x84
Funky Kong x82
Tsubasa Oribe (Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE) x80
Ashley (WarioWare) x77
Qbby (BoxBoy!) x75
Concept: Decloned Dark Pit x74
Excitebiker x74
2B (Nier: Automata) x 73
Urban Champion x73
Pyra/Mythra (without Rex) x72
Kamek x70
Mike Jones (StarTropics) x68
Music: Final Destination (Ver. 2) x65
Lycanroc x60
Ganon (not Ganondorf) x57
Labo Related Character x 56
Concept: Ken Masters alt Costume for Ryu x55
Ryu Hayabusa x50
Octoling (Splatoon) x50
Veteram: Roy x48
Concept: Skyrim representation x45
Azura (Fire Emblem) x 45
Concept: Decloned Ganondorf x39
Lloyd Irving (Tales) x39
Masked Link x38
Neku Sakuraba (The World Ends with You) x 36
Dark Samus x 35
Concept: Mother Newcomer x35
Simon Belmont x35
Concept: Octopath Traveller Character x35
Klonoa x35
Concept: Fire Emblem Spear User x35
Parabo and Satebo x34
Mipha x32
Isabelle x31
Fawful x26
Hector (Fire Emblem) x 26
Medusa x 26
Returning game mode: Smash Run x25
Takumi (Fire Emblem) x25
Susie (Kirby) x25
Sophitia (Soulcalibur) x25
Concept: Indie Character x 22
Concept: Style Savvy Character x 22
Doshin the Giant x22
Scizor x 21
Veteran: Palutena x 21
Veteran: Greninja x21
Arcade Bunny x 20
Concept: Historical Nintendo character (Similar to Game and Watch or R.O.B.) x20
Linkle x20
Lip (Panel de Pon) x19
Thwomp (Mario Bros.) x19
Balloon Fighter x19
Spyro x18
Poipole (Pokemon) x17
Veteran: Bayonetta x17
Katrielle Layton x17
Cranky Kong x17
Wonder Red (The Wonderful 101) x16
Zeraora (Pokemon) x16
Concept: Wars Character x16
Fjorm (Fire Emblem) x16
Tiki (Fire Emblem) x15
Dragonite x15
Veteran: Robin x 14
9-Volt (WarioWare) x14
Nia and Dromarch x14
Petey Piranha x13
Concept: Custom Moves Return x12
Mallo (Pushmo) x 12
Concept: Sonic Mania Stage x12
Concept: Capcom Character x12
Starfy x12
Tingle x11
Sylux x11
Veteran: Cloud x11
Prince Fluff (Kirby) x10
Viridi x10
Concept: F-Zero Newcomer x9
Mimikyu x 9
Veteran: Pac-Man x9
Toad x9
Scorpion (Mortal Kombat) x9
Veronica (Fire Emblem) x9
Concept: Canon Bowser/DK/Diddy voice clips x8
Ray (Custom Robo) x7
Veteran: Sonic x 7
Incineroar x7
Tails x 7
Gooey (Kirby) x7
Zangoose x6
Black Mage (Final Fantasy) x6
Dragonborn x6
Callie and Marie (Splatoon) x5
Concept: Decloned Lucina x5
Galacta Knight (Kirby) x5
Morag and Brighid x5
Master Chief x 5
Steve (Minecraft) x5
Ninten (Mother) x 5
Concept: Mega Man 11 stage x5
Concept: Return of transformation characters x5
Slippy Toad x5
Concept - Melee/Brawl style Classic mode x5
Ayane x5
Alm (Fire Emblem) x 5
Concept: Metroid: Samus Returns Stage x5
Asuka x5
Abraham Lincoln (Codename STEAM) x5
Masked Man (Mother 3) x5
Ayumi Tachibana x5
Itsuki Aoi x5
Concept: Shin Megami Tensei Protagonist x5
Monita (NintendoLand) x5
Cross/Rook/Avatar (Xenoblade Chronicles X) x5
Toon Link x5
Yooka & Laylee x5
Samurai Goroh x5
Caeda x5
Concept: Charizard Remerged with Pokemon Trainer+complete movesets x5
Django (Boktai) x5
Snorlax x5
King Hippo x5
Hyness (Kirby Star Allies) x4
Rick the Hamster x4
Shadow the Hedgehog x4
Ghirahim x4
Mii Fighters x 4
KOS-MOS x4
Mach Rider x4
Geese Howard (Fatal Fury/ King of Fighters) x3
Mario RPG representation (Including Paper Mario and M&L) x3
Poochy (Yoshi series) x3
Corrin x 3
Porky Minch x3
Wii Fit Trainer x3
Specter Knight x3
Solaire (Dark Souls) x3
Tom Nook x3
Tetra x2
King Boo x2
Vaati x2
Nightmare (SoulCalibur) x2
Joker (Persona 5) x2
Concept: The Sims character x2
Toon Zelda x2
Toadette x2
Jack Frost (Shin Megami Tensei) x2
Endou Mamoru x2
Concept: Snipperclips representation x2
Tora and Poppi x2
Jeanne (Bayonetta) x2
Lara Croft x2
Garon x1
Rosalina & Luma x1
Bowser Jr. x1
Knuckles the Echidna x1
Dark Pit x1
New Mii Fighter types (concept) x 1
Harry (Teleroboxer) x 1
Sheik x1
Undertale Representation x1
Revali x1
Daruk x1
Urbosa x1
Jack (Harvest Moon) x1
Sol Badguy x1
Kyo Kusanagi x1
Leo (FE Fates) x1
Ryoma (FE Fates) x1
Falco x1
Vivian (Paper Mario) x1
Mallow (SMRPG) x1
Concept: Playable Master/Crazy Hand x1
Blastoise x1
Alph x1
Marshal (Rhythm Heaven) x1
Tapu Koko x1
Bubbles (Clu Clu Land) x1
Hyper Light Drifter x1
Dark Falz x1
Silvally x1
Sable Prince x1
Hat Kid (A Hat in Time) x1
Sukapon x1
Slime (Dragon Quest) x1
Gengar x1
Captain Syrup x1
Concept: Tetris Stage or Assist Trophy x1
Concept: Ms.Pac Man alt costume for Pac Man x1

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Updated noms list as of the previous post from this one TCT~Phantom TCT~Phantom

MasterOfKnees MasterOfKnees and Aetheri Aetheri and KingofPhantoms KingofPhantoms all of your nominations are already on the schedule, feel free to post more today.

Anna (Fire Emblem) x 190
Veteran: Shulk x 185
Marx (Kirby) x 175

Dr. Eggman x 172
Doomguy x 169
Phoenix Wright x 160
Jibanyan x158
Skull Kid x153
Veteran: Lucina x 150
Concept: No Cuts x 141
Bomberman x 141
Geno x 139
Lana (Hyrule Warriors) x133
Micaiah x 132
Veteran: Lucas x 125
Banjo & Kazooie x 121
Dark Matter Blade (Kirby) x118
Concept: veteran character artworks recycled from Smash 3DS/Wii U x118
Sora x 113
Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) x110
Sans (Undertale) x105
Agumon x100
Veteran: Mewtwo x100
Tethu (Ever Oasis) x100
Blue Bowser x100
Concept: New story mode x100
Henry Fleming (Code Name: S.T.E.A.M.) x94
Elma x93
Snip & Clip (Snipperclips) x92
Hades x92
Impa x 90
Travis Touchdown x 87
Black Shadow x84
Funky Kong x82
Tsubasa Oribe (Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE) x80
Ashley (WarioWare) x77
Qbby (BoxBoy!) x75
Concept: Decloned Dark Pit x74
Excitebiker x74
2B (Nier: Automata) x 73
Urban Champion x73
Pyra/Mythra (without Rex) x72
Kamek x70
Mike Jones (StarTropics) x68
Music: Final Destination (Ver. 2) x65
Lycanroc x60
Ganon (not Ganondorf) x57
Labo Related Character x 56
Concept: Ken Masters alt Costume for Ryu x55
Ryu Hayabusa x50
Octoling (Splatoon) x50
Veteram: Roy x48
Concept: Skyrim representation x45
Azura (Fire Emblem) x 45
Concept: Decloned Ganondorf x39
Lloyd Irving (Tales) x39
Masked Link x38
Neku Sakuraba (The World Ends with You) x 36
Dark Samus x 35
Concept: Mother Newcomer x35
Simon Belmont x35
Concept: Octopath Traveller Character x35
Klonoa x35
Concept: Fire Emblem Spear User x35
Parabo and Satebo x34
Mipha x32
Isabelle x31
Fawful x26
Hector (Fire Emblem) x 26
Medusa x 26
Returning game mode: Smash Run x25
Takumi (Fire Emblem) x25
Susie (Kirby) x25
Sophitia (Soulcalibur) x25
Concept: Indie Character x 22
Concept: Style Savvy Character x 22
Doshin the Giant x22
Scizor x 21
Veteran: Palutena x 21
Veteran: Greninja x21
Arcade Bunny x 20
Concept: Historical Nintendo character (Similar to Game and Watch or R.O.B.) x20
Linkle x20
Lip (Panel de Pon) x19
Thwomp (Mario Bros.) x19
Balloon Fighter x19
Spyro x18
Poipole (Pokemon) x17
Veteran: Bayonetta x17
Katrielle Layton x17
Cranky Kong x17
Wonder Red (The Wonderful 101) x16
Zeraora (Pokemon) x16
Concept: Wars Character x16
Fjorm (Fire Emblem) x16
Tiki (Fire Emblem) x15
Dragonite x15
Veteran: Robin x 14
9-Volt (WarioWare) x14
Nia and Dromarch x14
Petey Piranha x13
Concept: Custom Moves Return x12
Mallo (Pushmo) x 12
Concept: Sonic Mania Stage x12
Concept: Capcom Character x12
Starfy x12
Tingle x11
Sylux x11
Veteran: Cloud x11
Prince Fluff (Kirby) x10
Viridi x10
Concept: F-Zero Newcomer x9
Mimikyu x 9
Veteran: Pac-Man x9
Toad x9
Scorpion (Mortal Kombat) x9
Veronica (Fire Emblem) x9
Concept: Canon Bowser/DK/Diddy voice clips x8
Ray (Custom Robo) x7
Veteran: Sonic x 7
Incineroar x7
Tails x 7
Gooey (Kirby) x7
Zangoose x6
Black Mage (Final Fantasy) x6
Dragonborn x6
Callie and Marie (Splatoon) x5
Concept: Decloned Lucina x5
Galacta Knight (Kirby) x5
Morag and Brighid x5
Master Chief x 5
Steve (Minecraft) x5
Ninten (Mother) x 5
Concept: Mega Man 11 stage x5
Concept: Return of transformation characters x5
Slippy Toad x5
Concept - Melee/Brawl style Classic mode x5
Ayane x5
Alm (Fire Emblem) x 5
Concept: Metroid: Samus Returns Stage x5
Asuka x5
Abraham Lincoln (Codename STEAM) x5
Masked Man (Mother 3) x5
Ayumi Tachibana x5
Itsuki Aoi x5
Concept: Shin Megami Tensei Protagonist x5
Monita (NintendoLand) x5
Cross/Rook/Avatar (Xenoblade Chronicles X) x5
Toon Link x5
Yooka & Laylee x5
Samurai Goroh x5
Caeda x5
Concept: Charizard Remerged with Pokemon Trainer+complete movesets x5
Django (Boktai) x5
Snorlax x5
King Hippo x5
Hyness (Kirby Star Allies) x4
Rick the Hamster x4
Shadow the Hedgehog x4
Ghirahim x4
Mii Fighters x 4
KOS-MOS x4
Mach Rider x4
Geese Howard (Fatal Fury/ King of Fighters) x3
Mario RPG representation (Including Paper Mario and M&L) x3
Poochy (Yoshi series) x3
Corrin x 3
Porky Minch x3
Wii Fit Trainer x3
Specter Knight x3
Solaire (Dark Souls) x3
Tom Nook x3
Tetra x2
King Boo x2
Vaati x2
Nightmare (SoulCalibur) x2
Joker (Persona 5) x2
Concept: The Sims character x2
Toon Zelda x2
Toadette x2
Jack Frost (Shin Megami Tensei) x2
Endou Mamoru x2
Concept: Snipperclips representation x2
Tora and Poppi x2
Jeanne (Bayonetta) x2
Lara Croft x2
Garon x1
Rosalina & Luma x1
Bowser Jr. x1
Knuckles the Echidna x1
Dark Pit x1
New Mii Fighter types (concept) x 1
Harry (Teleroboxer) x 1
Sheik x1
Undertale Representation x1
Revali x1
Daruk x1
Urbosa x1
Jack (Harvest Moon) x1
Sol Badguy x1
Kyo Kusanagi x1
Leo (FE Fates) x1
Ryoma (FE Fates) x1
Falco x1
Vivian (Paper Mario) x1
Mallow (SMRPG) x1
Concept: Playable Master/Crazy Hand x1
Blastoise x1
Alph x1
Marshal (Rhythm Heaven) x1
Tapu Koko x1
Bubbles (Clu Clu Land) x1
Hyper Light Drifter x1
Dark Falz x1
Silvally x1
Sable Prince x1
Hat Kid (A Hat in Time) x1
Sukapon x1
Slime (Dragon Quest) x1
Gengar x1
Captain Syrup x1
Concept: Tetris Stage or Assist Trophy x1
Concept: Ms.Pac Man alt costume for Pac Man x1
Oh...well in that case

Dark Samus x5

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
This'll be a quick one.

Midna

Midna is quite popular for a Zelda character, was a major character in Twilight Princess, and was even among the playable characters in Hyrule Warriors. Her main issue is similar to what most other Zelda candidates suffer from: being one-timers who usually lose relevancy with the next major Zelda game.

Want: 50%

She is a cool character, and can have some pretty neat moveset potential with her magic and ability to summon shadow wolves. Aside from that, I'm mainly indifferent to her when it comes to Smash, not to mention I've got other Zelda characters I'd rather see.

------

Predictions

Professor Layton (Professor Layton): 17.88%

Tomorrow will be interesting. Despite not being the most iconic third party out there, Professor Layton was a major part to Level 5's history, and he even has a decent following when it comes to Smash for some time. Relevancy isn't an issue anymore etiher because of the Katrielle Layton series. His main issues will be being third party and competition with Jibanyan. I also think Layton has an edge over Katrielle. I'll elaborate more on all that when Layton's day begins (gotta finish up my major write-up on him first).

------

Nominations

Greninja (Pokemon): x5

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Last edited:

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Midna
Midna stands as one of the most popular one-off Zelda characters, and definetly the most well-liked of Link’s helpers/sidekicks.That said, I agree with everyone else in that her time has come and gone. With Link finally ditching his Twilight Princess atire, and Zelda almost assuredly following suit, Midna doesn’t have a ton of ground to stand on... and of course, she’s already an Assist Trophy, further bogging down her chances. I do believe we’ll be getting a new Zelda character this time around, but I doubt it’s the Twilight Princess.

Want: 70%
I like Midna a lot, and I think that a moveset utilizing Wolf Link could be really cool, but I wouldn’t be torn apart if she didn’t make it. Also, there are a few other Zelda choices I would personally rather see (Skull Kid, Tingle, BOTW Champions).

Predictions:
Layton: 20.5%

Noms:
Henry Fleming x5

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Midna suffers from being a one-off like a bunch of other Zelda characters that are main characters of their respective game. It's hard to find someone from the Zelda franchise that isn't a variant of the Triforce bearers. Sheik is technically a one-off but being a variant Princess Zelda, and the whole transformation gimmick in Melee and Brawl, Sheik was able to get pass that hurdle.

Want: 5%
I'm more interested in seeing the Champions, but I doubt even they'll return again in a future Zelda title. The most we'll likely see in Smash is their abilities (Revali's Gale, Daruk's Protection, and Urbosa's Fury) being made into moves for Link or Zelda. You can't really do much with Mipha's Grace as a move. It's basically a healing item.

Nominations
Callie and Marie x5

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Chance: 20%

Want: 80%

As popular as she is, she's lower priority compared to other Zelda characters mainly because she's another one appearance only character(excluding Hyrule Warriors).

Layton Prediction: 29.88%

Nomination

Stage: New Donk City x2
Lloyd Irving x3

AvionFinch

Smash Cadet
Midna

Chance: 11%

Her time of relevance is gone, she might get a bit of a boost from Warriors, but spin offs tend to be a bit ignored when it comes to smash, especially spin offs made by other companies (probably why we still haven't really gotten any Pokemon Mystery Dungeon content, unfortunately). And if we get any newcomers, it WILL be from BotW, the game's just too much of a big deal.

Want: 30%

I mean, I don't hate her, there's just other Zelda reps I'd rather have, specifically Impa and Urbosa.

Prediction for Layton: 27%

Nominate: Elma x 5

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Midna
Chance: 18%
Okay so Midna has actually got a few things going for her. She's got massive popularity and a model in game already due to the Assist Trophy. Of all the one off Zelda cast she's had far more lasting popularity than most, outshining Fi, Groose, Zant, Ghirahim, etc. Hell, until Hyrule Warriors came along I'd go as far as to say she was THE MOST popular secondary character outside the Triforce trio.

Talking of; Hyrule Warriors was a pretty big success which of course gave her her first playable role and was ported from Wii U onto both the 3DS and the Switch. Twilight Princess HD was a thing too on the Wii U so it's not like she's not put the appearances in.

Unfortunately for Midna her prime time to get in was the past two Smash games where Link and Zelda were their Twilight Princess incarnations, and now with Breath of The Wild being the hot new thing and Link notably sporting his BoTW looks, it seems Sakurai has moved on(although Ganondorf may stay Twilight Princess looks wise).

Again; Hyrule Warriors is a bit of an odd one in it's a blessing and a curse; Midna got to show off TWO vastly different skillsets in that game, was playable AND was arguably important to the plot at points...but at the same time the game also pushed forwards Impa, Lana, Linkle(in the 3DS and Switch remakes anyway) and even Tingle all of whom showed as varied movesets as she did with the former two being the two most active allies outside Link and Zelda themselves.

It's hard to tell at times if remakes matter or not. They've been largely ignored in terms of playable characters, but have been the inspiration for a few stages here and there as well as items and Assist Trophies.

I still believe Midna has the best shot of any ONE OFF Zelda newcomer(aside from MAYBE Skull Kid), in thanks to her undying popularity with the fanbase, but the Zelda cast haven't been shaken up much outside Young Link becoming Toon Link since Melee.

Want: 33%
Ok, I WANT a Zelda newcomer desperately(hence why I'm always voting for it in this very thread) and Midna is definitely the best part of Twilight Princess...it's just Twilight Princess is my most hated Zelda game to date. Maybe it's because I adored the graphical stylings Wind Waker, but the grim dark 'realistic' look of Twilight Princess didn't do it for me or maybe it's because everyone bar Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Midna and like...Agitha and Ila look hideously designed...

I'm not asking for bishies because frankly I love bizarre designs, but none of these look like they belong to the same world and the human-esque species look less human than Link by a wide margin in that game. I mean one of them looks like they're directly out of Adventure Time whilst the other almost looks like a flamboyant potbellied elven Usopp from One Piece.

That's beside the point though, I definitely got bored in Twilight Princess faster than I ever did in Wind Waker, Ocarina, Majora's Mask or even the Oracles games and I even skipped over Skyward Sword after I felt so let down by TP so I'll take as little reminders of that...heh...dark period Zelda had for me as possible.

Midna is still cool but she's still behind Impa, Vaati and even Tingle for me when it comes to a Zelda newcomer.

What? Tingle is fun as heck in HW! I don't even know why America hates him so much, he's a cosplaying explosions expert. KOO LIM PAH!

Layton Prediction: 26%

Nominations:

Okay since Zelda Newcomer is pretty up there now, maybe I'll try...
Isabelle X 5

She seems like she's got a good chance just based on how hard she's been pushed by Nintendo between Sm4sh being announced and now...

Top Bottom