• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Dillon

Chance: 22%

He's an Assist Trophy and we are unsure of if eShop characters are qualified as fighters. But he's got a bigger franchise going for him and a moveset that speaks for himself. Still not enough to make him super likely.

Want: 75

I need to play one of his games one day, he would be cool.

Prediction for Midna: 14%

Nominations: Tsubasa Oribe x5

AEMehr

Mii Fighter

Dillon's chance at Smash?
I was very skeptical we'd see anything of Dillon in Super Smash Bros. for 3DS / Wii U, and was super pleasantly surprised to see him appear as an Assist Trophy. If you'd recall, Sakurai highlighted him with two posts for one pic of the day.

At this point, Dillon had two pretty under the radar games under his belt and a puzzle panel in the 3DS' Streetpass Mii Plaza. His franchise received his Assist Trophy / collectible Trophy, it's main theme which is playable on Pilotwings, and an additional collectible Trophy on the 3DS version of fellow rangers from his second game. Going pretty above and beyond for the character to be an Assist, I think we can assume he may have been an option for 3DS and Wii U's roster. Obviously pushed aside for other choices, but Sakurai might have saw some potential in there.

Today, he actually has a new title coming up, which has been announced for awhile in Japan now. It's even seeing a physical release in regions outside of the United States, which is definitely big for this previously eShop exclusive hero. Granted, this title will be released for more than a couple months before the new Smash Brothers releases. So it's not fair to say that his new title will be getting much advertising help in it's launch if he does join the roster.

At this point, it's important to consider if people would be interested in playing as him, and I 100% believe that this character has a lot of interesting design possibilities that would garner a lot of interest.

Objectively, all I can say is that the time is ripe for this ranger to appear. He's got a pretty good shot, even if it's a long one.
I'll go with a 45% chance. It's kind of a toss-up, because he's not really someone the players expect to appear, but that's what makes him a more interesting option if you ask me. I'd rank 50%, but I'm already kinda biased as is haha.

As for how much I want Dillon, color me a full 100%! Definitely my most wanted first-party contender.

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Dillon

Chance: 35%

This is a bit of a weird one to rate. On one hand, he's from a recent and still ongoing IP, and he was an assist in 4 so he's likely at least on the radar. On the other his series has been digital-only until the recent announcement (which may not have been known in time), which might hurt his notability, and there are other franchises possibly vying for a slot. I'm ultimately leaning towards him returning as an assist trophy, but I wouldn't be stunned if he made the jump to playable.

Want: 80%

I haven't played his series yet but I've been interested in it, and he definitely seems like he could be a cool fighter. I've also said in the past that new IPs getting included is generally fine with me, and it'd also be neat to have someone from the e-shop. Plus like others have said, his design is pretty great.

Midna prediction: 14.59%

Nominations: Jibanyan x5

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Western Animal Guy

Chance: 20%

His series really isn't all that noteworthy and is relatively small.

Want: 15%

I'm not really interested in seeing him. Not to mention there's tons of Nintendo series that need to get in before him.

Prediction: Midna

Chance: 12%
Want: 35%

Nominations

Mike Jones X 3
Masked Link X 2

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Ok so heres a brief update. Lyn's score is done, Celilca and Alm's will be on around 2.
I hate you. :mad:

Unless this was a rib and I fell for it lol.

I actually did the calcs for Andy's Want score and I believe his rating is 50.3% which puts him in the Top 10 Wanted Characters. :)

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Dillon Chance - 10%: His franchise is recent but is pretty obscure. He'll be very lucky if he gets in.

Dillon Want - 5%: He's got an alright character design but his games don't look all that great. We have enough advertisements without him.

Predict Midna want 40% chance 7.5%

Nominate Blue Bowser x5

Last edited:

ThatShadowLink

Smash Ace
NNID
ThatShadowLink
Dillon:

Chance - 10%
I'm not too optimistic about The Red Flash's chances. Dillon bumping up from eShop to retail game with his next release (oddly not in America though...) does boost his chances up, but probably not until next Smash. If we knew the sales statistics for the last few games, maybe I'd be a bit more optimistic if they were good. All I can speculate now is that Vanpool seems to be getting more funding, so the games are doing well.

Want - 100%
Whoa boy, I love this guy and his games. Dillon is my favorite modern Nintendo character, and the Dillon's Rolling Western IP is my favorite modern Nintendo IP. Dillon would offer a fun playstyle (that would not be like Sonic) and he'd be an extremely good addition to the cast with his fantastic design and fantastic pedigree.

I was happy to see Dillon get extraordinary recognition for such a new character in the last game, and I'll be happy even if he remains an Assist Trophy. A few more songs and trophies from his franchise would be much appreciated though.

Nomination: Impa x 5

Basty

Smash Ace
Dillon

Chance: 40%
Could be the surprise pick this game. It's had 3 games and represents the 3DS eShop and could be the first eShop only character. I'm not too optimistic, but I think Sakurai likes him based off the Miiverse posts

Want: 70%
I love the guys design, and the idea of a tower defense character's cool, but I won't be sad if he's left out.

Midna: 30%

Dragonborn x3
Gooey x2

FrozenRoy

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-1325-2408-7513
Chances: 65%

It is hard for me to put Dillon super high, as he hasn't had a ton of acknowledgement from Nintendo, but Dillon seems like a prime choice to get in. He's getting a new sequel, his entire game series is exclusively Nintendo and seems to be working out well, he has an Assist Trophy for fairly strong Sakurai acknowledgement, his moveset potential seems there and decently obvious. Sakurai seems to like him. He's a solid potential choice for someone to represent new Nintendo franchises. The Rolling Western devs seem pretty close to Nintendo and making wacky smaller games and having an Assist Trophy doesn't make him very obscure. I actually think he has a good chance. Certainly more people know him than the Ice Climbers off the top of their head pre-Melee.

Want: 94%

I have yet to really play Dillon's games, but they seem rather fun. I'm a big fan of his character design and it is, amusingly, pretty close to a design one of my friend's had for an OC. His moveset potential seems fun and I feel it could do more than just Sonic: I am hoping to make a moveset for him relatively soon, actually. He represents one of the kind of Nintendo new franchise kind of things I would enjoy them putting out. All in all, Dillon is one of my more wanted Smash 4 newcomers with any realistic chance.

Predictions

Midna: 16%

Nominations

Travis Touchdown x5

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Dillon's Chances: 25%
If Sakurai does look at future releases then Dillon would be a very relevant character with the 3DS game that just released in Japan. He's already an assist trophy so people at least know he exists. And he's a newer yet lesser known character who would benefit from the publicity. He could easily roll in as an 'eShop' rep or something like that as well.
Want for Dillon: 30%
He's a new IP and he's not quite like anything already in. I'm fine with that sort of character getting in.

Nominations: Elma x2, Henry Fleming (Codename Steam) x2, Wonder Red (Wonderful 101) x1

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
I hate you. :mad:

Unless this was a rib and I fell for it lol.

I actually did the calcs for Andy's Want score and I believe his rating is 50.3% which puts him in the Top 10 Wanted Characters. :)
Andy was already in the top then though.

Now for Dillon

10% Chance

Ehhhh... I mean he is still doing things... But idk maybe if he had a switch game I would be more inclined but rn he just seems like not a priority. I honestly do not know what else to say about him.

20% Want

I do not care for his games, but his design at least is ok.

Nominating No Cuts x 5

DAY OVER, CALCS COMING SOON

Kitty-chan

Happy Pyromaniac Neko
3DS FC
1203-9800-8781
Dillon

Chance: 25%
He nyappeared in smash 4 as an assist trophy and is a nyu IP for the dying 3ds system nya. I think he's gonya stay as a AT nyaaaaaaa.

I hardly nyo nyanything nyabout this character and the series he is from, or what he can do outside of Jigglypuff's role out move nyaaa~:nifty: I nyactually forgot he even existed until the direct happened nya.

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Dillon

28.22% Chance
50.34% Want

RIP Andy, you had one day in the top ten of want. Now Dillon is here to probably not stay.

Today we are rating Midna. Predict her in chance and want. Also predict Professor Layton tomorrow.

Also Opossum Opossum you were the closest have 5 extra noms.

Mario123311

Smash Ace
Midna
Chance: 28.52
Want: Abstain

I really don't care too much but I doubt she has a high chance considering the lack of new Zelda characters we got for Smash 4.. Nevermind the characters and content were mostly just reused from Brawl. But with BOTW Link being shown in the Switch trailer, we can definently hope... But I still think there are far more other characters Nintendo would consider before Minda.

Nominate Klonoa x5

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Midna
Chance: 1%
If we're getting a Zelda newcomer, it'll be from BotW.
Want: 1%
Not interested.

Predicting a 12 for Hershel.
Nominating Henry Fleming x10

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
Midna :evil:

Chance: 9%:evil:
I'm rating her with Wolf Link. Her alone I would give even less
Also, I love true form Midna

Want: 60%:evil:
with Wolf Link as a pair, that could be soo interesting
Her alone I would give less too

Prediction: Layton: 12%

Nomination: Octopath Traveller character ♥5

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Midna

Chance - 0.25% - She was popular once, but her time has passed. Unless she proves more reoccurring, I don't see it.

Want - 10% - Can I get a new Toon character before her?

Prediction

Layton - 32.45% - It's between him and that Youkai-Watch cat.

Nomiations

Anna X5

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Midna

Chance: 8%

-Well, she’s popular and many Zelda fans want her.

Want: 0.5%

-Not my cup of tea.

Prediction

Professor Layton: 11.5%

Nominations

Katrielle Layton (Professor Layton) x3
Black Shadow x2

D

Deleted member

Midna

Chance: 2%

She missed her chance in Brawl, and was later made an Assist Trophy in 4 alongside Ghirahim and Skull Kid. Hyrule Warriors and its ports are pretty much the only thing keeping her around, but that also goes for her fellow assists as well as nearly every other side character from pretty much any Zelda game that isn't BotW (which would probably take precedence if Zelda gets a newcomer) or developed by Capcom (R.I.P. Vaati). And for a side character that doesn't appear much nowadays, she doesn't seem to have Geno's inexplicable popularity, though she has a dedicated following of her own.

She'd most likely be in her Imp form accompanied by Wolf Link or the shadow wolf from HW. If that's the case, then I'd rather have Amaterasu.

Prediction: Professor Layton - 14.6%

Nomination: Shulk x5

Last edited by a moderator:

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
Midna

Chance: 35%
As far as Zelda newcomers go, she's a front runner. The question remains, though; will there be Zelda newcomers at all? I don't think so.

Want: 25%
I don't like Zelda, at all. I have no emotional connection to this character at all. The only Zelda newcomer I want is Groose, unironically the best character in the series (still pissed he wasn't in Warriors). That being said, I also have nothing against her.

Professor Layton prediction: 50%

Nominations

Funky Kong x5

Quetzal77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
yomugo
3DS FC
1349-4940-0147
Midna
Chance: 5%
Her time has passed. BotW is tough competition, with 4 champions of equal importance. She is iconic to the series at this point though so it isn't impossible for DLC.

Want: 5%
She would be unique and while I'm not a huge fan she's alright. I prefer one of the BotW champions, Impa, Tingle, or Skull Kid though.

Layton prediction: 17.76%
Nominations: Pyra/Mythra (without Rex), Impa x4

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
The Twilight Princess

Want: 90%

Ah, the Zelda series...nothing much has changes since Melee in terms of representation, but the next logical character is...?

I guess I'll hold off on that diatribe until the Concept: Zelda Newcomer day happens.

In any case, Midna does seem one of the front runners. Unfortunately, that's a wide open field, with loads of one-game-wonders. I loved Twilight Princess, and she was one of my favorite characters, so I'd have loved her in Smash since Brawl, but realistically she's only got the one game (and the remake, and a spin-off) under her belt, so it's not looking good. That spin-off did give her a great moveset, but again the field is too wide, and she's one of the less relevant characters due to her age (can you believe that game came out 12 years ago?)

She's definitely one of my top wanted, but even BotW allowed someone to sneak in ahead of her in want. Still, number two out of all possible Zelda characters is pretty good. But I doubt she'll get more than the assist she already has, so I hope she can at least keep it.

Prediction for the Professor: 22.3%
Nom: Mewtwo x5

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
Midna

Chance - 1%

Her chances already struggle, simply due to the fact that she isn't a form of Link, Zelda, or Ganon. But to make matters worse, her time has long passed her. I'd say that she could've had a solid shot during the pre-Smash 4 speculation era, due to how the Zelda characters still had their Twilight Princess designs.

However, now that we know that at the very least Link will be using a Breath of the Wild design, her chances are essentially dead. It would be extremely weird to add a Twilight Princess-only character to Smash, during a period where the Zelda characters are going through a Breath of the Wild phase.

I'd give her a 0%, but I feel like she still has a popularity that a lot of Zelda characters don't really have, so she's certainly a tier above characters like Ravio and Medli.

Want - 0%

If we're getting a new Zelda character, I would really just prefer if it were a BotW character, or a character who has more appearances within the Zelda franchise (Impa and Beast Ganon are two picks that quickly come to mind).

Nominations:
Mewtwo x5

Roberk

Smash Champion
Chance- 5%
I guess she's a Zelda rep, but the champions, reworked Link and even Zelda/Ganondorf, and many others take so much more priority. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Twilight Princess one of the less performing games of the franchise commercially/critically? She has no relevance or impactful value. The only reasons for her being in would be a Zelda rep/assist trophy promotion a la Pit and Little Mac.

Want- 0%
Honestly, her design looks weird, I always thought she looked naked back when I played Brawl. It's not even about showing skin or ratings, she just isn't that appealing on a design level or relevance level. Gameplay could maybe be cool, but I wouldn't care at that point.

Layton Prediction- 15%
Just being realistic. It would be awesome though.

Nominations- Anna x5

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Midna
Chances - 5%

She has popularity and technically isn't totally irrelevant thanks to Twilight Princess HD. Heck, maybe if the Zelda mainstays aren't using their TP designs any more Midna can fill the void for that era.
Want - 5%
She'd be the best 'assistant' character, if that was a niche Sakurai decided needed to exist in Smash. If she fights with Wolf Link then she'd be a unique 'mounted' character too although then she'd also be a third Link. Eh.

Nominations: Elma x3, Ashley (WarioWare) x2

D

Deleted member

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Twilight Princess one of the less performing games of the franchise commercially/critically?
Nah, it's one of the highest selling and most critically acclaimed games in the entire series.

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Midna

Her Assist Trophy could mean she might've been considered. But I honestly don't see any one-game Zelda characters getting in. (Hyrule warriors doesn't really count)

Only played the first two hous of Twilight Princess.

Predictions:
Layton 16.89%

Nominations:
Hades x5

andimidna

Smash Master
Midna (& Wolf Link/ True Form)

I promise to be organized for this one : )

[Collapse: relevance]
Is she too irrelevant? A thing of the past?

I wouldn’t say that exactly.
1. BotW, the fresh new game of the series, seems to have a handful of characters with split support, and no 1 clear candidate. It seems like it’d be best represented from moveset changes, model redesigns (maybe with the old ones as alts), a stage, music, and items. If a single character doesn’t stand out, I don’t see why one would be picked for Smash. I don’t think any of them have reached the popularity of Midna, Skull Kid, or Ghirahim, or the importance of Impa. They’re just new. Which doesn’t mean they need to be the pick for a fighter. Just like we can’t say for sure a new Mario character would have to be from Oddessey, which seems much more accepted than this concept for some reason.
2. With the success of spin off titles, it’s more applicable than ever to look at the series as a whole for impactful characters. Hyrule Warriors has 3 games now, technically, and over a million sales I believe? Also, within that series, not only was she on the initial roster as her imo form, but now takes up 2 characters, alongside her true form.
3. TP is the best selling initial release of a Zelda game, 2nd most after factoring remakes.
http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/The_Legend_of_Zelda
I don’t know how reputable this is, but I can’t imagine it being too far off other than numbers for newer games like HW since it might not be up to date.
4. Consider the TPHD remake (released 3/4/16) not being too far from the last major ssb4 update (1.1.4 on 2/3, 1.1.5 on 3/15, 1.1.6 on 5/20) could help. I read in one of the Smashboard front page posts there was an official date given in Feb or March of when development essentially ended. Link to that maybe be included later.
But yea, the end of real DLC development for Smash coincided with the release of TPHD. These going down around the same time in February/March could give it more importance than we might think today. Obviously, the remake didn’t sell as much as the others. Then again, it was a remake for a more recent game on a system with a low install base while the console was dying, as opposed to the 3ds remakes, or the initial TP release. However, I will note it didn’t seem to have been as full scale of a project. The graphics were better, but nothing incredibly shocking, so this all could’ve been predicted beforehand. However, as a result, she did get new promotion through an amiibo. Which had more compatibility in BotW than it needed to, literally putting Wolf Link in BotW. It’s pretty cool.
5. The Ballot. This brings credibility/relevance to any popular character. This brings up the question of how she wouldve shaped up compared to Skull Kid though, of course. That’s guesswork- I’m not gonna pretend I know one way or the other. Either way, I do think they both likely ranked high enough to be thrown back into the list of contenders.
6. Moveset before character. There is always the potential of a character getting picked to represent some sort of mechanic or style, and there’s tons of potential for interesting gimmicks here. I’ll edit in moveset options in a spoiler tag later.
7. The sidekick. She may not be a recurring character at this point in time in the main series, but she is part of a recurring group of characters, sometimes the 2nd most important character in the game, the sidekick. Midna of course being the most popular and only fitting choice of the sidekicks. If this niche was the intention, maybe there’d be fairies involved in one of her moves or taunts? Not sure.
8. Zelda rework? Saved the least important for last. If Zelda is reworked along with Link and Ganondorf to fit newer appearances/ actually represent the character, perhaps her old moveset could go to Midna’s true form if transformations are back via final smash, which could spark them to develop Imp Midna as the main character. This has so many ifs, so it can’t be factored too heavily lmao. I’m just going off the popular idea of reworking Ganondorf, but giving his old moveset to Black Shadow. If the game started as a port, those assets could be easily accessible. [/Collapse]
[Collapse: other thoughts]
So where does that put her? Ghirahim’s popularity was still relatively high then. Skull Kid has been consistently popular. Impa is always relevant. Maybe it’s my own bias, but I don’t think a non triforce Zelda character has had more impact on a single game than Midna on TP. I like the idea of Skull Kid, but to fill a moveset, it does seem to require making him do a lot of things he’s never done. This isn’t a major point, I know. There are tons of characters in like this, but I do think it’d be something worth considering to some extent when deciding the roster. He ofc uses Tatl and Tael for his main attacks in Hyrule Warriors now that he’s in. He wasn’t in the initial roster, but that has more to do with the structure of the game I think. I think it’d be cool to see him do that in Smash, I’m just not sure the dev team would go for basing him off HW so heavily. For my Midna moveset, I tried pulling from TP as much as possible, heavily prioritizing those abilities and cutscenes.
Despite the low-ish score I’ll give her, my personal roster has both Impa and Midna as newcomers. I guess it’s mostly based on chance, with a little bias from want. : )
I think Impa is a great choice. I’d be surprised if she did very well on the ballot, since she doesn’t seem to be as much the fan favorite as Midna, Skull Kid, Ghirahim, and Tetra, however, she can easily be recognized on her own merits. That isn’t to say people dislike her. I’ve never seen anyone say that. I just don’t see her requested as often. I could entirely be wrong. We have no poll results. I honestly do think he’d care slightly more about including what people want to play as rather than focusing on what’s important to the series as a whole, just as how I don’t expect Anna, but they both have a chance. And Impa a much better one since her series actually warrants a new character lol. Not that they choose based off “reps,” but maybe more-so because fans see the roster that way, and request/complain accordingly. Basically being the same thing but indirectly, or like a self-fulfilling prophecy kinda.
I don’t think there are very many bad choices for this series (other than Toon Zelda & Toon Sheik (((((and Tingle:)))))). Definitely hoping for some new blood here. The BotW characters would be cool too. Still don’t know which one they’d pick, but it’d be fine ig. [/Collapse]
Chance: 13%
Want: 100%
I don’t give 13s and 100s to just anyone ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I think she’s a legitimate contender, but obviously I have to lean against it. I’d rank every individual Zelda (or FE) character below 50 because there are so many great choices “competing for a spot” AKA they aren’t going to radically oversaturate a series so it’ll probably be 1-2 newcomers.

Layton prediction: 14%

Oof didn’t know about my extra noms until after my post yesterday. I’m guessing the post from yesterday just gets doubled? If not, I’ll make this one easy ig
x5 Azura
And this could just be doubled instead? Idk

Edit: hmmmm turns out I forgot how to do a spoiler tag
I used to know how to do this lmak

Last edited:

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Twilight Princess one of the less performing games of the franchise commercially/critically?
It's actually one of the best selling ones, with the Wii and Gamecube versions together selling a total of 8.85 million copies, and the Wii U remake selling at least 300k in the States alone, pushing it at around 9 million total copies. For comparison, Breath of the Wild has sold 6.7 million on the Switch as of December 31st, 2017, not including Wii U sales, which I think was around a million copies, if I can recall correctly.

Last edited:

slambros

Smash Ace
Midna

Chance: 1%
Her chances have become dismal after Link's model has been changed to the BotW one instead of the Twilight Princess one.

Want: 0%
I don't see the appeal.

Predictions:
Professor Layton - 8%

Nominations:
Skull Kid x5

:171:

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
Midna
Chance - 15%: As a Zelda character, she's one of the top picks for a new rep. They're not adding anyone from BOTW except Link and maybe Zelda, since they wouldn't add any of the champions by themselves and snub the others. The only other major competition Midna would have at that point would be Skull Kid as I see it. I think she's more likely than others may think.

Want - 70%: I would be excited to see her dish out punishment riding on a wolf while slinging some sass at the competition. She's got a bit of a viable move set too thanks to Hyrule Warriors, but that decision in itself is iffy since they would be relying more on spin offs to make a move set than Twilight Princess.

Professor Layton prediction: 6%

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
Midna

Chance 35%: Difficult to know for sure but for now it most likely pretty low. However, she is one of the most unique Legend of Zelda character outside of Skull Kid. Both she and Skull Kid got assist trophies so Sakurai is aware of her popularity.

Want 99%: The only reason why it isn't 100% is because she could be force to team with Wolf Link. I like Wolf Link but feel it would be wrong to force her with a partner when she can fight on her own. I'm hoping that if she does get added her Final Smash should be her True Form. She is one of my most wanted characters to be added so, please add her!

Nominations:
Jibanyan 2x
Skull Kid 3x

Basty

Smash Ace
Midna

Chance: 40%
I'm gonna be the outlier here and say Midna isn't that unlikely. She's a popular character, became an assist trophy, is in a series that could do with more reps (I'd say that Impa is most likely for Zelda newcomers), Twilight Princess likely not having much representation in smash 5 I believe helps her chances, as TP is such a big Zelda game that it's something that shouldn't be left behind. She got an amiibo, with Wolf Link she could have an interesting design and lastly I don't personally think any of the BOTW characters will get in Smash, I don't feel like any of them left as much mark compared to a Midna, a Ghirahim or a Vaati.

Want: 100%

Great design, could have a unique playstyle, one of my all time favourite Zelda characters. Pretty big want.

Professor Layton: 34%

Cranky Kong x5

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Midna (presumably with Wolf Link) want: 5% (15-10*)

Nominations:

FE spear user x5

* Indicates percentage penalty for potentially taking a slot from most wanted characters

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
Midna...

Zelda characters are mysterious topic, one I don't think I had the experience to talk about... but hey, I will give her some rates based in the things I had seen.

Chance: 15%

Seems like the most likely of the old legacy Zelda Characters, and has the advantage of appearing in a recent Wii U Remaster and in Hyrule Warriors.

Want: 55%

She is cute and cool; her moveset potential sounds fun.

_______

Nomination time!... That reminds me to a puzzle... a puzzle named...

Profesor Layton: 26.4%

Prediction time!:

Micaiah (Fire Emblem) x5

Last edited:

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Midna

Chance: 27% - Another character of yesteryear who's now missed their shot... or has she? Zelda's a really hard nut to crack this time around, as there's really no clear frontrunners for newcomers. The Champions, who are the new iteration hotness this go around are A. a set of four, all of equal importance, and we're not getting four completely unique newcomers, and B. spend the entire game dead outside of flashbacks. They really don't have the best resume, when all's said and done, so I don't really see them as feasible options. Yet there's still clamor for a Zelda newcomer, as the series hasn't had a proper one since Melee, Brawl if you count Toon Link. So who's left?

Mercifully for Midna, she's gotten a free ticket to renewed relevancy with Hyrule Warriors, but so has pretty much every other significant Zelda character. She's got more going for her than most though, getting two fully playable forms in Warriors (the only character with multiple other than Link, Zelda, and Ganon if you count playable Beast), having a direct reference in BOTW with her headgear, and sharing an AT role in Smash 4 with Ghirahim and Skull Kid. I still think Impa has a leg up on her due to longstanding importance throughout the series, but being in old lady mode in BOTW can only hurt her chances, sadly. So, all in all, I see Midna in a better-than-I-expected spot - below Impa, but above many of the other one-timers like Skull Kid and Ghirahim. Who knows, maybe we'll get Impa and her? Or, in another very possible scenario, Link gets an intense BOTW moveset makeover and counts as this game's newcomer, with Toon Link picking up the classic slack. Like I said, Zelda's usually a tough nut when it comes to Smash, and this round is no exception. I feel we're due for some shakeup though. It's mostly a matter of what that shakeup would be.

Want: 65% - I want the likes of Impa and Skull Kid much more, but Midna would be far from a terrible choice. She's certainly got the moveset potential, she'd rep my favorite game in the franchise, and her getting a dual hair-fighter trailer reveal with Dixie would be stellar. But, there's higher priorities for me, and I'd have to get a lot of long-hoped-for-characters this Smash before she gets to the top of my personal list.

Predictions

Layton: 21.31% - Ooh, tomorrow will be interesting. He's not as iconic as other third parties, sure, but his series is quite beloved, and he'd make a fine representative of Level 5's long time support of Nintendo systems. Infinitely better than that abomination Jibanyan and the other disgusting designs of the Yokai Watch series. However, this Smash may have come at the worst time for him as his limelight was JUST passed on to his daughter instead. This is a hard one to predict for sure, tomorrow will be very interesting to watch go down.

Nominations

Dark Matter Blade x 5

Last edited:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Midna chances: 5%
I don't see much of a reason why she'd be particularly likely to get promoted.

Midna want: 51%
She was pretty memorable but I don't necessarily see her as someone we really need.

Professor Layton prediction: 20.47%

Nominating:
Concept: veteran character artworks recycled from Smash 3DS/Wii U x5

Top Bottom