• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

D

Deleted member

#1 Scariest Creature in Horror games.
Chance; 0%
: If we got a Microsoft Rep, it could be Banjo or Minecraft, but we ALL know we would get Steve in Minecraft above creeper. And also the 0 moveset potential.
Want; 0%, would rather have Steve.

Wait... two best friends who are wet, who like to have fun under the surface (of water), being rated on 6/9... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Chance; 100%
: Freddi Fish is a phenomenal game series about a young detective with her comic relief best friend, Luther. As from the wide acclaimed publishers, Humongous Entertainment. We got tons of M rated characters like Bayonetta, and Bayonetta, and Snake. and Mayo Meta. So why can't we have just one fighter meant for children only. As obvious, there's tons of supporters of Freddi Fish's inclusion, and we alredy have a dog, and cat, we just need a fish to complete the holy trinity of House Pets. Being a point and Clicker with a lot of names under her belt (INCLUDING a Wii one, which 2 people forgot about), she has a lot of moveset potential. The stars are aligning people, she WILL make it in...
(dear god, what has happened in my life for all of this to happen?)
Want; 100%: I just want to see people's reaction, like c'mon, it's Freddi Fish, who the heck would expect HER out of all people.

Nominations: Johnny Silverhand (Cyberpunk 2077) x10, Dwight Fairfield x5

(please for the love of God stop doing that, it's not funny)
Now that she's on RTC, I'll stop.

Last edited by a moderator:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Spyro x125
Morrigan Aensland x120
Kyle Hyde x110
Kamek x106
Crono x105
Saber (Fate) x105
Protector (Etrian Odyssey) x105
Concept: Microsoft Rep x105

100 - 51

Aloy x100
Concept: Third-party character from unrepped Company x100
Concept: Square Enix rep x90
Boss: Kracko x89
Heavy (Team Fortress) x86
Frogger x85
Concept: Valve rep x85
Noctis Lucis Caelum x80
Glover x80
9-Volt x80
Ellie (The Last of Us) x80
Ninten x75
Rundas x75
Jin Kazama x65
Velvet Crowe x65
Cadence (Crypt of the Necrodancer) x65
Adeleine (Kirby) x64
X (Mega Man) x53
Specter Knight x52
Papyrus x51

50 - 25

Gene (God Hand) x50
Decidueye x45
[Rerate] Bandana Dee x42
Concept: DLC challenges x35
Blaze the Cat x33
Gooey (Kirby) x31
Concept: Assist Trophy becomes Fighter x30
Dwight Fairfield (Dead by Daylight) x30
Captain Rainbow x30
Terry Bogard x30
Farmer (Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons) x28
Qbby x28
Brian (Quest 64) x27
Thrall (Warcraft) x25
Cooking Mama x25
Boss: Perfect Chaos x25
Earthworm Jim x25

Under 25

[Rerate] Steve? x21
Reporter & Wrestler x20
Tora and Poppi x20
[Rerate] Micaiah x20
Concept: More Bosses x20
Concept: Spirits aren’t disconfirmations x18
Hector (Fire Emblem) x15
Pyra & Mythra (sans Rex) x15
Amaterasu x15
Concept: Dragalia Lost rep x15
King Boo x15
Sunflower (Plants vs. Zombies) x15
Black Shadow x13
Concept: Pokéball Pokémon becomes fighter x13
Concept: Another joke character x13
Gex x12
Mike Jones x11
Concept: Bethesda rep x10
Frog (Chrono Trigger) x10
Beat (Jet Set Radio) x10
Concept: Spectator Emotes x10
Concept: Lord Fredrik as an Echo Fighter of K. Rool x10
Marx (Kirby) x9
Toon Zelda x8
[Rerate] Banjo-Kazooie x7
Magolor x6
Blacephalon x5
Zhao Yun (Dynasty Warriors) x5
Neptune x5
Concept: Crazi Taxi rep x5
Oliver (Ni No Kuni) x5
Courier (Fallout) x5
Scorpion x5
Concept: Another literally who Level-5 Character who's popular in Japan, like Achilles or Mark Evans x5
Starman (Pro Wrestling) x5
Malzahar (League of Legends) x5
Concept: Master Chief Mii Costume x5
Worm (Worms) x5
[Rerate] Sans x5
Balloon Fighter x5
Tiz Arrior x5
[Rerate] Sora (Kingdom Hearts) x5
[Rerate] Dovahkiin x5
Rash x5
[Rerate] Slime (Dragon Quest) x5
Lizalfos x4
Eight (Dragon Quest) x3
Urbosa x3
[Rerate] Captain Toad x3
Boss: Sans x2
Luminary (Dragon Quest) x2
Sub-Zero x2
[Rerate] Geno x2
Concept: Street Fighter Mii costumes x2
Stahl x1
Duster x1
Pappy Van Poodle x1
Dr. Eggman x1
Toon Zelda & Tetra x1
[Rerate] Chibi-Robo x1

Spyro beats Morrigan Aensland and takes first place. Kyle Hyde sneaks past Crono and Kamek, ending the day in third place. Concept: Microsoft rep is back in the races, tying with Crono, Saber and Protector for fifth.

Specter Knight dashes past 50 noms.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Creeper

Chance 0 - Don't think anyone from Minecraft has a shot other than Steve. A creeper would be a fun assist trophy but as a playable character, eh.

Want 10 - Like I said above, fun assist trophy idea. Not really into it getting a playable spot in Smash though

Freddi Fish

Chance 0 - This would be quite the out there pick. I don't really see anyone from an educational game having a shot at DLC though. Freddi would fit better as a base roster pick at best and even that would be kinda weird. Doesn't really fit the vibe of Smash either.

Want 0 - Never heard of Freddi before this. Have no connection to the character and like I said above, Freddi doesn't really feel right for a fighting game

Noms
Ellie x5

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Are you ready for a different Freddi?

Chance: Wow, a second 0%! Has Freddi ever seen a Japanese release? I don't think we're getting a character who isn't released in Japan. Next, the moveset is awkward more likely than not. Lastly, this character has been dead for years: not exactly a money-maker.

Want: 5%, she meets the bare minimum but plot twists for twists would drive me away from the pass, not towards it.

The Sans of Minecraft

Chance: If I don't believe in Sans, then what does that say for the Creeper? I'll be generous: it gets a 5% chance from my books. The problem here is that Steve is pretty much THE Minecraft character if we do get one, not to mention the Creeper doesn't exactly DO a whole lot in any incarnation. It's Assist Trophy or Stage Hazard material, not really fighter material.

Want: Nah, not really. 20%, it could be kinda cool but I just don't see it. Assist Trophy or Stage Hazard material, not fighter material.

Sunflower x 10, More Bosses x 5. Dunno who to predict.

Last edited:

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
Creeper's gonna creep
Chance:
0%
Want: 5%

While creepers are the faces of Minecraft, they have almost zero moveset potential. The only attack they are capable of is exploding when players step too close to it. Unless the creeper species gets multiple new members in the future that are capable of fighting, this won't happen. Combined with Steve as competition and also Banjo who is most likely gonna make it at this point, Creeper is not happening any time soon.

It would make a really good assist trophy though. But as a fighter? I'm not very interested. Steve's got a lot more moveset potential and creativity at hand. And now... time for one of the dumbest characters to ever touch this thread.

Magikarp's even more useless cousin + Basculin
Chance:
0%
Want: 0%

I poked the bear last week just to get these characters out of the way as soon as possible. Do I really need to explain this? Let's start with chances. Freddi Fish is a character from a point and click computer game that was rated eC by the ESRB. Do you really expect something like this to enter a Nintendo fighting game? Didn't think so. I see zero moveset potential as well. She was on the Wii, but does that really matter? That console is shovelware paradise. She hasn't had a game in 6 years, and Humongous games apparently almost went bankrupt 3 times. This is like adding Dora the Explorer but as a video game character.

Freddi Fish landed a spot in my least wanted section for obvious reasons. This is a game for 3 year olds. I played Freddi Fish at a very young age, and didn't touch it after I started playing real video games such as Pokémon and Mario. I'd rather see characters like Baldi and Sans over Freddi Fish, and thankfully I have nothing to worry about, since she has just as high of a chance as Pinkie Pie from ML****ingP.

No predictions thanks to E3.

Heavy Weapons Guy x15 (almost forgot we had 10 extra noms lmao)

TCT~Phantom TCT~Phantom Nice profile pic btw

Last edited:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Freddi Fish

Chance - 0% - A fish doesn't make for a good fighter. Especially one that hasn't had a game in years...

Want - 0% - Listen, I liked Humongous Entertainment back in the day, but I don't see the need for them in smash. It'd be a complete waste, and ever since they have been sold I would rather have nothing to do with them.

Creepers

Chance - 0% - They explode themselves. That's all they can do. And that's supposed to make a good moveset? Yes, their iconic, but they can't do anything.

Want - 0% - Make a character that kills itself every time it attacks? Does that sound fun to you?

Nominations

Cadence X15

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
When we find out the name of
Keanu Reeves' Cyberpunk character
I hope the nominations start rolling in. Or I'll be very disappointed.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Abstaining because I will not rate joke characters, which these two clearly are.
Nominations
Specter Knight x3
Blaze x2

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
A joke but it's not a joke:
Chance: 0%-Of all the characters that have been rated, this has to be the oddest I've ever seen, and for that very reason, I know it can't happen. Probably not known in Japan, not popular at all, and on top of it, no real moveset potential.
Want: 0%-The only interesting thing I've ever seen about this character is a sequence where she dreams about her friend being fed to another fish. And even then, that thanks to a video talking about dark Easter Eggs in video games.

Not Batman's Creeper:
Chance: 0%-All they do is explode. And I'm pretty sure people would rather have Steve since that's the character that does all the crafting and combat stuff. Plus, with Vergeben's recent success on leaking games for E3, I'm relying on Banjo possibly happening.
Want: 0%-As I said before, all they do is explode. I'm really not interested in a character like that. They're better off as a stage hazard for a Minecraft stage.

Nominations: Morrigan x15

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Freddie Fish from... a children's education game...?

Abstain

Creeper

Chance: 0%

This thing just screams Assist Trophy material. It would do exactly what it does in Minecraft: You get in the Creeper's range, it starts to sizzle and it kills itself, damaging Steve if he's too close to it's blast range. I could see it function similarly to the Moon by having the Creeper indiscriminately deal damage to anyone in it's blast range. The Creeper doesn't even have arms. How's it suppose to grab people and throw them across the stage? What did Minecraft ever introduce psychic Creepers or something? Is it even capable of eating or holding things in it's mouth?

Assist Trophy, Mii Costume (thinking more as a hat), or even a stage hazard on a hypothetical Minecraft stage are all more likely for this walking bomb than a full-fledged playable character.

Johnny Silverhand x15

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I’d like to respond to some stuff regarding Creeper:

I made a move set for it in my Creeper thread; for grabs, an Enderman would help it, and for holding items, it would pick them up in its mouth.

And no, it’s not a joke character.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I’d like to respond to some stuff regarding Creeper:

I made a move set for it in my Creeper thread; for grabs, an Enderman would help it, and for holding items, it would pick them up in its mouth.

And no, it’s not a joke character.
So an Enderman spawns anytime grabs are needed? Doesn't that seem needlessly complicated?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
So an Enderman spawns anytime grabs are needed? Doesn't that seem needlessly complicated?
I don’t know; it shouldn’t take anymore frames than most other characters if the Enderman spawns with its arms already reaching for the opponent, and I think it’d still make sense if they include mobs elsewhere in the move set (even if it’s just my idea of spawning mobs with spawn eggs in its down special). I imagine the Enderman being off to the side like Pokémon Trainer, but close to the Creeper. For throws, the Creeper would still do the work with explosives or charging into the opponent (I also had the idea of the Enderman slamming the opponent down for the down throw).

I guess it could also summon silverfish or something to grab the opponent, having them act similar to Olimar’s Pikmin...

Last edited:

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Perfectly cut screams
People often say Creepers are the face of Minecraft instead of Steve and I agree with that. That doesn't mean a Creeper
would make a better fighter though. Unlike Steve, a Creeper can't do anything to reperesent the crafting aspect of Minecraft. Besides, it's too basic of an enemy. It just walks up to you and blows up. I don't see any moveset potential in that.

Want: 1%
If they can make it work, perhaps a Creeper would be a more appealing choice than Steve. I still prefer Minecraft not to get any fighters as I'm personally rooting for the rare duo.

Double zeroes for Freddie and Luther. I'm not 5 and neither is the majority of Smash consumers who buy the DLC. And they're goddamn fish.

Bandana Dee x10
Qbby x5

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Reeeeeeee

The fact the it's likely were getting a Microsoft rep indicates were living in a strange world. The fact that it _might_ be a Minecraft rep is even stranger, but Banjo seems like a lock currently and 2 Microsoft reps ain't gonna happen. So there is a slim chance were getting a Minecraft rep. Then why would it be a Creeper? Steve is the face of minecraft. Why would the character that harolds the era of competitors sharing characters be... a random mob? And, also, you know, make me a Moveset for a character who litterally only explodes.

See above.

Wet Put Put

Chance 0%
The game hasn't been relevant in years and Tommo hasn't released anything in even longer. On top of that, the audience is children and the whole idea behind Humongous Entertainment games is that they're non violent. There is no way Sakurai would consider this and no way Humongous would agree.

Want: 100%
He is a childhood icon who started in amazing games. I think it would be freaking hilarious to have him in smash but most importantly: he opens the door for Put Put to get in and honestly, that would be the best timeline.

Noms: put it all on Rundas my good man

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Creeper
It's a generic enemy. But not only that, it's a generic enemy from a third party franchise. But wait there's more, it's a generic enemy from an UNREPRESENTED third party franchise!
Anyone rating this higher than 0% is wrong.
I already don't want Steve. So obviously I don't want this either.

Freddi Fish
Let's put it this way, I highly doubt Sakurai ever saw Freddi Fish and thought "That's it! This is the next Smash character!" Plus they probably weren't on Nintendo's list anyway.
There are several better choices for a Smash character than a fish from a kids game.
Also Putt-Putt is better.

Noms: Putt-Putt SE Rep x5

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
We're officially less than 24 hours away from the Nintendo Direct.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Abstaining from Creeper.

Double Zeros for Freddie Fish.

First off, this series has been dead for a while. I doubt that it would make sense of all third parties to put this one in. Even putt putt makes more sense.

I’m surprised that we have a character that would be a worse choice than Lucas from The Wizard. I’m shocked.

Spyro x 15

Day over. Predictions for E3 time.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
E3 Predictions:
- Either Super Mario 3D World or Xenoblade Chronicles X get a 'Deluxe' port for Switch announced rendering the Wii U even more redundant

- A previously mentioned port from Wii U to Switch randomly gets some DLC announced similar to Captain Toad Treasure Tracker randomly getting a DLC special edition in March to tie it to New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe. Could be Mario Kart 8, could be Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze...whom knows?

- Smash gets two newcomers. We only get one of Banjo, Steve or Erdrick and the second character is someone everyone thought was off the table Or a Three Houses character.

- Spyro reignited finally gets it's Switch Port

- New Warioware announced.

- If Banjo is the newcomer, we get a Rare Replay for the Switch. If not, this doesn't happen.

- A surprise Nintendo character cameo appears in Astral Chain.

- SNES games finally announced for Switch's Online serv-okay this might be the most outlandish prediction yet.

- Chrom, Marth, Ike, Lucina, Corrin, Robin and Roy all somehow appear in Three Houses whether it's additional DLC or bonus missions post game.

- New Mario spinoff announced. Not Tennis, Kart or Party.

- Persona 5 port is announced.

- Metroid 4 doesn't appear at all.

- Starfox gets stapled to another series idea like it did with Dinosaur Planet, PROJECT GUARD and Starlink.

- Animal Crossing introduces a cupid or roomate mechanic that allows you to interact with your animal villagers more.

- New Kirby announced.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Well I made a bingo card a while ago for the Social thread. The deal was that if I wouldn't get bingo I'd do a vlog on a topic of their choosing.

ZomboMeme 30052019144421.jpg

This is what were going to see, in my prediction

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152

Nintendo E3 Predictions
  • Animal Crossing Switch will be shown off. Has a feature that greatly emphasizes bringing your Switch to places.
  • Fire Emblem Three Houses segment which talks more about the story.
  • Spyro: Reignited Trilogy confirmed to be coming to Switch.
  • Ultimate Alliance 3 shows off a really hype character.
  • Astral Chain gets shown off.
  • Bayonetta 3 also gets shown off.
  • Xenoblade 3 gets teased.
  • Persona 5 gets ported to Switch.
  • We get yet another Wii U port with extras, most likely Mario 3D World.
  • New WarioWare is shown off.
  • No Pokemon Sword/Shield news outside of whatever is found in the playable demo.
  • Something Rare related happens (Banjo port or remake for instance).
  • Smash news: Erdrick will be confirmed to release shortly after the Direct while Banjo will release in a few months.
Wait... who the hell is Lucas the Wizard?

Predictions coming soon
The character Lucas from the movie The Wizard.

Who is also a registered sex offender in real life.

Last edited:

Neosonic97

Smash Journeyman
>Persona 5 port is announced.

I mean... wouldn't it just make more sense to say "Persona 5 The Royal announced to be coming to the Switch, too"?

Last edited:

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Predictions:
Xenoblade Chronicles X port
Retro’s project revealed as a new Mysterious Murasame Castle game set to release next summer
Luigi’s Mansion 3, Animal Crossing, and Pikmin 4 get reveals and release dates
Banjo revealed as a DLC character and is shadowed dropped as well.
Boss Rush mode revealed with Tabuu, Porky, and Rayquaza returning. New bosses include Dr. Wily and Perfect Chaos
Metroid Prime Trilogy reveal and Metroid 4 announced
A Link to the Past HD remake revealed with the Four Sword dungeon included and a bunch of bonus content.
WarioWare revealed but surprise, a new Wario Land is announced
New Zelda announced
Banjo-Threeie
Persona 5 remake announced
New F-Zero
One more thing: Geno is revealed as DLC 3 with a release date set for September.
Nominations
Blaze x3 Specter Knight x2

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Nintendo E3 Direct Predictions:

• Banjo-Kazooie and Erdrick revealed for Smash; one releases later this month, the other in August or September
  • Luigi’s Mansion 3 info
  • Rare Replay port, or at least Banjo-Kazooie ports; maybe a Nintendo version of Rare Replay
  • Pikmin Trilogy or Pikmin 4 Pikmin 3 port, maybe with a bit of new content give me Pikmin 4 dang it
  • Animal Crossing info
  • Astral Chain info
  • Link’s Awakening info
  • Some smaller-scale games, whether 1st-party or 3rd-party
  • Maybe some info on GameFreak’s Town
  • Mother 3 localization, because if we say it enough times, it’ll happen
  • Something nobody saw coming

Last edited:

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979

Nintendo E3 Predictions
  • Animal Crossing Switch will be shown off. Has a feature that greatly emphasizes bringing your Switch to places.
  • Fire Emblem Three Houses segment which talks more about the story.
  • Spyro: Reignited Trilogy confirmed to be coming to Switch.
  • Ultimate Alliance 3 shows off a really hype character.
  • Astral Chain gets shown off.
  • Bayonetta 3 also gets shown off.
  • Xenoblade 3 gets teased.
  • Persona 5 gets ported to Switch.
  • We get yet another Wii U port with extras, most likely Mario 3D World.
  • New WarioWare is shown off.
  • No Pokemon Sword/Shield news outside of whatever is found in the playable demo.
  • Something Rare related happens (Banjo port or remake for instance).
  • Smash news: Erdrick will be confirmed to release shortly after the Direct while Banjo will release in a few months.

The character Lucas from the movie The Wizard.

Who is also a registered sex offender in real life.
How was he even rated if he's a movie character?

D

Deleted member

Animal Crossing of some kind.
Link's Awakening comes out the day of E3, as a surprise.
New Smash Fighter (Banjo)
Luigi's Mansion.
Something about the new Mario Kart Tour.

Yea, I know this sounds basic, and boring, but that's because it is. I expect nothing else.

Nominations: Dwight Fairfield x5

Last edited by a moderator:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Last edited:

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
New Warioware
New Metroid
New F-Zero
New Wonderful 101
Mario Kart Tour is shown off and releases right after the direct
Dr. Mario World is shown and releases right after the direct
Splatoon gets an animated short series or movie
One of those millions of JRPGs from 2015-17 gets a Switch port
Banjo is announced as a guest character in a non-Smash game
Erdrick is confirmed for Smash

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Already made my predictions in the Countdown to E3 thread, so here they are again.

Possible Mario games (Mario Kart mainly)
Luigi's Mansion 3 discussion
More news for Pokémon Sword and Shield
Animal Crossing
New Kirby Game?
New Pikmin?
Two new Smash character (Steve is my main prediction, also wanting Adeleine, but who knows)
New Godzilla Game

That's all I got

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Predictions:
E3 starts with showing off Erdrick, who is set to become avaliable in August
Some extra small Pokemon stuff
Animal Crossing release date and title
Some Luigi's Mansion stuff
A few new ports announced
Link's Awakening info
Major surprise of some kind
E3 ends with a Banjo reveal trailer and he is available right away

Noms(Cant remember if we do those for these or not)
Ellie x5

CureParfait

Smash Ace
Predictions:
1-2 DLC reveals for Smash
More Pokemon Sword/Shield info
Link's Awakening info
Animal Crossing title/date reveal
More Persona 5 S gameplay
More Astral Chain info

Top Bottom