• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

Namasura

Smash Journeyman
Crash Bandicoot

Chance: 50%

Activision screwed the chance to make PSABR at least decent by denying Crash and Spyro there, but things changed since them, especially after Crash spoke in the only language executives know: sales, with 10 million of those with remake. I see him as the go-to character if more western characters make it in. I have the feeling Banjo will open the door, and once he does, Crash will be right there for the next spot, but for now, I cannot be too sure.

Want: 100%

Woah! Smash will be the true PSABR for the PS1 when this happens, lol, and that is fine, as someone who grew on a PS1, I identify myself more with Nintendo consoles since the mid-2000s, all the series I loved on my PS1 were on the DS, not on the PS3, which moved away from anything I found enjoyable. And this stays true to this day, so getting to have my 3DS and Switch and still enjoying a Smash with all those characters I liked as a kid? Heck yeah. Crash also has since moved on, and with a strong presence on Nintendo since, I place him in the same place as Sonic.
I would really love a properly done Crash, like, if he fell on the bottom of the screen, it would be hilarious if his shoes shot up like in the games, I would also like the CTR victory theme as his victory theme, versus a simple remix of the main theme.

Nomination:
Spyro x5

Last edited:

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Curashu bandicote:

Chance: 20%
This is An interesting case. Ever since we Saw Activision so prominently on the list of third parties supporting the switch, "Crash in Smash" had been screamed off the roofs by fans. And then, nothing. That support Activision mentioned had been... Lackluster to say the least. Then to specifically tackle smash: it's a western company that hasn't had ties with smash and neither does it have a history on Nintendo consoles. We know that neither of them is required, but it definitely helps. Those kind words of Activision at the start of the switches Life give Crash some lifeline, along with the fact that he is definitely a gaming icon and is the kind of character Sakurai would like to have in his game.

Want: 50%
I hate crash. I don't like his aestetics, I don't like his fans, his Moveset potential is basically nonexistent. But god damn, I'd play him for the memes.

Nom: Rundas x5

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
& the boys.

Chance 90%
Super iconic. Once considered and equal to Mario and adonice. And has managed to do what most mascots from the 90’s haven’t, maintained relevancy.
Now thanks to his remasters, Crash is a gaming icon once more to new generations.
I’ll stick with my initial gut feeling and say Crash will be in this game.

Want: 55%
Tbh i never got into Crash that much. But that’s just cause i never had a PS1. I would have loved his games if I had.
I’m almost indifferent to Crash. There are already so many characters in the roster that I like so much (more), as it stands right now, I don’t feel Crash would even be among my top 15 characters in the game.

But do I find him to be a worthy inclusion? Absolutely! He may not be owned by Sony, but he’s forever stuck in my mind as their mascot in the console wars.

Nominate: Rash (Battletoads) x5

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Crash:

Chance: 20% - Not awful, but I don't really expect to see him either, If we got like 7 or 8 DLC characters I'd be more optimistic, but as is I think he'll just about miss out.

Want: 90% - Love the original Crash games, they just feel really damn good to play (or at least 2 and 3 do), which is not something you can say about a lot of the 3D platformers from that era anymore. Top notch music, great stage potential, and practically the icon for such a legendary console, he'd fit right in.

Last edited:

Ornl

Smash Ace
Crash
Chance
: 15% - Want : abstain

Mixed points
- Banjo would kill theories that the ballot disconfirms and that all licenses are born in Japan. But then Banjo would already be a pick of the ballot and a western rep.
- With Erdrick, Banjo, and a possible Switch rep (there is none yet), there would be only one possibility left for a retro DLC. All retro forecasts would be in competition with each other. So Crash would be competing with the Bamco rep, the Capcom rep, Ryu Hayabusa, Professor Layton...
Good point
- Crash is a good license to take from Sony. The license would be even more legitimate than Banjo (sales / number of games / iconic notoriety...) and it already has appeared on 10 different games on Nintendo. Crash is the missing icon from platform games and Mario Kart like. Pac-Man, Mega Man, Street Fighter, Final Fantasy and Konami also each have their own Mario Kart like, but not as well known as Crash. But...
Weak point
- Sonic and Banjo would already be third-party non-human fighters who are cartoon-style, platform-based fighters, evolving into an exotic world, and having their own known Mario Kart like. With Crash more, that would be a lot of similarities... and then I wouldn't understand the exclusion about Rayman.

Nominations : Concept - Microsoft rep x5

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Crash

Chance: 55%
He's an icon who was once considered a great rival to Mario and Sonic. He's beloved worldwide in Japan and the West. And he has made a great revival that even came to the Switch. The only problem is Activision and the question of if they're willing to play ball with Nintendo.

Crash is one of my childhood memories, he's the reason I got a Playstation. I would be extremely ecstatic if he gets in.

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Cash Banooca
Makes perfect sense actually. He's iconic, highly requested, popular in both the east and west and had a recent revival which was immensely succesfull and even came to the Switch.

Want: 60%
I'm not all that huge on him. The N.Sane trilogy is still sitting in my huge backlog of games I own yet still have to play. Still, he deserves it for making such a great comeback, even if I'm not a huge fan of third-parties.

Frisk: 7.31%
Bandana Dee x3
Qbby x2

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Crash Bandicoot

Chance: 40%. He is very popular, moves that make him unique and his recently released games for the Switch gives him a bonus boost of a chance. Competition is less fierce against him, but who knows who would show up.

Want: 70 to 80%. He would be a very fun and wild character to play. Plus, we could get more unique spirits to fight, to continue with the franchise.

Noms: 1 for Marx, 2 for Adeleine and 2 for King Boo

D

Deleted member

Crash Bandido

Chance: 36%

The N Sane Trilogy has revitalized Crash and the series after over half a decade of nothing. He's got a couple of things checked under his name that would warrant his inclusion: unique design, expressive personality, successful series, and worldwide appeal (or specifically Japanese appeal) just to name a few. That being said, I don't think his chance in Smash are as high as others are making it out to be. Him being a character from a Western publisher is the first thing that usually comes off to mind. Sakurai would need most of Activision's feedback on how they want Crash to be interpreted in Smash, and with the language barrier between him and them, it might be a lot harder than most of us would assume it is. Though Crash's chances being DLC are certainly higher than most Gaijin reps, I'm in the firm belief we're going to get only 1 Fighter from a Western company, and Crash doesn't seem to be it.

Want: 17%

This is certainly an unpopular opinion of mine, but I have little interest in seeing Crash in Smash. Most of it has to do with my petty bias against Activision and how I don't want them having any involvement in Smash (which is a major reason why the want percentage is as small as it is), but other than that, Crash doesn't appeal to me as much as he does with everyone else. There isn't a specific reason as to why that is; I even played Wrath of Cortex when I was a kid yet the thought of Crash in Smash doesn't excite me. I'm also 1 of those guys that think Spyro would be cooler yet neither of them are on my top 30 most wanted newcomers for Smash.

That isn't to say he wouldn't be a solid pick to put in Smash. He has a wacky personality and would definitely garner a lot of hype in Smash, but he just isn't for me.

MaddaD

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
Crash Bandytoot

Likelyhood: 40%

As said many times, Crash has all the good signs of a Smash rep. Well known IP beloved in NA and JP, an identifiable design that's easy for people to spot, quirky potential moveset, and just about every other "rule" of getting in Smash. And that was all before the N. Sane Trilogy gave the series a much needed fresh start. However, I do think there are a few reasons for why we'll likely never see our dear bandicoot in Smash. For one, he'd be fighting an uphill battle being another western character fighting for a spot in an eastern dominated character roster. I think we blew our load early with King K. Rool, and that will be the only western originated character we'll get for this game/DLC pack. The second is that Activision might not be up to par with agreeing on Crash's representation, especially with the new focus on characterization of both the 3 games and CTR.

Want: 80%

That being said, I would love if Crash did got a spot on the Smash roster. I've been a fan of his since I could hold a PS1 controller and even 100% all 3 games when I was a kid. He's wacky, zany, and has some of the best music in the recent years as remixes of old songs no less. I really do think the N. Sane trilogy brought the series back from an uncertain death, and our orange hero is needed now more than ever in our current generation of gaming.

Nominations:
• Toon Zelda/Tetra
• Eggman
• Ninten
• Chibi-Robo
• BANJO BOYS

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Super Crash Brothers Ultimate

Chance: 35%
I'm feeling a little more generous today, so Crash get's a better chance than I'd normally give a character in these hectic times. But I could definitely see Crash. His aesthetic certainly fits, he's had a couple of outings on Nintendo consoles, heck, he was even inspired by the trend set by Sonic, who's already here. Points taken off from his usual ties to Sony nowadays. That certainly won't do him any favors. But if he happens, I wouldn't be too shocked. What can I say, he's popular.

Want: 50%
Very neutral on him. Have never played the original Crash games, but they seem very stressful to me. "Break all these boxes! Every. Single. One." Not really my thing, but he isn't the worst character choice I've ever seen. He gets in? Eh, OK. He'll make some people happy, but I'll be indifferent nonetheless.

Predictions: 3.69%
I'm still not totally sure about an Undertale character. What's the latest story on Deltarune anyways?

Nominations:
Captain Rainbow x5

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Crash Bandicoot
Crash is a platforming icon who definitely deserves a spot in Smash. But his series was also on an extended hiatus until two years ago, which could make him "too recent". He's also a western character, but he's pretty popular in Japan, too.
This one could go either way, honestly.
I've been a fan of the Crash series for years. Having him in Smash would be a dream come true.

Undertale prediction: 5%, I guess.
Noms: SE Rep x5

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Crash Bandicoot

Chance - 25% - I have a guess that he's in the running. I have no clue how much, though. Nintendo has been slightly chummy with Activision, though not quite to the extent of other third parties, and he is a recognizable name. That said, with no real direction on what the DLC is like, it's hard to say anything...

Want - 50% - Eh...I have no real feelings, and its mostly going to come down to move set. Never played one of his games.

Predictions

Undertale character - 2.13% - I have no idea...

Nominations

Cadence X5

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Simpson Dora
Chance: 15%
I do think Undertale getting a fighter is likelier than many people would think, as it doesn greatly fit the standard Joker has kinda set for the Fighter pass. However, it wouldn't automatically be Frisk.

They might have the advantage with being the player-controlled protagonist, but we've had an example of a character being considered the face of the franchise getting in over the one the player controlls. I'm mainly just talking about Pokemon pre-Brawl, and while that could be considered an outlier, as the Pokemon trainer isn't really a fighter on his own, I wouldn't call Frisk one either. Not only would having him fight be kinda contradictory to what Undertale was going for, I also have trouble coming up with a moveset for the little one as he only has a few minor weapons at their disposal, doesn't really help how basic the attack option is in Undertale. Sakurai would have to get real imaginative with them.

Besides, whenever Undertale is mentioned in the context of Smash, it's always Sans first, everybody else second. He's the most popular and requested character from that game, by far! He can be considered the face of the game even over the human. Frisk is still a possibility sure, but he faces major competition from Sans and, if they'd have problems balancing him, possibly Papyrus as well, or maybe even the bros as a tag team if Sakurai wants the best of both worlds.

Want: 70%
Once again, I wouldn't mind any kind of Undertale content. My preference does lie with the skelebros though, as they both have actual personalities and would get a louder reaction from the internet, which I'd like to see.

Creeper: 0.43
Bandana Dee x3
Qbby x2

Last edited:

Neosonic97

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna have to abstain on the chance and want for Frisk. Not out of unfamiliarity with him (I have played Undertale), but more because I don't know how I feel about it.

Last edited:

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Not Ness
Chance:5%: Honestly, Sans is a LOT more likely. And even without him, the human doesn’t imo have much move set potential. I don’t think so.
Want:50%: I would like it because we get Undertale music. But I would prefer Sans or Papyrus honestly.
Nominations
Blaze x 3 Specter Knight x 2

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
I just don't agree with the idea that Sans is the likeliest representative for Undertale. The idea of Sans being chosen as the playable representative, by Sakurai, for Smash, just seems extremely bizarre to me.

But this isn't about Sans, this is about Frisk. As far as the nature of this character, there are a few stumbling blocks. Spoilers are a part of it (even Frisk's name is a spoiler), but given the things Smash has spoiled before I doubt this will be much of an issue. Popularity probably isn't an issue either, since Undertale has certainly reached a level of space in the public eye where it could be considered a valid contender for a DLC slot.

A bigger problem is, how do you represent a game which focuses on the choice of pacifism in a fighting game? Sure, Frisk CAN wield weapons in the game, but I would think the development team would want to really represent the game through the character, and implementing pacifism in a fighting game in a way thats interesting and fun could simply be too tall a task. I could easily see an interview where Sakurai explains how the concept for the character was scrapped for this reason.

Want: 90%
I'm not gonna lie, Frisk is probably my second-most wanted character. In addition to loving Undertale, I also love the character of Frisk. I just connect with them on a personal level somehow, and having them be playable in Smash would be great. You would get all that good Undertale music too!

Nominations:
Blaze x 5

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
-_-

How about a song technically related to the kid we're talking about? I do consider it one of their themes.

Chance: Man, you guys... I'm actually going to go a LOT higher than most of you. I'm giving Frisk a 70%, the highest of any indie. The first thing I want to address and get out of the way right now is Sans, who a lot of people are betting on for an Undertale character if any. If people are willing to believe that Erdrick, whose accolades relative to Slime (in the west) are rather lacking, is getting in first/instead, then I'm sure that Sans may not be as much of the obvious choice for an Undertale character are, especially considering the gap in Sans and Frisk's popularity is nowhere near as big (it's big, but Frisk is still more popular and recognizable than half of the cast already in). Next, the idea that we won't get any Western characters is very likely to be defeated by this E3 thanks to a certain speculated character. Lastly, considering that Undertale could be said to be bigger than EITHER Shantae or Shovel Knight, it could easily be the indie that breaks down the door of playability. Thanks to the SOUL Modes and weapons, Frisk's moveset is pretty much there just like Sans, all Sakurai would need to do is interpret them. The missing 30, well, almost solely lies on Toby Fox deciding that Undertale representation in Smash would be a bad thing. Thing is, he's a fan of the series. If even some Sora LTD. big-wigs in suits, let alone THE Masahiro Sakurai came to him and asked for the possibility of either Frisk or Sans, I don't know if he'd say no. So I don't think it's going to be that much of a factor. And he's allowed spoilers in another crossover (Groove Coaster), so I don't think he'd blow a gasket over them.

Want: I'd rather have Slime than Erdrick, but this is gonna be hypocritical of me. 85%. The big thing that pushes our young child over Mr. Bad Times for me is that Sans isn't really somebody who can represent what Undertale is about: he can fight, but there's really no system that allows Sans to feel like a compression of what Undertale is, a game about choices. The concept of a character who can either stay true to themselves and be a good person or give in to their murderous desires and try to slaughter everyone, making huge sacrifices either way, sounds incredible and I would love to see it in Smash Bros. Plus, either way we get Megalovania, SAVE the World, and Finale in Smash, and that's easily worth it. (Oh, and if we get an Echo pass or more Echoes down the line, Sans is screwed since Papyrus is too big but Frisk has a character that would work perfectly. Though Toby probably wouldn't allow THAT.)

Sunflower x 5. Despite being the Sans of Minecraft, the Creeper probably won't break 3.20%.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I guess I'm the opposite of Ridrool now

Chance: 0%
I've said it before and I'll say it again: Undertale and Frisk specifically were probably considered for playable, but the reality of the matter is that their implementation is impossible. How do you make a fighter who can choose not to fight? Plus, Frisk here has zero moveset potential. There's nothing to be done there.

Want: abstain
I'm a big fan of Undertale, but if Sakurai couldn't make Joker accurately represent Persona 5, then I sure as hell don't trust him to do Undertale justice. However, I agree that Frisk makes more sense than Sans.

Noms Kyle Hyde X5

Creeper prediction: 3%

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Not Sans

Chance: 16,7%
Undertale has an okay-ish shot at getting into DLC. We all know Nintendo likes jerking off their Indie reps and Undertale and Hollow Knight are the two indie juggernaughts not repped by assists or Spirits yet. If An indie rep gets into DLC, these two Will have to compete over the spot. Hollow Knight has an advantage in pure sales figures. Undertale has a Strange position in that it is the only indie game to recieve a personal promo card on the start screen. It's clear that Nintendo likes pushing this game in particular.

So considering that, in theory, there might Just be an indie rep in the fighter pass and it might Just be from Undertale, theres the funny man elephant in the room. One might think Sans blows Frisks chances out of the water. He is definitely more iconic, but I can see Sakurai going with the playable character, who "shapes the Experience of Undertale" instead. To be fair I give Them An equal shot.

Want: 0%
To bluntly go against everything I Just said: I'd rather have Sans. If any Undertale rep at all.

Yeah

Creeper prediction: 1,5%

Noms: Rundas x5

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Chance: 30%
It’s certainly plausible, not super likely but not impossible either now that Undertale (and Deltarune) is on the Switch.

Want: 65%
Certainly not at the top of my list, but I wouldn’t absolutely hate Frisk. I certainly think Frisk would be a much better Undertale Rep than Sans, being the character we actually play as and all. Same way Erdrick makes it in over Slime despite less popularity.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Not as much participation on Crash's day as I expected. Maybe if it were Banjo things would be different.

Morrigan Aensland x120
Spyro x120
Kamek x106
Crono x105
Kyle Hyde x105
Saber (Fate) x105
Protector (Etrian Odyssey) x103

150 - 101

Concept: Microsoft Rep x102

100 - 51

Aloy x100
Concept: Third-party character from unrepped Company x100
Concept: Square Enix rep x90
Boss: Kracko x89
Frogger x85
Heavy (Team Fortress) x81
Noctis Lucis Caelum x80
Glover x80
Concept: Valve rep x80
9-Volt x80
Ellie (The Last of Us) x75
Ninten x70
Rundas x70
Jin Kazama x65
Velvet Crowe x65
Cadence (Crypt of the Necrodancer) x65
Adeleine (Kirby) x64
X (Mega Man) x53
Papyrus x51

50 - 25

Gene (God Hand) x50
Specter Knight x50
Decidueye x45
[Rerate] Bandana Dee x39
Concept: DLC challenges x35
Gooey (Kirby) x31
Concept: Assist Trophy becomes Fighter x30
Dwight Fairfield (Dead by Daylight) x30
Captain Rainbow x30
Farmer (Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons) x28
Brian (Quest 64) x27
Qbby x26
Blaze the Cat x25
Thrall (Warcraft) x25
Cooking Mama x25
Boss: Perfect Chaos x25
Earthworm Jim x25
Terry Bogard x25

Under 25

[Rerate] Steve? x21
Reporter & Wrestler x20
Tora and Poppi x20
[Rerate] Micaiah x20
Concept: More Bosses x20
Concept: Spirits aren’t disconfirmations x18
Hector (Fire Emblem) x15
Pyra & Mythra (sans Rex) x15
Amaterasu x15
Concept: Dragalia Lost rep x15
King Boo x15
Black Shadow x13
Concept: Pokéball Pokémon becomes fighter x13
Concept: Another joke character x13
Gex x12
Mike Jones x11
Concept: Bethesda rep x10
Frog (Chrono Trigger) x10
Beat (Jet Set Radio) x10
Concept: Spectator Emotes x10
Concept: Lord Fredrik as an Echo Fighter of K. Rool x10
Sunflower (Plants vs. Zombies) x10
Marx (Kirby) x9
Toon Zelda x8
[Rerate] Banjo-Kazooie x7
Magolor x6
Blacephalon x5
Zhao Yun (Dynasty Warriors) x5
Neptune x5
Concept: Crazi Taxi rep x5
Oliver (Ni No Kuni) x5
Courier (Fallout) x5
Scorpion x5
Concept: Another literally who Level-5 Character who's popular in Japan, like Achilles or Mark Evans x5
Starman (Pro Wrestling) x5
Malzahar (League of Legends) x5
Concept: Master Chief Mii Costume x5
Worm (Worms) x5
[Rerate] Sans x5
Balloon Fighter x5
Tiz Arrior x5
[Rerate] Sora (Kingdom Hearts) x5
[Rerate] Dovahkiin x5
Rash x5
[Rerate] Slime (Dragon Quest) x5
Lizalfos x4
Eight (Dragon Quest) x3
Urbosa x3
[Rerate] Captain Toad x3
Boss: Sans x2
Luminary (Dragon Quest) x2
Sub-Zero x2
[Rerate] Geno x2
Concept: Street Fighter Mii costumes x2
Stahl x1
Duster x1
Pappy Van Poodle x1
Dr. Eggman x1
Toon Zelda & Tetra x1
[Rerate] Chibi-Robo x1

Spyro ties with Morrigan Aensland for first place. Kyle Hyde and Saber both pass Third-party character from an unrepped company, Aloy, Microsoft rep and Protector and tie with Crono for fourth place. Microsoft rep, Aloy, and Third-party character from an unrepped company fall off the top seven.

Qbby, Blaze the Cat and Terry Bogard jump past the 25 nom mark.

Today's newcomers are Rash (5 noms), Dr. Eggman, Toon Zelda & Tetra, and Chibi-Robo (a single nomination each).

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Frisk

Abstain on both chance and want. I don't know much about them (at least, not as much as Sans), so I don't feel comfortable making any assumptions.

Nominations: Protector (Etrian Odyssey) x2, Concept: Microsoft Rep x3

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Frisk
Chance 0 - I really don't see anyone but Sans as a possible Undertale rep. Sans is by far the most well known character from the series and I'd be shocked if anyone else got picked other than him

Want 0 - Never played Undertale and had no idea who Frisk was before this. Would like to get characters I've heard of in this fighter pass

Noms
Ellie x5

D

Deleted member

Quick Question:
FF&L were supposed to be tomorrow, but do to... something (forgot), Crepper is now tomorrow, but as TCT~Phantom TCT~Phantom said:
June 10 - Nintendo/Smash E3 predictions
June 11 - Nintendo/Smash E3 reactions
June 12 - Satisfaction rankings
So does that mean we'll be doing her June 13th? Probably so, but still wanted confirmantion.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
@NotAPro Bro yes, the schedule will be put on hold after E3. On the satisfaction days, I will hold a poll to see if we want to do a fixed schedule after E3. If so for 1-2 weeks we will be rerating stuff.

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
Never realized this until waddledeeonredyoshi waddledeeonredyoshi told us, but yes, Frisk does look like a Dora + Simpsons character hybrid.

I think it's pretty obvious that Sans is the most likely Undertale rep. He's much more popular and it's pretty evident thanks to the stage builder. Frisk also has competition from other indie characters such as Hollow Knight. Frisk is also barely requested, despite being the main character of Undertale.

At this point I'm regurgitating why I don't want any Undertale representation in Smash. I can't stand the toxic fanbase. I've been attacked by it a couple of times, and it's worse than the Ultimate Social Thread. (No offense to people in either community. I've seen good people in both.) Most people I've seen requesting Undertale in Smash are only doing it for the memes anyways. Also the graphics of the game look ugly and slightly off putting in my opinion. (Mostly the world map.) Deltarune is an improvement.

Creeper: 0.12%
Freddi Fish: 0% (if we're also doing her.)

Heavy Weapons Guy x5

Last edited:

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Funny Meme XD
Chance: 0.01%
I've said before why we'll never get an Undertale character in Smash, but I'll rate this one slightly higher since we always get the protagonist first. (Frisk is the protagonist, right?)
I've never been a fan of the "Indie character in Smash" idea, even from a game as 'big' as Undertale. And honestly even if I did play Undertale, my opinion probably wouldn't change.

Creeper prediction: 0% (This is the generic enemy from Minecraft, right?)
Frdddi Fish prediction: Also 0%
Noms: SE rep x5 (Even though this'll probably get confirmed in 3 days.)

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Never realized this until waddledeeonredyoshi waddledeeonredyoshi told us, but yes, Frisk does look like a Dora + Simpsons character hybrid.

I think it's pretty obvious that Sans is the most likely Undertale rep. He's much more popular and it's pretty evident thanks to the stage builder. Frisk also has competition from other indie characters such as Hollow Knight. Frisk is also barely requested, despite being the main character of Undertale.

At this point I'm regurgitating why I don't want any Undertale representation in Smash. I can't stand the toxic fanbase. I've been attacked by it a couple of times, and it's worse than the Ultimate Social Thread. (No offense to people in either community. I've seen good people in both.) Most people I've seen requesting Undertale in Smash are only doing it for the memes anyways. Also the graphics of the game look ugly and slightly off putting in my opinion. (Mostly the world map.) Deltarune is an improvement.

Creeper: 0.12%
Freddi Fish: 0% (if we're also doing her.)

Heavy Weapons Guy x5
What's up with the stage Builder?

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Frisk

Chance: 0.5%
I still think that if we were to get an Undertale rep it'd be Sans. Yes Frisk is the main character but Sans is way more recognizable and definitely has more to work with moveset-wise. Also like others said one of the central themes of Undertale is to not hurt/kill anyone. Finding a way to implement that into Frisk's fighting moveset seems very convoluted especially since Sakurai generally likes to make characters stay true to their origin games.

Not exactly the biggest Undertale fan out there but regardless Frisk just doesn't interest me at all. If we had to get a character from the series I'd prefer Sans or even Papyrus since they would have better moveset potential.

Creeper chance prediction: 1.15% (Steve is more likely not to mention there is also a certain other Microsoft rep who'll probably get in before both of them).

Nominations:
Terry Bogard x5

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
kiddo:

Chance: 50% - I think I’m giving a higher chance than I did last time for an Undertale character, since I changed my mind I guess after reading another person’s ratings. Undertale is very popular, and gets its own spot in Nintendo Directs instead of being put with the other indies in their Directs, so I believe Undertale could have some chance in Smash. I’m gonna be 50/50 on this, though. As for Frisk themself, I’m 50/50 on them as well, since we could get Sans or Papyrus (or both together) over them due to their mascot status (at least, they seem like mascots) and being two of the most-popular characters from Undertale; we could also get any of the other characters, but I’d expect these the most.

Want: 80% - I’d really like Frisk or any Undertale character, so I wouldn’t mind if they were the character to represent the game. Sans and Papyrus are my favorite characters from the game, however, so while I’d still like Frisk, I would prefer the skelebros.

Nominations:

Ninten x5

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
Chara / My Child / kid / HUMAN / Punk / Darling / The Final Soul

Distilled to their lonesome, Frisk is not a super-appealing candidate. Their weapons include a stick, a toy knife, a pan, some ballet shoes - a lot of things that don't really make for prime moveset moveset. If you're ever making a respectful Frisk moveset, you're gonna have to force your way through one. You'd have to respect all of Undertale's routes at once, though, while using only what abilities the game lets you use.

And that's all while still undercutting Toby Fox's input on the matter. People believe he wouldn't care enough about his own creation to let Smash canonize its open secrets, but I still don't. Even up to now, Toby treats Undertale as something only to be experienced purely blind, going so far as to tell people that they oughtn't play Deltarune without the context that Undertale provides, as Deltarune itself offers no explanations of the past. Where's all the blatant paraphernalia of Frisk as an all-loving pacifist? Where's all the group shots of the game's ending? Where, even, is so much a hint of this child's real name?

Sakurai has nothing but complete respect for a game's creators, and I don't see any reason he'd disregard Toby Fox's smallest doubts on the matter of an Undertale rep. The game is just too big and too impactful; to flub that, to make it known that Smash would ignore this very game's creator just to score internet points, would tarnish the DLC like nothing else.

It's certainly possible, but we're talking chances here, and there's just so much that Frisk would have to overcome to make sense in Smash. Undertale itself being in Smash is the least of Frisk's concerns here.

Want: 20%
I would not endorse Frisk for Smash just for the sake of getting Undertale in. But it's a choice that still has some merit and would do a lot of good if executed properly. If they could do all that - make a fitting moveset that Toby Fox would agree with - then there's little reason to oppose
the inclusion.

Nominations
Valve representative x5

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Frisk
1% Chance

It’s sans or bust for Undertale. He is the most iconic character from the game. He is the face of Undertale. For the record, I feel Sans is the character we underrated the most rn. I can’t see frisk getting past that bad time.

100% want

I want Undertale music please. The best part of the game is the soundtrack. It’s all I need.

Spyro x 5

Day over

Since I wanna keep on schedule a bit, we will do Freddie Fish and Creeper together today. Since this screws up predictions, everyone gets 5 extra bonus noms. Well, also I feel generous, so another 5 noms.

15 noms today. Use them well.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
The Best Monster:

Chance: 35% - I’m gonna ignore leaks and rumors; if a Minecraft character gets in, I think the Creeper has a decent shot, as it is the most iconic mob from the game and serves as a mascot alongside Steve and Alex. I think it could also have a nice move set that includes other mobs; I actually made up a move set for it, including it in my Creeper thread, though most of its attacks are explosives, fire stuff, or regular attacks (I really just kept mob representation in its down special, with an Enderman helping it with its grabs and its Final Smash including the Ender Dragon (and Wither I think)). I think Steve would have a much higher chance, however, as he could represent the main stuff the player does in the game, i.e. using different items, mining, crafting, and building.

Want: 99% - The Creeper is my favorite Minecraft mob, so I would love it being a playable character. I actually want it and Steve equally, though I’d still want both if only one got in; and if only one were to ever get in, I’d want it to be Steve.

Abstain on Freddi Fish (I’m aware of the character but I really don’t know what to say about her; I only remember playing two-three Freddi Fish games when I was little. I guess I wouldn’t mind her inclusion, however, as I remember liking the games...).

Nominations:

Ninten x15

Last edited:

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Frisk (Late one)

Chance: 25 to 30%. Very popular game, plus a protagonist, increasing the odds a bit. But competition would be even fiercer since the Nintendo Direct is coming.

Want: 50%. Character would be fun to play. And of course, you cannot not forget about the music.

Freddie Fish

Chance: 10 to 15%. A playable fish, seams like competition for Magikarp. And just like Frisk, competition would be very fierce at this few days.

Want: 50%. A very strange choice of a character, but a unique one as well. A playable fish would be fun to play.

Creeper

Chance: Between 10 to 40%. Being the mascot of Minecraft, the Creeper has potential (as playable or assist). They don't have as much competition, due to them exploding in their opponents faces.

Want: There will be 2 ratings

50 to 75% as a playable character. The creeper would be another great trollish pick in the roaster, with an explosive moveset to boot. Plus Creeper would be the second mook to be playable (after Piranha Plant)

100% as an assist trophy or stage enemy. This is the part the Creeper was born to play. Also imagine the destruction caused by the Creeper, it would be fun.

Noms: 5 for Concept: Pokeball Pokémon Promotion, 1 for King Boo, 2 for Decidueye, 4 for Adeleine and 3 for Boss: Kracko

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Minecraft's Bob-omb

Chance: 1%
There are a lot of things holding back Creeper. One, Piranha Plant's leaving a bad taste in people's mouths. After the generic enemy fighter, people are a lot more hard on this kind of concept. Unfortunately, this also means Captain Toad and Bandana Dee have to put up with this a lot more, despite being actual characters. Creeper though? No, there is to my knowledge no Creeper character. Second problem, lack of a moveset. In the games, Creepers exist to do one thing. Explode. Kinda hard to make a moveset off of that. I can only really see explode being it's neutral, and then super charged creeper being its final smash. Finally, there's Banjo and Steve. If Minecraft get's a rep, it'll be Steve and Alex, basically as alts of each other. That's to say Minecraft even gets a fighter. Banjo seems to be the talk of the town right now, with Minecraft left in the dust. I will admit, Creeper's are iconic to Minecraft, but there's not enough to work with. Now as a stage element? I could see one sneaking out of a cave on a Minecraft stage to explode on anyone near by.

If we need a Minecraft character, I'd prefer it be Steve. There's a lot there that could, I have to admit, make an interesting moveset. Creeper though? I really just don't see anything there. It's not an interesting character, it has no moves to make for an interesting moveset, and heck, it can't even pick up items.

One fish, one fish, yellow fish, green fish

Yeah, I think characters like these are far outside Nintendo's scope. Freddi Hasn't seen a release in six years, which I suppose isn't all that bad, but she hails from a game that tends to only release on PC. There's also the games being in the Point and Click style. Granted, there could something there, making a point and click character moveset certainly sounds unique, but how likely will it work? Another thing I believe slightly holds her back, she's a fish. Whilst fighting in the water might be easier for her, on land about the only thing she can do is drop on the deck and flop like a fish. Also, the games are heavily aimed at a child audience. I don't think it's appropriate for her to fight in a game like Smash.

Edit: Oh yeah, forgot to mention Luther, even though I describe him in bold with Freddi. Well, he's mainly just Freddi's tag along. I suppose some Ice Climber shenanigans could exist with him, but if I recall, Freddi was usually the one to do all the work.

I reiterate, I don't think it's appropriate for her to fight in a game like Smash. When a series revolves around the main character helping others in day to day problems, them fighting others feels really jarring. It's one of the main arguments I see against the Animal Crossing characters, but even then, Villager can show his/her devious side and hit their fellow villagers with nets when they want to. Add to that Freddi's lack of Nintendo appearances (about as close to fourth party as I think possible for Smash), and thus her want takes a massive dive. I do believe I played a couple of these games when I was a kid, but that's over a decade ago. I have no ill will towards this character, but it's not an appropriate fit.

Edit2: So Freddi actually does have Nintendo releases, that's actually kinda surprising to me. Not only on the provided Wii one by @NotAPro Bro below, but on the DS as well. You learn something new everyday.

Predictions: N/A

Nominations:
Kamek x5
Captain Rainbow x10

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Well today I'm doing the good old quadruple zeroes. What a waste of a day.

For Creeper

There's no chance it would get in over Steve. Even if it's iconic, it's still a generic mook, and if I don't think Steve would get in because he would be despised, then combine Steve with Piranha Plant and you get this. Generic mooks don't sell, that's why Piranha Plant was a free bonus. Plus, there's no moveset, all Creeper does is blow up.

For Freddi Fish and Luther

Ignoring the fact that this is obviously a joke character (please for the love of God stop doing that, it's not funny). They're from an edutainment series of games exclusive to computers and phones. Wait, scratch that - there was a Wii rerelease that apparently is in legal trouble because they used an emulator in lieu of the engine. Now everything is great. The company that made them went bankrupt three times. Their current owners are the guys that revived Bubsy. They're obscure beyond belief, have no moveset potential, no interest, no reason to be in Smash.

Noms: Kyle Hyde X5
Crono x10

Frisk
1% Chance

It’s sans or bust for Undertale. He is the most iconic character from the game. He is the face of Undertale. For the record, I feel Sans is the character we underrated the most rn. I can’t see frisk getting past that bad time.

100% want

I want Undertale music please. The best part of the game is the soundtrack. It’s all I need.

Spyro x 5

Day over

Since I wanna keep on schedule a bit, we will do Freddie Fish and Creeper together today. Since this screws up predictions, everyone gets 5 extra bonus noms. Well, also I feel generous, so another 5 noms.

15 noms today. Use them well.
Are we doing E3 days or should I already close the top 7?

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Some songs to get in the mood for these character's ratings.

----------

HAHAHA FREDDI SO RANDOM AND WACKY REALLY OUT OF PLACE SO FUNNY!!!!!!!!!! xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD

I don't think educational PC games have a place in Smash and I seriously doubt anyone else is unironically clamoring for this to happen. Aside from this whole idea being silly and Freddi never even having a Nintendo appearance, how would Freddi be able to fight when she's a fish who swims in water? Even with Piranha Plant being a thing I am confident that this will never happen in any universe.

No connection to the character and I know that won't change if she were to ever make it into Smash. I'll take pretty much any character over this.

-----

Creeper

Chance: 2%
If we're getting a Minecraft character it'll probably be Steve. Creeper is arguably more recognizable than Steve but I still think they'd go with the playable character in this case. Also considering recent events I think we may be getting a certain other Microsoft character instead. If Verge's comments about Minecraft content are true though I could honestly see us getting a Creeper mii costume hat.

Don't care about Minecraft at all so I'm not interested in Steve or Creeper. Creeper getting in would also most likely hurt Banjo's chances since they're both Microsoft reps which is yet another reason I don't want this to happen.

Nominations:
Terry Bogard x15

Last edited:
Top Bottom