• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
Conker

Chances - 20%
It’s true that we already have Steve as a Microsoft character, and while I agree that it damages his and other Microsoft characters chances, I don’t think it completely obliterates them. There’s nothing that directly hints at Nintendo only wanting one character per 3rd party company in each fighters pass, and seeing not only how Microsoft still maintains a really good relationship with Nintendo to this day and also how Conker is a pretty logical choice, given his ambitious history with Nintendo, yeah I do think he still has a chance, even if it’s a tiny one. Rare also commonly promotes Conker alongside Banjo Kazooie as one of the company’s main mascots, when it comes to merchandise and other stuff, so I’m positively sure that if were to get another Rareware character (DK aside) it’d definitely be the squirrel.

Want - 100%
My most wanted character since ever. Say what you will but to me, giving Ultimate the tagline “Everyone is Here” and not having a former Nintendo all-star like Conker who not only had a literal masterpiece on the N64 and was oftenly included among Nintendo giants by the big N itself in the old days is beyond sacrilegious, there I said it.
Plus Conker could have a really unique moveset thanks to his Context Sensitive powers where he grabs the weapon needed at the right time. Also Conker has a funny, smartass and charming personality, and could potentially be one of the most talkative characters in the game (something that I felt Smash sure could use more of) if they really wanna explore that part just like they did with Pit and Palitena plus Snake and other MGS characters.

Riptor

Chances - Abstain

Want - 15%

I like Killer Instinct but I don’t love it. I always kinda saw it as a T-rated version of Mortal Kombat. I do like the character designs however, specially Fulgore and B. Orchid, but Riptor as the second Rare character would make no sense to me. Even as a Killer Instinct rep it would still be a bit of a questionable option seeing as Fulgore is the true posterboy of the series and therefore the most logical choice for a KI fighter. Although I guess he’d still be a unique fighter, he and Yoshi could make a fun team for sure.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Calcs (this could be the second to last time I do these omg)

Mike Haggar
3.87% Chance - 61.54% Want
The winner of predictions was GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 with 3.52%

Ryza
0.77% Chance - 32.14% Want
Ryza has one 5% chance rating that inflates her score - the only score higher than 1%, mind you - otherwise it'd be 0.38%
The winner of predictions was also the lowest one, Inue Houji Inue Houji 's 0.80%. That nets you 10 extra noms!

Grunty
0.30% Chance - 35.33% Want
Grunty's chance is in the same situation as Ryza, except that it's a 3% instead of a fiver. Remove it and her chance score becomes 0.14% (which would've tied her with T-Rex Runner as the third least likely third party)
The winner of predictions was DrifloonEmpire DrifloonEmpire with a nearly exact 0.28%. That means you also win 10 extra noms!
Fun fact: more people rated Grunty in rhyme than they rated any other character or concept this past week. You guys sure like a challenge!

Concept: From Software rep
16.25% Chance - 50.00% Want
The winner of predictions was DanganZilla5 DanganZilla5 with a precise 16.00%

Todd Snap
2.01% Chance - 27.6% Want
The winner of predictions was Sari Sari with 1.00%

Every character on this update belongs in the Less Likely Than Goku club.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I'd like to give Conker a score.

Chance 0.1%
He is the star of his own game so I can't go full 0. But he may as well be with how obscure his franchise is in Japan. I wouldn't be surprised if he was best known for Diddy Kong Racing rather then his own game there. I believe Live and Reloaded did release in Japan but being on Xbox doesn't do him any favours. The fact that Banjo is more successful there than Halo should paint a picture of how bad it is for Conkers chance his 64 game never got a Japanese release. Doesn't help that his franchise is pretty much just a one hit wonder. At least Banjo got a popular sequel.
Want 50%
I'd like to see Conker content. I think Windy would be a great song for smash and a remix of Sloprano would be hilarious (for obvious reasons, it would need to be instrumental). I think all the movie references and crude humor may minimize how much of the game could be represented though. Like, say if we get a Windy stage, would they allow the poo mountain to appear the background? Honestly though, I think the best bet for Conker content is if Banjo sticks around next game and they decide treat him for Rare, like the treat Pac-Man for Namco arcade. Conker would still be a pretty cool addition though.

Nominate new Zelda character xMax

Prediction Carmen Sandiego 3%

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Edgy Hammy vs. Edgy Yoshi.

Chance (Conker): 10%. It would be double that if it weren't for a few things. Firstly, he's much more irrelevant than even Banjo was and doesn't have the fan demand to break past it. Next, although toning him down isn't undoable I dunno if the people at Rare would like that. Or Microsoft. Or the fans. The rest is pretty much everything that held Grunty back, and while I think he's next in line for Rare, MS probably wants their green boy in.

Want (Conker): 45%. I think there's a lot of potential in Conker. Unlike Geno (whose PM mod moveset is so good I don't care if he ever gets in), while I am a fan of how he is in Smash Remix, Conker's moveset isn't so good that I think Sakurai would do a worse job, so I still have a drive to see him in an official context. In particular what I would like to see is taking full advantage of his context-sensitive nature: instead of the traditional four specials, what if he only had one special that constantly adapted itself to the situation? Somebody's far away? Blast em with a rocket launcher! Running? Go for a barrel ride! Need precise aiming? Take out your slingshot and... acorn things? Need a lift? Get off his stone! Still, I feel like Chief's earned it a bit too much to where I'd be all in on Conker.

Chance (Riptor): 5%. Same general issues as Conker but Riptor also has series competition in addition to company competition. Aside from that, there's not much to say. Still has a fair bit of a relevance problem, still competes with a huge character, I dunno if toning down is an issue here or not though.

Abstaining on Riptor's want. I'd like to store my nominations if possible because I have no interest in doing any since we might be at the end, but otherwise just no noms. Carmen Sandiego will get a 0.39%.

Inue Houji

Purplish Wig
Unwholesome Banjo
Chance: 0.1%
Let's be real, Conker is a pipe dream. Had Rare still been independent or bought out by Nintendo, he might have had a shot. Sadly, that isn't the case.
If we get another character from Microsoft, it's probably going to be Master Chief, or perhaps the Dragonborn. Even from Rare, I don't think they'd pick a character which has so much overlap with Banjo. I'd say we're more likely to see Battletoads or Killer Instinct before Conker.
Even if he cleared that hurdle, you also have the rest of the vast world of games he's competing with.

Want: 40%
I like Conker, I do. I haven't played the games, but I've watched a playthrough of it.
However I can't help but feel like he's clashing a bit too much with Banjo, and I would rather have wholly unique concepts for DLC. In a perfect world where slots weren't an issue, I would be all for him, but we don't live in that world.

Riptor
Chance: 0%
She's not the protagonist, and Killer Instinct is already a unlikely pick.
She comes with the same issues regarding Microsoft as Conker, but also lacks his infamy.

Want: 30%
Killer Instinct has always evaded me, I might have seen gameplay of it once before I looked it up now. She would certainly be an interesting fighter though, owing a lot of it to her unique bodyshape.
My little brother would probably be ecstatic, as he's a big fan of raptors.

Predictions
Carmen Sandiego: 0.3%

Nominations
Ratchet & Clank x15

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Day over.

Rate Carmen Sandiego.

Predict Yuri Lowell.

Megadoomer Megadoomer

-----

Some songs to get into the Carmen Sandiego mood:

AirMac1

Smash Journeyman
I’m gonna abstain, since I don’t know enough about Carmen to give a good rating.

Prediction: Yuri Lowell 3%

Noms: Concept: Crazy Taxi Rep xMAX

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Carmen

Chance: 10%. Her chance did not change much since the last rating. She is quite well known and she would be an underdog pick. She could also appear as a Mii Costume, which i’ll Be surprised if she did.

Want: 55%. She would be fun to play as, and I can see her face off against Joker and Wario in a free for all (and who would steal Wario’s bike, among other stuff). Overall, she would make a decent Smash Bros rep.

Prediction: Yuri (5%)

Noms: 5 for Stage: Bowser’s Castle

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Where are you Scooby Doo???.....oh wait wrong character

Chance: 15%

We may have a darkhorse pick on our hands. Carmen Sandiego goes all the way back to 1985 and since then has spawned a whole slew of sequels and spinoffs. The series is so popular that it received a game show, concerts, books and recently a Netflix series. Apparently the franchise as a whole has gotten over 120 awards! That is a testament to its legacy, alongside all the critical acclaim that it has received from across various industries.

In terms of Japanese popularity, I couldn't find much but there is a Carmen Sandiego in Japan game. I've seen some people say that she has a surprising amount of popularity in Japan but I haven't seen any sources myself. But other than that I think Carmen is in a good spot. The series is on Nintendo and Carmen herself is a thief so there is a base to work on for a moveset. The only thing I can say is that she doesn't have much fan demand and there are companies that are closer to Nintendo. But if that's all I can bring up against a character, then they are doing well for themselves in the grand scheme of things.

Want: Abstain

I never had the opportunity to grow up with the Carmen games, at least from what I remember. So I don't have any personal attachment to the series and I don't know enough about her personality or what content she would bring with her to rate her fairly in this category.

Prediction: Yuri Lowell - 15%

Noms: Ayumi Tachibana x10

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
We'd have to catch her first, which is harder than it looks.

Chance 1%
Gotta go low, despite her legacy she has no demand. And it's hard to judge how much of a presence she has in Japan and if she's even close to Sakurais radar. Being edutainment doesn't help. I do know she has a presence though, due to the success of the first game, a Japan specific version was made. And I believe the Netflix show is getting a Japanese dub. There being only two characters left means competition is tight, and while I think the character is incredibly enticing, I think the stage and song selection probably won't be as interesting. Plus, the franchise has seen better days un games department
Want: 100%
I think it would be a really inspired choice. Carmen Sandiego is iconic. Most people have played at least one of her games growing up. That red coat and fedora is just perfection. And her gadgets would make for a cool moveset. I'd be curious to see what designs she has in Smash because it varies despite always being recognizably Carmen Sandiego. Also the Netflix series is pretty good. And so is the original cartoon.

Nominate new Zelda character xMax.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I'm busy today so I'm abstaining.

Yuri chance prediction: 13.00%

Nominations:
Mii Costume: 2B x5

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Reposting what I had last time since nothings different here.

Carmen Sandiego

Chance 1 - I really dont think so. There's a lot of questions here that need to be answered here. She's not really iconic from her games, so would she be considered by Nintendo? Do we have to base her off her game appearances? Can music and other things be pulled from her Netflix series or is that not allowed? Its really tough to know. Throwing all that out for a minute, I have a hard time seeing Sakurai and Nintendo going for an educational game rep, and if he did IDK if he could make it true to both an educational game and how she's perceived publicly. I also have no idea what Japan thinks of her so that's likely an issue as well.

Want 65 - I'd take this. Carm is a pretty big pop culture icon and technically works for Smash since she originates in a video game. Would be a cool "Hey guys, look who actually counts for Smash but you had no clue" moment. Would be very cool in general.

Predictions
Travis Touchdown - 37.20%

Noms
Big Daddy x5
Predictions
Yuri - 6.31

Noms:
Joe Random x10

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Chance: 0.5%
I'm not seeing it. Besides Brain Age, educational games don't typically get represented in Smash and I'm not expecting the genre to get its character. Since I don't think demand in general is any significant or that the franchise and the people who own it are any close to Nintendo, one of the two final spots being reserved for Carmen sounds like a long shot.

Want: 1%
I'm seeing this thread calling Carmen an icon which weirds me out since I've basically never heard of her before this thread. Heck if most people have played one of her games growing up then I musn't be part of 'most people'. Is it a regional thing or am I just that uncultured? Is the Netflic series any good cause that would actually be my first exposure to the character. Should I be abstaining here? Probably but this seems like another western third-party characterthat I'd rather not have, in favor of other characters.

Yuri: 19.32%
Gene x5

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I'm gonna copy-paste my old write-up for Carmen because I'm particularly proud of it. Also not much has changed for her.

Carmen Sandiego is an iconic videogame character. I dispute her being more known as a TV character than as a videogame; I'd argue she's equally known for both. It's honestly no small feat for a character from such a normally ignored genre (the edutainment game) to be that iconic, but that's just a testament to the quality and popularity of her games (seriously, the sales numbers for some of these games are insane). She has Nintendo appearances on several consoles, from the NES and SNES to the Wii. And she's still relevant, with her latest game being from 2015 (which makes her more relevant than Castlevania and Bayonetta, to my surprise), and of course the Netflix show. Normally, that would be enough to get any character up to "getting in any second now" status, but sadly Carmen is a Western character.

Now we still live in the era where Western characters in Smash is more of a speculation thing than a concrete reality, with only Banjo-Kazooie and Microsoft representing that half of the globe. We don't know if what's been keeping them out is just the difficulties of negotiations or if Sakurai simply isn't looking their way. Regardless, that hasn't stopped Western characters like Crash or Master Chief from seeming likely - so what makes a Western character likely to break the barrier?

First, there's impact. Sakurai's a gaming historian, so he's bound to know about the Carmen Sandiego games. If you're thinking about edutainment games, aside from the notorious Mario is Missing and Mario's Time Machine, your mind will probably go to Carmen. Not only are they amongst the most famous and successful in the genre, they're also games that people are willing to play even despite the educative angle. They strike that delicate balance that so many fail at. Of course, the counter to this point is that Carmen's impact is very much focused on computers - we can't really say for certain, but it doesn't look like PC impact matters much for Sakurai's choices - and that the edutainment genre is, of course, its own highly separated niche.

Aside from that, another factor is Japanese presence. Of course successful franchises created in Japan are bound to have at least some notoriety in Japan, but as for Western franchises? It's hit and miss. For every Crash there's a Spyro. I think it can be said that Carmen had at least some popularity in the region. There was of course the Japan-exclusive Where in Japan is Carmen Sandiego?, which was created because of the success of the original game over there. Mr. Nintendo also mentioned that shows got dubbed over there. One thing I could find is that Konami made a port for the NES of Where in Time?, and while they were very much a hired gun back in those days, it's still a huge Japanese developer making a game for the series, so that's gotta count for something.

What about company relationships? This one's tough. The corporate synergy factor of Smash can't be ignored. All of the companies present are ones with strong relationships to Nintendo. Houghton Mifflin Harcourt is a book publishing company based out of Boston. If they have an established nexus to Sakurai I'd be shocked. This isn't even a big Western company like EA or Rockstar where the relationship is small but there's room to grow. The only thing to gain from a relationship with HMH is either new or old Carmen Sandiego games on Switch. Even SNK at least makes King of Fighters games. And would HMH even see value in featuring Carmen Sandiego in Smash?

A last factor, and sadly one that doesn't favor Carmen, is demand. So far, our only Western character is Banjo. Are the Banjo games all time classics which defined their genre and their era? Yes, of course. Were they successful in Japan? Yes, that's also true. But Banjo & Kazooie got in for mainly one reason, and that's demand. Since so far that's the only example of a Western character getting in, it's possible that they're an exception to be made for huge fan favorites. Carmen... Well, she's been under the radar. The way this rating's been going, I hope that changes, but yeah, that's kinda the killing blow.

Anything else is probably easy, moveset-wise she's a thief, she's used cool gadgets in the past and if need be she can probably use things related to geography, art, history, etc. You can have the pick of the litter with stages. While there might be some rights issues with characters from the TV shows (which were distributed internationally by, who else, Disney), the fact that the Netflix show uses characters from several incarnations without anyone's involvement except for the current IP holder makes me think it's all good.

Chance: 9%

Want: 91%

Man, Carmen's such an underrated choice. A female, hispanic villain, who's the greatest thief alive. She's just so cool and fits right in with the Smash pantheon of gaming stars (picture Kirby with that red fedora), despite how unlikely it may seem. And hey, edutainment game or not, a classic's a classic. She'd be unexpected for sure but I would welcome her.

One extra point because in the new show she's Argentinian and I'll gladly take the representation.

Noms: Gunvolt x10
Yuri prediction: 23.7%

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Carmen Sandiego

Chance: 5% - Not much has changed for our dear thief since her last rating so I'll keep things more brief than usual. Carmen's got the pedigree! The Nintendo representation, Japanese presence, and the legacy that really cement her as an underrated icon! Though along with that come her weaknesses. Namely the first being a general lack of fan demand (I guess it depends on whether or not you grew up with her games, especially since they were PC-oriented), and along with that, the status of her owner Houghton Mifflin. Unlike a lot of big Western developers, Mifflin's a book publisher. Like GoodGrief stated, Nintendo likely wouldn't get much out of the relationship aside from some ports of Carmen's games (though a port of ThinkQuick would be something I'd love to see, played it a ton as a kid!), and given Mifflin's focus on books there isn't much room for the relationship to grow. It's also based in Boston, so I highly doubt Carmen has any connections there. Carmen's definitely a darkhorse, but has a couple of major factors that understandably hold her back.

Want: 80% - While I don't give two s**** about representation, Carmen brings in way more than just representation! She has a long legacy, brings in an unrepresented genre, Nintendo presence, and her games were genuinely very fun! I played plenty of her games as a kid, and especially adored ThinkQuick (the game with the Knowbots), even if the alien character kinda freaked me out. Carmen was always a cool villain to hunt down and I liked her enough that I invented a sidekick for her as a kid! I've also heard good things about the new Netflix series and a friend of mine recently got into her, so I have a hard time passing her up! Now, I probably wouldn't choose her if I were choosing the last two slots (she isn't surpassing The Prince or Dragonborn) but if she got in I'd be both pleasantly surprised and very happy! Also hopefully the Knowbots would appear on her stage, they were funny!

Nominations:
[Rerate] Louie x20

Predictions:
Yuri Lowell - 42.92% - JRPG character, Lloyd's costume still missing, and a later in the pass character? Yeah, this guy's gonna get a lot of confident ratings.

SargeAbernathy

Smash Apprentice
Carmen Sandiego

Going to start with the WANT Score on this: 100% I loved Carmen Sandiego games as a kid. My favorite being the typical Where in the World, the USA, etc. But I also adored Where in Space, an often overlooked one. Carmen also had a small presence in Japan with Where in Japan is Carmen Sandiego?

CHANCE Score: 0% as a Season Pass character. There are two slots left and they'll either go to bigger named third-parties or a Nintendo brand character.

I wish Educational Games had more of a presence. Educational games of the 80s, 90s, etc were for some the only games available being free in schools and libraries. Oregon Trail, Math Busters, Word Munchers, and Where in the World had a huge presence in schools across America and other countries. Nintendo had their presence in this genre as well, with the 90s "Mario Teaches Typing": a side scroller where your key presses determined if Mario jumped at the correct time.

As much as I'd like Educational Games in Smash ... I don't think Educational Games would want to be. Companies that own these classic characters often have an Education-First nature, and usually don't incorporate violence into their franchises.

Carmen Sandiego is different however as her franchise went from the Educational companies of Broderbund and TLC into the realm of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, and is now currently owned by Harper Collins as of May this year. HMH was the company to start up the Netflix animation and new franchise products. Harper Collins will likely continue this trend.

This is a Plus in one sense: HMH and Harper Collins seem like companies that would be more willing to allow use of the character in a game like Smash.

But on the other hand there are several Minuses from this. It would be a cross-over with Harper Collins. A book publishing company, not a game company. In addition, HMH sold Carmen and Oregon Trail to Harper Collins to manage their debt, and any chance of Carmen in the game would've been a Nintendo contract with HMH, not Harper Collins ... had HMH actually achieved a deal with Nintendo, it would've meant there'd be no need to sell the franchises off. Smash would've gained them LOADS of money.

Even if there was a contract with Nintendo put into place, it just doesn't feel like it could've survived the franchise sale to Harper Collins. I think a theorized Smash contract for Doom Guy could've survived the sale to Microsoft ... but that's because they are both large gaming companies.

In summary: Not only do I think the chance of 0% because it's an Educational Game Mascot and not widely known around the world ... but current changes of ownership for the character means it's highly unlikely anything was set up anyway. Maybe ... MAYBE there's a small chance of a spirit at some point ... but that's about the extent.

Last edited:

SargeAbernathy

Smash Apprentice
I see several people saying HMH is the owner of Carmen.

They were the owners. They sold Carmen Sandiego and Oregon Trail to Harper Collins (Owned by News Corp) in May of this year.

SargeAbernathy

Smash Apprentice
Isn't Harper Collins a book company?
Yes. Thinking on it, it could probably mean Harper Collins will create media for the character ... and contract to game companies to create games. The future for Carmen Sandiego is a huge unknown it seems like.

Pillow

Smash Lord
Carmen Sandiego
Chance - 1%
Does Japan even know who she is? She's fairly beloved in America, but her popularity feels kind of separate to her actual video games (which is the aspect Smash celebrates). Seeing her appear would shock me, to say the least.

Want - 90%
She's just a badass. I always loved her vibes, ever since I was a kid and that's never changed. I can only imagine how good her model will look in Smash. Yes please. It'd also be cool to see her face off against Joker as another master thief from the other side of the world.

Noms:
xMax Miku

SargeAbernathy

Smash Apprentice
We've reviewed extremely low-chance characters on this forum before, and do so because it's fun.

But, I realize Carmen has even MORE against her than we usually see with characters. Which creates a huge contrast difference between my want for her and the chance for her. More so than any other character I think. :/ It's a shame, because I think Carmen Sandigeo's place in gaming history is more important than people tend to realize.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Junpei (Zero Escape) x240
Corvo Attano x235
Meat Boy x235
Tetra x230
Senator Armstrong x225
[Rerate] Louie x195
Sackboy x185
Concept: Virtual idols like Hatsune Miku x185

200 - 151

Kaede Akamatsu x180
Stage: Bowser's Castle x16
Boss: Rayquaza x165
[Rerate] Crash Bandicoot x160
[Rerate] Tails x155

150 - 101

Concept: Danganronpa protagonist x150
Mii Costume: 2B x140
Mii Costume: Monika x135
Gunvolt x130
Mii Costume: Alex Kidd x128
Boss: Ender Dragon x12
Echo (Bowser) x128
[Rerate] Officer Howard x125
[Rerate] Concept: New Zelda character x120
D.Va x115
Fulgore x107

Ratchet & Clank x105

100 - 51

Stage: Tetris x100

Garchomp x97
Giygas x90
Legends Trainer x90
Concept: Darksiders rep x80
Concept: More ATs as one new item x75
Dwight Fairfield (Dead by Daylight) x75
Concept: Rocket League rep x75

Concept: SNES-era Final Fantasy rep x75
[Rerate] Gene x75
Echo (Olimar) x66
Magolor x65

[Rerate] Zhao Yun x65
Demi-Fiend x65
Ghirahim x60
Gooigi x60
Vi (Bug Fables) x55
Echo: Zeraora (Lucario) x55
[Rerate] Jin Kazama x55
Jin Sakai
x55

50 - 25

[Rerate] Agumon x50

Plague Knight x50
Springtrap x50
Concept: Crazy Taxi character x50
Mii Costume: Zagreus x40
[Rerate] Reimu x40
Filia (Skullgirls) x31

Captain Charlie (Pikmin) x30
[Rerate] Ayumi Tachibana x30
Concept: Large and Normal Final Destination made into separate stages x25

Under 25

Regigigas x20
[Rerate] Metal Sonic x20

[Rerate] Earthworm Jim x16
Yarn Yoshi x15
[Rerate] Shovel Knight x15

Echo: Ms. Pac-Man x15
Octoling x15
Joe Random (MLB: The Show) x15
Tetris x10
Slash Kamei (Snowboard Kids) x10
Jesse (Control) x10
Infernape x10
[Rerate] Gex x10
[Rerate] Concept: Echo Fighters Pass x10
[Rerate] Q*Bert x10
[Rerate] Ryu Hayabusa x10

Ori x10
[Rerate] Brian x7
Concept: Rocket League content x5
[Rerate] Thrall x5
[Rerate] Lara Croft x5
Stage: Tetris 99 x5
Concept: Raizing shmup rep x5
Donbe and Hikari x5
Soma Cruz x5
Concept: KOS-MOS with T-elos alt x5
[Rerate] Master Hand x5
Pyramid Head x5
[Rerate] Elma x5
Siris (Infinity Blade) x5
[Rerate] Phoenix Wright x5

Concept: Tsukihime rep x5
[Rerate] Eggman x5
Firebrand x1

Junpei wins the Nonary Nominations Game, beating out Corvo Attano. Not far behind is Meat Boy who hops past Tetra to fight Corvo for second place. Louie breaks out of the pack and takes sixth place as Sackboy and Concept: Virtual idols like Hatsune Miku are tied for the last spot.

Tails flies past 150 noms.

Ratchet & Clank blast their way to 100 noms.

Ayumi Tachibana solves the mystery of the 25 noms.

Last edited:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Junpei (Zero Escape) x240
Corvo Attano x235
Meat Boy x235
Tetra x230
Senator Armstrong x225
[Rerate] Louie x195
Sackboy x185
Concept: Virtual idols like Hatsune Miku x185

200 - 151

Kaede Akamatsu x180
Stage: Bowser's Castle x16
Boss: Rayquaza x165
[Rerate] Crash Bandicoot x160
[Rerate] Tails x155

150 - 101

Concept: Danganronpa protagonist x150
Mii Costume: 2B x140
Mii Costume: Monika x135
Gunvolt x130
Mii Costume: Alex Kidd x128
Boss: Ender Dragon x12
Echo (Bowser) x128
[Rerate] Officer Howard x125
[Rerate] Concept: New Zelda character x120
D.Va x115
Fulgore x107

Ratchet & Clank x105

100 - 51

Stage: Tetris x100

Garchomp x97
Giygas x90
Legends Trainer x90
Concept: Darksiders rep x80
Concept: More ATs as one new item x75
Dwight Fairfield (Dead by Daylight) x75
Concept: Rocket League rep x75

Concept: SNES-era Final Fantasy rep x75
[Rerate] Gene x75
Echo (Olimar) x66
Magolor x65

[Rerate] Zhao Yun x65
Demi-Fiend x65
Ghirahim x60
Gooigi x60
Vi (Bug Fables) x55
Echo: Zeraora (Lucario) x55
[Rerate] Jin Kazama x55
Jin Sakai
x55

50 - 25

[Rerate] Agumon x50

Plague Knight x50
Springtrap x50
Concept: Crazy Taxi character x50
Mii Costume: Zagreus x40
[Rerate] Reimu x40
Filia (Skullgirls) x31

Captain Charlie (Pikmin) x30
[Rerate] Ayumi Tachibana x30
Concept: Large and Normal Final Destination made into separate stages x25

Under 25

Regigigas x20
[Rerate] Metal Sonic x20

[Rerate] Earthworm Jim x16
Yarn Yoshi x15
[Rerate] Shovel Knight x15

Echo: Ms. Pac-Man x15
Octoling x15
Tetris x10
Slash Kamei (Snowboard Kids) x10
Jesse (Control) x10
Infernape x10
[Rerate] Gex x10
[Rerate] Concept: Echo Fighters Pass x10
[Rerate] Q*Bert x10
[Rerate] Ryu Hayabusa x10

Ori x10
[Rerate] Brian x7
Concept: Rocket League content x5
[Rerate] Thrall x5
[Rerate] Lara Croft x5
Stage: Tetris 99 x5
Concept: Raizing shmup rep x5
Donbe and Hikari x5
Soma Cruz x5
Concept: KOS-MOS with T-elos alt x5
[Rerate] Master Hand x5
Pyramid Head x5
[Rerate] Elma x5
Siris (Infinity Blade) x5
[Rerate] Phoenix Wright x5

Concept: Tsukihime rep x5
[Rerate] Eggman x5
Joe Random (MLB: The Show) x15
Firebrand x1

Junpei wins the Nonary Nominations Game, beating out Corvo Attano. Not far behind is Meat Boy who hops past Tetra to fight Corvo for second place. Louie breaks out of the pack and takes sixth place as Sackboy and Concept: Virtual idols like Hatsune Miku are tied for the last spot.

Tails flies past 150 noms.

Ratchet & Clank blast their way to 100 noms.

Ayumi Tachibana solves the mystery of the 25 noms.
Not sure if you saw or not but Joe Random is out of order down in the 5s with 15

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Where in the world are Carmen Sandiego's chances?

Chance: Abstain
I'm feeling lazy today, so I'll only do want. What I can say is that Carmen Sandiego's chances are very low. I don't know much about Carmen Sandiego, but from what I remember, it started off as a series of educational games. I never got around to watching beyond the 4th episode of the Netflix series, but it was neat.

Want: 15%
I'm not sure if I want this. I'm not the biggest fan of adding Flash games to Smash, so I'm sure as hell against educational games. But Carmen Sandiego would be an interesting off-the-wall pick, and a good one at that. Carmen Sandiego as tons of things to pull from for moveset potential, such as the various things she's stolen. In conclusion, I don't really want Carmen Sandiego, but I would be able to get over it quick. Also, this thread has given me the urge to continue the series, so thank you for that.

Noms: Meat Boy x All

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Popping in to say that we're having a RTC game night in about an hour from now (9pm EST) where we'll play games and talk about a potential fixed schedule after CP10. You can join in on the fun here via our Discord server.

Inue Houji

Purplish Wig
Carmen Sandiego
Abstain, as I'm unfamiliar with the series.
I tried watching some gameplay, but as it seemed very barebones, I'm not sure if it's representative of the current iterations.

Predictions
Yuri Lowell: 14.3%

Nominations
Ratchet & Clank x5

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Carmen Sandiago

0.1% Chance

Most people have already brought up good points. The rights for Carmen have shifted significantly in the past few years that might be a sign against her. Educational games, while a part of gaming history, might not be something that Nintendo looks towards. She has some potential Japanese popularity given ports and the show dubs, but that does not mean she is extremely popular there. Overall, something I am not confident in. It just seems like most people hit this one on the head. While she might be a cool dark horse style choice, she is far from likely.

20% Want

I mean, the netflix show was fine. I loved the animation style but as a whole it just was fine. I guess my issue here is beyond that, I just do not have a strong connection to the character. Would it be the worst thing in the world? Obviously not. But at the same time, we have only two spots left. I am going to be a bit testy. Still, the character is at least not someone I have no connection to or would outright hate. Wish S4 had a better ending though.

Concept: Bonus Fighter x 10

Rate Yuri Lowell Today. No predictions because we will be going in E3 predictions soon. To compensate, double noms today.

Also, here is the tentative fixed schedule. Sari Sari Jomosensual Jomosensual DaUsername DaUsername DanganZilla5 DanganZilla5 and myself brainstormed this tonight. Everyone who showed up to the call to help out gets 100 bonus nominations.

Carryover 1: League Of Legends
Carryover 2: Rean/Estelle
Day 1: Decidueye/Garchomp/Gen 8
Day 2: Phoenix/Layton/Monokuma
Day 3: Reimu/Shantae
Day 4: Quote/Hollow Knight
Day 5: Lloyd/Agumon/Chosen Undead
Day 6: Neku/Crono
Day 7: Arle/Concept: Phantasy Star Newcomer
Day 8: Demi-Fiend/SMT 5 Protagonist
Day 9: Disagea/Adol
Day 10: Ayumi/Officer Howard/Ring Fit Trainee
Day 11: Concept Zelda Newcomer/Luigi’s Mansion 3
Day 12: Nightmare/Sol Badguy
Day 13: Sakura/Axel Stone
Day 14: Saber(Fate)/Euden/Katalina(Grand Blue)
Day 15: Waluigi/Isaac(edited)

Ordering is not final. If anything jumps out in the next few days, we might shift stuff around, especially after E3.

The direction we wanted to go with was one focused on the final character. Odds are, it will not be a super big "hype" pick that we talk about a ton. As a result, most bigger third parties we took off of the fixed schedule this time. There are a few relative heavy hitters like Chosen Undead, but for the most part this fixed schedule is geared towards something smaller. Also, expect an intermission of whenever the CP10 fighter showcase is.

Last edited:
Top Bottom