• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Chance: 0% (currently)
Unfinished game, and a game that's heavily reliant on a knowledge of Western media like Family Guy and The Noid. Even if the game was somehow to get a Japanese localisation after being finished I doubt it'd catch on there enough for Nintendo to notice. I imagine that even if the game's release got it FNF/DDLC-tier popularity, (something this niche could never reach UT/FNAF levels) Peppino would have a 25% chance at most - and that's a highball!

Want: 99%
I've been keeping track of PT's development even before the SAGE demo and I'd love Peppino in Smash. His moveset would be amazing with the rifle, Mort, e.t.c. and the squash-and-stretch animations would stick out really well. He'd be the perfect antidote to the recent "anime swordfighter" oversaturation. Also that music! 👌 - er, I mean 🤌

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Food the game

Chance: 0%

This is pretty straightforward. An indie game that hasn't been released so it hasn't proven itself yet. We don't know whether it will be on the Switch and so far it hasn't made a big splash. If we are going to get an indie character, there are much safer options that are established. It doesn't matter how great a game is, if it's unproven and especially if it's not on a Nintendo system or a part of an established series, it's not going to happen.

Want: 1%

I tried out the demo a couple days ago and I enjoyed it. I think it's charming and the music is bangin'. But still, putting aside the fact that the game hasn't had time to establish itself, it's not something that I'm interested in enough for it to get a challenger pack. Maybe a spirit event or even an assist trophy would be neat, but there are just so many other characters, even in the indie department, that I would like to see get in first. I still have to thank Ninja for introducing me to the game though,it's made with care and I can see why him and others enjoy it a lot.

Prediction - Edgeworth as an alt/echo - 11%

Noms: Yuri Lowell x10

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Peppino, aka the easiest rating we've ever done here

Chance 0 - This character is impossible. Pizza Tower isn't even released yet. While there's some series/companies I could see getting the nod without having the character released, an indie character is not going to get that to happen. On top of the fact that Peppino is an indie character, we also have the fact that there's about 50 indie reps who's chances are higher than Peppino's just based on the fact that the game is out already. There's no chance here and there won't be a chance in Ultimate, even if we get a 3rd fighters pass. I don't believe we even know what consoles this game is supposed to be on yet. If you're giving this over a 0 in chance then I don't know what to say because there's no way this happens.

Want 0 - I can't really want a character who's not released yet and who I've never heard of outside of this RTC rating. This character wouldn't make my top 100 for most wanted and probably wouldn't be anywhere close to even a top 25 for indie reps. That's not an insult to Peppino or Pizza Tower. Just at this point in time I can't say I have any interest in them.

Predictions:
Edgeworth as an alt/Echo - 6.42

Noms:
Riptor x10

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Just question... unless specified, don't we rate characters only as fighter or playable character? Not Mii or Spirit.
Correct. We're just rating the character on their chance/want of becoming playable. The only exceptions would be if a specification is added, so something like "Concept: Pizza Tower content", "Concept: Peppino Mii Costume", etc.

Of course you can still add a comment like "they'll probably only get in as a spirit" and such.

Neosonic97

Smash Journeyman
Abstaining on a want score because I'm not familiar enough with Pizza Tower, but I can pretty easily give a chance rating...

Chance: oof
I think this is the most clear cut "Yeah, not a chance" character right now. Primarily because of a few simple issues, but the biggest one is this: Pizza Tower isn't even close to being finished yet. The ONLY character ever to actually get into Smash before his own game's release was Roy, and that was a special case meant to promote Binding Blade in Japan, as Melee's release only came a short time before Binding Blade's did. Even if we did consider Pizza Tower to be released, there are indies who would get in MUCH sooner than Peppino would, owing to the fact that their games actually HAVE released in a completed state. We've still got many options like Shantae or Reimu (Shovel Knight is likely off the table due to the titular character being an Assist Trophy) who would be better options.

Noms: Reimu Rerate x5

Last edited:

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Peppy.. no

Chances 0%
Pizza Tower is unfinished game from developer that never have any connection with Nintendo at all and also not really that well known, I could even say that the Boyfriend from Friday Night Funkin' have a higher chance than him, tho probably not much but yeah.

Want 1%
I'm not really a fan of the character which seems too wacky and bizarre than my liking tho I would say I like the gameplay.

Noms Agumon xAll

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Abstaining on a want score because I'm not familiar enough with Pizza Tower, but I can pretty easily give a chance rating...

Chance: oof
I think this is the most clear cut "Yeah, not a chance" character right now. Primarily because of a few simple issues, but the biggest one is this: Pizza Tower isn't even close to being finished yet. The ONLY character ever to actually get into Smash before his own game's release was Roy, and that was a special case meant to promote Binding Blade in Japan, as Melee's release only came a short time before Binding Blade's did. Even if we did consider Pizza Tower to be released, there are indies who would get in MUCH sooner than Peppino would, owing to the fact that their games actually HAVE released in a completed state. We've still got many options like Shantae or Reimu (Shovel Knight is likely off the table due to the titular character being an Assist Trophy) who would be better options.

Noms: Reimu Rerate x5
You forgot how Binding Blade was also delayed, meaning Roy was never intended to be in Smash first

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
I'm not paying for those
This game is just a 2 year-old demo so far and nobody apparently really knows when it will officially release. For that reason it's really niche and likely hasn't caught Nintendo's attention. It's pretty safe to assume characters from indie-games yet to be released weren't planned to be added to a DLC lineup that was decided more than a year ago. This would make as much sense as adding Yandere Sim in Smash (though Pizza Tower isn't nearly that infamous in fairness). Peppino won't be their first choice for an Indie rep, nor would he be the 50th.

Want: 0%
I haven't played the demo myself but I don't think they should do thi. Yeah games should kinda have to prove themself before being represented on the roster imo. Obviously, Pizza Tower hasn't yet done that. Even as far as demos go, the Friday Night Funkin demo is way more popular and well known now than the full Pizza Tower game probably will ever be. Of course there are also characters from indie games that have been out for years and have sold millions who I think deserve it a bit more. Also Peppino's design is pretty ugly and I'm not sure if it would translate well into 3D. No offense to stereotypical Italian chefs.

Edgeworth: 9.66%
Plague Knight x10

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
THESE CHARACTERS ARE LOCKED DOWN, NOMINATIONS FOR THEM ARE OBSOLETE

Day 604: Concept: Miles Edgeworth as Phoenix Wright's Alt/Echo
Day 605: Bill Rizer (Contra)
Day 606: Concept: A BioShock protagonist
Day 607: Mike Haggar (Final Fight/Saturday Night Slam Masters)
Day 608: Ryza (Atelier)
Day 609: Grunty (Banjo-Kazooie)

Day 610: Concept: From Software rep

After a week of multiple upset and surprises regarding the top seven, I guess it's fitting that the final twist was that there was no twist. Some Shyamalan level **** here.

The new top seven consists of League of Legends rep, Estelle Bright, Carmen Sandiego, Tetra, Senator Armstrong, Sackboy, and Riptor.

[Rerate] Concept: League of Legends rep x242
Estelle Bright x235
[Rerate] Carmen Sandiego x231
Tetra x230
Senator Armstrong x200
Sackboy x180
Riptor x180

200 - 151

Corvo Attano x175
Todd Snap x175
Kaede Akamatsu x170
Meat Boy x170
Stage: Bowser's Castle x167

150 - 101

Boss: Rayquaza x150

Rean Schwarzer x140
Junpei (Zero Escape) x140
Mii Costume: Monika x135
[Rerate] Louie x135
[Rerate] Yuri Lowell x130
Mii Costume: Alex Kidd x128
Boss: Ender Dragon x123
Echo (Bowser) x123

[Rerate] Crash Bandicoot x120
D.Va x115
Mii Costume: 2B x110

Conker x110
Fulgore x107
[Rerate] Officer Howard x105

100 - 51

Stage: Tetris x100

Concept: Virtual idols like Hatsune Miku x100
Giygas x90
Legends Trainer x90
Gunvolt x90
Concept: Darksiders rep x80
[Rerate] Concept: New Zelda character x80

Concept: Danganronpa protagonist x80
[Rerate] Tails x80
Garchomp x77
Concept: More ATs as one new item x75
Dwight Fairfield (Dead by Daylight) x75
Concept: Rocket League rep x75

Concept: SNES-era Final Fantasy rep x75
Echo (Olimar) x66
Magolor x65
Ghirahim x60
[Rerate] Zhao Yun x60
Gooigi x55
Vi (Bug Fables) x55
Echo: Zeraora (Lucario) x55
[Rerate] Jin Kazama x55
Jin Sakai
x55
Demi-Fiend x55

50 - 25

Ratchet & Clank x50
[Rerate] Agumon x45
Mii Costume: Zagreus x40

Springtrap x35
Filia (Skullgirls) x31
Plague Knight x30
Concept: Large and Normal Final Destination made into separate stages x25
[Rerate] Reimu x25

Under 25

Regigigas x20
[Rerate] Metal Sonic x20

[Rerate] Earthworm Jim x16
Yarn Yoshi x15
[Rerate] Shovel Knight x15
Captain Charlie (Pikmin) x15

Concept: Crazy Taxi character x15
Tetris x10
Slash Kamei (Snowboard Kids) x10
Jesse (Control) x10
Infernape x10
[Rerate] Gex x10
[Rerate] Concept: Echo Fighters Pass x10
[Rerate] Q*Bert x10
[Rerate] Ryu Hayabusa x10
Octoling x10

[Rerate] Gene x10
[Rerate] Brian x7
Concept: Rocket League content x5
[Rerate] Thrall x5
[Rerate] Lara Croft x5
Stage: Tetris 99 x5
Concept: Raizing shmup rep x5
Donbe and Hikari x5
Soma Cruz x5
Concept: KOS-MOS with T-elos alt x5
[Rerate] Master Hand x5
Pyramid Head x5
[Rerate] Elma x5
Siris (Infinity Blade) x5
[Rerate] Phoenix Wright x5

Concept: Tsukihime rep x5
Echo: Ms. Pac-Man x5
Firebrand x1

Conker hops past 100 noms.

Reimu and Plague Knight escape the under 25 club.

Jomosensual Jomosensual Might want to edit your noms.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
never heard of pizza tower so ill have to abstain. now as we're about a month away from potentially learning the last two characters so i dont think ill be able to get any more characters in the line up before then. so ill just help out some others, my 5 noms go to todd hot stuff snapp

also Sari Sari might i suggest this video for the grunty day? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELRgkRMkj6w

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Peppino

This is another one of those "why" suggestions: as in, why would Nintendo pick this? I'm pretty sure most people have never even heard of this game (I know I hadn't prior to this). Plus, the game isn't even out yet, only having some demo builds. How can we be sure this game sticks the landing? On top of that, this game was CLEARLY not designed with the Japanese market in mind, judging from the artstyle. Given that Nintendo is inherintly biased towards their home country, that's not a good thing.

Abstain on want. I know nothing about this game. Though, no offense, but that artstyle does not look pleasent to me at all.

Nominations: Concept: Danganronpa protagonist xMax

AirMac1

Smash Journeyman
Why the heck would Nintendo put him in? His game isn’t even out yet!

Want: 60%
I’ve never heard of the game until now, but a character from a game based on Wario Land would be cool.

Prediction: Concept: Miles Edgeworth as Phoenix Wright's Alt/Echo: 5%

Nominations: Concept: Crazy Taxi rep xMAX

Lyncario

Smash Ace
Pepino bambino randomo spanisho-liko wordo thato aro justo randomo wordos witho os ato tho endo

His game isn't even out yet. And this is not like with Roy where they can shill him into Smash because he's first party and his game got delayed, no, his game doesn't have plan to be put on the Switch, so literaly what kind of world could be the one where he could be put into Smash over literaly anyone? Like how could he possibly get in? This is not even a "perhaps there's a timeline", no, he's just not possible with out set of informations. Like, just no.

Want: Abstain

I barely know anything about him or his game, so I feel like it would be way too unfair to give him an ultra low want score. His game isn't even out yet, and he's getting absolutely destroyed in both categories right now from what I see and for good reasons too, so that's what little mercy I can give him.

Nominations

Virtual idols like Miku x5

Prediction

Edgeworth as Phoenix Wright's echo/alt: 4.2%

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Peppino

Chance: 0% -
I feel very confident in giving this score. Pizza Tower, while definitely known, isn't even finished yet. Nintendo more than likely will not promote an unfinished indie game from a franchise that hasn't made a name for itself yet. Furthermore, outside of a general lack of fan demand, Peppino has loads of indie competition, with titans like Quote not even in yet and other indies larger than it being his with supporting roles like Mii costumes and Assist Trophies. I don't know what else to say, as awesome as Peppino is, basically everything is stacked against him. He's a non-deconfirmed character that I still feel comfortable giving a 0 to.

Want: 10% - I do have to take a off quite a few points here, unfortunately. Not only for competition with Quote, but because his game isn't finished yet, and a game that isn't even finished shouldn't get representation over so many bigger options. Though it's a shane, because Peppino would bring a surprising amount of things to the table. A colorful stage with hectic music sounds extremely fun, and Peppino himself would undoubtedly have a lot of personality in his animations! Plus he'd bring, in a way, more Wario Land representation. Pizza Tower is a spiritual successor of the Wario Land series, and given how more and more of Wario Land is scrubbed away from Smash in favor of WarioWare, Pizza Tower would restore some of that balance and energy! And there's no PeppinoProgram to mess it up down the line! So while I still have to give Peppino a tragic low score due to competition and the incomplete nature of his game, with stuff like Rean or another Fire Emblem rep being on the table and making my gut feel queasy, I think I'll excuse myself and order an extra large pizza instead!

Nominations:
[Rerate] Louie x10

Predictions:
Miles Edgeworth alt/echo - 4.94% - Based on our Coco and Curly ratings

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
I have to abstain on this, For as much as i have interest in Pizza Tower, the fact that we are rating a character whose game has not been even released yet is just absurd to me.

Although i would admit, his cartoony over the top design and aesthetic would be such a welcome change of pace from all the characters we are getting. (like Pyra, Seph, Byleth, etc) and he fills the Wario Land hole in my heart.

and yeah, i would prefer him over Reimu too, but at least she has had her games released.

Speaking of indies i would rather have:
NOMS:
Gunvolt X5

BlueEyedGrimmbat

Smash Apprentice
Peppino (Can't think of a joke for this one):

At least Arknights has been out for a year.
Aside from the gigantic obstacle of "not even being released yet", Peppino is an indie, which puts him in the same field as a lot of tough competitors, chief among them Reimu and Quote. Pizza Tower has barely even been heard of. Peppino has nothing in his favor aside from hsi wacky appearance.

Want: 1%
Game hasn't even been released? No. I don't want another Corrin.
Indie? Reimu. I would rather die than see Peppino get in before Reimu or any other deserving indie rep.
I don't even like WarioWare/Wario Land stuff that much, but I can say for sure that I would NOT want this poor pizza guy getting in. I'll give him 1% because he looks funny, but that's it.

Noms: Corvo x10

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
Correct. We're just rating the character on their chance/want of becoming playable. The only exceptions would be if a specification is added, so something like "Concept: Pizza Tower content", "Concept: Peppino Mii Costume", etc.

Of course you can still add a comment like "they'll probably only get in as a spirit" and such.
Thanks for clarification.

Peppino

Chance: 5%. While the chance of him being playable is very low, the chance of him being a spirit and/or Mii Costume would be low but plausible. With that said, we have seen unlikely characters get in, but for Indie reps, I see Shantae and Shovel Knight getting in first.

Want: 55%. He would be fun to play as however, and I can see him encounter characters including Banjo and Kazooie, Sonic, Steve, Wario and Toon Link, amoung multiple other cartoony characters. Overall, he would make a good Smash Bros rep, and we do need more cartoony characters in Smash.

Prediction: Edgeworth as a Phoenix Echo (5%)

Noms: 5 for Boss: Rayquaza
Just curious, are you factoring Mii/Spirit chance into this? I remember you saying you do that for all this time.

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Simple, I have seen several requested characters become Mii Costumes and/or spirits (Sans, Zacian and Zemazenta, Impa (Age of Calamity), Cuphead, Jill and Leon, Arthur, Travis, Geno (again), Tifa, Monster Hunter and Heihachi (again), just to name a few, and given that some choices are rather unexpected, or are there to promote a new game, that is why I give them a chance for a Mii Costume and/or Spirit

Yiptap

Smash Lord
AYO THE PIZZA'S HERE

This has got to be one of the easiest ratings yet. First off, Peppino's an indie. There are several other indies with a better chance than Peppino, like Shantae, Quote, Frisk, etc. Plus, all those have a better relationship with Nintendo than Peppino. Oh wait, Pizza Tower doesn't even have a relationship with Nintendo! Pizza Tower hasn't even come out yet, and there are no plans to release it on a Nintendo platform. Oh yeah... PIZZA TOWER ISN'T EVEN OUT YET! I just can't see this happening at all. Not even a Mii Costume or Spirit seems likely. I am very careful to never say a character is impossible, but this literally is impossible. I am not afraid to say this.

Pizza Tower seems really neat. That's all I can say. Pizza Tower just seems a bit over saturated, to be honest (nowhere near as bad as Among Us). In some places, people seem to reference Pizza Tower everywhere (I can confirm it's not Smashboards). Plus, I would prefer any other indie than Peppino (subject to change). I don't have anything against Pizza Tower, just don't think it's worthy of a spot in Smash.

Edgeworth: 6%

Noms: Meat Boy x 10

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
The guy's called pickle, funniest **** I've ever seen

For one, the game isn't out yet. As far as I'm aware, the game exists only as a demo so far. There's no announced release date. And it's not even planned to be on Switch. There's no way around it: this is impossible.

I wanted to wait to rate this for one reason: I promised Ninja I'd play the Pizza Tower demo on Peppino's day. It seemed like a game I'd like, what with the Wario Land influence. And so today I went on the website and found out that the demo is only out for Windows.

I can't play it. Which leaves only principles to decide on whether Peppino is a yay or a nay. And it's 100% a nay. I can't in good faith give any points to a game that's not out, that most people online will have never heard of, and that I can't even play by myself.

Noms: Todd Mother****ing Snap x10
Miles Edgeworth prediction: 10%? I can see him surprising

Inue Houji

Purplish Wig
Peppino
Game still isn't officially released. That's basically all that needs to be said.

Want: Abstain
Never heard of Pizza Tower until today. Apparently it's a Wario Land clone?
Unsure what he would bring that Wario doesn't. Even if he did, I'm hesitant on including games that are still in development.

Predictions
Edgeworth echo: 1.6%

Nominations
Ratchet & Clank x5

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Alright, here we go!

MAMA MIAAAA-
Chance: 0%:pizza Tower, while the full game is nearly complete, is not out yet, and won't be for quite a bit of time. And while yes, Peppino did get an assist role in Fraymakers' original trailer, which is decently large and shows his importance, he still is from an unreleased game, something only Roy shares a factor with, and Binding Blade was delayed; he was intended to start in that first and get into smash second, not the other way around. And even if Pizza Tower was out, he still has an uphill battle due to being an indie; not even a super large one at that. Shovel Knight, Quote, Shantae, The Knight, hell even Freddy Fazbear are all far more important to indies as a whole then Peppino, so I doubt he even crossed the minds of a sole developer of Super Smash Brothers Ultimate, let alone Masahiro Sakurai or the rest of the smash team.
Want:100%
I love Pizza Tower. Wario Land is a franchise that means a lot to me, as one of my favorite platforming franchises. And this game is heavily inspired by it, and even if it wasn't; There's a ton of moveset potential,from his grabs to his shoulder bash to his punches to his various transformations. That's not even getting nto the incredible soundtrack, as well as the stage potential. On top of that, there's a lot of good spirits and in general, an indie rep is stellar. Yes, I'd prefer other indies, but I'd love rep for an obscure pick paying homage to a franchise that Smash Bros seems to not care much about. So yes, I'd adore this idea; there's a reason I nominated it just beyond wanting to get y'all to play and think about this game.
Nominations: Springtrap x5

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Day over.

Rate Concept: Miles Edgeworth as Phoenix Wright's Alt/Echo.

Predict Bill Rizer from Contra.

Megadoomer Megadoomer

-----

Some songs to get into the prosecuting mood:

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Mile's Edge worth how much?

Chances 70% (echo), 5% (alt)

Again, just like with Curly last time I'm dividing it between him being an alt and him being an echo without minding the chances of an echo fighter as a whole. I've been playing the original Ace Attorney trilogy lately and I'm on the second game which is enough to know about Edgeworth. He is Phoenix's rival and the one that motivate him to become a lawyer, he is the son of Gregory Edgeworth who's a famous defense attorney but after he died he was raised by Von Karma and trained to become a prosecutor with a grudge against criminal by dropping a guilty verdict without giving them proof of innocence.
From this short summary we know that he is an opposing force to Phoenix and this is not the first time that an antagonistic character be the echo of the protagonist as shown by D Samus and Pit, what makes me put him above Apollo or Athena is that he is part of the original cast and even star in his own spin-off game called "Ace Attorney Investigation" which was meant to star Ema Skye as the main character but passed off because, frankly Edgeworth is more popular according to feedback from the fans and this is was made around when the series is still fresh with Apollo Justice being a newly developed game on the DS other than the ports of the trilogy.
As for an alt i have to drop a 5% on this, in terms of body type they are pretty much the same with their broad shoulders but what makes this unlikely is because Phoenix has 2 appearance that he could use an an alt like Ike, and just like Ike it's his younger and older version.

Want: 80%
I love Ace Attorney as a game and Edgeworth is one of my favorite character in the series while he is doomed to not have a unique moveset at least he's in so I'm fine.

Prediction: Bill Contra 10,7%

Last edited:

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
Chance: 10%

This is assuming Phoenix Wright gets in at all. With the last Capcom Mii wave, things aren't looking good for Capcom rep in general. If Capcom character was on the line, they would've pushed Pyra/Mythra to like CP10 or 11. Still, Capcom has many other characters to fill Mii slots, so one can argue that there is room for more. I admit I showed double standard when I predicted Agumon. Now, I am starting to take that back. Phoenix himself has tons of competition within Capcom. Sure, Hunter is out of running, but that Mii wave still puts more doubt than hope. On plus side, Phoenix and Edgeworth have the same bodytype, so there is little to no difficulty at all for making echo. They mostly share the same gimmick with few differences here and there.

Want: 90%

Edgeworth is a cool character with lots of character development throughout the series. His spinoffs are great except the second one hasn't been localized
He would be echo that is essential yin as Phoenix would be yang. Overall, I would gladly accept him into the roster.

Conker x 10 (paying back favor)

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
OW the EDGE(worth)

Chance: 70% (Echo), 5% (alt)

Phoenix is a defense attorney, while Edgeworth is a prosecutor. I don't think the two would really work as alts, mainly because of how different the two are in terms of personality.

An Echo Fighter is the best I see for Edgeworth. Maybe, being a prosecutor, Edgeworth's would focus more on attack or something.

Bill Rizer: 30%

Noms:
[Rerate] Crash Bandicoot ×5

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The true Ace Attorney
tumblr_c71b83e757f524f2b1bbfb3f80dc56fd_f46a67a2_1280.png

Chance: 1% I think .5 ratings are ****ing ridiculous so I'm using the alt rating here, after all, everyone knows we're not getting echoes this time around, this does rely on Nick's inclusion, but the final desicion depends entirely on how Sakurai would end up handling Nick, specifically, if Maya's involved like MvC and PXZ as Miles and Maya aren't fitting. There's also the possibility that Sakurai shares my stance on the courtroom couple, that being...

Want: 50% I'm combining my individual scores for alt and echo as it's 2 different things, I would not like an alt as Edgeworth's general brand of sillyness is too different from his husband's to work properly, case and point, when both get harassed by animals, Nick chooses to settle things man to monkey while Edgeworth just points and says "Stop that this instant!". Out of excitement for GAA, I decided to replay the entire AA series and even give Investigations a go, falling in love with both games with AAI2 potentially being a new favourite, even if I called the main villain's identity, so I really would hate an alt which would lose a lot of Edgeworth's charm, especially as Nick is at his best when he's an absolute goofball, I cannot see Edgeworth in Smash sneezing, falling on his ass, having the classic cold sweat animation, etc and if he's not getting an echo that changes the moves and taunts to more fitting alternatives, I don't want it, it's too big of a disservice to the most developed character in the series

Junpei x5
Estelle x5

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Miles Edgeworth as a Phoenix Echo

Chance: 5%. First of all, Phoenix would have to get in first before Miles gets in as an Echo. Even then, the fighter’s that joined DLC don’t have echoes joining them, so Mile’s chance is quite low. Same case scenario if he were an alt for Phoenix.

Want: 50%. He would be just as fun to play with as Phoenix, and I see them get into a courtroom fight, assuming the courtroom is a stage. Overall, Miles would make a decent Echo fighter of Phoenix.

Prediction: Bill Rizer (5%)

Noms: 5 for Garchomp

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
the two tailed fox! what? oh that miles

chances: 0% I don't think we're getting any echoes. my instinct is that these are our last two characters and i just dont see either of them being echoes. we dont even have nick in yet and what are the odds that that the last character will be an echo of the one before them? now of course theres the old idea of him being a bonus character with nick but i dont see that happening. as for an alt there are many other characters whod be better suited.

want: 0% ive got nothing against miles but no thanks. there are other characters i think would be much better suited as nick's echo. i just dont see any appeal in having him. certainly wouldnt him as an alt either. im mostly against alt characters and the exceptions are few and far between. i just dont see any reason.

nom todd snap x10

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Miles Edgeworth

Chance: 0.1%
With all the Capcom costumes we got alongside Pyra, I don't see a Capcom character happening for this pass. I feel like they would've been released alongside the Capcom character instead of with Pyra/Mythra. I know you could say that they did it now because of Monster Hunter releasing that month, though I feel like they could've just revealed the Capcom character then and have Pyra revealed later. Even if we were to get one then Phoenix Wright would still have to compete with a lot of big names like Chun-Li.

Now if "Ace Attorney is coming to Smash Bros" got leaked and I had to rate Edgeworth's chances on that alone, I'd give him a 20% chance of an echo and a 0% chance as an alt. He'd make a lot of sense as an echo but echoes have pretty much been ditched for whatever reason. I don't see a big character like Edgeworth being a Hero-type of alt. It'd be like making Ken a Ryu alt which would just be weird.

Want: 100%
I love the Ace Attorney games and I feel like Edgeworth would be the best candidate to be Wright's echo. Maybe they could have it where Wright is better defensively and Edgeworth better offensively (corresponding to their professions). But yeah I would definitely prefer this as an echo and not as an alt.

-----

Bill Rizer chance prediction: 10.00%

Nominations:
Conker x10

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Your honor. Mario will never be ballin
Chance: 0.5%
I have my doubts we will see another Capcom rep at this point. Even if we will get one, it doesn't necessarily have to be Nick. Though if he did happen, Edgeworth would certainly be plausible. Likely moreso as an alt, unless they really wanted to remember echoes were a thing just for Miles. It would likely require Wright's moveset not to have much goofy stuf in it.

Want: Abstaining

Bill Rizer: 8.85%
Plague Knight x5

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Updating the autopsy report intensifies

Chance: 10%

Let me get this out of the way first. I still think we could get a Capcom character since their candidates tend to be E3-worthy picks and Nintendo could have decided to place the character at E3 since they would fit more appropriately at E3 rather than in a general Nintendo direct.

Moving onto Edgeworth, since I am doubtful of DLC echoes I will be mostly rating this with the assumption that he will be an alt. Now from what I am seeing from the others on here, it looks like I will be in the minority. Hear me out. I understand that Edgeworth is quite different from Phoenix, being a prosecutor, having different mannerisms and reacting to stuff differently from him. But once again I bring up how Byleth and especially Steve push the boundaries of what can be considered an alt. The Endermen and zombies are quite different from Steve and normally can't do the things that Steve can do. You also have Byleth who has different taunts and victory animations.

Now, this also depends on how they handle Phoenix's moveset. If they make his moveset goofy such as having him trip over or, as Gwen pointed out, if they included Maya then it would not be a proper fit for Edgeworth, unless they change some moves which at that point they may not even bother with Edgeworth at all. But if they lean towards Phoenix doing strictly lawyerly things then yeah I can see Edgeworth happening as an alt.

But this is all assuming that we get Phoenix in the first place. While I am still confident in Capcom, I am expecting other characters for E3 and as for CP11 I am keeping my expectations super low for that spot. Phoenix does have the benefit of being the top Capcom candidate alongside Dante and Chun-Li, and Ace Attorney does have a new game coming out which combined with the series' history on Nintendo platforms, provides some incentive for Nintendo to choose Phoenix. But even if Phoenix is chosen, there are the above factors which could stop Edgeworth from happening and again I can't see them doing DLC echoes at this stage.

Want: 100%

Phoenix is my second most wanted character so I would be overjoyed by any kind of Ace Attorney content. If they play their cards right, Edgeworth's personality could shine through even as an alt. And I have to say, Edgeworth is freakin awesome. I love his smug and bold demeanor which is a nice juxtaposition between him and Phoenix's more comical and humble personality. Having him as an alt or echo might also increase the chances of us getting AA Investigations music which is one of my favorite OSTs in the series (Which is saying a lot).

Prediction: Bill Rizer - 13%
I'm hoping that I can convince people that he does have a decent chance. Also I hope that more people have played Contra since its last rating.

Noms: Yuri Lowell x10

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Miles Edgeworth as alt/echo

Chance: 5% -
The big if being if we get Phoenix at all! I'm not counting a Capcom rep out just yet, since the last Mii wave was for promotional reasons, but it's not looking as good as it was before. There's also the fact that there haven't been and likely won't be any DLC echoes. Though, if the stars align and Phoenix gets in, Edgeworth I'd say stands the best chance as an alt or an echo. Animations wouldn't be a huge deal, Byleth shows that even alts can have alternate animations so the difference in Edgeworth's mannerisms (in contrast to Phoenix's goofiness) isn't a huge issue. Though I still think that Edgeworth would be better suited for an echo since he'd likely have drastic enough differences with his animations that an alt wouldn't have enough capacity (then again it really depends on how animations are added to alts. From my experience with Brawl modding, Brawl alts are, as far as I could tell, just copies of the model with different textures, so there's multiple copies of a model in the files, so each one could potentially be given different animations. Ultimate could potentially work in the same way). Plus Phoenix has fitting alts he could use anyway that they'd likely prioritize. They'd also be able to specialize in different stats (Phoenix for defense, Edgeworth for offense), and Sakurai likes to portray characters as accurately as he can, so he'd more than likely see an echo as a better way to portray him. While at the same time, Edgeworth and Phoenix have very similar body types, so unlike, say, Crash and Coco, there's still a lot that could be re-used between the two, and both being lawyers, would more than likely share a lot of attacks. Edgeworth is also the most popular character in the series, rivaling the man in blue himself, and even got his own pair of spinoff games (even though they didn't sell particularly well). Plus he's an original trilogy character, and Capcom adores the trilogy in recent years (in fact most marketing for the series these days uses mostly Trilogy-only content). So Edgeworth is an extremely strong candidate for the spot, if Phoenix has another character tag along with him!

Though there is one other character who I can see potentially taking that spot from Edgeworth, and that would be Mr. Chords of Steel himself, Apollo Justice. While he isn't as popular or prominent as Edgeworth, Apollo has some key advantages that make him a strong contender. He'd be much easier development-wise, and MUCH easier to slot in as an alt slot, let alone an echo. He himself carries a sort of goofy demeanor and has way more similarities to the way Phoenix operates, allowing for more of Phoenix's assets and animations to be used for him, while Edgeworth, while viable, would require some much heavier alterations. He also gets around the issue of potentially no DLC echoes, and if Maya is a part of Phoenix's moveset, Trucy could easily slot in in her place (granted, Edgeworth has Kay Faraday, but a magician is much closer to a spirit medium than a thief is). He's also well-liked in Japan, and one of the only bits of post-Trilogy content (alongside the occasional Klavier) to make it into recent Capcom merchandise and promotional material.

While Apollo has ease of development and potential lack of a requirement to be an echo, Edgeworth still wins out overall due to being much more popular and from the games that Capcom loves to promote. Plus Edgeworth is such an important element of the franchise, it's difficult to leave him out! Still, in the end it depends on whether or not we get Phoenix himself. While those Capcom costumes last wave were discouraging and potentially a blow to his chances, at the same time he's still a very real possibility, and we shouldn't just assume that Chun-li will be the next Capcom fighter.

Want: 100% - Yes please! Been playing the Ace Attorney games over the last few months and am in the middle of Investigations 2 now, and more characters from this great franchise would be awesome! Edgeworth, despite his stoic demeanor, still has some more subtle sillier elements to him that definitely would feel at home in the mix of Smash Bros. Plus I'd love to see how they incorporate elements like logic chess! Granted, Edgeworth would be done absolutely best as his own character (in fact I think he'd be a very popular choice for a second AA rep if Phoenix got in! I've seen some cite Franziska for this since she has a weapon, but Franziska is a very divisive character, and competing against the universally-popular Miles Edgeworth it's no contest for the man in the cravat), but I'd be extremely happy if he got into Smash at all, especially if he got a super cool double-reveal trailer with Phoenix! It'd be super fun to see them both fight together and duke it out on the battlefield, and having him come with Phoenix be a great way to add even more meat to the representation of a franchise with such close Nintendo ties!

Nominations:
[Rerate] Louie x5
Captain Charlie x5

Predictions:
Bill Rizer - 12.35% - With Ryu Hayabusa gone I've noticed that it's become popular to predict other notable NES characters, so I'm expecting some decent scores.

Last edited:

Pillow

Smash Lord
Edgeworth Alt
Chance - 5% (Assuming Phoenix is a character)
Honestly, the biggest shot Edgeworth has here is that he shares a very similar body shape to Phoenix. Generally speaking, that's enough to qualify a popular character to be an echo. But Phoenix has a bunch of gimmicks that would be unique to him that simply would not suit Edgy - the Magatama stuff, anything involving Maya, just silly poses like sneezing. Basically, I'm not really seeing him as an alternate skin and I don't think Sakurai would bother doing a full echo for him. Theoretically if Phoenix comes with none of those things, then sure an Edgeworth echo is possible, but it seems strange to think that he wouldn't.

Want - 0 / 100%
Look, I love Edgeworth, I just don't think he's a suitable alternate costume for Phoenix. If he's an echo instead of an alt, with a few different moves, then sure I'm all for it. Otherwise I don't think character movesets should be compromised for the sake of including an alt.

Noms:
xMax Hatsune Miku

Last edited:

Lyncario

Smash Ace
Miles Edgeworth, or as we frenchies call him, Benjamin Hunter.

Chances: 0%

This goes for both alt and echo. Why a straight up 0? Because for echoes I believe it's just out of the picture entirely, even with the url theory that I don't thin k is likely to be a ifghter in the first place and if it is one then it would be a promotional first party pick rather than a echo, and I just thin kthat fighters beyond FP2 are dead, even echoes, and it makes absolutely no sense outside of both Phoenix and Edgeworth being main characters in Ace Attorney for Edgeworth to be an alt. If any Ace Attorney character would be an alt of Phoenix Wright alongside him, it would be Appolo, not Edgeworth, since he's the defendant that has the most in common with him, and while Edgeworth has a more similar body type, that's all he has, literaly everything else goes against him being an alt for Phoenix. While he's extremly popular with AA fans, I do not think at all that Sakurai and his team would think of making him an alt for Phoenix.

Want

As an alt: 0%

No.

As an echo: 95%

Edgeworth is an amazing rival for Phoenix Wright, he's one of the best Capcom has ever made, alongside Vergil, and even when you expand the scope to all of gaming, he's still one of the greatest (mainly because Capcom does amazing rivals when they want to, like really, there's a reason as to why video essays analizing rivals almost always talk about both Vergil and Edgeworth), and if he were to be a more offensive echo of Phoenix, representing how he is as a prosecutor and a character in Ace Attorney, while also making it a nod as to how he's like the Ken to Phoenix's Ryu in this way, it would be just amazing, and he would be so fun. Being an more aggresive echo of Phoenix is what Edgeworth would need to be to feel like himself in Smash, as it would show not only the similarities but also differences between the two and how they are in Ace Attorney, which would just be oh so great. We could also get content from Ace Attorney Investigations, which is Edgeworth own mini side series, and it could maybe have Capcom push an international release of them, which would be amazing, but even if it doesn't we would still see stuff from it, which would still be great. An echo of Phoenix Wright really is what Miles Edgeworth deserves and would need if he were to get into Smash, and it would really be great.

Nominations

Virtual idols like Miku x10

Predictions

Nill Rizer: 16.4%

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
With the last Capcom Mii wave, things aren't looking good for Capcom rep in general. If Capcom character was on the line, they would've pushed Pyra/Mythra to like CP10 or 11.
I know you could say that they did it now because of Monster Hunter releasing that month, though I feel like they could've just revealed the Capcom character then and have Pyra revealed later.
You're saying that Nintendo would have moved up a fighter just to match them with a pair of promotional Mii Costumes? That seems kind of backwards, if not outright impossible, given how late Mii Costumes are apparently picked and the fact that it would require releasing a character at least 3 months before schedule.

Top Bottom