• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

BlueEyedGrimmbat

Smash Apprentice
Abstain. Never heard of it.

Noms: Corvo Attano x5

Predictions: Trevor: 0.76%

(Also I just noticed that I predicted Garchomp for some reason last time. Wut?)

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Rallen from Spectrobes

Chance: 0%
If Nintendo goes to Disney for a character it won't be Rallen. It'd be Sora. Even if the last two characters were both Disney it's not like their roster of gaming IP ends with Kingdom Hearts. They own the entire LucasArts catalogue with games such as Monkey Island, Grim Fandango and Day of the Tentacle available. Spectrobes was, and I quote, "a commercial success" but it has been forgotten by gamers and Disney alike.

Want: 0%
I have never played Spectrobes. Honestly as a huge Disney nerd, I probably would enjoy it and I'll consider it down the line. But, uh, I love all the franchises I mentioned in the chance section. Those are deserving of a Smash characters, Spectrobes... not so much. If and when Sora and Guybrush and Manny are in Smash, then sure, I can consider Rallen.

Noms: Todd Mother****ing Snap x10
Trevor prediction: 5%

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Concept: Miles Edgeworth as Phoenix Wright's Alt/Echo x290
Bill Rizer x270
Mike Haggar x265
Concept: A BioShock protagonist x251
[Rerate] Concept: League of Legends rep x242
Estelle Bright x235
Tetra x230
Ryza (Atelier) x230
Grunty (Banjo-Kazooie) x230
Concept: From Software rep x230

250 - 201

[Rerate] Carmen Sandiego x225

200 - 151

Senator Armstrong x200
Sackboy x180
Kaede Akamatsu x170

Riptor x160
Stage: Bowser's Castle x157
Corvo Attano x155

150 - 101

Boss: Rayquaza x145

Meat Boy x140
Mii Costume: Monika x135
Todd Snap x135
Mii Costume: Alex Kidd x128
[Rerate] Louie x125
Boss: Ender Dragon x123
Echo (Bowser) x118
D.Va x115
Mii Costume: 2B x110

Junpei (Zero Escape) x108
Fulgore x107
[Rerate] Officer Howard x105

100 - 51

Stage: Tetris x100

[Rerate] Crash Bandicoot x100
Giygas x90
Legends Trainer x90
Gunvolt x90
Concept: Darksiders rep x80
[Rerate] Concept: New Zelda character x80

Garchomp x77
Concept: More ATs as one new item x75
Dwight Fairfield (Dead by Daylight) x75
Concept: Rocket League rep x75

Concept: Virtual idols like Hatsune Miku x75
Rean Schwarzer x70
Echo (Olimar) x66
Concept: SNES-era Final Fantasy rep x65
Magolor x65
Ghirahim x60
[Rerate] Zhao Yun x60

[Rerate] Tails x60
Gooigi x55
Vi (Bug Fables) x55
Echo: Zeraora (Lucario) x55
[Rerate] Jin Kazama x55
Jin Sakai x55

50 - 25

Demi-Fiend x45

Concept: Danganronpa protagonist x45
[Rerate] Yuri Lowell x45
[Rerate] Agumon x40
Mii Costume: Zagreus x40
Filia (Skullgirls) x31
Concept: Large and Normal Final Destination made into separate stages x25

Conker x25

Under 25

Regigigas x20
[Rerate] Metal Sonic x20

Ratchet & Clank x20
Yarn Yoshi x15
[Rerate] Shovel Knight x15
Captain Charlie (Pikmin) x15

Springtrap x15
Tetris x10
Slash Kamei (Snowboard Kids) x10
Jesse (Control) x10
Infernape x10
[Rerate] Gex x10
[Rerate] Concept: Echo Fighters Pass x10
[Rerate] Q*Bert x10
[Rerate] Ryu Hayabusa x10
Octoling x10
[Rerate] Reimu x10

[Rerate] Gene x10
[Rerate] Earthworm Jim x8
[Rerate] Brian x7
Concept: Rocket League content x5
[Rerate] Thrall x5
[Rerate] Lara Croft x5
Stage: Tetris 99 x5
Concept: Raizing shmup rep x5
Donbe and Hikari x5
Soma Cruz x5
Concept: KOS-MOS with T-elos alt x5
[Rerate] Master Hand x5
Pyramid Head x5
[Rerate] Elma x5
Siris (Infinity Blade) x5
[Rerate] Phoenix Wright x5

Concept: Crazy Taxi character x5
Concept: Tsukihime rep x5
Echo: Ms. Pac-Man x5
Firebrand x1

Estelle Bright rejoins the fray in sixth place! Which means... seventh place is a four-way tie between Tetra, Ryza, Grunty and From Software rep! The dream still lives...

Riptor and Corvo Attano sneak past 150 noms.

Junpei zero escapes out of the under-100 room.

Conker conquers the under 25 club.

Today's new nominees are Concept: Tsukihime rep and Echo: Ms. Pac-Man, with 5 noms each.

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Rallen (Crap! I extended the day another 24 hours!)

It's been said countless times before: Disney. Disney owns Spectrobes, and knowing Disney, they're a hard nut to crack. I shouldn't just trust rumors left and right, but I believe that Disney genuinely rejected Sora's inclusion. And unlike Spectrobes, Kingdom Hearts has a great legacy. Although it was popular when it first came out, Spectrobes has kind of become forgotten. Plus, there isn't enough support for Rallen for a surprise comeback.

I wouldn't be mad by Rallen getting in, but I wouldn't be happy neither. As annoying as Sora fans can be, I'm still willing to recognize Kingdom Hearts's importance in gaming. And Spectrobes? I had to research that game so I could know who I was freaking rating. I don't want to sound petty, but to me, this feels a bit like a waste of a spot.

Trevor: 5%

Noms: Meat Boy x Max

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
The stereotypical angry desert guy

Chance: 10%

Out of all the GTAs, GTA 5 is one of the most likely ones to get a character. It's the most recent game, it made a **** ton of money and blew out into the mainstream to the point where few games can match its sheer popularity and iconic level, and it sold decently in Japan, in fact it's the second western game ever to get a perfect score on Famitsu (The first being Skyrim). Now, as for who they would choose as the GTA 5 rep, I could actually see them making the 3 main characters alts. Byleth and Steve have pushed the boundaries of what is considered an alt and overall Trevor, Michael, and Franklin would be very similar, they would just have to change their voices, some of their voice lines, victory screens, and taunts. They already did most of that for Byleth so I can see them doing the same for a game that has 3 main characters and doesn't really show favoritism towards one.

But if we do get just one character, well Michael and Trevor seem to be the more popular characters from the trio and I think it would just be a toss-up in that scenario. As for them translating Trevor's personality into Smash, I don't think it's that much of an issue. They don't need to make him swear or have him be drinking to show off his crazy and sporadic personality. I think they could accomplish that with his animations showing off his aggressiveness and they can make him do whatever silly thing they can come up with through taunts. For his moveset, he has his trusty gasoline and lighter which can be used as stage control and there is an assortment of guns that haven't been featured in Smash yet so having him running around with guns alone would make him unique. Heck, they could even incorporate his ability which allows him to take more damage while dealing more damage. As for GTA not fitting in with Smash, again the characters are unstable to say the least so they would be wacky and we already have realistic people in Smash.

But there are some caveats to this. First, this is assuming we get a GTA 5 rep in the first place. San Andreas in particular is iconic too and was a groundbreaking game for its time. And of course there are other popular games in the series too like Vice City and GTA 4, plus GTA 3 which changed gaming forever. But the biggest detractor is Rockstar and Nintendo's relationship which I've talked about before so I'll keep it short. The last game from Rockstar to Nintendo was L.A Noire in 2017 and we haven't heard a single word from them since then. Nintendo is much closer to other western companies so even with Rockstar's sheer magnitude of success, it's hard for me to see them being the one western company chosen for a character.

Want: 60%

While I would prefer CJ to be the GTA rep, I would be happy with Trevor too. He is a crazy as bat**** character and would be hilarious. GTA 5 is a great game and a scrolling stage where you get to explore all of Los Santos while fighting would be great.

Prediction - Bimmy and Jimmy - 8%

Noms: Yuri Lowell x10

Last edited:

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Trevor

Chance: 10%. Given how popular Grand Theft Auto is, a rep being in the game is quite likely. However, I see CJ getting in over Trevor for the Grand Theft Auto Rep, but that does not mean that Trevor won’t get in.

Want: 50%. He would be fun to play as, and I can see him, Snake, Bayonetta and Joker have a free for all fight. Overall, he would make a decent smash Bros rep.

Prediction: Billy and Jimmy (10%)

Noms: 5 for Boss: Rayquaza

Lyncario

Smash Ace
Abstain, my opinion on GTA5 is a massive I don't care at all, I don't understand this game or why it's popular, and my knowledge of GTA is pretty much limited to GTA4 Vtuber memes and that it's big.

Nominations

Vitrual idols like Mku x5

Predictions

Billy and Jimmy Lee: 14.5%

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'm gonna abstain, GTA's been on my list of games I should try out for a while and from what I've heard of Trevor I get the feeling I really need to experience him with my own eyes to get a proper opinion as to my understanding, he's like Rorschach, you're supposed to hate him

Junpei x5

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Trevor Philips

Chance: 2%
If we were to ever get a Rockstar Games rep then I think the safest bets would be a RDR character or Trevor. GTA V is Rockstar's biggest cash cow after all these year (best-selling game in history after Minecraft) so I think if they were to ever talk to Sakurai then they'd go for a rep from that game. They'd have three choices from that game in the form of Michael, Franklin, and Trevor. If they went the Hero alt route then they could probably add all three, but if they had to go with just one then I feel like it'd be Trevor.

While Michael and Franklin are more "protagonisty" than Trevor, I think Trevor would be chosen due to him being more popular, recognizable, and being the only one of the three to play a role in GTA Online (I don't think Michael or Franklin are even mentioned). As for other GTA protagonists, Trevor's only other competition would be Niko, CJ, and I guess Claude. I think Trevor would have priority over all of them due to GTA V's massive success, the issues with Niko and CJ's voice actors, and Claude sort of being a bland standalone choice that would be better suited for a Hero alt situation.

Alas, the chances of us getting a GTA rep to begin with are super low due to all of the issues surrounding it such as its controversy, Western status, and other issues. But if Nintendo were to ever pick a character from the most successful game not yet in Smash then I could see Trevor happening.

Want: 65%
This is a hard score to give because while I really do like the GTA series, Trevor was never exactly my favorite protagonist. One of the most amusing things about GTA imo is playing as someone who doesn't feel like go on a massive killing spree out of nowhere (like Michael or even Niko). That way when you actually do so, it just seems out of character and all the more hilarious; so like Niko will talk about the cruelties of war and mankind during cutscenes but then he'll run over people in an ice cream truck. Trevor is just naturally crazy so I find doing crazy things as him not as amusing as the others. He's definitely my least favorite of the three protagonists in GTA V and to be honest probably in general as well when it comes to the whole series. Plus no way I'd want him over CJ.

That said though, I really enjoyed GTA V's singleplayer despite its faults so I'd be alright with it getting some representation. Plus Trevor as an actual character is hilarious and would still be amusing to play as in Smash.

-----

Billy & Jimmy chance prediction: 7.89%

Nominations:
Conker x10

Last edited:

Pillow

Smash Lord
Trevor Phillips

Chance - 7%
I'm going to simplify Trevor down to "GTA character" so this writeup will pretty much include all the potential GTA protags. To start, GTA is both huge and popular....in the West. I don't know how obscure the franchise is in Japan, but normally I'd give a series a decent shot if it's as popular as GTA is.

To me, the big issue with GTA in Smash is the game itself. While many here disagree, I personally believe that base game content can preclude a series from being in Smash. I think that series like Mortal Kombat and Fate will not be included for similar reasons. While you could argue that Bayonetta is very sexual, and MGS is violent, and Nintendo has 1st party series that are both like Fire Emblem, it isn't portrayed in the same way that sex and violence is in Western games. Coming from an M rated franchise doesn't matter, but there is a line to be drawn where a series is too violent or too sexual. Yeah Bayonetta strips during her animations in her game (and she came to Smash heavily censored) but GTA has you banging hookers in a strip club.

The second issue is that I really don't think GTA characters translate well into a Smash moveset. GTA is zany but not cartoonish, and all the stuff that makes GTA cool wouldn't really present themselves well in a Smash moveset. Sakurai has proved me wrong on this type of thing before (most recently with Steve), but he's also gone on record saying if a character won't be fun or interesting to play he wouldn't make it in a first place. He also seems to have put in a particularly large effort to make Steve work that I don't think he would do for a GTA character.

Of course, GTA is a big enough series to prevail against all its issues. The only real consideration for Smash is whether Nintendo wants a character or not. But I'm just not seeing it here.

Want - 0 - 50%
So my want basically boils down to how interesting Sakurai would make the character. If they look fun and hilarious and very GTA-ish, then I'd be down for it even though I'm not a huge fan of the GTA series. If the character ends up like how I imagine them to be, a balding middle aged dude with modern guns, then I'm not interested at all.

Noms:
xMax FromSoft

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Trevor Phillips

Chance: 1% -
Rockstar's more recent relationship with Nintendo has been rather rocky and we haven't been seeing much from them in recent years on Nintendo systems, so that, along with being a western developer, already make GTA as a whole extremely unlikely. Alongside that, GTA's already extremely controversial as a whole, and Nintendo has to draw a line somewhere. As for Trevor, after reading some of the recent replies I feel like he'd be the most likely protagonist chosen if GTA got a character. The other choices are too bland, and CJ's VA's bad blood with Rockstar may keep him out, and he'd more than likely be Trevor's biggest competition. I originally though CJ would have the edge due to the three-protagonist nature of V, but given the recent write-ups I think Trevor definitely has a step above Michael and Franklin. Either way, though, GTA as a whole is extremely unlikely, so that doesn't bode well for Trevor.

Want: 30% - I certainly wouldn't mind a GTA character, the series as a ton of history and V did surprisingly well in Japan, plus it does have Nintendo representation with Chinatown Wars. I also love the open-world aspect of the games, the things you can explore are honestly super cool. It would also depend on how Trevor's moveset turns out, if he had the destructible vehicle concept I talked about in my CJ write-up he'd be super fun! Though if I were to choose a GTA rep I'd probably choose CJ, as I do have some history with him. Furthermore, with only two slots left there's other franchises I'd much rather see.

Nominations:
Concept: Miles Edgeworth as Phoenix Wright's alt/echo x5
[Rerate] Louie x5

Predictions:
Billy and Jimmy Lee - 7.02%

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
abstain sinc ei don't want to talk about trevor
Just.No please.
Nominations: Springtrap x5

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Trevor Philips
Chance 0.5%

Let’s start with some positives, as there are quite a few. First off, Rockstar is one of the largest, most influential companies in gaming. They have an enormous catalogue of successful games, and GTA specifically, is one of the most successful franchises in all of gaming, outselling other major franchises like Final Fantasy and Sonic. And GTAV is Rockstar’s most successful game by far. It’s an absolute phenomenon in the West, and not too obscure in Japan either. Along with Skyrim and Ghost of Tsushima, it’s one of only three Western titles to ever receive a perfect Famitsu score of 40/40. That’s pretty amazing. It definitely has an audience over there.

...then we get to the negatives, and oh boy are there some negatives. Rockstar and the GTA series has very little presence on Nintendo platforms, with GTA V being available on literally every console that you can imagine, except for the Wii U and Switch. We have seen characters with minimal connection to Nintendo in the past. Joker and Cloud are two notable examples, but at least in their cases both SMT and FF had plenty of history with Nintendo and both Atlus and SE have always worked very closely with Nintendo on other projects. The same definitely can’t be said about Rockstar, or the GTA series.

The bigger negative is...honestly, GTA in Smash? We’ve seen violent and mature characters before, but would Nintendo really want to represent a series that involves the main protagonists committing realistic crimes in realistic settings? Like really, just take an honest look at Trevor. The man is shown to be a murderer, meth dealer, cannibal, sexual predator, and so many other abhorrent things. He isn’t just a wacky criminal with a few screws loose, he’s a straight up psychopath. There is no way Nintendo would let that man anywhere near Smash. CJ, Michael, or Franklin is one thing, but Trevor? Popular as he might be, he is the most anti-Nintendo character you could imagine. I’m tempted to give him a 0%, but I don’t want to completely discredit the few things he has in in his favor. But yeah, I really don’t see this happening.

Want 30%

Okay, so I’m largely against this idea for the same reasons I believe Nintendo would be against the idea...however, I ****ing love GTA V and there is something slightly charming about the idea of a psychopathic murderer fighting cutesy characters like Pikachu and Kirby...it’s still pretty weird though.

Jimmy & Billy 9.8%
Noms: Demi-Fiend x10

Last edited:

ahemtoday

Smash Ace
Abstain. I don't know much about this, and most of my rating would just be parroting what people more knowledgeable than me have already said.

Noms: 4x Junpei, 1x Earthworm Jim

AirMac1

Smash Journeyman
Chance: 15% GTA is a very popular series, and Trevor would probably be the character that they choose because he’s from the most recent game in his series, like Joker, but I’m GTA has only hasn’t been on a Nintendo console since Chinatown Wars, and GTA isn’t the most requested series.

Want: Abstain

Prediction: Jimmy & Billy 7%

Nomination: Concept: Crazy Taxi rep x10

Last edited:

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
Trevor

Chance: 1%

I think people underestimate the line Nintendo tries to set. It's not just matter of violence and sex. It's theme of crime. No, Persona 5 is not about crime. Murder, drug and crime are are prevalent themes in GTA that no series in Smash has as main theme iirc. It's one of "just because it's popular doesn't mean Nintendo will pursue" cases. Otherwise, they would've put Samus into Fortnite.

Want: Abstain

I finished GTA V campaign. It was nice fun experience, but I never bothered playing GTA Online. I know bringing moveset argument is flawed. I'm sure Sakurai can come up with moveset, but Trevor's overall aesthetic... is less than desirable for Smash setting to be honest. Yeah, he looks more unique than other GTA characters

Nom: Ryza x 10

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Trevor

Chance 5 - Gonna do the good news and bad news game here again. The good news is that we still have E3 coming up. That's a spot where someone like Trevor would get revealed(although oddly enough it seems like he might actually fit better at the VGAs). The bad news is that GTA is a western series who's company had very few ties to Nintendo. Thats a pretty big shot against it. I do think that GTA is big enough to the point where it could overcome that, but the western part is going to be what kills him in the end. There's a chance we get 0 more western reps in Smash. If we do get one I expect it to be someone with stronger Nintendo ties. If anyone can overcome it I think Rockstar and GTA can but I do not expect it.

Want 60 - Leaning positive on this. While I'm not sure I badly feel like I want or need this, I think western gaming should have a bigger presence in Smash. There are quite a few series western series I want in Smash more but I'd accept Trevor, or any GTA character for that matter.

Predictions:
Billy and Jimmy -5.31%

Noms:
Bioshock Protagonist x10

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Otherwise, they would've put Samus into Fortnite.
Actually the courtcase for Epic vs Apple shows that the reason that fell through is because Nintendo bit off more than they could chew last second by demanding more money right before the deal was finalized, Epic had already agreed to program the skin so that it'd only appear on the Switch version unlike the Kratos and Chief ones so Nintendo thought they could take advantage of the special treatment, that's a different scenario than if Nintendo were actively seeking a company out

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
Actually the courtcase for Epic vs Apple shows that the reason that fell through is because Nintendo bit off more than they could chew last second by demanding more money right before the deal was finalized, Epic had already agreed to program the skin so that it'd only appear on the Switch version unlike the Kratos and Chief ones so Nintendo thought they could take advantage of the special treatment, that's a different scenario than if Nintendo were actively seeking a company out
Ah, that explains. Thanks. It's still weird that Nintendo would ask more than Chief and Kratos price tags. Metroid is far below Halo and God of War. I think this also reinforces my view on Trevor's chance. Nintendo doesn't always make best business decision.
Naruto getting rejected should be no brainer if people know how licensing works. Being under single authors and company makes huge difference.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
A hipster

Chance: 7%
GTA has most of the qualities you'd want in a franchise that's a candidate for Smash. It's popular, relevant, iconic, influential, and has been on Nintendo consoles. GTA V in particular has done very well in Japan and I hear its online component is quite popular over there. This (and V's status as the most lucrative entertainment product of all time) lends credence to the idea that if GTA got a rep, it would be from that game. V is the first GTA with multiple protagonists, and it's very hard to argue for any of them being the definitive protagonist. Michael is the one the story's about and the one with the most personal stakes, Franklin's the POV character and the one who makes the decision between the three endings, and Trevor's the most advertised and the character that was designed to fit with how players actually play GTA. With how popular and recognizable he became, and his larger than life personality, Trevor is one of the few characters I could see repping GTA solo (the other being CJ).

However I don't really expect GTA to get a solo rep if it were to join Smash, it's almost guaranteed to be a Hero deal. Despite there being differences in demeanor, armament and mechanics between player characters, it's no more different than in Dragon Quest and they still did the thing there. Trevor would still be a must-have in that scenario, but I wonder... Most other GTA protagonists would require at most different voicelines, but Trevor has a very distinct, animalistic, insane way of moving and attacking. I wouldn't go as far as to call it impossible that they can manage to craft a moveset that looks right on him. But I am struggling to imagine it.

Another thing to consider is the issue with licensing likeness and voice acting. Trevor is, after all, voiced by and modeled after an actor, Steven Ogg, who's been quite busy after GTA (I think he's on Better Call Saul now). Still, he and the other V protagonists are super game about anything related to their roles, they make appearances in conventions and give interviews about them and all that jazz. It's certainly better than CJ and Niko whose VAs had a falling out with Rockstar, or Tommy who's voiced by freaking Ray Liotta (though imagine him fighting Mario holy ****). The only character that wouldn't have to deal with VA problems is Claude (and I guess Huang but he's not getting in), and I don't think Claude would get in solo so I guess it's a mandatory issue to solve and doesn't hurt Trevor's chances.

Want: 90%
Is Trevor my favorite GTA protagonist? Not by a longshot, that would probably go to either Vic, Luis or Huang. Honestly he's probably low on the list solely for killing Johnny. However, Trevor is freaking hilarious and an awesome character. He's the personification of GTA, a maniacal killer, unapologetically provocative and controversial, who hides deep issues and pain behind a veneer of madness. The moment Trevor drives up to Los Santos, and swears he'll find Michael as he overlooks the city? That's gold.

Honestly though if we got GTA in Smash I'd take anyone. I'd be hyped for freaking Claude Speed from 2.

Noms: Todd Mother****ing Snap x10
Lees prediction: 11.27%

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Trevor
Trevor is very unlikely for the same reason I consider any GTA rep unlikely. First is that all the support Rockstar has given to Nintendo systems can be counted on one hand. They still have done jack for the Switch after the LA Noire port and thus I can't imagine Nintendo feeling obligated to work with on Smash. Second ist that I still don't feel that the GTA series, with it's realistic depictions of real world crime, would fit in Smash. I don't see them putting an insane criminal with an AR-15 on the roster, sorry. Also while I don't know much about GTA protags, I do know Trevor is a character who belongs in an insane asylum and basically represents everything Nintendo would avoid putting in to their games. Even if a GTA character happens by some miracle, I still can't see Trevor happening.

I vastly prefer other western third-party characters. I don't find Rockstar to be deserving of a rep. I don't see GTA as a good fit for the game. Lastly, Trevor would not sit right with me with all the stuff I hear about him. There are some boundaries I don't think Smash should cross and adding in the vidya equivalent of Hannibal Lecter is one of them.

Billy and Jimmy: 11.36%
Plague knight x10

BlueEyedGrimmbat

Smash Apprentice
Abstain. I, uh...I really don't know what to say about Trevor.

Noms: Corvo Attano x5

Predictions: Billy and Jimmy Lee: 4.3%

Ooh, Double Dragon, I've heard of it before. Classic beat-em-up series.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Concept: Miles Edgeworth as Phoenix Wright's Alt/Echo x295
Bill Rizer x280
Mike Haggar x265
Estelle Bright x235
Ryza (Atelier) x235
Grunty (Banjo-Kazooie) x235
Concept: From Software rep x235

250 - 201

Tetra x230

200 - 151

Senator Armstrong x200
Sackboy x180
Kaede Akamatsu x170

Riptor x170
Stage: Bowser's Castle x162
Corvo Attano x160

150 - 101

Meat Boy x145
Todd Snap x145
Rean Schwarzer x130
[Rerate] Louie x125
Echo (Bowser) x118

Junpei (Zero Escape) x118
D.Va x115
Fulgore x107

[Rerate] Crash Bandicoot x105

100 - 51

Giygas x90
Legends Trainer x90
Gunvolt x90

Concept: Virtual idols like Hatsune Miku x80
Garchomp x77
Echo (Olimar) x66
Magolor x65
Ghirahim x60
[Rerate] Zhao Yun x60

[Rerate] Tails x60
Gooigi x55
Vi (Bug Fables) x55
[Rerate] Jin Kazama x55
Jin Sakai x55

Concept: Danganronpa protagonist x55
[Rerate] Yuri Lowell x55

50 - 25

Demi-Fiend x45
[Rerate] Agumon x40
Filia (Skullgirls) x31

Conker x30
Ratchet & Clank x25

Under 25

Regigigas x20
[Rerate] Metal Sonic x20

Springtrap x20
Yarn Yoshi x15
Tetris x10
Jesse (Control) x10
Infernape x10
[Rerate] Gex x10
[Rerate] Q*Bert x10
Octoling x10
[Rerate] Reimu x10

[Rerate] Gene x10
Concept: Crazy Taxi character x10
[Rerate] Brian x7
[Rerate] Thrall x5
[Rerate] Lara Croft x5
Donbe and Hikari x5
Soma Cruz x5
[Rerate] Master Hand x5
Pyramid Head x5
[Rerate] Elma x5

Plague Knight x5
Firebrand x1

Everyone in the four-way tie (Ryza, Grunty, From Software rep) except for Tetra reach Estelle Bright and tie for sixth place. Tetra unfortunately is washed overboard.

Crash Bandicoot and Rean Schwarzer dash past 100 noms.

Danganronpa protagonist and Yuri Lowell collect 50 noms.

Ratchet & Clank blast their way out of the under 25 club.

A challenger approaches! It's Plague Knight, with 5 noms.

Pillow

Smash Lord
Concept: Miles Edgeworth as Phoenix Wright's Alt/Echo x295
Bill Rizer x280
Mike Haggar x265
Estelle Bright x235
Ryza (Atelier) x235
Grunty (Banjo-Kazooie) x235
Concept: From Software rep x235

250 - 201

Tetra x230

200 - 151

Senator Armstrong x200
Sackboy x180
Kaede Akamatsu x170

Riptor x170
Stage: Bowser's Castle x162
Corvo Attano x160

150 - 101

Meat Boy x145
Todd Snap x145
Rean Schwarzer x130
[Rerate] Louie x125
Echo (Bowser) x118

Junpei (Zero Escape) x118
D.Va x115
Fulgore x107

[Rerate] Crash Bandicoot x105

100 - 51

Giygas x90
Legends Trainer x90
Gunvolt x90

Concept: Virtual idols like Hatsune Miku x80
Garchomp x77
Echo (Olimar) x66
Magolor x65
Ghirahim x60
[Rerate] Zhao Yun x60

[Rerate] Tails x60
Gooigi x55
Vi (Bug Fables) x55
[Rerate] Jin Kazama x55
Jin Sakai x55

Concept: Danganronpa protagonist x55
[Rerate] Yuri Lowell x55

50 - 25

Demi-Fiend x45
[Rerate] Agumon x40
Filia (Skullgirls) x31

Conker x30
Ratchet & Clank x25

Under 25

Regigigas x20
[Rerate] Metal Sonic x20

Springtrap x20
Yarn Yoshi x15
Tetris x10
Jesse (Control) x10
Infernape x10
[Rerate] Gex x10
[Rerate] Q*Bert x10
Octoling x10
[Rerate] Reimu x10

[Rerate] Gene x10
Concept: Crazy Taxi character x10
[Rerate] Brian x7
[Rerate] Thrall x5
[Rerate] Lara Croft x5
Donbe and Hikari x5
Soma Cruz x5
[Rerate] Master Hand x5
Pyramid Head x5
[Rerate] Elma x5

Plague Knight x5
Firebrand x1

Everyone in the four-way tie (Ryza, Grunty, From Software rep) except for Tetra reach Estelle Bright and tie for sixth place. Tetra unfortunately is washed overboard.

Crash Bandicoot and Rean Schwarzer dash past 100 noms.

Danganronpa protagonist and Yuri Lowell collect 50 noms.

Ratchet & Clank blast their way out of the under 25 club.

A challenger approaches! It's Plague Knight, with 5 noms.
Hey you, Ryza and Grunty stans, do you guys like mind? Smh The nerve of some people honestly...

Inue Houji

Purplish Wig
Another GTA guy
Abstaining, already gave GTA in general a 0%, no protagonist is gonna change that.

Predictions
Bimmy and Jimmy: 4.9%

Nominations
Ratchet & Clank x5

Neosonic97

Smash Journeyman
Not the guy who teamed up with Alucard

Chance: oof

I think basically everybody else has already described why I don't see a GTA rep getting into Smash, so I'll keep this brief- no real interactions with Nintendo or any support for the Switch, plus GTA being a game that Nintendo would likely try to avoid letting into a series as family-friendly as Super Smash Bros.

Want: oof

Not really a good way to represent GTA in Smash either. That's not even ignoring the character himself and his list of issues that would make him not very family-friendly. Basically, similar reasons as to why I don't see Doomguy ever getting in.

Noms: Reimu Hakurei rerate x5

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Since none of you filled out the Smash tournament date planning form, I’m gonna have to cancel it. As such, myself and the few others that actually filled it out will get the 50 bonus noms.

Trevor

.5% chance

Yea GTA is big and Trevor makes sense to choose from it, but at the end of the day I doubt we will get a gta rep. Rockstar as a whole just does not have a strong connection to Nintendo platforms. They rarely if ever port their games onto Nintendo systems at the end of the day. Sometimes you get a port like LA Noire, but the fact GTA V still has not come to the switch is a bad omen to me. To me, it seems Rockstar just has no interest in Nintendo’s markets. As a result, I ain’t confident in Trevor.

0% Want

GTA has never been my strong suit. My strongest experiences with the game were playing it at a friends house or playing Simpson’s hit and run. Yeah, it’s fun going on a murder rampage, but at the end of the day it’s still not my thing. Obviously, a lot of people like it, but it ain’t my cup of tea. Combine that with how we may only have two slots left, and I would be a tad opposed.

Rean Schwarzer x 10

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Trevor Phillips

I'll just summarize the argument into one sentence: "Trevor has competition with CJ, Rockstar doesn't have a very chummy relationship with Nintendo, as well as GTA having extreme violence." See? Trevor just doesn't seem very likely. He has a ton of arguments against him.

Want: 10%
It could go either way. Trevor could either be a very boring fighter, or one of the most creative ones. It would be funny to see Sephiroth, one of the strongest characters in gaming history, go up against a psychotic criminal. Or Kirby. At the end of the day, I'm on the fence about Trevor. I decided to give him an extra 5% because it would be amusing.

Noms: Meat Boy xAll

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Day over.

Rate Billy & Jimmy Lee from Double Dragon.

Predict Concept: Skullgirls rep.

Megadoomer Megadoomer

-----

Some songs to get into the Double Dragon mood:

Top Bottom