• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

Inue Houji

Purplish Wig
Curly as a Quote alt
Abstaining.
Haven't played the game, and as such, I have no idea how fitting or feasible she would be as an alt.

Predictions
Far Cry: 0.3%

Nominations
Tetra x5

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Day over.

Rate Concept: Far Cry rep.

Predict Concept: Disgaea rep.

Megadoomer Megadoomer

-----

Some songs to get into the Far Cry mood:

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Fat Cry Rep: Abstain

Don't know much about Far Cry other than watching some Let's Plays.

Prediction: Disgaea Rep (24%) - probably going to do a big write-up

Noms: Danganronpa Protagonist 5x

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Insert witty joke about something being a "far cry" from something else

Chance: 10%

First off, I'm hesitant to say that Ubisoft is out of the running due to the Mii costumes that came with Byleth. Since that was at the end of the last pass, I see those as grey area since we aren't sure how far (cry) in advanced they are decided on. So let's move onto the series benefits. I think it's safe to say that at least in the West, Far Cry is iconic (I'll get to Japan shortly). It has gotten consistent releases for a while now and while it might not be as big of a moneymaker as Assassin's Creed or requested as Rayman, it's certainly in a comfortable spot. What helps is that Far Cry 4 and Far Cry 5 have actually sold pretty well in Japan which is surprising considering that they are FPS games.

But overall I'm not confident in this. Sure, the series is big enough for Nintendo to notice, but it's not a series that they promote a lot. In fact, researching the games I was surprised to found that that there was only one Far Cry game on a Nintendo system, which is Vengeance on the Wii. I understand that Nintendo connections isn't as important these days, but it's still important for Nintendo to be interested in your property and when there are Rayman and Assassin's Creed games on their newest console and not Far Cry, it's an uphill battle. And that's even when you entertain the idea of a Ubisoft rep which I'm unsure about, again because of the Altair and Rabbid Miis.

Still, I'm looking forward to Jomo's writeup and I'm glad you nominated this bro as Far Cry did deserve a day to itself.

Want: Abstain

I've played a little bit of Far Cry, but not enough to judge it fairly. I'm certainly open to the idea of it getting a rep, but as of now I'm more interested in Rayman and AC.

Prediction - Disgaea - 8%

Noms: Yuri Lowell x10

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Far Cry Rep

Chance: 5%. I have doubts that the franchise will be in the second fighter’s pass. If it’s for a sequel, then the chance could be higher, but even then it’s a low bet.

Want: 50%. I don’t know too much about said franchise. What I do know is that the fighter from said franchise chosen would be fun to play as. Overall, a rep from that franchise would make a decent rep.

Prediction: Disgaea Rep (5%)

Noms: 3 for Echo: Bowser and 2 for Garchomp

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Far Cry

Chance 25 – Yep, I’m going high here. The number drops significantly if Far Cry isn't the series who we get revealed at E3 though. The fact the only person I’ve ever seen bring up Far Cry for Smash is me is just shocking given that we live in a post Cloud and Joker world. First, they’re developed by Ubisoft, who Nintendo has a good relationship with and already has content in Smash. 2nd, the series is iconic in the FPS genre and with it’s villains especially and has been selling very well worldwide since Far Cry 3’s massive success. Third, it’s Ubisofts biggest series with no content in Smash already. Assassins Creed has the Altair costume, Rayman is a spirit, and the Rabbids sorta have stuff I guess? Not sure how the Rabbid forms of Mario characters count here. Also, unlike some of it’s competition(Gonna side eye Rayman here), Far Cry actually sells in Japan. Far Cry 5 was not only the 2nd most profitable launch of a game in Ubisoft’s history,only losing out to Tom Clancy’s The Division, but it also topped the charts for sales the week of it’s release there with Far Cry 4 being 9th that same week. That’s insane for a FPS in Japan, where those genres of games usually don’t do as well. And yes, Far Cry has even been on Nintendo with the spinoff game Far Cry Vengeance being released on the Wii back in 2006. And on top of all of that, Far Cry 6 is due to come out at some point in the next year after being delayed from February, so there’s reason for Ubisoft to want to pick it as well other than it being an insanely well selling series for them. Just that alone is more than what a few characters already in the game or in the speculation scene have to their names, and a lot of them aren’t even from games or series as popular as Far Cry is either.

Now I guess the issue that comes up is what character would it be? Starting at the simplest spot, you could just opt for one of the protagonists. And while I hate the idea of just going the alt skin route constantly like some want, you could do that here since the most recent protags all generally do the same stuff and have the same weapons. If you just work from the games boom period, Jason Brody, Ajay Gale, and The Deputy(Male and Female) could be used pretty interchangeably. Not sure what you’d call them as a collective name though. Danny/Dani Rojas would work as well with them being the protagonist of 6 but they would most likely be way too late given when the pass was decided. Could very easily go with some sort of weapon swapping mechanic for them as well using the number of guns and explosives from the game would make that pretty easy. You could also just opt for one of them(likely Jason) or do some sort of tag team thing with The Deputy and their partners from FC5 who you can switch in and out nearly at will in game.

I think though, if Far Cry should show up in Smash, the best route would be to go for a villain. The series is best known for it’s crazy, psychopathic, and sociopathic villains who are well written enough to both enjoy and dislike at the same time. I don’t think you can go alt skins here since the villains are a lot more different than the protags are. The most likely candidates here are Vaas, Pagan Min, and Joseph Seed. Those 3 are the villains from 3,4,and 5 respectively, all after the series broke out. Leaving out Aton Castillo from 6 since like I mentioned before, 2021 is likely way too late for this pass. I think out of the 3 the first pick should be Vaas given that Far Cry 3 was the game that broke the series out and that he is one of the most iconic villains in gaming. One issue he has though is that his likeness is of a real life actor(Michael Mando who is currently a part of the Breaking Bad universe). Sakurai mentioned that was a potential issue back around Melee or Brawl’s development time I believe, but so much has changed since then that I can’t say for certain if it’s a problem anymore, as that was back in a time where no guns was seen as a hard and fast rule. For moveset I think you possibly be worried there, although I see no reason that you couldn’t take a protag’s moveset and slap in on Vaas, which is where I think he beats out the other 2 as well, given that Pagan is more cowardly when confrontation actually reaches him and Seed is more willing to let others do the work for him. While Vaas doesn’t exactly engage the player in shootouts either it isn’t much of a leap if any to picture him out there firing guns and the likes at people.

Music is another issue I can see coming up, and while yes, there is a good deal of licensed tracks in Far Cry, there’s also a good deal of music that isn’t. The OST for 3-5 are all good, especially 5s, which has a good deal of music that isn’t at all like anything currently in Smash.

Ok, so for some negatives on the series. First, obviously Far Cry is from Ubisoft who is a western developer. We likely have 1 spot left for them at best. While I could absolutely see Far Cry as a pick for E3 it also has some very serious competition out there from characters with more going for them, such as Master Chief and Crash. There’s also the issue that FC Vengeance did not do well with critics on the Wii, so its possible Nintendo doesn’t really care about the series. Given how well its sold in Japan I doubt that, but no more Far Cry games on Nintendo since then is a little bit suspect. There's also some Ubisoft content that came with the DLC cycles so far, which usually hasn't been a good sign for companies getting a DLC fighter.

So yeah, in conclusion, I think Far Cry is a very under the radar sleeper pick who should get more discussion in the Smash speculation circle. I don’t expect the series to get in but I’m generally shocked that we’ve had so many characters and series thrown at the wall in the 3 years we’ve been doing this for Ultimate and outside of me screaming about it, Far Cry has been largely ignored.

Want 100 – If you read my entire chance post then yeah, you could have probably guessed what my score was here. I bought 3 and 4 off basically a whim and a friend recommendation from the PS store last summer because they combined were less than 10 dollars and thought why not? Had no idea that it would quickly become one of my favorite game series easily from there. Obviously the villains are amazing, but the gameplay is fantastic as well and the world maps and side characters they’ve set up rarely feel boring, forced, or unneeded. I’d 100% recommend playing the series should you own a non Switch console or if the games should get ported over. You will not regret it.

Predictions:
Disagea - 5.61

Noms:
Bioshock Protag x10

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Concept: Far Cry rep

Chance: 0%
I still believe that the Ubisoft costumes we got alongside Byleth means that we aren't getting a Ubisoft rep anytime soon if the Cuphead mii costume is anything to go by. Even if we were to get a Ubisoft rep one day, I think both Rayman and an Assassin's Creed rep would have priority. Rayman for being present in past Smash games before and being a mascot for them in a way. Assassin's Creed for having a mii costume and being more popular overall in Japan than Far Cry. Really it's hard to see us getting a Ubisoft character that isn't Rayman/Rabbids or Altair/Ezio, especially since Far Cry had only one game on a Nintendo system (which did really badly) while Ubisoft has given the Wii U/Switch a lot more Assassin's Creed love. To me, Far Cry just screams Vaas mii costume to coincide with another Ubisoft character getting in.

As for who the rep would actually be, I think Far Cry is a really unique case where it would be repped by a villain instead of a protagonist. Considering how well known he his and even being referenced in other games like Rayman Legends, I feel like Vaas would be the character to represent the series. I know that the protagonists (as well as the character Hurk I think?) are possible options, but I feel like the charismatic villains of the more recent entries is where a lot of the appeal comes from.

My only experience with Far Cry as of this writing is playing the first hour or so of Far Cry 2. The series does look fun and I would like to dive into it more, however for the time being I'm going to abstain from an actual score. With that said though, I feel like it'd be on the lesser end of my wants when it comes to Ubisoft characters as both Ezio and Rayman seem more appealing.

I'll just say that if Far Cry in Smash were to happen, I feel like they should definitely go crazy with this and make the rep someone like Vaas or Joseph Seed. Making the Smash rep the main character in this case would just be lame imo.

-----

Disgaea chance prediction: 9.80%

Nominations:
Conker x10

Lyncario

Smash Ace
Now that's a Far Cry from what I know.

Abstain.

First of all, get ready for more terrible pun titles like the one I did, since that's what most people were thinking of in preparation of this day. Don't lie, you know that's true. And second, Far Cry is a big "I don't care about this series and I don't know much about it other than it exist". No really, I often saw videos about it on Youtube about the latest Far Cry game, but I just don't care. Really, Far Cry is a big "I don't have enough f to give" series for me, like yeah it's big, but I care so little about it, this series simply exist and I forget about it, I don't really ignore it, no, I just forget it even exist most of the time.

Disgaea predictions chances

14.8%

Nominations

Virtual idols like Miku x5

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Fat Cry rep
Chance: 0.1%
While I agree that Ubisoft is still on the table, Far Cry just doesn't have enough going for it to be considered a serious sleeper pick. Yeah, it's one of Ubisoft's larger and more consistent series and recent games did fairly well in Japan but will that be enough to cut it. It isn't the flagship franchise that AC is, nor does it have the fan/dev demand that Rayman does, in fact it basically has none. That's also not mentioning Rabbids, Splinter Cell orPrince of Persia, all of which you could argue to be higher in priority. Mainly because Far Cry lacks iconic characters, at least it's protagonist aren't. Vaas is pretty well known but he seems like such an unconventional 'out there' choice that I can't see him as anything other than Mii costume material. It also doesn't help that Far Cry doesn't have any games on Nintendo systems besides one measly Wii spinoff from 2006. That's not gonna put the series on Nintendo's radar.

Want: 0%

I'm sure Far Cry is a fun series but I'm not sure if that would translate into a fun Smash character. Could turn out to be a generic FPS-guy character if I'm honest. Vaas has some personality to him but I don't know if he does enough stuff for him to avoid getting such a moveset. This also directly competes with one of my most wanted characters, clearly. Tho even ignoring Manray, there are plenty more Ubisoft characters that people would probably prefer.

Disgea rep: 10.43%
Magolor x10

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
You might have noticed that calcs were not posted on Wednesday. I've been busy with college stuff so I couldn't get around to doing them, but I'll try to do it soon. Not making any promises though.

With that out of the way...

THESE CHARACTERS ARE LOCKED DOWN, NOMINATIONS FOR THEM ARE OBSOLETE

Day 597: Concept: Disgaea rep
Day 598: Beatrice (Umineko/When They Cry)
Day 599: Rallen (Spectrobes)
Day 600: Trevor Philips (Grand Theft Auto)
Day 601: Billy & Jimmy Lee (Double Dragon)
Day 602: Concept: Skullgirls rep

Day 603: Peppino (Pizza Tower)

In the end, Disgaea rep reclaimed first place from what looked like a surefire victory for Beatrice. Go underdogs! Oh, and also, through the calculated use of extra noms, Trevor Philips managed to steal fourth place from the Lee Bros. and Peppino climbed to last place, meaning that Mike Haggar and Miles Edgeworth as Phoenix Wright's Alt/Echo will have to wait another week for their chance. It's been a while since we had an upset of this magnitude!

The new top seven consists of Mike Haggar, Miles Edgeworth as Phoenix Wright's Alt/Echo, Bill Rizer, League of Legends rep, A BioShock protagonist, Tetra, and a three-way tie between Carmen Sandiego, Estelle Bright and Ryza.

Mike Haggar x265
Concept: Miles Edgeworth as Phoenix Wright's Alt/Echo x265
Bill Rizer x265
[Rerate] Concept: League of Legends rep x242
Concept: A BioShock protagonist x241
Tetra x230
[Rerate] Carmen Sandiego x220
Estelle Bright x220
Ryza (Atelier) x220

250 - 201

Grunty (Banjo-Kazooie) x215
Concept: From Software rep x215

200 - 151

Senator Armstrong x195
Kaede Akamatsu x170
Sackboy x170
Stage: Bowser's Castle x152

150 - 101

Boss: Rayquaza x145
Riptor x145
Mii Costume: Monika x135
Mii Costume: Alex Kidd x128
Meat Boy x125
Boss: Ender Dragon x123
[Rerate] Louie x120
Corvo Attano x120
D.Va x115
Echo (Bowser) x115
Mii Costume: 2B x110
Fulgore x107
[Rerate] Officer Howard x105
Todd Snap x105

100 - 51

Stage: Tetris x100
Giygas x90
Legends Trainer x90
Junpei (Zero Escape) x86
Gunvolt x85
Concept: Darksiders rep x80
[Rerate] Concept: New Zelda character x80
[Rerate] Crash Bandicoot x80
Concept: More ATs as one new item x75
Dwight Fairfield (Dead by Daylight) x75
Concept: Rocket League rep x75
Rean Schwarzer x70
Garchomp x70
Echo (Olimar) x66
Concept: SNES-era Final Fantasy rep x65
Ghirahim x60
[Rerate] Zhao Yun x60
Gooigi x55
Vi (Bug Fables) x55
Echo: Zeraora (Lucario) x55
[Rerate] Jin Kazama x55
Magolor x55
Jin Sakai x55
Concept: Virtual idols like Hatsune Miku x55

50 - 25

[Rerate] Tails x50
Demi-Fiend x45
[Rerate] Agumon x40
Mii Costume: Zagreus x40
Filia (Skullgirls) x31
Concept: Large and Normal Final Destination made into separate stages x25

Under 25

Regigigas x20
[Rerate] Metal Sonic x20
Concept: Danganronpa protagonist x20
Yarn Yoshi x15
[Rerate] Shovel Knight x15
Captain Charlie (Pikmin) x15
Tetris x10
Slash Kamei (Snowboard Kids) x10
[Rerate] Yuri Lowell x10
Jesse (Control) x10
Infernape x10
[Rerate] Gex x10
[Rerate] Concept: Echo Fighters Pass x10
[Rerate] Q*Bert x10
[Rerate] Ryu Hayabusa x10
Octoling x10
[Rerate] Reimu x10
[Rerate] Brian x7
Concept: Rocket League content x5
[Rerate] Thrall x5
[Rerate] Lara Croft x5
Stage: Tetris 99 x5
Concept: Raizing shmup rep x5
Donbe and Hikari x5
Soma Cruz x5
Concept: KOS-MOS with T-elos alt x5
[Rerate] Master Hand x5
Pyramid Head x5
[Rerate] Elma x5
Siris (Infinity Blade) x5
Conker x5
Firebrand x1

Todd Snap snaps up 100 noms.

Concept: Virtual idols like Hatsune Miku dances past 50 noms.

Your new nominee for the day is Conker, with 5 noms.

On a sidenote, I have to mention how disappointed I am that Junpei's nominations are no longer a multiple of 9.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Abstain. I know nothing about Far Cry.

Nominations: Concept: Danganronpa protagonist x5 (how many Danganronpa ratings have we done again?)

ahemtoday

Smash Ace
I don't know anything about Far Cry. I'll abstain.

Honestly, I'm disappointed in myself for giving into weakness with Junpei, so I'll put four of my noms toward Junpei to make things right, and then... one nom toward Earthworm Jim.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
"Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity? It's speculating the same characters over and over again and expecting a different result"

Chance: 2%
Positives first: Far Cry is a big franchise (wow, real insightful there Grief). It's one of Ubisoft's evergreen series that will keep getting games until the heat death of the universe - and one of the few left that doesn't succumb to their "generic open world military shooter" formula. It's been on Nintendo consoles. And it's relatively popular in Japan!

Now for the negatives: it's not that big, and in terms of Ubisoft it's woefully bested by Assassin's Creed in terms of sales, acclaim, influence, iconicness, and Nintendo appeal. It's fair to say that Far Cry and Assassin's Creed have similar demographic appeals but AC's is just so much wider. I don't know what reason could compel Nintendo to pick the former when the latter is available. Also, it's still an FPS franchise, a genre whose icons and main exponents (Master Chief, Doom Guy) have been ignored. Our first third-party RPG character was Cloud Strife. Our first third-party fighting game character was Ryu. I may lack imagination but I can't really picture our first FPS character to be from Far Cry of all places. And finally, the only FC game on Nintendo was the one on the Wii. We could theoretically get a port of 2 or 3 on the Switch but if the franchise has no clear future on Nintendo do you see it getting a fighter in Smash?

Want: 60%
I liked Far Cry up until 4 felt kinda samey and then I ditched the franchise. To be fair Far Cry is easily one of the FPS series with the most memorable characters with their tradition of unforgettable villains, so that makes it a good choice for FPS reps in a crossover fighter. Someone like Vaas would be pretty cool but I'm not losing sleep if he never gets in.

Noms: Todd Mother****ing Snap x10
Disgaea prediction: 6.65%

Pillow

Smash Lord
Far Cry
Chance: 5%
Far Cry is definitely not some unknown series, but neither is it the most notable one either. While the relationship between Nintendo and Ubisoft has been good recently, I don't think Far Cry would even be the most likely candidate for Ubisoft. Assassin's Creed has been a big name franchise ever since it's inception, and lots of Smash fans like Rayman or the Rabbids as well. It doesn't help that Far Cry has shifting settings and characters with each installment, so there's no real flag bearer character to rally behind for this series. If I had to choose one, I'd go with Jason as Far Cry 3 was really the breakout game for the series and Jason's character arc from naive tourist to native killer was well delivered.

I like the Far Cry series, but I prefer my Smash reps to have a greater sense of fantasy attached to them. Far Cry as a series is rather grounded compared to other potential series in Smash. At the end of the day it's a dude with a gun, which really doesn't make me feel excited. The strength of the Far Cry series is the characters (usually the villains) and the sandbox "100 ways to complete this task" thing, neither of which would really be present in a Smash moveset.

Noms:
xMax FromSoft

Last edited:

BlueEyedGrimmbat

Smash Apprentice
Couldn't find a witty joke for this one...Looks like me being a comedian is a Far Cry. (Far Cry rep)
Chance: 1%
Far Cry's biggest problem is being Ubisoft material, and that means it's got stiff competition. Assassin's Creed has it beat out in legacy, and Rayman is superior in terms of popularity. Also, while Ubisoft has a history with Nintendo, Far Cry barely does, having had only one game on the Wii.

It's also an FPS, and god knows how many other FPS franchises deserve to be in Smash more than Far Cry does. Doomguy may not be getting in, but Master Chief is still a threat. Far Cry isn't the biggest of its genre either, and since Nintendo and Sakurai like to go for industry leaders before personal choices, I can't see this series being represented in Smash, especially not in Ultimate.

That said, Far Cry is big enough to be noticed, and it does have Nintendo history, if barely.

Want: 5%
Far Cry is another one of those games that I like but don't think should get in Smash. Firstly, it's a grounded FPS, and if I didn't want Call of Duty in Smash, I certainly don't want Far Cry. Also...I don't see a lot of moveset potential. At the end of the day, if we got an FPS rep, it's got to be either Doomguy or Master Chief, as both of 'em look cool and are the faces of the genre. But not Far Cry.

Plus, every slot that another character gets is one less slot for Reimu.

Noms: Corvo Attano x10

Predict: Disgaea rep: 18.5%

TheThingamajigRayman

Smash Journeyman
I've abstained A LOT, but no longer! Time to get far into rating a Far Cry rep's chances and want!

FAR CRY REP

Chance: 5%

I don't think it's impossible, but I don't see it happening either. The Far Cry series is decently popular, with over 50 million copies sold of the entire series. But there's two problems, it's owned by Ubisoft, and it's an FPS. Far Cry has tons of competition for the Ubisoft rep. Like for example, Rayman, an Assassins Creed rep, or even a Rabbid. Assassins Creed is arguably Ubisoft's flagship series, and overall has more popularity then the Far Cry series. I just don't see a Far Cry character getting in before an Assassins Creed character. And another competitor, the highly requested Rayman, who right now seems like a likely candidate for FP2. Plus Far Cry's an FPS, and I just don't see a Far Cry character coming before other FPS characters like Master Chief, Doomslayer or even a CoD rep. The one thing it has going for it is that Ubisoft and Nintendo are pretty close, but pretty much every Ubisoft character has that going for them. Sorry, Far Cry, but that invite seems pretty far from your grasp, for now at least.

Want: 1%
I've dabbled in the series, with entries like 3 and 4, and it's alright. But it's just not something I'd want to see in Smash Bros. The character's are just meh to me, nothing stands out, just gun go pow. It just doesn't feel like it'd work. Not only that though, but I'd much prefer Rayman to be the Ubisoft character as he's my most wanted, and I don't see two coming in the same pass. Heck, I'd like a Rabbid more. And if we get an FPS character, I'd want it to be someone like Master Chief or Doomslayer. I don't think one has much moveset potential either, just.....a gun. And that would feel pretty generic, honestly. I just don't want one, personally. I'd be all for a Mii Costume though.

Noms: Sackboy x10
Predictions - DisGaea - 15.50%

Last edited:

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Abstain, I don't give two ****s about Far Cry
Nominations: Springtrap x5

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Probably gonna abstain today, don't have much energy for a write-up.

Nominations:
Concept: Miles Edgeworth as Phoenix Wright's alt/echo x5

AnEasterEgg

Smash Journeyman
Abstain. I don't know enough about Far Cry to rate it fairly.
Nominations: [Rerate] Phoenix Wright x5

AirMac1

Smash Journeyman
I’m gonna abstain, because I don’t know enough about the series.

Nominations: Axel from Crazy Taxi x10

AirMac1

Smash Journeyman
Does Axel have a support thread? We're only allowed to nominate characters with support threads.

Also, off topic, but what's going on in your profile pic?
I didn’t know about that rule until after I posted, my bad. As for my profile pic, it’s Mario characters dressed as a wrestling group.

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Far Cry Character

Chance: 1%
Feeling lazy, so I'll just summarize what people are saying in three sentences: "Far Cry character has minimal chance, as well as competition with Rayman and an Assassin's Creed character. Also has genre competition with Doom Guy and Master Chief. Also only has one game on Nintendo."

I've never played Far Cry, so it may be unfair to rate it like this, but I don't really think Far Cry should be represented in Smash. First off, Rayman is one of my most wanted, so there's already a good reason for me to not want a character from this franchise. I also would much rather prefer Doom Guy or Master Chief as a FPS character. Far Cry's gameplay just doesn't feel like it would translate into Smash very well.

Noms: Meat Boy x 5

Inue Houji

Purplish Wig
Far Cry rep
Chance: 0.5%
As far as I know, the games are basically GTA-lite in the wild, which comes with a lot of the same issues as GTA.
It might have a tiny chance, as it isn't as egregious when it comes to controversial elements(to my understanding), but unlike GTA, Far Cry isn't anywhere near as famous, so that chance is tiny.

Not very familiar with the series. Though at first glance, it doesn't really seem like a very interesting choice to me.

Predictions
Disgaea rep: 14.8%

Nominations
Tetra x5

I didn’t know about that rule until after I posted, my bad. As for my profile pic, it’s Mario characters dressed as a wrestling group.
Just FYI, you can make a support thread yourself, if you really want to nominate them.

Last edited:

AirMac1

Smash Journeyman
Far Cry rep
Chance: 0.5%
As far as I know, the games are basically GTA-lite in the wild, which comes with a lot of the same issues as GTA.
It might have a tiny chance, as it isn't as egregious when it comes to controversial elements(to my understanding), but unlike GTA, Far Cry isn't anywhere near as famous, so that chance is tiny.

Not very familiar with the series. Though at first glance, it doesn't really seem like a very interesting choice to me.

Predictions
Disgaea rep: 14.8%

Nominations
Tetra x5

Just FYI, you can make a support thread yourself, if you really want to nominate them.
Are you sure that rule is needed though? The Far Cry character doesn’t have one.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Are you sure that rule is needed though? The Far Cry character doesn’t have one.
difference is the far cry character is an concept rather than a specific character. as i understand it the rule only applies to specific characters but broader concepts like any far cry character or anything that could be applied to more than one character the rule does not apply

AirMac1

Smash Journeyman
difference is the far cry character is an concept rather than a specific character. as i understand it the rule only applies to specific characters but broader concepts like any far cry character or anything that could be applied to more than one character the rule does not apply
Oh. My bad!

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Day over.

Rate Concept: Disgaea rep.

Predict Beatrice from Umineko/When They Cry.

Megadoomer Megadoomer

-----

Some songs to get into the Disgaea mood:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Disgaea Rep

Chance: 15% -
I could see this happening. Disgaea is relatively popular in Japan, is Nippon Ichi's Mascot (who doesn't recognize the Prinnies?) and Nintendo has advertised it in their directs. This alone is a major positive, as relationships between the third party and Nintendo are very important for third party reps! Disgaea 1 and 4-6 are on/coming to Switch as well, so that also gives it pleny of Nintendo representation, so clearly there is strong company relations going on there. Plus Japan and Smash DLC LOVE their JRPGs, so that's by far one of the easiest ways to get into Smash. Granted, it's still niche overall, very much so in the west, but it certainly IS known like Dragon Quest and Persona, and while I don't see it being the E3 reveal, I could see it being FP11. Really a dark horse that doesn't get much discussion, though at the same time I'm not putting a big fat wad of cash on it. So we'll have to see how this plays out! Overall a good contender with a lot of tough competition.

Want: 10% - Eh, not really my franchise. A friend of mine told me all about it a few months ago, and while some of the character designs are alright, and some of the goofier elements of the franchise are cool (like being able to throw teammates to other sections of the board), there are also plenty of elements that put me off from the franchise. The big one being how grindy the games apparently are. Spending several hours at a time grinding out characters and items does not seem fun at all, and it is by far one of my biggest criticisms of JRPGs. Though it is a franchise with some history, and it does have Nintendo representation, so I will give it credit where credit is due. Though with only two slots left there's just way too many other franchises I'd rather see take the slots.

Nominations:
[Concept] Miles Edgeworth as Phoenix Wright's alt/echo x15

Predictions:
Beatrice - 5.92% - isn't Higurashi the more iconic one anyway?

Plus when it comes to Nippon Ichi reps I have....
A different choice

ezgif-3-3cb401736193.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom