• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Takamaru
Chance: 35% - I’m not as optimistic as most and I’m also not convinced that “retro” characters are garanteed. He’s been making a lot of cameos recently so he’s got that going for him at least.
Want: 55%

Rayman prediction: 38%

Nominations: New story mode x5

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Takamaru:

Chance: 55%
While I'm almost certain we're getting another Retro, I'm not certain that it'll be Takamaru. However, he's filled with promise and he's only gotten more popular with time.

Want: 90%
I've played the original Nazo no Murasame Jo, and I would love for him to make an appearance, especially if his introduction revives the series.

Rayman Prediction: 31.09%

Nominations: Historical Character x5

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
I’m also not convinced that “retro” characters are garanteed.
I understand fans are quick to draw patterns where there aren't any, (the best example being during the smash 4 era saying Ike would be cut because there was a pattern of former newest FE lord being cut for the newest cut, even though it happened one time which doesn't make a pattern) but we have 3 games in a row where retro characters have been chosen. Sakurai has always tried to represent the history of Nintendo in every iteration. So my question would be why don't you think a retro rep is guaranteed? I mean it's about the only thing Sakurai has been consistent about with every new iteration.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Man I REALLY missed out here due to the lack of notification. Can someone please tag me every time the new one pops up so I can keep up? Last I want to do is miss out again lol

Takamaru:

Chances: 55% - I'm at a tossup here. One one hand, he's popular enough to show with a unique samurai style of sword fighting we haven't seen yet and him being an AT helped his chances of becoming playable in a future series.

On the other hand...there are some other downfalls of him not getting in such as retros and possibly fighting for stronger considered characters. Sakurai can always put him back as an AT.

Want: 95% - I'm only saying 95 due to the 5% is unsure how he will fit in a roster like this one. Other than that, he's definitely one I'd consider adding to the roster and I was shocked he didn't make Wii U/3DS

Nominations: Crash Bandicoot x5

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
Takamaru

chance: 50%
I know almost nothing of him besides the assist trophy, the Nintendo land game and a little of his game. I just put him at 50% because of his following and his role in smash 4. I dont think i can really give a proper rating on his chances. Mostly because of how little i really know of him. but I do see - like i said a good following for him.

want: 50%
I'd for the most part be "oh new character Neato". thats about it

nomination: indie character x5

farvin111

Smash Journeyman
Takamaru Chance: 50%

Not sure how true this is, but I think Sakurai said he might've considered him at one point but decided against it due to his obscurity or lack of relevance. Whatever the case, Takamaru's appearance as an Assist Trophy and in Nintendo Land show that he's not a forgotten retro character at the very least. The pool of retro characters is ever decreasing, and Takamaru is up there as one of the more feasible ones. While I wouldn't call him a shoo-in, he's not unlikely.

Takamaru Want: 30%

I don't care.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Takamaru: 60%
Since his original game got released worldwide on the 3DS eshop I think he's quite likely.

Want 45%
ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh He looks interesting

Rayman: 28%

noms: Snip & Clip 5x

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Takamaru!

Chance: 80%

I got high hopes for this samurai. I think it’s telling that he’s been considered for smash in two different games now and made an appearance as an assist. I believe he’ll actually make it in this time.

Want: 98%
The only person I want more is Snake tbh.

Doom Slayer x5

Draxis

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xShadowSladexx
Takamaru: 50%

He has a chance but like others said he is not known well which the reason why Sakurai didn't put him in smash 4 but he is getting some recognition since he was an assist trophy.

Want: 55%

He seems like an interesting character and would probably have a unique movesets from other sword users.

FrozenRoy

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-1325-2408-7513
Chances: 55%

Chances are a bit overrated, but not non-existant. Takamaru has been getting love lately: An AT, 3DS rerelease, being known to be considered for Smash Brothers, Nintendo Land and so on. But I don't think he is quite as much of a shoo-in, even aside from western popularity, there are a lot of retro characters out there to pick from, a lot of other ones, and I feel like he wouldn't be a very hype character...Smash 4 had more of Sakurai going for what I think were likely to be fan popular than personally popular, but then again maybe some of that was Namco? Takamaru does have Nintendo history, but he's also been dropped from Nintendo games for obscurity a few times, and Pit had a new game bundled with him finally getting in. If anything came out about Takamaru getting anything like a new game, this would probably shoot up to 100%. I would still give him a good shot, but he isn't a lock.

Want: 32%

He looks like he has some pretty good moveset potential, but he isn't someone I have a personal attachment too, and I have retro characters I would rather see get in (like Mike Jones), part of why he is so high is just because Smash currently doesn't really have a samurai styled character surprisingly. So, neat, but a lot of other characters I'd like in.

Prediction: Rayman

62.5%

Nominations

Travis Touchdown x5

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Holy **** I get my internet working at home right before I am ready to leave for college again smh.

Takamaru
90% Chance

To be honest, it seems like he will rise up, as his chances only have improved since the last game. A relatively popular retro and assist trophy that oozes moveset potential screams character. Also a reboot for his franchise would be litty.

100% Want
I literally imported the gba port for his game years back and its a fun game, love love love the combat and the challenge, the aesthetic is awesome. I would love to play as him.

Nominating no cuts x 5

Day over, will post calcs tomorrow, expect late day ending again tomorrow since I have a long car ride that night to college.

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
darn i missed out on rating Taka.
oh well. I'll give my opinion anyway even if it doesn't count

Takamaru

Chance: 70% - there's just something about Taka that makes him feel likely. knowledge of him has grown over recent years. and if i recall correctly, Sakurai has expressed a desire to include him in the roster before. plus in the last smash they gave him an assist trophy AND a mii fighter costume. smash games do have a tendency to include the occasional retro chracter and Taka definitely fits the bill.

Want: 89% - Out of any retro character, he's the one I'd want the most. his game was a ton of fun.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Holy **** I get my internet working at home right before I am ready to leave for college again smh.

Takamaru
90% Chance

To be honest, it seems like he will rise up, as his chances only have improved since the last game. A relatively popular retro and assist trophy that oozes moveset potential screams character. Also a reboot for his franchise would be litty.

100% Want
I literally imported the gba port for his game years back and its a fun game, love love love the combat and the challenge, the aesthetic is awesome. I would love to play as him.

Nominating no cuts x 5

Day over, will post calcs tomorrow, expect late day ending again tomorrow since I have a long car ride that night to college.
Perfect timing!! I just got the noms list done!

I'm gonna clean it up, and have it up for y'all in a bit. Stay tuned!

Edit: okay, here it is...what you've all been waiting for...

Nominations List

Crash Bandicoot x 99
Lyndis x 95
Dillon x 95
Andy x 91
Shulk x 80
Bomberman x 76
Professor Layton x 75
Waluigi x 73
Concept : Zelda Newcomer x 72
Decidueye x 70
Lucina x 70
Chibi Robo x 70
Eggman x 64
Anna (Fire Emblem) x 62
Celica x 62
Lucas x 60
Marx x 59
Skull Kid x58
Shovel Knight x 56
Concept: No Cuts x 56
Midna x54
Sora x 52
Banjo Kazooie x 51
Micaiah x 50
Lana (Hyrule Warriors) x45
Phoenix Wright x 44
Doomguy x 40
Mewtwo x 37
Concept: veteran character artworks recycled from Smash 3DS/Wii U x35
New story mode x35
Snip & Clip (Snipperclips) x35
Geno x 33
Travis Touchdown x 32
Jibanyan x32
Pyra/Mythra (without Rex) x28
Kamek x27
Excitebiker x26
Susie (Kirby) x25
Labo Related Character x 25
Urban Champion x25
Roy x23
Elma x22
Concept Indie Character x 22
Scizor x 21
Qbby (from Boxboy) x21
Ryu Hayabusa x20
Arcade Rabbit x 20
Funky Kong x18
Hector (Fire Emblem) x 17
Style Savvy Rep x 17
Simon Belmont x16
Palutena x 16
Returning game mode: Smash Run x15
Sophitia x15
Doom Slayer x15
Lloyd Irving x15
Concept: Code Name STEAM rep x15
Ken Masters Alt Costume for Ryu x15
Takumi (FE Fates) x13
Masked Link x12
Hades x12
Mallo (Pushmo) x 12
Concept: Advance Wars CO x12
9-Volt (WarioWare) x12
Ganon (not Ganondorf) x11
Concept: New Mother Character x 10
Dark Matter (Kirby) X 10
Neku x 10
Concept: Fire Emblem Spear User x10
Concept: Decloned Ganondorf x10
Wonder Red (The Wonderful 101) x10
Concept: Historical/Retro character x10
Tsubasa Oribe x10
Tiki (Fire Emblem) x10
Klonoa x10
Robin x 9
Azura x 9
Black Shadow x9
2B x 8
Doshin the Giant x7
Sonic x 7
Sans (Undertale) x7
Concept: F-Zero Newcomer x7
Pac-Man x6
Balloon Fighter x6
Medusa x 6
Impa x 6
Cloud x6
Master Chief x 5
Steve (Minecraft) x5
Prince Fluff x5
Ninten x 5
Concept - Melee/Brawl style Classic mode x5
Ray (Custom Robo) x 5
Concept - Skyrim representation x5
Ashley (WarioWare) x5
Arle Nadja x5
Greninja x5
Alm (Fire Emblem) x 5
Tethu (Ever Oasis) x5
Ayumi Tachibana x5
Itsuki Aoi x5
Concept: Shin Megami Tensei Protagonist x5
Monita (NintendoLand) x5
Cross/Rook/Avatar (Xenoblade Chronicles X) x5
Toon Link x5
Mipha x5
Lycanroc x4
Shadow the Hedgehog x4
Mii Fighters x 4
Poochy (Yoshi series) x3
Corrin x 3
Dark Samus x 3
Wii Fit Trainer x3
Specter Knight x3
Masked Man (Mother 3) x3
Solaire (Dark Souls) x3
Fawful x3
Lip (Panel de Pon) x2
King Boo x2
Tom Nook x2
Mimikyu x 2
Vaati x2
KOS-MOS x2
Bayonetta x2
Nightmare (SoulCalibur) x2
Toon Zelda x2
Jack Frost (Shin Megami Tensei) x2
Porky Minch x2
Incineroar x2
Cranky Kong x2
Veronica (Fire Emblem) x2
Garon x1
Concept: Custom Moves Return x1
Rosalina & Luma x1
Bowser Jr. x1
Black Mage (Final Fantasy) x1
Knuckles the Echidna x1
Dark Pit x1
New Mii Fighter types (concept) x 1
Tails x 1
Fjorm (Fire Emblem Heroes) x1
Harry (Teleroboxer) x 1
Sheik x1
Concept: Snipperclips representation x1
Tetra x1
Undertale Representation x1
Revali x1
Daruk x1
Urbosa x1
Jack (Harvest Moon) x1
Sol Badguy x1
Kyo Kusanagi x1
Leo (FE Fates) x1
Ryoma (FE Fates) x1
Falco x1
Toadette x1
Vivian (Paper Mario) x1
Mallow (SMRPG) x1

Aaaaaaahhh, I can't believe it's finally done~

So, there you have it. Honestly, I was surprised at some things, like Dillon's position. It also makes me happy to see Shulk as the most nominated veteran so far. I guess everyone's concerned about him.:grin:

If it's OK with you, Phantom, I'm gonna go ahead and keep an eye on the noms from here on. They're like my baby now, lol.

Last edited:

Megaban

Smash Cadet
No switch to Rayman yet?

Btw, excuse me stupid question, but do we have a limit on how often we can nominate one character?

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
No switch to Rayman yet?

Btw, excuse me stupid question, but do we have a limit on how often we can nominate one character?
Yessir. You have five nominations a day, which you can use on any character or characters you like. Use all five on one if you want to. And if you want to use all five for the same character every day, that's totally allowed. In fact, some people float a character all on their own...like Lana's noms, for example. That was all one dude, lol.

And I don't think it'd hurt to post your Rayman stats now. It's after the previous day, so it should count.

DaisyandRosalina

Smash Apprentice
Takamaru

Chances: 25%
There is a pissibility that Takanaru may join but it's not a huge one, his character and series got two main problems:
1- His series is dead
2- His series was not really popular
Sakurai said "characters without future hardly ever gets choosen", this and his lack of popularity were the reasons why he was cut from Smash 4.

Want: 50%
I'm indifferent with him, some new retro characters are always welcome in my book even if I'm rather having Ice Climbers back instead.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Takamaru
Chances: 40%
Although he is an old character I do not see any reason to leave him out when Ice Climbers are characters in the game until recent days. I believe he would be a very nice character and would please a lot of people.

Nominating : Agumon x5

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Feeling lazy.

Takamaru

Chances:
85%

He's got almost everything going for him. Only reason I can't see him getting in is if he's low priority like the other times.

Want: 10%

I have no attachment to him whatsoever. He's got a pretty bland design in my eyes. But I'll be happy for his fans.

Prediction for Rayman: 66.6%

Nominations:

Waluigi x3
Ghirahim x2

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Takamaru
57.56% Chance
58.93% Want

Well, Takamaru had a strong day, as he is now our most expected newcomer. However, he is more towards the middle of the pack in want. Perhaps the Samurai will have success in Smash.

Speaking of Smash, its time we tackled a character whose fake leak alerted Nintendo and Ubisoft. Today we shall be rating Rayman in Chance and Want. Will the limbless wonder be able to score well? Also predict scores for Krystal tomorrow.

@andimidna was the closest today, so they will get 5 extra noms.

Graizen Graizen Sailor Waddle Dee Sailor Waddle Dee Shyy_Guy595 Shyy_Guy595 and DaisyandRosalina DaisyandRosalina your votes are not counted due to being posted far after the day ended, although your noms shall be counted.

Also of note, here is the deal of the updated schedule. I decided to go with Option A, taking the top nominations and putting them up. However, I see people are adamant about a 2018 release. Although I may be skeptical of such a release date, I do want the thread to have hit the ground running by E3. As such, the game plan is for there to be more double days, primarily if the characters are related or on weekends. Here is the updated schedule. I went with Lyndis over Dillon due to the fact that Lyndis was nominated first.

Schedule for March, voted characters start in April
1. King K. Rool
2. Ridley
3. Snake
4. Ice Climbers
5. Wolf
6. Isaac
7. Bandanna Dee
8. Captain Toad and Pauline (Double Day)
9. Takamaru
10. Rayman
11. Krystal
12. Rex and Pyra
13. Squirtle and Ivysaur (Double Day)
14. Shantae
15. Dixie Kong
16. Concept: Gen 7 Pokemon
17. Chrom
18. Concept: Arms Character and Concept: Rhythm Heaven Character (Double Day)
19. Daisy and Paper Mario (Double Day)
20. Pichu and Young Link (Double Day)
21. Crash
22. Lyndis
23. A Secret Surprise

Due to this, please refrain from further nominating Crash or Lyndis from this point onwards, as they have been added to the official fixed schedule as of now.

PhilosophicAnimal PhilosophicAnimal feel free to send me each days updated noms to edit in.

Last edited:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Rayman chances: 22%
Smash Switch will probably have at least one third-party newcomer in the base game, so will Rayman be one of them? With so many third-parties to get back from Smash 3DS/Wii U, I feel like Sakurai will maybe put more effort into recoreving as many of them than trying to indroduce a big amount of them in this new Smash, and combined with the lower amount of new character slots I'm expecting this time, this implies big competition between potential third-party newcomer candidates.

He got some representation in Smash Wii U, but the circumstances behind the inclusion of these trophies are a mystery, and it's unclear whether those are a clue that Sakurai has considered or will consider Rayman. Anyway, Ubisoft and Nintendo seem to get along fine, so I think licensing might be a mild issue rather than a huge deal.

Rayman want: 81%
He's one of the most notable video game characters of my personal gaming history, so for that reason I'd be super happy to see him playable in Smash. I envision him as being a highly movement-based character, whose win condition would be to overwhelm his opponent thanks to excellent approach options, inspired from his ability to drastically change his air mobility with his helicopter hair, and the ability to perform combos even with moves having a relatively high knockback thanks to a combination of excellent movement options and disjointed hitboxes. His neutral moveset could mostly be copy-pasted from his recent 2D games, while I think his specials would mostly be inspired from Rayman 2, most notably I imagine him jumping on a plum as his up special then being able to use the plum for other purposes like throwing it as a projectile or using it for mobility. For that it would be combined with his neutral special which I imagine as being the little lights he throws in this game as his main attack, which used while standing on a plum wouldmake it move on the opposite direction, exactly how he uses plum as a mean of transporation in this same game. Also I know someone else who wants him a lot.

Krystal prediction: 13.72%

Nominating:
Concept: veteran character artworks recycled from Smash 3DS/Wii U x5

Well, Takamaru had a strong day, as he is now our most wanted newcomer. However, he is more towards the middle of the pack in want. Perhaps the Samurai will have success in Smash.
You mean "most expected newcomer" right?

Last edited:

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Rayman Chance: 20%
As far as new third parties go, he isn't in a bad spot I suppose. He's got something of a following and Ubisoft and Nintendo seem to be on good terms.

Eh.

Krystal Prediction: 20%

Dr. Eggman X5

:094:

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Rayman:

Chance:
35% - No 3rd party character will get a huge chance % for this game, there aren't an obvious ones like Mega Man or Pac-Man this time, instead we've got a bunch of decent options but none that really stick out. Rayman will probably get the highest of the lot, and a lot of it has to do with his trophy in Smash 4 and Ubisoft apparently being extremely helpful with providing rights, I'm sure Sakurai will think back on their cooperation and seriously consider Rayman as a result. Also, I suspect he did well on the ballot, and although I can't remember if the fake leak happened before or after it was closed his popularity really boomed with it.

Want: 50% - The original game has a special place in my heart, it was one of those games I played from the start a ton of times when I was a kid, so I've got a lot of nostalgia for it. The newer Rayman games aren't quite up my alley though as they've lost that calmness the original had, and since that's what he'll no doubt be based off of I don't think I'd get particularly hyped about it, but just consider him an alright addition.

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
Rayman
Chance: 40%

I don't know why the trophy was included, or what it suggests for his chances. There are bigger third Party icons I could see getting in before him.

Want: 80%

He's got a lot of unique qualities as a character and in his games that make him stand out from many others. Origins and Legends gave him this really over-the-top, cartoony atmosphere that I associate him with now, and I find the new style fairly appealing.

Nomination: Arle Nadja x5

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Rayman

Chance: 30% - He had a trophy is Smash 4, and Ubisoft recently worked with Nintendo to make Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle, so I'd go as far as to say he has the best chance of any 3rd Party newcomer at the moment.

Want: 0% - I'm not a fan of adding even more 3rd Parties to the roster, and I have no attachment to Rayman or his series. If there was a maximum of, say, three 3rd Parties total, I may be more open to it.

Nominations: Midna x5

Last edited:

Graizen

Smash Champion
Rayman:
Chances: 80%

Everything will depend on what Sakurai and Ubi want! His Trophy is already in the game, several characters in his game are already present in different ways in Smash as well. We recently had the game of Mario + Rabbits. I think he's one of the non-Nintendo characters most likely to come to the game.

Nomination: Agumon x5

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Rayman
Chance: 75%
The omni fake leak gave us some insight into his popularity. Nintendo/Ubisoft have been working pretty closely for a few years now, and he ticks every box for character selection.

Rayman and Bomberman are easily the 'safest' 3rd Party picks heading into Smash Switch.

Want: 100%
He'd be a great character, he has a ton of modern relevance and he's a legitimate gaming icon.

Nom: Banjo-Kazooie x5.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Rayman

Chance: 60%
Nintendo's relationship with Ubisoft was pretty good as of late as evidenced by the Legends port and the Mario & Rabbids crossover. Plus that trophy definetly means something in my opinion.
That said, 3rd parties are kind of unpredictable so you never know.

Want: 90%
I really like his 2D games (although I admittedly haven't finished either of them yet) and his moveset pretty much writes itself. Plus he's my friend's most wanted character.
However, he's in a lower priority in my 3rd party want list.

Krystal prediction: 22%

Decidueye 5x

So_many_mails

Smash Apprentice
Rayman
I'm pretty sure he'll be in
He could be cool

Noms:
Professor Layton x5

Predicition:
Krystal 30%

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Rayman time.

Chance: 15%
By virtue of being third party he's far from a lock. Even then, I honestly think we'd get the Rabbids first.

Want: 5%
I find him incredibly boring, but I'd be happy for his fans.

Predicting a 9.8 for Krystal
Nominating Celica x5

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
Rayman

Chance:
50%

Second coin flip in a row I think. He could be he could not. Ubisoft would be silly to not allow him in but with only a port on the Switch of a game series that Ubisoft backed out of being Nintendo exclusive I'm not sure if Nintendo cares too much, he's not really a massive icon, but he's not exactly small. Then there's the matter of Rabbids and what Ubisoft would rather push...

Want: 65%

My first PC game was Rayman and I like the latest plaformers, but I'll admit that I haven't had the greatest time with either and there are far better games in both genres (3D and 2D platforming). Still, there's some memories there.

Krystal Prediction: 26.04%

My prediction is (to me) crazy damn high because (for some reason that I can't fathom) Nintendo superfans on here and the subreddit LOVE the idea of her in Smash, and will probably think that she actually has a sizeable following because of it.

Nominations:
Andy x 3
Travis Touchdown x 2

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
Rayman

Chances: 40%
I don't know how Sakurai will priorize third parties this time, but he is requested a lot.
Want: 20%
I think he is boring and I don't like the games that much. But would bee cool addition

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Rayman

Chance: 15%
Want: 0%

A third party I have no attachment to in the slightest...Nothing that interests me. I even knew about Bayonetta as a character. Rayman...literally who?

I think most of the hype for Rayman comes from two sources: the 'leak' last game, and the trophy in game. I think the trophy was odd, since there was really no reference to the game elsewhere (e.g. a stage), which made it unique as a 3rd party trophy went (but does open the door for 3rd party trophies now, which I do think is cool). Still, I've never heard about the series until I saw it.

There was definitely a lot of hype generated from the fake leak, but no more than is generated for fake leaks of other characters. That one make such an impact because it was well done and believable in the first place.

Doesn't Rayman have the same series as the Rabbids? And the Rabbids made a game with Mario et al, but was Rayman out of that? Would the Rabbids be more appropriate? Or am I way off base here? Like I said, I don't think he's as pervasive a character as people expect.

Prediction for Krystal: 35%
Nomination: Mewtwo x5

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Rayman:

Chance: 30%
Rayman's in a bit of an odd spot. While I am expecting a fairly sizeable number of new third party characters (three more at least), he has the unfortunate distinction of being the least recognizable of the third parties I could see making it in. His competitors have their own pitfalls, but their names tend to be more known than his. Steve, Bomberman, Phoenix Wright, Amaterasu, Professor Layton, Crash, Dovahkiin, and Sora are all arguably bigger industry names.

That said, Ubisoft is uniquely friendly with Nintendo as of late, consistently releasing titles even for the Wii U, and being one of the very, very few companies entrusted with the Mario brand when developing Mario + Rabbids. Considering how close the companies have been, I would honestly say Rayman's got some great chances...

But there's still a catch. Even from his own company, there's a chance that the Rabbids could be chosen before Rayman to represent the company in Smash, especially considering how well Mario + Rabbids was received.

Overall, I'd say he's in a good place as far as third parties go, but I wouldn't consider him a lock by any means.

Want: Abstain
I understand the appeal of the character from an outside perspective, but I've never played any of the Rayman games, so I have no investment in the character.

Krystal Prediction: 4.65%
Nominations: Concept - Historical Character x5

TCT~Phantom TCT~Phantom I noticed that my nomination name was changed to include Retros, but I would like this concept to discuss exclusively the idea of a Mr. Game and Watch, R.O.B., or (arguably) Duck Hunt-like character whose inclusion serves as a nod to Nintendo's past history. I would consider this a separate concept from the "retro" characters like Ice Climbers, Pit, and (arguably) Little Mac. Would you be willing to rename the concept in the nomination list?

For Little Mac, see this quote:

Sakurai said:
“Punch-Out!!” arcade machines were in operation thirty years ago. The game was copyrighted in 1983–the same year that saw the birth of the Famicom.

Everything about the game was incredible to me: the wire-frame avatar and the cartoonishly exaggerated opponents, the multi-screen display reminiscent of the Nintendo DS, the synthesized speech. In a genre that tends toward launching punches at random, this game stood out as one that encouraged you to logically consider how to attack the opponent.

I suppose the Famicom version of the game is far more popular–which I of course understand, but its arcade predecessor is a classic in its own right.

D

Deleted member

Rayman

Chance: 7.5%

I'm hesitant to call any potential third party newcomer a lock or even a safe bet due to how unpredictable they can be, but he has his share of supporters.

Want: 80%

Sure.

Prediction: Krystal - 11.45%

Nomination: Shulk x5

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Rayman

Chance: 25%
Being a third party means his chances take a pretty good hit. However, he has decent popularity, his recent games have reached critical acclaim, is an iconic character, and Nintendo and Ubisoft's relationship has grown with the release of Mario + Rabbids. While one could possibly think this more gives the Rabbids a chance, Rayman is still Ubisoft's most historic character. While I wont sit here and deny that there isn't a possibility we'll get a Rabbid instead, if one character were to represent Ubisoft in Smash, it would most likely be Rayman.

Want: 100%
The Rayman series is my personal third favorite video game franchise of all-time, behind Sonic and Mario. Rayman's games are some among the best I've played, his character design is extremely unique, and perhaps most importantly, he would be an absolute joy in Smash. If you've played Origins and/or Legends, you'll know that his moveset is practically already made for him. Add in some moves from Rayman 2 and 3, and you'll have a fun as hell character. Sonic, Mario, and Rayman being in the same game fighting with or against each other would likely make that Smash my favorite game ever.

Prediction for Krystal: 30%

Nomination: Dr. Eggman x5

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Krystal Prediction: 26.04%
My prediction is (to me) crazy damn high because (for some reason that I can't fathom) Nintendo superfans on here and the subreddit LOVE the idea of her in Smash, and will probably think that she actually has a sizeable following because of it.
From my perspective at least, it's not so much an interest in Krystal as an interest in what she represents - A second, completely unique, moveset Star Fox.
Aside from the highly unlikely Full Body Andross that has also gathered support on here, I don't see anyone else who fits that want like she does.

As for Rayman, I'm pretty confused by his trophy not leading to anything more. I'm going to say:
Chance: 40%
Want: 25%

I prefer the Rayman of old, of Rayman 2 and 3, so I don't have a massive interest in his character now but I certainly don't hate him.

No prediction from me this time but hey, why not, I'll nominate Agumon x5.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Aside from the highly unlikely Full Body Andross that has also gathered support on here, I don't see anyone else who fits that want like she does.
There's probably a good reason for that.

Last edited by a moderator:

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Rayman

I'd say he's one of the more likely 3rd party choices. He'll have to compete with the Rabbids but my gut says Sakurai would choose him over them.

Want: 95%

He's my 2nd most wanted character. Rayman 2 was one of my most nostalgic games. I enjoyed Origins alot as well.

Predictions: Krystal 20.2%

Nominations: Hades x3 Pacman x2

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Rayman

Chance: 70%

He's a very likely 3rd party choice. Nintendo publishes his series in Japan, Mario x Rabbids was made with oversight by Nintendo...there are a lot of factors that are going for him.

The only downside is that he's not particularly popular/ commonly requested in Japan. With Sakurai saying he'd like to promote Japanese games, I'm not sure if he would pick a Western character (Remember, Diddy is the only Western character currently in Smash).

Also, there is a language barrier with Sakurai and the creator that might cause some issues or some anxiety on Sakurai's part. There's a lot of trust the creator has to give to Sakurai, so understanding each other is essential (I discussed it in great detail here).

I think Rayman did very well on the ballot, in part thanks to the Smashified team, so I think the fan demand (and legacy/importance) is there to warrant representation. It's just a matter if he can jump through these small hoops.

Want: 40%

No real attachment to the character. But I'd be happy for the fans.

Krystal Prediction: 25%

Top Bottom