• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Beat

Chance 1 - Hey a new Sega rep to talk about. Feels like it's been a minute. Sadly, it really does feel like Sega reps are either going to be Arle or Eggman for now. On top of that Sega appears to be done with the series with the last game being 18 years ago. The quote Dangan mentioned above feels like it's very bad for his chances as well. Overall it feels like Sega would have to dig past some huge contenders and then a few good outside shot characters/series like SMT to want to do this. And I personally just don't see that happening.

Want 50 - I know nothing about this game or character. It seems like it might be ok though? I don't hate the idea of talking about new characters from companies, especially with how Sega sometimes feels like it's just the Sonic vs. Arle show. There's others I'd rahter get first tbh so I don't particularly want Beat but overall I kinda just don't care either way on him.

Noms
Far Cry Rep x10

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Beat

Chance: 1% -
A lot of things are stacked against Beat. The biggest being SEGA's general lack of attention for the franchise, They refused to greenlight a new game, further relegating it to crossover fodder and are currently turning their attention towards Puyo Puyo and Yaukza, alongside the always-potent Sonic, which is celebrating a big anniversary this year. Furthermore, aside from a GBA entry, Jet Set Radio as a franchise is largely relegated to SEGA's own consoles, and Nintendo didn't even recieve the rereleases in 2012. So the franchise is in the eye of neither SEGA nor Nintendo, and I don't think the small level of fan support the franchise has is enough to get it to the status Banjo and Kazooie had.

Want: 30% - I've seem some gameplay of Jet Set Radio, and admittingly the game does look super cool! A skating-based moveset definitely has a lot of potential, and the music would no doubt be glorious! Though, I've never formed an attachment for the franchise, so I don't find myself actively supporting it. Furthermore, a second Sonic rep is one of my most wanted characters, so it's hard to support Beat in that regard. And if we get a brand new SEGA rep, I'd love to se Arle. Still, in terms of SEGA reps he definitely ranks well, and definitely choose him over, say, Sakura or a SMT rep (it's WAY too soon for the latter).

Nominations:
Concept: Miles Edgeworth as Phoenix Wright's alt/echo x5
[Rerate] Louie x5

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Composed by DJ Professor K himself

Chance: 1% Jet Set Radio is a dead franchise and that will never change. This isn't a death sentence per se as seen with Banjo, but Beat would need a ludicrous amount of demand to get that, which if we're all being honest, is not the case for Beat at all. But let's pretend that Beat's on the high end of requests for a bit, what then? Beat would still have a rough time for one major reason, competition. Why pick Beat, a character from a franchise that hasn't seen a new game in almost 20 years, over the likes of Kiryu, a character who's franchise became massively popular over the last few years and is now a generally common character request? Or the likes of Arle, who's always had massive popularity in Japan and seems to be one of their biggest requests? Or hell, another Sonic character? Beat simply cannot compete.

Want: 80% I've only played the original game which was really awkward to play, primarily when the game decided to crank up the combat to the point enemies are everywhere and fire off teargas literally everywhere on the map when you have no way of defending yourself. I hear Future fixes that but whatever. Despite this big issue and how it took years to get this ****ing game working for me, I did like what I saw, and Beat in Smash wouldn't be too difficult to envision, make his attacks breakdance moves or skate tricks and that'll cover your normals with ease. A stage with the general aesthetics sounds great and it's honestly rather fitting that we rated Neku who uses similar aesthetics right beforehand. Finally, the music. As much as a certain someone has disgraced himself with multiple 'jokes' about desiring to **** minors, one of these even directly being about the Smash community last week, the music is great and nothing like what Smash has ever seen.

Zagreus x10

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Chances: 2%

Despite him being made by SEGA which is actually a good thing for him his series has been kinda under the radar now and even in the past being only released on the Dreamcast and now some port on Vita, Xbox 360, PS3, GBA (that's 1) and Windows and a sequel on the Xbox. Achievement isn't everything for a character inclusion which honestly could be applied to Beat and his game as the series has won several awards and nomination but now the series is just used as a comparison for modern game with funky big city art style like Lethal League, Splatoon and TWEWY. The character has honestly turned into SEGA's forgotten series like Crazy Taxi and Golden Axe and is only helped by crossover but he will have to be like Morrigan to earn that popularity for a dead franchise and a big support like Banjo.

Want: 70%

I'm a huge fan of Jet Set Radio art style and I can't say that I don't want that to appear in Smash and the music chef's kiss it's wonderful and Naganuma i up there on my top favorite composer, not to say that I don't like Beat but his design isn't that appealing to me as I would prefer Combo or Gum more than him, but beggars can't be chooser.

Noms: Disgaea Rep x10

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
Beat

Chance: 2%

Banjo is exception in this regard. It's not something any character from any similarly dead franchise can relate to. From what I've seen Beat doesn't have what it takes to get invitation. Be it popularity, demand, relevancy etc. On top of that, Sega is still packed with competition, especially Arle from Puyo Puyo. Then, there is Sonic rep like Eggman. If Sega is not interested in this series, why would Nintendo care? Especially one with little to no demand? Although Banjo had huge support, Phil Spencer did boost the duo's popularity further. Sega seems to be interested in Yakuza and Puyopuyo. Yeah, at most, I can see Spirit event. That's it.

Want: Abstain

I remember watching gameplay. While I think Beat can bring some fun mechanic, I can't properly give judgment as of now. Maybe, one day, I will give the series a shot.

Nom: 3rd party company gets more than one fighter in the same pass x 10

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Beat
Chance:
10%
Jet Set Radio is an amazing series, but unfortunately they're very low on the Sega totem pole. The only game that's ever been rereleased is the first one (despite Jet Set Radio Future being a way better game) and when you factor in the competition from Yakuza, Puyo Puyo, Sonic, and even outliers like Shin Megami Tensei or Streets of Rage, I just don't see JSR having much of a chance. I'll give it this - it's in a better position than Crazy Taxi or Vectorman, but it's hardly blazing a trail right now so I just don't see it entering Smash.

Want: 70%
However...I'd LOVE to see JSR in Smash. Sure, it may not have the strongest legacy like other Sega frontrunners, but it still has a major legacy by being one of the first games to pioneer "cel shaded" graphics with its wholly unique art style. The soundtrack that was a combination of real world jams and Hideki Naganuma bangers is one of the most influential and well-remembered OSTs ever, with Naganuma himself still popping up in games (such as Bomb Rush Cyberfunk, a game clearly inspired by JSR). Plus, moveset-wise, Beat (and Rhyth - I am sure Beat would come with Rhyth as his player 2) would have such cool moves. An extreme sports rollerblading character that attacks by tagging with a spray paint can, dashing into folks, doing sick tricks? What's not to love? Combine that with the unique and beautiful aesthetic of Tokyo-To and you have a game that would add something totally cool and new to Smash while being a well-loved and well-remembered series in its own right.

Seriously, back during the Xbox days, the fact that the Xbox got Jet Set Radio Future and Shenmue 2 was HUGE. They were prime reasons for people to own an Xbox and a big reason I'd go to a friend's to play. Sega fans love JSR, and again while it may not be major nowadays, you can't deny the influence the art style and OST had on a generation.

Nominations: Beatrice x10

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
Beat
Chance: 1%
Jet Set Radio might have its fair amount of cult following, but SEGA hasn't done much with the series in years, beyond having Beat himself appear often in crossovers. It is worth noting though that when the chance arises he still does show up, so it shows they keep the franchise in some manner. Thing is, the series proper hasn't gotten the same luck, at most getting a rerelease of the first game. While the selection isn't SEGA's so this point could be moot, I don't see why Nintendo would have a lot of a reason to choose him out of the huge repertoire that SEGA still has at their disposal, many with notable Nintendo appareances that remain even still, like Puyo Puyo, or even those without but that remain quite active, like Yakuza. It's quite a shame, still hoping they do a JSRF port.

Want; 70%
Yeah why not? While my experience with the series is limited as I've just played the first game, I quite enjoyed what I played, and it'd be cool to get Beat. I don't see there being many hurdles in him translating to a Smash fighter either, even if some of his moves might be a little unconventional, I could see him being a character that favors being on the move constantly. It's also quite a nice choice from SEGA, even if I personally prefer say Arle, or Dr. Eggman, there are many SEGA characters that I'd be happy with being in the game, Beat is one of them.

Noms: Worms x10

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
THESE CHARACTERS ARE LOCKED DOWN, NOMINATIONS FOR THEM ARE OBSOLETE

Day 579: Pyra & Mythra presentation predictions
Day 580: Pyra & Mythra satisfaction
Day 581: Predictions for the last two characters

Day 582: Henry Stickmin (Henry Stickmin)
Day 583: Mii Costume: Madeline
Day 584: Concept: Team Fortress 2 rep
Day 585: John Marston (Red Dead)
Day 586: Concept: A 4X strategy rep
Day 587: Crazy Dave (Plants vs. Zombies)
Day 588: Velvet Crowe (Tales)

Crazy Dave passed Velvet Crowe by just one nomination in this schedule's only upset.

The new top seven consists of Excitebiker, Worms, Agent 47, Mike Haggar, and the concepts A 3rd party company gets more than one fighter in the same pass, Curly as Quote's alt/Echo, and League of Legends rep.

Excitebiker x305
Worms x300
Agent 47 x275
Mike Haggar x265
Concept: A 3rd party company gets more than one fighter in the same pass x260
Concept: Curly as Quote's alt/Echo x240
[Rerate] Concept: League of Legends rep x232

250 - 201

Billy & Jimmy Lee x230
Zagreus x230
Concept: Far Cry rep x224
Peppino (Pizza Tower) x207
Tetra x205

200 - 151

Concept: Miles Edgeworth as Phoenix Wright's Alt/Echo x195
[Rerate] Carmen Sandiego x180
Rallen (Spectrobes) x160
Kaede Akamatsu x155

150 - 101

Riptor x140
Boss: Rayquaza x140
Stage: Bowser's Castle x137
Mii Costume: Monika x135
Trevor Philips x135

Senator Armstrong x135
Estelle Bright x130
Concept: Skullgirls rep x119
Boss: Ender Dragon x118
D.Va x115

Concept: Disgaea rep x115
Concept: A BioShock protagonist x111
Mii Costume: 2B x110
Mii Costume: Alex Kidd x108
Fulgore x104

100 - 51

Stage: Tetris x100
Concept: From Software rep x95
Giygas x90
Echo (Bowser) x90

Grunty (Banjo-Kazooie) x85
Junpei (Zero Escape) x81
Concept: Darksiders rep x80
Sackboy x80
Ryza (Atelier) x75
Concept: More ATs as one new item x75
Dwight Fairfield (Dead by Daylight) x75
Concept: Rocket League rep x75
[Rerate] Concept: New Zelda character x70
Echo (Olimar) x66
Concept: SNES-era Final Fantasy rep x65
Ghirahim x60
Gooigi x55
Vi (Bug Fables) x55
Echo: Zeraora (Lucario) x55
[Rerate] Jin Kazama x55
Magolor x55
Jin Sakai x55

50 - 25

[Rerate] Zhao Yun x50
[Rerate] Agumon x40
Mii Costume: Zagreus x40

[Rerate] Louie x35
Filia (Skullgirls) x31
Beatrice (Umineko) x30
Concept: Large and Normal Final Destination made into separate stages x25

Under 25

Regigigas x20
[Rerate] Metal Sonic x20
Concept: Danganronpa protagonist x20
Demi-Fiend x20
Yarn Yoshi x15
[Rerate] Shovel Knight x15
Tetris x10
Slash Kamei (Snowboard Kids) x10
[Rerate] Yuri Lowell x10
Jesse (Control) x10
Infernape x10
Concept: Rocket League content x5
[Rerate] Thrall x5
[Rerate] Lara Croft x5
Stage: Tetris 99 x5
Concept: Raizing shmup rep x5
Donbe and Hikari x5
Soma Cruz x5
Concept: KOS-MOS with T-elos alt x5
[Rerate] Master Hand x5
[Rerate] Arthur x5
Pyramid Head x5
[Rerate] Elma x5
[Rerate] Brian x5

Meat Boy x5
Garchomp x5
Gunvolt x5
[Rerate] Gex x5
Firebrand x1

Kaede Akamatsu finds more than 150 noms.

Beatrice escapes the under 25 club.

Joining the noms list are the dreaded triple-G, consisting of Garchomp, Gunvolt and Gex! All three start out with 5 noms.

Perkilator Perkilator You probably want to edit your noms.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Beat from Jet Set Radio

Chance: 1%

As the resident SEGA enthusiast and expert, I can safely say that this is just... Not happening at all lmfao. First off let’s be real, this franchise is not really hot on SEGA’s mind, outside of the few western-developed crossovers by Sumo Digital, the games rarely if ever get acknowledged by SEGA and are usually lucky to even get a cameo in other games. There’s also no signs of the series having new games in development, hell a spiritual successor with some of the original staff is being made so there probably isn’t even a NEED for another game, and the fact the series was always an underground thing to begin with... Yeah I don’t see this one happening, at all. Would be legitimately surprised if it even got a Mii Costume.

Want: 90%

I love Jet Set Radio and I love Beat as well. Honestly any SEGA character would make me hype and his songs would be bangers as well since Hideki Naganuma always delivers on those. I would love to see how they’d handle him in Smash and I think he could be really neat. Hopefully he has a game first though heh heh.

Nominations:
Kaede Akamatsu (x10)

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Graffiti is punishable with helicopter strikes
Chance: 0.5%
Jet Set Radio is still well regarded today and certainly has a decent following but SEGA doesn't seem to give it much attention these days aside from the ocasional spin-off appearance. They've pretty much dropped the IP as it seems and Nintendo has little reason to choose Beat becasue of it. As far as prominent SEGA characters go, Beat faces some really stiff competition from the likes of Arle, Eggman and Kiryu. All of whom are much more demanded and from much more succesfull series. Maybe he could get a Mii costume if Sakurai personally wants it but I doubt Beat is next in line in any case.

Want: 30%
I've played a little bit of JSR. I'm not a huge fan of how the game controlls but the aesthetic is certainly wicked. Hideki Naganuma may be hugely unfunny on Twitter but he sure knows how to make some tunes. Might be worth it for the soundtrack alone. Not sure if that's enough reason to prefer Beat over the characters mentioned above however.

Skullgirls rep x10

Pillow

Smash Lord
Beat
Chance - 1%
I'm not sure I have much meaningful to add to this conversation that hasn't already been stated. It's a very dead franchise that has pretty much nothing going for it in terms of Smash representation. I do like the general aesthetic of the game, from what I've seen, but I think The World Ends With You accomplishes a similar aesthetic while being more successful, more relevant, and having closer ties to Nintendo.

Want - 30%
Eh, I wouldn't be disappointed or anything. He looks cool and all, but I'm not attached to him as a character or his series. He doesn't have a particularly large fanbase either so once again I can't be happy for other people's happiness like I could for Crash Bandicoot or something similar.

Noms-
FromSoft x 5

Last edited:

Inue Houji

Purplish Wig
Beat
Chance: 0.5%
Unfortunately the franchise seems to be dead. It is still highly requested though when it comes to franchises Sega should revive. The games have been critically praised, and are certainly unique, so it does have some merit.
The only way it's gonna get in though is if it gets a sequel/remaster Sega wants to promote. As of now, there's not even rumors regarding that, so it doesn't bode well.

Want: 100%
I could probably give 100% just for the music alone. However, Jet Set Radio Future was the first ever game I owned, bundled with Sega GT 2002 for the original Xbox.
I played this game over and over, but I never got more than about halfway in. For some reason I couldn't progress. Still had fun though, and I deeply regret selling my Xbox.
You don't realize what you have until it's gone :202:

Nominations
Rallen x10

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Day over.

We will now being doing predictions for the Pyra/Mythra Presentation which will be airing tomorrow at 6:00 am PT/9:00 am EST. Write down everything you expect to see during the presentation. Afterwards we will be doing satisfaction scores where we rate how satisfied we are with Pyra/Mythra and the Xenoblade content they brought along with them.

Megadoomer Megadoomer

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Pyra and Mythra predictions

Got nothing to really add as fsr as moveset and music becuase i haven't played XB2. I will predict that we get mythra as the more lightweight and quick one while Pyra has more power

For Mii Costumes im expecting the death of Lloyd. We'll likely get one other surprise death as well as some XB costumes like Elma.

Outisde of that I think we'll maybe get more Amiibos announced and a very outside shot at us getting more dlc

Noms:
Far Cry x10

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Hit it to the beat.

Chance: 5%. I don't think we're gonna see Beat in this game. Everybody else has said why, so I'll just list the points I feel make the biggest case. We won't get a new JSR game anytime soon, competition is too strong, etc.

Want: 0%. Arle. Also I dislike characters who skip out on multiple generations since their debut as a general rule as I feel like that's usually a sign of a lack of care. In Beat's case that's absolutely what I think.

Worms x max, not counting bonus noms. No predictions.

----

Pyra's Presentation + Mythra's Presentation
  1. Open with a COVID disclaimer.
  2. We're in the office again.
  3. Goes straight into Miis like Sephiroth.
  4. Mii Costume Round (9? I think it's 9)
    1. Rex will now be available for standalone purchase!
    2. Elma - SSBU x Xenoblade Chronicles X
    3. Lora - SSBU x Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna the Golden Country
    4. Lloyd Irving - SSBU x Tales of Symphonia
    5. KOS-MOS - SSBU x Xenosaga
    6. A very special Mii Costume, in the enhanced style of Sans. Would say Freddy Fazbear for now. Could be a guy we all thought was happening like Ryu Hayabusa. No music.
  5. What is Xenoblade Chronicles 2? (Loredump, includes at least one spoiler. Also might allude to why it wasn't Rex, but the real reason will be delegated to a Sakurai Column in Famitsu.) A meme will be born here.
  6. Pyra and Mythra palette reveal.
  7. As part of Challenger Pack 9: Pyra Joins the Battle! Pyra moveset showcase.
    1. As part of Challenger Pack 9: Pyra Joins the Battle! + Mythra too! Mythra moveset showcase.
  8. Challenger Pack 9 stage showcase. Dunno the name. Will have more cameos from both the other blades and maybe an NPC or two. Some unrevealed stage hazard is in play.
  9. Let's see them in action! - This time, the action will take place in either World of Light or Century Smash (not All Star Smash. That'll be reserved for the last character.). Possibly Home-Run Contest.
  10. Da music! - 9 Xenoblade 2 tracks. Compatible with both the new stage and Gaur Plains. At least one song Xenoblade 2 fans hope really makes it will fail to make it in.
  11. Version 11.0.0 - Brought up mostly as a courtesy. Might include some more fixes to online, might include new rules. Maybe even a new item based on Xenoblade 2!
  12. No amiibo section.
  13. Go home.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Using the one hour rule to get my thoughts on Beat in.

Chance: abstain
Pretty much the reason it took me this long to post is because I don't know where to peg his chances. I think less notable characters have an advantage for these last two spots but I still think Beat would get out prioritized by the likes of SMT and SoR. And I'm not feeling a Sega rep.

Want: 100%
Jet Set Radio is a freaking classic. Anything it could get in Smash would be very much appreciated.

Noms: Hitman x10
Henry Stickmin prediction: uhhh like 2.3%?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Pythra presentation predictions

Miis: Lora (Brawler), Mecha-Fiora (Swordfighter), Monster Hunter Vanilla Armor (Swordfighter), Monster Hunter Rathalos Armor (Swordfighter), The Knight from Hollow Knight (PreMiium Swordfighter, comes with Sealed Vessel remix)
Spirit Board: Rex, Nia, Morag, Zeke, Tora, Poppi, Poppi QT (evolves into QT Pi), Pandoria, Dromarch, Blade Nia, Malos, Jin, Lora
Palettes:
Pyra: Rex, Zeke, Tora, Nia, Morag, Lora, Disguise Hoodie alt
Mythra: Blade Nia, Poppi QT Pi, Brighid, Pandoria, Dromarch, Jin, Pneuma or Malos. No references to KOS-MOS, T-elos or Elma
Music: the volume of the two base game XC2 songs is fixed. More XC2 songs, some XCDE songs, no X or Xenosaga songs.
amiibo: only one announced so far - Min Min
Near the end: Even MORE fighters now in development! However, we’ll be taking a brief break after Volume 2 finishes. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate will return in April 2022!

this all is so KOS-MOS and/or Elma can have a chance later

Misc: Explanation at the start as to why Pythra was chosen over Rex. Hint: they won’t mention the pass 1 Rex Mii but rather that the Driver-Blade mechanic was too hard to implement so he referenced the Blades fighting solo in Torna. Also, Shulk’s model is fixed up.

Nomination: Octoling x5

Last edited:

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Prediction for them, not much. I expect some new soundtracks and a bit of Mii Costumes, along with Moveset discussion, but that is all that I am predicting for the presentation.

I just hope that Xenoblade X does not get ignored, That is all I am going to say about that.

Noms: 5 for Boss: Ender Dragon

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Predictions:
  1. COVID disclaimer
  2. Sakurai decides to show Mii costumes first moving forward
  3. Explanation on the Xeno series, specifically XC2
  4. Brief quip about how Shulk is friends with the Aegis girls
  5. Reasons for why the Aegis girls got in over Rex
  6. More depth on the transformation gimmick
  7. How Gramps' Back works
  8. A mix between XC2 music and XCX music
  9. Spirit Board
  10. The next amiibo
  11. Sephiroth's amiibo taking a bit longer to develop and having a special case due to his sword
  12. There's either a Vol. 3 or there isn't
Noms:
[Rerate] Crash Bandicoot ×5

Last edited:

Inue Houji

Purplish Wig
Oh, I thought the presentation was today, now I feel silly for asking for Beat to be postponed.

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Pyra/Mythra Presentation Predictions:
  • Sakurai gives a brief explanation as to why Rex wasn't picked similar to what he did with Spring Man in the Min Min presentation. My guess is one or more of the following reasons:
    • He's already a Mii Costume.
    • Pyra/Mythra were more marketable.
    • The Driver/Blade system was too difficult to make a fighter out of.
    • Request from a higher up.
  • Color Palettes: Pyra/Mythra's colors will probably be based on the actual alt costumes in Xenoblade 2 (like the Mythra colored alt for Pyra and vice versa). There will probably also be alts based on Xenosaga characters and the various party members/blades of Xenoblade 2 (probably even one for Pneuma). I could also see Pyra's hood disguise from Chapter 2 making an appearance.
  • Music: I'm expecting somewhere between 10-20 songs like with Byleth and Min Min. I also think a new remix of Counterattack is highly likely. Perhaps we may even get a song or two from Torna.
  • Spirits: The base game spirits appear on the board with some new ones like the Xenoblade 2 villains, some blades, and other characters like Vandham and Lora.
  • Mii Costumes:
    • Lloyd or Monster Hunter - I feel one of these two are definitely getting costume'd tomorrow. 50/50 chance for each of them.
    • KOS-MOS
    • Lora
    • Reyn or Melia - I can see a Xenoblade 1 tie-in happening with the remaster being so recent.
    • Elma
    • A new Deluxe costume - If it's Xeno related I can see it being Poppi or KOS-MOS as mentioned earlier. If not, probably a WTF pick.
    • Rex costume becomes a standalone purchase now.

Now as for personal wants... all I really want is Roaming the Wastes to make it in as a music track, a Morag/Brighid alt color or mii costume, and I guess a Poppi deluxe costume. A Lora costume would also be nice.

Nominations:
Curly as Quote's alt/echo x5

Last edited:

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Prediction:
  • Covid disclaimer
  • Talking about the date the video was recorded
  • Disclaimer that the gameplay isn't final
  • Reveal the mii costume:
    • Xenoblade stuff
    • KOS-MOS
    • Lloyd
  • Color palette reveal + explanation
  • Jump into Pyra/Mythra moveset explanation
  • Stage introduction
  • Fast forward to Sakurai trying out Pyra/Mythra Classic Mode
  • Amiibo release date as well as the character
  • ??
  • The end

Noms: Disgaea rep x10

Prediction, Satisfaction: 28,7%

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Predictions

-Intro from Sakurai about film date and COVID
-Xenoblade Introduction
-Explanation for why he chose Pyra and Mythra over Rex
-Moveset explanation
-Color Palettes, They will mostly be based off of the recolors in Xenoblade 2 and one based on KOS-MOS and Weltall as well as 2 costumes one that is Pyra's Fox hoodie and a unique to smash Bunny hoodie for Mythra (OR Mythra in her swimsuit) and a Pneuma costume where she has Red hair when it's Pyra
-Stage
-Music
-Spirits
-Moveset Demonstration: He will play through either the classic mode or a few spirits
-Mii costumes
  1. Lora
  2. Addam
  3. KOS-MOS
  4. Lloyd
  5. A unique costume in a vein similar to Travis or Sans
-Amiibo: Min Min & Steve as well as a reminder for the next wave
-Potentially a new announcement that is either coming later or with the patch
-Release date and closing statement.

Dukefire

Smash Master
I think that the Mii Costumes may go first like in Sephiroth's presents video.

Also, for those that are thinking about FP3 potential, wait for E3. That's a BIG event a lot of people will expect for news.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I guess I'll do predictions now.

Uhhh... Lloyd costume will come back. We'll probably get some really wild Miis because it's first party so, maybe a Western character? Aside from that, Sakurai will spoil classic mode for everyone, and... Dunno. Give an unconvincing explanation for why they got in over Rex (probably moveset?).

I expect tomorrow to be pretty standard, nothing worth getting anxious or excited about. I'll be watching to see if their moveset is cool (so far I'm not sold) and of course to watch the Mii Massacre of 2021.

If we're doing noms then I'll give them to Agent 47.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
  1. Standard COVID disclaimer in the intro
  2. "What is Xenoblade Chronicles 2?" Possibly explains the rest of the Xenoblade series, or maybe even Xeno as a whole
  3. "Now, you may be thinking Rex is the protagonist..." (Explains why Rex is the new Chrom)
  4. Moveset overview
  5. Alts are based on Drivers for Pyra and Blades for Mythra. Maybe a special costume for the last slot?
  6. Blades in action; I'm betting :ultlink::ultzss::ultdarkpit: as their trailer opponents, like with Min Min
  7. Stage overview (REXBOB ME BOI I HAVE BEEN COMPACTED INTO A LEGALLY COMPETITIVE STAGE AND AM IN EXTREME PAIN)
  8. Spirit Board?
  9. Tracklist; Maybe it has XCX/XCDE tracks too?
  10. Mii Costumes; Based on Byleth and Min Min, there won't be many XC2 Miis
    1. KOS-MOS
    2. Monster Hunters
    3. Euden
    4. Elma and/or some crazy curveball Mii in the vein of Altair or Vault Boy
    5. Rex Mii is now available for purchase separately
  11. Release of the remaining FP1 Amiibos. Maybe Amiibos for Pyra and Mythra will be revealed as well, but I think we'll be waiting until CP10 for that.
  12. Statement about how Smash is nearing its end and Sakurai will finally get that break

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
I think that the Mii Costumes may go first like in Sephiroth's presents video.

Also, for those that are thinking about FP3 potential, wait for E3. That's a BIG event a lot of people will expect for news.
True, but they did reveal FP2 was happening in September last time

Top Bottom