• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Famicom Detective Club: Wow this looks super ****ing choppy, but hey, might be worthwhi- 70 bucks are you ****ing kidding me?
Turns out this actually isn't the case, as buying one of them gives you a $10 discount on the other.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Turns out this actually isn't the case, as buying one of them gives you a $10 discount on the other.
That's weird, I looked it up to check for myself and they aren't sold seperately. That's good, it still looks choppy as **** but I'll wait for opinions on the game if I want it

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Don't care about generic underage p*rn girls, because I'm not a creep. But it gives me total validation since it acts as proof that nobody has ever given a single crap about Rex. All those times people were trying to say that he was a good character that they liked? All just empty words. Just watch, when Xenoblade 3 comes people will SCREAM that the generic forgettable new main character just HAS to be in Smash. At least nobody even plays the generic anime Nintendo-owned characters on the online play so I will never have to look at that overly sexualized cringe.

Triangle Strategy looks awesome. Glad to see that the Octopath style games are going to continue since I was worried that the entire team was focused only on Bravely Default 2.

What's the point of Splatoon 3 when they could just add expansion passes to Splatoon 2? It looks like the same game to me IDK

Rest are ports. Who cares. If you ever feel the desire to buy third party games on switch just take that money and put it into the "BUILD A PC" jar instead.
I REALLY don't want to start something, but... I'm just gonna say this: this post is very, VERY ignorant on SEVERAL things.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Yes of course.
great

so over all id give the direct a 50% it was a rather mixed bag for me to be honest.
as i said earlier im fine with pyra/mythra but i would have preferred rex. and i agree with the sentiments a few of you have said that them on their own as opposed to with rex doesnt really make sense.
most of the nintendo games were good for me, the exception being mario golf. it is a bit of a shame to see chamelot is stuck in their loop.
splatoon 3 is something im greatly looking forward too, despite how bad i am at the other two.
im so pleased we're getting famicom detective club. ive been hoping for this for a while
ive already bought the Aoc dlc and as the zelda nut i am theres no way im not getting SS HD
miitopia port is very welcome news. i loved it on the 3ds and the new features look fun
my island is gonna be covered in all the mario furniture
as for the 3rd party stuff, wasnt as bothered by. BD2 ive still got on pre order but im still not sure what to make of it. something about it feels a little off compared to the other two
project triangle stratagey ill keep and eye on. though it does look like octopath does fire emblem
none of the rest really caught my attention
that DC thing just confused me

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Direct reactions:

Smash:
Really loved this reveal. I wanted a Xeno character to get added into Smash since I felt the series was lacking any new content in Ultimate. Pyra/Mythra being a stance fighter is also the cherry on top since I wanted a new stance fighter in Smash for over a year now. I'm okay with Rex being a taunt and a final smash, Pyra and Mythra still represent everything cool about XC2, and tbh I think everyone who wanted Rex is happy about this reveal. Hopefully KOS-MOS and T-elos get an alt color for Pyra and Mythra.

Fall Guys:
Ded game, I played it for a month and dropped it.

Samurai Warriors 5:
It's another muso, not really interested.

Mario Golf:
Actually excited for this one, Wario and Bowser look like kings with their drip.

No More Heroes 3:
Yup it's No More Heroes alright, I'm glad we finally got a release date.

Neon White:
Seems interesting, didn't expect the combination with cards and FPS.

Project Triangle:
I was burnt out by Octopath Traveler since the stories were separate and the characters didn't interact. I know this game seems different but I'll hold back from buying it until I see actual improvements.

Ninja Gaiden Collection:
FINALLY. YES **** YES I WAS WAITING FOR A COLLECTION LIKE THIS FOR SO MANY YEARS.

BotW 2:

Splatoon 3:
Didn't expect this one so soon. I voted for Chaos at the last splatfest so I'm a bit pumped about the setting of this game.

Overall it was an okay direct. Smash, Ninja Gaiden, Mario Golf, and Splatoon 3 were the highlights for me.

Also yo nintendo where's muh metroid?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If I had to give a satisfaction rating for the latest reveal, it'd be 80%.

I wish I could have been more hyped, but there was a few concerns in this trailer:
• Not starting with the usual intro, thus leading to speculate it was going to be a definitive re-release of Xenoblade 2.
• Rex getting :ultchrom:'d in the end.
• Maybe it'll get fixed by the time of release, but I wished the other party members were more detailed.

In the end, while it wasn't a new ARMS situation, it appears to be more like a KOS-MOS one.
While she's not the main protagonist per se, Pythra is the more recognizable, and marketable, face of the game, and it makes sense she got the priority.

My take on this is that Sakurai planned to make Rex playable as well, but it would have ended to be too convoluted to play as a fighter managing with 2 and a half different movesets, and thus he ultimately came to make this concession.

Anyway, Xenoblade 2 gets at long last proper justice in terms of representation.

As for the rest:

The good:
• The new Mario Golf. As a big fan of the Toadstool Tour/Advance Tour duo, I am genuinely hyped for this game. Also running on the golf courses.
• Release date for NMH III.
• Physical release for Hades.

The bad:
• Skyward Sword HD.

Overall thoughts on this Direct:
Average/10

And to end on a depressing note:

Last edited by a moderator:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Gonna end the day sometime tonight, than back to regular business.

I will say this, we are not doing Pyra/Mythra satisfaction yet. With the Sakurai presents model, it honestly gives us a better picture sooner. So sometime early march, we will do the satisfaction ratings. After that, the only other fixed day as I alluded to earlier will be remaining FP2 predictions to see what changed (for me, not much lol).

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Gonna end the day sometime tonight, than back to regular business.

I will say this, we are not doing Pyra/Mythra satisfaction yet. With the Sakurai presents model, it honestly gives us a better picture sooner. So sometime early march, we will do the satisfaction ratings. After that, the only other fixed day as I alluded to earlier will be remaining FP2 predictions to see what changed (for me, not much lol).
I don't get this cause I know we didn't wait for Steve's presentation for his satisfaction rating when that was just another 2 days whereas we don't have a date on this

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
I don't get this cause I know we didn't wait for Steve's presentation for his satisfaction rating when that was just another 2 days whereas we don't have a date on this
We did it for Sephiroth and this one, so we figured it might be worth waiting. Outside of Steve, we did it for Terry, Byleth, Min Min, and Sephiroth, so it makes sense to try it again. Honestly Steve was the outlier rather than the norm.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
We've always waited until after the full gameplay breakdown before satisfaction scores, such as waiting until Joker's gameplay months later.

The only exception was Steve which... yeah that was a screwup on my end since everyone was going crazy over Steve and I wanted to hear people's thoughts. Easily one of the biggest regrets I've had in this thread.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
We've always waited until after the full gameplay breakdown before satisfaction scores, such as waiting until Joker's gameplay months later.

The only exception was Steve which... yeah that was a screwup on my end since everyone was going crazy over Steve and I wanted to hear people's thoughts. Easily one of the biggest regrets I've had in this thread.
To be fair, we also jumped the gun on Hero and Banjo. That being said, Joker, Terry, Byleth, Min Min, and Sephiroth all do set a bit of a pattern.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
We did it for Sephiroth and this one, so we figured it might be worth waiting. Outside of Steve, we did it for Terry, Byleth, Min Min, and Sephiroth, so it makes sense to try it again. Honestly Steve was the outlier rather than the norm.
Fair enough

I missed the 'in this thread' part and thought "Damn bro you've had it easy" lmao

jpeg2k

Smash Rookie
Direct Reactions:

Pyra: Genuinely the one character I did not want to see as DLC aside from Rayman and Rex. Not for me, happy for the fans, just let down as we already had Xenoblade 2 music and spirits in the base game. Gonna assume this is the last first-party too which is a bit of a letdown. But who knows, some of the moves looked kinda fresh! And the Pokemon Trainer style switching for a swordie could be nice.

Famicom Detective Club: I will not buy it again as I have it on cartridge and played a translation, graphics look rough but glad it's getting some well-deserved recognition.

There were so many third-party and first-party ports and collections which really dampened things for me, directs like these really make me question why I have a Switch in the first place aside from portable indies and the rare new first-party that's actually solid. I was super pumped when Miitopia popped up but I'm not buying an HD 3DS game for $50.

Mario Golf: Honestly kept thinking it was a new Tennis after the direct, aside from the running it looked really generic and I don't wanna put much hype into a sports game after Aces was such a letdown. But hey, RPG mechanics from GBA are back! Might pick it up on sale.

NMH3: God, this game looks gorgeous. So glad it has a solid release date.

Triangle: I love strategy games, but hoo boy this portion went on forever. Salt and Iron got a chuckle out of me, but the engine looks stunning still! Maybe I'll cop, but didn't really pique my interest, felt really bland and by the books.

New DR Game thing: I forget the name of it, but all my homies and I thought it was by Game Freak at first. The DR games are my guilty pleasure, and if it has the same god awful writing and voice acting, might pick it up! The hand-drawn boss looked so sick.

Zelda: Not a huge fan, but was hoping for maybe Wind Waker HD to get on Switch, but only Skyward Sword. Yet again feels weird to only have that for $60.

Splatoon 3: SO good! Same engine it looks like, but the art direction and world building is immaculate as always. If it has a solid single-player from the start, I'll def buy!

Overall: I was honestly really tired after this direct. There wasn't much for me, a lot of RPGs or ports from past eras. Smash has all I want in it aside from Rhythm Heaven, after Steve I knew that nothin' could top it, just had hoped the other first-party was something more classic Nintendo and less weirdly sexualized. Idk, like I really was hoping for more female representation, and MinMin was a great place to start! But God, Pyra just sticks out like a sore thumb, and seeing all the posting under Sakurai's tweet just made me feel gross tbh. Hopefully, Nintendo has a proper E3 this year, and the Pokemon anniversary is next week. I'll give this direct a solid 4/10. Not for me, but I understand it made people happy, and Splatoon not having gender is a plus.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Alright, I'm coming out of my hermit shack just this once for the occasion.

I love Xenoblade 2. It's been one of my favorite games since I first played it and I've gone on record stating that while I'd love to see a XC2 fighter in this game, I'd also resigned myself to the fate that it was "almost certainly" only going to be Main-Protag-Privilege Rex, if anything. Well, yesterday was a welcome surprise, to say the least. When I first saw the clouds in the trailer, I really expected it to be some Xenoblade Warriors type ****. My heart sank a little when I saw the spikes of FD and realized it was just Smash, but I got over it pretty quickly since I didn't really expect Xenoblade to show up at all in this Direct. People talk about how it was "obvious" it was Smash from the get-go, but damn if they didn't have me fooled.

I'm just gonna say it: Pyra & Mythra's was my favorite reveal thus far, and if I still cared about Smash, I probably would have been jumping out of my seat in excitement. Hell, even as a hardcore Xenofan, it makes me giddy watching it again and again. I especially love how they got Monolith Soft to animate the first part of the trailer in the style of the XC2 cutscenes; absolutely amazing touch right there. And if I'm honest, it is pretty hilarious how Rex got cucked out of a playable spot in favor of his sidekick. Not even because I don't like him, just because it's a breath of fresh air to see a character in Smash who isn't a main character/villain. Smash seriously needs to do stuff like that more often. And even if you don't like Pyra's design (coward), you have to admit that the shot of her and Shulk crossing swords in front of the Mechonis is pretty damn incredible:

As for Pythra herself, she looks cool. I see a lot of people saying that something is lost by not having her with Rex, and on one hand I'd kind of agree, but on the other hand, the faux-stance change idea they went with seems a lot more interesting and intuitive to me than having Rex with a sentient body pillow tethered to him. Sometimes a fighter doesn't need a gajillion kooky gimmicks stapled to them to be cool. Sometimes you just need... a cool fighter. (And hey, this time they DIDN'T spoil the most pivotal plot twist in the game in the character's Final Smash! Second time's the charm, right?) And as much as I would have wanted it to be Zeke, at the least the omega chad himself got a model:

If I can say anything bad about this reveal, it's that the timing just isn't really there for most people. Xenoblade 2 is going on 4 years old at this point, and if they were going to add a character from it, you'd think they would have done it in the base game, or at least the first Fighter Pass. But hey, better late than never, I'd say. (And besides, more Xenoblade music is an intrinsic good in and of itself. You can't deny that.)

TL;DR, Pyra's awesome, and I pretty much couldn't be happier about her inclusion. It's not enough to get me back into the game (not even close; they'd have to make the game itself better for me to touch it again), but after enjoying what's probably been the most controversial DLC reveal bar Byleth, I now finally understand what it means to revel in the salt.

...oh, and the rest of the Direct was alright, I guess. Nothing that really did anything for me outside of Pyra/Mythra. Splatoon 3 looks neat, I guess, but it does kind of look like they're making the same game a third time in a row. Only time will tell, I guess.

Last edited:

SwitchButton

Banned via Administration
I REALLY don't want to start something, but... I'm just gonna say this: this post is very, VERY ignorant on SEVERAL things.
You are objectively lying unless you say specifically what's wrong with my statements.

Oh wait you can't.

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Smash
To be honest, I wasn't really expecting us to get a Xenoblade newcomer in this pass. They had already released Rex's Mii costume for Fighters Pass 1, and the idea of us getting a XCX remake within the year alongside Elma in Smash kind of felt like wishful thinking. On top of that, I felt that if they were going to add a XC2 character that they would have done it by now. I definitely wasn't as confident as other people, even though I felt that Xenoblade definitely deserved a new character.

When that trailer first started, I knew for sure that it was Smash. I let out a bit of a "whatever" when it looked like it was gonna be Rex. I'm sorry Rex fans, but I am not a fan of this character. His design and personality just never appealed to me.

Then he started looking for Pyra and I started getting much more excited. Before I had played XC2, I remember thinking that Pyra looked like a good fit for Smash. Her design looked really interesting, and it seemed as though she was gonna be a main character alongside Rex. I even made a prediction roster before Ultimate's reveal that had Pyra as a newcomer. But after playing XC2, I realized that Rex was very clearly the main character and that most fans felt that he should be the one added to Smash if we were to get a Xeno newcomer.

But instead we actually did get Pyra and Mythra! I'll be honest, I enjoyed Xenoblade Chronicles, I adored Xenoblade X, but I was never crazy about Xenoblade 2. I'm not sure exactly what it was. The story, the characters, the art style, something just didn't click with me. That said, if we were gonna get a Xenoblade newcomer, it always made sense to pull from XC2 as it's a much more successful game. So while I definitely would have preferred Elma, Pyra/Mythra is still a fantastic choice! I'm so happy with the way they turned out, and it feels like Xenoblade is getting some really solid representation with their inclusions. I can't wait to get my hands on them!

I also disagree with those who believe that having Pyra without Rex is awkward. Having Pyra/Mythra as a stance change fighter seems a lot more interesting and practical than most of the ideas I saw for a Rex/Pyra moveset. And even if Rex is the "main character" of XC2, that doesn't mean that he's the entire essence of the game. Sure Elio is the main character of Pokemon Sun/Moon, but that doesn't mean that he should be added to Smash. As far as I'm concerned, having a blade without a driver is just as weird as having a Pokemon without a trainer. In that it's perfectly fine and not weird at all. That may not be a perfect example, but that's basically the way I see it.

Anyways, Pyra was never quite on my most wanted list, but I'm very happy for all of her fans. As a Min Min fan, I gotta admit that this is probably the best 1st party DLC reveal we've gotten so far.

Other things
I'm extremely excited for the Ninja Gaiden Trilogy. I actually find the Sigma games to be really enjoyable, so having all three of them on the Switch is awesome! Kind of bummed we got Mario Golf instead of Golden Sun, but I'm not surprised in the slightest. Also Splatoon 3 let's goooo!!

Last edited:

SwitchButton

This post was warned fir hostile and trolling behavior.
Well you called anyone who likes Xenoblade 2 pedophiles
Source? Show me the exact words. Do not paraphrase. We don't do that here.

went on some anti console rant for no real reason

and then when someone called you out on it said that they couldn't prove you wrong.
You can't call someone out if your only argument is "my feelings are hurt"

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom

You can't call someone out if your only argument is "my feelings are hurt"
Well let's take this one step at a time.
Don't care about generic underage p*rn girls, because I'm not a creep.
Thats source number one, not looking too good for you.

Or you could not waste your moneys on a machine you'll just return to gamestop in 5-6 years lol
Sounds like someone recently spend nearly 1K on a new home console he'll own for less then 10 years :)

Did you cool your PC's motherboard by pouring soda pop onto it or something cause that's the only way something this silly happens
And this one got you warned by site moderation, not looking so hot. Strike two.

You are objectively lying unless you say specifically what's wrong with my statements.

Oh wait you can't.
And that's strike three. If you are going to be snarky you might want to have thought about what you posted before someone could simply search them and quickly bring them up.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
How is this I’m related at all tBandana Dee?

Drop the subject now or we will start issuing warnings. We’ve done so already but continued discussion on this highly inappropriate topic will result in more.

I highly recommend dropping this line of conversation and go back to the heart of the matter: Bandana Dee.
I'm reporting you for spam, Bandana Dee has nothing to do with this smh

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
How is this I’m related at all tBandana Dee?

Drop the subject now or we will start issuing warnings. We’ve done so already but continued discussion on this highly inappropriate topic will result in more.

I highly recommend dropping this line of conversation and go back to the heart of the matter: Bandana Dee.
Glad you came to help moderate but idk how you got to Bandana Dee given this day lol.

sw:tchbutton

Thats source number one, not looking too good for you.
Not looking to good for you. Where is it that I call fans of the game pedophiles? My statement was about me alone not being a creep, since I have no interest in sexualized little children girls. So that's one lie from you.

And this one got you warned by site moderation, not looking so hot. Strike two.
Your claim was "a rant about consoles" which I do not see in your quote. I'm simply commenting on how worthless third party games are on switch. You're up to TWO lies now. Not a good image.

And that's strike three
How? That quote is me calling someone out for having no argument. If you come to the debate table with no argument then you get called out.

So in total you lied about me three or more times, all because you're emotional and upset. Man, you should apply for congress you would fit right in.

Mr. MR

Smash Apprentice
Direct Reaction

Smash
I don't play Xenoblade but I never liked the idea of Rex as a character. He seemed kinda bland and basic main character stuff. So I actually like the idea of Pyra/Mythra without Rex more. I don't think this is a bad choice and it was close to our expectations but just enough off to make it interesting. Overall I just hope they are fun to play and I'll hold my breath for the Mii Costume reveals. All that being said I feel bad for Rex fans and I hope they get the Chrom treatment in the next game.

Outer Wilds
This game is amazing and overlooked. Probably not for everyone but the game is best enjoyed blind so it's difficult to convince people to try the game out. Read the comments of the Switch trailer for Outer Wilds and if that doesn't convince you to play it then you might later be convinced by friends who reconmend it to you after their play-through. I played it on PC and wished it was on the Switch so I could play it more comfortably. And now that it's on the Switch, I hope the weaker processing power doesn't produce too many problems.

Outer Wilds: My girlfriend was interested but the strict time limit puts her off. Can't say I care.
The time limit isn't really strict when staring off. It's a game where you can take your time and bask in its wonder. It can be frustrating sometimes when you need to accomplish certain tasks but most of the time it's the player that gets to decide the pace of the game.

Monster Hunter
We finally get to see what a rampage is and it looks crazy. In a good way. Rajang is back and will ruin your day. The new monsters revealed looked cool and the way the mud monster manipulates the environment makes it look like an interesting hunt.

Splatoon 3
This was a pleasant surprise and unexpected. I haven't played Splatoon but I'm interested in getting in to it now. It's also good to see Nintendo caring so much about a relatively new IP.

Ninja Gaiden
Well this certainly increases Ryu Hayabusa's chances.

Project Triangle
I plan on trying the demo and I hope it's good.

Age of Calamity DLC
I'm glad to see we are getting more content but I wish they could have shown more than just a list.

Skyward Sword
Sad to see no BotW2 news but Skyward Sword HD is ok I guess. I don't have much of an interest in getting it but I do like the control changes they made to it.

Overall I would give this direct a 73%
A few big reveals, some things I care about, and a lot I didn't care about.
Still no news on BotW2 or Prime 4 and that's a big downer and nothing about the anniversaries this year.
Basically a standard direct but after a huge drought I understand if it wasn't that satisfying.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
(Best to not comment on alt accounts, etc. It's treated as off-topic too)

Satisfaction:

Pyra/Mythra: 90%. I say this cause I admit I wish Rex was in, but I get it. More interesting movesets, and he's a way more special Mii costume than others. That said, they're really cool characters with unique abilities. Seem to be semi-clones of each other?

Oh, right, this gives me a little more hope for Agumon. But since Sakurai said they need their own gimmick, I can't see it unless Digivolution works uniquely. Not impossible, but it'd very cool.

Other stuff: Honestly, not much stood out to me besides new controls for SS HD. However, somebody made a joke on Miitopia with Quest 64(can't post the video due to languages), and I've seen it before. Not surprised. It's a fun thing to reference~

-----

For my predictions(for the direct), I'd say I would've gotten only "reveal trailer" right anyway. No Crash, no Reimu, etc. I can't remember what I've have posted. I didn't expect Mario Golf at the time, though I admit I considered it over GS.

For Predictions of actual playable characters; I still think Crash has a very good chance, though I can see Monster Hunter, Lloyd, somewhat Agumon, and Reimu.

...I don't know if we're doing noms today. Do note I'm not counting my direct predictions as if it were the previous day. I just wanted to throw my thoughts about it as is.

Last edited:

Zyliee

Smash Cadet
Satisfaction: 70%. Pyra is a good option and Xenoblade 2 needed it's rep after watching Chuggaconroy play it.

Other stuff: I am a huge Splatoon fan, playing since the first splatfest, so Splatoon 3 is a yes from me. I'm already on the idol prediction discourse among friends. Skyward Sword is a title I have been meaning to replay, especially since my sister has become the biggest Zelda fangirl and wants to get a Link cosplay for a convention. And also wishing that dodgeball game used the parody game characters then the bland trash that it is.

Prediction: is going to be based off this leak: https://arch.b4k.co/v/thread/539627752/#539627752 where the last two songs listed are from Crash Bandicoot and Monster Hunter. I'm eager for Crash and Monster Hunter fits my 'uninteresting last character' idea that Byleth and Bayonetta gave me before. I wish I could hope for a third character pass that isn't done by Sakurai, but I really doubt Nintendo will ever go 'live-service'.

D

Deleted member

However, if you were nominating something that was confirmed or disconfirmed, here's your chance to salvage those noms! Tagging [IMG alt="NintenZ"]https://smashboards.com/data/avatars/s/304/304607.jpg?1544201501[/IMG] NintenZ and [IMG alt="Velveeta Dream"]https://smashboards.com/data/avatars/s/427/427711.jpg?1607808601[/IMG] Velveeta Dream since you two are the ones I remember.
All the noms I have are going to Zagreus [as a fighter since there's 2 versions we could rate].

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
I am SO satisfied dude you don't even KNOW. I have been really annoying for the past 24 hours because I'm constantly repeating to all my friends that this direct was basically made for me. This is the Dan Direct. And not even because of Smash! Pythra are cool, I like XC2, but WOW so many other things in the direct hit me right in the heart.

(Shoulda been Rex though, I tend to like it when the protagonist comes in first. But I'm just happy XC2 is finally here since it clearly needed to be.)

Things I've been wanting for years have finally come true. First of all, Miitopia port! I recommend this game so much, it is one of the funniest experiences Nintendo has ever made. Not to mention it looks like there's a lot of great QoL, UI, and content updates. And it opens the door to a Tomodachi Life sequel. I think I would genuinely rank Tomodachi Life as the funniest game Nintendo has ever developed. Just ranking on pure humor element. Plus it's fun as a game too so that helps. Miitopia still stands on its own though and I am so happy it's getting another chance since it was a super late 3DS release. The soundtrack is also way better than it should be.

Famicom Detective Club baybeeeeeee! God I didn't expect we would actually get it, but I've wanted these games to be localized for so many years now. I love mystery stories and I love visual novels, so the chance to finally try out Nintendo's own progenitor to the genre just tickles me. Catch me campaigning for Ayumi Tachibana in Smash now. I haven't played them, so I can't say much on how good they are, but I'm just happy I finally get to try.

Project Triangle Strategy is a hilarious name. And it's a Final Fantasy Tactics take on one of the best JRPGs on the Switch, Octopath Traveler? Sign me the heck up. OT is probably one of the prettiest games ever, and seeing the HD-2.5D style become an actual codified series is so exciting. I did not expect them to take this in a strategy game direction next, but that's just so cool and new that I can't complain. I needed more Fire Emblem after the Shadow Dragon localization anyways.

And can't forget the big kicker, Splatoon 3. I really didn't expect another Splatoon on this console since they seemed to keep updating and supporting Spla2n well after the "final" Splatfest. But hey I'm not complaining, I'll take any new content in this awesome series. I'm okay with the 2022 release because I have too much other stuff to play lol.

Other stuff: Finally getting to play Skyward Sword will be exciting, I like remakes anyways. Ninja Gaiden ports are cool and Hayabusa needs to be in Smash like yesterday. Mario Golf is a neat touch because Mario sports games are always a riot, I just hope the pandemic ends soon so I can play with friends. I love Danganronpa so hearing it mentioned offhandedly there made me do a stupid smile.

Negatives are just the oppressive pricing again. Skyward Sword does not need to be 60 bucks, at least not without another game. The two FDC games do not need to add up to 60 bucks for thirty year old visual novels. Miitopia is a 3DS game that does not need to be 50 bucks. That stimmy better be coming soon.

So yeah, as you can see this direct was low-key. I can totally see why people would come away from it disappointed. All these things that I've been gushing about are small and specific. Lots of people wouldn't think they're straight up bad but wouldn't be jumping out of their seat for it. But not me baby! This hit me in SO MANY of my niche desires. I got so many things that I was not expecting whatsoever but cannot even WAIT for. Just for how specific this direct was to me, 100% satisfaction. it's too funny to give it anything less.

And of course, congratulations to the Pyhtra fans. Big condolences to the poor poor guy Rex and his fans.

jpeg2k

Smash Rookie
I feel like I'm the only one here who's interested in Neon White
cards? suck imo, and the gameplay looked real eh but machine girl doing a full video game ost is gonna be sooooo hype, will probably buy the soundtrack and not the game

Top Bottom