• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
I predict that some games will be announced, but not the ones you want. Also a new Smash character will be announced, but not the one you want.
Noms: Senator Armstrong x5

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
I can't beleive a character I made a character support thread actually made it into smash. I always hoped it would hapopen, and super happy its Pyra and Mythra, and I also predicted it would be just them and not rex!

I knew that They would happen eventually, because Sakurai really wanted them

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I can't beleive a character I made a character support thread actually made it into smash. I always hoped it would hapopen, and super happy its Pyra and Mythra, and I also predicted it would be just them and not rex!

I knew that They would happen eventually, because Sakurai really wanted them
It's weird that he went to them over Rex, because Rex is the protagonist, but it appears that Mii Fighter costumes now deconfirm as hard as Assist Trophies do. At least the Reimu/Crash/KOS-MOS rumor is now officially dead.

zferolie

Smash Hero
It's weird that he went to them over Rex, because Rex is the protagonist, but it appears that Mii Fighter costumes now deconfirm as hard as Assist Trophies do. At least the Reimu/Crash/KOS-MOS rumor is now officially dead.
Yeah I am thinking mii fighters are hard deconfirms, because Sakurai feels like thats good enough. But I can see why he went for Pyra/Mythra, because while Rex is the protag, those 2 do most of the fighting and have most of the abilities.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I still can't get over this. Pyra and Mythra, without Rex. What the %$#@.

They actually look pretty cool, too. It's a bit early to tell, but I may have found a new main here.

Anyways, F for Rex. Guess that grey area he was in leaned closer to the wrong side. Aside from him, I think we can rule out any DLC Mii Costumes, as well as any other Xeno rep.

Also, Crei-Mos rumor is dead and we don't have to put up with it anymore. Is nice.

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord

They actually look pretty cool, too. It's a bit early to tell, but I may have found a new main here.

Anyways, F for Rex. Guess that grey area he was in leaned closer to the wrong side. Aside from him, I think we can rule out any DLC Mii Costumes, as well as any other Xeno rep.

Also, Crei-Mos rumor is dead and we don't have to put up with it anymore. Is nice.
Dumb question: is the Crei Mos rumor the one that had Chun Li on it?

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Whelp, that was an underwhelming presentation. Probably gonna get Skyward Sword but aside from that nothing too interesting. Though the warp pipes for Animal Crossing are gonna have some fun utility!

Also every rumored Capcom thing except Ace Attorney, I'm disappointed.

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
Thanks for making this as a strong possibility, RTC. Hope whoever was pushing this idea is very happy right now

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
Reaction time?
The game announcements were the low point for me. Didn't see anything I'd consider my type honestly. Underwhelming all around.
The smash reveal is kind of a 50/50 for me. On the one hand, I don't have any interest in Xenoblade 2 nor those two characters.
On the other, however, THAT specific mechanic for swapping characters is something I NEEDED in Smash.
WE ALL NEEDED IT DON'T LIE.

Yiptap

Smash Lord
A very unexpected direct with unexpected announcements. As for Pyra, I would prefer if she were added with Rex, but not everything has to go your way, and that's ok. Pretty hype reveal. I'm extremely excited for Splatoon 3. It wasn't the most jam packed direct, but it kicked things off in the right direction.

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
...wel it wasn't another Pokemon atleast, this character is not for me at all tho.
I guess my holy trifecta won't be happening now, Bandana Dee especially gets hurt by this. Ouch....

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Well I changed my mind to Adol Christin silently just before, and... well it was a red-headed swordsman.

Confirmed!: Pyra & Mythra!

Out!: Rex, in particular. And it looks like he's joined the genuine never-ever club.

Not looking hot: Elma and all Mii Costumes, possibly even the base game ones, are in a lot of trouble.

Personally starting to doubt, but your mileage may very: Smaller third parties lost their slot, in my eyes and I still believe 10 is an E3 worthy third party and 11 is almost certainly a first party still. But this depends on your point of view.

Winners: Not the star of the game wins even harder. Previously the only cases were a corner case and a character after the protag got in already, but Pyra and Mythra clearly are not the protagonist (and they make a point).

zferolie

Smash Hero

I was calling that myself, but seemed like it was the underdog guess

zferolie

Smash Hero
Boy, sure seems this idea didn't actually go well before. Who even got this topic into discussion back then?

Really hard keks, lol

keks for sure. I'm happy to be the one really pushing them... but everyone was against us

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Boy, sure seems this idea didn't actually go well before. Who even got this topic into discussion back then?

Really hard keks, lol
Yeah, thats some schadenfreude. To be fair, almost everyone was predicting Rex to show up with Pyra. I guess the Mii costume was a death knell lol.

BowserKing

Smash Lord
My reaction:

I don’t know how to process this. I was expecting some Pokémon news, given it’s 25th university is coming soon, but there was no news at all. That was quite a bit of a downer. I just hope we get a Pokémon direct.

The Mario Golf, Splatoon 3, No More Heroes 3 and a few other games sound interesting. I also thought Splatoon 3 would not happen, but I will have to wait over a year for that game.

As for Smash, I’m honestly surprised that Pyramid and Mythra got in the game, and before Rex or Elma as well. But I don’t know what spirits will coming with them. But you know what, I take back the neutral opinion, I approve of them in Smash now. Also approving of Rex in Smash, but not as much as Elma.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
MII COSTUMES DO NOT DECONFIRM!

THIS IS NOT A ****ING DRILL!

I REPEAT.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Will post my reactions after a bit.

There will be a fixed schedule... of two days. Pyra/Mythra Satisfaction after the Sakurai Presents, and a FP remaining predictions. Just something simple.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
remind me is it just the smash stuff we do or the whole direct?

ill rate fighters 79 & 80 as theyre numbered

50% i really would have preferred rex with those two in tow. still it is amusing that even though just about everyone thought wed get a new xenoblade character we were all mostly wrong, what with everyone saying rex, elma and on occasion melia/fiora. still i do like them as characters despite their absurd design and ive already bought the whole pass. still the stage is great and more music spirits and maybe costumes is just great. come on zeke sword fighter. i do hope sakurai explains why its these two and why rex was toaded. also know we know that not every character has to play like in their own game as some seemed to suggest.

was it 20 noms? they all go to grunty

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
Haven't been on this thread in a while, but people really expected KOS-MOS and Reimu to be in? LMFAO
At least Crash still makes sense.

Anyway, I'm pretty satisfied with Pyra and Mythra. I'm open to just about any character at this point, as long as they're fun. Also by Rex not making it, this is further proof that Mii costumes are a source of doom for any character. Other than that and Splatoon 3, the direct was pretty disappointing. Felt like an extra long partner showcase with a tiny bit of Nintendo sprinkled in.

Roberto zampari

Smash Journeyman
Just me correct me if i'm wrong:

Rex could not make it to the roster due to it having been finalized before Xenoblade Chronicles 2's release.

That's pretty strange because Sakurai should make Rex playable instead of Pyra / Mythra when the DLC characters are ongoing.
I might be wrong, but Rex is the main character of his own game (Xenoblade 2), it doesn't make sense for Pyra / Mythra joining.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

THIS IS NOT A ****ING DRILL!

I REPEAT.

Dude. Stop.

As much as I would've preffered Rex, I'm just glad XC2 is getting the respect it deserves. Plus, he actually shows up, at least. If we're lucky, he'll be the next Chrom...

The Direct itself was pretty alright to me. Splatoon 3 was unexpected (nice going, Team Chaos/s), Miitopia means that Miis are relevant again. Kinda surprised no Crash 4, though. Figured they would've at least mentioned it.

Also, I now think Euden is the most likely first party character, for anybody curious.

If we're doing nominations, then Concept: Disgaea rep xhowever many noms I got.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Damn right on the money lmfao, it’s been a crazy day it seems

I ruled out Rex entirely but I wasn’t sure about the Aegises since they are heavily tied to him, though in my mind I always thought they made the most sense as they are the most recognizable characters from the game by a country mile I just didn’t think they’d have the balls to go with them without Rex and yet they did

Pretty interesting how things turned out in all honesty

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
I think this was a very disappointing and poor showcase from Nintendo.

We haven't really had any big news from them in almost a full year and a half now and this direct didn't seem like the "grand revival" people were expecting. Nintendo has very clearly been relying very heavily on ports to pad out most of their lineup, which I'm sure is great for some, but I really can't be bothered when all of these games are either games I've played before, can play on better consoles, or don't have any interest in.

Project Triangle Strategy looks solid and serves to Final Fantasy Tactics as Octopath Traveler did to Final Fantasy but that's really it for games that had my interest. No More Heroes 3 reeks of that classic Suda flair but it's not anything we didn't already know about. Splatoon 3 also has my attention, but we're still far off from that. Games like Samurai Warriors and the Ninja Gaiden Trilogy are great, but again, I'd rather just play those games on a platform that isn't the Switch, which likely isn't going to handle them well.

I'm just wondering, where are all the big new games? I understand COVID is making development for games difficult, especially for a company as technically inept as Nintendo, but it just feels like we're getting pure silence. The Mario team hasn't done anything since Odyssey. BotW, Prime 4, and Bayo 3 have been in development for years now but we've yet to see anything about them. Kirby hasn't seen a full game release in a while now, with HAL only opting for small e-shop releases, and many more franchises are kind of just sitting around twiddling their thumbs, either getting ports or nothing at all. Animal Crossing, one of Nintendo's biggest franchises right now, is a game that still struggles hard with content updates, with many core features being missing from the game at launch and still being missing now. Again, I understand COVID is making development difficult but this didn't start with COVID. The Switch has been pretty lacking with big, new releases since arguably late 2018 / early 2019.

Smash wise: Pyra / Mythra are fine. I've played XC2 and I thought it was good but they're not characters I'm really looking forward to. I would've much rather had a number of third parties and a number of first parties before I ever would've gone for them. I appreciate the Pokemon Trainer switching style on a character outside of Pokemon Trainer but at the same time I'm really not interested in this recent trend of the Smash team avoiding the main characters with Spring Man and Rex in particular getting snubbed. Granted, I'm sure Rex would've just played identically to Pyra / Mythra but with one of the two constantly standing in the background, so I don't know how much a difference that would make.

I'm hoping that we'll be getting a Zelda / Metroid / Pokemon mini direct here soon to coincide with their respective anniversaries because I'm just completely disinterested what Nintendo has as of right now. I don't want ports, I want something new. They really haven't been at their A-game for almost three whole years now in my book and today didn't change that at all.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
I mean, the character is not Rex. Its Pyra. That would honestly make it seem more likely that Mii costumes deconfirm.
Me: sees that they bothered to promote two more spirits that most people thought were dead and reference one of the three protagonists within their moveset even though he was already a Mii Costume that was specifically only available after spending $25 to buy the first pass Yo, Mii Costumes never deconfirmed, but here is the actual proof deniers need just like with Min Min! It's finally over, stupid fan rules will never taint Smash speculation agai-

Everyone else: sees the exact same thing as I did Man, Mii Costumes really do deconfirm...

Me: How in the mother of ****?!

Fun fact: I'm PRETTY sure that Pyra and Mythra are way more popular than Rex, and we already 'killed the main protagonist first' rule with Min Min anyway, so I'm not seeing how this is bad news other than through a pessimist visor while crouching on haunches to lift one side of the goalpost.

Last edited:

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Me: sees that they bothered to promote two more spirits that most people thought were dead and reference one of the three protagonists within their moveset even though he was already a Mii Costume that was specifically only available after spending $25 to buy the first pass Yo, Mii Costumes never deconfirmed, but here is the actual proof deniers need just like with Min Min! It's finally over, stupid fan rules will never taint Smash speculation agai-

Everyone else: sees the exact same thing as I did Man, Mii Costumes really do deconfirm...

Me: How in the mother of ****?!

Fun fact: I'm PRETTY sure that Pyra and Mythra are way more popular than Rex, and we already 'killed the main protagonist first' rule with Min Min anyway, so I'm not seeing how this is bad news other than through a pessimist visor while crouching on haunches to lift one side of the goalpost.
From our perspective, if they do not and characters with Mii Costumes (DLC or not) are just as on the table/alive as any other, then why wasn't it Rex? At least with Spring Man there's the whole "nobody is truly the protagonist" thing and the dev request X-factor.

Top Bottom