• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
Opossum Opossum guess what, Chrom confirmed.
He had a costume in Smash 4.
Wicked, we got Isabelle, Takamaru, Ashley, Toad, K. Rool, Tails, Knuckles, K.K. Slider, Viridi and Dunban too. Smash roster leaked.
You guys are delusional. None of those characters are getting in.

However...
costume_3_2.jpg

Do you know what THIS means?

Pooh.png

maxresdefault.jpg

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Geno

Chance: 2%

- Well, he’s been in Sakurai’s mind for quite a while but Cloud is a little too much of a competition.

Want: 7%

- Super Mario RPG was the first RPG game I ever played in my life and I loved it. Geno was a geeat character but he’s not a priority for me now.

Prediction

Isabelle: 31%

Nominations

Katrielle Layton (Professor Layton) x3
Starfy (The Legendary Starfy) x1
Black Shadow x1

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Geno:

Chance - 15%
I actually think there is a sizable chance. If Square are back onboard for Smash Switch, then Sakurai finally has the chance to demand for Geno - knowing he was a popular character in previous titles. He got a Mii costume which acknowledges him. I think this will depend on Square more than Sakurai.

Lower chance since I am not sure if Square will be back. If I see Cloud I would rate him higher.

Want: Abstain
Nice story from the Brawl days that seemed impossible to reality would be an amazing story but otherwise I have no attachment to the character. He would certainly be left field for the masses.

Isabelle prediction: 47.8%
Nominate Black Shadow x5

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Geno
Chance: 25% - The only reason why I'm rating him this high is because he was apparently considered not just once but twice. He's managed to become a popular cult character despite only having a supporting role in 22 year old game, that's a pretty impressive feet.
Want: 0%

Isabelle prediction: 44%

Nominations: Azura x5

andimidna

Smash Master
Geno:
I mean, when it comes to adding characters based on demand, surely there’s gotta be a decent handful above him, right? And it’s all he’s got. Sure, we know now that there’s no problem with getting rights to him. That’s not too surprising.
It just still feels so weird to me to have a “kinda 3rd party” Mario character, the biggest series. Someone that can’t even manage getting in Mario Kart. It’s not like he’s from a spin-off either like Poochy or Ashley. I could see them bothering to give Geno content again though because of the demand. I think there’s a pretty good chance he’s upgraded from Mii costume to an Assist Trophy this time. It’s weird that this vocal minority seems to only exist in this community. He seems like an interesting character and a good direction for the series, so I kinda wanna pull for him, but he was honestly just before my time.
Chance: 10%
Want: 50%
I’m rooting for different Mario characters, different 3rd party characters, different characters banking on demand. It’d be fine though.
Basically I just like Cpt Toad, Pauline, and Daisy more, and don’t really even know him.

Isabelle prediction: 40%
Um idk. Personally, I think it’s totally on the table, but I haven’t seen too many ppl talking about her anymore this year

x2 Azura
x3 Veronica

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
♡♪!? AKA Geno

Chance: 95%

Geno's honestly in one of the best positions for any potential newcomer in a very long time. We've learned Sakurai's wanted him in since Brawl, the cult fan push and the ballot successfully managed to get a Geno Mii Costume into Smash 4, and Square is finally cooperating with Nintendo again. Geno's chances have never been brighter.

What makes me say his chances are 95% as opposed to 80 or 75% is the fact that the only Square content we received in Smash 4 was Cloud and the Geno costume. That fact alone says volumes about how Nintendo and Square prioritized sharing their content. Those two characters were chosen over others that arguably are more iconic for Square (like Black Mage or Dragon Quest characters), and what the two characters have in common is overwhelming popularity. The truth is that Cloud was probably just made playable first because he's more of a mainstream character, and Geno got the Mii costume based on his immense cult status.

Honestly, if I wasn't broke, I would seriously bet money we'll probably see Geno become a playable character this time around. I'd feel pretty confident betting $10 or $20 on it.

Want: 100%

GENO F'HTAGN! R'LYEAH! R'LYEAH! MAY THE CULT OF GENO NEVER DIE!

Nominations:

Decloned Ganondorf x5.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura

My boy.

Chance: 40%

Sakurai's exact words: "...and just seems like he'd fit absolutely perfectly into Smash."

How many times has Sakurai ever said that?

I'm optimistic. Sakurai has wanted him in not once, but Twice. Sakurai obviously has a bit of a closer connection to Square now thanks to Cloud. His popularity also should not be underestimated. However, his relevancy has, and always will be, his biggest downfall, as well as Square's general reluctance to let Geno do literally anything anymore, including excluding him from the Superstar Saga remake.

He is my most wanted newcomer. Period. He holds a special place in my heart as a lover of RPGs. Mario RPG is what got me into my RPG binge, which has helped me play so many amazing games. He's just such an amazingly fun looking character with tools not many others have, a creative concept that makes me feel like a giddy kid, and just a perfect representation of Mario's entire RPG history. I would main him no matter how good or bad he'd end up being.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Geno
He was considered, and that's a notable boon to him. However, he was also ultimately rejected, arguably twice depending on the situation behind him. If the circumstances behind his exclusion are still present, then that's going to hurt the possibility of him joining the battle. Additionally, being a third party character also comes with additional issues that may block his inclusion. In general, I'm not too optimistic. I think Sakurai mentioning him positively is something to consider, but I don't think it completely circumvents any other possible issues that he may have.

Want: 65%
I liked him in SMRPG, so I'd be fine with him.

Nominations:
Lycanroc x5

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Geno

40% Chance

He is popular, and he has at least been considered by Sakurai. That helps him a lot.

100% Want

I feel for his fans.

Nominating Spyro x5

Day over, calcs in morning at around 9:00 am EDT

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
Geno

Chance: 15%
The thing about geno is that he has a Mii costume and nothing more to be honest besides the fan following.

Want: 65%
I have actually completed Super Mario RPG and has always had him on my team. Though I did not really get too attached to him.

Nomination
Django x5

Last edited:

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Geno

Chance: 20%

Can't believe I actually think he has a plausible shot this time, but there it is! I do feel like he's still fairly unlikely overall due to his status; I'm not 100% sure Square will have anything this time, and even if they do he's a relatively minor character whose only notable role was over 20 years ago, so I feel like others would out-prioritize him. There are a few things that help him, though: he has a sizable following, he managed to get a Mii costume in 4, and was mentioned by Sakurai himself. I would still be surprised by his inclusion, but not as much as I would have been if he had appeared last time.

Never got the Geno hype. Mind you, I've played through about 30 minutes of SMRPG (I really need to play more of my SNES Classic sometime...), so I have no connection to him. So all I really see in him is a rather old and relatively minor character, both Mario character and third party-wise. I'm not particularly interested in fighting as him either. So because of all of these things combined I personally would rather have many other options.

Isabelle prediction: 37.73%

Nominations: Bomberman x5

Didn't realize how dormant his nominations were, lol.

D

Deleted member

Geno
Chance- 57%
Want- 70%

Isabella prediction~ 26.7%

Noms-
Sable Prince 5x

MrElectroG64

Smash Journeyman
Geno

Chance: 50%
Pretty damn likely, but only if Square Enix is still on nintendo's side still. If so, then I'd say it's close to guaranteed, since Sakurai seemed to want him so badly.

Want: 30%
I'm not particularly invested in the character, and I'd rather see other Mario characters (if they end up lumping him with the Mario cast and not as his own thing) like Fawful or King Boo. I'd still like to see him just to make other people happy though.

Nominations: Fawful x5

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
Geno

Chance 35%: Possible but not likely without new info.

Want 60%: Never played the game he is from but he might be cool. Maybe if he gets popular from Smash Bros it might convince Nintendo to buy him off of Square Enix?

Nominations:
Masked Link 2x
Pokemon Trainer (Gen 2) 2x
No Mega Evolutions 1x

D

Deleted member

Wicked, we got Isabelle, Takamaru, Ashley, Toad, K. Rool, Tails, Knuckles, K.K. Slider, Viridi and Dunban too. Smash roster leaked.
You guys are delusional. None of those characters are getting in.

However...
View attachment 142547

Do you know what THIS means?

My cat's litter box works at Nintendo so I can confirm all of these characters are indeed getting in.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
So I just woke up, I’ll do calcs later. Please rate Isabelle in Chance and want. Also please predict the scores for Michaiah.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Micaiah's name is spelled incorrectly in the title. :p

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

Isabelle has been a major staple for Nintendo ever since her appearance in New Leaf. She had appeared in Mario Kart 8, having her own official Twitter, a forefront marketed icon with significant roles in new AC games, and going farther than amiibo with having her own set of Nendoroids. This character has been more promoted than other AC characters, more than even the previous face of the franchise, Tom Nook. With such heavy marketing, I definitely think that Nintendo will WANT Sakurai to make her playable as a Smash fighter, much like Rosalina back in Smash 4’s roster plan. She had already appeared as a DLC Mii Costume in Smash 4, the next step will probably be Nintendo pushing for her playability next.

Given Sakurai’s experience with working on non-combatant fighters like Villager and Wii Fit Trainer, I feel very sure that Sakurai can accomplish and create a moveset for Isabelle that would make her a unique fighter. Most might not be able to spot the potential, but looking in Isabelle’s characterization/role in Animal Crossing: NL gives away the answer. Her moveset potential can easily be found in the mayor gameplay of New Leaf, in which you (the villager) have customization on what the town’s environment/politics are like. One part of the mayor gameplay that would be mainly used in Smash gameplay are Public Works Projects, which has Isabelle placing objects around the environment to gain stage control.

Isabelle would be placing various furniture/town structures such as fountains, clock posts, buildings as a primary method of defense. The more objects placed by Isabelle in the stage, the more advantages she will gain for victories. For a more in-depth moveset, check out this post by Opossum. Isabelle is in a solid position and acts as the perfect character for Sakurai to comfortably transition into implementing more non-combatant newcomers in Smash to diversify the newcomer selection.

I will be very surprised if Sakurai does not make her playable. She makes so much sense in terms of who could be chosen as a newcomer. In my own perspective, she is as obvious as Palutena being added in Smash 4. For her to be rejected at this point would go against how much progress Sakurai has made in finding standout/unique candidates in the most unlikely of places. I am VERY sure that Sakurai finding wacky fighters in franchises will an on-going tradition moving forward.

The arguments people make that she is unfitting due to her kind personality/supporting role, AC representation, and moveset potential not being “obvious” are seriously underestimating Sakurai’s creativity. Those people are forgetting that this man made characters such as Wii Fit Trainer into playable fighters. I am VERY confident that Sakurai will find Isabelle to be a fighter with potential. That potential might not be obvious in the first steps, but finding it will be very easy once Sakurai researches New Leaf and discovers new methods to implement Isabelle’s characterization/mayor gameplay into a very fun play-style. It is hard to imagine Sakurai passing off Isabelle, especially after his implementation of creating a fun moveset for Villager way back in Smash 4.

----------------------------------------------------

x5 Tom Nook

D

Deleted member

Isabelle
Chance: 60%
Don't feel like elaborating

I don't like Animal Crossing, but Isabelle is adorable.
However, being adorable is simply not a good enough reason for me to want someone. Sorry.

Susie x3, Mimikyu x2

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Isabelle
If anyone is going to be a second AC rep, it is going to be her. She is popular, and has been used in various crossovers like Mario Kart 8. But I don't think AC is going to get a second character, but we'll see.

I do love the cute Shih Tzu assistant and would like to see her as a playable character in the game.

Micaiah: 11.34%

x5 to Simon Belmont

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
OKAY IT DEFINITELY SAID MICAIAH A SECOND AGO.

Isabelle
Chance: 98%
Closest thing to a shoo in remaining. Anyone who says Villager "encompasses all of Animal Crossing" is incredibly misinformed, and that's from someone who doesn't even enjoy the game.

Want: 99%
More along the lines of I think she SHOULD be in more than I want her, so she doesn't get 100%. I'll edit in my moveset.

Isabelle Rings In!​
Normal Attacks:

Jab: A bee flies in front of Isabelle, so she shuts her eyes and swings her clipboard in front of her to shoo it away, swinging it back and forth with each button press.

Dash Attack: While running, Isabelle notices a swarm of bees behind her, so she hits the deck as the swarm rushes into the opponent, missing her.

Side Tilt: Isabelle tries to catch an unseen bug in her net and swings it forward in a side-to-side motion. A two strike move.

Up Tilt: Isabelle celebrates being in Smash by pulling out a Party Popper and pointing it skyward, unleashing an explosion of confetti in a quick motion.

Down Tilt: A Ring Toss furniture piece appears before Isabelle, slightly in front of her, and she tries to toss a ring onto it. The opponent keeps getting in the way, though.

Aerial Attacks:

Neutral Air: Isabelle takes out her fishing rod and makes a circular ribbon-twirler motion around her with its line.

Forward Air: Isabelle pulls out a giant foam finger and does a scooping motion, of sorts. She just wanted to cheer, but then the foe got in the way.

Back Air: Allergy season sucks. Isabelle sneezes, shooting her backwards and making her slam into the opponent. This can also work as a last ditch recovery effort, similar to Corrin's back air, but in the opposite direction.

Up Air: Isabelle, enjoying the breeze, pulls out a pinwheel and holds it above her. Its edges are sharp and rapidly hit the foe for damage.

Down Air: Isabelle, being a klutz, drops a bag of bells from her pocket. They hurdle down toward the ground and hit the opponent with a resounding thunk.

Smash Attacks:

Forward Smash: Isabelle knocks over a stack of paperwork about 1.5 times her own height, sending it cascading forward as any foe caught in the move gets launched. This is Isabelle's best kill move...just don't tell her that.

Up Smash: Isabelle adores seashells. In this move, she'll play with the shell the mayor gave her, tossing it up in the air and catching it as it descends. While it's airborne, however, it will spin rapidly, causing major damage to those hit by it.

Down Smash: Isabelle poses in celebration as an archway appears over her, quickly falling from the sky. However, if the opponent was on either side of her when the archway was made...well, they're underneath it now. As they get blasted away, Isabelle, horrified, quickly removes the archway, turning it into a leaf.

Grab, Pummel, and Throws:

Grab and Pummel: Isabelle casts her line and snags the foe with her rod, entangling them. Each pummel has her pull on the rod in an attempt to free the line from them, though this ends up being her pummel.

Forward Throw: Isabelle turns on a giant fan that blasts foes away.

Back Throw: Isabelle tries to unhook the foe but ends up tossing them backward as she looks on in horror.

Up Throw: A geyser bursts out beneath the opponent, blasting them upward.

Down Throw: A flowerpot falls from the sky and smashes into the foe, knocking them toward the stage and sending them upward. Isabelle's gonna have to have a talk with the upstairs tenants.

Special Attacks:

Neutral Special: New Leaf - Isabelle tosses a leaf in front of her, skyward. It slowly descends toward the stage. Pressing the button again as it's either on the stage or in the air will transform it into a piece of furniture: either a small one that can be thrown, or a large one that either crushes a foe beneath it as it falls, or can be used as a stage obstacle for the opponent to have to work around. One light and one heavy object can be on the stage at once per Isabelle.

Side Special: Public Works Projects - Like Shulk's Monado Arts, these can be cycled by pressing the button. A set of four symbols appear above Isabelle as they cycle: a water droplet, a flame, an hourglass, and a bell. Selecting one brings a Gyroid onto the stage, which must be protected at all costs, as it has a health bar. If the Gyroid takes too much damage, it will disappear. After it has been guarded enough, it will transform into a permanent object on the stage. Here are the options and their effects.

— Selecting the water droplet creates a small fountain on the stage. The water effect can interrupt foes attempting to approach Isabelle from the air, due to its windbox effect.
— Selecting the flame creates a campfire. Opponents that touch this will get burned, and all explosives that touch it will instantly explode. Additionally, any projectile, either from Isabelle or from her opponent, that passes through the flames will become imbued with the fire effect, doing slightly more damage and automatically setting off explosives.
— Selecting the hourglass creates a small clockpost on the stage. This doesn't reach the foreground and doesn't impact the fight directly, but it does decrease the amount of time needed to defend a Gyroid before a Public Works Project is created.
— Selecting the bell creates a small bell on the stage that Isabelle can ring by going near it (it will automatically activate when she goes near it). This is a sound based attack that damages opponents, buying Isabelle more time.

Only two Public Works Projects can be on the stage at a time per Isabelle. These structures are semi-permanent. They will stay on the stage unless:
— The stage moves in a way that leaves the structures behind, like a touring stage, or
— Isabelle presses and holds her Side Special while next to a structure, instantly dismantling it.

Plan your "town" wisely and use each project to your advantage.

Up Special: Present Balloon - Isabelle holds onto a present balloon and flies upwards. Unlike Villager, she doesn't have free flight during this, making it a much more linear recovery.

Down Special: Beautiful Town Ordinance - Isabelle plants a sign post into the ground as a fenced off area appears on the stage around her. After five seconds (this can be reduced to three with the clock tower public works project), a small garden appears. Standing in the garden allows Isabelle to slowly heal a bit of health back, but she cannot attack while standing in the garden, making her a sitting duck. But by planning out her PWPs and furniture properly, perhaps she can preoccupy the foe long enough to heal a significant chunk of damage. Unlike her Side Special, this garden is not semi-permanent. If a foe attacks the flower bed enough, it will wither away and disappear. Striking it with a fire move will erase it almost instantly. You can only place one flower bed on the stage at a time.

Final Smash: Bell Boom Ordinance

Isabelle enacts the Wealthy Town, or Bell Boom, Ordinance. In this move, heavy bags of bells rain from the sky before bursting on impact on the stage. This causes massive damage both to the foe and to the economy.

Playstyle Notes:

Isabelle is a very defensive-oriented character. From a cosmetic standpoint, none of her moves are intended to bring harm to the opponent, but the circumstances surrounding the fight make her accidentally bring harm to them.

Where Isabelle truly shines is her set of specials, as they dictate her playstyle: she is a cute and clumsy terraformer, being able to alter the stage to her heart's content. This showcases a key aspect of the Animal Crossing series, which is town planning and interior decorating. Isabelle, being the assistant mayor, oversees a lot of the day to day town planning, and as such she is the perfect character for something like this.

Predicting a 9.8 for Mickey.
Nominating English Marth x5

Last edited:

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
Isabelle

If there's a new Animal crossing rep, it's gonna be her.

Want: 20%
Not really opposed, but I haven't played New Leaf yet, and if we're getting another AC rep, I'd prefer Resetti (though that'll never happen).

Micaiah prediction: 10%

Nominations:
Travis Touchdown x2
Funky Kong x3

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Isabelle

Chance: 65%

Villager aside, she is one of if not the face of the Animal Crossing franchise and even made a crossover appearance in Mario Kart 8 as a playable racer. If Sakurai will choose a second Animal Crossing rep, it's her.

Want: 50%

I won't be opposed to seeing her in Smash since she has her reasons, but I won't care all that much if she's added. My reaction to her as a playable Smash fighter would basically be, "Oh, she finally made it. That's cool."

------

Predictions

Micaiah (Fire Emblem): 5.34%

No longer relevant.

------

Nominations

Greninja (Pokemon): x5

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Isabelle

Could go either way. Definitely don't consider her a shoo-in, but Animal Crossing is popular. Plus, she's easily one of the most iconic characters for the franchise. Doubt anyone else would get in before her.

Want: 60%
Leaning more towards wanting her, but I'm not going to be upset if she gets left out.

Micaiah prediction: 4.8%

Nominations: Mipha x5

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Isabelle

Blah blah most likely AC rep, but I don't think the series'll get one this time, and even if it does, she has other characters like Tom Nook to contend with.

Want: 1%
I'm sorry, but I can't get behind the idea of a character who fights with furniture. Keep her an assist trophy, please.

Nominations:
Bomberman x5

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Isabelle
Chance: 85%
+Insane popularity in both Japan and the west.
+Heavily used for promotion.
+Has somehow overtaken Tom Nook as the animal face of Animal Crossing.
+Was one of the first NON Mario characters to appear in Mario Kart even getting in before Link
+Has TWO Amiibos(and as far as I know is the only AC character to have that)
+Was an assist trophy AND a Mii outfit(and I've seen people using these arguments for characters like Takamaru before as reason for him getting in)

She's not a 'lock' but if there's any Animal Crossing character getting in it'll be her. Hell, she's probably the single most likely newcomer at this point being such a major face of Nintendo.

Want: 83%

She's probably in my top 10 and I really do think she's got enough to work with for a unique moveset that seperates her from Villager, as Animal Crossing is a series that has a lot more to offer than just what Villager provides.
She's fun and a clumsy moveset would fit her to a tee. Add in stuff from Happy Home Designer, some bits from New Leaf, etc and she's going to be one of the sillier more fun fighters.

That said if we got Nook instead I wouldn't be too heartbroken.

Micaiah Prediction: 3%

Nominations:
Fire Emblem Heroes Summoner X 5

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
I doubt Sakurai is going to make her a fighter and since this idea of "reps" is a fan thing so she won't be in because "Animal Crossing needs more characters". He could add her because he thinks she could bring something unique but I don't know what that would be. I guess she's also super popular that helps somewhat but popularity is clearly not the biggest priority with Sakurai.

While I have no love for Animal Crossing that's not why I don't want to see her. She's an adorable non-combatant so I would bad beating her up with the rest of the cast. I don't need guilt in my fighting game so no thanks.

noms: Qbby X5

Prediction: Macaiah-4%

Last edited:

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
Isabelle

Chance: 60%

She presents an opportunity to appeal to a large fanbase; one that Sakurai might take despite Animal Crossing being represented just fine with a single character.

Only because I actually enjoy Animal Crossing more than most Nintendo franchises. Her Assist Trophy is already fine. Being playable would just be a cool bonus for us AC fans.

Nominations:
Arle Nadja x3
Lucas x2

Esquelen

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-1916-2977
Switch FC
SW-3004-0190-2265
Canela en rama.

Chance: 70%
We've seen Isabelle everywhere, in Mario Kart, in Monster Hunter, in all the Animal Crossing games as one of the main characters.

So it would not be crazy if we see her as a fighter, if we have the mayor villager, she could represent the animal villagers.

Buuut, Sakurai explained that to make the Villager's moveset cost him a lot, and he had to resort to things like the recovery jump of Ballon Fighert, boxing gloves from nowhere, and nonsense stuff.

Do you think Sakurai could also have imagination for Isabelle's moveset? I do not think that it is necessary more representation to his game, he will stay again like Assist Trophy.

Isabelle is very cute, but not to see her struggling, sit back watching the fighters struggling better ^ _ ^

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Isabelle

Chance: 50% - Highest I'll go for a newcomer. She's become the face of the Animal Crossing series, and has already crossed over into other games, such as Mario Kart. She was an Assist Trophy last game, so if they're reusing Smash Wii U assets, she already has a working model ready to go. That, paired with the fact that she got a Mii costume based off her as DLC, shows that she is clearly in Sakurai's mind. She has plenty of unique potential, too, and so her inclusion mostly depends on if Sakurai can see it.

Want: 100% - Animal Crossing is in my Top 5 for Nintendo series, and I'd love to see her get in. She's another Animal Crossing character, has plenty of moveset potential, would fit well in Smash Bros., etc.

Nominations: Slippy Toad x5

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
isabelle, hmm

chances: 50% im not sure that wed get a second ac character but if we did shed be a probably choice

want: 75% shes one om my ac favourites

Slyshock

Smash Apprentice
Between Your Deepest Dreams and Warmest Wishes
NNID
Slyshock
Isabelle

Chance: 66%
Despite only first appearing in the most recent entry of the main series, Isabelle has quickly become the face of the ever-growing Animal Crossing franchise. Beloved by both fans and Nintendo alike, she's quickly gotten a reach far beyond even her home series. One of the few non-Mario characters to ever get into Mario Kart, she's also the only one to not yet be playable in Smash (she does have the rare honor of being both an assist trophy and a mii costume, however). She's been generously peppered across Nintendo's general marketing as well, transforming her into a true gaming starlet in only a matter of years. Having only skyrocketed in popularity since her debut, Sakurai would likely feel pressured to promote Isabelle as she's so clearly earned it.

The only real hurdle to Isabelle's playability is moveset potential, though if nothing else she could always be a clone or alt costume. Liberties already had to be taken with Villager to make a full Animal Crossing moveset (unless Sakurai predicted another Animal Crossing character down the line, in which case omissions like the fishing rod were genius). It's not that there's nothing left she could draw from though, previously posted movesets can attest to that, and if some move was particularly troublesome for whatever reason it could always be filled with furniture. If Sakurai could pull off a solid moveset, then there'd be little else standing in her way. She's not too nice to fight as anything more than an assist trophy, Mario Kart 8 can attest to her willingness to compete and she can wash out mouths with soap like nobody's business. She certainly doesn't have any competition, it's unthinkable that anyone else from her series would get in over the face of the franchise (Animal Crossing is big enough for more reps, but good luck coming up with a 3rd moveset). Isabelle doesn't seem to be the most requested character in the world, at least online, but that doesn't stop her from being one of the most known and likely.

Want: 80%
Animal Crossing deserves the accolades it has received and more, certainly wouldn't be opposed to one like this. My preference for characters that were part of their series since the beginning over characters which were added to their series at a later date has faded over time, so the specter of Tom Nook no longer haunts me. Isabelle is downright adorable, and if Nintendo is keen on adding an anthropomorphic canine girl to Smash then she's undoubtedly the best choice. I have minor concerns over her moveset, but she could still end up a very fun and unique fighter under the right direction.

Nominations: Ray (Custom Robo) x5

Last edited:

BinWeevil28

Banned via Administration
Isabelle

Chances: 5%

Sorry but sometimes, series and some characters are better represented as being in the background with stages, trophies or assist characters. Isabelle may be extremely popular, but in terms of what she can bring to Smash, she is lacking, and the character herself is very passive and friendly, and doesn't like fighting. Sakrurai has even stated that Villager was a bit of a stretch, as he was denied for Brawl. She is in a Toad/Pauline situation with Smash unfortunately. Villager is also the only player character in Animal Crossing who does things in the games actively.

She is very cute and I have an amiibo of her, and like to play as her in Mario Kart sometimes. Even though I think she would not really work in Smash.

I am going to nominate a re-rate of Daisy x5

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Isabelle:
Chance- 20%
Want-40%
Imho villager represents animal crosssing really well. And while i wouldnt say she would be a bad character to add, i think Isabelle role as a assist trophy is perfect for her.

Prediction:
Micaiah-40.6%

Noms
Sable Prince ×5

Isabelle
get it? because im posting at the 11 AM time

Isabelle is quite easily one of the biggest characters to spring up in recent years. Animal Crossing has always been a huge series, and with New Leaf it only continued as the juggernaut that it is. But they added a new character named Isabelle. And hoo boy she exploded. It's actually crazy how much this character got pushed. She appeared in a ****-ton of various marketing things, and by herself managed to become the new face of the series. Pretty damn impressive if you ask me. When it comes to importance, popularity, relevancy, and all of the things like that Isabelle checks off every box easily.

The only thing in her way are minor foibles. If Sakurai thinks the same way he used to feel about Villager or doesn't see the moveset potential, the mayor's assistant may just stay that. An ASSIST trophy :p Frankly, while I personally don't see anything interesting out of her, I have a feeling Sakurai will. Probably one of the most likely characters we've rated so far. Maybe even the likeliest.

Wnat: 10%
I don't really care for AC. Villager was nice for nostalgia, but I don't care for the series and don't see anything Isabelle herself could do that's very interesting.

Noms
Marth and Roy get Englsih VAs x5
:061:

D

Deleted member

Isabelle

There's no doubt she's now among the most popular Nintendo characters, but here's the thing: every actions Isabelle can perform in Animal Crossing, :4villager:/:4villagerf: can do as well.
At best she can get in as a :4villager:/:4villagerf: alt, but even then, it's doubtful.

Want: 10%
Shih-tzus are among the most precious things in the world and she was also my main pilot in Mario Kart 8, but as I said before, what she can bring isn't appealing enough, and above all, I wouldn't be okay to see her getting punched, sliced, burnt, etc. in a fighting game.
It works with :4duckhunt: as they have a Looney Tune-like design, but for a kawai-looking animal character? I'm not sure about it. She better stay in Mario Kart.

Noms:
Concept: Female announcer x5

Micaiah prediction: 10.23%

D

Deleted member

Isabelle

Chance: 75%
She's the face of Animal Crossing nowadays. She's marketed heavily in the AC titles we've gotten since New Leaf (Happy Home Designer & Amiibo Festival iirc), really popular, has two amiibo from said festival, appeared in Monster Hunter and Mario Kart, got a Mii Costume. The Mario Kart appearance in particular is super telling of how Nintendo feels about her, considering the only other non-Mario characters to get in were Link(!), Villager, and Inkling, who are literally all in Smash already. she has a lot going for her. The only things holding her back are the idea that Sakurai might not want to add another AC character because the series hasn't gotten a mainline entry since New Leaf & the idea that she doesn't have much moveset potential in comparison to other fighters. I think she has good potential in being a terraforming character of sorts that creates various public works projects and furniture supplemented by emote attacks to express herself properly, but who knows if Sakurai finds that intriguing enough.

She's an adorable dog why wouldn't I want her?

Micaiah prediction: 6.43%

Nominating KOS-MOS x5

Luminario

Smash Lord
Isabelle~

Chance: 80%
Extremely popular, good moveset potential, and has become the face of one of Nintendo's most popular series. She's been in a plethora of crossovers to represent AC more so than Villager themselves. The only reason I haven't put her chances higher is due to knowing Sakurai can make some pretty stupid decisions and I don't trust him 100% to see her as viable.

Pretty much my most wanted character.

I vote Mimikyu x5

Top Bottom