• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Maxwell
Chance: 1%
This series used to be pretty succesfull but became pretty dormant after Unmasked. Some ports of that game and Unlimited released in 2018 along a spin-off title but they just didn't recapture that early 2010's popularity. Said spin-off wasn't received well either from what I've heard. Unless a new instalment is in the works I don't see Nintendo picking him.

Want: 0.1%
I played a pirated copy of the original game as a kid and that's basically all the attachment I have. I haven't really payed much attention to the series since. Might give it another shot if I'll get back into DS/3DS gaming but I don't know how long that will take. For now, Maxwell unfortunately competes with the western characters I want more.

Hajime: 8.29%
Beat x5

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
Abstaining, haven't tried these games. Probably should at some point, I like the idea.
Noms: Worms x5

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
hmm maxwell you say

chances: 10% i just dont see it. im not too familiar with the series reception but it is in a form of dormancy which everyone agrees is a problem. although i cant help but note you all use the term dormant for maxwell but you all said chibi was dead. maxwell is one of those characters who's name still crops up fairly often, not a lot but often. not hugely popular but not quite unknown. but i just done see nintendo going for him, sure there was that one scribblenaughts with a bunch of nintendo stuff in it, but that hasnt worked out for warriors, tekken, nobonuga's ambition etc.

want: 0% there may have been a time where i was ok with the idea but not anymore. ive only played the first scribblenaughts game and i was never that into it. dont get me wrong ive got nothing against the character id ust be completely indifferent to him much the same as i am with steve. even though he would probably have the kind of deeply wacky moveset i love i still wouldnt be bothered. in short be a bit boring.

nominate qbby x10

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Maxwell

Chance: 15%. Given that Scribblenauts has a few games on the switch, it could be possible. With that said, him being owned by Warner Bros May not be much of a problem as people thought. as Warner Bros helped with a bit of Nintendo projects. That could give Maxwell an advantage.

Want: 95%. As a Scribblenauts fan, Maxwell should defiantly appear in the game. He will be fun to play as, and he has lots of moveset potential. But I don’t think he can summon all the stuff, given how OP a few items are like Black Hole, tsunami and Meteor, just to name a few. Overall, Maxwell would be a great addiction to the Smash Roaster.

Prediction: Hajime (5%)

Noms: 5 for Concept: Second F-Zero Rep

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Maxwell

Chance: 2%
Scribblenauts was pretty popular in the early 2010 days as I frequently remember seeing it as one of the big DS games at the time. If we were rating this in the SSB4 days then my score would definitely be higher. However, unlike say Angry Birds which was another popular early 2010 title, Scribblenauts just sort of fell off the face of the earth in the later half of the last decade. This is probably because the developers behind the series (5th Cell) have been in bad shape since 2016 and from what I could tell, they have not recovered much since then. In the last 5 years, the only game released by 5th Cell at all was a Scribblenauts spin-off game. It doesn't help that both 5th Cell and Warner Bros are Western and if we're talking WB reps then Maxwell would have to compete with Scorpion.

Speaking of Japan, I just learned that Konami published the Japanese version of Scribblenauts and they even added their own characters to that version like Snake and Alucard. Pretty neat.

It's a real shame that Scribblenauts has been inactive for so long, because its one of those series that just flows together with Nintendo like bread and butter similar to other DS games like Phoenix Wright and Professor Layton. If there were more games in the series then I think Scribblenauts could have an actual shot. Here's hoping the series gets properly revived soon.

Want: 70%
Super Scribblenauts was my jam back in the day. I've had a blast with the series (and am honestly tempted to replay it again after remembering it) so I'd be down for Maxwell in Smash. I am curious on how they would implement the dictionary feature into his moveset. Would it just be represented through a bunch of moves or would there be some writing/summoning mechanic similar to Hero? Either way, there are a ton of possibilities when it comes to having Maxwell fight and I'd like to see how it can be done.

-----

Hajime chance prediction: 6.01%

Nominations:
Carl Johnson x5
Mii Costume: 2B x5

Inue Houji

Purplish Wig
Maxwell
Abstain both. I think his chance is pretty low, but as people are rating him quite high, I'm unsure if I'm qualified to rate him fairly.

Predict Hajime Hinata: 1.7%

Nominations
Beat x5

Last edited:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Maxwell

Chance 15 - I think this is a bit of a sleeper, but unfortunately there's a lot of stuff going against him. Let's go with the good first though. Scribblenauts was a pretty popular game back in the early 2010s and was on Nintendo consoles through it's entire run. There's also a lot of move set potential with Maxwell. As we've seen so far, fighters pass 2 has been 2/2 on more complex and complicated character designs. With as much as Maxwell could possibly do thats a plus for him. It might be possible to argue that he actually has too much moveset potential to rep properly, but I have faith Sakurai would know how to handle it. Now for the negatives. First, he's a western rep, so oof. We've been over that enough. Second, there hasn't been a main Scribblenauts game since the 2013 DC Crossover game. Technically Scribblenauts Showdown came out in 2018 but that appears to be more of a minigame type deal instead of a classic Scribblenauts game. Based on how you see that the series could be seen as dead or on life support. Overall I think there's a shot but there's too much negitive here to make me think we have an actually contender here

Want 100 - I'd love this so much. Scribblenauts was a game I really liked growing up. The creativity of the series would be a really cool thing to see in Smash and it would be amazing to see how Sakurai translates it to Smash.

Predictions
Hajime - 6.21%

Noms:
John Marston x10

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
Maxwell Scribblenauts

Chance: 0.1% - Scribblenauts is a failry popular series but I feel like it's slept on by general gaming culture. I have no idea how it's received outside of the United States, but I can't imagine it's particularly massive in Japan either. I would be pretty surprised if it happened.

Want: 70% - I've only played Unlimited on the 3DS but I really liked it. I have no idea how they would incorporate the main gameplay gimmick of the series into his moveset, but I have to imagine it would be unique. I would also really like it if his skins were some of the other playable characters like Lily.

No nominations.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
If the dictionary was a character

Chance: 10%
Scribblenauts was incredibly big back in its day. The games are some of the first that come to mind when you think about third party games on the DS, Wii U and 3DS. It's worth reminding that the series has sold over 13 million copies. That's more than many franchises already in Smash, and than heavily speculated ones like Doom, for example. It's still relevant, with a game in 2018. So while it's lost some of its luster and isn't as popular as it used to be, it kinda has everything we look for in a franchise. Except upcoming games, if we're holding onto that old Smash 4 maxim. We also know that overly complex movesets aren't an issue, which was always one of the biggest points against Maxwell because unlike most characters who are needlessly complicated, he really needs to be to be a faithful representation of Scribblenauts.

That said, it's kind of a small series, which I'm not expecting after the one-two punch of Steve and Travis. The owner is Warner Bros, who also owns Mortal Kombat, and that's big competition; once they're at the table, you might as well go for the killer ninjas.

Want: 90%
5th Cell was a big chunk of my childhood. Locke's Quest was alright, Run Roo Run was the first mobile game I bought (and I've only bought like 3 in my whole life), and the Drawn to Life games wowed me with how much they included player creativity (and with that crazy ending). But Scribblenauts was always the most impressive one, displaying true ingenuity and technical prowess to make a game with possibilities that are still unmatched in the medium. Maxwell is also a de-facto Nintendo character, and I always want more of those in Smash.

Noms: Cooking Mama x10
Hajime prediction: 1.92%

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Vectorman x180
Don-chan x170
Carl Johnson x160
T-Rex Runner x150
Concept: Second F-Zero rep x139
[Rerate] Concept: Boss Rush x139
Mii Costume: Monika x135
[Rerate] Monokuma x135

150 - 101

[Rerate] Arle Nadja x130
Crazy Dave x120
Worms x120
Cooking Mama x120
D.Va x115
Qbby x115
John Marston x115
[Rerate] Concept: League of Legends rep x110
Boss: Ender Dragon x103

100 - 51

Zero (Mega Man) x95
Mii Costume: Alex Kidd x93
Riptor x85
Boss: Rayquaza x85
Stage: Bowser's Castle x81
Concept: Darksiders rep x80
Sackboy x80
Concept: A 4X strategy rep x80
Fulgore x79
Concept: More ATs as one new item x75
Dwight Fairfield (Dead by Daylight) x75
Concept: Rocket League rep x75
Concept: Characters that don't have games on Nintendo platforms x75
[Rerate] Neku x75
Giygas x71
Velvet Crowe x65
Beat (Jet Set Radio) x60
Echo (Olimar) x56
Concept: SNES-era Final Fantasy rep x55
Gooigi x55
Vi (Bug Fables) x55
Echo: Zeraora (Lucario) x55
[Rerate] Jin Kazama x55
Magolor x55
Jin Sakai x55
Ghirahim x55
Mii Costume: 2B x55

50 - 25

Tetra x45
Echo (Bowser) x40
[Rerate] Concept: New Zelda character x30
Ryza (Atelier) x25
Concept: A Challenger Pack with 2 Fighters x25

Under 25

Junpei (Zero Escape) x18
Yarn Yoshi x15
Billy & Jimmy Lee x15
[Rerate] Reimu Hakurei x15
[Rerate] Master Chief x15
Filia (Skullgirls) x11
Tetris x10
Slash Kamei (Snowboard Kids) x10
Estelle Bright x10
Mii Costume: Zagreus x10
Mii Costume: Madeline x10
Concept: Rocket League content x5
[Rerate] Thrall x5
Stage: Tetris x5
[Rerate] Agumon x5
[Rerate] Lara Croft x5
Stage: Tetris 99 x5
[Rerate] Concept: Any new Xenoblade character x5
Concept: Raizing shmup rep x5
[Rerate] Shovel Knight x5

Carl Johnson steals third place from T-Rex Runner. Concept: Second F-Zero rep races past Mii Costume: Monika, and finishes in fifth place. Monokuma beats Arle Nadja, kicking her out of the top seven and tying with Monika for sixth. But then Concept: Boss Rush gets a big boost in nominations, entering the top seven tied with Second F-Zero rep.

John Marston rides past 100 noms.

Beat, Neku, and Mii Costume: 2B all shoot past 50 noms.

3DSNinja 3DSNinja Springtrap doesn't have a thread, so I took the liberty of giving the 2 noms you gave him to Neku (the other character you nominated that day). Is that OK?

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Day over.

Rate Hajime Hinata from Danganronpa.

Predict Cynthia from the Pokemon series.

Megadoomer Megadoomer

-----

Some Danganronpa 2 songs for today:

-----

Abstaining completely on Hajime since I'm not familiar with Danganronpa.

Cynthia chance prediction: 1.30%

Nominations:
Carl Johnson x5

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
JYB's least impressive role

Chance: 0% Yeah no, Hajime has nothing going for him as a result of being stuck in the middle of DR1 and V3, Naegi's the most iconic protag and V3's more recent which would instead get us Kaede, Hajime literally has nothing going for him as a standalone rep for the franchise to the point I'm baffled on why he was nominated specifically. That being said, Hajime pretty much screams alt material for a different DR protag, most likely Naegi.

Want: 50% On one hand, I do like Danganronpa quite a bit, but on the other hand, Hajime's so dull. The game tries to hype him up later on in the story, but I still find him painfully bland, though tbf I don't think highly of DR2's final case desperately trying to be shocking with the nonsensical bull**** it tries to pull. To make matters worse, DR2 has my least favourite case in the series (y'all know which one lmao). That being said, it's still DR content so I'd very much adore a bunch of the catchy tracks and a potentially great stage due to the potential of the execution devices being used as stage hazards, though that'd also risk spoiling who the killers in the franchise are

Velvet Crowe x 10

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Gonna one hour Maxwell and do Hajime at the same time.

Chance (Maxwell): 15%. Like others have said, he's had a decent history and was really popular during the front half of the 2010's. After that, Scribblenauts just... faded out. What happened, and why did it happen so suddenly? Well whatever it was, Scribblenauts has faded into the background and mostly isn't talked about anymore. This is unfortunate for many things, getting into Smash being one of them. And, well, faded star Scribblenauts or megaton pull Mortal Kombat off of Warner Bros? Yeah that decision isn't hard.

Want (Maxwell): 40%. Again, I think he has too much moveset potential and would ironically be better suited for something like an Assist Trophy. When you have limitless potential, finding out what to do becomes a challenge. What other character has over 20 up special candidates ALONE? I feel overwhelmed trying to think of what this character could do, or rather, couldn't do. Besides, I want a bit more of a simple character too, after all Steve is complex enough and we haven't had a non-gimmicky character since Byleth. But Super Scribblenauts is awesome so I'm not complaining if he happens.

And now for the new kid.

Chance (Hajime): I would abstain here because I don't know enough about Danganronpa. But I'll just slip a 0% this guy's way. I don't see a world in which we get a Danganronpa representative that isn't Monokuma or Makoto. Those two are the most talked about, the most requested, and while Monokuma is ahead as a whole, Makoto is the OG protagonist from what I understand and has a few more requestors. Granted, he could be an alt of Makoto if they do pick him, but still... I'm struggling to think of any reason why Hajime would be picked if Danganronpa managed to get in Smash, aside from being an alt of somebody else. This is somebody I straight up cannot think of in Smash.

Want (Hajime): 10%. When I hear of Danganronpa requests, Monokuma nearly always is the first one to be mentioned. Plus in general, to be included, you pretty much either have to spoil as much of Danganronpa as humanly possible if you were to include it in Smash, or spoil as little as possible and thus barely represent any of the games. In this criss-cross of reasons I can't say I would really be enthused with this character. But at the end of the day this character isn't for me, anyway. It's for the people who want Danganronpa in Smash... at all. And if this is the guy they choose... eh. Besides, I can still get all the characters I'd like included if Hajime happened, so there's no real competition angle on a personal scale.

Maxwell noms: Arle x 5/10 (if I qualify). Hajime noms: CJ x 5, Arle x 5. Cynthia is not from Gen 8 so she is going to get several 0%'s. 0.55%. Not predicting Hajime since his day started.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Well I'll be posting a rant later.

..i nommed Hajime because he's my fav btw
Also, Abstain on Maxwell
3 noms for Peppino, 2 for Neku

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Adjective: Late

Chance: 5%. Unfortunately, can't really see it. Scribblenauts is past it's prime, if it was Smash 4 or even base Ultimate I'd be more optimistic, but he really doesn't work as paid DLC in this climate. He's not impossible though, since Warner and Nintendo seem to be working togerther at some level, considering Detective Pikachu. He also had an official crossover with Mario and Zelda. He needs a new game (that isn't a crappy party spinoff) to really have a shot.

Want 100%. He's my second most wanted, and the top 3 are all very close. I adored Scribblenauts Unlimited as a kid. The idea of being able to do almost anything was really cool as a kid, and the Wii U version's custom content enhanced that even further. I haven't done much with the series since then, but it stuck with me, and Maxwell in Smash would be really cool. He'd basically have infinite moveset potential, and could even put Hero and Steve to shame. But again... I feel like it's another thing that would've worked best in Smash 4, because custom moves would be perfect for him.

Noms: Regigigas x10

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Hajime

Chance: 1 to 5%. Chances are, Monokuma is way more likely to appear then Hajime would. The 5% rating is his maximum rating since we have seen more unlikely characters get in the game.

Want: 50%. I prefer it if Monokuma got in first, but Hajime would be fun to play as. But since I don’t know too much about him, I will just say that he would make a decent choice for Smash Bros.

Prediction: Cynthia (10%)

Noms: 5 for Concept: Second F-Zero Rep

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Gonna abstain on Hajime. We've rated Danganronpa so many times lately that I don't really have anything new to say. Basically the same "Nintendo has a good relationship with the IP holder but none of the games are on Nintendo systems", and I'm not really that interested in seeing the franchise in Smash in the want department (especially if it has to be more bare-bones to avoid spoilers). There haven't been any new developments for the franchise in regard to its' Smash chances so there's really nothing else to say.

Nominations:
4x Strategy rep x5

Predictions:
Cynthia - 1.43% - While there are rumors of Diamond and Pearl remakes next year, human Pokemon characters never seem to be considered for Smash slots (outside of Red) so I'm expecting some pretty low chance scores despite her popularity.

Last edited:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Hajime

Quick disclaimer here; I haven't finished DR2 yet so it's possible I'm missing out on some info here due to that.

Chance 10 - I don't think Danganronpa is very unlikely. The series is somewhat popular, yet niche as well. Hajime would rep the gameplay of DR well and after talking about it on the discord a few weeks ago I think there actually is a viable moveset for the protagonists. There's 2 big issues I see here though. First is that I feel like Sakurai may opt for Makoto instead since he's the protag of the very first game and that feels a bit more natural of a pick. However, Hajime is more popular it seems so that could tip the scales in his favor. There's also competition from Monokuma though and that's where I'm struggling still. Both characters run into the issue of they only rep one side of games. Monokuma with the violence and story and Hajime with the gameplay. It really feels like you need both to properly rep the series and I'm not sure there's a character out there who can do both(don't reply to me with the names of characters if I'm wrong please, like I said above im still working through the series). I feel like I'd expect Monokuma over any protags first though since he's also the mascot and I believe appears in every game.

Want 50 - This was about a 20 before I talked it over on discord. While there's some real good stuff they could do here, I think I'd just rather have Monokuma as the playable rep.

Predictions:
Cynthia- 1.32

Noms:
John Martson x10

ahemtoday

Smash Ace
Hajime Hinata

Chance: 1%

I don't think this is very likely to happen at all. For starters, I'm not sure Danganronpa is all that likely to receive representation in Smash to begin with. While Spike Chunsoft does have a good relationship with Nintendo, that hasn't really extended to the Danganronpa series at this point. Still, from what I've heard in interviews, it doesn't sound like the series being on Nintendo is necessarily a prerequisite, so I wouldn't call it impossible.

However, what significantly hurts Hajime's chances is competition from within his own series. For starters, there's Monokuma, who's the mascot of the series. And also the main villain. Or perhaps you could consider him Ridley of the series, considering he's usually just a mask for the mastermind of the game. More to the point, he's the only character to be a prominent presence in every game in the series, and is a heavy contributor to the game's goofy yet dark feel.

There's also a chance they could go with one of the main protagonists, a reason for which could be to represent the gameplay and setting of the series more closely. However, among these, it seems to me the clear favorite would be Makoto Naegi. He's actually made appearances in every other game in the series so far, and in pretty prominent roles. Hajime was... well, he had a relatively big part in DR3, the anime. And he was in one of V3's side modes, but everyone was in that side mode. I don't really see them going for any other protagonists unless it was an Olimar situation, and I think people have been drastically overestimating the likelihood of Olimar situations.

Want: 35%

Now, I'd like to see Danganronpa in Smash. I think it's widespread enough, and visual novels are one of the genres that has absolutely no playable representation on the roster. But, cards on the table: I would want the DR character to be Monokuma. I think he would both represent the games' aesthetic much better, have a more interesting moveset, and just plain look more distinctive compared to the rest of the roster. Monokuma's due for a rerate soon, so I'll save it 'til then, but I think he's the best choice. At the same time, I would respect choosing Naegi for the gameplay (even if I'm not convinced you couldn't just give Monokuma that stuff the same way they gave Byleth the Relics).

But Hajime would just... confuse me, really. I'm not sure what the thought process for adding him would be. The only thing I can think of would be to represent the Ultimate talents due to him being Izuru Kamukura and thus having every one of them, but that would be a massive spoiler. Of course, he could represent the protagonist gameplay just fine, but I just don't think he's nearly prominent enough to even think about prioritizing him over Naegi or Monokuma.

Predictions: Cynthia - 2.5%
Noms: Junpei x9, Filia x1

Hey, I seem to remember at one point the chance and want scores would get averaged up for each character. Is that still happening? I kinda liked that.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Allow me to cut through those words!

Chance: 5%

Thinking about it, if we are going to get a Danganronpa character, it will either be Monokuma or the protagonists, and in the protagonist timeline, I can totally see them pulling a Hero and include all the protagonists, which will include Hajime. So really to me this will come down to Monokuma or protagonists and I can see arguments for both cases. But one thing I'm sure about is that we probably will not get a Danganronpa character. While Spike Chunsoft has a good relationship with Nintendo, the reality is that for some reason there has yet to be any Danganronpa games on the Switch, let alone any Nintendo system. That is a big blow to any series ' chances and with other Japanese companies like Koei Tecmo, who have been working closely with the Switch, not having any representation yet, it's hard for me to imagine Nintendo being enticed into choosing Danganronpa. And no, I don't think the Danganronpa content in Crypt of the Necrodancer helps at all.

Want: 95%

While I would prefer Monokuma as the rep, I would love to have any of the major characters from Danganronpa be playable. It's one of my top favorite series and while Danganronpa V3 is my favorite of the series, 2 is also great. Even if Hajime was the sole character, which would kind of confuse me, I would be happy with him. He is a good character and a moveset based around truth bullets, as well as other elements based on the class trials plus investigations, seems interesting. It would be interesting to see how they could translate Danganronpa's gameplay into a fighting game. And of course, we can't forget about the music. Danganronpa 2 brings back pretty much all of the tracks from the first game plus a couple new ones like Tropical Despair and a Dead End to the Ocean's Aroma which are brilliant tracks. Plus we would very likely get tracks from across the series like Scrum Debate which is my favorite track and it would be awesome to hear it in Smash.

Point is, Danganronpa is awesome.

Prediction: Cynthia - 2% (If it wasn't for the possibility of Gen 4 remakes, this should otherwise be a flat zero)

Noms:
Among Us character x5
Vectorman x5

MintPepsi

Smash Cadet
Hajime Hinata

Chance: 5%

I do not consider a Danganronpa character likely but I do consider one very possible. Spike Chunsoft and Nintendo are quite close yet they haven't gotten a Smash rep yet and the obvious pick for a Spike rep would be a Danganronpa character. I can definitely see Nintendo going for Danganronpa, I just don't consider it likely because I feel there are other characters and series from other companies that they would prioritize. That being said, if we did a Danganronpa character then it'd be between Monokuma and the protagonists. I think Monokuma is slightly more likely, I'd rate him a 10% chance, but I can definitely see Sakurai going for the protags instead. I do think the protags would likely be a Hero situation with the alts meaning we'd also get Makoto and Kaede. However, if they were to go for just one protag (which I consider really unlikely) then it'd have to be Makoto. He's the first game's protagonist and the most important/iconic protagonist.

Want: 100%
I love Danganronpa and Hajime especially is my favorite protagonist, Danganronpa 2 is also my favorite Danganronpa. I'd also be down for Makoto or Monokuma though, I'd want any Danganronpa character. My dream though would be like Hajime with Nagito echo or if they were to do the Hero thing, have Nagito be the 4th alt alongside the protags. I just want DR representation in general though, even if it's just a mii costume.

I put all my noms towards Shovel Knight

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Hajimeme

1% Chance

Sorry Ninja, but this ain't happening. I would copy paste what I said about Shuichi, but I am not that lazy. Danganronpa still is not on the switch. The ports could easily come but they have not. While Spike Chumsoft has a decent relationship with Nintendo, I doubt it is enough to overcome a series that has no connection to Nintendo systems. Even Persona has SMT and Q at least. The competition is fierce for third parties and in general. I doubt Danganronpa gets in over other important Japanese studies like Falcom or Koei Tecmo. Could it happen? Yes feasibly. They could do a Hero and make all the protags one character, but I doubt it. If we even got Dangers content, I would lean on Monokuma.

20% Want

Once again, sorry Ninja, but a Danganronpa character ain't doing it for me. I would rather have Monokuma as I said in the past. I just fail to see myself being excited for Hajime in smash. I like Danganronpa, but I am not vibing with a protagonist of it being in smash. I do not find the idea interesting, at least compared to Monokuma. At least Hajime is from a game I liked more than NDR3, which saves him from a lower score.

Neku x 10

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Hajime
Chance: 0%
When Danganronpa is brought up for Smash Monokuma, the face of the franchise is mentioned moreso than the human protagonists. Even amongst them, this guy being the protag from the 2nd game means he's stuck in the awkward middle where he's neither the most iconic nor most recent. 2012 was quite some time ago. I'm not particularly betting on this series getting a character at all but I do think if it does there are just likelier options. No, I'm not taking a Hero alt situation into consideration, to me that doesn't count.

Want: Abstain, haven't played these games. Maybe I will someday, maybe I won't. Who knows?

Cynthia: 1.95%
Beat x5

Lyncario

Smash Ace
Hajime Hinata

Chances: Not Monokua, and not the most likely Danganronpa protag, so 0.5%

It's not Makoto, it's not Monokuma, it's not Junko, and he's pretty popular in his series and could be in as a fight if Danganronpa got a Hero-like fighter, but it's very unlikely to happen in my opinion compared to Monokuma with or without Junko, who is who would be the more likely Danganronpa rep if we do happen to get one, and if it's a protagonist, then my guess would be Makoto. This is pretty much like when I think Kokichi was rated, or another Danganronpa character who isn't Monokuma or Makoto. Whatever.

Want: Abstain, my only experience with Danganronpa is with the anime based of the first game, so I have no opinion on him.

Prediction

Cynthia: 1.5%

Nominatios

Boss rush x5

amageish

Smash Master
I guess I'll come out retirement for the day, to boost a want score and make Ninja happy... Abstain on chance.

Want: 100%. If you had told me a year ago that I would probably be primarily known by a group of people for wanting a Danganronpa protagonist in Smash, then I would have been very confused... That said, I like visual novel characters in general and want an investigation character as was abandoned with Ayumi in Melee. DR is stylized well for this, given how their methods of presenting evidence is already made with a violent style (i.e., truth bullets and such). I don't personally think it's that likely at all (you can go back and find my previous DR ratings for that) - it would result in the goalposts having been moved from "Nintendo character" to "Character with games on Nintendo platforms" to "Character with spin-off games on Nintendo platforms" to "Character who is from a company that produces games on Nintendo platforms" - but it would make me happy if it happened.

Not much else to say.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Danganronpa rating number 18

Chance: 0.5%
Despite how good of a fit it is with the Switch, no Danganronpa game is on it, or any other Nintendo console. Because of that I really don't see Nintendo giving the franchise any attention. If it did get a character, I'd expect it to be Monokuma, who stands out more than a generic Japanese teenager. However on the off-chance that we do get a character and it isn't Monokuma, then yeah we'd probably get a Hero situation with all the protagonists, and Hajime would be a part of it.

Want: abstain
I'm a fan of Danganronpa but I can't bring myself to care about the possibility of a fighter. Hajime is an okay character but nothing I'm that fond of, nor does he excite me from a moveset standpoint. I'm not against it, I'm just completely apathetic to the idea.

Noms: Cooking Mama x10
Cynthia prediction: 4.3%

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Vectorman x180
Don-chan x170
Carl Johnson x165
T-Rex Runner x150
Concept: Second F-Zero rep x144
[Rerate] Concept: Boss Rush x144
[Rerate] Monokuma x140
[Rerate] Arle Nadja x140

150 - 101

Mii Costume: Monika x135
Cooking Mama x130
Crazy Dave x125
Worms x125
Qbby x125
John Marston x125
D.Va x115
[Rerate] Concept: League of Legends rep x115
Boss: Ender Dragon x103

100 - 51

Zero (Mega Man) x95
Mii Costume: Alex Kidd x93
[Rerate] Neku x88
Riptor x85
Boss: Rayquaza x85
Stage: Bowser's Castle x81
Concept: Darksiders rep x80
Sackboy x80
Concept: A 4X strategy rep x80
Concept: Characters that don't have games on Nintendo platforms x80
Fulgore x79
Concept: More ATs as one new item x75
Dwight Fairfield (Dead by Daylight) x75
Concept: Rocket League rep x75
Giygas x71
Velvet Crowe x70
Beat (Jet Set Radio) x70
Mii Costume: 2B x60
Echo (Olimar) x56
Concept: SNES-era Final Fantasy rep x55
Gooigi x55
Vi (Bug Fables) x55
Echo: Zeraora (Lucario) x55
[Rerate] Jin Kazama x55
Magolor x55
Jin Sakai x55
Ghirahim x55

50 - 25

Tetra x45
Echo (Bowser) x40
[Rerate] Concept: New Zelda character x30
Junpei (Zero Escape) x27
Ryza (Atelier) x25
Concept: A Challenger Pack with 2 Fighters x25
Concept: Among Us character x25

Under 25

Yarn Yoshi x15
Billy & Jimmy Lee x15
[Rerate] Reimu Hakurei x15
[Rerate] Master Chief x15
Filia (Skullgirls) x11
Tetris x10
Slash Kamei (Snowboard Kids) x10
Estelle Bright x10
Mii Costume: Zagreus x10
Mii Costume: Madeline x10
Regigigas x10
Concept: Rocket League content x5
[Rerate] Thrall x5
Stage: Tetris x5
[Rerate] Agumon x5
[Rerate] Lara Croft x5
Stage: Tetris 99 x5
[Rerate] Concept: Any new Xenoblade character x5
Concept: Raizing shmup rep x5
[Rerate] Shovel Knight x5
Peppino (Pizza Tower) x3

Monokuma wins his tie with Mii Costume: Monika and sends her tumbling off the top seven; unfortunately for him, a new contender pops up. Arle Nadja ties with him for seventh place.

Junpei escapes the under 25 club.

Your new nominees for today are Concept: Among Us character (with 25 noms), Regigigas (with 10 noms), and Peppino (with 3 noms).

Inue Houji

Purplish Wig
Makoto with short hair
Chance: Abstain
Hajime as a solo addition is never gonna happen, he might however be an alt for Makoto, who doesn't have a great chance either, but is at least possible.

Want: 5%
While I like the games, I'm having a hard time imagining a moveset for the protagonists. The protagonists are also the blandest choice possible for a character, when you have so many otherwise colorful characters in the cast. Danganronpa music would be neat though.

Predict Cynthia: 7%

Nominations
Beat x5

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
but K1-B0 exists
as does Rantaro
therefore the protags aren't the blandest DR chars
and Hajime and Kaede are actually not super bland, none of the protags are really
hell Kyoko is wayyyy more bland then any of the protags imfho

Hajimeme Hinata
Chance:35%:
. . Okay, before you get on me, let me explain. DR content imo is very likely due to the anivevsarry and how close Spike Chunsoft is to Nintendo. Why Hajime, then? Simple. He represents both sides of DR. Problem with Monokuma is that he doesn't really represent the gameply, he only represents the story. .and Makoto has the opposite problem. But since
Hajime is the mastermind of Danganronpa 2 as Izuru Kamukura and in general is very important to the overall story of the franchise. .
he doesn't have that problem. As well, he's also the most popular protagonist, considering Danganronpa 2 is the most loved game. And popularity does matter, as otherwise Eight and Joker probably wouldn't be in the game. There's my reasoning.
Want: 100%:
I love Danganronpa 2. It's my favorite Danganronpa game and one of my favorite video games of all time.Despite Case 2 being kinda padded and Case 3. .just kinda sucking. .the rest is great. I love the cast, the other cases, the extra modes, and the protagonist. Hajime is a great protagonist with his deadpan nature and his slight arc of growing less and less confident in himself and his overall demeanor when interacting with the characters of moreso being annoyed compared to Makoto's . .well, being super nice. . Is really interesting. Also how he really doesn't flinch except for having to expose
Mikan
in case 3, which is great. And his entire ass mental breakdown in 2-6 is really well done and handled. . I could go on, but I love Hajime as a character and Danganronpa 2 as a game, so I'd love him in Smash!
. . Also so that I could maybe get a Mikan spirit. . .what? i want my fav as a spirit.

Nominations: Neku Rerate x5, Peppino x5

Last edited:
Top Bottom