• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Yeah bro, it's the game we don't even know exists/when it'll be out.

Chance: This is such a nebulous concept that I would abstain here... but it specifies both a cutoff date and a prerequisite: no Spirit Events (i.e. either a Mii Costume or Challenger Pack), and games that came out after May 17th, 2020 are what is defined as currently unreleased (if it was November 9th, this would be WAY harder). Even then, it's hard to see many standout candidates besides Breath of the Wild's sequel or Age of Calamity, as everything else is either a port (Pikmin 3 DX), already represented with a spirit event (Origami King), or something we have no idea is far enough in development to get anything yet (Metroid Prime 4). And I'm thinking that Nintendo would not want anything from third party unreleased games because it could turn out to be terrible, or at least perform worse than anticipated. So I'm rating with this in mind.

I'll give it a 30%. I am very confident that we're not getting any Mii Costumes from games that have yet to release, because that would just be a waste of everybody's time, unless Sakurai fell in love with it and couldn't make a fighter which we can't prove. But is there potential in a challenger pack? Maybe... but I don't think there's a lot. The big weakness here is that these titles either don't need promotion or can't be proven to be in a state where Sakurai can play them to get a feel of the character, which is why Byleth happened while ARMS and Rex didn't. This makes it too much of a gamble for Nintendo to prioritize, and too difficult for Sakurai to make work in the great fray. Overall that doesn't paint a very good picture.

Well, unless you count content/a fighter that's technically pre-existing, but meant to represent a more recent release. I don't, afaik even if they add Crash, I don't think he'll be based on it but rather N. Sane Trilogy/Nitro-Fueled in terms of both design and moveset. If you did count that, I'd go way higher. Like, 80%.

Want: Abstain. Maybe this would be incredibly awesome. Maybe this would be absolutely terrible. Maybe this would be boringly mediocre. But I can't know that until I just do.

Coco is going to do quite poorly for much of the same reasons as Xion did. 8.30% since the Alt part carries her. Red x 5, CJ x 5.

Day 539: Concept: A Microsoft rep that isn't Steve or Master Chief/Chibi-Robo (Chibi-Robo!)
Is there any reason why these are stacked together?

Mr. MR

Smash Apprentice
Concept: Content from currently unreleased game (not Spirit Events) (as of May 17th 2020).

Chance: 99%
Games that fall into this category:
  • Monster Hunter Rise
  • Monster Hunter Stories 2
  • Breath of the Wild 2
  • Age of Calamity
  • Silksong
  • Bravely Default 2
  • Puyo Puyo Tetris 2
  • and there's probably a lot more..

Everyone knows how confident I am in a playable Monster Hunter and I'm pretty sure the Hunter will be based off Rise. Even if we somehow don't get the Hunter, we already have Mii Costumes from Smash 4. So I wouldn't be surprised by more Monster Hunter Mii costumes specifically from Rise. Many of these games I believe have a good chance at a playable character and if not, then they have a good chance for a Mii Costume. Also, we don't know what will happen after the pass so we might still get content way into the future like from Metroid Prime 4.

Want: 100%
Extra content? Yes please! Even if it's paid Mii Costumes I love the idea. It's a good thing to get fresh new content in the game. I gave a 100% want score to the Monster Hunter. You can probably guess what I would give Impa considering I was helping nom her. And I'll just say I would probably give Hornet a 100% want. I want Tetris content in this game even if it was just a stage.

Noms: Concept: 2B Mii Costume x10
(I haven't played her game yet but I think a Mii Costume needs to be rated)
Predict Coco Echo: 21.365%

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I should probably rate this since i nominated it. But I'm honestly a bit tapped out of this thread at this point.

Chance 70%
I think Monster Hunter Rise and botw2 are the games to look out for here. Either one could offer up a character or Mii Costume. And there's also the possibility of a random miicostume song combo.

Want 90%
I like content from newer games. Keeps the game fresh and feeling less outdated.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
hurray we're gonna rate chibi, another day when everyone bar myself is gonna say hes got no chance and they dont want him to bad hes stacked with the microsoft character

anyway on to todays rating

chances: 50% i can believe we can get something from a game thats not out at the moment. however i expect the game will be out by the time we get it, like its says currently unreleased. although the time frame is shrinking i would guess anything we do get would have to bee from a game releasing soon. so from now to the end of febuary maybe. of course that would likely be for a playable character for something like a mii costume the time frame would probably be bigger. in the case of a playble character or indeed a stage the game would probably have to been a fair amount through development when they chose the pass. music can ripped directly from a game and some mii costume have been similar so they wouldnt need as much time. and obviously itd probably be a nintendo game where sakurai is allowed behind the scenes.

want: 50% well its difficult to want something from a game thats not out yet. there are some games like, AoC, BoTW2 and KHMoM which i would love to see in smash. im always up for more zelda stuff and would love some KH stuff. but for the most part im fairly certain a lot of the unreleased games id like havent been announced yet. so half and half as theres a few games id love to get stuff from and probably plenty id rather we didnt get stuff from.

nominate qbby x10

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Concept: Content from currently unreleased game (not Spirit Events) (as of May 17th 2020).

Chance: 30%
I can see BotW 2, Bravely Default 2, and Monster Hunter Rise getting some representation outside of spirits. Sakurai stated that Corrin was added to SSB4 to promote a recent Nintendo game so I can see the same thing happening here. We got a recent promotional game character last pass in the form of Byleth who would probably count for this concept if it were a year earlier. Even if it isn't a full-on character, promotional DLC is possible like with the Mario Maker stage from SSB4. At the same time though, we could just get spirits of a very recent/upcoming game or more third parties who debuted years ago.

Want: Abstain
This concept is super broad so I'm not going to give an actual want score. Whether I'm satisfied with this or not really depends on what it is. If it's Mii Costumes and a new stage then I'm fine with that, though not so much with a character. Granted if it's someone like a BotW character then I'd like that personally, however I generally don't like adding characters into Smash until their game is out. That way players have time to familiarize themselves with the character otherwise they feel shoehorned into the game (yes I'm looking at you Corrin).

-----

Coco as Crash's echo/alt chance prediction: 19.84% (based on people's predictions I'm expecting this to be waaay higher than it should be)

Nominations:
Concept: The remaining SSB4 DLC Mii Costumes return (or get the deluxe treatment) x10

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
Content from currently unreleased games, not Spirit Events (up until May)
Chance: 30%
Since this still encompasses things like Mii Costumes and music, yeah, I could see it. There's lots of games that fall under this umbrella, and it seems fairly reasonable to think that at least something from those would be making it in, in some manner, as Smash tends to showcase new games when it can, usually through Spirit Events but still, could also happen with Mii Costumes or music. Personally, I'm not entirely too keen on a full blown Challenger Pack of something of this caliber, but who knows? For the sake of mentioning, if there was to be one, I could see it being a Zelda character. I'm sure it's not only my first thought there. But yeah, I find a costume/music more likely than a character. In theory this concept has already happened both in Smash 4's DLC section and FP1, so yeah, it's definitely not out of the realm of possibility.

Want: Abstain
Abstaining here because it depends on what the content would be, as this concept goes over many things. If it was say, Impa from AoC or something like that, I'd like it. But if it was something else from something essentially new I'd have no prior opinion on whatever it is. Same with if it's Mii Costumes, most of the times if it's a Mii Costume I either don't mind it too much or find it neat, since they're a little more minor in comparison to characters. Sometimes I'm surprised, like with Bomberman which was a pretty good costume.

Nominations: Worms x10

Coco echo prediction: 12%, I find Coco herself to be a pretty reasonable thing for Crash, but I feel that due to the lack of echoes altogether this could be lower.

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Content from Unreleased Games

Chance: 10%. This technically happened before with Roy being in Melee (due to Blinding Blade being delayed a bit). With that said, it would not be impossible for a fighter from an unreased game to make it in Smash.

Want: Varies. On one hand, It would be an idea to get reps from Hurtle Warriors, Pikmin 3 Deluxe and the new Monster Hunter games. Also wanting a Pokémon that is DLC in Sword/Shield (mainly one who first appeared in earlier generations), and a new Mario character for the upcoming Mario games. On the other hand, I also want some characters who are available in games from Earlier. But I’ll say 50% for the rating.

Prediction: Coco as a Crash Echo: 10%.

Noms: 5 for Concept: Second F-Zero Rep

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
he said the smash team begged him to do it
Yes they begged him to do it... so that they could promote a recent Nintendo game.

Moving on to Corrin, Sakurai mentions that since they’ve been making DLC for Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS, they’ve been thinking about adding a character from a title that’s about to or just saw release. The game of choice here falls to Fire Emblem Fates, which came out in Japan back in June and will be heading west in February. Sakurai writes that he himself thought they were adding too many characters from Fire Emblem, but after speaking with the development staff, he was assured that Corrin would make for an interesting fighter.
They were already eyeing up a promotional character for SSB4, it's just that Corrin was the one decided on in the end.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
The Roy Effect

Chance: 90%
I think it's highly likely that we get another character from a recent game, which, given we're looking at 2021 releases for the four remaining characters, would probably mean that the game hasn't been released yet. We have a very strong precedent for this, with many Pokemon and Fire Emblem characters being decided upon before their respective debuts. We even have Sakurai on record for both Corrin and Byleth saying that their inclusions stemmed from the desire to give players a character from a game they're playing. Pokemon and Fire Emblem released their latest entries in 2019 though, with one getting a fighter and the other a disqualifying Spirit Event, so it would seem that another franchise has to pick up the slack this time around. Right now it's looking good for Zelda, which is getting Age of Calamity next week and BotW2 soon. A character from that setting would go very well with the increased focus on the series, especially as next year will be its 30th anniversary. However there's bound to be more big Nintendo titles for next year, so it's not a win for Zelda yet.

Even without a fighter, we could easily get content from a new game, say, as a Mii Costume. Or maybe an old character comes with a stage from a recent game. Or it could even be an element from their moveset, like Luigi referencing Luigi's Mansion 3 and Joker using the grappling hook from Persona 5 Royal.

Xenoblade Chronicles DE: idk what happens in Future Connected, maybe something from it could get a Mii Costume? Or if it has new music, it could come with Rex.

Jump Rope Challenge: that's right, the surprise hit of 2020. Idk, something could come from this, maybe.

Deadly Premonition 2: Nintendo put a lot of advertising behind this cult sequel to a cult game. Could amount to something.

Bloodstained Curse of the Moon 2: the only way this gets representation is if Miriam gets in as a fighter, and even then her content would probably be centered around Ritual of the Night. It's a long shot.

Paper Mario Origami King: it already got a Spirit Event so it's pretty much dead. If Paper Mario became playable, I think the 1000-fold arms would be a near guarantee for his moveset, but alas.

Fall Guys: one of the year's big viral games, I guess they could make for Mii Costumes but honestly I think it's Spirit Event or nothing for these two

Battletoads 2020: now technically this one isn't on the Switch... yet. But with Microsoft's tendency of porting their platformers on Switch and Battletoads' history with Nintendo, I'd say the 'Toads have a pretty easy road to Mii Costume status.

Hades: I don't see this one getting more than a Spirit Event, but even if it does it was on Early Access for 2 years before its final release recently. I guess if the content added wasn't in Hades until its final release it would count, but I don't know much about Hades so I'll leave it at that

Spelunky 2: it isn't on Switch but Spelunky has some pedigree and it got great reviews. I could see this getting a Mii Costume, this is the current indie I'd watch (I'd like to say Carrion but I don't think it made much of a splash and it'd be hard to make a costume from it)

Super Mario 3D All-Stars: I won't put it past Nintendo to promote this game through Smash, but even beyond how debatable this is as content from new game (it's just 3 ports), I can't see anything but a Spirit Event for this one.

Kirby Fighters 2: potentially as part of Bandana Dee's content, otherwise this is prime Spirit Event fodder.

Genshin Impact: Wikipedia says this is due to release on the Switch at some point. I doubt Nintendo would want to give the spotlight to the game that blatantly plagiarized them but it is kinda popular so who knows?

Super Mario Bros. 35: I could actually see a standalone stage based on this, kind of like the Mario Maker stage for Sm4sh. But Tetris 99 just got a Spirit Event, so maybe not.

Crash Bandicoot 4: Crash could come with any number of things from this latest entry; hell, he could use his design from this. His Spirits and music are also worth looking out for.

Watch Dogs Legion/Assassin's Creed Valhalla: obviously these two aren't going to be on Switch anytime soon unless the cloud games really sell, and Watch Dogs especially has little chance to get anything into Smash, even tangentially. But a hypothetical Assassin's Creed character could come with Valhalla music, or even an Eivor Spirit, and I could see either of these games getting a Mii Costume.

Pikmin 3 Deluxe: I don't think there's anything that would be specifically from Deluxe instead of regular old Pikmin 3 so this is a firm no

Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War: terrible name by the way. Yeah, we're getting into odd territory right now, but we're rating Alex Mason in a couple of days. I honestly could see a Call of Duty fighter in Smash, and with one of their two most illustrious subseries getting a new game they might as well give it content.

Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory: while it's just a rhythm game, and therefore has no new music, you can count on this one doing the trademark KH move and feature a ton of new lore and characters and plot and whatever. So look out for Sora's pack as well

Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity: this one could get a fighter, so anything below that is also fair game

Immortal Fenyx Rising: this game screams Mii Costume to me

Puyo Puyo Tetris 2: even if I don't think Arle is happening, if she did, I think she'd probably take music and maybe even Spirit artwork from this game.

Cyberpunk 2077: it's the biggest game of the year that isn't a console exclusive. It's a longshot but I kinda had to mention it. With Witcher 3 getting ported to the Switch, this one could follow suit, and maybe they'd have a Keanu Reeves Mii Costume or something. Obviously things get easier for this if Geralt (or, hell, maybe even V) becomes playable

Beyond 2020, I'll just name games that could get something: Hitman 3, Prince of Persia Sands of Time Remake, Disgaea 6, Little Nightmares 2, Mario 3D World Furry Bowser Edition, Bravely Default II, Story of Seasons Pioneers of Olive Town, Balan Wonderworld, Monster Hunter Rise, Guilty Gear Strive, NieR Replicant remake, Rune Factory 5, Alex Kidd in Miracle World remake, Axiom Verge 2, Far Cry 6, Halo Infinite, No More Heroes III, Resident Evil Village, that new League of Legends game, Shin Megami Tensei V, Bayonetta 3, Detective Pikachu 2, Final Fantasy XVI, Famicom Detective Club remake, Metroid Prime 4, New Pokemon Snap, and obviously, Breath of the Wild 2. Many of these games I could see getting fighters, others I'd say are just possible Mii Costumes or music inclusions. But I think I've already yapped enough. I just want to justify giving such a high score, as the amount of options is enormous.

I'm going to abstain for want because this could be either great or terrible, and either monumental or meaningless. I'm against including stuff from games when you don't know how they're gonna turn out, at least in principle, but then again, if they had chosen Spring Man for the base roster or Officer Howard for the first Pass you would have seen no complaints from me.

Noms: Cooking Mama x10
Coco as an alt prediction: 28.33%

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Yes they begged him to do it... so that they could promote a recent Nintendo game.

They were already eyeing up a promotional character for SSB4, it's just that Corrin was the one decided on in the end.
as i understood it, it was cuase it was the game the had all been playing at the time. which made sense from my perspective

Lyncario

Smash Ace
Unreleased yet? More likely that what you would think.

Chance: 75%

I find this extremly likely outside of even spirits because of how broad it is. In fact, this is the hightest rating I gave and will likly ever give on rate their chances. For mii costumes, I find an Impa or even BotW2 Zelda miix extremly likely, not as playable, but as miis, in fact, talking about BotW2, a BotW2 stage could very well happen in the same vein as SBF, and we could get some tracks from it. We could also get a bit of content from Metroid Prime 4. That's not even talking about how technicaly, we already have some with the Travis Mii, consdering that he's here for No More Heroes 3 rather than for NMH1, NMH2n or their Switch ports, in fact he's a big part of what makes this so likely for me. There's also how this could come with basicaly any character with an upcoming game, for example, if Reimu does get in and has tracks from 17.5 outside of what the current demo for it has, I'm pretty sure that it would count for it, as an example. Also, it has historicaly been iin every dlc in smash, Corrin in 4, Byleth in FP1, there's precedents to it, though I dont think that it would be a character in season 2.

Want: abstain

I wouldn't be too for a character that I don't know really about, though I'm not against tracks or mii costumes at all, so I abstain for this, since there's no real way to know what said content would be at the moment. For example, taking my examlple with Reimu and trakcs from 17.5 outside of the demo, I would be all in for this as that's just bonus greatness, though I'm not all in for a character outside of some exception where I'm pretty positvie for HW:AoC Impe or BotW2 Zelda, even if I find them unlikely.

Nominations

Cynthia x10

Predictions

Coco as an alt/echo: I'm feeling it to be somehting like 24.6%

D

Deleted member

Fall Guys/Among Us: two of the year's big viral games, I guess they could make for Mii Costumes but honestly I think it's Spirit Event or nothing for these two
Among Us was actually released in 2018 but took off in popularity this year. It doesn't qualify for this unfortunately.

Anyways, Games beyond May 2020

Chance: 50%

If I'm reading this right, every game after May 17th is the main topic of the day, which means a franchise created before May will have content from the newest entry in the series for their challenger pack (i.e.: a BOTW character coming with Age of Calamity content). I'd say it's fairly likely. It's possible Nintendo wants to include the latest game of certain franchises like Monster Hunter Rise or Bravely Default 2, but it seems a lot more likely for Nintendo to do that with their inhouse titles. Since it's their games, Nintendo pretty much has full access to the development of those games and show Sakurai anything he needs to get a challenger pack made whereas they would need permission from other developers and publishers if they were to do this with a 3rd party franchise. However, Nintendo probably would've wanted to include a game that was revealed before March's Mini Direct for Vol 2, and the main games that were revealed prior were 1s with TBA release dates, XC Definitive Edition, and DLC for games already released. Metroid Prime 4 and the sequel to BOTW are still in development with no release date yet to be revealed, and those games are most likely too far off to release before Vol 2 concludes (they're probably more likely to be revealed in the summer of 2022 than get a challenger pack). Xenoblade Chronicles 1 is already in Smash, so I don't really see Nintendo wanting Sakurai to re-add content from the game in the form of a challenger pack just because it's the definitive version of XC1. Judging from Min Min's inclusion with the ARMS spirit board, SwSh DLC will most likely not be in a potential Gen 8 Challenger Pack.

As for 3rd Parties, it's a big maybe for me. It ultimately depends on how soon Nintendo got to see those titles to advertise them. Monster Hunter Rise and Bravely Default 2 were definitely in development for a good few years, so they pop out as potential titles Nintendo probably got their hands on during the Vol 2 drawing board for new characters. The only question to ask is if Sakurai was able to see and play early versions of those games like what he did with Three Houses for Byleth. Then, there's Supergiant's Hades. This game is probably a big gray area for the topic on hand because it was released as an Early Access title in 2018 VIA Epic Games Store but was officially released in September of this year. Would you consider it unreleased after May because it wasn't the final version of the game before September, or would you consider it released before May because of Early Access? Whatever stance you choose on Hades, it's possible that Nintendo and Sakurai gained interest in the game during its Early Access days and want to include it to Smash, and they also don't really need to ask Supergiant about looking into the development of the game as it was already purchasable from the beginning. If any 3rd party character sounds the likeliest for today's topic, Zagreus would be that guy if you believe Hades was an unreleased title after May.

Want: 50%

It all depends on what game it is. Deadly Premonition 2? Carrion? Fall Guys? Hades? Count me in on those games. All 4 of those games have something I like for them to be in Smash. I'd also say Olija would be pretty cool too since I played the demo. The rest aren't really too interesting for me to want to see get a Challenger Pack either because they aren't exactly games I'm not entirely interested in already like WWE2K Battlegrounds or have not seen enough of for me to consider like SMT V. Other than that, I can't really say I'm all too interested in a Challenger Pack from a game that hasn't even been revealed despite how unlikely that would be.

------------
Predictions:

Echoco - 9%

------------
Noms:
Challenger Pack with 2 Fighters x10

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Sadly, Henry Stickmin doesn't have a support thread, so we can't nominate him.
Well I just changed that today, because not being able to nominate him is a crime! (It does exist for more reasons than to just allow this, though, because the guy would be really cool to have.)

...so, does Henry become instantly eligible or is there a waiting period?

jamesster445

Smash Lord
Hot off the press content

Chance: 50%

I have half a mind to abstain from this just because of the number of variables. Ultimately it all depends on what's being added and from where. A stage based off BOTW2? Sure. Songs from Age of Calimity? Why not. A character from SMTV? Eh.

Nominations: Zagreus Mii x5

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Well I just changed that today, because not being able to nominate him is a crime! (It does exist for more reasons than to just allow this, though, because the guy would be really cool to have.)

...so, does Henry become instantly eligible or is there a waiting period?
You can start nominating him right away.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Day over.

Rate Concept: Coco as Crash's Echo/Costume.

Predict Concept: Fortnite character.

Megadoomer Megadoomer

-----

Some songs to get into the Crash/Coco mood:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Woahx2

Chance: 0% This requires 2 things, first of all, Crash in Smash, second, Echoes need to be a thing. Echoes are padding which don't cost nearly as much to make as a fully fledged newcomer, but people keep forgetting a key detail, Echoes are made with leftover resources, which the DLC likely won't have, and extra time, which no way in hell does the team has. Work's already hard enough as is with 6 extra characters and stages, but there's also the pandemic which almost certainly throws a wrench in the works, not to mention Sakurai himself sees Echoes as padding too judging by how you can stack them and how he quipped about the DLC not being Echoes.

Want 40% Which is a shame as despite only having beaten a single level of Crash 3 (Funny enough it was a Coco level) and nothing else in all my years, I do like Coco, especially her current characterization in which she's as goofy as Crash and also gets to be part of the action. Despite this, I'm not keen on spending money on a character who'd be an identical clone, which knocks her down a peg here for me, especially as there's no way in hell they'll sell an echo seperately as far as I'm concerned

Miriam x5

Velvet Crowe x5

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Coco
Chance: 1%
Crash has to get in first and while he's a real possiblilty he's not "omg he's in" territory for me. Echo fighters likely aren't happening at this point since those are pretty much bonuses when extra time and money are available which are very limited during the DLC cycle. Having her as an alt sounds more likely but it would require Crash and Coco to share the same skeleton and animations which would end up being a compromise for both of them. I'd personally see them sticking to just Crash.

Want: Abstaining

Fortnite rep: 15.40%
The Knight x5

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Chance: abstain

Want as a costume: 0%

Their proportions are way too different. It wouldn’t work even remotely.

Want as an Echo: 70%
That said, they’re not too different for an Echo. It’ll mostly have to boil down to making Coco a semi-clone in terms of animations, but I’ll take that.

Fortnite: 30%

Noms:
Crazy Dave x5

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Concept: Coco as Crash's Echo/Costume

Chance: 0.1%
Sakurai stated that Isabelle couldn't be an echo of Villager due to both characters having different body types/personalities. Yes there are a few cases where alts/echos have slightly different animations (like with M/F Byleth's idle poses being slightly different) but all those characters still have the same body types so all of their other animations flow together well. Coco has a relatively normal body while Crash has his distinctive Crash Bandicoot body with no neck, higher arm joints, etc. Unlike with all of the other alts/echos which share just about all animations, Coco would probably have to be reworked to accommodate for every single animation as a result of Crash's unique body. This would most likely just be way too much work to the point where it'd be like making an entirely new character. Now of course Chrom and Ken have a few new moves, but those are additions to the characters instead of entire reworkings of all of their other animations (jumping, walking, etc.) which are still the same as Roy and Ryu's respectively.

This is all without mentioning that we'd have to get Crash first for this to even happen which is roughly a 50/50 on its own. Plus even if this concept was possible we still have things like Terry without his Garou outfit so they could just ignore Coco and give Crash the usual 8 costumes.

Want: 100%
Assuming this is entirely possible then yes I'd love for this to happen. Coco is one of my favorite characters in the Crash Bandicoot universe so I'd want to see her playable whether it be as an echo or just as an alt. Heck I'd probably use her even more than Crash.

-----

Fortnite chance prediction: 11.43%

Nominations:
Concept: The remaining SSB4 DLC Mii Costumes return (or get the deluxe treatment) x10

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Coco as an alt/echo

Chance 10 - Missed the alt skin part in there originally so my prediction is way off. But lets break this down the same way we did the Roxas one a while ago. First, Crash has to come to Smash. Not impossible since we have multiple good places to show him off still and he's Crash. As we've talked about before there's a ton of stuff going for him. He's still pretty far from a guarantee though. Now lets look at Coco. She's been in a lot of games and seems very important to the series. There's some body typing issues here that could be something, but I'm not super in the know on that kind of stuff since we have had thing like female Byleth get a bit taller in the past.

Want 100 - Don't really care either way about Coco, but I'm 100ing this because I want Crash in Smash and getting this means Crash is a playable fighting in Smash. I don't really care what comes with him if it means we get Crash in Smash.

Predictions:
Fortnite character - 14.32

Noms:
TRex Runner x10

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Coco as an alt/echo

Chance: 0%: The body types are very different. This was the reason Isabelle couldn't be an echo, so Coco would be out already. As well, I doubt that we would get two fighters in one FP, especially since third party echos are very rare to begin with. And especially with Crash Bandicoot, I don't see them giving him two fighters when Sonic doesn't have two. So no, I don't believe this is happening.
Want: 100%: Which is a shame, as I love the Crash games and getting more representation would be great. As much as I would prefer Dingodile as the second Crash rep, Coco would be great too. I love her design and she's fun to play, plus this means we get more music and spirits if we get two fighters. Yea,the more Crash the merrier.
Nominations: Hajime Hinata x10

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Coco Bandicoot as Crash Alt/Echo

Chance: 1% -
There is a distinct possibility, Coco is being heavily promoted in modern Crash as a playable character in her own right who plays like Crash. We also did get Alex and Female Byleth so they ARE willing to do alts for other genders. However, in those two examples their proportions are near-identical or identical to their base character. This is a huge problem for Coco because, like mentioned earlier, Crash's body type is so unique and bizarre that Coco would have to be heavily reworked to fit them, and it'd be too different even for an echo (which is why, also mentioned earlier, that Isabelle needed her own slot). Furthermore, we have yet to see any DLC echoes and Sakurai mentioned he wasn't planning on making more. Alongside that we have to actually get Crash himself for this to actually be possible! So this concept has a lot of hurdles to jump!

Want: 50% - Crash and Coco are siblings so if Crash comes I'm always down for him to bring his family along for the ride! Though my one issue with this Coco concept (and this extends to the games as well) is that she either plays completely identically to Crash (N. Sane Trilogy and It's About Time) or identically but much weaker (Wrath of Cortex). I get that they wanted to make her strong too (and in N. Sane Trilogy's case, the levels were designed around Crash so they had to make compromises; haven't had the chance to play Crash 4 so I don't know how she's handled there) but I think Coco could be done much better as her own character than an alt. Keep the spinning (which is shown to be an ability all bandicoots have) but I'd love to see her integrate her karate or her cool gadgets into her playstyle, both in the games and in a hypothetical Smash character. Overall, I'm always happy to have more Crash characters along for the ride and Coco's a very cool character that I'd love to see! But I think she'd be done best as her own character with some more unique moves rather than a straight-up Crash clone.

Nominations:
Don-chan x5
4x Strategy Rep x5

Predictions:
Fortnite Character - 17.88% - That Donald Mustard Zoom call will definitely spark a lot of confidence but still being Western people will remain a little cautious, too.

Lyncario

Smash Ace
Coconut Gun

Chances

If Crash gets in: 25%

As a whole (by multiplying it by what I think Crash's chances are): 5%

As an echo: 0% lol

I don't think that Coco coming with Crash as his alt is too unlikely or likely, with it being at 20% if Crash is indeed playable. The reasons as to why are that she's the deuteragonist of the series and Crash's sister, even if she did not get a playable status until Warped. A good thing going towards her is that she's playable in the N-sane trilogy and Crash 4, and considering that they are the most relevant Crash games for his moveset in Smash, and that she has no gameplay difference with Crash, there's a chance that she gets in in my opinion. However, whil she plays the same, she does have different proportions, than Crash, and while that's not a death sentence for being an alt (see: Byleth), it could still go a bit against her, and one thing that could really go against her being an alt for Crash is that she wasn't playable until Warped, which isn't part of the original trilogy, which is the part of the series that's popular in Japan, though she still has an alright chance in my opinion due to her relevance to her series and not having gameplay differences compared to Crash himself. Oh, and for the echo part, it's easy, there has been no echo coming in as dlc and nothing that imply that it would be any different for any of the dlc characters, in fact, there's some leftovers of code seems to imply that Kasumi was meant to be an alt for joker at some point before getting scrapped, and well, Coco is way more similar to Crash than Kasumi is to Joker.

Want: 65%

Coco is an alright character and would be a nice bonus to get as an alt for Crash, that's for sure. I'm not one to say no to more content (even if it's from Fire Emblem), and I'm not against female version of protagonist, so Coco would be nice to have like that. However, I also do not care all that much about Coco herself, so while she would be a nice bonus, she wouldn't be more than that for me. After all, the main atraction if she got in would still be Crash himself, so yeah, she would be a nice bonus, but not much more than that.

Nominatons

Cynthia x10

Predictions

Fortnite character: 10.4%

jamesster445

Smash Lord
Remember Me

Chance: 10%

I couldnt care to be honest. But this is on the unlikely end if you ask me. Crash is already a character whose chances are spotty and none of the DLC characters have gotten echoes yet.

Nomination: Zagreus Mii x5

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Coco as Crashes Echo Fighter

Chance: 10%. First of all, Coco is very popular with many Crash Bandicoot fans, so she has a slight chance of showing up. However, we have yet to see DLC Echoes, so her inclusion would be surprising. Then again, there is a chance of her as a Semi Echo, like Isabelle, Pichu and Falco. Also Crash has to get in first, if she where to be an Echo-Fighter.

Want: 80%. Coco would totally be as fun to play, just like her brother Crash. I can see some potential like seeing her and Crash tag teaming against multiple villains. Overall, Coco would make a great Echo (or Semi Echo) of Crash.

Prediction: Fortnite Fighter (5%)

Noms: 5 for Concept: Second F-Zero Rep

ahemtoday

Smash Ace
Coco

Chance: 0%

I don't think this is happening. Firstly, Crash has to get in - which I'm not going to say is all that unlikely, but it's definitely not a guarantee.

First: Coco doesn't have the same build or the same animations as Crash, so being an alternate costume is impossible.

And when Sakurai first introduced DLC for Ultimate, he said he wasn't going to be doing echos. (By the way, I think this is the only thing I've ever tried to speculate. I got it right. Go me.) While he didn't specifically say that a fighter wouldn't come with an echo, I think we can infer pretty strongly that that isn't going to happen.

Want: 20%

I don't know, I guess it'd be cool? But it would be weird getting an Echo with just one DLC fighter out of eleven, which is preventing me from being too enthusiastic. Plus, I don't really have a connection to the Crash series.

Prediction: Fortnite Fighter (25%)

Noms: 5 for Maxwell. I wasn't expecting him to be so high up already...

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I don't have a joke for this one

Chance: 1%
Echoes, especially Echoes for DLC characters, are very unlikely in my book. Since you can't sell an Echo separately - because everyone could just buy the Echo and skip the original, to save money - it would have to be all part of the same character pack. And that just seems like a lot of work, plus it would be kinda weird that they haven't done it yet. As for an alt, Coco has a pretty different body structure and would probably have a very different skeleton, so I think it'd be impossible for her to be an alt. Of course, this all hinges on Crash getting in, which I'm not very confident in.

Want: abstain
I'd love her as an Echo, but I hate when different characters get reduced to alts. These are polar opposite outcomes to me, I can't give a single want score for both.

Noms: Cooking Mama x10
Fortnite prediction: ugh... 41.42%

Last edited:

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
She's been waiting on that battery for over two decades, and in seven years it'll be a third.

Chance: 0%. I still have some hope for the orange bandicoot, but that relies mostly on leaks. If it turns out all of it was bunk, bogus or a hoax then I'm actually very unconfident in him, and depending on if CP#8 is at TGA's or not will change who I think it could be, or which of the remaining three are at E3. If all of those pass and he is not there he is not in. But today is not about Crash, it is about his sister Coco. That's why it's a 0, her personality is too different for an alt and her body shape is too different for an Echo Fighter, on a character who is nowhere near guaranteed. The latter case also has the same trapping as Xion, we're most likely not going to get any further Echoes. It's strange how the 7 from base game are the only ones, calling into question the point of them being marked separately to begin with, but that's the way the cookie crumbles. She's less likely to be an alt character than Fake Crash, simply because Fake has the same body type. But she IS guaranteed an Ace to Advanced Spirit, if nothing else, in his Challenger Pack.

Want: 40%. Again, like Xion, I am not rating this with Crash getting in but Coco on her own merits. And... nah, I don't need it. I'd rather Crash get costumes inspired by CTTR, Nitro-Fueled, or It's About Time. Biker Crash, Scuba Crash, Low-Poly Crash, Skeleton Crash... there's so much you can do there! I understand palette swaps are easier, but it would be a neat touch. That being said, I am not against Coco getting in at all. I'd be a bit disappointed that she eats 4 alt costume slots that could go to him, but if they'd just be palette swaps anyway then I wouldn't mind.

Red x 10. What do Falcom, Crash and Fortnite all have in common? All of them have been implicated in recent rumors! 34.70%, this is going to be a very controversial day. That, or Fortnite performs almost as bad as Bubsy did.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Assuming Crash Gets in (of course), then...

CHANCE:
ALT:
25%.
ECHO: 3%

I don't know why she would be the echo of choice, of all the DLC content that we get. If Enderman wasn't made to scale to be an echo, I don't see Coco being an echo. I think it takes a lot for a third party to get an echo, and I don't know why Crash would be so special.
The only reason I give alt such a high chance is because the series reworked the old games to include Coco as a character in Crash 2 (and I guess 1). But... given that their animations wouldn't fit each other, which is acknowledged in the remakes (as Coco doesn't ride Polar, or fight bosses- only Crash can), I don't think we would get either. But it may not be a big enough deal to matter, since getting both characters is only promoting the game more.

WANT:
ALT: 100%
ECHO: 1% Just to see it is possible.

I'll just join the train and cast my vote to rate the Unreleased content; however that would work. X 5

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Miriam x165
Red (Angry Birds) x150
[Rerate] The Knight x150
[Rerate] Maxwell x145
Cynthia (Pokémon) x145
Hajime Hinata x135
D.Va x115

150 - 101

Don-chan x110
Concept: Second F-Zero rep x109

100 - 51

[Rerate] Arle Nadja x100
Boss: Ender Dragon x98
Zero (Mega Man) x95
Mii Costume: Monika x95
Mii Costume: Alex Kidd x93
T-Rex Runner x90
Concept: The remaining SSB4 DLC Mii Costumes return (or get the deluxe treatment) x86
Riptor x85
Stage: Bowser's Castle x81
Concept: Darksiders rep x80
Sackboy x80
Boss: Rayquaza x80
Fulgore x79
Concept: More ATs as one new item x75
Dwight Fairfield (Dead by Daylight) x75
Concept: Rocket League rep x75
Carl Johnson x75
[Rerate] Concept: Boss Rush x70
Giygas x70
Crazy Dave x70
Vectorman x70
Worms x70
[Rerate] Monokuma x65
[Rerate] Concept: League of Legends rep x60
Echo (Olimar) x56
Concept: SNES-era Final Fantasy rep x55
Gooigi x55
Vi (Bug Fables) x55
Echo: Zeraora (Lucario) x55
[Rerate] Jin Kazama x55
Magolor x55
John Marston x55
Jin Sakai x55
Ghirahim x55

50 - 25

Qbby x50
Concept: A 4X strategy rep x40
[Rerate] Concept: New Zelda character x30
Echo (Bowser) x30
Tetra x25
Ryza (Atelier) x25
Concept: A Challenger Pack with 2 Fighters x25

Under 25

Yarn Yoshi x15
Billy & Jimmy Lee x15
[Rerate] Reimu Hakurei x15
Beat (Jet Set Radio) x15
Tetris x10
Slash Kamei (Snowboard Kids) x10
Estelle Bright x10
Mii Costume: 2B x10
Cooking Mama x10
Concept: Rocket League content x5
[Rerate] Thrall x5
Stage: Tetris x5
[Rerate] Agumon x5
[Rerate] Lara Croft x5
Stage: Tetris 99 x5
[Rerate] Concept: Any new Xenoblade character x5
Concept: Raizing shmup rep x5
Mii Costume: Zagreus x5

Cynthia passes Hajime Hinata and duels Maxwell for fourth place.

Concept: A Challenger Pack with 2 Fighters reaches 25 noms.

Today's new nominees are Cooking Mama (with 10 noms) and Mii Costumes for 2B (10 noms) and Zagreus (5 noms).

Top Bottom