• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
Non-video game costumes, let's see.
Chance: 1%
The one rule that Sakurai has stressed throughout Smash's many years is that he won't be adding content outside of games. Going from that alone, I think this wouldn't happen normally. The 1% here comes from characters that while having a non-game origin, are more than anything related to games. I think that'd be the only justification, though, Sakurai's been pretty straightforward with how he won't add non-game related things, and I'd imagine this still applies here.
Want: 0%
To be honest, I'd rather Smash stuck to video games, even with small things like these. I like it as it is with all the game content, sometimes referencing obscure games that wouldn't be too known otherwise.

Nominations: Zero (Mega Man) x5

SharkLord

Smash Hero
how is scrooge mcduck a grey are character?
He's got an NES game that's apparently considered a classic. Obviously, it's not to the point of Geralt and Wild Hunt where it overshadows his original media, but I think that would be enough to at least put him into consideration for a grey area.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
He's got an NES game that's apparently considered a classic. Obviously, it's not to the point of Geralt and Wild Hunt where it overshadows his original media, but I think that would be enough to at least put him into consideration for a grey area.
i dunno being a character best known for being in a cartoon being the uncle of one of the most famous cartoon characters uncle and having debuted in comics kinda overshadows any really popular games

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Batman costume anyone?

Chance: 0.02%

This score comes from two possible scenarios I could come up with:
  • Sora becomes playable, which means we could get a Mii costume for Goofy or Donald since they are an integral part of the gameplay alongside Sora (albeit there are moments where Sora is alone).
  • Geralt of Rivia gets a Mii costume because of the fact that The Witcher 3 has made a name out of itself. Heck, at first I didn't even realize The Witcher originated as a novel and I'm sure there are many people who are ignorant to that too.
But this is still a slippery slope. The one rule that Sakurai always reinforces is no 4th party content. I'm pretty sure there were a couple times where he worded it to include things outside of a playable character too. So I think that even a Mii costume for a 4th party character is very unlikely. But in the two scenarios that I brought up, I think they could be exceptions.

Want: 50%

Holy smokes Batman! I am conflicted about this. On one hand, I have entertained this idea. I would be open to characters like Geralt of Rivia, James Bond, and other characters that have influenced gaming getting a Mii costume. I would even be excited for characters like Popeye since the original Donkey Kong was supposed to be a Popeye game or Batman since the Arkham games are arguably some of the best comic book games ever and the first two games (Asylum and City) were very notable games for last gen. And I would be ok with a few Disney characters getting Mii costumes if Sora became playable. Keep in mind, I still don't want any of these characters to be playable, and I don't want just any 4th party character to have a Mii costume. For example, I would be more hesitant toward Marvel characters since they haven't made a big impact on gaming, in fact if anything, I see them as more like movie characters since The Avengers have been huge for the movie industry, but not for the game industry. That is the key difference between characters like Iron Man and Geralt.

But on the other hand, even including a 4th party Mii costume or heck even a 4th party spirit might very well open Pandora's Box. The Goku and Shrek fanboys were already bad, imagine how persistent they would be if someone like Iron Man or even James Bond got a Mii costume. It's a slippery slope and plus there are plenty of video game characters I would like to see receive a Mii costume before any 4th party characters.

Prediction: non-white/Asian character - 34% (I'm pulling this number out of my ***, I don't know where this is gonna go)

Noms: Arthur (Ghosts n Goblins) x35

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
guys, odds are mickey donald and goofy are probably separate licences try not to think itll happen just cause sora gets in

SharkLord

Smash Hero
guys, odds are mickey donald and goofy are probably separate licences try not to think itll happen just cause sora gets in
We're only considering the possibility, not saying it's likely. I'm the only guy who rated anything above 20%, because I'm just generous with my ratings, perhaps more than I should be. We don't need to be told.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I'm honestly not sure how I'd score the chance but I do know I'm all for it. Give me a superman Brawler, Wonder woman Sword Fighter, Batman Brawler, Greenlanter Gunner. Avengers would translate over well too. Maybe even some Hogwarts uniforms, they'd probably be Sword Fighters. The concept behind Miis was to add whoever you want to smash and I think it would be aok to get costumes like this.

Want 90%

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
Forbidden Fruit

Chance: Well i gotta give it a one since it................wait, what's this? NON-GAMING CONTENT?

CHANCE: 0%
NO.

Sakurai made it very clear. NO characters that don't come from video games. IF there's one things im sure isn't happening, it's this.

No Stages, no Music, no Spirits, no NOTHING from video games. Not now, not ever. Unless it's a Castlevania situation, but even that is rare.

I mean even with the whole "it would ruin the Essence of Smash" shtick, you also gotta realize that doing licensing with non-video game characters is always a crapshoot. Just look at the Crazy Castle series, or Tatsunoko VS's Capcom's many rejected characters, or Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite.

WANT: 0%

NO. I don't want non-gaming content in Smash. I already think the Third Party content in Smash is too much and derails from what SHOULD be a mostly Nintendo-focused game, but i agree that those characters are from gaming and for that reason alone, i can see an argument as to why they could be inlcuded in Smash. But Non-gaming characters?

No, i don't care if it's something as "insignificant" as a Mii Costume, a no is no.

Blehg.

BlueEyedGrimmbat

Smash Apprentice
"Aliens have landed in Smash World" (Concept: Non-game character Mii Costume)

Chance: 0.5%

It'd have to have a good presence in the gaming industry at least, since everything Smash is videogame-related. Even then, Sakurai said no, and I doubt he'd change his mind.

Abstain on Want. I have no idea what to think of this. Sure, Smash is supposed to be about the games, but I'm not going to be pissed off about a non-game character getting in as long as the games they have are big.

Prediction: Non-white/Asian character - 62% - They've done this several times before, nothing says they won't do it again.

Noms: Amiya x5

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Non-gaming origin Mii Costume

Chance - 5%
The first thing I'm keeping in mind here is that years ago I would have also considered the likes of Cloud impossible, and years later no one even bats an eye at literally anything from gaming.
The second consideration for me is that just like videogames permeate culture outside of games, other non-gaming properties also permeate into gaming culture to a significant degree. Things like Popeye inspiring Donkey Kong, Goldeneye being a massive hit, an E.T. videogame leading into an industry crash, several Disney games being pioneers in their time, etc.
Last is the reality that multiple gaming companies have had their hands in a variety of industries besides gaming, and none of these companies are foreign to the idea of cross-promotions. Remember when we had Mario Kart Mercedez Bens cars? It's something so out there I would have never imagined it, but it happened.
As far as mii costumes go, it would be the easiest way to acknowledge the impact of non-video game characters on video games without completely selling out the idea of smash, and as someone super into gaming history I think it would not be out of place. Spirits is something else I could see as an option much in the same way Splatoon presented the possibility of Transformers, Spongebob, McDonalds and Ninja Turtles events.
Lots of people think of Smash as a museum of gaming, and to be honest that museum isn't complete without acknowledging some of these non-gaming characters and properties.

In terms of how I could see it happening, others have mentioned that it would be awesome to see a mickey/donald mii costume to go along with Sora if he happens. Idc who owns the properties or any of that, just thinking of that conceptually it would be fitting.
A more cynical part of me would also not be surprised if they tossed in a Hatsune Miku mii costume, or something equally japanese that would be out of nowhere for tons of western players, but that I'm sure is a fairly popular request in Japan.

Want - 75%
I'm generally not a fan of these type of things in fighting games. Stuff like Spawn and Terminator in MK, or that dude from the walking dead in Tekken. Something about it is just off.
That said, I think there are characters that in the context of Smash would be huge while still being respectful. The likes of Mickey would be so huge and awesome without actually taking up a character spot. Can you imagine Mickey being in a fighting game with Mario? Or a Cuphead vs. Mickey fight? That would be amazing. Particularly as someone who grew up playing Mickey's Castle of Illusion and several other games starring Mickey.
My other thought is that we think of the Marvel VS Capcom series as this staple in gaming, and that is essentially half non-gaming characters. And no one cares, because it has led to extremely fun moments and cool concepts. If it's done well and respectfully, it could be super hype.
We've already crossed several barriers we never thought possible. "too big" Ridley is in, Cloud "playstation only" Strife is in, and we talk without sarcasm about indie games like touhou and undertale having characters in Smash while accepting megalovania is in Smash like it's nothing. As someone who seems to be eager to push the boundaries of what Smash can do, Sakurai would definitely consider this, and do so in respect of the great gaming legacy some of these characters have in the industry.

Goombaic

Smash Ace
"4th Party" Mii Costumes

Chance: 0.5%
There's no questioning this, Sakurai has already stated several times that as long as he's directing Smash, we're never seeing non-video game content in this series. While I do believe it's possible that non-video game content could come along with a character like Sora, the odds of that content coming as a mii costume rather than a stage cameo or spirit are extremely unlikely in my eyes.

Want: 100%
All of my yes. There's potential for so many amazing costumes. A Wolverine brawler mii alone would be one the most amazing additions to the costume line-up. Add in the possibility of characters like Darth Vader and Batman? There's so much good in this concept without really taking away from the actual fighters in the game, so sign me up for the one parallel universe where this happens.

Prediction (Non-White/Asian Character): 65%

Noms: 5x Yarn Yoshi

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Moogle x205
Klonoa x205
[Rerate] Prince of All Cosmos x190
[Rerate] Monster Hunter x185
Concept: Content from currently unreleased game (not Spirit Events) (as of May 17th 2020) x175
Echo: Xion (Sora) x153
Sakura Shinguji x152

200 - 151

Concept: Deltarune content x151

150 - 101

Alex Mason x150
[Rerate] Frisk x150
The Stretchers x135
Billy Hatcher x130
Concept: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon content x121
Zelda (BotW universe) x120
Amiya (Arknights) x120
D.Va x115
Red (Angry Birds) x115
Lu Bu (Dynasty Warriors) x115

100 - 51

Mii Costume: Alex Kidd x80
Concept: Darksiders rep x80
Sackboy x80
Riptor x80
Hades (Kid Icarus) x80
Fulgore x79
Concept: More ATs as one new item x75
Concept: Second F-Zero rep x74
Boss: Ender Dragon x73
[Rerate] Concept: Boss Rush x70
Concept: A Microsoft rep that isn't Steve or Master Chief x70
Jason Frudnick & SOPHIA x70
Neptune (Hyperdimension Neptunia) x70
Mii Costume: Jill Stingray x69
Concept: Rocket League rep x65
Giygas x60
Stage: Bowser's Castle x56
Concept: SNES-era Final Fantasy rep x55
Dwight Fairfield (Dead by Daylight) x55
Concept: Fortnite character x55
Gooigi x55
Vi (Bug Fables) x55
Echo (Olimar) x51

50 - 25

Echo: Zeraora (Lucario) x50
[Rerate] Jin Kazama x50
Magolor x50
John Marston x50
Jin Sakai x50
[Rerate] Monokuma x50
Ghirahim x50
Boss: Rayquaza x50
Zero (Mega Man) x50

Under 25

Moogle floats past 200 noms. Monster Hunter passes Concept: Content from currently unreleased game and takes third place. But then Klonoa gets noms from like 5 freaking people and shoots up to the top, blasting past 200 noms and tying with Moogle for number 1. Echo: Xion and Sakura Shinguji join the top seven, taking the places of Alex Mason and Frisk respectively.

Concept: Deltarune content gains over 150 noms. And just on Undertale's anniversary too!

Lu Bu cuts through the 100 nom mark.

In a stunning last-minute save, Zero goes from 25 noms all the way to 50 and is spared from the purge!

Speaking of, the time has come for the purge. It would appear that most characters being nominated already had threads, and you made them for the ones that didn't, so the bulk of purges are simply for the poor characters that never made it to 50 noms. Pour one out for them:

Proto Man x115
Echo: Dark Bowser (Bowser) x72
The Terrarian x65
Austin the Butler (Gardenscapes) x65
Dr. Goomba Tower x50
Echo: Lord Fredrik (King K. Rool) x50
The Bard (Wandersong) x50
Tetra x40
Concept: Returning stages x35
Yoshimitsu x35
[Rerate] Maxwell x35
Concept: Fighter Pass Volume 2 is half Nintendo and half third party x30
Urbosa x30
Concept: Assist Trophies added in updates x27
Rival Pokémon Trainer x25
Concept: Dark Souls rep x25
Lora and Jin x25
Cynthia x25
Black Shadow x20
Concept: Fighter Pass 2 gets delayed x20
Demi-fiend x20
Concept: Bravely Default rep x20
Chell x18
Zeraora x15
Wolf Link x15
Concept: FP2 character comes with an Echo Fighter x15
Tomoya Okazaki (Clannad) x15
[Rerate] Thrall x15
Taranza x11
Gran/Djeeta x10
Otto Matic x10
The Avatar (Ultima) x10
Medusa (Kid Icarus) x10
Concept: Rhythm Heaven rep x10
[Rerate] Chibi-Robo x10
Ezreal (League of Legends) x10
Ratchet & Clank x10
Hajime Hinata x10
Octoling x10
Mii Costume: Jacket x7
Concept: Darkstalkers rep x6
Sparky (Clash Royale) x5
Concept: Overwatch character x5
Asha (Wonder Boy) x5
Mii Costume: Hat Kid x5
Concept: Portal 2 rep x5
Breath of the Wild 2 Ganondorf x5
Tick (Brawl Stars) x5
King Graham x5
Cooking Mama x5
Jill (Drill Dozer) x5
Asuka (Senran Kagura) x5
Furret x5
Deku Scrub x5
Mii Costume: Edward Falcon x5
Concept: A LABO character x5
Concept: Bonus character x5
Concept: No AT promotions x5
[Rerate] Morrigan Aensland x5
[Rerate] Cadence x5
Kazuya Mishima x5
Excitebiker x5
Gil (Babylonian Castle Saga/The Tower of Druaga) x5
Young Wizard (Wizard101) x5
Concept: Tetris 99 stage x5
Concept: More individual stage DLC x5
Mii Costume: Gen 1 Pokémon x5
Don-chan x5
Concept: Rocket League content x5
Concept: Arc System Works rep x5
Concept: Killer Instinct rep x4
Concept: Generic Zora x3
Three Mage Sisters x2
Concept: A Pokémon Trainer who fights x2
Concept: A fighter who uses all kicks x2
[Rerate] Metal Sonic x2
Concept: Generic Goron x2
Kass x1

You've probably been wondering about calcs. Truth is college has been killing me with exams the past couple of weeks so I haven't had the time. But I give you my word that I'll get started on them this weekend. They should probably be done on Saturday, but if not then Sunday at the latest.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Apparently? My boy, DuckTales is pure mastahpiece, do yourself a favor and play it. Trust me on that one.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Moogle x205
Klonoa x205
Concept: Content from currently unreleased game (not Spirit Events) (as of May 17th 2020) x175
Sakura Shinguji x152

200 - 151

150 - 101

Alex Mason x150
[Rerate] Frisk x150
The Stretchers x135
Billy Hatcher x130
Amiya (Arknights) x120
D.Va x115
Red (Angry Birds) x115

100 - 51

Sackboy x80
Riptor x80
Hades (Kid Icarus) x80
Fulgore x79
Giygas x60
Gooigi x55
Vi (Bug Fables) x55
Echo (Olimar) x51

50 - 25

[Rerate] Jin Kazama x50
Magolor x50
John Marston x50
Jin Sakai x50
[Rerate] Monokuma x50
Ghirahim x50
Zero (Mega Man) x50

Under 25

Moogle floats past 200 noms. Monster Hunter passes Concept: Content from currently unreleased game and takes third place. But then Klonoa gets noms from like 5 freaking people and shoots up to the top, blasting past 200 noms and tying with Moogle for number 1. Echo: Xion and Sakura Shinguji join the top seven, taking the places of Alex Mason and Frisk respectively.

Concept: Deltarune content gains over 150 noms. And just on Undertale's anniversary too!

In a stunning last-minute save, Zero goes from 25 noms all the way to 50 and is spared from the purge!

Speaking of, the time has come for the purge. It would appear that most characters being nominated already had threads, and you made them for the ones that didn't, so the bulk of purges are simply for the poor characters that never made it to 50 noms. Pour one out for them:

Proto Man x115
The Terrarian x65
Dr. Goomba Tower x50
Tetra x40
Yoshimitsu x35
[Rerate] Maxwell x35
Urbosa x30
Lora and Jin x25
Cynthia x25
Black Shadow x20
Demi-fiend x20
Chell x18
Zeraora x15
Wolf Link x15
[Rerate] Thrall x15
Taranza x11
Gran/Djeeta x10
Otto Matic x10
The Avatar (Ultima) x10
Medusa (Kid Icarus) x10
[Rerate] Chibi-Robo x10
Ratchet & Clank x10
Hajime Hinata x10
Octoling x10
Sparky (Clash Royale) x5
Asha (Wonder Boy) x5
Tick (Brawl Stars) x5
King Graham x5
Cooking Mama x5
Jill (Drill Dozer) x5
Asuka (Senran Kagura) x5
Furret x5
Deku Scrub x5
[Rerate] Cadence x5
Kazuya Mishima x5
Excitebiker x5
Don-chan x5
Three Mage Sisters x2
[Rerate] Metal Sonic x2
Kass x1

You've probably been wondering about calcs. Truth is college has been killing me with exams the past couple of weeks so I haven't had the time. But I give you my word that I'll get started on them this weekend. They should probably be done on Saturday, but if not then Sunday at the latest.
Urrghh, that hadn't already happened? ****, that means that I blew all of my extra nominations only for that new concept to immediately be purged. Great. . .

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Urrghh, that hadn't already happened? ****, that means that I blew all of my extra nominations only for that new concept to immediately be purged. Great. . .
Since it was admittedly kinda confusing, I just assumed that you wouldn't have used your extra noms if you'd known, so I didn't count them, just the 10 noms for the day. It's a day's nominations wasted, but at least you keep the extras.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
We're only considering the possibility, not saying it's likely. I'm the only guy who rated anything above 20%, because I'm just generous with my ratings, perhaps more than I should be. We don't need to be told.
you think theres even an infinitely small chance nintendo would shell out a tone of money for some of the most iconic cartoon characters just to use them as a costume?

Moogle x205
Klonoa x205
Sakura Shinguji x152

200 - 151

150 - 101

Alex Mason x150
[Rerate] Frisk x150
The Stretchers x135
Billy Hatcher x130
Amiya (Arknights) x120
D.Va x115
Red (Angry Birds) x115

100 - 51

Sackboy x80
Riptor x80
Hades (Kid Icarus) x80
Fulgore x79
Giygas x60
Gooigi x55
Vi (Bug Fables) x55
Echo (Olimar) x51

50 - 25

[Rerate] Jin Kazama x50
Magolor x50
John Marston x50
Jin Sakai x50
[Rerate] Monokuma x50
Ghirahim x50
Zero (Mega Man) x50

Under 25

Proto Man x115
The Terrarian x65
Dr. Goomba Tower x50
Tetra x40
Yoshimitsu x35
[Rerate] Maxwell x35
Urbosa x30
Lora and Jin x25
Cynthia x25
Black Shadow x20
Demi-fiend x20
Chell x18
Zeraora x15
Wolf Link x15
[Rerate] Thrall x15
Taranza x11
Gran/Djeeta x10
Otto Matic x10
The Avatar (Ultima) x10
Medusa (Kid Icarus) x10
[Rerate] Chibi-Robo x10
Ratchet & Clank x10
Hajime Hinata x10
Octoling x10
Sparky (Clash Royale) x5
Asha (Wonder Boy) x5
Tick (Brawl Stars) x5
King Graham x5
Cooking Mama x5
Jill (Drill Dozer) x5
Asuka (Senran Kagura) x5
Furret x5
Deku Scrub x5
[Rerate] Cadence x5
Kazuya Mishima x5
Excitebiker x5
Don-chan x5
Three Mage Sisters x2
[Rerate] Metal Sonic x2
Kass x1

drat i thought i started on chibi after the purge

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Fourth party Mii costumes

Chance: 0%
Yeah, this isn't happening. Sakurai has made it VERY clear that ONLY video game characters are allowed in Smash. Even if it's just a Mii costume, that'd be opening a can of worms that should forever remain closed.

Abstain on want. I don't have any particular interest here.

Nominations: Billy Hatcher x5

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Apparently? My boy, DuckTales is pure mastahpiece, do yourself a favor and play it. Trust me on that one.
I'll keep it in mind. Apparently the Moon theme is pretty iconic, so there's that. Perhaps we should keep Eggman away from there, because, y'know...
you think theres even an infinitely small chance nintendo would shell out a tone of money for some of the most iconic cartoon characters just to use them as a costume?
I mean, yeah. Why do you think we're rating it in the first place?

Mr. MR

Smash Apprentice
Non-gaming Mii Costume

Chance: 6%

I can see this happening in a few ways. The first one is Disney allowing Sora and a Mickey Mouse Mii hat. Very unlikely considering how uptight Disney is with their IPs. Second, popular video game characters that originate outside of video games like Geralt of Rivia. This one I think has the best chance as the lines between video game character and non-video game character are blurred. For example, is Lu Bu from Dynasty Warriors a different character than the real life Lu Bu from the third century and are both of them different characters from the Romance of the Three Kingdoms novel Lu Bu. For this one, I wont count Dynasty Warriors as non-video game characters because I think they are different enough. Though with Geralt, I think the line is more blurred. Lastly (but not the only circumstance left as I wont spend all day thinking about all the possiblities), a LEGO Mii costume. Nintendo and LEGO are currently the closest they have been in years, especially for Mario's 35th. I think this one is unlikely as I don't believe LEGO has shown an interest in having their IP represented by third parties rather than them using third parties for their own use.

Want: 25%
I want a LEGO-man Mii costume. I think it would fit reasonably well. I'm fine of Geralt having a Mii costume. He's crossed over with many video games like Monster Hunter World and Soul Calibur 6. Though there is a part of me that doesn't like it because it blurs the line a bit to much. As for the Mickey Mouse Mii hat, I fall on the side of not wanting it because its too Disney.

Noms: Lu Bu x5

Last edited:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Alright, time to do my ratings.

Something something Goku joke

Chance and want: Abstain.

. . .Okay, this just honestly something that I have no idea how to rate. Non-video game character comprise a vast field of characters, simply put. However, it should be a given that the only ones that have a perceivable chance of being put in any way are those that have appeared in quite famous video game adaptations, or have a long history of video game adaptations. As such, the "frontrunners" for this would be, as others have already pointed out, characters like Geralt from the Witcher series, most of the characters from the Disney animated canon via Kingdom Hearts, Scrooge MacDuck for the Ducktales game, and, of course, Goku for the various Dragon Ball games, FighterZ and Kakarot being the most recent ones. And for any of these. . . that's honestly still extremely hard to say. A pretty good argument could be made in favour of their representation, but on the other hand, there's an elephant in the room: Sakurai's statement. As far as I remember, that statement was non-video game characters aren't eligible for playable character - with no clear word on any representation beyond that. Given how unclear that situation is, I'll not do any rating on chance.
As for want. . . eh. I can't really think of any characters that I'd want to have as Mii costumes, even if they were on the table. I mean, sure, having some based on Fullmetal Alchemist or Lord of the Rings would be nice, but I doubt that they'd go for those, even if they were on the table.

Predicting a Non-white/Asian character - to get around 50.01%.

Nominating Concept: A Bravely Default character x30 (I think that should account for all of my extra noms? Correct me if I'm wrong)

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Predict the partner direct stuff. Will only be a day long.

mine?
-Layton ports of the IOS games
-Bayo 3
-Monster Hunter
-0 smash info

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Non-Gaming Mii costume

Chance - 0.5% - There are a few edge cases that could hypothetically happen, like Geralt. That said, overall most cases are unlikely, and Sakurai has basically never taken such suggestions very seriously and has occasionally joked about it. I don't see why he would change it now of all times.

Want - 35% - This is a Pandora's box I'm not willing to open. It basically means anyone can get in at that point, and I'd at least like Smash to focus on Games.

Nominations

Monster Hunter X5

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Good thing I already made a list on the Newcomer thread!

Alright, I won't be able to watch it live, so here are my predictions for the Partner Showcase:

*Whatever the Monster Hunter game is
*Bravely Default 2 update
*Klonoa Encore (too much smoke for there to NOT be a fire)
*Possibly a Rune Factory 5 update
*Possibly a Bayonetta 3 update
*Wild Card: Yo-kai Watch 4 English release
*No Smash because why would Smash be here of all places?
If we're doing noms, then Billy Hatcher x5.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Nintendo Partner Direct predictions

• Doom Eternal release date
  • New Monster Hunter game
  • some shovelware-tier games
  • One new surprise announcement. I'm gonna go on a limb and say that Ace Attorney 7 will be announced.
  • No Smash news
If we are doing noms, Arthur x5

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I only predict two things.

Monster Hunter news.

Bayonetta 3 news.

The rest is too up in the air to tell.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
My predictions:
  • Monster Hunter Switch
  • Probably Bayonetta 3
  • Hopefully (But probably not) Klonoa Encore
The last one is mostly wishful thinking on my behalf, but I can dream, **** it!

This should be obvious, I nominate Klonoa x5.

Last edited:

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
I don't know what to really expect proper. If anything, I've got a hunch there could be:
  • Capcom content (Probably Monster Hunter, but man I'd love something Mega Man or Ace Attorney)
  • Square Enix content
  • Probably no Smash since it's a partner.
And that's about it.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
So we're doing this, huh? Well, I'm not one to be left out, so I predict:

• Monster Hunter announcement (this one's a freebie)
• DLC for a game I don't own
• a game from a small and forgotten Western franchise
•an update (with no footage) for either Bravely Default II or Bayonetta 3
•at least one licensed game and one Chinese-developed game

Noms go to Jason and SOPHIA

amageish

Smash Master
Ooo, predictions! Time to be wrong about things.

Things I feel at least kind of confidant about:
  • Monster Hunter... as we all agree...
  • Bravely Default 2 is seemingly not at TGS and has to be delayed dated for its 2020 release somewhere, so I'm guessing here

Things that could happen here I guess:
  • Maybe Bayonetta 3, as the Direct announcement was retweeted
  • Doom Eternal has to be delayed dated for its 2020 Switch release somewhere
  • Mass Effect Trilogy was leaked from some retailer recently I believe, so maybe that in the English-language direct at least
  • No More Heroes 1 and a Ninja Gaiden collection have been rated for Switch, so could be here
  • Danganronpa has "more announcements" for its 10th anniversary and is seemingly not at TGS, so maybe announce Switch ports here

Noms: Jill Stingray Mii Costume x 5
Predictions: This partner showcase will do at least slightly better in terms of like-to-dislike ratio then the previous ones, but it'll still get a lot of dislikes just out of habit at this point.

Top Bottom