• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

D

Deleted member

Min Min Satisfaction - 65%

Honestly, the trailer looked fantastic and was a step up from Byleth's. Even though the first part did kinda give away it was going to be Min Min, I audibly went "oh no" when I saw Springman reach out for it. I was never excited for the concept of AT promotions, so I'm kinda glad it wasn't him. Even though I also don't care so much about Spirits becoming Fighters too, I guess you can't go wrong with Min Min. It's just a damn shame it wasn't Lola Pop thoe. I would've loved to see a clown in Smash.

I haven't gotten around to seeing what Min Min looks like in action, so I'll tune to that whenever I can. However, it doesn't look like the spirit board included every ARMS character, so I'm pretty miffed about that.

Mii Costumes:

-don't really care about the 1st Party costumes since they weren't that interesting of choices
-RIP those that wanted Heihachi, but I'm a bit intrigued if this would also end up ruling out another Bandai-Namco character making it to Vol 2. Even though Gil and Lloyd aren't present, it also doesn't guarantee they'll come with a Bandai-Namco rep.
-Well, I did have a Bethesda Mii Costume predicted for today; it just wasn't the character I thought it'd be, especially when the only Fallout related game on the Switch that I know of is Shelter. That took me off guard.

-No new Mii Swordfighter costumes is going to make me believe the next character will include a good chunk of them.

Other stuff:
-The spirits stuff is alright, but it was pretty funny to watch Sakurai show us the spirit team cheesing all those really hard battles.
-Joker's Amiibo looks sick, and I'm certainly anticipating Hero's Amiibo to see how insane the AI is.

-It is unfortunate Sakurai said they weren't going to make new Amiibos for the updated versions of Smash characters. I guess we'll just have to live with that.
-I'm actually really glad Sakurai mentioned wanting to make exciting characters AND reveal trailers because it would be pretty lame if they went back to doing in game 1s instead of what they're doing now

Overall, I'm okay with what I saw, but man am I gonna be pretty bored of people talking about what Spirit promotions are happening next real fast.

Noms:
Lu Bu x5

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
it seems the chosen one from Namco will be someone from Tales of, or perhaps..
There's still the Gil costume, so it and Lloyd could easily come in a pair, especially in a themed pack.
Best case scenario, they come with The Prince of All Cosmos

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I'm finally here!!

And spirits don't deconfirm!!!! Yeppeee!!!

Satisfaction level: 95%

I love almost everything about this presentation. Sakurai was so chill and it was nice seeing his house and seeing all the consoles he has. The fact that he has all the current gen consoles is great and makes me more confident in him being behind the biggest crossover in gaming. Also is anyone talking about the fact that Sakurai himself said that the Pauline fight was brutal?

I wanted Spring Man but you know what, Min Min is so cool. I think I gave her a 70% want score because of her design and her dragon arm which they used in a cool and unique way! She looks so much fun and it will be interesting to see competitive gameplay with her. Prepare for the salt.

I love the reveal trailer. The reason that Min Min fought for the invitation is to get back at Captain Falcon for his bad table manners? Hilarious! The animation was nice.

The stage is so cool and I love the jumping gimmick. This is going to be so much fun in 8 player battles. And I'm glad we got 18 music tracks! It barely managed to surpass my expectations which is sweet.

The Mii costumes were interesting. R.I.P Heihachi and Vault Boy??!! That was a nice surpise. He looks great. To think we got games like Undertale, Assassin's Creed, Fallout and Tekken in Smash. Man what a crossover. I just wished Either Heihachi or Vault Boy got a music track.

Overall, I love this presentation. Min Min was one of my most wanted ARMS characters and I can't wait to play as her. Only one week! And she kills the spirit deconfirms fan rule. Now Shantae, Dixie Kong, Bandana Dee, and Rayman and others are all officially back on the table!

If this seemed rushed that's because it is because I'm so excited and I wanted to get my input out ASAP! Because I'm hyped!

Noms: Ezio x5

Proceleon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Proceleon
3DS FC
2423-2553-2839
Switch FC
SW-6226-7752-8603
Where's the lie? Show me the quote where Sakurai says that once a character's png gets added to the game, their chances of becoming playable drop to 0% forevermore
There was never a quote that direct, but it was there, and now it's a lie. I know that Sakurai can and will lie now and it's not good.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Min Min

Satisfaction - 80%. I was mostly apathetic to the ARMS rep options, with Min Min as one of the few characters i cared about, so it's nice to see her. It's also nice to have definitive, 100% proof that spirit upgrades are an option. As for her moveset... maybe sakurai just explained it weird, but she seems really complex and weird. I don't know if I'll play her much, I'm not very good at the complicated characters. Also, being selfish here, I didn't really like Heihachi and I'm glad it looks like he won't be in (sorry to his fans though).

Noms: PMD x5

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
There was never a quote that direct, but it was there, and now it's a lie. I know that Sakurai can and will lie now and it's not good.
You are derailing the thread and need to calm down. This is your final warning.

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
Min Min
Satisfaction: 87%

I didn't expect it, but I'm genuinely impressed! I wasn't “hyped,” for ARMS, I didn't play the game, and didn't think I'd care too much for the character, but I was happy to see Nintendo actively wanting to put more of their own franchises on display in Smash.

When he started showing off how Min Min would play, I was shocked... I liked it. A lot. What he chose to do with her is like, she translates as much of her debut game's mechanics into Smash as possible in a fun and creative way without introducing anything I'd call too gimmicky. She's a really solid pick with really solid mechanics that feels genuinely new to Smash.

I actually don't like the idea of “a martial artist but with long range,” on paper... but seeing her in action won me over. The 3 different ARMS are cool, I like how they're balanced, and switching between them based on the situation looks like a fun way to mix up your playstyle. I'm probably just gonna end up spamming Ramram because it gives me Yo-yo Kirby vibes and that's one of my favorite abilities. I love that she is another fighter with the pressure-sensitive A-presses and that's a great workaround to have the A-button punch and kick.

Technically I wouldn't say she's "perfect," only in the sense that she isn't really a dream character of mine. I've never wanted her, never had a history with this franchise, but she looks really fun to play and is a fitting rep for ARMS in Smash; I can really see why she's the fan-favorite. Also, it's probably gonna be hard to pry me away from Belmonts; I'm used to how they feel, and while Min Min has more versatility, she looks waaay harder to master. It's not really fair to expect any of the remaining DLC to be my dream picks or overtake my mains, so I still gotta admit she's a solid pick. Overall, she's a solid Smash newcomer and I really hope the rest manage to be just as good.
The Vault Boy Mii costume was also one of the best choices for a Mii costume.

EDIT: I FORGOT TO MENTION HOW MUCH I LOVED THIS TRAILER AAAAAAAAAH THIS ONE HAD SOME OF THE BEST MOMENTS AND THE BEST ARTSTYLE

Last edited:

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fccgHnBQ0YM
At 8:00. "A way to enjoy characters other than Fighters from a variety of video game worlds."
That doesn't sound like "spirits are characters that can never be added in as fighters ever" to me. You're reaching further than any ARMS character, just accept you don't like the DLC pick and move on, Sakurai doesn't owe you anything.

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Btw, should we consider Heihachi dead?
I think so. I do think post-base game costumes do deconfirm characters. Though since the spirit rule has been broken, maybe we should be cautious about other rules. But if Heihachi was chosen as a DLC character, then he definitely would not have gotten a Mii costume. Maybe If by some miracle we get more DLC he could still be on the table.

amageish

Smash Master
I'd assume so. The final characters have been decided and he's released as a costume now? Not a good look.

I assume someone could nominate him to rate if they felt like though? I honestly don't know the rules surrounding how pragmatically possible a character needs to be rated.

Edit: ninja'd

Last edited:

Proceleon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Proceleon
3DS FC
2423-2553-2839
Switch FC
SW-6226-7752-8603
That doesn't sound like "spirits are characters that can never be added in as fighters ever" to me. You're reaching further than any ARMS character, just accept you don't like the DLC pick and move on, Sakurai doesn't owe you anything.
I have literally said I don't mind Min Min. It's the ethics I have a problem with.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
Min Min
Satisfaction: 100%

For the very short time I tried out ARMS, I really enjoyed it. I started with Max Brass and Dr. Coyle, but I ultimately stuck with Min Min as my temporary main (until my trial ran out). Min Min felt like the best choice for an ARMS pick due to her popularity and uniqueness, and after watching the direct, she did not disappoint. Getting every track for each stage was also amazing, and I'm glad there's no big ones missing this time (*cough cough Life Will Change, Click Clock Wood, etc. cough cough*)

Stage looks interesting, no characters were really massacred this time for Mii costumes, Vault Boy was a strange pick, but I'm cool with it. Overall I'm really happy with what we got after the disappointment that was Byleth. Hopefully next fighter is even better. (Crash and Toxtricity would be amazing)

Also I'm glad spirits are finally confirmed to not deconfirm. Now Bandana Dee has a fighting chance again :)

Heavy x5

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Just put the troll on ignore, guys.

Satisfaction: 100%
Min Min is one of my top three favorites of the ARMS characters alongside Spring Man and Lola Pop, so seeing her here is a treat. Poor Spring Man though. Here's hoping he can join the fight in a future game, and maybe have a 2v2 team battle: Spring Man and Chrom vs Min Min and Robin. :p

Honestly the only truly disappointing thing is I have to wait a week to play her.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Probably. As others have said, he wouldn'tve gotten a Mii if he was going to be a fighter. The most likely scenario is Lloyd's Mii costume will get promoted. I'd prefer Klonoa, but Lloyd's moveset potential sounds like it'd fit my aggressive playstyle like a glove, so that softens the blow considerably.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I wanted to drop by and give my two cents earlier, but college was college and lack of sleep was lack of sleep. I'm here now tho, and there's a lot to unpack.

Min Min herself, imma give a 95% satisfaction. Great choice, moveset's dope, looks amazing, couldn't be happier. Docked 5% because of too many kicks and the uninspired Final Smash.

Presentation overall gets 85%. The trailer was gorgeous but it ****ing sucked to see Spring Man get dunked on, they really should know better at this point and it soured an otherwise cool reveal. Aside from that the presentation was milquetoast, but Sakurai makes up a lot of goodwill. Him awkwardly showing off his living room, him hiding two amiibos behind a plant with a look of sheer childlike glee, him looking at Joker like it's his firstborn, we need more of that man. Spring Stadium is such an odd choice when Min Min's the character, I guess they wanted Springy stuff because ARMS?

RIP Heihachi, you shall be missed, also Vault Boy who shan't.

Now, how were my predictions?

ARMS predictions

I'ma go with Spring Man, recent developments have made me more confident in his inclusion. He'll have, at the very least, Ribbon Girl as an alt.

The trailer won't be a Terry-style thing like everyone is expecting.

The stage won't be Ramen Bowl, even if the character is Min Min. My bet is on Ribbon Ring or Sky Arena.

We'll get two ARMS Mii Costumes. If Min Min isn't the character, she'll be one. The other will be either Twintelle, Max Brass, or Lola Pop. We'll get one new Mii Costume, one returning, and a premium for Hollow Knight.

Finally, I predict that Smashboards will go to war over this character and the implications, and yet people will still call them predictable and unexciting.
...I got every single thing wrong. Even the Mii Costume was the one guy I didn't predict! I suck at this.

I'll do noms later and also a breakdown of the scores of those confirmed/disconfirmed (though kudos and thanks to Ridrool64 Ridrool64 waddledeeonredyoshi waddledeeonredyoshi and DaUsername DaUsername all of whom did parts, sorry for not showing up earlier), but for now, just a few quick responses.

Troykv Troykv Hey, good to see you around again!

I'd assume so. The final characters have been decided and he's released as a costume now? Not a good look.

I assume someone could nominate him to rate if they felt like though? I honestly don't know the rules surrounding how pragmatically possible a character needs to be rated.

Edit: ninja'd
At this point it's very much carte blanche as far as nominations go, as long as it's a videogame character and not a joke nom we'll take it.
0%
Actually a waste of everyone's time, including the devs. Min Min was lucky to even have a Spirit, but to just U-turn on it because of corporate? No dignity, no respect for the product, no integrity. Does Sakurai not respect his own game so much he'd kneel to a shill pick yet again? You built that Spirit for a reason, sir, and you'd do well to not repeat that mistake again.

She do be lookin' kinda OP tho.
Nobody has ever had the respect for Spirits that you have, and that's including Sakurai. Spirits are such an easy and thoughtless addition that they accidentally got a fan sprite of Masked Man.
At least we know Lucas and Mewtwo were added back for the fans. This one? No way. No amount of "they didn't plan" will justify back-peddling. It's scummy they had to go back on a design decision they made at launch just for the sake of some DLC, and yes, that statement does go for Lucas and Mewtwo as well.

You say that like wanting to preserve a product's integrity is a bad thing. Sakurai should stay true to what he made and what he made was a Spirit.
**** you're right, if ARMS and Min Min in particular had tons of fans though, then it wouldn't be wrong, right?
If you're gunning for a Spirit, good for you, I'd have some picks for that timeline too, but this U-turn is just not a respectable move on anyone's part.
Actually it is, on everyone's part but yours.

Noms ****ing Tidus x5
Boss man prediction: 2.83%
Decidueye prediction: 6.66%

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 You said the stage wouldn't be Ramen Bowl. And you were right.

Sure it's slight cherrypicking, but you didn't entirely get it all wrong~

While I can see a costume returning even if a character is DLC, it'd return later on most likely. IMO, I think he's dead for Pass 2. If he did become playable, they might resell the Mii costume. There's no way to know if all will come back or not.

amageish

Smash Master
The trailer was gorgeous but it ****ing sucked to see Spring Man get dunked on, they really should know better at this point and it soured an otherwise cool reveal.
I love the visuals of both Terry's and Min Min's trailers, but the envelope-fight becoming a pattern low-key terrifies me. Like, imagine if they did this with a company/franchise that Smash fans have more of a consistently-active investment in getting characters from? Like, a trailer with a bunch of popular Square Enix characters fighting that ends with a singular one getting the envelope. I think I would have to turn off my internet, as the salt online would be so intense I'd be worried it'd physically manifest and come bursting out of my router.

At this point it's very much carte blanche as far as nominations go, as long as it's a videogame character and not a joke nom we'll take it.
Oh, cool! Good to know. I

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I love the visuals of both Terry's and Min Min's trailers, but the envelope-fight becoming a pattern low-key terrifies me. Like, imagine if they did this with a company/franchise that Smash fans have more of a consistently-active investment in getting characters from? Like, a trailer with a bunch of popular Square Enix characters fighting that ends with a singular one getting the envelope. I think I would have to turn off my internet, as the salt online would be so intense I'd be worried it'd physically manifest and someone come bursting out of my router.

Oh, cool! Good to know. I
Agreed. The struggle for the envelope felt rushed and short. Terry's reveal worked because A: SNK was a smaller franchise, so it wouldn't cause too much uproar, and B: Everyone had a scene to themselves. Here it's just Spring Man->Ribbon Girl->Ninjara->Everyone else, in short order. There, it kinda loses it's impact.
That being said, ARMS and SNK's various works are both fighting games, so it would be harder to pin down the exact "main character." For something more plot-driven like Xenoblade, we'd know who it would be immediately, and Sakurai says he doesn't go for shock value because it wears off quickly. I'd be a bit more nervous for a longer-running series like Final Fantasy or Tales, but Sakurai has gone on record calling Lloyd the Tales of character, if it ever gets one, so at least for the latter it would be harder to pull the bait-out sequence.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I feel you GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 . As soon as they showed Spring Man I was like: "It's not him. It would be too easy to guess." Then Ribbon Girl punched him and it's like "Here we go again..." Ninjara also got absolutely obliterated. I do really enjoy the trailer though. I was not expecting the Captain Falcon part. It's weird seeing him in some kind of advertisement as outside of Smash and Mario Kart he is basically nonexistent to Nintendo.

Last edited:

Ninjaed

Smash Journeyman
I don't think you should be afraid of the "fight for the enveloppe" becoming a regular thing. Unless we're talking about a fighting game rep. We've only gotten 2 such reveal trailers, and both were featuring fighting game reps as DLC. For instance, Byleth came after Terry and there was no sign of this. It's in the spirit of fighting games to battle it out to determine who's the best. But if we're getting Lloyd (since he's been mentioned), I don't think for a second that we'd see Lloyd, Yuri, Velvet, etc fight to the "death" to get their hands on the invitation.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
85% satisfaction

Min Min was my best case scenario for an arms characters and on top of that what an amazing trailer!

Her move set looks really fun as well.

The only real reason she’s not really a full 100% is because I have no attachment to arms. So as much as love her design, move set, and reveal, she still not as impactful as a character I’m actually attached to, (like BWD and Rex).

Still though, for character I don’t have much attachment to, she is excellent.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
40% Satisfaction
Definitely my most salty newcomer since Corrin.

The good:
No alts. I actually HATE alts, even though I predicted Spring Man with Ribbon Girl, Ninjara, and Min Min alts. Predictions ≠ wishes.
Min Min's moveset is definitely her, so this gives other ARMS characters a chance to be unique in the future.
I STILL want Hero broken into 4 unique movesets as well as Alph as a proper Echo with Rock Pikmin and The Koopalings with their unique fighting styles not tethered to the Clown Kart.

The bad: Heihachi, one of my top 5, is officially dead. Though Geno has survived one more slaughter. But not only did I want Spring Man because he's my favorite (I'm basic. I always pick default all-rounder characters.), but also because he would have freed the Assist Trophies. I really wanted Shovel Knight and Waluigi, but their chances took a giant hit today. Though the "rules" are still made to be broken, so maybe another time.

The ugly: I have mild OCD. Literally. I take medicine for it. And the fact that we got the equivalent of Luigi before Mario irks me.
This was a secondary reason I wanted Heihachi, as Terry seemed out of place without Heihachi, who is a much bigger Fighting Game name.

Overall disappointed, but Smash doesn't revolve around me. So enjoy Min Min. I'll still get some casual play out of her just like every other character, but I expect her to be in my bottom quarter of characters.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
So, for today's round of confirmed/disconfirmed, we got:

Confirmed

Min Min
54.16% Chance - 73.26% Want
It looks like you were unequivocally right! And you got your overall most wanted contender while we're at it. A good day for the RTC thread, this was.

Upgraded Spirit (120 noms)
With the addition of Min Min, any doubters that Spirits can be promoted will have to accept the fact that they can. Naturally, this only increases characters' chances if you thought Spirits were out of play, in which case, welcome to a bigger world of speculation!

Hard disconfirmed

Spring Man (in Final Smash)
9.92% Chance - 54.23% Want (first rating)
49.76% Chance - 62.54% Want (second rating)

Ribbon Girl (in Final Smash)
43.91% Chance - 57.15% Want

Ninjara (in Final Smash and Mii Costume)
30.33% Chance - 53.68% Want

Master Mummy (in Final Smash and DLC Spirit)
4.10% Chance - 31.88% Want

Mechanica (in Final Smash and DLC Spirit)
7.43% Chance - 39.71% Want

Twintelle (in Final Smash)
25.68% Chance - 48.94% Want

ARMS rep has different characters as alts
33.71% Chance - 38.79% Want

No Spirit promotions
15 noms

Soft disconfirmed

Heihachi Mishima (Mii Costume)
7.82% Chance - 24.82% Want (first rating)
42.94% Chance - 56.40% Want (second rating)
37.58% Chance - 53.60% Want (third rating)

Vault Boy (Mii Costume)
1.82% Chance - 20.40% Want

Byte & Barq (DLC Spirit)
1.42% Chance - 44.50% Want

Kid Cobra (DLC Spirit)
4.64% Chance - 42.58% Want

Helix (DLC Spirit)
14.98% Chance - 51.00% Want

Max Brass (DLC Spirit)
31.39% Chance - 54.44% Want

Callie and Marie (Mii Costumes)

Other interesting situations

Assist Trophy becomes playable (53.64% Chance - 74.72% Want)
This contentious topic, however, hasn't been put to bed yet. Those who think they're in play will point to Spring Man's snub being attributed to factors completely removed from his AT status, while those who don't will appeal to the inconclusive nature of his exclusion to argue that nothing's changed and the status quo is disconfirmation - or alternatively, that the reasons given for Spring Man's omission are malarkey and that it was, in fact, his Assist Trophy that killed him. As much of a staunch supporter of ATs as I was, this was the last straw for me and I now believe they can't be playable, but it's an open discussion and one we'll certainly be having for a while.

A character who isn't the star of their own game (54.25% Chance - 86.50% Want)
Personally, I see "everyone's a protagonist" as a cop-out and this concept as very much confirmed. However, if we take Sakurai, Yabuki, and Nintendo at their words, Min Min is a protagonist of ARMS. Still, this will undoubtedly spur a different avenue of discussion for characters that could be considered creator's favorites or potential suggestions to the Smash team, along with games where the role of protagonist is more blurred. I want to know what everyone thinks: is Min Min the star of ARMS?

Misango (4.40% - 27.95%), Dr. Coyle (19.37% - 54.61%), Lola Pop (4.82% - 50.71%) and Springtron (9.74% - 19.95%)
AKA the DLC ARMS fighters. None of them are making it in, not as Spirits, not as Miis, not even as part of the "everyone in the roster punches" Final Smash. This is especially notorious with Dr. Coyle, who's a pretty big part of ARMS. Of course, it's unlikely that we get a second ARMS character in the Pass. But what does this mean for these characters in the future? And will Spring Man fans rally to Springtron now that their favorite's been Chromed?

Brand new ARMS character (4.67% Chance - 6.48% Want)
Obviously this didn't happen, and no mention of an ARMS 2.

Mii Costumes
This hasn't been a topic with much discussion, as all the Mii Costumes have been characters with Spirits. However, with the fact that Spirits can be promoted, will there start to be a distinction made between Mii Costumes and other Spirits?

Bethesda characters
The interview regarding Doomguy, and now a Vault Boy Mii. Bethesda got their foot in the door, but does this help or hurt their chances at getting a fighter?

The remaining missing Mii Costumes
After not showing up in base game or Pass 1, even though Bandai Namco has been developing this game from day one, Heihachi's costume showed up just now. This is bound to strike fear into the hearts of the supporters of the remaining characters (Geno, Chocobo, Lloyd, Gil, and Monster Hunter), who might have thought they were in the clear. Some things to note: those are six costumes (as there's two Monster Hunter costumes missing) but five characters, so we could theoretically get one for each of the remaining FP characters. Also, the ownership - they're two Capcom costumes, two Bandai Namco, and two Square Enix. Could this mean we're getting characters from those companies? We thought that last year, and ended up empty-handed. And one last thing is that Heihachi did end up coming with a fighting game character, which is what we expected. Given the prevalence of RPG characters in DLC, will Lloyd, Geno, or Chocobo follow suit?

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Now, nominations. I took out the characters on the fixed schedule, and also the two concepts relating to Spirit promotions as they're confirmed and disconfirmed, respectively. The list took quite the shakeup as a result, but given we're, what, over a month away from the end of the schedule, who knows how it'll look by then.

The Stretchers x120
Concept: A person of color x120
D.Va x110
Moogle x105
Tidus x105
Nate Adams x100
Zelda (BotW sequel) x100

100 - 51

Alex Mason x95
Concept: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon content x91
Concept: Darksiders rep x80
Sackboy x80
[Rerate] Frisk x80
Proto Man x75
Red (Angry Birds) x75
Shuichi Saihara x75
Fulgore x74
Lu Bu (Dynasty Warriors) x65
Boss: Ender Dragon x61

50 - 25

Dwight Fairfield (Dead by Daylight) x50
Mii Costume: Jill Stingray x50
Concept: SNES-era Final Fantasy rep x50
Echo: Xion (Sora) x48
Echo: Zeraora (Lucario) x45
Concept: Content from currently unreleased game (not Spirit Events) (as of May 17th 2020) x45
The Terrarian x45
[Rerate] Ezio x45
Echo: Dark Bowser (Bowser) x44
Sakura Shinguji x42
Stage: Bowser's Castle x38
Echo: Lord Fredrik (King K. Rool) x37
Gooigi x37
Concept: More ATs as one new item x35
Concept: Second F-Zero rep x34
Urbosa x30
Giygas x30
Austin the Butler (Gardenscapes) x30
Concept: Assist Trophies added in updates x27
Rival Pokémon Trainer x25
Concept: Dark Souls rep x25

Under 25

Concept: Returning stages x21
Jin Sakai x20
Billy Hatcher x20
Zeraora x15
Black Shadow x15
Wolf Link x15
Concept: Fighter Pass Volume 2 is half Nintendo and half third party x15
Concept: FP2 character comes with an Echo Fighter x15
Boss: Rayquaza x11
[Rerate] Jin Kazama x10
[Rerate] Monokuma x10
Gran/Djeeta x10
Lora and Jin x10
Otto Matic x10
The Avatar (Ultima) x10
Neptune (Hyperdimension Neptunia) x10
Concept: Bravely Default rep x10
Concept: Rocket League rep x10
Chell x8
Magolor x7
Taranza x6
Concept: Darkstalkers rep x6
Sparky (Clash Royale) x5
Concept: Overwatch character x5
Asha (Wonder Boy) x5
Mii Costume: Hat Kid x5
Concept: Portal 2 rep x5
Breath of the Wild 2 Ganondorf x5
Tick (Brawl Stars) x5
King Graham x5
Concept: Fortnite character x5
Cooking Mama x5
Jill (Drill Dozer) x5
Asuka (Senran Kagura) x5
Furret x5
Deku Scrub x5
Mii Costume: Edward Falcon x5
Concept: A LABO character x5
Cynthia x5
Concept: Bonus character x5
John Marston x5
Concept: No AT promotions x5
[Rerate] Morrigan Aensland x5
[Rerate] Cadence x5
Mii Costume: Alex Kidd x5
Klonoa x5
Riptor x5
Concept: Deltarune content x5
The Bard (Wandersong) x5
Concept
: Generic Zora x3
Three Mage Sisters x2
Concept: A Pokémon Trainer who fights x2
Concept: A fighter who uses all kicks x2
[Rerate] Metal Sonic x2
Concept: Generic Goron x2
Mii Costume: Jacket x2
Echo (Olimar) x1

The new top seven consists of The Stretchers, Concept: A person of color, D.Va, Moogle, Tidus, Nate Adams, and Zelda. My monkey's paw dictates that every time I get a character into the top seven, they're either second to last or just after a fixed schedule, so this is par for the course.

Challengers approaching! We have Klonoa, Riptor, The Bard, Mii Costume: Alex Kidd, and Concept: Deltarune content, each with 5 noms!

Now, a lot of you gave nominations to characters that ended up on the fixed schedule. I figure it's only fair that you get the chance to change them, so waddledeeonredyoshi waddledeeonredyoshi DaUsername DaUsername Sari Sari RouffWestie RouffWestie SKX31 SKX31 please tell me who you'd like to give those noms to instead.

Likewise, jamesster445 jamesster445 RouffWestie RouffWestie and RealPokeFan11 RealPokeFan11 are giving noms for today (the satisfaction day) to characters on the fixed schedule, so I advise changing those. Just an edit to your original post is fine.

And I'm not seeing many of you giving noms, so take this as a reminder that you can!

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Now, nominations. I took out the characters on the fixed schedule, and also the two concepts relating to Spirit promotions as they're confirmed and disconfirmed, respectively. The list took quite the shakeup as a result, but given we're, what, over a month away from the end of the schedule, who knows how it'll look by then.

The new top seven consists of The Stretchers, Concept: A person of color, D.Va, Moogle, Nate Adams, Tidus, and a tie between Zelda and Alex Mason. My monkey's paw dictates that every time I get a character into the top seven, they're either second to last or just after a fixed schedule, so this is par for the course.

Challengers approaching! We have Klonoa, Riptor, and Mii Costume: Alex Kidd, each with 5 noms!

Now, a lot of you gave nominations to characters that ended up on the fixed schedule. I figure it's only fair that you get the chance to change them, so waddledeeonredyoshi waddledeeonredyoshi DaUsername DaUsername Sari Sari RouffWestie RouffWestie SKX31 SKX31 please tell me who you'd like to give those noms to instead.

Likewise, jamesster445 jamesster445 RouffWestie RouffWestie and RealPokeFan11 RealPokeFan11 are giving noms for today (the satisfaction day) to characters on the fixed schedule, so I advise changing those. Just an edit to your original post is fine.

And I'm not seeing many of you giving noms, so take this as a reminder that you can!
Um, not to sound picky, but where are the noms?

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152

The Stretchers x120
Concept: A person of color x120
D.Va x110
Moogle x105
Nate Adams x100
Tidus x100
Zelda (BotW sequel) x95
Alex Mason x95

100 - 51

Concept: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon content x91
Concept: Darksiders rep x80
Sackboy x80
[Rerate] Frisk x80
Proto Man x75
Red (Angry Birds) x75
Shuichi Saihara x75
Fulgore x74
Lu Bu (Dynasty Warriors) x65
Boss: Ender Dragon x61

50 - 25

Dwight Fairfield (Dead by Daylight) x50
Mii Costume: Jill Stingray x50
Concept: SNES-era Final Fantasy rep x50
Echo: Xion (Sora) x48
Echo: Zeraora (Lucario) x45
Concept: Content from currently unreleased game (not Spirit Events) (as of May 17th 2020) x45
The Terrarian x45
[Rerate] Ezio x45
Echo: Dark Bowser (Bowser) x44
Sakura Shinguji x42
Stage: Bowser's Castle x38
Echo: Lord Fredrik (King K. Rool) x37
Gooigi x37
Concept: More ATs as one new item x35
Concept: Second F-Zero rep x34
Urbosa x30
Giygas x30
Austin the Butler (Gardenscapes) x30
Concept: Assist Trophies added in updates x27
Rival Pokémon Trainer x25
Concept: Dark Souls rep x25

Under 25

Concept: Returning stages x21
Jin Sakai x20
Billy Hatcher x20
Zeraora x15
Black Shadow x15
Wolf Link x15
Concept: Fighter Pass Volume 2 is half Nintendo and half third party x15
Concept: FP2 character comes with an Echo Fighter x15
Boss: Rayquaza x11
[Rerate] Jin Kazama x10
[Rerate] Monokuma x10
Gran/Djeeta x10
Lora and Jin x10
Otto Matic x10
The Avatar (Ultima) x10
Neptune (Hyperdimension Neptunia) x10
Concept: Bravely Default rep x10
Concept: Rocket League rep x10
Chell x8
Magolor x7
Taranza x6
Concept: Darkstalkers rep x6
Sparky (Clash Royale) x5
Concept: Overwatch character x5
Asha (Wonder Boy) x5
Mii Costume: Hat Kid x5
Concept: Portal 2 rep x5
Breath of the Wild 2 Ganondorf x5
Tick (Brawl Stars) x5
King Graham x5
Concept: Fortnite character x5
Cooking Mama x5
Jill (Drill Dozer) x5
Asuka (Senran Kagura) x5
Furret x5
Deku Scrub x5
Mii Costume: Edward Falcon x5
Concept: A LABO character x5
Cynthia x5
Concept: Bonus character x5
John Marston x5
Concept: No AT promotions x5
[Rerate] Morrigan Aensland x5
[Rerate] Cadence x5
Mii Costume: Alex Kidd x5
Klonoa x5
Riptor x5
Concept
: Generic Zora x3
Three Mage Sisters x2
Concept: A Pokémon Trainer who fights x2
Concept: A fighter who uses all kicks x2
[Rerate] Metal Sonic x2
Concept: Generic Goron x2
Mii Costume: Jacket x2
Echo (Olimar) x1

The new top seven consists of The Stretchers, Concept: A person of color, D.Va, Moogle, Nate Adams, Tidus, and a tie between Zelda and Alex Mason. My monkey's paw dictates that every time I get a character into the top seven, they're either second to last or just after a fixed schedule, so this is par for the course.

Challengers approaching! We have Klonoa, Riptor, and Mii Costume: Alex Kidd, each with 5 noms!

Feel free to give my noms to Zelda (BotW sequel)

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Min Min Satisfaction: 95%

Overall, I'm pretty dang satisfied. ARMS was a game that I loved. I was pretty sad when it missed the boat for base game, and I thought we just weren't going to see it included as anything other than five spirits. I was really excited when it was announced that an ARMS character would be included.

Min Min's moveset perfectly encapsulates ARMS and even allows her individuality to shine. I hated the idea of alts, even if I thought it was possible. Not only does Min Min have her own style, she can let other ARMS characters join in later games due to allowing them a niche.

The stage is beautiful and looks fun to play. I really love that they included ALL the ARMS cast in the background. Helps each character share the spotlight a bit. Spring Tron was the only character I didn't outright see, but if they're willing to include the other fourteen character, I'm confident he'll be there too.

The music selection is perfect. Every stage theme is included. Even the Hedlok theme is in! I love it! The Grand Prix and the Ramen Bowl remixes sounded pretty great. I'm excited to hear them when the patch releases. ARMS is full of bangers and I'm so glad they recognized it!

Really the only real ARMS related negatives for me is the fact that I feel bad for Spring Man, and Min Min isn't my favorite ARMS character. She's still really cool though.

The Mii costumes look pretty cool. I'm a bit sad for Heihachi fans, but Ninjara, Callie, Marie and Vault Boy (wtf) are just pure positives. Admittedly I can't be too upset about Heihachi. If I'm allowed to be selfish here, Lloyd, one of my most wanted characters, just lost his greatest competitor. Still, I do feel that Tekken will get a character eventually.

The presentation was pretty good. I do miss the memey voice over guy, but I do appreciate the earnest and personal style this presentation had. Sakurai seemed healthy and happy, and that's good.

The Quality of Life features for Spirits are fantastic. Allowing the Collection to become a convenient place to rematch spirits is perfect. It gives spirits the museum like quality that trophies had. I really dig it.

Overall, I am very pleased. 9/10 would hype again!

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Min Min Satisfaction: 100%

I've never played Arms, but i loved everything about her and the direct. She looks so fun to play and her model looks really really good! I especially loved her trailer, it's definitely one of my favorites so far. The direct was also really chill, which is the type of direct i really really like.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Min Min satisfaction: 100%

It's really simple for me: I wanted one of my favorite recent Nintendo characters to get in Smash, and three months or so ago that went from being seemingly impossible to actually being a possibility. The fact that it actually happened is beyond anything I could have guessed and I am beyond stoked.

I don't care what this reveal means for spirits or ATs or speculation, I'm just really excited to have Min Min for what she is. It sucks as usual that for these things to happen it means other characters don't get in, but I'm going to go ahead and enjoy my selfish moment of being happy that my character is in.

Last edited:

Simnm

Smash Journeyman
Here is a tentative rerate schedule. I made this last night.

Day 467: The Boss (Saints Row) and Decidueye (Pokemon)
Day 468: Doomguy and Dragonborn
Day 469: Dante, Ryu Hayabusa, and Phoenix Wright
Day 470: Shantae and Quote
Day 471: Geno and Sora
Day 472: Crash and Spyro
Day 473: Nightmare and Sol Badguy
Day 474: Lloyd Irving and KOS MOS
Day 475: Neku and Agnes (Bravely Default)
Day 476: Dixie Kong and Bandana Dee
Day 477: Master Chief and Kratos
Day 478: Isaac and Ashley
Day 479: Gordon Freeman and Heavy Weapons Guy
Day 480: Reimu and Arle Nadja
Day 481: Skull Kid and Midna
Day 482: Krystal, Shadow, Bomberman, and Lyn
Day 483: Takamaru, Lip, and Mach Rider
Day 484: Chorus Men, Karate Joe, and Rhythm Girl
Day 485: Saki and RAY
Day 486: Rayman and Travis Touchdown
Day 487: Captain Toad and Paper Mario
Day 488: Tracer and Diablo
Day 489: Sephiroth and 2B
Day 490: Meowth, Mimikyu and Lycanroc (I CAN DREAM HAROLD)
Day 491: Sylux and Porky
Day 492: Rillaboom and Cinderace
Day 493: Toxtricity and Urshifu
Day 494: Elma and Lara Croft
Day 495: Jibanyan and Agumon
Day 496: Tails and Eggman
Day 497: Andy and Ayumi Tachibana
Day 498: Professor Layton and Steve
Day 499: Rex and Waluigi
Day 500: We do something special.
Why isnt steve getting rerated?(nvm i didnt see him)

Last edited:
Top Bottom