• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Ah, Miya?

Chance: 0%

Just like my rating for yesterday, let's start with the positives! She's a video game character. Aaaand that's it for positives. We're looking a character from a mobile game here. . . with no ties to Nintendo of any sort. . . that only left China after the pass was decided. . . and hasn't made any noteworthy impact on gaming as a whole. Yeah, I'd say that this is a pretty clear-cut case of "absolutely not going to happen". There's a large amount of hurdles that'd need to be cleared for this character to make it in, and I don't see those being cleared for this DLC.

Want: 0%
This is also similar to yesterday. I may have never touched the game and barely know a thing about it, but I know for certain that I don't want it in Smash. It's simply too recent, too niche, too predatory a game genre, too unrelated a third-party for me to even have the slightest shred of interest. And I know that we're in an age where third-party characters are far more expected and clamoured for than first-parties, but we're thankfully still in an age where third-party characters in Smash at least have plenty of reasons to be in. This definitely doesn't.

Nominating Concept: A Bravely Default character x10.

Predicting Hades to get around 6.69%.

But should gachas get into Smash? I say no, they shouldn't. It's a heinous business model that preys on people who are prone to addiction. Everyone's probably heard stories about people spending ludicrous amounts of money on these games, and I personally know people whose lives have been impacted by them, so I won't mince words: it's a business model that deserves to be outlawed, not celebrated.
I mean, if you wanna get technical, there's already a mobile gacha game with content in Smash, and a game with non-monetized but still major gacha elements with a decent bit of content. :4pacman:
Not that I disagree with you on that point, just messing around.

Last edited:

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Ren (Am)am(iya)

Chance: 0.1%. Pretty much what everybody else is saying. It's too new for Smash Ultimate, even its DLC cycles. It's from a series with next to no Smash hype. It's third party, so it would cost money to license and they may not want to spend cash on that. I believe Joker shot and killed the "Nintendo history" stuff with individual characters, but Amiya's entire franchise hasn't reached Nintendo. Hell I dunno if the owning company of Arknights has done business with Nintendo at all. The cherry on top is that because of how recent it is, it has made no impact at all.

But let's say we do get an Arknights rep. Why Amiya? Do I have any reason to believe she stands out among other potential reps?

Want: 10%. I pity this poor girl so I'm giving her an extra 10%. Otherwise... yeah, can't say I disagree with the idea that gacha games are the one part of gaming that arugably don't deserve to be represented. Don't care about Arknights at all but at this point we're running low on character slots and it'd be more disappointing than not.

Arle and CJ x 5, though once Arle and/or CJ make the schedule, I have an idea for who to nominate next. For a sec I thought we were doing Zagreus tomorrow, and as it turns out, it's KI Hades. 6.30%

SharkLord

Smash Hero
But let's say we do get an Arknights rep. Why Amiya? Do I have any reason to believe she stands out among other potential reps?
While I don't have that much knowledge of the game and pretty much all of my knowledge is from TV Tropes, I do know that Amiya's the first Operator you get, is the most prominent character in the storyline, is the only Operator you can't pull from both the gacha or the alternative Recruitment feature, is the face of the marketing, and her progression is tied to the story as well (Plus the fact that she's the only instance where you need to get to a certain level in the storyline to proceed). Basically, she's the mascot and the closest thing we have to a protagonist we could actually use in Smash.

Technically, the player character is the Doctor, but they're effectively Mark from Fire Emblem: Blazing Blade if they had any importance to the storyline; That is, they don't actually fight, and play the role of tactician from the sidelines. They don't even get a gun like the FE Heroes guy. I suppose we could have them throw a bunch of Operators at you, but overall Amiya has more prominence than they do.

Or we could do a Pokemon Trainer situation, I guess, but that's another can of worms and would need to include Amiya anyways.

wait what am i doing here i'm supposed to be dead

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
While I don't have that much knowledge of the game and pretty much all of my knowledge is from TV Tropes, I do know that Amiya's the first Operator you get, is the most prominent character in the storyline, is the only Operator you can't pull from both the gacha or the alternative Recruitment feature, is the face of the marketing, and her progression is tied to the story as well (Plus the fact that she's the only instance where you need to get to a certain level in the storyline to proceed). Basically, she's the mascot and the closest thing we have to a protagonist we could actually use in Smash.

Technically, the player character is the Doctor, but they're effectively Mark from Fire Emblem: Blazing Blade if they had any importance to the storyline; That is, they don't actually fight, and plays the role of tactician from the sidelines. They don't even get a gun like the FE Heroes guy. I suppose we could have them throw a bunch of Operators at you, but overall Amiya has more prominence than they do.

Or we could do a Pokemon Trainer situation, I guess, but that's another can of worms and would need to include Amiya anyways.

wait what am i doing here i'm supposed to be dead
I think you forgot to turn your mic off.

(That's an Among Us joke).

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Amiya

Chance - 0% - Arknights simply came in way to late to really have a chance. Add on being a mobile game from a developer with no known connection with Nintendo, and you have a character who has relatively little chance to get in. While I feel that she's the most likely Arknights character by a long shot, the chances of Arknights getting a character is so remote I don't consider it a possibility.

Want - 35% - Eh, I've heard Arknights is relatively kind for a Gatcha game, but otherwise I have no attachment to it. Tower defense isn't exactly my style of game. I'd rather have another 3rd party.

Nominations

Arle Nadja X5

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Day over.

Rate Hades from Kid Icarus.

Predict Mii Costume: Jill Stingray from VA-11 Hall-A.

Megadoomer Megadoomer

-----

Some songs to get into the Hades mood:

Last edited:

Neosonic97

Smash Journeyman
To explain what Sharklord said, but equating it to a far more popular gacha game, she's basically Arknights' equivalent to Fate/Grand Order's eggplant Mash Kyrielight.

Anyway, onto the actual character of the week...

"PIT! HADES! PIT! HADES! PIT! HADES!" repeat ad infinitum.

Chance: oof
It hurts me to say this unironically about a character (let alone one from the masterpiece that is Kid Icarus: Uprising), but he really do be too big, though. This isn't even a Ridley situation: Hades at his smallest is literally larger than even the largest interpretations of Bowser. The best representation he's ever going to get is as an AT or a boss.

Want: 50%.
He'd actually be pretty cool (not to mention the potential for THE best Palutena's guidance in the game), though.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
morning do gooders!

chances: hmmm at any other time i might have thought this could happen but im gonna go with 10%. had it been sakurai choosing the characters i would say he had a better shot. however it is nintendo suggesting characters to sakurai and i think theyll be suggesting characters from their switch titles. so unless theres an uprising port/sequel in the works i dont think itll happen. even then whos to say thats the one theyd go for theres a couple other prominent and popular characters hed have to contend with. all in all in think theres a small chance nintendo would suggest any of their characters but i think hes not the sort of theyll be more likely to suggest.

want: 0% im not one for bad guys. i got nothing against his character i just dont really like playing bad guys and am not really in favour of any getting in apart from king boo and eggman. also im not overly fond of KI getting another character, i feel they were pushing it with pitoo. it felt like he was making up excuses to make him playable. all in all there's nothing that would appeal to me about him no matter how funny or unique to play as he might be.

nominate chibi-robo x5 and qbby x5

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Hades

Chance: 0.1%
The last Kid Icarus game was Uprising in 2011. With no new game on the horizon, I don't see another Kid Icarus character happening anytime soon. Even if we were to get another character from the series it'd probably be Medusa or Viridi. Medusa benefits from being a more reoccurring and recognizable character throughout the series. Viridi benefits from being much more popular and even appears more frequently in Smash like through the Reset Bomb Forest cameo, her own Mii Costume, and of course the Palutena Guideance conversations. Hades has his fans but unless Medusa and/or Viridi get in first, it's hard to see him making the cut.

Want: 5%
Never played Uprising so perhaps my score would be higher if I actually did. Based on what I've seen of the characters though, I'd much prefer Medusa or Viridi. I like Medusa because her design is cool (I have a thing for characters that have snakes in their design) and she's a character with a longer history in the series. Viridi also seems like a fun choice since I like her nature theme and we need more smart-mouthed characters in Smash. I know Hades would probably be cool on his own (and even has his share of comical moments), but he just screams boss battle material to me. And honestly while I don't mind the Kid Icarus series, I think it has enough reps at the moment.

-----

Jill Stingray costume chance prediction: 6.00%

Nominations:
Concept: Fortnite Character x10
(This already has 55 noms so I'm gonna get this into the schedule first following recent events)

Last edited:

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Hades

Chance: 5%. Hades does have a few things going for him, like being a villain. But it’s more likely that Viridi would be the next Kid Icarus Rep. But given how much KId Icarus got represented in the fourth game, it’s not quite far fetched.

Want: 70%. I think Hades led be fun fun to play as, and if he joins in, we can see a rematch with PIt or a fight without Ganondorf. Even if he isn’t playable, he could also be a boss. Overall, Hades has some potential in Smash.

Prediction: Jill Mii Costume (10%)

Noms: 5 for Echo: Olimar

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Now wait just a second
Chance: 50% IT'S A COINFLIP BAYBEEEEE 1%
I could make the argument for Hades being the next KI rep in line but it really doesn't matter. He ultimately suffers fromt he same factor any Kid Icarus candidate does. Uprising isn't relevant anymore and Sakurai has shown no interest in a sequel, leaving the franchise with now future as of right now. He also doesn't have anywhere near the demand villains like Ridley and K.Rool had so there's little reason for Nintendo to choose him. Hades would have to be a Sakurai pick 100% but he doesn't have the main say in this. I don't know the guy personally though, he certainly wouldn't be guaranteed to have Hades on the top of his mind. Who knows though, Sakurai likes fighters that would have a fun playstyle and Hades definitely has some potential. I don't agree the size argument applies to him at all though. They still made Ridley work, Hades doesn't have a proportion problem and he's a god. He probably isn't below size-manipulation.

Want: 90%
By anybody who has played KI Uprising, Hades is often regarded as one of, if not the greatest Nintendo villains. Being wondrously snarky and entertaining yet a huge threat in the story at the same time. And granting us one of the hypest final boss battles in a Nintendo game. Chapters 23 and 25 alone can fil up a cohesive moveset with his rapid strikes and heavy blows, energy shots, laser blasts, homing arrows, inhalation, dive kick, death twister, vortex palms, chest drill, reflect sceen projection, teleportation, regeneration and minion summoning. All attached to a delightfull bad guy. I know some people prefer Medusa or Viridi or would just prefer not getting any more KI content. But as someone who loves Uprising and entertaining villains, I can't say no to Hades.

Jill Stingray costume: 4.49%
The Knight x10

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Hey look, Arknight's day is over!
"Hey look, who cares?"

Chance: 1% Kid Icarus is once again dormant so Hades doesn't have relevancy on his side. He lacks Smash popularity from what I can tell, likely due to Echo Fever making Medusa seen as more viable due to Palutena's body shape and people still being bitter about Kid Icarus getting a lot of new content in Smash 4 despite getting very little this time around and despite being more charasmatic than the other options, he's also a lesser figure in the franchise with Viridi being more involved with the game and already being quite prominent in Smash and Medusa having been around longer. It's a brutal combination and Hades would need a miracle.

Want: 80% Kid Icarus is one of my favourite examples of great games with crap controls, the other being TWEWY, but damn does it deserve more love. Hades may be unlikely as hell, but he's easily one of the most charismatic Nintendo villains out there with his constant snark and the oh so memorable Scott Bullock performance. While it's been too long since I've seen Uprising and Hades' fights, I can easily see him have Guilty Gear's Slayer's mannerisms, just constantly not giving a **** about what's going on, well aware he's in a game due to his own typical nature. Sadly though he'd lack a Palutena Guidance and Smash already does a pretty bad job at character interaction, Hades lacking interactions with the Pits and Palutena would be VERY heart breaking, almost as bad as FF merely getting 2 songs

Miriam x10

jamesster445

Smash Lord
Hades
Chance: 10%

Hades is such a great Nintendo villain. He has way too much fun being a troll and I imagine that his fighting style would translate well enough. Sadly Kid Icarus is in a slump and he has competition with Medusa who has seniority.

To keep with the today's theme
Nominations: Zagreus (Hades) Mii x5

Lyncario

Smash Ace
The lord of the underworld, Hades

Chances: 0.01%

Hades, Hades, Hades, you are extremly unlikely, sadly. Your positives points to be included into Smash are that you are the main vilain of Kid Icarus Uprising, a 1st party Nintendo game that Sakurai made, and that you are a fan favorite amongs Nintendo vilains, and that's it. Now for the negatives, which are way more present. First of all, Kid Icarus is on hiatus, with Sakurai doing th dlc for Ultimate, and with no one else at Nintendo being up to do a sequel for yor series. And there's also that while KIU did good, it also did no do amazing (it sold over 1 million copies, and while yes, this is good, but not on the level of Mario, Zelda, or Pokemon), and there's indeed the problem of KIU being now irrelevant since the 3DS ended production. And then there's also so many first party characters who are more relevant or have way more fan demand than Hades, like Bandana Dee, Skull Kid, Midna, Rex, or many, many others. I just don't see Hades standing a chance against them to get in as part of fighter pass 2.

Want: 92%

Which is a damn shame, because Hades nwould be amazing in Smash. He is easily a top tier vilain, and that's not just for Nintendo or gaming, but fiction as a whole for me, he is just that awesome, and charismatic, and funny, and he could have one of the best Palutena's guidance, It would just be so funny. Furthermore, Kid Icarus Uprising is one of my favorite 3DS games, behind only SMT4, it's just that good, even if the controls take more time to get used to than what anyones like, but I still find it a top tier game in term of pretty much everything but the controls. And Hades is easily one of the best part of it, so even if he's not my most wanted Kid Icarus character (this goes to Magnus, even if Hades is close behind him), he's still up there. So yeah, I think that Hades in Smash would be amazing.

Nominations

Cynthia x10

Predictions

Jill mii costume: 12.4%

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
Hello again, Pitty-pat.
Chance: 2%
It sucks to give this rating, but yeah. In general I don't think Kid Icarus would be getting another character. There's lots of other first parties Nintendo would likely focus on before going for KI again, especially because it already has 3 characters. This being said, Uprising is a beloved game, I could see Sakurai of course being interested in adding another KI character, but not so much Nintendo at the moment, especially in the scope of DLC where they come with lots of content rather than just the fighter. If there was another KI character, I could see it being between Hades, Medusa and Viridi. Perhaps in a new game he'd have a better chance.

Want: 80%
Would be very welcome. Uprising is one of my favorite games on 3DS and Hades is a great villain; I'm almost sure anyone who played KI:U could see it. I'd be most looking forward to his characterization, he'd probably be a pretty powerful fighter with mainly melee moves. It'd be interesting to see how they translate him into a Smash moveset here since in KI:U he's a giant god most of the time. Not that I see any issue with that, since both Palutena and Viridi appear as giant often too and mention they can change at will. From how nice Uprising was I'd really like more content from it of any kind. Plus as it's already been mentioned he'd have a great Palutena's Guidance.

Nominations: Worms x10 (Gotta switch from Adol)
Prediction: 8% for Jill costume.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Discount James Woods
Chance: 2%

Correct me if I’m wrong or anything, but I heard Japan didn’t really like him that much because he was kinda boring compared to the English dub. So I guess if Sakurai will go for anyone, it wouldn’t be him.

Want: 100%
Mainly due to his antics. I could use a comedic Hades who isn’t played by a butthole celebrity. Only downside is that we won’t get a special Guidance for him because he’d be DLC.

Jill Stingray: 5%

Noms:
Crazy Dave x5

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Hades

Chance 3 - A first party villian from a series already in Smash. That's not a bad start. Sadly for him Kid Icuras hasn't had anything in a long while and doesn't appear to have anything coming either. Not that there couldnt be stuff on it's way but at the moment it seems unlikely. There's also strong competition from Medusa as a KI villain which makes things even more tricky for him. Overall I suppose there's a shot here but I can't see it as a legitimate chance unless more evidence comes in his favor.

Want 60 - Leaning yes towards him for a couple reasons. First, he seems like he has a fun personality and fun characters always work really well in Smash. And 2nd, I think we need more Nintendo villains and he fits the bill. Have only really played the original KI game as a kid and I have no idea if Hades was even in that so can really say I have a connection to the character but I can see why people might want him

Predictions:
Jill Mii Costume - uh..... 2.41% I guess

Noms
No Internet TRex x10

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Hades

Chance: 3% -
He certainly has a good start, a first party villain with a decent following and from a very acclaimed game! The problem is, that's about as far as it goes. Kid Icarus hasn't had a game since 2011 and Sakurai hasn't expressed any interest in making another one. That alone spells out a lack of a future for the franchise (a lot of creator-driven franchises suffer in this regard). There's also inter-series and out-of-series competition. In-series medusa may get picked for her seniority, or Viridi for either her popularity or equally prominent role. Then he has to compete with a lot of beloved first parties like Rex, Bandana Dee, Waluigi, Dixie, etc. He may have a decent amount of popularity in the west thanks to his localized personality (much like fellow villain DJ Octavio) but he's no Ridley or K. Rool. So I don't think the current lack of relevance can be made up for at the moment, that and his competition are just too strong at the moment.

Want: 30% - Not a character I'd choose personally but if I had to choose a Kid Icarus rep to add he'd probably be the one. His moves seem super cool and his personality's pretty funny, too! Plus I find him more appealing than his competition. Medusa seems interesting but the prospect of another Kid Icarus echo doesn't interest me much. Meanwhile I find Viridi's personality very off-putting (along with similar characters like Sothis from Fire Emblem, though I do understand that they're both often flanderized in outside works and I've never played Uprising myself). So I wouldn't necessarily have any qualms of he were chosen. Though there are first parties that I'd much rather see, especially with such limited slots. Especially Pikmin. As a huge Pikmin fan I'd rather see it get a second rep before Kid Icarus (a much smaller series) gets its' fourth.

Nominations:
Don-chan x5
4x Strategy Rep x5

Predictions:
Jill Mii Costume - 5.36% - It's a possibility, though I don't expect much faith in the concept, given that Miis have gone to much bigger indies like Cuphead and Undertale. Though being on the Switch is still a point in her favor.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Hades

Chance: 0.1%

I don't really see Kid Icarus getting another unique rep, if they were to get another character, it would most likely be an echo like Medusa or Viridi. There's also the part where the series has been inactive since 2012, so getting another character in general is already low, let alone a unique one.

Want: 5%

I don't really care for Kid Icarus getting another unique character this round. I wouldn't mind an echo like Medusa or Viridi because of the lessened dev time, but in all honestly I'd much prefer just getting a new Kid Icarus on Switch before getting another character in Smash. He would be a cool boss though.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
Hades

Chance: 1%. Remember back in Sm4sh days when people were worried about Hades being DLC because "Sakurai Bias"? Ah, how the mighty have fallen.

He's from a critically-acclaimed and beloved Nintendo game. He is a generally beloved villain even if his positive reception is a little bit less global then, say, Viridi. Sadly, that's kind of where the good things dry up. Kid Icarus is a brand Nintendo isn't currently using outside of crossovers and Sakurai is a bit busy with other things at the moment to make another one. It already has multiple stages, a solid helping of spirits, a good selection of music, and even a variety of items within Smash. There just... isn't much reason to choose to give Kid Icarus another rep in 2020, honestly. Nintendo has IPs that are more relevant, more popular, and with more holes to fill in terms of Smash representation. We have plenty of IPs that are represented in Smash, but have certain eras or games of their series missing entirely, while Kid Icarus Upririsng is repped better then any other Kid Icarus game. Even if we're thinking about wild card Sakurai picks, then I'd still expect another Terry-esque gaming-history pick over returning to Kid Icarus....

Want: 85%. Hades is funny and likeable. He also could increase the odds of a post-CP11 update that adds in more Guidances! Maybe... sighs A person can dream...

Noms: Monika Mii Costume x 10
Predictions: 8% and a lot of alcohol puns

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Hades

Abstain. I don't have much time right now plus I'm not sure what to think of his chances.

Prediction: Jill Mii costume - 7%

Noms: Vectorman x5

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
THESE CHARACTERS ARE LOCKED DOWN, NOMINATIONS FOR THEM ARE OBSOLETE

Day 526: Mii Costume: Jill Stingray (VA-11 Hall-A)
Day 527: Neptune (Hyperdimension Neptunia)
Day 528: Concept: A Bravely Default character
Day 529: Arthur (Ghosts 'n Goblins)
Day 530: Adol Christin (Ys)
Day 531: Concept: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon content
Day 532: Concept: Content from currently unreleased game (not Spirit Events) (as of May 17th 2020)

No surprises here, the top dogs have mostly remained the same for the past week, with Adol - and his steady 20 noms a day - being a very foreseeable inclusion.

The new top seven consists of Alex Mason, Impa, Coco as Crash's Echo/Costume, A Microsoft rep that isn't Steve or Master Chief, Frisk, Red, and a tie between Chibi-Robo and Miriam.

Alex Mason x190
Impa (Age of Calamity) x190
Concept: Coco as Crash's Echo/Costume x160
Concept: A Microsoft rep that isn't Steve or Master Chief x155
[Rerate] Frisk x150
Red (Angry Birds) x125
[Rerate] Chibi-Robo x120
Miriam x120

150 - 101

D.Va x115
[Rerate] Maxwell x115
Concept: Second F-Zero rep x104

100 - 51

Hajime Hinata x100
Zero (Mega Man) x95
[Rerate] The Knight x95
Mii Costume: Alex Kidd x93
Boss: Ender Dragon x88
Riptor x85
[Rerate] Arle Nadja x85
Stage: Bowser's Castle x81
Concept: Darksiders rep x80
Sackboy x80
Don-chan x80
Fulgore x79
Concept: More ATs as one new item x75
Dwight Fairfield (Dead by Daylight) x75
[Rerate] Concept: Boss Rush x70
Concept: Rocket League rep x70
Boss: Rayquaza x70
Cynthia (Pokémon) x70
Scorpion (Mortal Kombat) x70
Giygas x65
Carl Johnson x65
Concept: The remaining SSB4 DLC Mii Costumes return (or get the deluxe treatment) x60
Concept: SNES-era Final Fantasy rep x55
Concept: Fortnite character x55
Gooigi x55
Vi (Bug Fables) x55
[Rerate] Monokuma x55
Echo: Zeraora (Lucario) x55
[Rerate] Jin Kazama x55
Magolor x55
John Marston x55
Jin Sakai x55
Ghirahim x55
Echo (Olimar) x51

50 - 25

Crazy Dave x35
T-Rex Runner x35
[Rerate] Concept: New Zelda character x30
Tetra x25
Ryza (Atelier) x25

Under 25

Qbby x20
Echo (Bowser) x20
Yarn Yoshi x15
Concept: A Challenger Pack with 2 Fighters x15
Billy & Jimmy Lee x15
[Rerate] Reimu Hakurei x15
Tetris x10
Concept: A 4X strategy rep x10
Concept: Rocket League content x5
[Rerate] Thrall x5
Stage: Tetris x5
[Rerate] Agumon x5
[Rerate] Lara Croft x5
Stage: Tetris 99 x5
[Rerate] Concept: Any new Xenoblade character x5
Mii Costume: Monika x5
Beat (Jet Set Radio) x5

Concept: The remaining SSB4 DLC Mii Costumes return gains over 50 noms.

Ryza concocts 25 noms.

Challenger approaching! Today we have Beat, with 5 noms.

Ridrool64 Ridrool64 You missed out on the 10 noms, so I'm gonna need you to tell me how to distribute the 5 you earned between CJ and Arle.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Hades, star of Kid Icarus Uprising

Chance: 5%
It's not looking great. Kid Icarus is falling once more into irrelevance. While they could make a sequel to Uprising, or at least port the original to the Switch, right now we have no indication that they'll do that. And as it stands, Kid Icarus is pretty well represented, and there isn't currently a huge outcry to go back into that well. Even if they did, he still competes with original villain Medusa and popular side character Viridi, both of whom have equal claims to fame as he does. I will point out that size is no issue, as all gods in Kid Icarus have the canonical ability to change their size.

Want: Hades%
Hades is one of the most entertaining villains in all of gaming. His dialogue is gold, his delivery is platinum. Every moment he's onscreen he outshines everyone else and leaves you wanting more. For that alone I want him in Smash. Plus, he's a known troll, so besides the many powers he displays in Uprising, they could also lean into that to create a character with a mocking playstyle. Unfortunately his personality would likely translate into little more than taunts and victory quotes, but that doesn't diminish my support for him at all. C'mon Sakurai give us Uprising 2!

Noms: Scorpion x10
Jill Mii prediction: uh I dunno 10%

warpenguin55

Smash Journeyman
Hades
Chance: 7%
It's not completely impossible that Hades makes it in. I think he missed his shot when he wasn't included in Smash 4. I don't think Nintendo would go back for him.

Kid Icarus Uprising was a pretty fun game. The dialog was always fun and Hades always popping into the conversation just to troll was great. Yes please.

Noms: Rocket League rep x5

Last edited:

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
The Legend Himself
Chance: 1%: I don't see us getting another Kid Icarus rep, even if they're popular. And there's the other problem of Viridi and Medusa, who would definently be first in line for a playable character at least from what I've seen in terms of popularity for Smash. Especially since those two also would be easier to incorporate into the game.
Want: 100%: This guy is one of the greatest villains in gaming history. He's funny and witty and him existing is such a cool twist that I didn't see coming in Uprising. And the voice acting, oh god, it's incredible. The performance is simply amazing, and one of my favorite villain performances, alongside
Alter Ego Junko Enoshima
and Tohru Adachi (aka the best part of Persona 4 fight me). Just...There could be so much that with comes with this guy. Also, the moveset potential, and the MUSIC. Kid Icarus has great music, and more of it is never a bad thing. Uprising really deserves more love, and it starts here with Hades.
Nominations: Hajime Hinata x10

Inue Houji

Purplish Wig
Hades
Chance: 0.5%
He had his chance in Smash 4, he's not DLC material. Unless they release a sequel, which with Sakurai working on smash, is highly unlikely.

Want: Abstain
Don't know enough about him.

Predict Jill: 1%

Nominations
Beat x5

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Hades.

Chance - 0%. I can't see us getting another KI rep in the DLC. The series hasn't been up to much since Uprising, and the director is busy with another project right now (we talk about it a lot). Even then, it's not just Hades that could be the next KI rep. Viridi is very popular as well, and Medusa has legacy on her side. All in all, not painting a good picture for Hades.

Want - Abstain. I never went far in Uprising. One nice thing to say is that a new KI character would have to mean new guidances, which would be nice.

Noms: Maxwell x 10

Last edited:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
"When freaky aliens give you lemons, you make freaky alien lemonade!"

Chance: 5%

Getting some real flashbacks to the Smash 4 era right now, where Kid Icarus was right behind Fire Emblem in terms of the whole "this series is way too overrepresented" scapegoat. . . well, there's a good reason why it's not being talked about anymore. Uprising has yet to get a sequel or any sort of follow-up, the series got no noteworthy new content in Ultimate, and it's not looking like it'll get any any time soon. With Hades in particular I suppose it could be a possibility that he could make it in as DLC. . . but on the other hand, in addition to the previously mentioned points, there isn't really much content left that he could come with. The only thing that I could see getting Hades in would be Sakurai's favouritism, and that is very far from a guarantee.

Want: 60%
Hades is pretty cool. Memorable character, great personality fun boss fight - I wouldn't be opposed to see him making it in. Though I don't think I'd be entirely behind him making it in as part of a challenger pack.

No nominations or predictions from me today.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Hades

0.1% Chance

Remember in Smash 4 when Hades seemed like a legitimate possibility? Wow, times have changed. Back then, Hades seemed like something that could genuinely happen due to it getting a clone and a unique fighter. Nowadays, KI has gotten...zilch. Hades has the edge of being popular kind of with fans of Uprising, but it is not like Uprising is the biggest game out there. Combine that with the depth of KI content (mainly from Uprising) in smash, the fact a sequel is not on the table for a while, and the fact that all he has going for him is Daddy Sakurai's potential bias and Hades looks as dead as the KI franchise rn.

50% Want

Ok this is something I would actually be down for. Part of this is due to the possibility that Hades' VA can record new Guidance clips for the DLC characters. Hearing Hades roast the roster for DLC would be a treat. Other than that though, Hades is an interesting character. You could easily make some sort of unique moveset for him, and I am always down for more villains. Not my first pick, but one I would not be super upset over.

Coco as Crash's echo/costume x 10

Today we got Jill Stingray as a Mii Costume. Va 11 Ha 11 A is a super fun visual novel with cyperpunk waifu bartending action. It is reasonably popular and got a switch port, will that lead to a Mii Costume? Rate this in Chance and Want.

Tomorrow the Console Wars are back on... kinda. We got Neptune from Hyperdimmension Neptunia. Predict Neptune's chance.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Gonna abstain because I don't know nearly enough about Jill

Predictions
Neptune - 1.24

Noms:
No Internet TRex x 5

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Jill Mii Costume

Chance: 5% -
It is certainly possible. We've had a lot of unexpected picks for Mii costumes that have really changed speculation. Furthermore, Jill's game is reasonably popular and has Nintendo representation, which is definitely good for her pedigree. She's also no stranger to crossovers, having appeared in a few mobile game collaboration events according to a friend of mine. However, she's an indie, and indie competition is incredibly tight, even for Mii Costumes. The one's we've gotten have only been exceptionally popular and renown franchises like Cuphead and Undertale, and a Shovel Knight or Hollow Knight Mii could be next in line, given their studios' respective closeness to Nintendo, or even Quote from Cave Story. Jill, on the other hand, does have a relationship but is definitely and unfortunately overshadowed by the bigger players. I also haven't seen much demand for her to be in Smash, and haven't even seen much talk about the game itself. Jill has a chance but has her fair share of hoops to jump through, even as a Mii.

Want: 40% - A close friend of mine loves this game so I'm definitely giving some bonus points since I love to see my friends smile! As for me, I don't have any experience with her game myself but visual novels (outside of Ace Attorney, which is more of a puzzle game anyway) don't really appeal to me. So I don't have much of an incentive to give it a go myself. Though, she does have Nintendo representation and would be a great choice for a costume to come with a music track (I will say that the soundtrack is excellent, Every Day is Night would be a great choice for Smash's music library). So while she's not really my cup of tea, I'm all for unexpected Mii costumes and she'd be a choice that'd both make my friend happy and that I'd be perfectly fine with!

Nominations:
Don-chan x5
4x Strategy Rep x5

Predictions:
Neptune - 5.98% - Not expecting high scores since Nintendo doesn't push the series and it has little to no fan demand.

Top Bottom